Erm, Special occasion dinner - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1642 Views )

Oh my
39th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Rare Customer

"Erm, Special occasion dinner" , posted Mon 27 Jun 09:18post reply

Well, from the cheese to food for special occasion.

I know I am late but last Sunday was father days, congrat to all of those who are parents or send me to hell for mention such a thing hehehe. I know with the busy life style in these days, people go to restaurants or eat frozen food. In my house, we cook for special occasions. So I am curious, what do you eat for special occasions?

Usually, the menu in my house:
rice with gandules , ham and bacon

Potato salad with red and green bell peppers, onions, apple and boiled egg

The meat differs from the occasion it can be ham, filled chicken, filled chicken breast or others except cow meat because is hard to digest.

And for dessert is Cheese flan or flan mocha.

what?

Replies:

exodus
4251th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Erm, Special occasion dinner" , posted Tue 12 Jul 03:51post reply

so, I never have traditional special dinner occasions, aside from eating out.

though I think for me, the most special dinner occasions are when I'm cooking together with someone, which usually winds up being "make the most of the ingredients on-hand," which is actually quite fun and experimental, and often results in a very interesting meal.

perhaps I should have dinner guests more often!

Pollyanna
3068th Post

PSN: Lilly_Dopamine
XBL: n/a
Wii: n/a

"Re(2):Erm, Special occasion dinner" , posted Tue 12 Jul 07:35post reply

Very rarely, me and my friends with have a pot-luck "weird foods night" where we try to eat strange international cuisine. There was nothing really strange about it, but we had a Street Fighter 4AE launch party recently, where we gave our food "world warrior" titles. So it was like, "Rufus' Messiah Kickin' Casserole", "Makoto's Karakusa Kara-age, "Hakan's Lamb Oil Coasters", "Metro City Prison Potatoes (with moonshine!)", "Zangief's Final Atomic Cookie Busters"...etc.

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

Ishmael
4142th Post

PSN: Ishmael26b
XBL: n/a
Wii: n/a

"Re(3):Erm, Special occasion dinner" , posted Tue 12 Jul 22:39post reply

quote:
Very rarely, me and my friends with have a pot-luck "weird foods night" where we try to eat strange international cuisine. There was nothing really strange about it, but we had a Street Fighter 4AE launch party recently, where we gave our food "world warrior" titles. So it was like, "Rufus' Messiah Kickin' Casserole", "Makoto's Karakusa Kara-age, "Hakan's Lamb Oil Coasters", "Metro City Prison Potatoes (with moonshine!)", "Zangief's Final Atomic Cookie Busters"...etc.

I hope this place is still in business when I next get out to Honolulu because I really want to order up a Tiger Uppercut cocktail or Sonic Boomtini.