Kotaku is looking for Tokyo Correspondants - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1472 Views )

nobinobita
1023th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Kotaku is looking for Tokyo Correspondants" , posted Wed 11 Jan 02:52post reply

Kotaku is looking for correspondants living in the Tokyo area.

http://kotaku.com/5874691/live-and-breathe-japanese-games-kotaku-is-now-hiring

Surely someone from the Cafe can step up to bat!

In my dreams the professor will get the job and write sunny non-snarky articles about interesting games and usher in a new golden age of 2d fighters.

www.art-eater.com

Replies:

GekigangerV
1729th Post

PSN: gekijmo
XBL: n/a
Wii: n/a

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(1):Kotaku is looking for Tokyo Corresponda" , posted Wed 11 Jan 03:02post reply

quote:
Kotaku is looking for correspondants living in the Tokyo area.

http://kotaku.com/5874691/live-and-breathe-japanese-games-kotaku-is-now-hiring

Surely someone from the Cafe can step up to bat!

In my dreams the professor will get the job and write sunny non-snarky articles about interesting games and usher in a new golden age of 2d fighters.

Damn, I forgot how horrible the Gawker websites looked now.

It would be great to get some real game news out there, but what are the chances that a Japanese correspondent wouldn't get the same tired Press Release news that Famitsu, dengeki or Gamewatch get?

I am sure any original material would most likely boil down to photoshots of some release event or some off tangent material like Harajuku fashion or something zany at Akibahara.

Maou
2289th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(2):Kotaku is looking for Tokyo Corresponda" , posted Wed 11 Jan 03:25:post reply

quote:
what are the chances that a Japanese correspondent wouldn't get the same tired Press Release news that Famitsu, dengeki or Gamewatch get?
Sadly, the answer is "about zero," given that part right there in the posting where it says, "Do you love reading Dengeki?" Kotaku is slightly (not really) less intolerable than the games "news" websites (they are trying mightily to have a uniquely terrible layout, I see), but aside from an occasional Tim Rogers guest article, they aren't doing anything particularly interesting along the lines of GamaSutra or GameDev or IC, unless you find translating PR interesting.

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

[this message was edited by Maou on Wed 11 Jan 03:27]

Pollyanna
3163th Post

PSN: Lilly_Dopamine
XBL: n/a
Wii: n/a

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(3):Kotaku is looking for Tokyo Corresponda" , posted Wed 11 Jan 05:27post reply

Kotaku isn't just awful as a news source, but they have the rare distinction of possibly being the only website/publication that has posted articles that actually offend me.

Well, to be fair, I'm sure plenty of other places post offensive articles that I haven't read, but Kotaku posts articles with links to pirated material. That's pretty unforgivable.

青春謳歌 弱肉強食