Ys Thread: Origins - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1851 Views )

Spoon
2316th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Ys Thread: Origins" , posted Tue 5 Jun 04:06post reply

So Ys Origins is now available in English. From the many Ys faithful here, how good is this game? Do we learn about the secret beginnings of how Adol's family made every girl in every nation fall in love with them?

Replies:

Sparkster
7th Post

New Customer

"Re(1):Ys Thread: Origins" , posted Tue 5 Jun 06:37post reply

I haven't played Origins yet, but the general consensus is that it's not as good as Oath in Felghana which still reigns as the best game in the series. Origins runs on the same game engine, so I wouldn't imagine that pales too poorly in comparison to Oath (as opposed to Ys 7).

With that said, Ys games are some of the best action games you can get and I'll be grabbing Origins soon.

Pollyanna
3237th Post

PSN: Lilly_Dopamine
XBL: n/a
Wii: n/a

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(2):Ys Thread: Origins" , posted Tue 5 Jun 06:54post reply

quote:
the general consensus is that it's not as good as Oath in Felghana which still reigns as the best game in the series

Yes.

I think I probably would've liked Origins better had I not loved Felghana SO MUCH. I can't think of anything particularly bad to say about the game, but it just didn't stick with me very well.

Still, seriously, if anyone reading this hasn't played Oath in Felghana, you really owe it to yourself to check it out.It's available for cheap, in English on multiple platforms now.

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

Amakusa
916th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(1):Ys Thread: Origins" , posted Tue 5 Jun 14:02post reply

quote:
So Ys Origins is now available in English. From the many Ys faithful here, how good is this game? Do we learn about the secret beginnings of how Adol's family made every girl in every nation fall in love with them?

It has almost nothing to do with Adol, but rather the ancestors of the people of Ys, particularly the twin goddesses. The main player characters are ancestors of NPCs from the first two games.

Spoiler (Highlight to view) -
It also has old favorites like Darm and Dalles in it as well, before they became the monsters they are in Ys II, along with a huge majority of the bosses from Ys I & II in revised forms

End of Spoiler

I found Kagami's sword in a junk yard.
I will rule the world and find that truly good cup of coffee.
"Dink-a-dink-a-dink-a-do."