3rd Strike Online & general SF talk - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (3530 Views )

Iggy
9268th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"3rd Strike Online & general SF talk" , posted Thu 9 Jun 20:11post reply

All my doubts about 3rd Online have been blasted into oblivion.

Gameplay details and general info

quote:
• This game is more arcade perfect than any console port of SF3 3s to date.
• Capcom said the GGPO experience with the console port is better than how GGPO played on the PC. Apparently they dialed in some of the settings a bit.
• There is a DLC (Downloadable Content) section, but Capcom couldn't talk about it yet.
• Gill is still playable, but he's an unlockable character. He's not available in any kind of ranked or tournament modes, though.
• A quick rematch feature exists along with a random character select option.
• Stage select before fighting somebody is now in the game.
• A couple of game crashing bugs were fixed. This is of the game crash/freeze fix variety, nothing that impacts gameplay.
• There won't be a PC release at launch, but it's not something that can be ruled out yet.
• Stun numbers and damage numbers will also be viewable.
• There's a two player training mode option, but it's offline only.
• You can check the credits list for the names of pro players in the community that were consulted when creating this title.
• No plans for a rebalanced patch at any point.

Graphic options and notes

• Three filters in the game. Crisp, Smooth and None, in addition to the previously mentioned scanline filter.
• The graphic filters do not introduce any kind of input lag.
• In full widescreen mode, the image is stretched a little bit. There's a secondary widescreen mode which doesn't do any stretching and keeps the original 4:3 aspect ratio.
• Capcom went back and grabbed some of the original artwork from the game and rescanned it in HD. There's also some fan art in there as well.
• The sprites were not edited in any way, and if you want to see them how they were, you can turn off all of the graphical filters.
• Stage backgrounds from New Generation and 2nd Impact are not available in the vault as unlockables.
• All of the colors that were available in the home console versions are in this one as well.

YouTube upload, match saving, group viewing

• A replay match database is searchable by keywords, player rank and other things. You can also put together a playlist.
• On the PS3 version, you can upload matches to your own YouTube account.
• There's a watch with friends feature, where you can download replays and talk with your friends while they're going on. For example, if there's a tournament, you can grab the matches from it and sit back and check them out with other people.

Challenges and unlockables

• There are hundreds of dynamic challenges to take on. These are the achievements on the sides of the screen as you're playing, the left side for player 1 and the right for player 2. Players have to be signed into an account for the dynamic challenges to come up.
• There is over 200 pieces of unlockable content in the vault. Artwork, remixed themes and many other things.

Music

• Remixed music and default music is available.
• All of the sounds and music were reripped in higher quality from the original arcade release. No sounds or voices were changed.
• New Generation and 2nd Impact character themes are not available.

Part 1

Part 2

If the segment at the beginning of part 2 doesn't excite you, then you have no business here, stranger.
And with all this content, the DLC option surprises me... could it be NG and 2nd Impact backgrounds and feature?
I think I don't need any other fighting game for the next few years, thank you very much.

Replies:

TheRedKnight
311th Post

PSN: no
XBL: no
Wii: no

Bronze Customer

"Re(1):3rd Strike Online & general SF talk" , posted Thu 9 Jun 21:55post reply

Alright, general SF talk, here I come!
SSF2X is still the best SF game ever.

In the end of the second segment they talk about buying 3S Online and voting with your wallets. Indeed. Let's see how this one fares against SSFIV AE then. Because I sure can't think of a single reason to get AE instead of this.

THE LEGEND OF THE STRONGEST FIGHTING LORD OF ALL TIME!

maese
633th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(2):3rd Strike Online & general SF talk" , posted Fri 10 Jun 02:10post reply

I retract from my words on the other thread; I'm begining to see the point of this new SFIII incarnation. A playable Gill is a most alluring reason to retake the game indeed, but having all the backgrounds and BGMs from NG and 2nd Impact on the same pack would be just awesome. One can only dream...

HAYATO
1036th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(3):3rd Strike Online & general SF talk" , posted Fri 10 Jun 07:27post reply

quote:
I retract from my words on the other thread; I'm begining to see the point of this new SFIII incarnation. A playable Gill is a most alluring reason to retake the game indeed, but having all the backgrounds and BGMs from NG and 2nd Impact on the same pack would be just awesome. One can only dream...

If Capcom decides to include NG and 2nd Impact backgrounds and music, even if they appear as DLC, I think this one could become the ultimate Street Fighter fighting game. As Iggy already said, we won't need a new fighting game in ages (a re-release of JoJo's BA and Warzard on he same vein wouldn't hurt a bit, though)

karasu99
649th Post

PSN: robotchris
XBL: robotchris
Wii: n/a

"Re(4):3rd Strike Online & general SF talk" , posted Fri 10 Jun 08:33:post reply

quote:

If Capcom decides to include NG and 2nd Impact backgrounds and music, even if they appear as DLC, I think this one could become the ultimate Street Fighter fighting game. As Iggy already said, we won't need a new fighting game in ages (a re-release of JoJo's BA and Warzard on he same vein wouldn't hurt a bit, though)

I'm glad Capcom's decision is getting a lot of love, both here and elsewhere. 3S is a truly amazing game-- playing it in the arcade not long ago reminded me of how much I've always loved it.

I'm glad I held my tongue yesterday morning rather than hastily bitching about the filter they used, along with the other changes, especially given that the filter can be removed and the interface change is so minor. And for DLC, my guess is that it will be music, but I could be completely wrong about that. I don't really care though-- 3S as it stands is completely enough for me: I'm happy with it as-is.

EDIT: Oh yeah, the thing I actually quoted:
quote:

(a re-release of JoJo's BA and Warzard on he same vein wouldn't hurt a bit, though)

All I can say is...

[this message was edited by karasu99 on Fri 10 Jun 08:39]

Maou
2206th Post

"DAIGO MODE" , posted Fri 10 Jun 13:36:post reply

quote:
If the segment at the beginning of part 2 doesn't excite you, then you have no business here, stranger.
OH SNAP, they have a "Pretend to Be Umehara Daigo as He Beats Justin Wong" expert parry challenge?! OUTSTANDING!

Given all the effort elsewhere, they really ought to go the final step of including NG and 2I backgrounds, which I've always wanted to play on my now non-existent Dreamcast. Which is to say that I really just want to play 3S without the annoying soundtrack while grooving funky jazzy funky 2I style, everyday, all the time!

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

[this message was edited by Maou on Fri 10 Jun 13:40]

sibarraz
130th Post

PSN: n/a
XBL: sibarraz4life

Regular Customer

"Re(1):DAIGO MODE" , posted Fri 10 Jun 13:45post reply

god, the 360 version will not had youtube sharing?

I hope that at least you had the option to upload them to some page like the kinect games

Mozex
432th Post

PSN: Mozex
XBL: n/a

Gold Customer

"Yay I'm not being price gouged!" , posted Sun 12 Jun 00:13post reply

At the end of video 2 he said it was $15. It's going to be hard to pass up at that price. I certainly wasn't going to pay much to own 3S again.

And watching the first video ...

Random character select thank god! I hate it when fighters leave this out.

Be kind to goblins.

Ktallguy
1325th Post

PSN: Hunter-KT

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(1):Yay I'm not being price gouged!" , posted Mon 13 Jun 10:55post reply

Yea, I will buy this and all of the DLC that comes with it. ;) Please release music and stages Capcom!!!

I kind of wish they would "rebalance" it, but it's because my Ibuki sucks so much. I should just try harder.

Play to win... or to have fun too! :)

sibarraz
131th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):Yay I'm not being price gouged!" , posted Mon 13 Jun 12:31post reply

quote:
Yea, I will buy this and all of the DLC that comes with it. ;) Please release music and stages Capcom!!!

I kind of wish they would "rebalance" it, but it's because my Ibuki sucks so much. I should just try harder.

It's viable to see 3-2 and 3-1 stages?

Ktallguy
1326th Post

"Re(3):Yay I'm not being price gouged!" , posted Mon 13 Jun 13:14post reply

quote:
It's viable to see 3-2 and 3-1 stages?

Hell, I don't know if they developed it with that in mind, but I figure it could be done if they thought of it from the beginning?

Tai-Pan
502th Post

XBL: Kusanagi82

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(2):Yay I'm not being price gouged!" , posted Tue 14 Jun 00:14post reply

quote:

I will be VERY impressed if these guys are able to merge III's and 2I's stages into the 3rd Strike engine...very impressed..

"Those who follow the path of a warrior must be ready to die in order to stand for one's convictions live for one's convictions die for one's convictions"

shin ramberk
398th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(1):Yay I'm not being price gouged!" , posted Tue 14 Jun 01:04post reply

quote:
At the end of video 2 he said it was $15. It's going to be hard to pass up at that price. I certainly wasn't going to pay much to own 3S again.

Yeah, $15 seems like a more then fair price for the extra content they're putting in.

But would you feel gouged if they sold a DLC pack that contained a "re-balanced" mode for $5 or $10? I know they keep denying that they want to modify a "classic" game like 3S but considering they got A LOT of help from pro gamers on the extra content in this game, why wouldn't they also get their help with a re-balanced mode?

Everyone thinks 3S is sacred right? Well, everyone thought that ST was sacred and that got re-balanced. Even Puzzle Fighter got re-balanced.

I'm willing to bet if the game is a success they'll sell a re-balanced mode for DLC later on.

http://ramberk.blogspot.com

Ishmael
4123th Post

PSN: Ishmael26b

"Re(2):Yay I'm not being price gouged!" , posted Tue 14 Jun 01:45post reply

Am I the only person who doesn't want a remixed mode of 3S? What new gameplay experiences would it bring to the table that would make all that tinkering worthwhile? Outside of a new tier list for people to complain about I can't think of anything. Is there a scene for the modified DC version or do most 3S fans stick to the arcade standard?

shin ramberk
399th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(3):Yay I'm not being price gouged!" , posted Tue 14 Jun 03:14post reply

quote:
Am I the only person who doesn't want a remixed mode of 3S? What new gameplay experiences would it bring to the table that would make all that tinkering worthwhile? Outside of a new tier list for people to complain about I can't think of anything. Is there a scene for the modified DC version or do most 3S fans stick to the arcade standard?

Yes. It needs to be re-balanced. You could argue that it would become a "less fun" game with a re-balanced mode but its worth a try. Right now, there are several aspects of the game that make it "less fun" because they are broken or easily abused.

TheRedKnight
312th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(4):Yay I'm not being price gouged!" , posted Tue 14 Jun 03:55post reply

Didn't take long for this thread to go straight to hell.

C'mon, asking for a re-balanced version of Third Strike. Really? You really want to take your chances messing with a 10+ year old game that is still played to this day? That's like asking for the whole fighting game scene to be kicked in the nuts over and over again. Sirlin already caused enough harm and you still want more! Just go back to playing Mugen/reading Udon comics/writing fan-fiction, please.

nobinobita
933th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(5):Yay I'm not being price gouged!" , posted Tue 14 Jun 05:46post reply

quote:
Just go back to playing Mugen/reading Udon comics/writing fan-fiction, please.

THIS THREAD IS TEARING US APART!!!
D:

I think Shin Ranberk was just suggesting that the option of a remixed mode couldn't hurt.

While I believe that Third Strike is pretty perfect as it is (every character has a good chance of winning in any matchup if you use them right, whether you're playing casually or competitively) a remixed mode might be fun down the road.

I don't think now's the time for a remixed mode though, since this will probably be most current gamer's introduction to the series.

It would be confusing for them to have to follow two systems. Let them learn the nuances of the time tested original before changing up the game.

www.art-eater.com

sibarraz
133th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(6):Yay I'm not being price gouged!" , posted Tue 14 Jun 05:50post reply

quote:
Just go back to playing Mugen/reading Udon comics/writing fan-fiction, please.

D:

I think Shin Ranberk was just suggesting that the option of a remixed mode couldn't hurt.

While I believe that Third Strike is pretty perfect as it is (every character has a good chance of winning in any matchup if you use them right, whether you're playing casually or competitively) a remixed mode might be fun down the road.

I don't think now's the time for a remixed mode though, since this will probably be most current gamer's introduction to the series.

It would be confusing for them to have to follow two systems. Let them learn the nuances of the time tested original before changing up the game.

If i'm not wrong, I recall hearing some guy doing some unoficial balances to the game, but I don't remember his name now

Maou
2211th Post

"Re(6):Yay I'm not being price gouged!" , posted Tue 14 Jun 06:41post reply

quote:
D:
This thread isn't tearing us apparent, it's just some guy who's mistakenly thought he was writing in a shrill, dogmatic Shoryuken thread by mistake. I'm sure he'll figure out the confusion soon enough.

There is no reason both modes couldn't be available if there were for some reason a rebalanced mode. Certainly there will be an original mode given the ability to turn off filters and other "arcade perfect" oriented things, in any event.

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

shin ramberk
400th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(5):Yay I'm not being price gouged!" , posted Tue 14 Jun 06:44post reply

quote:
Didn't take long for this thread to go straight to hell.

C'mon, asking for a re-balanced version of Third Strike. Really? You really want to take your chances messing with a 10+ year old game that is still played to this day? That's like asking for the whole fighting game scene to be kicked in the nuts over and over again. Sirlin already caused enough harm and you still want more! Just go back to playing Mugen/reading Udon comics/writing fan-fiction, please.

Fighting games CONSTANTLY get re-balanced. Sometimes the re-balancing is praised, sometimes its disparaged. The fact that you have such a strong reaction to the idea leads me to believe one of two things.

Maybe you think 3S is perfect, as is. I strongly disagree even though its my favorite fighting game.

Or maybe you have a bias against an American dev team doing the re-balancing. I imagine if it were a Japanese team releasing the game, perceptions of it might be different. (Yeah, I also noticed how you were quick to disparage American artists/developers too.)

The funny thing is GGPO is an American technology that was highly regarded and demanded.

karasu99
653th Post

PSN: robotchris
XBL: robotchris

"Re(7):Yay I'm not being price gouged!" , posted Tue 14 Jun 06:59post reply

quote:
D: This thread isn't tearing us apparent, it's just some guy who's mistakenly thought he was writing in a shrill, dogmatic Shoryuken thread by mistake. I'm sure he'll figure out the confusion soon enough.

There is no reason both modes couldn't be available if there were for some reason a rebalanced mode. Certainly there will be an original mode given the ability to turn off filters and other "arcade perfect" oriented things, in any event.

I'm just happy that the release of this game has generated so much discussion everywhere, and that a game that's like a long absent friend has been dusted off and brought back.

For me, I'd love arcade perfect plus whatever else they would like to throw in. But then I'm also not an ultraserious player-- I just want to have fun playing it, so as long as the controls are decent and responsive, I'll like it.

nobinobita
934th Post

"Re(6):Yay I'm not being price gouged!" , posted Tue 14 Jun 07:21post reply

quote:
I imagine if it were a Japanese team releasing the game, perceptions of it might be different. (Yeah, I also noticed how you were quick to disparage American artists/developers too.)

Does preferring Japanese games over American games (or vice versa) mean that you have a bias that makes you close minded?

Does preferring Italian food over Tex Mex also mean that you're close minded?

Are these matters of taste comparable?

www.art-eater.com

shin ramberk
401th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(7):Yay I'm not being price gouged!" , posted Tue 14 Jun 07:53post reply

quote:

Without derailing this thread any further, but would it be closed minded to say, "I refuse to eat Japanese food that is prepared by an American cook."

Is this a good analogy? I don't know. But we are not talking about a preference in genres (example: JRPG vs FPS or American-style RPG). We are talking about the efficacy/skill/artistry of a dev team based on their national identity.

Is it a valid argument to say, "this a genre of games that was originally developed by French-Canadian developers, therefore French-Canadian developers would know best how to fix/expand games in this genre."

Is this getting silly? Or is there certain ideas that are "sacred" and therefore off limits to challenge?

Iggy
9270th Post

"Re(7):Yay I'm not being price gouged!" , posted Tue 14 Jun 08:06post reply

quote:
There is no reason both modes couldn't be available if there were for some reason a rebalanced mode.
Except an already small community would be cut in two even smaller communities. CF SSF2T.
You can tweak/rebalance a game that has recently been released. But if you do that to a game people have been played for years non-stop, then chances they like the game as it is and think "if it's not broken, don't fix it". Especially in the case of 3rd Strike, where these people are probably the reason Ono is still working at Capcom instead of selling ramen under a bridge (I let everyone decide whether that'd be a good or bad thing).

nobinobita
935th Post

"Re(8):Yay I'm not being price gouged!" , posted Tue 14 Jun 08:31post reply

quote:

Without derailing this thread any further, but would it be closed minded to say, "I refuse to eat Japanese food that is prepared by an American cook."

Is this a good analogy? I don't know. But we are not talking about a preference in genres (example: JRPG vs FPS or American-style RPG). We are talking about the efficacy/skill/artistry of a dev team based on their national identity.

Is it a valid argument to say, "this a genre of games that was originally developed by French-Canadian developers, therefore French-Canadian developers would know best how to fix/expand games in this genre."

Is this getting silly? Or is there certain ideas that are "sacred" and therefore off limits to challenge?

No I don't think any ideas are off limits. I know that was a silly question so I appreciate your thoughtful answer. I think you've made a really good point about how it's not the preference that constitutes a bias, it's the reasoning behind it.

I was just thinking out loud, musing on how in general people are able to discuss food preferences without anyone getting upset. But I've never gone more than a month without seeing someone accused of being closed minded because they have a heavy preference for games of a certain region (ok let's stop beating around the bush, it's always Japan ;P). I hesitate to call it a double standard. I think it has more to do with the abrassive way that people broach the subject, vs the calm way people generally discuss food.

www.art-eater.com

Spoon
2173th Post

"Re(8):Yay I'm not being price gouged!" , posted Tue 14 Jun 11:49post reply

quote:
There is no reason both modes couldn't be available if there were for some reason a rebalanced mode. Except an already small community would be cut in two even smaller communities. CF SSF2T.
You can tweak/rebalance a game that has recently been released. But if you do that to a game people have been played for years non-stop, then chances they like the game as it is and think "if it's not broken, don't fix it". Especially in the case of 3rd Strike, where these people are probably the reason Ono is still working at Capcom instead of selling ramen under a bridge (I let everyone decide whether that'd be a good or bad thing).

An interesting point is that many of the latter non-UM KOF console releases had "Arrange" versions as an option, which had (purportedly) game balancing tweaks. I don't think anybody liked the "Arrange" modes, though.

I wouldn't mind having a remix/arrange/whatever version just for the sake of having something new to mess with. The "rebalance" project which some guy has posted youtubes of is really more a "let's give charas more new cool/fun/silly combo things", and is about as much of a rebalance as SFIV Koryu is (which gives everybody infinite combos and crazy stuff). I love 3S, I've played it for years and years, and I've still got lots of things to improve on, but there are some things about the game that just aren't going to change, and I've just gotten too used to.

Of course, that does mean that when I see something I really haven't seen before in 3S, it really wows me!

All that said, YOU'RE TEARING ME APART, LISA

nobinobita
937th Post

"Re(9):Yay I'm not being price gouged!" , posted Tue 14 Jun 12:18:post reply

quote:
YOU'RE TEARING ME APART, LISA

The Room: The Novelization

www.art-eater.com

[this message was edited by nobinobita on Tue 14 Jun 14:29]

TheRedKnight
314th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(10):Yay I'm not being price gouged!" , posted Wed 15 Jun 04:16:post reply

quote:
The fact that you have such a strong reaction to the idea leads me to believe one of two things.

Hmm?
quote:

Maybe you think 3S is perfect, as is. I strongly disagree even though its my favorite fighting game.

Not perfect by design, but as a game that is still played from '99 to this day it deserves to stay the way it is. Capcom is bringing this game for the people who want the real and proper Third Strike.
quote:

Or maybe you have a bias against an American dev team doing the re-balancing. I imagine if it were a Japanese team releasing the game, perceptions of it might be different. (Yeah, I also noticed how you were quick to disparage American artists/developers too.) + some weird rants about food

Where did that come from??? Just because I mentioned Sirlin? HD Remix is inferior to SSF2X. It's that simple. There is a risk in trying to rebalance a game, and it is not worth it if the game is already good enough to still have an active scene going on. Or just read the frenchman's post again if you don't want to hear me say it.
quote:

The funny thing is GGPO is an American technology that was highly regarded and demanded.

And hopefully Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection uses GGPO too. I wish, but I doubt it will.

At Capcom Unity it was mentioned that they don't want to add NG or 2I backgrounds to the game because they want 3S to be 3S. So there.

[this message was edited by TheRedKnight on Wed 15 Jun 04:19]

shin ramberk
402th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(2):Re(10):Yay I'm not being price gouged!" , posted Wed 15 Jun 08:48post reply

quote:

At Capcom Unity it was mentioned that they don't want to add NG or 2I backgrounds to the game because they want 3S to be 3S. So there.

Hey, I've derailed this thread enough as is. You've presented very convincing arguments, in a rational, logical and straightforward manner. I concede to keep my reasons why I'd want a re-balance to myself and let it go.

KTallguy
1327th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):Yay I'm not being price gouged!" , posted Wed 15 Jun 10:16post reply

quote:

Awww... I think backgrounds and music aren't such a horrible thing. Rebalancing I can see being a problem.

Well I am still thankful that people who care are working on this project, and I'll be voting with my dollars :)

TheRedKnight
314th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(3):Re(10):Yay I'm not being price gouged!" , posted Wed 15 Jun 19:30post reply

Copy paste from Eventhubs:

quote:

quote:
How come 2nd Impact and New Generation back stages aren't being included?

quote:
Because they are not 3rd strike stages. I for one don't want them (unless they are an optional extra) as I would prefer the game be authentic to SFIII 3rd strike as possible. — DarkSamus

quote:
Svensson: Exactly this.

So, this was from the Capcom-Unity boards, apparently. It's still possible that there will be silly DLC, because unfortunately Capcom listens to their "fans"..

Spoon
2175th Post

"Re(10):Yay I'm not being price gouged!" , posted Thu 16 Jun 04:29post reply

quote:
YOU'RE TEARING ME APART, LISA
The Room: The Novelization

Music for small rooms

TheRedKnight
315th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(2):Re(10):Yay I'm not being price gouged!" , posted Thu 16 Jun 16:11post reply

Another link.

Mozex
435th Post

PSN: Mozex

Gold Customer

"Re(3):Re(10):Yay I'm not being price gouged!" , posted Fri 17 Jun 00:13post reply

quote:
Another link.

It just occurred to me ... They said they aren't going to include the backgrounds from the first two SF3 games because (paraphrase)"that wouldn't be 3S", but they're adding remixed music. At what point does it stop being 3S?

I bet the first DLC for this game is the old backgrounds.

Be kind to goblins.

TheRedKnight
316th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(4):Re(10):Yay I'm not being price gouged!" , posted Sat 18 Jun 18:21post reply

quote:

It just occurred to me ... They said they aren't going to include the backgrounds from the first two SF3 games because (paraphrase)"that wouldn't be 3S", but they're adding remixed music. At what point does it stop being 3S?

I bet the first DLC for this game is the old backgrounds.

quote:

quote:
Are the stages and the music from the first two games going to make it as free DLC? — Crazy-Legs

quote:
Svensson: Not discussing DLC until after launch.

Link. - I too believe that the demand for the old backgrounds is high enough for them so sell it as DLC. Maybe even those SA background effects?

Spoiler (Highlight to view) -
I WANT EX SEAN LOLOL

End of Spoiler

sibarraz
138th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(5):Re(10):Yay I'm not being price gouged!" , posted Sun 19 Jun 05:54post reply

Like someone said, I found stupid to say that they don't want to put old backgrounds because ''they want than 3s be 3s'' yet they change all the music (well, option) of a perfect OST imo

Plus, they changed all the huds, so I really don't get the argument, is more like ''yeah, maybe isn't a good business maneuver''

Gojira
2745th Post

PSN: Gojira_X
XBL: Gojiraaa
Wii: 80085

"Re(6):Re(10):Yay I'm not being price gouged!" , posted Sun 19 Jun 07:27post reply

Uh, who is Dark Samus? A Capcom employee? You seem to be taking this fellow's words very literally as Capcom's when he/she is probably just a self-styled meat shield with no connection to the project.

Svensson barely said a piece but he probably just implied they didn't want to radically alter the look of 3s with NG/2i stages out of the box. It doesn't mean they won't do that eventually.

Spoon
2184th Post

"Re(7):Re(10):Yay I'm not being price gouged!" , posted Thu 23 Jun 02:50post reply

Weird UI note in 3SO videos posted recently:

So there is the new stone background image, and there are the new thumbnail portraits during the opponent select screen (for single player).

The thing that's weird is that once they get into the match, the portraits underneath the lifebar are neither the old portraits nor the new portraits; they are thumbnails of the large portraits seen during the main character select/prefight screen. Dunno what's up with that.

Moo
47th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(4):Re(10):Yay I'm not being price gouged!" , posted Thu 23 Jun 14:18post reply

quote:
It's still possible that there will be silly DLC, because unfortunately Capcom listens to their "fans"..

More like their wallets.

TheRedKnight
317th Post

PSN: yes

Bronze Customer

"Re(5):Re(10):Yay I'm not being price gouged!" , posted Tue 28 Jun 23:37post reply

quote:
It's still possible that there will be silly DLC, because unfortunately Capcom listens to their "fans"..

More like their wallets.

Fans, wallets, what's the difference? People love to buy anything these days just because it's there on sale.

Why I left my hobbies.

nobinobita
945th Post

"Re(5):Re(10):Yay I'm not being price gouged!" , posted Wed 29 Jun 01:41post reply

quote:
More like their wallets.

Voting with your wallet is the only vote that counts. If you love something, you should financially support it where you can, otherwise it will go away, possibly never to return.

www.art-eater.com

Moo
48th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(6):Re(10):Yay I'm not being price gouged!" , posted Sun 3 Jul 23:28post reply

quote:
Voting with your wallet is the only vote that counts. If you love something, you should financially support it where you can, otherwise it will go away, possibly never to return.

Yes. Always reminds me of SNK going bankrupt. I was thinking that it would be nice to have the New Generation and Second Impact stages and music without having to pay extra.