3551th Post

user profileedit/delete message

MMCafe Owner

"New Blazblue Game announced" , posted Sun 5 Aug 18:57:post reply

[Updated]
Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_O9VIUmmiQ
Official site: http://blazblue.jp/
Moves List: http://blazblue.jp/images/lt/bbcp_pdf.zip

While Tougeki is withering with issues, Arc Systemworks has been running its own festival called Bluefes 2012 at another location that's way closer to the heart of the City. With Air conditioning.

And it probably was way worth it to go there instead. Big surprise--- they've announced a new release of Blazblue and it's going to be quite different from the rehash we've been experiencing. Here's a quick list of what's been said from visitors at the event. Note that some if it might be misinformation, but the announcement is genuine. A few Twitter users, Jinja3 and Sakkyo in particular has been reporting a lot. We'll probably be seeing images and footages in the days to come.

Complimentary paper holder for game announcement

Updated details are posted at the bottom, colored for convenience.

- Location testing will begin tomorrow at Akihabara Hey and run until next Sunday, August 12. (wth? Starting on a normal Monday? Sunday is when Comiket ends and people from all abroad will be coming, so that makes sense though)
- The new release will be titled Blazblue Chrono Phantasma.
- There's reportedly a lot that's been changed in the game. The neutral poses have been redrawn for all the characters.
- Costumes for some of the characters are different. (Actually, it seems like Noel is the only one with a costume change since Tsubaki is only a palette swap)
- Of course they also have new moves.
- Noel no longer wears her cap and fights with a different outfit.
- Tsubaki is the version that's fallen to the dark side.
- Hazama has a new DD.
- The stage backgrounds are new
- The BGMs seems to be different as well
- Three new characters will be added in: Amane, Bullet, Azrael. Amane fights with something like a cloth, Barret looks a bit like Makoto, Azrael is muscular.
[updates]
- Azrael is a mid-aged muscular man who's sort of a meathead, fighting is everything to him. Drive name is "The Terror".
- Amane is a man that looks as beautiful as a goddess, fights with a plumage. Drive name is "Spiral".
- Bullet is a close-combat cool female mercenary with cleavage. At a glance her motions looks a bit like Makoto's. Drive name is "Lockon".

- Voices: Bullet= Toa Yukinari (Berserk anime series' Casca), Azrael= Hiroki Yasumoto (Bleach's Chad), Amane=Akira Ishida (Namco Tales series' Rid Hershel)
- Jin can do his DD in the air
- Bang has a new DD where he uses his nail
- Ragna has a new move that looks a bit like Gravedigger (probably means Testament's from the GG series.)
- Hazama has a new move where he turns into Terumi and steps on his opponent

... what, no Celica Mercury? I'm disappointed.

[this message was edited by Professor on Mon 6 Aug 12:23]

Replies:

kilvear
168th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):New Blazblue Game announced" , posted Sun 5 Aug 21:45post reply

quote:
While Tougeki is withering with issues, Arc Systemworks has been running its own festival called Bluefes 2012 at another location that's way closer to the heart of the City. With Air conditioning.

And it probably was way worth it to go there instead. Big surprise--- they've announced a new release of Blazblue and it's going to be quite different from the rehash we've been experiencing. Here's a quick list of what's been said from visitors at the event. Note that some if it might be misinformation, but the announcement is genuine. A few Twitter users, Jinja3 and Sakkyo in particular has been reporting a lot. We'll probably be seeing images and footages in the days to come.

Complimentary paper holder for game announcement

Updated details are posted at the bottom, colored for convenience.

- Location testing will begin tomorrow at Akihabara Hey and run until next Sunday, August 12. (wth? Starting on a normal Monday? Sunday is when Comiket ends and people from all abroad will be coming, so that makes sense though)
- The new release will be titled Blazblue Chrono Phantasma.
- There's reportedly a lot that's been

-- Message too long, Autoquote has been Snipped --

Famitsu posted the trailer which is already spreading like wide fire over the internet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_O9VIUmmiQ

Updating signature

Professor
3547th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(2):New Blazblue Game announced" , posted Sun 5 Aug 23:44post reply

I was away for a few hours, then surprise surprise the PV is already out.. life is good. Sort of astonished that there's no Jubei, Seven, Kokonoe, Celica. The developers really decided to surprise everyone.. humm.

Nekros
478th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(3):New Blazblue Game announced" , posted Sun 5 Aug 23:55post reply

No Jubei? Insta-fail.
I don't like the new characters. At all. They're not as creative and interesting as the previous ones and the whole feel is too moe to really appeal me. Also, I noticed that except Noel and Tsubaki, no one has a real new costume. Also, murakumos are done...
I will look forward to the game since I liked CT and CS, but I'm not so much intrigued anymore by the characters and design choices. High expectations on the gameplay, tough.

Professor
3549th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(4):New Blazblue Game announced" , posted Mon 6 Aug 00:46post reply

quote:
No Jubei? Insta-fail.
I don't like the new characters. At all. They're not as creative and interesting as the previous ones and the whole feel is too moe to really appeal me. Also, I noticed that except Noel and Tsubaki, no one has a real new costume. Also, murakumos are done...
I will look forward to the game since I liked CT and CS, but I'm not so much intrigued anymore by the characters and design choices. High expectations on the gameplay, tough.

I have this weird feeling that they'll introduce some long-awaited characters as DLC when the game hits console. Btw Tsubaki is the same as before, just a palette swap.. so the only character with a total outfit redesign is Noel. Everyone apparently has a new neutral pose however, which is something I consider to be a nice idea.

Ishmael
4425th Post

PSN: Ishmael26b
XBL: n/a
Wii: n/a

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(5):New Blazblue Game announced" , posted Mon 6 Aug 05:15post reply

Heh, you can always tell from the view count which threads have been linked to outside sources and which ones have not.

This news certainly beats the heck out of BB:Continuum Shift Extend but I was never certain what the point of CSE was anyway. What's the reaction been like to this news in Japan? Are people excited or have BB players shifted over to Persona 4 and not looked back? Was everybody hoping for a new Guilty Gear game instead?

Iggy
9364th Post

"Re(5):New Blazblue Game announced" , posted Mon 6 Aug 07:00post reply

quote:
I have this weird feeling that they'll introduce some long-awaited characters as DLC when the game hits console.

Considering the public and the interest the fans have into the scenario (something I haven't seen in fighting game since pre-2001 KOF), that makes a lot of sense.
Fans are going to buy the game anyway because they want the new episode with new stuff for their characters, and they also get 3 characters they don't know but might grow on them and will also expand the scenario universe. And then the suckers will pay for the popular scenario only characters.
Sounds much better than doing it the other way around.

I didn't see too many GG-centered reactions, but the Persona people are worried this might mean no update-with-more-characters to Persona, or at least less competition. But Persona has been such a huge success it would be a waste to leave it stray away... I hope they can make the two series go along without eating each other, like Capcom tried to do with SF4 and MvC3. Let's hope Atlus will be less a dick than Marvel. Maybe when Persona 5 will be announced ?

Toxico
5690th Post

PSN: Toxic-Baron

"Re(6):New Blazblue Game announced" , posted Mon 6 Aug 07:31:post reply

quote:
Maybe when Persona 5 will be announced ?

They announced a Persona 3 movie, so Atlus is thinking the exact opposite of what everyone else is thinking. The Persona 3 movie also sets good grounds for more announcements, so who knows when and on which media the next Persona thing is going to pop up.

I was going to speak about the character design for the 3 new guys, but I figured I'm hated enough already.

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ
Update 24 as of 03/04/12. // 104 personajes traducidos

Now sponsoring : video game analogies (ES)
Last update : Chapter 24 as of 15/06/12

[this message was edited by Toxico on Mon 6 Aug 07:33]

Iggy
9365th Post

"Re(7):New Blazblue Game announced" , posted Mon 6 Aug 07:40post reply

quote:
I was going to speak about the character design for the 3 new guys, but I figured I'm hated enough already.

The first guy would be a fearsome contestant in Ru Paul's Drag Race, and is but the next logical step after Bridget. I endorse him.

Professor
3551th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(6):New Blazblue Game announced" , posted Mon 6 Aug 12:09:post reply

Blazblue official site has been updated and the game's moves list is available in a Zip file.
Official site: http://blazblue.jp/
Moves List: http://blazblue.jp/images/lt/bbcp_pdf.zip

First two things that came to my mind with the new character designs- "What's Zenia from Arcana Heart 2 doing in this thing", and "Damn that's a really pink Gackt Vocaloid".

quote:
This news certainly beats the heck out of BB:Continuum Shift Extend but I was never certain what the point of CSE was anyway. What's the reaction been like to this news in Japan? Are people excited or have BB players shifted over to Persona 4 and not looked back? Was everybody hoping for a new Guilty Gear game instead?

I haven't checked around much but the reactions seem to be different depending on where you search. Overall on Twitter, the responses have been good and everyone seems to be looking forward. 2ch on the other hand (it's becoming a sorry hangout of old tired men nowadays) is more mixed. Twitter is probably a better reflection of the general public's opinion.

There's certainly voices of concern that it might eat into P4A's popularity, but I wouldn't really consider it an issue at this point. This new BB is coming out during winter in arcades, so it'll probably be spring at earliest when it hits consoles.

What came to me as something interesting is that-- although I've been suspecting as such, there's a huge gap of opinion between arcade players and more general fans. The arcade players care crap about the storyline and wish for the game to come out cheaper on console, while the fan crouds are really looking forward to it.

Personally, I think storyline is one of the core factors of fighting games on consoles. P4A, thus far, has been a perfect example of what I'd consider an ideal console fighting game release. Each character has nearly about 2 hours of storyline. It's very well written (although I swear the English translations are outright Bland and an eyesore), and even at parts that overlap between characters, the script isn't recycled. Hell, I haven't even played the original RPG and I was impressed. Atlus brought in a lot of writers to get it accomplished. BB's storylines have been generally really short in past releases, so hopefully they'll take note of Atlus' work. The BB novel series is not all that bad, actually.

[this message was edited by Professor on Mon 6 Aug 12:24]

Pollyanna
3266th Post

PSN: Lilly_Dopamine

"Re(7):New Blazblue Game announced" , posted Mon 6 Aug 12:54post reply

quote:
Iggy's post

All of that, again. Exactly.

Despite feeling that I was completely done with BB, I'm suddenly optimistic. I like that they're willing to make potentially unpopular decisions between iterations to mix things up. The result is that the game turned into something that I couldn't play anymore, but at least there's a chance that it'll turn into something I really like now.

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

mbisonhatclub
510th Post

PSN: hadoolket

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(8):New Blazblue Game announced" , posted Mon 6 Aug 18:49post reply

And I get to LOL at the people who wasted money on Extend and I didn't

join the m.bison hat club today
i'm not just the president i'm also a client

Fuu
11th Post

New Customer

"New Blazblue Game announced" , posted Mon 6 Aug 20:16:post reply

In the dizziness of summer i somehow read Blazblue as Bushido Blade. Parallel universe here I come

[this message was edited by Fuu on Tue 7 Aug 07:11]

Burning Ranger
1709th Post

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(9):New Blazblue Game announced" , posted Wed 8 Aug 08:35post reply

quote:

I didn't buy it either (I assume it's the latest "Continuum Shift XX#R Accent Core Reload Turbo'X" right?). In all seriousness...should I get the latest Continuum Shift version? It might be a while before this gets a console release.

So much to do so little time...

justicekyo
732th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(10):New Blazblue Game announced" , posted Wed 8 Aug 10:56post reply

quote:

I didn't buy it either (I assume it's the latest "Continuum Shift XX#R Accent Core Reload Turbo'X" right?). In all seriousness...should I get the latest Continuum Shift version? It might be a while before this gets a console release.

hey BR! you should be able to get CS2 extend for pretty cheap now. just to hold you over since CP won't be on console til sometime next year

mbisonhatclub
512th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(2):Re(10):New Blazblue Game announced" , posted Wed 8 Aug 12:29post reply

quote:

hey BR! you should be able to get CS2 extend for pretty cheap now. just to hold you over since CP won't be on console til sometime next year

I still play BBCS2 not extend online in lieu of good online for KOFXIII, though oftentimes I just wish I was playing something else instead. Which I should probably get back to finishing FFXIII-2.

Nekros
479th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(3):Re(10):New Blazblue Game announced" , posted Wed 15 Aug 23:00post reply

quote:

I still play BBCS2 not extend online in lieu of good online for KOFXIII, though oftentimes I just wish I was playing something else instead. Which I should probably get back to finishing FFXIII-2.

Please...keep away of XIII-2, is terrible. What about Persona Arena?
Also, Chrono Phantasma is scheduled for a 2012 release in arace, with a PS3 version 30% complete. Probabily summer 2013 for the home version. Plenty of time for CS2, KOF and Persona I suppose.

Professor
3581th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Last Blazblue Novel features huge spoiler" , posted Thu 20 Sep 21:04:post reply

The concluding 4th release of the Blazblue Novel series was released just today. In its epilogue, it includes what seems to be a pretty big spoiler for the latest fighting game release. Spoiler alert.

Spoiler

"Are you Celica A. Mercury?

"Uh yes, who are you?

"My name is Kokonoe. Welcome to the future that has no future. You, whose existance transcendents logic... You, the Chrono Phantasma."

End of Spoiler

[this message was edited by Professor on Thu 20 Sep 21:09]

Nekros
505th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(1):Last Blazblue Novel features huge spoil" , posted Fri 21 Sep 23:10post reply

quote:
The concluding 4th release of the Blazblue Novel series was released just today. In its epilogue, it includes what seems to be a pretty big spoiler for the latest fighting game release. Spoiler alert.

Spoiler

"Are you Celica A. Mercury?

"Uh yes, who are you?

"My name is Kokonoe. Welcome to the future that has no future. You, whose existance transcendents logic... You, the Chrono Phantasma."

End of Spoiler

Sounds cool, always wondered why that term is used in plural. Now I understand a bit.

Grave
1472th Post

PSN: Drakee
XBL: eccothedolphin

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(3):Re(10):New Blazblue Game announced" , posted Sat 22 Sep 07:01:post reply

quote:

Didn't you get TTT2? I'd swear I saw you playing it the other night, but maybe not...

And yeah, Extend is pretty cheap now but honestly looking at even CS2 makes me kinda sad. I just didn't have anywhere near as much fun with CS long-term as I did with CT... not sure why. Just got bored. Probably will ignore Extend and wait until the new one... if I even go back at all. Too many games want my attention and I'm not spending enough time getting good at any of them, ugh.

[this message was edited by Grave on Sat 22 Sep 07:03]

mbisonhatclub
527th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(4):Re(10):New Blazblue Game announced" , posted Sat 22 Sep 09:50:post reply

quote:

Didn't you get TTT2? I'd swear I saw you playing it the other night, but maybe not...

And yeah, Extend is pretty cheap now but honestly looking at even CS2 makes me kinda sad. I just didn't have anywhere near as much fun with CS long-term as I did with CT... not sure why. Just got bored. Probably will ignore Extend and wait until the new one... if I even go back at all. Too many games want my attention and I'm not spending enough time getting good at any of them, ugh.

Yeah, I do. You're replying to a post that occurred before my copy arrived though. I'm now alternating between training in TTT2 and playing BB online AND training in KOFXIII and VF5, though the last time I played BB was because a friend wanted to play. We should be playing TTT2 together though!

[this message was edited by mbisonhatclub on Sat 22 Sep 09:52]

Toxico
5744th Post

PSN: Toxic-Baron

"Re(5):Re(10):New Blazblue Game announced" , posted Tue 4 Dec 06:04post reply

Chrono Phantasma a-cho matches.

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ
Update 24 as of 03/04/12. // 104 personajes traducidos

Now sponsoring : video game analogies (ES)
Last update : Chapter 25 as of 31/08/12