West Coast Cafe - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (2731 Views )

Maou
2328th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"West Coast Cafe" , posted Thu 5 Apr 15:18post reply

Bay Area Cafe people! We were talking about an April meetup before: is this a thing you want to do? Maybe April 14-15 weekend, or later. Known humans in this area include Nobi, me, Gregaman from Capcom, Karasu (if we can import him from Portland), Ktallguy (if I can trick him into flying up from LA), and Brandon (busy man, admittedly).

In the spirit of the Cafe, we could run a group evaluation/report on SF's Southtown Arcade or San Mateo's Game Center, and then kick back at Ramen Dojo, Yakitori/Ramen Kokko, or Izakaya Mai. For instance!

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

Replies:

KTallguy
1371th Post

PSN: Hunter-KT
XBL: n/a
Wii: n/a

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(1):West Coast Cafe" , posted Fri 6 Apr 00:40:post reply

I wish... 14th and 15th I think are kind of crazy for me.

Edit: I hate how the US is so spread out sometimes!

Play to win... or to have fun too! :)

[this message was edited by KTallguy on Fri 6 Apr 02:40]

Iggy
9329th Post

"Re(1):West Coast Cafe" , posted Fri 6 Apr 04:12post reply

One day, I will fly down there and threaten you all with my newly-acquired Elizabethan accent.
And you will cry, oh yes you will.

karasu99
891th Post

PSN: robotchris
XBL: robotchris

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(2):West Coast Cafe" , posted Fri 6 Apr 04:30post reply

quote:
I wish... 14th and 15th I think are kind of crazy for me.

Edit: I hate how the US is so spread out sometimes!

Hey Maou, it looks like the 14th and the 15th will be bad for me as well, despite looking good a month or so ago. Stupid clients and their projects! That shouldn't stop the SF locals from gathering of course, but if you folk felt like rescheduling, I could likely do maybe... the second week of May? Or anything later than that. I of course understand if no one else wants to reschedule.

quote:
One day, I will fly down there and threaten you all with my newly-acquired Elizabethan accent.
And you will cry, oh yes you will.

Maybe someday in the distant future a pan-Cafe meetup could be arranged, but I'm not sure what would constitute the appropriate 'neutral ground'.

www.secret-arts.com

Maou
2329th Post

"Re(3):West Coast Cafe" , posted Fri 6 Apr 05:58post reply

quote:
I could likely do maybe... the second week of May? Or anything later than that.
Karasu+Ktall: what about sometime in May (5/19-20)? The rest of us exist here pretty regularly, so it's pretty flexible.
quote:
Viscount Iggy, we will Skype you into our goofing off by conference call if we have to.

nobinobita
1056th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(3):West Coast Cafe" , posted Fri 6 Apr 06:22post reply

Woohoo! I'm up for a meetup just about any time (just give me a week's notice). Like Maou said, we live here, so our schedules are more flexible.

quote:

Maybe someday in the distant future a pan-Cafe meetup could be arranged, but I'm not sure what would constitute the appropriate 'neutral ground'.

I've always wanted to visit Switzerland!

www.art-eater.com

Maou
2331th Post

"Re(4):West Coast Cafe" , posted Fri 6 Apr 06:30:post reply

quote:
Woohoo! I'm up for a meetup just about any time (just give me a week's notice). Like Maou said, we live here, so our schedules are more flexible.
Nobi: if you want to catch up with Gregaman here this month, we can all talk about Asura's Wrath and game art for just about forever.
quote:
Switzerland
Or we could try microstates...Monte Carlo or the ancient dukedom of San Marino in the Italian mountains. Or: go to Texas (??) and find Polly and JJJ.

[this message was edited by Maou on Fri 6 Apr 06:37]

karasu99
893th Post

"Re(5):West Coast Cafe" , posted Fri 6 Apr 07:07:post reply

quote:
Karasu+Ktall: what about sometime in May (5/19-20)? The rest of us exist here pretty regularly, so it's pretty flexible.
EDIT:Yeah, it looks practically ideal! As far as I can tell, that will work MUCH better! Let's wait and see if KTall agrees.
quote:
Switzerland

Only if we get to meet in a secret bunker nestled in the Alps!
quote:
Or we could try microstates...Monte Carlo or the ancient dukedom of San Marino in the Italian mountains. Or: go to Texas (??) and find Polly and JJJ.

Of course with the mention of a huge meetup, I have visions of the beginning of Bloodsport where fighters from all over the world travel to the tournament location. Who among us is the Cafe's Jean-Claude Van Damme?

My personal thought is that Japan is the shoo-in for a Cafe mega-crossover match. I've been slowly making my way there for the better part of 25 years so maybe that would be enough to finally get there.

www.secret-arts.com

[this message was edited by karasu99 on Fri 6 Apr 08:20]

Professor
3438th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(6):West Coast Cafe" , posted Fri 6 Apr 08:13:post reply

quote:
Of course with the mention of a huge meetup, I have visions of the beginning of Bloodsport where fighters from all over the world travel to the tournament location. Who among us is the Cafe's Jean-Claude Van Damm?

Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

Sounds totally awesome, have fun!
KT, you're back in Cali now?

[edit] AGGHHH he's found me on Twitter! I don't think I'll be using it that much actually, I needed to get an account to try and make contact with a few people via DM (that's why my follow count is low, trying to keep it at minimum).

[this message was edited by Professor on Fri 6 Apr 09:13]

karasu99
899th Post

"Re(7):West Coast Cafe" , posted Sun 15 Apr 02:01:post reply

Hey Maou and the rest of the SF crew: so was May 19-20 decided as firm? I'm looking at buying tickets and wanted to make sure we had decided. Those dates work great for me, by the way.

EDIT: Also, if somebody can suggest a convenient part of town I should look at for a place to stay, that would be excellent.

www.secret-arts.com

[this message was edited by karasu99 on Sun 15 Apr 02:19]

Maou
2335th Post

"Re(8):West Coast Cafe" , posted Tue 17 Apr 01:41:post reply

quote:
Hey Maou and the rest of the SF crew: so was May 19-20 decided as firm? I'm looking at buying tickets
HERE COMES A NEW CHALLENGER

It would be great if you want to come to town then and if Nobi is up. Roll call:

Nobinobita: _______
Maou: definitely in town
Gregaman (Capcom): definitely in town
Ktallguy (45 minute flight, how 'bout it?): _______
Exodus: doesn't hurt to ask!

[this message was edited by Maou on Tue 17 Apr 01:46]

KTallguy
1372th Post

"Re(9):West Coast Cafe" , posted Tue 17 Apr 10:02post reply

Sorry I'm slow guys, I've had a rough few weeks. I'm actually in LA now! Hypothetically I could fly up that weekend but I'm gonna confirm it with work first. Maou, can you send me a reminder? Thanks :)

Maou
2336th Post

"Re(10):West Coast Cafe" , posted Tue 17 Apr 15:10:post reply

quote:
Sorry I'm slow guys, I've had a rough few weeks. I'm actually in LA now! Hypothetically I could fly up that weekend but I'm gonna confirm it with work first. Maou, can you send me a reminder? Thanks :)

That is definitely A Thing I Can Do! Virgin America and Southwest run cheap flights all the time. Now we just need to hear what Nobi thinks...

[this message was edited by Maou on Tue 17 Apr 15:14]

nobinobita
1057th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):West Coast Cafe" , posted Wed 18 Apr 01:18post reply

quote:
That is definitely A Thing I Can Do! Virgin America and Southwest run cheap flights all the time. Now we just need to hear what Nobi thinks...

Sounds great! It'll be awesome to see you all!

www.art-eater.com

karasu99
901th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):West Coast Cafe" , posted Wed 18 Apr 01:24post reply

quote:

Sounds great! It'll be awesome to see you all!

Well that sounds pretty great! I suppose I'll get down to the business of buying a ticket!

www.secret-arts.com

KTallguy
1374th Post

"Re(4):Re(10):West Coast Cafe" , posted Wed 18 Apr 01:36:post reply

Oh my god, I'm a bad person. I realized I have an event on that Saturday night (May 19th)... :(

Really sorry guys! I wish I had let you all know sooner... let me know if you guys have bought all your tickets already.

[this message was edited by KTallguy on Wed 18 Apr 01:53]

karasu99
903th Post

"Re(11):West Coast Cafe" , posted Wed 18 Apr 03:18post reply

quote:
Oh my god, I'm a bad person. I realized I have an event on that Saturday night (May 19th)... :(

Really sorry guys! I wish I had let you all know sooner... let me know if you guys have bought all your tickets already.

As a chronic procrastinator, I had not quite gotten to buying my ticket yet.

Is there a weekend after that works for everyone? Maybe the following one, May 26-27? KT, let us know ASAP if that one looks better, and maybe we can lock it down from there if everyone else is in agreement too. I know I'm taking over the Maou-as-organizer role here, but I'm sure he won't mind.

www.secret-arts.com

KTallguy
1374th Post

"Re(2):Re(11):West Coast Cafe" , posted Wed 18 Apr 03:49post reply

quote:
Is there a weekend after that works for everyone? Maybe the following one, May 26-27? KT, let us know ASAP if that one looks better, and maybe we can lock it down from there if everyone else is in agreement too. I know I'm taking over the Maou-as-organizer role here, but I'm sure he won't mind.

May 26th-27th is better, I believe! And I think that Monday is a holiday? Not sure...

Maou
2336th Post

"Re(3):Re(11):West Coast Cafe" , posted Wed 18 Apr 04:00post reply

quote:
I know I'm taking over the Maou-as-organizer role here, but I'm sure he won't mind. May 26th-27th is better, I believe! And I think that Monday is a holiday? Not sure...

Organize away, it is a group idea~ I sure am not in town May 26-27, though! Blip Festival is happening in New York, you see. Others may be out since it is Memorial Day weekend. June weekends, besides 6/16, may work well if we're to get Ktall up here!

karasu99
904th Post

"Re(4):Re(11):West Coast Cafe" , posted Wed 18 Apr 04:05post reply

quote:
I know I'm taking over the Maou-as-organizer role here, but I'm sure he won't mind. May 26th-27th is better, I believe! And I think that Monday is a holiday? Not sure...
Organize away, it is a group idea~ I sure am not in town May 26-27, though! Blip Festival is happening in New York, you see. Others may be out since it is Memorial Day weekend. June weekends, besides 6/16, may work well if we're to get Ktall up here!

Aha, had forgotten Memorial Day etc! June 2-3 works for me, but after that I'm booked until late July since I have a rolling set of commitments through the rest of June and early July. I could make it to a European meetup in Prague during the first two weeks of July though! Does that work for everybody?

www.secret-arts.com

KTallguy
1375th Post

"Re(5):Re(11):West Coast Cafe" , posted Wed 18 Apr 05:01post reply

Haha, this is complicated huh. I say that you guys meet on the previous date and I just catch you all next time ;)

karasu99
905th Post

"Re(6):Re(11):West Coast Cafe" , posted Wed 18 Apr 05:20post reply

quote:
Haha, this is complicated huh. I say that you guys meet on the previous date and I just catch you all next time ;)

Well, it's not like I never make it down to LA or anything. Maybe we can all do a meetup there sometime! Fugetsu-Do is always a great time!

Well, Maou, Nobi, I assume May 19-20 works for you guys still? I'll go ahead and buy my ticket.

www.secret-arts.com

Maou
2340th Post

"Nobi" , posted Sun 22 Apr 12:42post reply

quote:
Well, Maou, Nobi, I assume May 19-20 works for you guys still? I'll go ahead and buy my ticket.
Sounds good to me! Nobi? We can do a group e-mail or twitter or some dumb thing to plan details later if we're all good, maybe grab a few other area people.

karasu99
911th Post

"Re(1):Nobi" , posted Sun 22 Apr 15:12post reply

quote:
Well, Maou, Nobi, I assume May 19-20 works for you guys still? I'll go ahead and buy my ticket. Sounds good to me! Nobi? We can do a group e-mail or twitter or some dumb thing to plan details later if we're all good, maybe grab a few other area people.

Wellll, it looks like I will be in SF on May 18-20, so I'm up for any sort of MMC meet up. Maou, I'll hit you up via email to discuss further.

www.secret-arts.com

nobinobita
1059th Post

"Re(1):Nobi" , posted Tue 24 Apr 03:59:post reply

quote:
Well, Maou, Nobi, I assume May 19-20 works for you guys still? I'll go ahead and buy my ticket. Sounds good to me! Nobi? We can do a group e-mail or twitter or some dumb thing to plan details later if we're all good, maybe grab a few other area people.

I'm in. If you guys are free Friday (May 18th)I can give you a quick tour of the Giant Game Company that I work for. Let's get a group email started.

You can reach me at:

richmondlee at gee mail dot com.

www.art-eater.com

[this message was edited by nobinobita on Tue 24 Apr 04:00]