Original message (7670 Views )

Toxico
5709th Post

user profileedit/delete message

PSN: Toxic-Baron
XBL: n/a
Wii: n/a

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"TTT2: Raging Bears and Tag Assaulting T-rexes" , posted Mon 10 Sep 03:43:post reply

Well, we are a few days off from the game and I figured that it's about time for the other thread to retire.

I was supposedly to already have a copy of the game in my hands and I was to be posting away pics of naked customizations, but due to clumsy scheduling by the local stores I'll have to wait some before getting my greasy pawns in the game.

edit : I originally wanted to name the thread something like "The game of Raging Bears, Tag Assaulting T-rexes, Adultering kangaroos, Ancestral Tentacle pelicans, Flip-flapping European lesbians and Naked male martial artists", but the character cap for header title got the best of me.

quote:
Apparently many stores are breaking street date and selling TTT2. Did you preorder to get the Snoop Dog (sorry... Snoop Lion) stage? I still can't believe there are so many characters.

Well, if this question is to myself, then the answer is no, I didn't. Down here pre-ordering means dealing with international packages. Sometimes you get your package a good 2 weeks or more before release day as you should, but some other customs decide to be an ass and their send your package back to trader because "the country sells games already, there is no need for foreign ones". -- I have an almost perfect 5 months delay for my SRW preorders, and I don't see that record improving in the feasible future. Then again, I haven't lost yet any packages, so I'm within the "the lucky ones" group.

Bottom line is, I'm not gonna play Russian Roulette with I game that I want to play day one. Also, I doubt that I would adopt into the "family" (chars that I use) any of the DLC crew.

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ
Update 24 as of 03/04/12. // 104 personajes traducidos

Now sponsoring : video game analogies (ES)
Last update : Chapter 24 as of 15/06/12

[this message was edited by Toxico on Mon 10 Sep 03:50]

Replies:

Pollyanna
3277th Post

PSN: Lilly_Dopamine

"Re(1):TTT2: Raging Bears and Tag Assaulting T" , posted Mon 10 Sep 10:48post reply

quote:
Did you preorder to get the Snoop Dog (sorry... Snoop Lion) stage?

There is LITERALLY no other reason to play the game, so you better fucking believe I preordered. I spent hours on the phone with whoever would listen trying to see if it was somehow possible to have MULTIPLE Snoop stages.

Toxico's preorder tales of woe remind me that while I'm sometimes ashamed to be American, I'm reimbursed with convenience.

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

Grave
1464th Post

PSN: Drakee
XBL: eccothedolphin

Red Carpet Executive Member

"2 DAYS UNTIL LEE CHAOLAN BANANA HAMMOCK" , posted Mon 10 Sep 11:52post reply

OK, so I was going to complain about how I have to go to GameStop to get all 4 "DLC" characters in a timely fashion. If I were to have Amazon.com conveniently deliver it to my door on release date, I'd only have Michelle and Angel. Have I mentioned how stupid that is? It's really stupid. I bet Harada's mad as hell about it. But Toxico's post has reminded me that I should probably settle down. So I'm gonna do that now.

It's weird how excited I was about this game a few months ago and now I just kind of accept it as an inevitability and have resigned myself to playing it as if it's some doctor's appointment I made months in advance. Fighting game burnout? I dunno... I'm liking P4A just fine. I think I'll be really happy about this once I actually have it in hand!

Gojira
2871th Post

PSN: Gojira_X
XBL: Gojiraaa
Wii: 80085

"Re(1):2 DAYS UNTIL LEE CHAOLAN BANANA HAMMOCK" , posted Mon 10 Sep 12:45post reply

The Best Buy near me broke street date but I'm still waiting for 9/11 anyway. Plus I already paid for my pre-order to get all the characters. I'm sure the reason stores everywhere have been breaking street date is because they're not Gamestop and need something to offer in place of a pre-order bonus. "Pre-order and you get the game right now" is an okay bonus, right?

Ishmael
4443th Post

PSN: Ishmael26b

"Re(2):2 DAYS UNTIL LEE CHAOLAN BANANA HAMMOCK" , posted Mon 10 Sep 13:01post reply

Probably thanks to those sneaky early releases pictures of the six hidden characters have already shown up online. Managing to remain hidden almost until the game was officially released is pretty good as far as game secrets go.

Pollyanna
3279th Post

"Re(1):2 DAYS UNTIL LEE CHAOLAN BANANA HAMMOCK" , posted Mon 10 Sep 13:43post reply

quote:
OK, so I was going to complain about how I have to go to GameStop to get all 4 "DLC" characters in a timely fashion. If I were to have Amazon.com conveniently deliver it to my door on release date, I'd only have Michelle and Angel. Have I mentioned how stupid that is? It's really stupid.

On the upside, everyone eventually gets all of the characters for free, so it's mostly harmless. Also, it's not like the game is lacking in characters to use. This "getting different DLC from different places" thing is starting to get silly, though.

quote:
It's weird how excited I was about this game a few months ago and now I just kind of accept it as an inevitability and have resigned myself to playing it as if it's some doctor's appointment I made months in advance. Fighting game burnout? I dunno... I'm liking P4A just fine. I think I'll be really happy about this once I actually have it in hand!

I'm so pumped about this game that I've worked 12 hour days 2 weeks in a row to get ahead on projects so I'll have at least a little time to play it. The downside is that Persona got thrown under the rug, and I really liked the game. Although the pay is outstanding, I'm now losing the happiness balance of time/money.

quote:
Best Buy

PURCHASING RANT
I ordered Tekken from Amazon, which has been my game-ordering choice thanks to no tax, Prime shipping and nice credit deals in the past. However, now I have to pay tax and they've decreased their "free money" deals considerably.

Best Buy's $20 in credit for preordering Biohazard 6 made me join their gamer's club thing, which has saved me over $50 already. In addition, their incompetence has lead to one completely free game and one free LE upgrade. (These are not apologies for poor customer service, but idiotic mistakes)

I've saved my money already, but I wonder if sticking with them is smart or not. I wanted to take advantage of the "Buy 2 get 1" deal on 3DS games, went to THREE stores and couldn't find a copy of Kid Icarus. Online, they wouldn't ship Mario Land (for whatever reason), I couldn't do pickup on Kid Icarus, and NSMB2 was glitched out and wouldn't include itself. This week, they have a $30 off the Witcher 2 coupon, but no copies of the game anywhere in this city. They offer me savings, then defiantly refuse to take my money.

quote:
Probably thanks to those sneaky early releases pictures of the six hidden characters have already shown up online. Managing to remain hidden almost until the game was officially released is pretty good as far as game secrets go.

True. Also, since we're not supposed to pay $20 and wait half a year for them, outrage should be minimal.

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

Toxico
5710th Post

"Brain Leakage" , posted Mon 10 Sep 14:24:post reply

Open at your own risk.

EXCELLENT.

Spoiler (Highlight to view) -
I'm soooo gonna play Sebastian

End of Spoiler

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

Last update : Chapter 24 as of 15/06/12

[this message was edited by Toxico on Mon 10 Sep 14:25]

karasu99
984th Post

PSN: robotchris
XBL: robotchris

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(2):2 DAYS UNTIL LEE CHAOLAN BANANA HAMMOCK" , posted Tue 11 Sep 04:54post reply

quote:

I'm so pumped about this game that I've worked 12 hour days 2 weeks in a row to get ahead on projects so I'll have at least a little time to play it. The downside is that Persona got thrown under the rug, and I really liked the game. Although the pay is outstanding, I'm now losing the happiness balance of time/money.

My relationship with Tekken is strange: I could have cared less about 3 months ago, but now that the game's release is imminent, it's like the PS2 and TTT release all over again. I understand what you mean about minimizing projects-- I've shipped off two thing in the past week and I'm getting ready to hunker down and do nothing but practice my King/A. King technique for a week.

Plus, I'm resolving to never suggest I don't like Tekken, like I did back when 4/5/6 were released; it turns out my play time for 6 alone was something staggeringly insane.
quote:

Best Buy
PURCHASING RANT
I ordered Tekken from Amazon, which has been my game-ordering choice thanks to no tax, Prime shipping and nice credit deals in the past. However, now I have to pay tax and they've decreased their "free money"

I broke down and ordered it through Gamestop to get early access to all the goodies. I typically either buy through Amazon or through a local-ish chain here in Oregon, but this time I decided that the allure of ALL the extras was too great-- plus my local chain won't have it anytime soon, and I'd rather be playing the game by the weekend.

Regarding Best Buy, I've given up on them since they typically don't report that something is out of stock accurately, don't even stock most of the games I want, and so on. Plus, trying to go to the physical store is a complete nightmare, at least for semi-agoraphobic me: every day there is like a looting in progress.

quote:
True. Also, since we're not supposed to pay $20 and wait half a year for them, outrage should be minimal.

If you page down in the comments of the Shoryuken story, you'll see that already people are bitching about the being 'SFxT all over again', despite the characters all being free. Granted, a lot of other poster take the trolls to task over it, but still. I'm not exactly sure what people want, really.

www.secret-arts.com

Grave
1465th Post

"Re(3):2 DAYS UNTIL LEE CHAOLAN BANANA HAMMOCK" , posted Tue 11 Sep 05:05post reply

Ha! Despite all the whining and complaining I went with Amazon because I just didn't want to deal with GameStop. Things almost never go well when I do... I'm pretty sure waiting a few months for Kunimitsu won't kill me. How many years have we waited already?!

As for the other characters...

CAN I HAVE A LEE/VIOLET TEAM PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

End of Spoiler

KTallguy
1424th Post

PSN: Hunter-KT

"Re(4):2 DAYS UNTIL LEE CHAOLAN BANANA HAMMOCK" , posted Tue 11 Sep 06:10:post reply

This is the main reason I want to play TTT2:

Play to win... or to have fun too! :)

[this message was edited by KTallguy on Tue 11 Sep 06:11]

Ishmael
4445th Post

"Re(5):2 DAYS UNTIL LEE CHAOLAN BANANA HAMMOCK" , posted Tue 11 Sep 07:57post reply

The main reason I've never investigated Best Buy's game program is because I'm honestly surprised the place is still in business. Every time I go in there it's like watching water run through a sieve. Since I wanted my game to be as bloated as possible with goodies I pre-ordered from Gamestop. But instead of the usual Gamestop robo-message telling me my game was going to be in tomorrow I just received a call from Anna Williams that doubled as phone sex. I'm not certain what to think about that.

karasu99
985th Post

"Re(6):2 DAYS UNTIL LEE CHAOLAN BANANA HAMMOCK" , posted Tue 11 Sep 08:12post reply

quote:
The main reason I've never investigated Best Buy's game program is because I'm honestly surprised the place is still in business. Every time I go in there it's like watching water run through a sieve. Since I wanted my game to be as bloated as possible with goodies I pre-ordered from Gamestop. But instead of the usual Gamestop robo-message telling me my game was going to be in tomorrow I just received a call from Anna Williams that doubled as phone sex. I'm not certain what to think about that.

Ohohoho, I'm glad to hear that no expense has been spared in the launch of this game! That's pretty hilarious.

Oh, and in regard to the spoilers:

I half expected Harada to make himself a character in the game, like he sorta did in Soul Calibur V. I suppose it could still come to pass!

End of Spoiler

www.secret-arts.com

GekigangerV
1784th Post

PSN: gekijmo
XBL: gekijmo5

Silver Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(7):2 DAYS UNTIL LEE CHAOLAN BANANA HAMMOCK" , posted Tue 11 Sep 11:22post reply

So I will be picking this up tomorrow and I have almost no idea what to expect gameplay wise. I haven't seriously touched a Tekken since 3 on the PS1 (I am still sad they didn't license Gon again.)

I have wanted to pick up the last couple of Tekkens because of Steve Fox and his Hajime no Ippo inspired move list, but never got around to it. So I think I will put Steve on my team and main him for as long as possible. I am not too sure about my second character. I think I will just save that spot for tier whoring, but put one of the Kings in there just for now to keep things interesting.

If anyone is on XBL and wants to beat a Tekken newb just hit me up.

badoor
279th Post

PSN: BadoorSNK
XBL: BadoorSNK
Wii: PSVITA:BadoorUSA

Copper Customer

"Re(8):2 DAYS UNTIL LEE CHAOLAN BANANA HAMMOCK" , posted Wed 12 Sep 05:30post reply

I picked it up a couple of days ago. I never really was super big into tekken and this one isn't changing that any time soon. It's crazy how many characters there are and how almost each one has one if not multiple "clones" and I like how its unapologetic about it (we even get both Laws here). It remind's me of KOF98UM very much and how that has so many "ura/real projectile" versions of characters based from old games.
Also the fact that the "tag" games come out after 3 mainline sequels and that it celebrates the old games with old stages and music remixes and playable bosses. Yeah, I guess it's pretty obvious it's the "dream match" version of Tekken.
quote:

I have wanted to pick up the last couple of Tekkens because of Steve Fox and his Hajime no Ippo inspired move list, but never got around to it. So I think I will put Steve on my team and main him for as long as possible. I am not too sure about my second character. I think I will just save that spot for tier whoring, but put one of the Kings in there just for now to keep things interesting.

I actually use Steve as my main along with feng wei. The fact that his kicks are mostly relegated to sways & feints means he is sort of easier to learn at least for me. Plus, I never really got the hang of dodging in tekken, especially compared to VF. So doing his sway after the standard dodge proved very useful to me. Though I guess one expense of that is that he barely has any low hitting attacks.

Toxico
5712th Post

"Re(9):2 DAYS UNTIL LEE CHAOLAN BANANA HAMMOCK" , posted Wed 12 Sep 06:00post reply

huh?

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

Last update : Chapter 25 as of 31/08/12

KTallguy
1427th Post

"Re(10):2 DAYS UNTIL LEE CHAOLAN BANANA HAMMOC" , posted Wed 12 Sep 09:21post reply

quote:
huh?

Leo was always a chick, but there was this one interview where they were ambiguous about it, way before. Is that what the "huh?" was about? Or maybe it's because they gave her a huge chest ...

Just a Person
1528th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(10):2 DAYS UNTIL LEE CHAOLAN BANANA HAMMOC" , posted Wed 12 Sep 09:23post reply

quote:
huh?

So Leo is a GIRL???

Well, whatever s/he is, s/he doesn't look very nice in a bikini...

I can be any person in the world... maybe I'm this person right in front of you... maybe I'm not.

Grave
1467th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):2 DAYS UNTIL LEE CHAOLAN BANANA" , posted Wed 12 Sep 11:17:post reply

quote:
So Leo is a GIRL???

Well, whatever s/he is, s/he doesn't look very nice in a bikini...

Be nice to Leo!
Though, I don't think I can recreate my favorite Leo custom from T6 here. The hair options are all wrong...

But yes, this was confirmed sometime last year!

edit: Oh, and the game! Well, the game is really good. I would say more but I'm going to play it some more now.

[this message was edited by Grave on Wed 12 Sep 11:18]

GekigangerV
1786th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):2 DAYS UNTIL LEE CHAOLAN BANANA" , posted Wed 12 Sep 12:02post reply

So after a couple of hours I think I have started to get the hang out Tekken again. The thing about 3D fighters is that you really have to be familiar with the character's options and now what can be punished and when a combo ends.

I just went through Steve and Armor Kings move list then did Arcade mode for Tag and Single and finished up with the Fight lab. I should have done Fight lab first since it told me everything I needed to know about the tag system. Now I have to go through the move list again and see what moves would bound, are tag-able and what knock back.

Haven't tried online yet. I will probably do so this weekend once I figure out some tag combos and can get the dexterity down for some of those 10-hit strings.

I am not one to notice this type of stuff usually, but this game was throwing achievements at me left and right. I just checked before I turned off the system, but I have about half of them for just a couple hours of play. I was really confused when I was just doing stuff during practice and I was getting a bunch of notices.

Toxico
5714th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):2 DAYS UNTIL LEE CHAOLAN BANANA" , posted Wed 12 Sep 12:14:post reply

quote:

But yes, this was confirmed sometime last year!

Actually that "announcement" was officially "denied" by Harada several times. The "huh" part is that they have been stubbornly going "gray area" when it comes to Leo to the point it's like they are making fun with us, well; in the end after sticking to the "may or may not" for so long, suddenly showing up such a revealing bikini is totally out of character for both the character and the staff directing the game.

I was expecting a diving suit were you can't even see the toes.

edit :

quote:
So I still don't have the game. Is P. Jack available to play as from the start?

He is (And I, for sure, will be adopting him into the family); Alex, P Jack, Tiger and Forest Law are ready for the get go. The rest is time release free DLC.

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

[this message was edited by Toxico on Wed 12 Sep 12:27]

karasu99
986th Post

"Re(4):Re(10):LEO GENDER ZERO HOUR" , posted Wed 12 Sep 12:20post reply

quote:

Actually that "announcement" was officially "denied" by Harada several times. The "huh" part is that they have been stubbornly going "gray area" when it comes to Leo to the point it's like they are making fun with us, well; in the end after sticking to the "may or may not" for so long, suddenly showing up such a revealing bikini is totally out of character for both the character and the staff directing the game.

I was expecting a diver suit were you can't even see the toes.

I was expecting pretty much the same thing, oddly enough! Shame on NamDai for making it so explicit! Not knowing 100% for sure was half the fun.

Still, I love that they've had such a sense of humor with the bikini business. But! I really don't want to see Yoshimitsu's beachwear.

So I still don't have the game. Is P. Jack available to play as from the start?

www.secret-arts.com

KTallguy
1428th Post

"Re(5):Re(10):LEO GENDER ZERO HOUR" , posted Thu 13 Sep 01:19post reply

quote:
Still, I love that they've had such a sense of humor with the bikini business. But! I really don't want to see Yoshimitsu's beachwear.

Speak for yourself!

Toxico
5714th Post

"The might of science" , posted Thu 13 Sep 01:33post reply

So, Harada previewed 4 of the remaining guys in some sort of show, So, info can be found about them in motion

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

Just a Person
1529th Post

"Re(4):Re(10):2 DAYS UNTIL LEE CHAOLAN BANANA" , posted Thu 13 Sep 01:46post reply

quote:

He is (And I, for sure, will be adopting him into the family); Alex, P Jack, Tiger and Forest Law are ready for the get go. The rest is time release free DLC.

So I guess the only one missing now is Roger Sr. (but probably no one will miss him, since there's already the Roger Jr./Ms. Roger duo... still, it could be funny to see husband and wife/son fighting).

I can be any person in the world... maybe I'm this person right in front of you... maybe I'm not.

Ishmael
4447th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):2 DAYS UNTIL LEE CHAOLAN BANANA" , posted Thu 13 Sep 01:57post reply

quote:

Though, I don't think I can recreate my favorite Leo custom from T6 here. The hair options are all wrong...

The customization options in Tekken have always been about making more out of less but the homogeneous hair and clothing in TTT2 feels like a step back. Perhaps I will be able unlock more unique items later but as of right now I feel I could dress the entire cast in the same outfit. At least there's a color editor now instead of having twenty pairs of identical but slightly different colored pants.

As for the game itself, I'm not good at it but I really like it. Too often tagging can either feel like a slapped on game mechanic or become so important it overwhelms every other aspect of the game. In TTT2, however, it feels like they managed to strike a good balance. The tagging feels fun and adds depth to the game without killing off all the other game mechanics.

Perhaps it's buried in the avalanche of menu options but it seems the bowling mini game didn't make it into the sequel. I want to take Lili and Asuka bowling but I guess we can't have everything.

quote:
So, Harada previewed 4 of the remaining guys in some sort of show, So, info can be found about them in motion

I need Dr.B in my game right now!

Pollyanna
3281th Post

"Re(4):Re(10):2 DAYS UNTIL LEE CHAOLAN BANANA" , posted Thu 13 Sep 09:09:post reply

QUESTION!
I'm a first time Julia/Michelle user. Is there a preferred method for her d,df motion? I mean, like, you would do f,b,d,u for a 360. I can the d, df fairly well with the "normal method", but it's hard to rattle off two in a row in combos.

Also, if anyone else happens to be a Michelle user (I'm just trying her for now), I'm having trouble hitting the ff1 after her (launch) df2,3,1. I get it about 1 time out of four. Is there a delay in there somewhere?

quote:

I am not one to notice this type of stuff usually, but this game was throwing achievements at me left and right. I just checked before I turned off the system, but I have about half of them for just a couple hours of play. I was really confused when I was just doing stuff during practice and I was getting a bunch of notices.

Yeah, they need to double or quadruple the requirements for some of those. The exact opposite of SFxT which has so many that are just hopelessly overblown.

quote:
The customization options in Tekken have always been about making more out of less but the homogeneous hair and clothing in TTT2 feels like a step back. Perhaps I will be able unlock more unique items later but as of right now I feel I could dress the entire cast in the same outfit. At least there's a color editor now instead of having twenty pairs of identical but slightly different colored pants.

The game gives me enough of everything else that I don't want to complain, but usually customizing characters is a much bigger draw for me. I wonder if they went for a "simplified" method because of the size of the cast. I'm still missing a lot of good 2P/3P costumes that I can't figure out why they excluded (unless I'm missing something).

EDIT: I'm missing something. Maybe it's too early to say, since I didn't know you could unlock items (and endings!?) in ghost mode.

quote:
As for the game itself, I'm not good at it but I really like it.

Same here. I forgot EVERYTHING. But my fingers somehow remembered Asuka's f2, uf3, 2,1,2,1 1+2, f2 even though I had no idea what I was pressing until after I sat down and thought about it.

Also
Harada is in the game. Along with...

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

[this message was edited by Pollyanna on Thu 13 Sep 10:16]

Burning Ranger
1717th Post

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"So I got it too..." , posted Thu 13 Sep 11:10:post reply

I have fond memories of spending hours on the original TTT in college over a decade ago (where I sucked at the game). That and the brief session with the arcade version of TTT2 at Arcade UFO a few months ago was enough to get me to buy the PS2. All I can say is, "Yep, it's Tekken." And yes, I still suck, but I'm slowly learning. I really want to figure out and see some of the zany team attacks and win poses. Also, it makes me want to go back to SFxTekken...

But there is one big fail. For some reason, I can't use my custom arcade stick with the game (using a PS2 connection with a USB adaptor)--for some reason, I can't put the stick in Analog mode, meaning the joystick is useless while the buttons work fine. Maybe this means I need to buy a legit controller... maybe an HRAP?

Also... Oh Dragonov...

So much to do so little time...

[this message was edited by Burning Ranger on Thu 13 Sep 11:15]

Pollyanna
3281th Post

"Re(1):So I got it too..." , posted Thu 13 Sep 12:23post reply

quote:

But there is one big fail. For some reason, I can't use my custom arcade stick with the game (using a PS2 connection with a USB adaptor)--for some reason, I can't put the stick in Analog mode, meaning the joystick is useless while the buttons work fine. Maybe this means I need to buy a legit controller... maybe an HRAP?

I'm sorry to hear that, especially when you went to the trouble of customizing a stick.

I recommend the Qanba 3 in 1 for people who want a 360/PS3 controller (it's the only non-customized one). The parts are similar to the last generation of Madkatz sticks, which are quite good. I haven't played with the newest HRAPs, but I do have the fairly recent Hori Soul Calibur V stick. Although I'm not a big SC fan and it's unfortunately very difficult to change the artwork, it's the best stick I've played with.

You can't really go wrong with any of the recent high-quality sticks, so you might want to go with whatever you can find for a good price.

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

karasu99
987th Post

"Re(5):Re(10):2 DAYS UNTIL LEE CHAOLAN BANANA" , posted Thu 13 Sep 12:44post reply

quote:
Also
Harada is in the game. Along with...

Wha? Really? Huh?

Ugh, my copy won't arrive till Friday evening, by which time you all will be experts. Bleh!

www.secret-arts.com

Grave
1467th Post

"Re(2):So I got it too..." , posted Thu 13 Sep 14:31post reply

quote:
I recommend the Qanba 3 in 1 for people who want a 360/PS3 controller (it's the only non-customized one). The parts are similar to the last generation of Madkatz sticks, which are quite good. I haven't played with the newest HRAPs, but I do have the fairly recent Hori Soul Calibur V stick. Although I'm not a big SC fan and it's unfortunately very difficult to change the artwork, it's the best stick I've played with.

The best is yet to come! The Mad Catz TTT2 stick is going to combine the best aspects of the TE-S line and their Soul Calibur stick. Noir layout instead of Vewlix, perfect TE-S size, TE-style bezel instead of the hideous SC one and it'll actually have buttons mapped properly out of the box. I had to rewire 3 buttons for my SC stick to be "properly" laid out. While I'd like an Eightarc, I've been insanely happy with my MC sticks... and I kinda want another for my 360. So I might just do that.

Gojira
2873th Post

"Re(5):Re(10):2 DAYS UNTIL LEE CHAOLAN BANANA" , posted Thu 13 Sep 17:08post reply

I've been playing a lot, took me all day to unlock Jaycee's pinning move. I would usually want to try and unlock everyone's character-specific item move, but now it's looking like a ridiculously dedicated journey so I'm not so sure I will. I was up to 15 dan before the damn championship belt randomly (?) dropped into her inventory.

Other features are all right. Endings are about what you'd expect from a roster this size (though the overuse of filters is rather annoying). Fight Lab is okay, not quite what I expected but as a gold-farming minigame it'll do. Haven't even tried the Tekken Tunes or Online yet. This whole World Tekken Federation thing makes me hesitate to start, it's like I'm entering a big deal just to find some people to play against.

quote:
QUESTION!
I'm a first time Julia/Michelle user. Is there a preferred method for her d,df motion? I mean, like, you would do f,b,d,u for a 360. I can the d, df fairly well with the "normal method", but it's hard to rattle off two in a row in combos.

Yeah that motion can be difficult to get the hang of, and a lot of characters have it so learning it has become kind of a Tekken fundamental. The easiest way I know of to do it is to start from b, do a hcf but stop at df, and press the button right when you stop. It's pretty easy to do consistently once you get the hang of it. Well maybe not "easy" easy, but easier than you might think.

Toxico
5718th Post

"Re(6):Re(10):2 DAYS UNTIL LEE CHAOLAN BANANA" , posted Fri 14 Sep 05:40:post reply

Mama Mia

edit :

Expect it to be taken down any time : Ending Spoilers.

Sebastian's ending makes me want to use him all the more

End of Spoiler

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

[this message was edited by Toxico on Fri 14 Sep 06:21]

Just a Person
1531th Post

"Re(7):Re(10):2 DAYS UNTIL LEE CHAOLAN BANANA" , posted Fri 14 Sep 05:54post reply

quote:
Mama Mia

Tekken fighters cosplaying Nintendo characters?? I want this game on Wii U right now!!!

(and I hope the Wii U version gets Michelle without the need to download her)

karasu99
990th Post

"Re(7):Re(10):5 MONTHS UNTIL TACKINESS" , posted Fri 14 Sep 05:55post reply

quote:
Mama Mia

At some point didn't we discuss the goal of making a character look as ridiculous as possible for online play? MISSION COMPLETE.

www.secret-arts.com

Pollyanna
3283th Post

"Re(6):Re(10):2 DAYS UNTIL LEE CHAOLAN BANANA" , posted Fri 14 Sep 08:26post reply

I am crazy for Ghost Mode. I can do that all day! Maybe I'll play arcade if I'm missing a certain ending I want, but that's it. I was a fool to waste my time with it before.

No luck getting any Junny characters pics though! Boo!

quote:
Also
Ugh, my copy won't arrive till Friday evening, by which time you all will be experts. Bleh!

Don't worry. As soon as I start to learn a character, I abandon them for a new one until I eventually abandon the game entirely.

quote:
Yeah that motion can be difficult to get the hang of, and a lot of characters have it so learning it has become kind of a Tekken fundamental. The easiest way I know of to do it is to start from b, do a hcf but stop at df, and press the button right when you stop. It's pretty easy to do consistently once you get the hang of it. Well maybe not "easy" easy, but easier than you might think.

Thank you! This is good advice. I still can't do it in combos very well (I can get one, but not two), but that's more the fault of the 1~3, 1 than the motion itself.

Somehow, I avoided the necessity of learning this motion before.

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

Grave
1468th Post

"Re(7):Re(10):2 DAYS UNTIL LEE CHAOLAN BANANA" , posted Fri 14 Sep 09:10post reply

quote:
I am crazy for Ghost Mode. I can do that all day! Maybe I'll play arcade if I'm missing a certain ending I want, but that's it. I was a fool to waste my time with it before.

Ha! I was just talking about this on twitter last night. Arcade mode seemed fine at first, but after I got my ranks up a little it seems like Jun will now just murder me for fun. And ghost mode... I wish every fighting game had it! Just fight! And fight! Fight some more! No bosses! No cutscenes! No talking! Fight fight fight, fight forever!

This is why Tekken will likely always be my favorite fighter for solo play.

Toxico
5719th Post

"Re(8):Re(10):2 DAYS UNTIL LEE CHAOLAN BANANA" , posted Sat 15 Sep 16:14:post reply

So, I'm commning back home from my first "fullnighter" session at the game over a friend's house.... Due to overworking and lack of sleep, I can tell that my whole body hurts and I haven't feel so bad in for about 10 years (time upon which I used to travel like 40 kms by foot daily), I have a hard time focusing my sight because I feel that I'm half sleep already and I didn't get anything decent to eat or cook while I was away, so I have to do with a prison like diet of plain bread + water.

In short, the game is for about as fun as I thought that it would. Pair play between a bunch of drunk geezers is a blast, specially since all of my friends are skilled, it always creates an atmosphere when we settle a strong player + character team, being called cheap is always fun. Usually matches are pretty intense with the damage increase compared to T6 and the new guys are weird, non functional and weird. We all wanted to end the playing session "early" before 12, but the game kept us all hooked up and we could only stop playing a little before 4 AM, and we could only do so because we agreed to meet again in sunday.

As of now, I'm waiting for the game to install as to check some things in practice mode while drinking some bee(a)r. After that I'll probably temporarily change all of the BGMs for Tetsu no Lullaby and I'll play as the Jacks in all different modes, fretting again that I can't recolor the robot's shoulder to red color. I'll doubt that I sleep any.

edit : I'm stuck with the sudamerican cover (Eddy/King & JC/Christie).

Also, they referenced Landscape under the Ghost (KAMINANO). I'm a very happy monkey right now

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

[this message was edited by Toxico on Sat 15 Sep 17:54]

Grave
1470th Post

"World Tekken Federation is back up!" , posted Mon 17 Sep 10:52post reply

WTF is super cool!

PS3 people! My team is called The Pink Cats. Let's team up to punch people!

karasu99
994th Post

"Re(1):Garou interruption" , posted Tue 18 Sep 00:56:post reply

I don't mean to break everyone's concentration on Tekken at the moment, but I just happened to see the US box art for the first Fatal Fury for what I suspect is the very first time, oddly enough, and wow, it's really strange! They've got Terry down relatively well, and the falling from the building piece, even though it's Terry falling and not Geese (as in the continue screen), but the dude doing the punching doesn't especially map to ANY character in the game. My suspicion is that he's supposed to be Geese, but if so, they got him way, WAY wrong.

Anyway, sorry for the interruption, back to your scheduled Tekken discussion, already in progress.

www.secret-arts.com

[this message was edited by karasu99 on Tue 18 Sep 01:00]

Freeter
4567th Post

"Re(2):Garou interruption" , posted Tue 18 Sep 01:14post reply

quote:
the dude doing the punching doesn't especially map to ANY character in the game. My suspicion is that he's supposed to be Geese, but if so, they got him way, WAY wrong.

It's supposed to be Andy, but it's hard to tell since he's rocking a mullet instead of the overused hair gel look.

Nekros
492th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(3):Garou interruption" , posted Tue 18 Sep 03:40post reply

quote:
the dude doing the punching doesn't especially map to ANY character in the game. My suspicion is that he's supposed to be Geese, but if so, they got him way, WAY wrong.

It's supposed to be Andy, but it's hard to tell since he's rocking a mullet instead of the overused hair gel look.

He's clearly Old Snake beating out Ocelot cosplaying Terry.

nobinobita
1093th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(4):Garou interruption" , posted Tue 18 Sep 06:01post reply

quote:

He's clearly Old Snake beating out Ocelot cosplaying Terry.

I thought it was a still from the classic Swayze vehicle, The Roadhouse.

www.art-eater.com

Gojira
2876th Post

"Re(5):Garou interruption" , posted Tue 18 Sep 06:15post reply

Is it just me, or are they fighting on a ferris wheel?

Ishmael
4451th Post

"Re(1):World Tekken Federation is back up!" , posted Tue 18 Sep 10:12post reply

quote:
WTF is super cool!

PS3 people! My team is called The Pink Cats. Let's team up to punch people!

Yikes, I hope that thing grades on a curve, otherwise I would be dragging down everyone on the team. I should probably play somebody other than my Yoshi/Kuni team when I go on-line.

quote:

To bring this inexplicable FF detour back around to Tekken, I always try to make Paul Phoenix look like a cross between Roadhouse-era Patrick Swayze and Sam Elliott but I can't seem to pull it off in TTT2. A pity.

Toxico
5719th Post

"Re(2):World Tekken Federation is back up!" , posted Wed 19 Sep 10:31post reply

quote:

To bring this inexplicable FF detour back around to Tekken, I always try to make Paul Phoenix look like a cross between Roadhouse-era Patrick Swayze and Sam Elliott but I can't seem to pull it off in TTT2. A pity.

Speaking of customizations, It's a shame that I can no longer go with the good old, trusty bookworm college student who tried to reinvent herself into a popular personality, but after two games I guess it deserved a change (for 5 it was a high schooler, with tag meant to be a recently wed woman), and thus right now I'm going for "Asuka in wonderland and the Excellent Hatter". Also, the shock from being un-able to do a Red Shoulder robot squad is lessened by the ability of playing Tekken 1 P-Jack.

Customization wise, I really, really hope that I'm not the only one grabbing people down and right and taking their pants off.

Now, speaking of actually practical things, this youtube channel has the entire moveset upcoming characters. I'm pretty sure that Dr B's moveset will please many of the people present here.

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

Pollyanna
3291th Post

"Re(3):World Tekken Federation is back up!" , posted Wed 19 Sep 11:25post reply

quote:

"Asuka in wonderland and the Excellent Hatter"

Ahahaha! I've done a bunch of Alice in Wonderland themed teams, too! The top hat makes it easy, but the bunny ears and giant clock make for an instant white rabbit. My white rabbit Asuka is a sentai hero, though.

Before Alice, I had Xiaoyu and Leo as gentlemen in top hats.

I wonder if we'll be seeing a stream of costume DLC like in Soul Calibur V. I would be totally okay with that and it's a good way to monetize DLC without stepping on people's toes.

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

Nekros
497th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(4):World Tekken Federation is back up!" , posted Wed 19 Sep 16:04post reply

quote:

I wonder if we'll be seeing a stream of costume DLC like in Soul Calibur V. I would be totally okay with that and it's a good way to monetize DLC without stepping on people's toes.

Harada said he doesn't want to monetize as much as others do, saiyng that (at least) stages and characters will be given for free.
Btw got the game: my very first Tekken experience. And I don't like it. It's something in the gameplay I don't get, maybe I don't have the basis to play it properly. But when you got kicked by the CPU at lowest difficult sure the problem is the player*. Normally have no problem beating fighting games on harder difficulties (beaten GGXX in maniac losing only 1 round, always played Zero 3, Vampire Savior and DOA at hardest difficult, etc.)

* I'm aware that CPU opponents follow your obi grades, still hard to me get past certain characters (Asuka for example and my god that final boss).

mbisonhatclub
524th Post

PSN: hadoolket

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(5):World Tekken Federation is back up!" , posted Wed 19 Sep 23:00post reply

quote:
* I'm aware that CPU opponents follow your obi grades, still hard to me get past certain characters (Asuka for example and my god that final boss).

I actually had more trouble on her combo-heavy biker form than I did on her oiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiil form. In fact it only took me two tries to beat her the first time (using Michelle) then I moved up to my actual main Kuma where it took only one try. But the problem was actually getting to her because helmet woman would always combo my ass to death.

join the m.bison hat club today
i'm not just the president i'm also a client

Nekros
499th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(6):World Tekken Federation is back up!" , posted Thu 20 Sep 01:23post reply

quote:
I actually had more trouble on her combo-heavy biker form than I did on her oiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiil form. In fact it only took me two tries to beat her the first time (using Michelle) then I moved up to my actual main Kuma where it took only one try. But the problem was actually getting to her because helmet woman would always combo my ass to death.

The only problem with oily form ist that giant hand... biker is a hard too. She uses combos for the most part so just guard and attack after the last hit, or sidestep and punish.

Ishmael
4452th Post

"Re(3):World Tekken Federation is back up!" , posted Thu 20 Sep 02:52post reply

quote:
Now, speaking of actually practical things, this youtube channel has the entire moveset upcoming characters. I'm pretty sure that Dr B's moveset will please many of the people present here.

Thanks for that link. It looks like Dr. B will only be spending a third of the match on the floor which is a huge step up for him over T3. I also like that not only does Sebastian has a good number of Lili's moves, it looks like the attacks have the same names. He's fighting with moves with names such as "Femme Fatale?" Get out there and express yourself Sebastian.

Nekros
501th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(4):World Tekken Federation is back up!" , posted Thu 20 Sep 04:56post reply

quote:
Get out there and express yourself Sebastian.

He reminds me Demitri's butler from the OVA series :P That's a character I want in the next Ds, Ono!

Just a Person
1533th Post

"Re(5):World Tekken Federation is back up!" , posted Thu 20 Sep 06:25post reply

I'm probably very late, but only today I ran into this video showing all TTT2 fighters (well, all the ones currently available) in their swimming suits.

It looks like the Tekken men really like fundoshis (even the Western ones). And to wear shoes with it (although the shoes aren't visible in this video), go figure...

But nothing compares to Ms. Roger and her lovely bikini, or Combot with inflatable floats (let's hope Violet made him waterproof, for his own sake and for the sake of everyone else swimming with him)... priceless!

Toxico
5720th Post

"Re(6):World Tekken Federation is back up!" , posted Thu 20 Sep 08:28post reply

Famitsu has an article on the upcoming characters , we get to see some of their features such as tag throws and stuff like that. There is also a video about the new stages, the magic show stage is completely amazing. The extra content seems to be going to be released in October.

Famitsu also has some short background on the new characters :

Unknown :
Nationality : Unknown , Fighting Style : Unknown.
"All about her is a mystery"
(oh, really?)

Violet :
Nationality : "without" , Fighting Style : Martial arts.
CEO of Violet Industries, he is a pretty big personality in the business world. Characterized for his trademark purple hair and sunglasses, he is also known for being the driving force that pushed Violet Industries to success, rumored to be a strong martial artist as well. As of now he has developed the humanoid robot "Super Combot" using the latest technology.
(Notes : Super Combot is the dark robot that he blows up in fight lab).

Dr Boschosomething
Nationality : "Data Already Erased" , Fighting Style : "All of that I know"
A genius inventor who is the pride of Russia, has experimented on several fields. Ever since his daughter became ill he focused his experiments in further developing cold sleep as to preserve her and other means of expanding one's longevity; he is also involved in things such as cloning or creating robots; he once created the idea of [Jack] for some military experiment. There is no concept of good or evil in his research and ever since his daughter died, he has been obsessed with immortality experiments and resuscitation of the dead.
(Notes : Yes, nationality is listed as "data erased", if we assume that these short stories are profiles taken from a computer, it almost makes sense, sans Russia is named right after.).

Slim Bob :
Nationality : America , Fighting Style : Free Style Karate.
Desiring to leave a big name as a legendary martial artist, his good looks have earned him several fans, to the point that his every match was a full house filled with intense excitement.... Such was the past. As of now, even from the once huge fans fans the name "Bob" earns no response. Just as people kept deserting him, Bob simply had one simple regret "Damn, I don't have enough weight".
(Notes : This seems to be the pre- Tekken 6 Bob story, where the little dwarf realized that he couldn't take on opponents bigger than himself and started a losing streak).

Sebastian :
Nationality : Monaco , Fighting Style : Self taught
Butler from the house of Rochefort, he has a good natured personality similar to the one from the family head. Has served the family from the shadows for years, ever since Lili has shown an interest in street fighting his worries have been endless. Ever since Lili has found a rival in Kazama Asuka, Sebastian has been delighted on how his mistress has made such a wonderful friend.

Miharu Hirano :
Nationality : Japan , Fighting Style : Hakkeshou and other forms of Kung fu that I can't read the name of.
A cheerfully school girl that looks like she doesn't have a care in the world, she attended the Mishima High school together with Ling Xiaoyu, becoming close friends and having the habit of hanging around and going out to places together all the time. She is known as the impulsive type who doesn't think the consequences, she longs for excitement.

(Notes : For her personality, あっけらかんと is used, which can be translated as "looking as though one has nothing at all to do with what is going on")

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

Toxico
5721th Post

"Of police robots and naked wrestlers." , posted Sun 23 Sep 12:30post reply

KYSG has released their -I think- first console combo video. Prepare to see weird things that you aren't meant to understand nor repeat.

"Off topic"

So, after exactly one week owning the game, I realized that the game did indeed have a playtime count timer which actually happened to have for about 65 hours scored (and the lads of the gang couldn't even meet every day and some days only KoF was played. Also I actually did some redesigning in the room for the sake of fitting more people at a time better for the sake of playing).

The thing is that, after such a long time playing offline, I decided to get some drinks check the fabled replay log that automatically saves your replays to a temp folder without you doing anything. I was geared to spending for about a day or more of me sitting around and watching myself feeling people up while drinking some whiskey; but to my surprise I noticed that the replay folder can for about hold like, 50 matches at a time and then the oldest match get deleted once a new one gets inputted. For us 50 matches is for about almost 4 hours or playing, and or meetings are usually between 3 to 10 times that, so we really can't save the matches at well. Also, the replays practically lack any data, so it's hard to differentiate when a single team gets used like 20 times in a row in 2 players (happens pretty often when there is more than one console around).

And so, after I was done with the replays, I decided to go online. To my surprise wft is actually completely ingrained to the game, furthermore you can't interact with it unless you have a PStore compatible account (very different from simply having a PSN account). The thing was, I had no online---
Fortunately Harada didn't lied and if you "unlock" the online for one of the PSN accounts in the machine, all accounts will become capable of online. And so, I went some into ranked here and there trying to see how the game ran, if I am to believe the account info; I had 5 bars with Europe and the US (much better than having 5 bars with Brazil, something like 3 countries away, which was the best that Tekken 6 had for me and only at times); and so, I had under the impression that the online was actually pretty good.

And so while I was thinking something like that, a wild Gojira appeared, followed by a bearded afro Ishmael and thus creating a room was in order. I had a constant 2 bar connection there, but it was still pretty much almost better than anything that XIII has ever offered me. And well, to make long story short (way too late for that) while I am absolutely not crazy about net play and the like, showing your skimpily dressed customization to your friends, having an embarrassing Combot debut by getting beat up and having that "law and order" police Jack team flying over the skies is the closest thing I have had to an arcade experience this generation (that's not counting the time when the arcades actually had a 360 stuffed inside the machine).

And yeah, I still can't interact with WTF.

obscene voodoo dance teleport

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

Ishmael
4456th Post

"Re(1):Of police robots and naked wrestlers." , posted Mon 24 Sep 05:29post reply

So in order to buy bangs it seems you have to buy a hunk of hair, go out of the shop, equip it, and go back into the shop while wearing that piece of hair in order to unlock the rest of the hair selections. Maybe it's just me but that seems really clunky and unintuitive.

quote:
And so while I was thinking something like that, a wild Gojira appeared, followed by a bearded afro Ishmael and thus creating a room was in order. I had a constant 2 bar connection there, but it was still pretty much almost better than anything that XIII has ever offered me. And well, to make long story short (way too late for that) while I am absolutely not crazy about net play and the like, showing your skimpily dressed customization to your friends, having an embarrassing Combot debut by getting beat up and having that "law and order" police Jack team flying over the skies is the closest thing I have had to an arcade experience this generation (that's not counting the time when the arcades actually had a 360 stuffed inside the machine).

And yeah, I still can't interact with WTF.

The WTF service is well named.

I'm glad I bumped into you gentlemen as well. I don't remember the small amount I used to know of Tekken so I wasn't much help in the short time I was there. However, it was worth joining in just to see your Jacks spend most of a match flying around in low orbit.

Pollyanna
3297th Post

"Re(2):Of police robots and naked wrestlers." , posted Mon 24 Sep 12:53post reply

quote:
So in order to buy bangs it seems you have to buy a hunk of hair, go out of the shop, equip it, and go back into the shop while wearing that piece of hair in order to unlock the rest of the hair selections. Maybe it's just me but that seems really clunky and unintuitive.

THANK YOU. I kept seeing the CPU with bangs, so I knew they were there...they just seemed unreasonably difficult to unlock. I can figure out Tekken, but I can't figure out bangs!

Actually, that's a joke. I'm amazing at playing the computer, but I have NO CLUE what to do against a human. I can do combos, but that doesn't mean I can play the game.

And now DOA5 is breathing down my neck like the creep it is...

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

Toxico
5724th Post

"Re(2):Of police robots and naked wrestlers." , posted Tue 25 Sep 02:20:post reply

quote:

Well, let's hope that the upcoming October 9 patch makes the customization feature more user friendly.
My worst issue with it is that if you press cancel and you want to go back to what you were doing; you have to exit the customization and enter it again. And if you didn't saved on a hurry, then you have to start all over again.

edit : supposedly Characters are going to be updated a few at a time, rather than releasing a single package with the whole lot. Also, many suspect that the upcoming batch is not going to be the pre-order lot (since one month exclusibility is lame), but rather the post game release ~ newly announced batch.

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

[this message was edited by Toxico on Tue 25 Sep 04:52]

karasu99
1001th Post

"Re(3):Of police robots and naked wrestlers." , posted Tue 25 Sep 02:45post reply

quote:

Well, let's hope that the upcoming October 9 patch makes the customization feature more user friendly.
My worst issue with it is that if you press cancel and then you want to go back to what you were doing, you have to exit the customization and enter it again, and if you didn't saved on a hurry, then you have to start all over again.

Good old Harada! I love reading his Twitter since he's SO UNBELIEVABLY MEAN to people on it! I completely understand the anguish involved in making something great and giving people something like a dozen characters they asked for, only to get a busload of requests for characters to be added to Tekken 7, but wow. SO MEAN! It's hilarious!

I'm gradually working my way up to challenging some non-computers to matches but my game with my best two characters, Kuni and Dragunov, is still pretty pitiful. Maybe I'll challenge some of the fine Cafe denizens online this week if I feel brave enough.

www.secret-arts.com

Gojira
2877th Post

"Re(4):Of police robots and naked wrestlers." , posted Tue 25 Sep 03:34post reply

I believe the next patch is actually not going to be new items but will unlock that "star" section that nobody seems to understand. Supposedly it is custom decals and such for existing outfits so I guess if you don't like that Miguel has a picture of his sister on all his jackets you can change her to Bob.

quote:

And so while I was thinking something like that, a wild Gojira appeared, followed by a bearded afro Ishmael

Quite an experience, seeing your collection of wrestling singlets and flying robots. Sorry for using generics for a while but I don't use my customs a lot online. Since it takes 5 seconds out of the selection timer just to load those choices. Nakey Zafina is something I only plan to break out on special occasions.

Also, I had thought that TTT2 was using modified SC5 netcode but even at 2 bars SC5 didn't have the level of input delay that our matches did. Could have been worse, though.

Toxico
5724th Post

"Re(5):Of police robots and naked wrestlers." , posted Tue 25 Sep 05:15post reply

quote:
Quite an experience, seeing your collection of wrestling singlets and flying robots. Sorry for using generics for a while but I don't use my customs a lot online. Since it takes 5 seconds out of the selection timer just to load those choices. Nakey Zafina is something I only plan to break out on special occasions.

Five seconds is a cheap price for the sake of being pretty (it's actually 5 x2, but oh well). Furthermore in a room session you have still to wait for the opponent to be done with it's own loading, thus there is no point in rushing it. Then again, I suppose that the whole point of subscribing teams to the triangle button here is saving load time.

quote:

Also, I had thought that TTT2 was using modified SC5 netcode but even at 2 bars SC5 didn't have the level of input delay that our matches did. Could have been worse, though.

Did you played some more matches in SC5 with people at the other side of the globe? Or at least with people that are in a different season than you? You might want to get an atlas and check the distance between 5ta region Chile and where you are standing (and lets not mention the fact that my inet is completely not geared to gaming). I do know that a connection of 5 bars with the US is not as good as 5 bars with the next town.

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

Gojira
2878th Post

"Re(6):Of police robots and naked wrestlers." , posted Tue 25 Sep 06:15post reply

quote:

Did you played some more matches in SC5 with people at the other side of the globe? Or at least with people that are in a different season than you? You might want to get an atlas and check the distance between 5ta region Chile and where you are standing (and lets not mention the fact that my inet is completely not geared to gaming). I do know that a connection of 5 bars with the US is not as good as 5 bars with the next town.

Ah, I thought you were further north than that. Yes that would do it.

Although I have had some lag-free experiences with European players in SC5, and this was when I only had a measly DSL modem. Maybe they have superior internets. Maybe they were lying about their locations. Maybe there's a lag beast living on the equator that eats happiness.

Toxico
5727th Post

"Weekly sales...." , posted Thu 4 Oct 08:03:post reply

BTW, I checked media create and the game is n°6 on sales with some very impoverished numbers. I wonder if week 1 sales (which would be like the 5 first day of the game) blow away those numbers.

edit : M☆G☆M+etc... has the numbers. 63k units, huh? That's like 2 or 3 times what KoF XIII sold and half of what Persona Arena did? Tekken 6 sold for about 10k units on it's first week.

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

[this message was edited by Toxico on Thu 4 Oct 08:08]

Iggy
9392th Post

"Re(1):Weekly sales...." , posted Thu 4 Oct 08:38post reply

Who would have thought that one day DoA would outsell Tekken on their first week? And it's not like TTT2 has glaring flaws, it even seems to be one of the best entries of the series... We're living sad times. Especially with Harada keeping his DLC free because he thought he would get sales from it... The only hope would be that TTT2 sells in the long run (as we can imagine DoA to have found most of its public during its first week).
I wonder how many dozens of thousands people will be willing to pay to get even more sexually explicit outfits for the DoA girls, on the other hand.

Toxico
5727th Post

"Re(2):Weekly sales...." , posted Thu 4 Oct 08:53post reply

quote:
... We're living sad times.

I wonder how many dozens of thousands people will be willing to pay to get even more sexually explicit outfits for the DoA girls, on the other hand.

Tecmo was never known for originality, or something.

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

Ishmael
4464th Post

"Re(3):Weekly sales...." , posted Thu 4 Oct 09:04post reply

How did Tekken 6 sell in the same timeframe? What do Japanese players think of TTT2? Too many characters? Too many T's in the title?

Toxico
5729th Post

"Re(3):Weekly sales...." , posted Thu 4 Oct 09:26:post reply

quote:
How did Tekken 6 sell in the same timeframe? What do Japanese players think of TTT2? Too many characters? Too many T's in the title?

quote:
Tekken 6 sold for about 10k units on it's first week.

That's for Japan, dunno about worldwide but I was always under the impression that Tekken 6 needed like a 40% price drop to take off on sales (the price drop which came, like, in the second month or something, thanks to the used copies market).

About player reception, I have absolutely no clue. I know that some top players liked Kunimitsu and the like, but you usually can't have people taking seriously a game that isn't in the arcade (I'm actually holding out for an arcade update).

The arcade version is still going kinda strong.

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

[this message was edited by Toxico on Thu 4 Oct 09:27]

Loona
634th Post

PSN: IkariLoona

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(3):Weekly sales...." , posted Thu 4 Oct 19:20post reply

quote:
... We're living sad times.

Considering the devs aparently intended to tone down that particular kind of fanservice in the series but still had to take into account the people who wanted it, making them pay for it in money (collector's edition and future DLC) and effort (there are 2 or 3 unlockable bikinis in the game, but they require beating challenges at in the game's highest difficulty setting, namely Lisa's, which requires the highest level survival mode involving 100 battles) seems like a decent compromise.
It's funny that you can put glasses on all the girls for free though.

Then again, with comments in a few places about DoA actually being more popular with women than most fighting games, I can't help but wonder if there are just more people buying them due to that other half of the population we don't see that often in the fighting game scene.

quote:

Tecmo was never known for originality, or something.

Hey, I like all of those callbacks to earlier DoA suits - Tina's from back then were certainly classier than the stuff they've had her wear since, beret Bayman is the best Bayman, and teletubby Zack is just enforced tradition, better late than never.

It's funny that in this too Mila's getting hand-me-downs: apparetnly her CE bikini was from Kasumi in some earlier game, and now she gets one of Tina's wrestling outfits - she's truly carrying the torch for the more serious depiction that character used to have.

On the topic of TTT2 though, I've heard even True Ogre got a swimsuit, but all I found so far was this pic - is that a swimsuit hanging from his horns?...

"Beat the machine that works in your head!" - Guano Apes "Open Your Eyes"

Toxico
5731th Post

"Re(4):Weekly sales...." , posted Tue 9 Oct 10:54:post reply

So, apparently the first update is going to include only Miharu , Sebastian and Shaggy Bob source (spoiler).

I wonder when it's going to be available for download, I doubt that it's from 12am and on.

Chili, my feelings are hurt (not really).

edit : Update is up and everything is there. The game is pretty stubborn to get you everything. Basically you have to update the game to the new patch, exit the game and then re-start the game while you are logged to the psn (I didn't get this one right), there are a notices telling you what you got (chars, stages, customize menus and features).

Loading for customizations are like a single second now, I better pump up some more as if I happen to meet Gojira again

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

[this message was edited by Toxico on Tue 9 Oct 12:37]

Gojira
2881th Post

"Re(5):Weekly sales...." , posted Tue 9 Oct 14:14post reply

You don't have to restart (lol @ people panicking "OMG I DIDN'T GET CHARACTERS IS THERE SOMETHING WRONG"), all I did was enter practice mode, do a few dozen wall combos and exit, and stuff unlocked. I think each thing unlocks individually after a few minutes of playtime, starting with decals, then characters, stages, and ending movies.

Ishmael
4468th Post

"Re(6):Weekly sales...." , posted Thu 11 Oct 02:38post reply

A couple of quick thoughts about the latest TTT2 additions:

1. Sebastian is a limber dude for a man of his age, or a person of any age for that matter.

2. The number of selectable decals is absurd and is certain to lead to hours of fun/wasted time. I won't rest until the entire cast is covered in pictures of Galaga bugs.

chazumaru
932th Post

"Re(7):Weekly sales...." , posted Mon 15 Oct 18:11post reply

Looking at the apparent failure of TTT2's consuemr version, why don't they adopt a business model similar to League of Legends?

i.e. The game can be downloaded on your PS3/360/WiiU/PC for free, but only 6 characters from the whole roster can be selected and which characters are available changes every week. Then if you want to unlock a character, you pay. And if you want extra costumes or decorations, you pay.

Would this be a bad idea? Should they offer less or more than 6 characters each week?

78… 78… 絵札はさすらい ♪ 78… 78… 秩序は廻る ♪ 78… 78… 絵札はさすらい ♪ 78… 78… 未来を示す

Pollyanna
3319th Post

"Re(8):Weekly sales...." , posted Mon 15 Oct 18:49:post reply

quote:
Looking at the apparent failure of TTT2's consuemr version, why don't they adopt a business model similar to League of Legends?

i.e. The game can be downloaded on your PS3/360/WiiU/PC for free, but only 6 characters from the whole roster can be selected and which characters are available changes every week. Then if you want to unlock a character, you pay. And if you want extra costumes or decorations, you pay.

Would this be a bad idea? Should they offer less or more than 6 characters each week?

I would love to see this sort of thing happen to fighters maybe a year after their release to give them a "second chance" and breathe life into the community. I don't know how feasible it is or isn't, though, in terms of Sony and Microsoft's fees for putting files up in their stores.

LoL has a huge advantage in that everyone has a computer, the system requirements are low and the download is relatively small. Also, the game is generally easier to play than a fighter. The download size for Tekken would be prohibitively massive in terms of both DL convenience and HD space.

I'm interested to see the Vita take a free-to-play approach with some of its games. I think we might move into that faster on consoles if the Vita was more popular in general right now.

EDIT: For the record, I'm not personally fond of "free to play" unless the alternative is "monthly fee" which is AWFUL. However, as a trend, I like it, because it might bring more people into a game and more money to companies I like.

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

[this message was edited by Pollyanna on Mon 15 Oct 18:53]

Ishmael
4472th Post

"Re(9):Weekly sales...." , posted Tue 16 Oct 00:47post reply

One alternative is that the game is free but the credits necessary for playing the game have to be purchased. Want to go to training mode? That will be seven minutes per credit. Lose to someone and want a re-match? Hope you have a credit on hand. Those who thought that game companies are currently nickel and diming customers to death ain't seen nothing yet. This business model will bring the "true arcade experience" home for those who never learned that you should be careful what you wish for.

chazumaru
935th Post

"Re(10):Weekly sales...." , posted Tue 16 Oct 00:56post reply

Ishmael, I am pretty sure this has actually been considered by some companies.

karasu99
1009th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):Weekly sales...." , posted Tue 16 Oct 01:15post reply

quote:
Ishmael, I am pretty sure this has actually been considered by some companies.

This has without question been used by mobile and casual developers-- one example is (oddly enough!) Capcom with their iOS arcade app. It may have subsequently changed, but it followed this model almost exactly when it was first released: app downloaders (I hesitate to call them 'owners' given the specifics here) got a certain number of credits to play in the arcade per day, but could buy tokens for additional play. The price for tokens was surprising high given the age of the available games, and they were predictably lambasted it.

Personally I think a move to that kind of model for a console fighting game would almost certainly drive me away from buying new games, but honestly I wouldn't be shocked to see something like it creep into console games before long given its apparent success in the mobile marketplace. I understand that for some fraction of game players a free to play with in-app purchasing model would allow people who can't afford $60 up front for a TTT2 to play the game and spread that cost out over time, but I would hope that if it does happen there's still an option to unlock everything up front.

www.secret-arts.com

chazumaru
936th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):Weekly sales...." , posted Tue 16 Oct 02:38post reply

I think the pay-per-character model put in place by LoL has far more merits as well as far less shortcomings for both the publishers and their consumers; especially when associated to a DLC scheme for customization. I doubt Capcom or Namco would go for a credit system nowadays.

Spoon
2366th Post

"Re(4):Re(10):Weekly sales...." , posted Tue 16 Oct 08:03post reply

I started typing and forgot to stop!

The flip side of this seems to be DOTA2: Valve and Icefrog (the head designer of dota for the past several few years) have repeatedly stated that they will not restrict character access by any pay-gates, and that they do so to preserve the competitive integrity of the game. Monetization comes through a bunch of other means: tournament tickets, cosmetic items, voice/sound packs, etc. I know that part of the reason for this is that the roster of dota is very large (literally over 100) and well-established, and limiting access to the characters would result in outrage; the whole "free to play" aspect would seem like a sham. Of course, the fact that popular game modes involve a draft on the character roster also means that limited character accessibility flatout messes up those game modes, which can't be said of 1v1 fighting games.

I think if they did this for an established fighting game IP, like, say, Tekken, they'd have to ensure that buying the full regular cast wouldn't be an astronomical amount more than the game usually costs at retail. TTT2 has 59 characters, and if you got, say, 9 characters for free and the rest cost $2 each, the game would cost $100 to unlock the whole cast! I think most fans would be quite upset about that, even though spending $2 on a character is nothing by old arcade standards.

There is some debate about the negative effect the LoL hero monetization model has on the competitive balance of the game, as well. Game design stuff aside, the cynical aspect of it is that most heroes are balanced on the strong side when they are new, such that early hero adopters have a brief period of good times before the hero is buyable with earned currency and is nerfed down to more reasonable levels.

Fighting game characters in games like TTT2 and SF4 also require quite a bit more work to make than those in LoL. The typical LoL character has between 6 and 10 "moves", not all of which come with character animation, to say nothing of hit reactions (there's like 2) and other such stative animations. On top of that, not-so-well-balanced characters are a problem, but are somewhat mitigated by the team aspect of the game. It'd be really hard to crank out characters of the caliber of modern AAA fighting games every 2 weeks, and poorly balanced ones have a much more negative effect on the gameplay experience. The net result is that I'd imagine they'd have to have a big amount of roster built up already, and though SRK isn't exactly the most representative sample, having content that is all well and done but is locked behind a pay-gate garners negative sentiment.

There's also what some people would say about competitive integrity (as opposed to just the balance) of the game, arguments of which vary in their validity. I need to stop.

Loona
642th Post

"Re(5):Re(10):Weekly sales...." , posted Tue 16 Oct 09:53post reply

quote:

The flip side of this seems to be DOTA2: Valve and Icefrog (the head designer of dota for the past several few years) have repeatedly stated that they will not restrict character access by any pay-gates, and that they do so to preserve the competitive integrity of the game. Monetization comes through a bunch of other means: tournament tickets, cosmetic items, voice/sound packs, etc. I know that part of the reason for this is that the roster of dota is very large (literally over 100) and well-established, and limiting access to the characters would result in outrage; the whole "free to play" aspect would seem like a sham. Of course, the fact that popular game modes involve a draft on the character roster also means that limited character accessibility flatout messes up those game modes, which can't be said of 1v1 fighting games.

I think if they did this for an established fighting game IP, like, say, Tekken, they'd have to ensure that buying the full regular cast wouldn't be an astronomical amount more than the game usually costs at retail. TTT2 has 59 characters, and if you got, say, 9 characters for free and the rest cost $2 each, the game would cost $100 to unlock the whole cast! I think most fans would be quite upset about that, even though spending $2 on a character is nothing by old arcade standards.

I wonder how well a LoLish model would work on a F2P KoF based on the 96-XI sprites spanning the whole cast, letting you buy a team of 3 at a time and randomizing free accessibility every week... It wouldn't be possible to pay for skins, but stages might be an option... I mean, there's a lot of history about about 90 characters that are almost ready...
Then again, the network issues would have the be flawlessly perfect first...

chazumaru
938th Post

"Re(5):Re(10):Weekly sales...." , posted Tue 16 Oct 17:27post reply

Very interesting, Spoon! Thanks.

I do not play these "MOBA" games so I had no idea about the validity of my comparison. It seems pay-per-chara would not work as a unique business model, indeed. However maybe it could be an alternative: payer-per-character or unlock all of them at once for 60($/€/00¥). It would be a good plan B after the game has already been released for a while.

Toxico
5733th Post

"Re(6):Re(10):Weekly sales...." , posted Sat 3 Nov 08:19post reply

We were joking around for a while, but for those that actually got curious about it, a report states that TTT2 is close to the million mark. Supposedly those numbers are missing the US figure but I haven't dug around for info that much.

Rumors also state that we are supposedly 10 days away from more characters.

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

chazumaru
958th Post

"Re(7):Re(10):Weekly sales...." , posted Sat 3 Nov 19:50post reply

I don't get the "no US numbers" thing. TTT2 was a worldwide release so it makes no sense, unless there was a secret distribution agreement with someone else for the US version. I honestly wonder if it isn't a trick to update next quarter's number while hiding that the initial shipment in Europe and Japan is still not fulfilled.

Given the retail sales we know about in the EU and Japan, there must be a lot of copies on shelves right now. It's not a direct issue for NBGI, right now but it might damage their chances for a new shipment and the next entry in the series. That being said, I remember SC5 also had disappointing shipped/sales ratio and it still progressed further this quarter so maybe Namco is simply really good at getting low but constant sales for their fighting games (or maybe they already performed the US trick back then).

Naruto going over the million once again makes CC2 one of the major fighting game developers in the history of consumer games... Heh.

Given the sorry state of SFxT and the decline of fighting games in general, maybe Harada should just release TxSF as a card game on 3DS or mobile.

Pollyanna
3332th Post

"Re(8):Re(10):Weekly sales...." , posted Sun 4 Nov 08:05post reply

quote:

Given the sorry state of SFxT and the decline of fighting games in general, maybe Harada should just release TxSF as a card game on 3DS or mobile.

What do you mean by "decline"? In terms of sales? Content? I feel like companies overestimated the "comeback" of fighting games by shooting for massive sales numbers, but I don't know if anything really "declined."

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

Zepy
1605th Post

"Re(8):Re(10):Weekly sales...." , posted Sun 4 Nov 11:09post reply

quote:
Given the retail sales we know about in the EU and Japan, there must be a lot of copies on shelves right now. It's not a direct issue for NBGI, right now but it might damage their chances for a new shipment and the next entry in the series. That being said, I remember SC5 also had disappointing shipped/sales ratio and it still progressed further this quarter so maybe Namco is simply really good at getting low but constant sales for their fighting games (or maybe they already performed the US trick back then).

TTT2 definitely would post higher shipment numbers because initial orders for TTT2 are definitely higher than SC5 because everybody expects it to perform better. The actual sales numbers aren't very healthy though, I wouldn't expect the numbers to go up much more unless bandai namco tries to do some crazy magic when nobody's looking.

I kept my initial order below expectations and it still doesn't look like I'll finish this before January next year

Also SC5 started pushing numbers again in the past months because bandai namco did a 70% price cut on the game.

chazumaru
959th Post

"Re(9):Re(10):Weekly sales...." , posted Mon 5 Nov 00:45post reply

quote:

What do you mean by "decline"? In terms of sales? Content? I feel like companies overestimated the "comeback" of fighting games by shooting for massive sales numbers, but I don't know if anything really "declined."

Sales. It was not a comment on quality or content.

Off topic but, since this is the Toxico-trap topic, man that Groove on Fight video was tough to watch, literally! I forgot how Cinch recording looked like. The Garospe video was a nice hour spent on a rainy Sunday.

Toxico
5736th Post

"Re(10):Re(10):Weekly sales...." , posted Mon 12 Nov 06:53post reply

So, apparently we are less than a week from the next batch of characters. Might you be able to enjoy them in your digital download version of the game?

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

Ishmael
4490th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):Re(10):Weekly sales...." , posted Mon 12 Nov 22:59post reply

quote:
So, apparently we are less than a week from the next batch of characters. Might you be able to enjoy them in your digital download version of the game?

I'm looking forward to not having any idea what I'm doing with Dr.Boskonovitch.

Are there any other changes being added to the game with this update? Any move revisions? Are they finally going to do something about the large, mannish shoulders on some of the women? I swear, whenever Christie pops up I feel like I'm fighting some sort of cartwheeling tranny.

Toxico
5737th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):Re(10):Weekly sales...." , posted Tue 13 Nov 17:24post reply

Version update is out and surprisingly, it adds everything to the game, character wise now all domestic versions are pretty much the same.

Where is my Tekken ball?

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

Loona
661th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):Re(10):Weekly sales...." , posted Tue 13 Nov 19:53post reply

quote:
Are they finally going to do something about the large, mannish shoulders on some of the women? I swear, whenever Christie pops up I feel like I'm fighting some sort of cartwheeling tranny.

Now there's a structural reason to add Poison to TxSF too...

Gojira
2896th Post

"Re(4):Re(10):Re(10):Weekly sales...." , posted Wed 14 Nov 05:46post reply

quote:
Version update is out and surprisingly, it adds everything to the game, character wise now all domestic versions are pretty much the same.

Where is my Tekken ball?

Everything except Lili's gravity-defying dress, but I don't know if that was ever going to be anything but a pre-order thing.

GekigangerV
1795th Post

"More Snoop for the Wii U" , posted Wed 14 Nov 11:34post reply

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201211/13024296.html

Wii U is getting some Snoop Lion clothing.

I wonder if you can wear a Toad hat on top of that.

Toxico
5739th Post

"Harada history with the Tekken series" , posted Sat 17 Nov 03:33post reply

Interesting article . That Jack infinite still pop ups in our casual meetings from time to time, btw.

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

Toxico
5742th Post

"Re(1):Harada history with the Tekken series" , posted Tue 27 Nov 14:19post reply

I figured that this would be well liked over here

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

Ishmael
4498th Post

"Re(2):Harada history with the Tekken series" , posted Wed 28 Nov 11:56post reply

quote:

I don't care that I will never be good at Tekken, I just want to be good with this guy.

Gojira
2899th Post

"Re(3):Harada history with the Tekken series" , posted Wed 28 Nov 16:48post reply

quote:

I don't care that I will never be good at Tekken, I just want to be good with this guy.

In that case, this guy has a protip for you

Maou
2390th Post

"Re(3):Harada history with the Tekken series" , posted Mon 3 Dec 03:36:post reply

quote:

The combination of Dr. B's ass-slide with Gon's continuous twirling would have been a hilarious and annoying low-ground combination. Seeing as how the rest of Tekken 3's zany cast showed up eventually, we can only hope someone is pushing for li'l Gon. For now we shall make up for it by watching his famous Loop ending for 30 minutes straight.

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

[this message was edited by Maou on Mon 3 Dec 03:37]

Toxico
5752th Post

"Card Fighters." , posted Wed 23 Jan 13:47post reply

oh, really

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

Iggy
9418th Post

"Re(1):Card Fighters." , posted Wed 23 Jan 21:22post reply

quote:
oh, really

I'm genuinely surprised it didn't exist until now. Like, 3 times.

Toxico
5753th Post

"Re(2):Card Fighters." , posted Thu 24 Jan 04:22post reply

quote:
oh, really

I'm genuinely surprised it didn't exist until now. Like, 3 times.

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

Iggy
9421th Post

"Re(3):Card Fighters." , posted Thu 24 Jan 09:09post reply

quote:

I... I am responsible for bringing that upon myself, now, am I?

chazumaru
970th Post

"Re(4):Card Fighters." , posted Thu 21 Mar 23:13post reply

There is a Tekken-chan in that stupid game now (check icons on the right). Enjoy a hairy cameo in her dedicated video.

Ishmael
4566th Post

"Re(5):Card Fighters." , posted Fri 22 Mar 01:13post reply

quote:
There is a Tekken-chan in that stupid game now (check icons on the right). Enjoy a hairy cameo in her dedicated video.

When people talk about how Japanese games are nothing but a wasteland of outdated gameplay ideas and awful female characters this is the game they are describing. I wonder how long it will take for her outfit to show up as customization items in Tekken? Also, when you mentioned "a hairy cameo" I expected Heihachi to show up. It seems I was thinking of the wrong bear from Tekken.