working online - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1509 Views )

Oh my
73th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Occasional Customer

"working online" , posted Mon 12 Sep 00:19post reply

Iam really getting tired of finding a job. I notice some of u guys mention about working online from home.

I always heard of that and I am kind of curious about this type of work. I did a search and I am a bit worried about the scam and get ID issues. So guys if any of you dont mind,I will like to know your experience and how everything works. Specially how you get paid, the personal information u have to bring and, if there is no problem, what is your task: writer, data entry or other.

PLEASE share, This time I am asking nicely, I promise I won't be sarcastic.

what?

Replies:

Pollyanna
3118th Post

PSN: Lilly_Dopamine
XBL: n/a
Wii: n/a

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):working online" , posted Tue 13 Sep 08:48post reply

I don't know what kind of job you're looking for, so it's hard to say, but I can speak from my own experience...

I've had several jobs where I work from home, but I made all of them through real-life connections. Other people I know that work from home have started a job in an office and been given the option to work from home.

In terms of not getting your identity stolen, I suppose you just have to ensure that the company you're working for is legit. I don't know what kind of qualifications you have, but if I saw an offer that required no qualifications, didn't have an address and phone number and actually paid well, I would be extremely suspicious.

I realize I'm probably not being very helpful, but your question was a bit broad.

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

Oh my
74th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(2):working online" , posted Tue 13 Sep 13:27post reply

quote:
I don't know what kind of job you're looking for, so it's hard to say, but I can speak from my own experience...

I've had several jobs where I work from home, but I made all of them through real-life connections. Other people I know that work from home have started a job in an office and been given the option to work from home.

In terms of not getting your identity stolen, I suppose you just have to ensure that the company you're working for is legit. I don't know what kind of qualifications you have, but if I saw an offer that required no qualifications, didn't have an address and phone number and actually paid well, I would be extremely suspicious.
I realize I'm probably not being very helpful, but your question was a bit broad.

Ofcourse your being helpful. Because iam so desperate I would commit a big mistake. I better not relay on that option.

what?

karasu99
746th Post

PSN: robotchris
XBL: robotchris
Wii: n/a

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(3):working online" , posted Wed 14 Sep 06:39post reply

quote:

I can't really speak about the fly-by-night organizations, pyramid schemes, and get rich quick versions of working from home, but I've worked from home for the past 4 years or so. I'm in business for myself right now, but the company that first hired me to work from home is a 'real' company that I got hired by after making a real world connection.

In terms of suggestions... make sure you can segregate yourself from any possible distractions, and make sure you behave as though you're going to work when you begin your workday. In the whole time I've worked from home, I've never once played a console game during work hours, except when it was directly work-related, and I've always gotten dressed as though I'm going to work outside of the house.

It's great to be able to go do things that need to be done during the day without the need to ask a boss, but I'd say that's more a function of being a business owner than working from home, explicitly-- at my last job my employer expected that I be at my computer for as long as he was, which stank, since I do my best work during the 'dark hours'. But working for yourself is another subject entirely, and certainly not for everyone!

www.secret-arts.com

Oh my
76th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(4):working online" , posted Wed 14 Sep 15:21post reply

quote:
I'm in business for myself right now, but the company that first hired me to work from home is a 'real' company that I got hired by after making a real world connection.

In terms of suggestions... make sure you can segregate yourself from any possible distractions, and make sure you behave as though you're going to work when you begin your workday. In the whole time I've worked from home, I've never once played a console game during work hours, except when it was directly work-related, and I've always gotten dressed as though I'm going to work outside of the

It's great to be able to go do things that need to be done during the day without
the need to ask a boss, but I'd say that's more a function of being a business owner than working from home, explicitly-- at my last job my employer expected
that I be at my computer for as long as he was, which stank, since I do my best
work during the 'dark hours'. But working for yourself is another subject entirely,
and certainly not for everyone!

Hehehehehe yeah I heard when u get a work in home the company take advantage of u and fill you with paper work. That's sometimes take u more than 8 hour. Hmmmm...... I really should be careful. It's so true is totally different working on your own than work for yourself.

what?