OMG, JOJO'S Bizarre Adventure All Star Battle - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (9771 Views )

kofoguz
992th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"OMG, JOJO'S Bizarre Adventure All Star Battle" , posted Thu 5 Jul 17:15post reply

The site
Trailer.
Ok, I squeak like a high school girl when I see it. The funny part is The first time I see the teaser site I thought yeah another All Star Battle, I'm sick of this title. And just yesterday I was introducing to a friend, how good Jojo was. And we were drawing Jotaro. And he wake me up with the trailer. I was like; an anime with Rohan Kishibe? Then I realize what goodness I was watching.

I think I could faint from joy during the day.

Replies:

Professor
3505th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(1):OMG, JOJO'S Bizarre Adventure All Star" , posted Thu 5 Jul 17:20:post reply

quote:
Ok, I squeak like a high school girl when I see it.

Just heard about it too, THIS IS AWESOME.
Also, an animation series is starting this October. No details yet but there's a very very short teaser.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Su0_tuodDRA#t=51m36

Actually, that video is like just a part of a freaking hour long announcement of the Jojo 25th Anniversary project (which the PS3 game is also a part of). And damn, Araki hasn't aged!! As everyone says, he must be a vampire or something.

[edit] Fixed Link

[this message was edited by Professor on Thu 5 Jul 21:48]

NARUTO
3726th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(2):OMG, JOJO'S Bizarre Adventure All Star" , posted Thu 5 Jul 19:40post reply

Wow Happy to see that the site still alive here... long time ne see. But with this JOJO news I was pretty sure that Iggy will bring havoc here.

As for the game, I think I'll eat the fan bait.

Fortes fortuna juvat...

HAYATO
1061th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(3):OMG, JOJO'S Bizarre Adventure All Star" , posted Thu 5 Jul 20:48post reply

quote:
Wow Happy to see that the site still alive here... long time ne see. But with this JOJO news I was pretty sure that Iggy will bring havoc here.

As for the game, I think I'll eat the fan bait.

Same here, specially since I finished reading Steel Ball Run last week and my JoJo fever is still running rampart...

What intrigues me the most is that anime project that Prof just mentioned. Which part are they going to adapt now? Will they try to resurrect that ill-fated Phantom Blood movie they announced about 4 years ago on a different format?

Spoon
2325th Post

"Re(4):OMG, JOJO'S Bizarre Adventure All Star" , posted Thu 5 Jul 22:38post reply

From the romanized names, a lot of the lead staff also worked on Asura's Wrath. This could either be a very good or very not good thing.

Either way, I'm still totally pumped!

nobinobita
1077th Post

"Re(1):OMG, JOJO'S Bizarre Adventure All Star " , posted Fri 6 Jul 05:24post reply

quote:
The site
Trailer.
Ok, I squeak like a high school girl when I see it. The funny part is The first time I see the teaser site I thought yeah another All Star Battle, I'm sick of this title. And just yesterday I was introducing to a friend, how good Jojo was. And we were drawing Jotaro. And he wake me up with the trailer. I was like; an anime with Rohan Kishibe? Then I realize what goodness I was watching.

The air feels electric today!

So many neat games announced lately! Japan is making Japanese games again!

I ... I feel happy!

www.art-eater.com

karasu99
960th Post

PSN: robotchris
XBL: robotchris
Wii: n/a

"Re(5):OMG, JOJO'S Bizarre Adventure All Star" , posted Fri 6 Jul 05:35:post reply

quote:
From the romanized names, a lot of the lead staff also worked on Asura's Wrath. This could either be a very good or very not good thing.

Either way, I'm still totally pumped!

Yeah, this is about the best game news I've heard in quite some time. Plus, it looks great! EXCITED!

www.secret-arts.com

[this message was edited by karasu99 on Fri 6 Jul 05:36]

Iggy
9344th Post

"Re(5):OMG, JOJO'S Bizarre Adventure All Star" , posted Fri 6 Jul 05:49:post reply

quote:

Depending on whether you just expect fan material (like the Naturimate games) or an actual good game (unlike Narutimate).
If you're prepared for something made with passion if not with style, and can bear lengthy cinematics repeating over and over during each fight instead of actual moves, you'll be OK.
It will also probably make us all reflect on how amazing the Capcom 2D game was on so many levels (including sound, SE as well as music).

The main character of Jojolion will probably be in the game as well, since there are the 8 symbols of the 8 series on the logo, and it will be interesting to see what kind of balance they will be able to maintain between popular... I mean, between weirdos and weirdos from seasons 3 and 5.
Oh well, I can't imagine any character that I wouldn't like to be in the game, so whether we get sure-choice Buccellati or Kakyôin, or odd-ball Chocolate Di・s・co, I'll be happy.
As long as we don't get ディオ, DIO, Gay DIO, Dio, and alternate versions of each of them.

[this message was edited by Iggy on Fri 6 Jul 05:55]

KTallguy
1398th Post

PSN: Hunter-KT
XBL: n/a

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(6):OMG, JOJO'S Bizarre Adventure All Star" , posted Fri 6 Jul 06:21post reply

I really love the old Capcom JoJo game, just CC2 is soooo cutscene heavy. I wonder what direction they'll go with this game.

Play to win... or to have fun too! :)

nobinobita
1078th Post

"Re(6):OMG, JOJO'S Bizarre Adventure All Star" , posted Fri 6 Jul 06:51post reply

quote:

It will also probably make us all reflect on how amazing the Capcom 2D game was on so many levels (including sound, SE as well as music).

Now ... I'm depressed again.
Thanks for reminding me where the bar is set Iggy!

www.art-eater.com

Toxico
5658th Post

PSN: Toxic-Baron

"Re(6):OMG, JOJO'S Bizarre Adventure All Star" , posted Fri 6 Jul 11:24post reply

quote:

As long as we don't get ディオ, DIO, Gay DIO, Dio, and alternate versions of each of them.

Not even the butler nor the lizard? You are hard to please (we knew that, of course).

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ
Update 24 as of 03/04/12. // 104 personajes traducidos

Now sponsoring : video game analogies (ES)
Last update : Chapter 24 as of 15/06/12

Spoon
2326th Post

"Re(7):OMG, JOJO'S Bizarre Adventure All Star" , posted Fri 6 Jul 12:42post reply

To this day I wonder how they made the sound effects of the 2D game so incredibly perfect. From how perfectly referenced each frame of animation is to how each character's audio and voice set fits so perfectly that I've lost the ability to imagine them sounding in any other way, I really do admire that about the 2D game. However, a lot of the music in the game grated on me after a lot of play.

I wonder if the final music in the game is going to be like the music in that trailer. It was catchy and had a good energy to it, and I had actually thought that they might go for something with a bit more of an 80s touch just for fun.

But then again, no matter what I'm happy that WHAM is playable.
CAESAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

Maou
2364th Post

"Jojo's bizarre reader's digest" , posted Fri 6 Jul 13:41:post reply

This would probably be a great time to ask people just what the hell Jojo is about, as reading a general description in any language has only ever made me more confused. I know more about the Jojo phenomenon (has been going on for years, had a fantastic Capcom game) than I know about the comic itself. Rather than going to buy a used copy, I will instead ask you all from the comfort of my house, piggy-backing off of the energy of this new release!

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

[this message was edited by Maou on Fri 6 Jul 13:42]

Spoon
2328th Post

"Re(1):Jojo's bizarre reader's digest" , posted Fri 6 Jul 16:05:post reply

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure at its core is a fighting manga where the powers and fights get weirder with each major story, or "Part". The one thing which connects all the stories is that the hero of each Part is a member of the Joestar family by blood. Each Part usually begins with some significant reference to the previous Part, but once they get going they're fairly self-contained. Nevertheless, you really should read them in order.

In Parts 1-2, the driving "super powers" are the sunlight-driven power of the Ripple/Hamon, and the life-sucking power related to vampires. From Part 3 onwards, all of the combatants have a psychic projection, a Stand, which executes some special power(s). If you've ever played a Persona game, pretend that Personas are Stands and you're not far off.

Outrageous costuming and gravity defying poses are de rigueur. The art style is extremely distinctive: in the beginning, it is in the heavily-hatched, heavily-muscled style distinctive of 1980s manga, but over the years the characters have become sleeker and the look a little cleaner. Many characters have distinctive catchphrases or onomatopoeia. Many of the characters and Stands draw names from musicians and musical acts. The villains of Part 2 are named Santana, ACDC, Wham, and Cars, for instance. In other cases, they are just whimsically named, like Mountain Tim in Part 7.

The current major story is Part 8, Jojolion. Parts 1-7 have all been fully translated into English.

[this message was edited by Spoon on Fri 6 Jul 16:07]

NARUTO
3727th Post

"Re(6):OMG, JOJO'S Bizarre Adventure All Star" , posted Fri 6 Jul 17:24post reply

quote:
Oh well, I can't imagine any character that I wouldn't like to be in the game, so whether we get sure-choice Buccellati or Kakyôin, or odd-ball Chocolate Di・s・co, I'll be happy.

Give me Yoshikage/killer Queen and Hermes/kiss and I'm happy.

Fortes fortuna juvat...

Iggy
9345th Post

"Re(8):OMG, JOJO'S Bizarre Adventure All Star" , posted Sat 7 Jul 01:52post reply

quote:
To this day I wonder how they made the sound effects of the 2D game so incredibly perfect. From how perfectly referenced each frame of animation is to how each character's audio and voice set fits so perfectly that I've lost the ability to imagine them sounding in any other way

The sound team of Capcom from the late 90s is overshadowed by all the other astonishing talents of the time, but god were they great. The QSound thing was good, and amazingly used. Let's all remember this now, and then think of SF4's sound team and cry.

Maou: it's a manga where some of the most epic fights include Spice Girl vs Notorious B.I.G., Metallica vs King Crimson, Foo Fighters vs Kenzo, or Iggy [Pop] and Polnareff vs Vanilla Ice. And you also have an incredible [Knocking on] Heaven's Door vs Boys II Man showdown that involves a 1-volume long rock-paper-scissors fight drawn like a DBZ boss sequence. Do you really think you are up for such greatness?

On a more prosaic level, it's the kind of battle manga sequenced in tight fights:
* the heroes are on a quest
* name of the chapter: [some weird name chapter 1]
* they encounter a weird guy, or some weird shit starts happening to them, or both. You understand that the weird shit is the weird guy's power, and its name is [Some Weird Name]. The guy may be there to prevent the heroes from accomplishing their quest, or hold something that they need for their quest. End of the chapter.
* The heroes fight [Some Weird Name] for a number of chapters that can go from 2 to over 20.
* The heroes win the fight (mostly). End of the last chapter with that name.
* Following chapter has a different name. Same process repeat.

* The fights are better when the opponent's powers are clearly defined. For example, having a fight "can manipulate sand" vs "can manipulate water". The more complex the better, as long as the author manages to keep his mind on the fight: "I can make the iron atoms in your bloodstream to multiply into huge razorblades to cut you from the inside until you die of lack of red cells" vs "I can see the next 3 seconds" is mundane by Jojo standards. "I can erase events through time so that only the result of these events remain" vs "I can suppress consequences of all events and rewind any action" is just a horrible, horrible mess.
* The biggest issue at that point is how much the author has his mind on what's happening. That was very bad between the end of Season 5 and most of season 6, but it's starting to be better by choosing a different direction: the hero's power can more or less do anything the current situation requires, which is better from an overall coherence point of view, but loses a lot of appeal (up to season 6, even heroes were bound to have only one specific power and they have to stick to it until they win or lose).

Sometimes, the MacGuffin changes in the middle of the season... but the resolution is never the main point of the series, you don't really care whether Jôtarô is going to be able to save his mother or if the very very mean serial killer is going to be apprehended. The story advances very slowly in-between fights, at best 3 or 4 pages during the transition between the fights, and we're back to weird super powers clashing together.

Iggy
9346th Post

"Re(9):OMG, JOJO'S Bizarre Adventure All Star" , posted Sat 7 Jul 07:02post reply

Who could have guessed ? The game has already been released !
http://www.mmcafe.com/nico.html#http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm18262604
sort of.

kofoguz
993th Post

"Re(9):OMG, JOJO'S Bizarre Adventure All Star" , posted Sat 7 Jul 07:47post reply

quote:
On a more prosaic level, it's the kind of battle manga sequenced in tight fights:
* the heroes are on a quest
* name of the chapter: [some weird name chapter 1]
* they encounter a weird guy, or some weird shit starts happening to them, or both. You understand that the weird shit is the weird guy's power, and its name is [Some Weird Name]. The guy may be there to prevent the heroes from accomplishing their quest, or hold something that they need for their quest. End of the chapter.
* The heroes fight [Some Weird Name] for a number

-- Message too long, Autoquote has been Snipped --

You forgot that, main hero fighhts with someone, and if it is in the early chapters,

Spoiler (Highlight to view) -
rival might join them(good misunderstood guy), be heavily hospitalized (anti-hero/can be used later/fan favourite, too interesting) be epicly death (bad guys/cool but quota is full so thanks for your time. At the end of the Chapter Most of the good teammates dies after a epic battle, says good bye dramatically

End of Spoiler

Pollyanna
3250th Post

PSN: Lilly_Dopamine

"Re(10):OMG, JOJO'S Bizarre Adventure All Star" , posted Sat 7 Jul 08:39post reply

This has nothing to do with the game, but it's a good excuse to tell this story. I friend of mine went to Rome and took a picture in the place where Narancia died (my memory is bad...he may have been Giorno at the time?). It made me wonder if lots of Japanese tourists take photos there. It would be wonderfully confusing to the locals why tourists would be crying and talking about oranges.

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

Maou
2365th Post

"Re(9):OMG, JOJO'S Bizarre Adventure All Star" , posted Sun 8 Jul 08:51:post reply

quote:
Do you really think you are up for such greatness?
Test your might! When you put it this way,
*"super powers" are the sunlight-driven power of the Ripple/Hamon, and the life-sucking power related to vampires."
*Outrageous costuming and gravity defying poses
*muscled style distinctive of 1980s manga
there's no way I can't take up the challenge! In my head, it was always a cross halfway between Hokuto No Ken and Chou Aniki. I may have been closer than I thought. While I still find it comical how even a "simple" explanation of Jojo veers off into the unknowable, I am ready to go along for the ride.

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

[this message was edited by Maou on Sun 8 Jul 08:53]

Iggy
9347th Post

"Re(10):OMG, JOJO'S Bizarre Adventure All Star" , posted Sun 8 Jul 11:23post reply

Well, what you highlighted was mostly generations 1/2, so the first 12 volumes. Things grow far away from Hokuto no Ken after that, even introducing (gasp) female characters after 50 or so volumes (what the world has gone to). Remember we're dealing with a 25 years-old manga, so a lot of changes happen (while ironically, the author is famous for looking younger and younger, getting now dangerously close to the looks of a 25 y-o too).
Anyway, nowadays, Jojo looks like this:
http://livedoor.3.blogimg.jp/hatima/imgs/a/b/abe9fc66.jpg
http://livedoor.3.blogimg.jp/hatima/imgs/9/f/9f2fdbe5.jpg
http://livedoor.3.blogimg.jp/hatima/imgs/e/d/ed9d02f6.jpg

karasu99
960th Post

"Re(10):OMG, JOJO'S Bizarre Adventure All Star" , posted Sun 8 Jul 16:18post reply

quote:
While I still find it comical how even a "simple" explanation of Jojo veers off into the unknowable, I am ready to go along for the ride.

If you're feeling this way about it, you're already prepared for it!

Hey, wasn't there a PS2 Jojo game where it included a gameplay element of striking poses? Probably Polly has already mentioned it and in my jet-lagged state I missed the comment. Or, I'm dreaming that the game was ever made in the first place! Or maybe I've fallen into an alternate universe where it was never made, and now you'll all take me for a madman! Or some combination of the above!

www.secret-arts.com

Pollyanna
3252th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):OMG, JOJO'S Bizarre Adventure Al" , posted Sun 8 Jul 17:36post reply

I didn't really start enjoying the art in Jojo until a few volumes into the 5th story. I feel like if I was recommending the series to a Jojo virgin, I'd suggest the first volume of Steel Ball Run. It looks nice and it was a good first volume. That may sound nuts from a Jojo fan's perspective, but if someone suggested that I buy the series from the beginning, I might be a little deterred.

quote:

Hey, wasn't there a PS2 Jojo game where it included a gameplay element of striking poses? Probably Polly has already mentioned it and in my jet-lagged state I missed the comment. Or, I'm dreaming that the game was ever made in the first place! Or maybe I've fallen into an alternate universe where it was never made, and now you'll all take me for a madman! Or some combination of the above!

I think that was the Phantom Blood game. I only played the Jojo 5 game that Capcom made. It wasn't a great game by any stretch, but I was so happy that it got made at all that I didn't care.

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

HAYATO
1062th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):OMG, JOJO'S Bizarre Adventure Al" , posted Sun 8 Jul 19:53post reply

quote:
Well, what you highlighted was mostly generations 1/2, so the first 12 volumes. Things grow far away from Hokuto no Ken after that, even introducing (gasp) female characters after 50 or so volumes (what the world has gone to). Remember we're dealing with a 25 years-old manga, so a lot of changes happen (while ironically, the author is famous for looking younger and younger, getting now dangerously close to the looks of a 25 y-o too).
Anyway, nowadays, Jojo looks like this:
http://livedoor.3.blogimg.jp/hatima/imgs/a/b/abe9fc66.jpg
http://livedoor.3.blogimg.jp/hatima/imgs/9/f/9f2fdbe5.jpg
http://livedoor.3.blogimg.jp/hatima/imgs/e/d/ed9d02f6.jpg

Did Araki injure his working hand recently or what? His drawing style is clearly in decline since the beggining of part 8, and these new attempts on perspective of his just makes me even more suspicious and wary of his artistic well-being...

Iggy
9349th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):OMG, JOJO'S Bizarre Adventure Al" , posted Sun 8 Jul 23:23post reply

quote:
Did Araki injure his working hand recently or what? His drawing style is clearly in decline since the beggining of part 8, and these new attempts on perspective of his just makes me even more suspicious and wary of his artistic well-being...

He's evolving, definitely... I don't like the direction either (though to be honest, the worst part was 6 with its empty backgrounds) but I like the fact that he's never trying to stay at the same place more than a couple of years. I must say I kinda like the Buccellati + Jolyne drawing. And I'm quite happy to see Reimi, she's cool...
Oh well. I'd just like him to stop writing people's faces within the speech when the character talk about someone, that would be nice.

HAYATO
1063th Post

"Re(4):Re(10):OMG, JOJO'S Bizarre Adventure Al" , posted Mon 9 Jul 21:59post reply

quote:

He's evolving, definitely... I don't like the direction either (though to be honest, the worst part was 6 with its empty backgrounds) but I like the fact that he's never trying to stay at the same place more than a couple of years. I must say I kinda like the Buccellati + Jolyne drawing. And I'm quite happy to see Reimi, she's cool...
Oh well.

His commitment to constant innovation is quite commendable. I just hope that transitory, experimental style he's sporting as of late keeps evolving into something worthwhile (much as his previous styles). Ah, how I miss those Antonio Lopez-inspired covers he did for parts 2 and 3! And what to say of that clean, dynamic style he used for part 4 and "Under Execution Under Jailbreak"...

quote:
I'd just like him to stop writing people's faces within the speech when the character talk about someone, that would be nice.

Yeah, you are right. I find it quite redundant and pointless, even insulting to the reader's intelligence. As if his plotlines were so complicated to follow that we needed to be reminded who's who every chapter...

Professor
3509th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(5):Re(10):OMG, JOJO'S Bizarre Adventure Al" , posted Thu 12 Jul 01:04post reply

Jojo's Bizzare Adventure HD ...?

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/jojos-bizarre-adventure-hd/achievements/

If it's like a 3rdOE remake, that makes me happy and sad at the same time. Hopefully good netcode!

Iggy
9351th Post

"Re(6):Re(10):OMG, JOJO'S Bizarre Adventure Al" , posted Thu 12 Jul 03:53:post reply

quote:
If it's like a 3rdOE remake, that makes me happy and sad at the same time. Hopefully good netcode!
I hope they'll be smart enough to pack together the good looks of the original, the great survivor mode of the DC version, and the super complete story mode of the PS1 version...

However, this looks pretty fake to me. "CyberConnect2" just doesn't sound right, I can't imagine them buying the rights from Capcom. That would be too good to be true.

Edit: also, if this goes online, there would be nothing but Pet Shops regardless of the lag. I think I remember Hol Horse being a good counterpick...?

[this message was edited by Iggy on Thu 12 Jul 03:58]

Professor
3510th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(7):Re(10):OMG, JOJO'S Bizarre Adventure Al" , posted Thu 12 Jul 11:36post reply

OH LORD, PETSHOP.

It sounds suspicious alright and it's odd to see achievements before a game is even announced. It's be nice to finally play Jojo online if it were true, though.

HAYATO
1064th Post

"Re(8):Re(10):OMG, JOJO'S Bizarre Adventure Al" , posted Thu 12 Jul 21:21post reply

quote:
OH LORD, PETSHOP.

It sounds suspicious alright and it's odd to see achievements before a game is even announced. It's be nice to finally play Jojo online if it were true, though.

Those "HD-Remix" announcements always make me think of what I'd like to see (something on the lines of this), just to end up with some crappy HQ4x filter or something like that. Well, better that than nothing, I guess...

kofoguz
994th Post

"Re(9):Re(10):OMG, JOJO'S Bizarre Adventure Al" , posted Fri 13 Jul 19:39post reply

quote:
OH LORD, PETSHOP.

Those "HD-Remix" announcements always make me think of what I'd like to see (something on the lines of this), just to end up with some crappy HQ4x filter or something like that. Well, better that than nothing, I guess...

Well I cant help but wish for Snk vs JoJo universe, more. I know it is like a pipe dream but so was JoJo All Star Battle. So yeah to see that sprite become reality (hoping SNK could ride KOF XIII's success right way) I think it is our only chance to it become something more than a pipe dream... One can hope.

Toxico
5663th Post

"Re(8):Re(10):OMG, JOJO'S Bizarre Adventure Al" , posted Sun 15 Jul 13:00post reply

20 bucks? So whatever the case or whoever the name is, Capcom just steals.

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

Pollyanna
3258th Post

"Re(9):Re(10):OMG, JOJO'S Bizarre Adventure Al" , posted Sun 15 Jul 13:07post reply

quote:
20 bucks? So whatever the case or whoever the name is, Capcom just steals.

I'm hoping this is indicative of lots of extras otherwise, it's just confusing as to why it's so expensive.

Either way, I think I'm spending my money on JoJo coasters instead.

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

Professor
3512th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(10):Re(10):OMG, JOJO'S Bizarre Adventure A" , posted Sun 15 Jul 13:53post reply

quote:
I'm hoping this is indicative of lots of extras otherwise, it's just confusing as to why it's so expensive.

I'm assuming it has to do with loyalty but yeah, it's a tad on the high side. Ranked match is going to literally be like a birdcage!

Mosquiton
1821th Post

Silver Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(2):Re(10):Re(10):OMG, JOJO'S Bizarre Adven" , posted Sun 15 Jul 15:30post reply

quote:

I'm assuming it has to do with loyalty but yeah, it's a tad on the high side. Ranked match is going to literally be like a birdcage!

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that there's a 6% chance that they've been secretly rebalancing the game... nobody would have cared if they bothered with Marvel Super Heroes, and people would have actually been pissed if they messed with Third Strike. So they decided to put all their energy here.

I'm also imagining that the HD sprites also look great, they've combined the best features from all versions, and Maraiah is now top tier.

I've also been drinking bourbon all night.

/ / /

Iggy
9355th Post

"Re(10):Re(10):OMG, JOJO'S Bizarre Adventure A" , posted Sun 15 Jul 19:10:post reply

quote:

I'm pretty sure that given the base game (not that good as far as fighting game go compared to 3rd Strike or others) and the actual fan base (particular, niche manga hardcore fans), the sales would be roughly the same at 10 or 20 bucks, even if it's just a port of the DC version with no extra.
(or people who want to admire two of the most gorgeous sprites Capcom ever did on CPS3. Who cares about Makoto.)

In any case, that'd be less than a few thousands outside of Japan, so why bother+those who'll buy buy will buy it regardless of the price.

[this message was edited by Iggy on Sun 15 Jul 19:57]

Professor
3516th Post

MMCafe Owner

"JoJo's Bizarre Adventure HD videos" , posted Mon 16 Jul 20:40:post reply

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKhNQnIcRMI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MI9J37lodo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojJOSoyZk2M
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mp9D88Zb2E8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3P-LZPYE0As

On an unrelated note
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOUDdJRvn2Q

[this message was edited by Professor on Mon 16 Jul 21:27]

Iggy
9355th Post

"Re(1):JoJo's Bizarre Adventure HD videos" , posted Mon 16 Jul 21:46post reply

Hahaha, I had forgotten the lame English names. Mahrahia, really ??? "New" Kakyoin ???

Interesting as well to pick up commentators that have no idea of the product they're supposed to sell.
Let's hope the reason no Japanese date has been announced is because they want to work up a little bit more on that...
Has the PS1 game been released outside of Japan? With all the story mode, and the dub?

Toxico
5665th Post

"Re(2):JoJo's Bizarre Adventure HD videos" , posted Tue 17 Jul 03:40post reply

quote:
want to work up a little bit more on that...
Has the PS1 game been released outside of Japan? With all the story mode, and the dub?

I'm pretty sure that the storymode was taken out of the overseas release, kinda like what happened with the Rival School bonus games

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

Spoon
2340th Post

"Re(3):JoJo's Bizarre Adventure HD videos" , posted Tue 17 Jul 06:59post reply

I have a US disc of the PSX jojo game, and it has the Super Story Mode.

karasu99
961th Post

"Re(4):JoJo's Bizarre Adventure HD videos" , posted Tue 17 Jul 07:49post reply

quote:
I have a US disc of the PSX jojo game, and it has the Super Story Mode.

I'm away for a bit and I come back to news like this! Ahhhhh it will be nice to play one of the most stylish fighting games ever on a console that I don't have to treat like a small geriatric patient!

About the translations: wow, odd that Capcom didn't redo the localization given everything that's changed in games since it first came out. Like Iggy mentions I remember quite a few weird translation issues. But then again we were probably part of the .0001% of the non-Japanese world who had ever heard of the franchise prior to playing this game, so I'm guessing the translations didn't matter to most players.

www.secret-arts.com

HAYATO
1066th Post

"Re(1):JoJo's Bizarre Adventure HD videos" , posted Tue 17 Jul 22:54:post reply

quote:

On an unrelated note
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOUDdJRvn2Q

Wow, thanks for sharing this!! Besides the early trailer showed circa 2007, that's everything we'll ever see of this obscure film. Quite a shame, as I don't think any JoJo film adaptation, no matter how bad, is deserving of such harsh treatment...

EDIT: I just noticed white blood on the Midler vs Josph review match. Since it's supposed to be based on the Dreaamcast port of the game, does anyone know whether any violence option was available there?

I'd love to get this one for my PS3 but if they ruin the game by toning down the violence (white blood, altered endings et al.), I think I'd better stick to the Retroarch+HQ4x filter I already use...

[this message was edited by HAYATO on Wed 18 Jul 03:16]

Mosquiton
1827th Post

Silver Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(2):JoJo's Bizarre Adventure HD videos" , posted Wed 18 Jul 07:37:post reply

quote:
Hahaha, I had forgotten the lame English names. Mahrahia, really ??? "New" Kakyoin ???

NEW KAKYOIN: Now with added blindness! It kind of makes sense being named after a city... well okay that's a stretch.

I don't know, though. I always thought IGGI PUP and MAHRAHIA KYARII had a certain daft charm.

I've always wanted to learn this game a little better. I'm kind of excited although the most likely scenario is that I'll practice extensively for six hours and get sidetracked before I end up fighting against any actual human opponents online.

/ / /

[this message was edited by Mosquiton on Wed 18 Jul 08:25]

Spoon
2341th Post

"Re(3):JoJo's Bizarre Adventure HD videos" , posted Wed 18 Jul 15:06post reply

JJBA All-Star is not a fighting game, it's a Jojo game.

Well, as long as it plays better than the Phantom Blood game I'll be happy.

chazumaru
881th Post

"Re(4):JoJo's Bizarre Adventure HD videos" , posted Thu 19 Jul 01:50post reply

quote:
JJBA All-Star is not a fighting game, it's a Jojo game.

I believe you have mistaken the relevance of that news. The important point is that, unlike Asura's Wrath, this time CC2 is actually making a game.

無限早見は無限早見は無限早見は無限早見は無限早見は無限早見は無限早見は

Spoon
2343th Post

"Re(5):JoJo's Bizarre Adventure HD videos" , posted Thu 19 Jul 02:23post reply

quote:

I believe you have mistaken the relevance of that news. The important point is that, unlike Asura's Wrath, this time CC2 is actually making a game.

Hooray!

Iggy
9356th Post

"Re(6):JoJo's Bizarre Adventure HD videos" , posted Thu 19 Jul 03:57post reply

Thank you, but no thank you.