Replies:

Professor
3528th Post

user profileedit/delete message

MMCafe Owner

"Re(1):The Dimps & Rumblefish Thread" , posted Wed 25 Jul 20:06:post reply

Official teaser page is up!

http://www.dimps.co.jp/rumblefish2/nesica.php

It says more details on the game will be coming soon, and that this is the first title for the Rumblefish franchise's relaunch project.

[Update]
Aside from Akihabara Hey, the game is also testing at Shinjuku Taito Station (and reportedly also Machida Taito Station) so I took a few mins checking it out, not much time today but maybe tomorrow.

What astonished me the most is the Nesicalive version's official catchline. Roughly translated, it's "You can lose your clothes, but don't lose your fight". Looks like they want to emphasize on the game's clothes-ripping aspect as its selling point.

The screen ratio is definitely 4:3 and the moveslist for your character gets displayed on the side. The game looks hella blurry (what do you expect when it's stretched out!), and it was clearly not the cabinet's fault. It was easly to tell because in stark contrast, the moveslist on the side looked crisp as hell. So basically, the game's shell is running in HD and it's stretching via software. I'm hoping they work a bit on the filter to make it look crispy. Still, it's great news that the game is making a comeback.

There's a still picture between each stage that explains fundamentals of the game to you. It's a pretty clever loading screen. It doesn't automatically switch to the match as soon as the loading is complete, so you can read through it or skip with a button press.

I've taken a few pics and posted them here.

[this message was edited by Professor on Wed 25 Jul 21:00]

Professor
3528th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(2):The Dimps & Rumblefish Thread" , posted Wed 25 Jul 20:45:post reply

The following is a re-post of the stuff from the other thread that was reported yesterday.

System stuff
- screen ratio seems to be the same 4:3 as the original. Moves lists are on the side.
- It's Nesica card compliant, meaning player data can be saved
- Survival and Time attack mode can be played using the same input code as the original game (the command is displayed on the screen for convenience's sake)
- Fonts used in the victory and intermission scenes have been changed
- There's a loading screen and tutorial with a new female character illustration (probably a Probe-Nexus worker)
- The bosses are unlocked by default
- The graphical hit effects look more larger/dynamic now
- The character's shadows look more blurry than before
- After the 4th match, there's a fanservice cutscene that happens by tilting the joystick, at least with Garnet.

More details at 2ch but I'm too tired to translate the balance changes

[this message was edited by Professor on Wed 25 Jul 21:00]

Ishmael
4418th Post

PSN: Ishmael26b
XBL: n/a
Wii: n/a

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(3):The Dimps & Rumblefish Thread" , posted Wed 25 Jul 23:32post reply

Thanks for all the information and contraband photos Professor! I didn't expect Dimps to move this quickly with bringing back RF. But, really, who expected RF to jump back from out of nowhere?

chazumaru
893th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(4):The Dimps & Rumblefish Thread" , posted Thu 26 Jul 21:17:post reply

Woah, dedicated topic! That is putting a lot of trust in The Rumblefish's future!

I have been checking a few videos again. Wonder if it is a good idea to count on the clothes ripping aspect, because it does not stand out so much... Unless they added some frames. Maybe the "fan service" cutscenes depend on what you achieve in-game?

無限早見は無限早見は無限早見は無限早見は無限早見は無限早見は無限早見は

[this message was edited by chazumaru on Thu 26 Jul 21:19]

KTallguy
1405th Post

PSN: Hunter-KT

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(5):The Dimps & Rumblefish Thread" , posted Fri 27 Jul 01:14post reply

Trust in the fish.

Did they say if they'd tweak the moves or balance of the game?

It makes me wonder if they'd also pursue a downloadable version, but maybe it would cut too much into their arcade edition. Still, downloadable VF5FS is exceeding expectations in Japan.

Play to win... or to have fun too! :)

Spoon
2350th Post

"Re(6):The Dimps & Rumblefish Thread" , posted Fri 27 Jul 01:22post reply

quote:
Trust in the fish.

Did they say if they'd tweak the moves or balance of the game?

It makes me wonder if they'd also pursue a downloadable version, but maybe it would cut too much into their arcade edition. Still, downloadable VF5FS is exceeding expectations in Japan.

The 2ch link Prof posted has some details, including character tweaks. Google translate tells me that Mito's boost dive (which makes a pair of hearts orbit her) has been slowed down... I vaguely remember people saying that it was kind of like Guile's Sonic Hurricane in CvS2 in that if you activated it right beside somebody and they weren't already blocking, they'd be hit by it.

red falcon
6120th Post

PSN: Rugalbgood
XBL: RugalBGood
Wii: Doesitmatter?

"Re(7):The Dimps & Rumblefish Thread" , posted Fri 27 Jul 07:28post reply

quote:

The 2ch link Prof posted has some details, including character tweaks. Google translate tells me that Mito's boost dive (which makes a pair of hearts orbit her) has been slowed down...

Yesssss. She could set up unblockables with it, too.

Professor
3554th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(8):The Dimps & Rumblefish Thread" , posted Sat 11 Aug 05:05:post reply

Mini-game "Granet Crush" now available at official site. Win against Garnet in a rocks-paper-sissors game for 5 consecutive streaks, and you can get a semi-unworksafe wallpaper as a reward.

http://www.dimps.co.jp/GarnetCrush/

The Heirarchy is
Red > Green > Blue > Red

This is an interesting program btw. It apparently caches all the sprites into the browser's memory at launch and then renders the screen in real-time using HTML5 canvas. This of course is all done through java-script and not Flash. Same with the portraits.

[this message was edited by Professor on Sat 11 Aug 05:10]

nobinobita
1082th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(9):The Dimps & Rumblefish Thread" , posted Sat 11 Aug 05:35post reply

quote:
Mini-game "Granet Crush" now available at official site. Win against Garnet in a rocks-paper-sissors game for 5 consecutive streaks, and you can get a semi-unworksafe wallpaper as a reward.

http://www.dimps.co.jp/GarnetCrush/

The Heirarchy is
Red > Green > Blue > Red

This is an interesting program btw. It apparently caches all the sprites into the browser's memory at launch and then renders the screen in real-time using HTML5 canvas. This of course is all done through java-script and not Flash. Same with the portraits.

Do you mean that it caches each sprite part and then rotates and them in realtime? Or that it's deployed as a series of parts (small footprint) then rendered as a sprite sheet in your browser? (This is how most Facebook games work)

www.art-eater.com

KTallguy
1411th Post

"Re(9):The Dimps & Rumblefish Thread" , posted Sat 11 Aug 08:41post reply

That was pretty not work safe. Unless you work in Japan. :p

Seizya
3171th Post

"Relaunch?" , posted Wed 22 Aug 12:55post reply

Redoing "The Rumble Fish 2"? I don't mind a redo, but is there a reason why there's no jump to "3" yet? Maybe I missed the news of progress already?

Professor
3565th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(10):The Dimps & Rumblefish Thread" , posted Wed 22 Aug 18:29post reply

@KTallguy
Oh man, sorry about that, lol. Sort of gets numb when you're in Japan for sure.

@nobinobita
Agh sorry, missed out your Q! This is what happens when you pick up a new good art book on the day, lol. In this HTML5 game, the sprites are already prerendered. They're not split by parts. I'm at a loss to why they didn't do that, because that's what the original game did.

The HTML5/Canvas is simply used to merge the sprites, background, and icons together into one image so that you can right-click>save as, like a screenshot.

Zepy
1592th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(2):Re(10):The Dimps & Rumblefish Thread" , posted Thu 23 Aug 03:53post reply

quote:
@KTallguy
Oh man, sorry about that, lol. Sort of gets numb when you're in Japan for sure.

Wait a minute, that's not work safe in Japan too! ...or is it!?

Professor
3566th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(3):Re(10):The Dimps & Rumblefish Thread" , posted Thu 23 Aug 20:09post reply

quote:

Wait a minute, that's not work safe in Japan too! ...or is it!?

KTallguy
1412th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):The Dimps & Rumblefish Thread" , posted Fri 24 Aug 01:28post reply

No worries professor, I still work in games, and I'm the "guy from Japan", so people send me that sort of stuff all the time ;)

As far as useful contributions to this thread goes... I think this is footage of the new one?

Ishmael
4434th Post

PSN: Ishmael26b

"Re(3):Re(10):The Dimps & Rumblefish Thread" , posted Fri 24 Aug 04:28post reply

quote:
As far as useful contributions to this thread goes... I think this is footage of the new one?

I want to play this game although I have no idea why.