DC Comics September Relaunch - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1408 Views )

shindekudasai
387th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Silver Customer

"DC Comics September Relaunch" , posted Tue 14 Jun 06:04post reply

Details here

I know a handful of you guys follow American comics, here is the final list of DC's 52 relaunched titles that will all be restarting at issue 1 in September. Some titles will be dumping continuity so as to make it easier for new readers to jump on, some will feature tweaked or brand-new origin stories (like Action Comics) and some will just be picking right up where the old numbering left off (Green Lantern/Corps/New Guardians/Red Lanterns). All of them seem to have new character and/or costume designs, even including Superman. That's right, folks - the red trunks are dead.

Replies:

karasu99
652th Post

PSN: robotchris
XBL: robotchris
Wii: n/a

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(1):DC Comics September Relaunch" , posted Tue 14 Jun 06:23post reply

quote:
Details here

I know a handful of you guys follow American comics, here is the final list of DC's 52 relaunched titles that will all be restarting at issue 1 in September. Some titles will be dumping continuity so as to make it easier for new readers to jump on, some will feature tweaked or brand-new origin stories (like Action Comics) and some will just be picking right up where the old numbering left off (Green Lantern/Corps/New Guardians/Red Lanterns). All of them seem to have new character and/or costume designs, even including Superman. That's right, folks - the red trunks are dead.

It's been a few years since I picked up an American comic book, but I was quite the DC comics fan up through the early 2000's. Looking through the list, I saw "Justice League Dark", which seemed like a real eye-roller... but... Peter Milligan returning to Shade the Changing Man? Shade the Changing Man returning to a comic book? I may actually have to check that one out!

Iggy
9271th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):DC Comics September Relaunch" , posted Tue 14 Jun 08:17post reply

I do not care for american comic book that don't feature Shuma, but J.H. Williams III (of Promethea fame) has been doing such an impressive work on that Batwoman comic I've been forced to read last yeat that I'm actually considering following that series just for him.

Also, how many "bat" titles do they release? 8? Are people buying all this?

Digitalboy
743th Post

PSN: n/a
XBL: JestingGenie99(automatednamecreatedbyXBL)
Wii: n/a

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(1):DC Comics September Relaunch" , posted Tue 14 Jun 11:30post reply

Greg Capullo's art on Batman!

About TIME!

I am just glad that he is still in the business after the Todd McFarlane's Spawn stint that he did and endured.

And now for the worst creative uncreative artist: Rob Liefeld.

WHY?
quote:
Details here

I don't know how to live
But I've got alot of toys...