Original message (1519 Views )

sfried
665th Post

user profileedit/delete message

PSN: n/a
XBL: n/a
Wii: 8963437745913552

Red Carpet Regular Member

"PC Fighting game recommendations (commercial)" , posted Fri 6 May 06:10post reply

Aside from free/doujin stuff like Vanguard Princess, Arm Joe, Melty Blood, or more contemporary commercial stuff like SFIV/SSFIVARC, would you think it is worth getting GGX2#Reload on GOG? I know it's already "outdated" and GG isn't really known for its singleplayer experience (plus I already have Accent Core for Wii), but I've heard Reaload is the only version with a story mode.

I find myself toying around with the Mayflash Wii USB adapter and TvC stick I just aquired, so I mostly find myself firing up VP just to pull of some moves, but one does has limits to tolerating huge amounts of overty moemoe stuff (As one would say: FUCK ARCANA HEART), so I was hoping to look for something more..."balanced" in terms of cast.

That said, Melty Blood would've also easily fit the bill if it were not for the fact that it is not commercially available outside Japan (hopefully GOG gets a clue).

Replies:

sibarraz
97th Post

XBL: sibarraz4life
Wii: n/a

Occasional Customer

"Re(1):PC Fighting game recommendations (comme" , posted Fri 6 May 09:12post reply

I don't know if it's considered commercial, but akatsuki blitzkampf is a very good game

sfried
666th Post

Wii: 8963437745913552

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(2):PC Fighting game recommendations (comme" , posted Fri 6 May 10:10post reply

quote:
I don't know if it's considered commercial, but akatsuki blitzkampf is a very good game

Too bad there's no official international release.

It's kinda amazing considering how even CAVE has a better chance of getting its games localized.

sibarraz
98th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(3):PC Fighting game recommendations (comme" , posted Fri 6 May 11:04post reply

quote:
Too bad there's no official international release.

It's kinda amazing considering how even CAVE has a better chance of getting its games localized.

Akatsuki is made by a very small company if I'm not wrong, Cave at this point has a bigger mileage

I always had thought that SNKP needs to publish more doujin game, there is still some household name value with SNKP and fighting games, it could give a good boost to those games and SNKP could publish more game that cost a dime

Toxico
5326th Post

PSN: Toxic-Baron

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):PC Fighting game recommendations (comme" , posted Fri 6 May 12:01post reply

quote:
would you think it is worth getting GGX2#Reload on GOG?

I remember GGXX#Reload had that stupid mission mode and that stupid 100 enemy survival for 1P experience, which offer the possibility of having your character raped by golden Dragon Install Ishiwatari over and over again.

I remember always hearing that there it was so much for the PC experience even if you don't want to go near the bald marine area, but whatever I was planning on naming when I pushed the reply button has suddenly banished from my silly evil head... In any event do yourself a favor and play Last Bronx and Fighting Force.

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・
Update 23 as of 25/10/10 (Temporary mega upload link).

Now sponsoring : video game analogies (ES)
Last update : Chapter 22 as of 10/01/11

sibarraz
99th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(2):PC Fighting game recommendations (comme" , posted Fri 6 May 13:41post reply

I had always wanted to play virtua fighter remix, and the neo geo games for pc just for morbid curiosity, I want to know if those has arranged music

Grave
1369th Post

PSN: Drakee
XBL: Mikelson

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(3):PC Fighting game recommendations (comme" , posted Fri 6 May 14:25post reply

quote:
I had always wanted to play virtua fighter remix, and the neo geo games for pc just for morbid curiosity, I want to know if those has arranged music

Pretty sure they did! I know for a fact that SS2 PC had redbook audio but I can't for the life of me remember what it sounded like. Of course, when I pirated it in the 90s it was just the game files, so I had to listen to whatever CDs I had on hand while I played~ I can't remember what the quality of the port was but I remember being blown away by it. Considering emulation wasn't what it is today and I think this was even some time before the PS port, it was really the only feasible way for me to get it at home and it was a hell of a lot more impressive than the SNES SS1 I was playing otherwise!

I did pick up the official US release of it many, many years later though. Didn't play the FF3 one though I remember seeing it at the local EB Games for the same budget price.

Spoon
2155th Post

"Re(3):PC Fighting game recommendations (comme" , posted Sat 7 May 01:50post reply

SSF4AE has been officially announced, but of course that means that it isn't actually out yet.

Blitzkampf is seriously a very decent fighting game, with interesting to play characters that sadly need more frames of animation and a little less recycling of their animation frames. The music is good, and there is a fun single player only mode!

One Must Fall 2097 is of course the best PC fighting game ever made.

Toxico
5328th Post

PSN: Toxic-Baron

"Re(4):PC Fighting game recommendations (comme" , posted Sat 7 May 02:34:post reply

quote:

One Must Fall 2097 is of course the best PC fighting game ever made.

Really? I'd said that the title for the best has some fearsome ~~~ challengers

edit : meat!

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・
Update 23 as of 25/10/10 (Temporary mega upload link).

Now sponsoring : video game analogies (ES)
Last update : Chapter 22 as of 10/01/11

[this message was edited by Toxico on Sat 7 May 02:47]