From HD, blue ray to 3D. - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1367 Views )

Oh my
23th Post

user profileedit/delete message

New Customer

"From HD, blue ray to 3D." , posted Wed 1 Jun 05:09post reply

HD, wow so clean, Blue Ray a great combo, 3D well... Is this theme already been discuss? anyway

The first time I saw the announcement of the 3D TV I couldn’t believe it. Since my youth I always saw that 3D image thing with those paper “glasses” things with a blue and red plastic crap, I never notice the difference but a huge visual discomfort.

One day (on December) I went to a store who had the Panasonic viera on display and completely change my mind about 3D, it change my Christmas, I got freak out about it. It really look good, every time I went to the store I stopped to saw it, it looks like those pop up stories books for kids. I just thought of this type of image in vid games it would be the BOMB.

The bad thing is my others fam members said they got dizzy with the image. Looks like the 3D quality depend of how the image is formatted because not every display looks the same. Last week, I went again, and they had a FF display (don’t remember which but it wasn’t the 13) but it didn’t looked too WOW like the other samples (I don’t know if I am having visual issues).

I consider the TV is cheap, they sell it about 900$ thats means it doesn’t sell (well in the store), a bad sing.

So what about this image tech revolution?

what?

Replies:

TheRedKnight
308th Post

PSN: no
XBL: no
Wii: no

Bronze Customer

"Re(1):From HD, blue ray to 3D." , posted Wed 1 Jun 06:16post reply

You need these.

THE LEGEND OF THE STRONGEST FIGHTING LORD OF ALL TIME!

KTallguy
1319th Post

PSN: Hunter-KT
XBL: n/a
Wii: n/a

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(2):From HD, blue ray to 3D." , posted Wed 1 Jun 14:40post reply

I love BRD so I don't buy DVDs anymore.
3D is too expensive and not worth it yet. I think the glasses are annoying and buying another TV is also annoying. I also think that the majority of 3D film doesn't take advantage of it well enough. Avatar is a notable exception, regardless of the quality of the movie it was an amazing experience in 3D.

But yea HD movies are the only way now. Especially older films, it's amazing how great Blade Runner looks, and I can't wait for a Ghibli film collection on BRD.

Play to win... or to have fun too! :)

Oh my
25th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(2):From HD, blue ray to 3D." , posted Thu 2 Jun 02:57post reply

quote:
You need these.

: P WoW thanx for the recommendation. I laughed the first time I saw that commercial. Its just as stupid as the colgate 3D white thing. It so real you watch it in 3D. In the moment, i thought i lived in a 2D dementia, sorry i mean, dimension..

quote:
3D is too expensive and not worth it yet

Yeah, 3D needs a lot of improvement. That’s why I don’t spend money on it, for what? I watch cable and you tube and I don’t think I could watch them using a 3D TV.

Diack, Avatar, it was noticeable the only revolutionary thing it has was the graphics IN 3D. Without it, is just a FF10 movie with a mix of the discovery of America, you know, with the Spanish army and the gold thing. And for those types of stories I prefer to play Skies of Arcadia (the only reason I like pirates of the Caribbean 2 and 3).

Any way… erm, what is BRD?

what?

KTallguy
1322th Post

PSN: Hunter-KT
XBL: n/a
Wii: n/a

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(3):From HD, blue ray to 3D." , posted Thu 2 Jun 16:47post reply

BRD is my silly way of saying Blu-Ray Disk.

Play to win... or to have fun too! :)