MvC3 : Waste of Thread - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (4149 Views )

Iggy
9235th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"MvC3 : Waste of Thread" , posted Tue 8 Mar 21:10post reply

To reboot the thread before it reaches 300 posts, let's rejoice! He's almost here, finally!

The other one is there as well, but I couldn't care less.

Replies:

Ishmael
4035th Post

PSN: Ishmael26b
XBL: n/a
Wii: n/a

"Re(1):MvC3 : Waste of Thread" , posted Tue 8 Mar 23:52post reply

Poor Jill still looks dull as dishwater. Hopping around and kicking people may be fine in another game but MvC3 already has plenty of characters who can do that in a much more flashy manner.

Shuma-Gorath, however, made the transition to 3D really well. I sort of miss having his voice be distorted beyond recognition but that's easy to overlook. This means I will finally have someone to add to my MODOK team.

Since MvC3 stores three pre-selected teams I feel obligated to fill the slots. Problem is, I haven't been able to do that yet. My first team is Ryu/Haggar/Morrigan where Ryu does the heavy lifting, Morrigan builds meter and Haggar hits people with a pipe. My second team of second-string characters is Taskmaster/Hsien-Ko/Tron. Oddly, this team wins more often than my team of Capcom heroes. I want my third team focused around MODOK but I haven't decided who to partner him with. So at the moment MODOK, much like the cheese, stands alone. With luck, Shuma-Gorath will be just the person/creature/thing to fill one of those empty slots.

Gieflos
41th Post

PSN: pooplos-z
XBL: PooplosZ

Rare Customer

"Re(2):MvC3 : Waste of Thread" , posted Wed 9 Mar 03:37post reply

quote:
My second team of second-string characters is Taskmaster/Hsien-Ko/Tron. Oddly, this team wins more often than my team of Capcom heroes.

A couple of my friends locally use this team subbing Tasky for Sentinel. They start with Hsien-Ko on point. Match starts, Dark Force super, immediately tag out, free assists for the rest of the match. My team of Morrigan, Haggar, Akuma has been hit or miss. I either plow through my opponent or I get decimated.

Pollyanna
3003th Post

PSN: Lilly_Dopamine

"Re(4):MvC3 : Waste of Thread" , posted Wed 9 Mar 08:22post reply

From the last thread...

quote:
My Arthur is here to cover up Haggar or Dormammu, not destroy by himself the entire opponent's team with just three moves. That's not how I'm going to improve.

When I play someone...not so awesome...I just take that time to learn a new character.

I'm unfortunately learning some bad habits through bad competition, though. For example, there's a particular strategy with Taskmaster I rely really heavily on. I finally played someone decent and found out that it was actually really easy to punish. Later, I was able to win against someone much better than me because they used the same strategy and had yet to learn that it was only effective on people who didn't know what they were doing.

quote:
A couple of my friends locally use this team subbing Tasky for Sentinel. They start with Hsien-Ko on point. Match starts, Dark Force super, immediately tag out, free assists for the rest of the match.

Ugh. Super armor assist and Sentinel. That must be horrible to deal with. I catch people doing the dark force thing from time to time, but none of them actually know how to use Leilei. Snap her back in and they completely screw up.

She Hulk is my wildly unpredictable character. I have to build a team around her so she can get across the screen. Also, she totally stinks for tag in supers. I keep thinking "surely the drop kick can reach that far..."

quote:

Poor Jill still looks dull as dishwater. Hopping around and kicking people may be fine in another game but MvC3 already has plenty of characters who can do that in a much more flashy manner.

I'm a Jill fan, so I'm happy to see her on some level, but she was a bad decision. Between Chris and Wesker, you really have everything covered. Also, too much Biohazard 5.

At least she has that Rider Kick super...

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

Maou
2164th Post

"Re(1):MvC3 : Waste of Thread" , posted Wed 9 Mar 13:16:post reply

quote:
To reboot the thread before it reaches 300 posts, let's rejoice! He's almost here, finally!
Man, every time I'm playing and I think of Shuma Gorath it reminds me of how much I only want to play as Shuma Gorath, maybe three to a team. Except possibly for
quote:
and Haggar hits people with a pipe.

Actually, while waiting for Shuma, I went and played 2 and was completely blown away by how many characters there used to be...the possibility of playing on a team with both Sakura and Shuma and a kobun/servbot makes 3 a tough sell even if I never really play Marvel to begin with and even though 3 is really pretty.

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

[this message was edited by Maou on Wed 9 Mar 13:17]

GekigangerV
1681th Post

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(2):MvC3 : Waste of Thread" , posted Wed 16 Mar 12:32post reply

quote:
To reboot the thread before it reaches 300 posts, let's rejoice! He's almost here, finally! Man, every time I'm playing and I think of Shuma Gorath it reminds me of how much I only want to play as Shuma Gorath, maybe three to a team. Except possibly for and Haggar hits people with a pipe.

Actually, while waiting for Shuma, I went and played 2 and was completely blown away by how many characters there used to be...the possibility of playing on a team with both Sakura and Shuma and a kobun/servbot makes 3 a tough sell even if I never really play Marvel to begin with and even though 3 is really pretty.

Downloaded my Shuma Gorath and Jill today and just did a quick run through in arcade mode with them. I think I will keep Shuma, dudes got some moves. Jill is almost a little too fast for me, but I will experiment later.

Maou
2167th Post

"IT'S SHUMA TUESDAY" , posted Wed 16 Mar 13:13post reply

ladies and gentlemen, it is Shuma Tuesday

I can't believe I forgot to herald this in time for most of the world, but it's still Tuesday somewhere! I asked a pal at Capcom if there was a massive gala planned for Shuma Day and was surprised to find this not to be the case. This is clearly the Event of the Year.

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

Gieflos
45th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(1):IT'S SHUMA TUESDAY" , posted Wed 16 Mar 16:24post reply

I can't wait to make my color coordinated team with Purple Shuma on point! I've been meaning to make an obligatory Sentinel team to fight off the hordes and this is a great excuse.

Ishmael
4039th Post

"Re(2):IT'S SHUMA TUESDAY" , posted Thu 17 Mar 00:50post reply

And what a lovely day it was! I had high hopes for Shuma and he didn't disappoint. From being one of the rare charge characters in MvC3 to his unique animation he's a most worthy addition to the roster. Finally, my MODOK team is starting to shape up.

I wasn't certain about Jill before release and after trying her I'm still not certain. Part of that comes from not knowing how to use her. When I first activated her lvl.3 super she simply scuttled around on the floor like some sort of bleach blonde bug. That was... different. Obviously she has some sort rush in combo style but what's not obvious to me right now is why I would pick her over X-23, C.Viper or any other character who is already doing that type of attack. The one thing that I immediately liked with her was her freeze frame portrait on the win screen. That blank, angry look combined with the mood ring bolted to her chest made me laugh every time I saw it.

badoor
177th Post

PSN: BadoorSNK
XBL: BadoorSNK

Regular Customer

"Re(3):IT'S SHUMA TUESDAY" , posted Thu 17 Mar 03:12post reply

quote:

I wasn't certain about Jill before release and after trying her I'm still not certain. Part of that comes from not knowing how to use her. When I first activated her lvl.3 super she simply scuttled around on the floor like some sort of bleach blonde bug.

Her lvl3 dash dash dash super seems pointless and ineffective to me. It also lacks a cool theme song.

I think Jill is just boring. In MvC2 she was far more exciting with her "helper" characters. Here she just has lame kick attacks. A double knee air attack? Flip kicks? Boring. And why would I bother with her other stance? Also, her air H and air S have the same exact animation.

But who cares, we have SHUMA.

Gieflos
46th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(4):IT'S SHUMA TUESDAY" , posted Fri 18 Mar 03:00post reply

After toying with Jill a little bit she seems to be one of the more technical of the cast. Her stance changes can be cancelled to extend combos and she has a couple potentially infinite loops. I can't get over that mug of her's on the results screen.

GekigangerV
1683th Post

"Events" , posted Mon 28 Mar 04:23post reply

I am sure most of you know by now that there are now "Events" in MvC3. If you haven't had a chance to check them out yet, they are pretty bland, I think some even overlap with trophies (more specifically the online events). I did a couple of the arcade mode ones and didn't feel like I accomplished anything special, more of a hassle than anything else.

There are only 17 or so now, but looking at the titles page, it looks like 50 are planned for now.

Spoon
2139th Post

"Re(1):Events" , posted Mon 28 Mar 04:40post reply

I miss the mode in the HnK PS2 port where you were tasked with recreating moments from the series in the game.

In Kenshiro vs. Jagi, almost anything that anybody does gives you credit.

Ishmael
4053th Post

"Re(1):Events" , posted Mon 28 Mar 06:36post reply

quote:
I am sure most of you know by now that there are now "Events" in MvC3. If you haven't had a chance to check them out yet, they are pretty bland, I think some even overlap with trophies (more specifically the online events). I did a couple of the arcade mode ones and didn't feel like I accomplished anything special, more of a hassle than anything else.

There are only 17 or so now, but looking at the titles page, it looks like 50 are planned for now.

I wasn't particularly impressed with the Event thing either. While the choices presented aren't that great there's really only so much you can do to add extra modes to a fighting game engine.

I wonder if they will add any more fights to the Shadow Mode? That mode has promise but I hope the next round of shades are a bit better at the game.

sibarraz
34th Post

PSN: n/a
XBL: sibarraz4life

Rare Customer

"Re(2):Events" , posted Mon 28 Mar 09:57post reply

quote:

I wasn't particularly impressed with the Event thing either. While the choices presented aren't that great there's really only so much you can do to add extra modes to a fighting game engine.

I wonder if they will add any more fights to the Shadow Mode? That mode has promise but I hope the next round of shades are a bit better at the game.

Challenge mode were very clever and funny, It's kinda sad to hear bad reviews of the event mode in lots of pages

Nobinobita
892th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"BEST Shuma combos" , posted Wed 30 Mar 16:30post reply

A good friend of mine has recently made a combo video for Shuma. As far as I know these are the highest damage combos Shuma combos known to youtube by a wide margin. He's tackled these combos with mathematical precision and virtuoso execution.

Check it out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtO5WGXO36U

This is my same buddy who wins all those Capcom art contests. You can see his kick ass portfolio here:

http://gammon.deviantart.com/

Special bonus for anyone who's gay for Miyavi (and who isn't? LIARS--that's who!):
http://gammon.deviantart.com/#/d3b30yh

If you got a minute, post a nice comment or two and tell him how swell he is and maybe I can finally convince him to get off his but and move to the west coast to seriously pursue a career in art! [/end rant]

www.art-eater.com

GekigangerV
1686th Post

"Re(1):BEST Shuma combos and two new events" , posted Thu 31 Mar 07:37post reply

Hmmm, thanks for the Shuma combos. i really want to add him to my team, but I am having problems timing the mystic ray to hit off the ground, which is a very important aspect of his game.

I really need to work on my team right now I have Haggar (who I just really want to have on my team) Taskmaster (who I can combo with rather well) and Sentinel (who is there as a last resort with X-factor (yeah I know its cheap, but its all I can do to finish off the team)). I am having problems controlling the screen with Haggar and Taskmaster especially against Dante and Deadpool.

So there are two new and actually interesting events. Arcade mode 1 on 1 and 2 on 2. These were actually kind of interesting. If capcom were to modify the rules a little bit (like take away X-Factor and drop the number of bars needed to activate Dark Phoenix and add 2 out of 3 rounds for 1 on 1) this could be an interesting way to play the game.

Gieflos
49th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(2):BEST Shuma combos and two new events" , posted Thu 31 Mar 10:25:post reply

Yeah, I just activated X-Factor at the beginning of every 1v1 match. Crossing my fingers for Big head mode, haha.

[this message was edited by Gieflos on Thu 31 Mar 10:31]

GekigangerV
1689th Post

"The April Fools joke 9 years ago . . ." , posted Sat 2 Apr 09:16:post reply

Old thread here

Funny to think back to then and the real game wouldn't come out for another decade.

[this message was edited by GekigangerV on Sat 2 Apr 09:18]

sibarraz
42th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(1):The April Fools joke 9 years ago . . ." , posted Tue 5 Apr 03:25post reply

After I month I finally had MVC3, very funny game, I love to use spiderman, he seems to be more worthy than previous entries, is he considered a decent character?

Pollyanna
3015th Post

"Re(2):The April Fools joke 9 years ago . . ." , posted Tue 5 Apr 09:25post reply

quote:
After I month I finally had MVC3, very funny game, I love to use spiderman, he seems to be more worthy than previous entries, is he considered a decent character?

He definitely isn't one of the best, but I feel like just about any character can be abused in some way. You're probably not aiming for pro level anyway, right?

Speaking of tiers and such, Sentinel still seems perfectly vicious, despite complaints about his nerf. I can understand the "it's too early to tell for sure" argument, but at present, he still seems to be top tier, just not in a tier of his own. If he had a less useful assist, maybe it would be a different story.

The new abusive thing to do seems to be Sentinel force assist combined with Taskmaster's spidey swing into spidey swing into throw/more Sentinel. I don't get angry at the people who do things like this, but I get angry at myself for being unable to stop it.

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

sibarraz
43th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(3):The April Fools joke 9 years ago . . ." , posted Tue 5 Apr 12:24post reply

quote:

He definitely isn't one of the best, but I feel like just about any character can be abused in some way. You're probably not aiming for pro level anyway, right?

Speaking of tiers and such, Sentinel still seems perfectly vicious, despite complaints about his nerf. I can understand the "it's too early to tell for sure" argument, but at present, he still seems to be top tier, just not in a tier of his own. If he had a less useful assist, maybe it would be a different story.

The new abusive thing to do seems to be Sentinel force assist combined with Taskmaster's spidey swing into spidey swing into throw/more Sentinel. I don't get angry at the people who do things like this, but I get angry at myself for being unable to stop it.

Thanks for the info, I don't know, I'm in a limbo between pro and casual level, but with university I don't had that much free time to train

It's weird how almost all my friends who are way better than me here are neets lol

Ishmael
4061th Post

"Re(3):The April Fools joke 9 years ago . . ." , posted Thu 7 Apr 01:29post reply

quote:

From what I've been able to tell MvC3 isn't about using the characters correctly but abusing the characters correctly. That's not a complaint since that philosophy seems to be what the game is designed around.

A few random MvC3 thoughts:

First, the nerf to Sentinel doesn't appear to make him any less potent, it simply fixed him so he's no longer stupidly difficult to kill. Since MvC3 is about inflicting constant damage a drop to his attack power would have done nothing but slow the pace of the match down to a crawl. That's Phoenix's job, not the job of the robot designed to anchor teams. Thanks to the change Sentinel is now a high damage character with a big hit box instead of being an SNK boss who somehow snuck into the regular roster.

Second, I think I may be done with playing against random people on-line. With the SF4 games I could watch other people play, view old matches and do other things that made me feel like I was engaging with a larger community. Not only was it was fun but it made me constantly think about and adjust the way I played the game. In contrast, a majority of the on-line MvC3 experience is bouncing title cards and an endlessly looping music track. Yes, I understand that there are unexpected technical hurdles that are holding that aspect of the game back. But when MvC3 isn't able to meet me halfway it makes it hard for me to get jazzed about playing against the world.

Ishmael
4062th Post

"Re(4):The April Fools joke 9 years ago . . ." , posted Thu 7 Apr 22:51post reply

To give credit where it is due, MODOK mode is as tiring, pointless and amazing as I hoped it would be.

GekigangerV
1692th Post

"Re(5):The April Fools joke 9 years ago . . ." , posted Fri 15 Apr 11:26post reply

I think I am starting to hit my stride in this game, but I also think I am starting to tire of the players online. It has been a veritable gauntlet of Weskers, Datnes, Zeros and She-Hulks with that invincible Tron assist. For the most part I am not having problems with them, but its getting really boring fighting them.

I finally hit 5th lord today which I swear took me 70 wins to do (I am around 200-85 now). This very may well be the first game I get a platinum trophy in if I can find someone ranked above 1st, but I think I have to get into the next class grouping which may take me quite a while to do. The ranking system seems really weird too, I swear I saw a guy who was 800-20 and was only a 6th lord, but I guess that may be because he rage quits.

I am having problems stinging together win steaks greater than 5 now. I was fortunate the 10 win streak event was the first event I did because I have only been able to do it twice.

I am also fortunate to not run across many rage quitters. I only got one piece of hate mail from my nearly 300 matches.

I am not sure how much longer this game can keep my interests, especially since MK9 is around the corner.

Mozex
428th Post

PSN: Mozex

Gold Customer

"Re(6):The April Fools joke 9 years ago . . ." , posted Sat 16 Apr 08:29post reply

I finally got this game. PSN Mozex if you want to play weekday nights.

I'm still pretty terrible at this point I feel like I could hold my own in the Vs games up to MvC1 but I completely lost any competitive ability with MvC2. So far I'm liking 3 more than 2 primarily because it's less chaotic. I also like the new cast of Marvel characters, but I miss Blackheart and I feel like I'm cheating on my meaty-meat-bag team with no Zangief.

Be kind to goblins.

exodus
4240th Post

"Re(7):The April Fools joke 9 years ago . . ." , posted Wed 20 Apr 09:49post reply

I actually finally bought this! I don't hate it too much, but I'll be damned if I can visually parse what's going on.

I mostly just like the clicky stick PDP made!

Shin ATproof
1263th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(8):The April Fools joke 9 years ago . . ." , posted Wed 20 Apr 18:38post reply

Trying to like this game but it's really, really hard when I'm not drunk or high.

Online is garbage but local is good for some laughs. I'm glad it was given to me but I don't think I'd enjoy paying for it.

Fact: Everything with Norio Wakamoto and/or JAM Project is awesome.
Sí mon con langosta y camarón!

GekigangerV
1696th Post

"Re(9):The April Fools joke 9 years ago . . ." , posted Thu 28 Apr 23:51post reply

So I guess Capcom thought it would be a great idea to lock out ALL the content of online mode if you aren't signed into PSN.

So I can't play the Arcade events (the one-man/two-man teams/MODOK assault) or the free shadow pack.

Pretty damn silly if you ask me.

Mozex
429th Post

PSN: Mozex

Gold Customer

"Getting old sucks" , posted Fri 29 Apr 06:53post reply

quote:
I actually finally bought this! I don't hate it too much, but I'll be damned if I can visually parse what's going on.

I have this problem as well. In the past it's been an issue for me in Chun Li's stage in SFA2. The older I get the worse my reaction time gets and the harder it is for me to track the action. It sucks.

Be kind to goblins.

sibarraz
86th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(10):The April Fools joke 9 years ago . . " , posted Fri 29 Apr 07:26post reply

quote:
So I guess Capcom thought it would be a great idea to lock out ALL the content of online mode if you aren't signed into PSN.

So I can't play the Arcade events (the one-man/two-man teams/MODOK assault) or the free shadow pack.

Pretty damn silly if you ask me.

It seems that one friend of mine can't play anything since he turned off his console with one event in mode on

Grave
1408th Post

PSN: Drakee
XBL: Mikelson

"is mahvel again baybee" , posted Wed 16 Nov 15:27post reply

Did we have another thread for UMvC3? I don't know. I don't really care. Who got it?! I got mine this afternoon, I saw Polly playing for a little while I think, and a buddy of mine and mbisonhatclub's picked it up too. Played a bunch of offline and some matches with him earlier.

I wasn't a terribly good MvC3 player and I didn't get too deep into learning anything beyond casual play, so a lot of the game's balance changes are lost on me other than gut feelings I get about how some things work. A lot of moves definitely seem to have different properties, and some characters have been totally overhauled - Ryu, for instance, is actually interesting now! On par with MvC1 Ryu, even! Weird.

I'm completely enamored with the new characters. I thought they were great picks before we even saw them in action, and now that I'm playing with them I like them even more. Phoenix Wright is so much fun. I'm a little bit disappointed in Ghost Rider, but not enough that I won't force myself to play him. Firebrand is wonderful too.

Impressions? LET'S TALK ABOUT THIS.

Pollyanna
3142th Post

"Re(1):is mahvel again baybee" , posted Wed 16 Nov 16:45post reply

quote:

I don't remember how to play! I LOST EVERYTHING!! My goal is to have at least one combo with every character I use that ISN'T LMHS, j. MMHS. Urgh...this could take days.

I'm glad I don't have to feel guilty about using Phoenix anymore, but I have a feeling that being good with Naruhodo is going to be an uphill battle that I'll never win.

Oh, and I thought the opening was surprisingly cool.

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

Evenor
753th Post

PSN: missantroop

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(1):is mahvel again baybee" , posted Wed 16 Nov 17:17post reply

quote:
Did we have another thread for UMvC3? I don't know. I don't really care. Who got it?! I got mine this afternoon, I saw Polly playing for a little while I think, and a buddy of mine and mbisonhatclub's picked it up too. Played a bunch of offline and some matches with him earlier.

I wasn't a terribly good MvC3 player and I didn't get too deep into learning anything beyond casual play, so a lot of the game's balance changes are lost on me other than gut feelings I get about how some things work. A lot of moves definitely seem to have different properties, and some characters have been totally overhauled - Ryu, for instance, is actually interesting now! On par with MvC1 Ryu, even! Weird.

I'm completely enamored with the new characters. I thought they were great picks before we even saw them in action, and now that I'm playing with them I like them even more. Phoenix Wright is so much fun. I'm a little bit disappointed in Ghost Rider, but not enough that I won't force myself to play him. Firebrand is wonderful too.

I am really tempted to go out and buy UMVC3 but I'm still bitter about there not being a DLC option(MVC3= 10 yrs of waiting,UMVC3= 10 months lol). Out of the new characters, I would really like to mess around with Hawkeye,Nova, and Dr.strange. I welcome the balance changes even though some characters who needed nerfs weren't even touched (Spencer). Felicia looks like a blast to play and I will probably pick this game up when it's cheaper/I'm sick of KOFXIII

drink from me and live forever

mbisonhatclub
400th Post

PSN: hadoolket

Gold Customer

"Re(2):is mahvel again baybee" , posted Wed 16 Nov 19:13post reply

quote:
I am really tempted to go out and buy UMVC3 but I'm still bitter about there not being a DLC option(MVC3= 10 yrs of waiting,UMVC3= 10 months lol).
I'm just upset that they did this instead of held off on releasing MvC3 in the first place. All people have to say is "if they had put the new characters up as DLC, we'd be paying 12 * 5 = 60 dollars instead of 40 dollars!!!!" Except if they held off on it until they had the content that equated to UMvC3 (or even, its later iteration to come, UMvC3AE2k12), people wouldn't have had to pay the initial 60 dollars on top of the 40 dollars extra in the first place, because it'd all be on one disc save for the two already-set DLC characters, Shuma and Jill, so instead you'd pay maybe 60-70 dollars only. Don't try and tell me they'd charge nearly 50 * 5 dollars as the minimal price for that version of (U)MvC3 because as you can see, they don't really have a problem charging only a mere 40 for a standalone version of that very same content. It's a great bargain for those who didn't buy the original game, but it leaves a sting in my own mouth since I got vanilla and didn't really enjoy it much--I guess it didn't really help that I wasn't originally a fan of Mahvel, though.

join the m.bison hat club today
i'm not just the president i'm also a client

Iggy
9305th Post

"Re(3):is mahvel again baybee" , posted Wed 16 Nov 21:03post reply

I'm still upset that people think videogames are still a profitable business and huge games can be developed for years and just be sold at the end for a bargain price with AAA quality, without intermediate beta versions.
Or, in the precise case of Marvel, that it's easy for any company to work with any other company, especially when Company B is a huge IP behemoth that has dozens of projects side to side and looks at the slightest change of tone in the yellow on the hat of character XYZ as a breach of contract. I know, I am part of one of these behemoths, and it's delightful to shit in someone's hard work by saying "how come you have put the logo of my product slightly on the left of this panel? This is unacceptable. How many times have I told you it should be 5% on the right? You didn't receive any email about this? You don't have the time to rework it on time? I-don't-even-care <3".

As for Ultimate, I'm also upset that one of the problems I had in Vanilla is getting even worse: there are just too many characters I want to play as. I feel like a wealthy kid in a candy store that realises that he only has one mouth for all these candies.
Not only do I want to play as all the new guys (except maybe Hawkeye, I don't really feel him), but my old characters are still here, some characters I had dropped get some interesting buffs (Haggar, I'm sorry I left you, I'm sure we can work it all over), and even characters I didn't care about get these amazing costumes that make me want to play them. It's the first game I feel like playing Gôki in decades, and I didn't even like MSFvsSF! And I don't care about Marvel characters at all, yet I want to play half of them...

This games makes me want to be a brain in a tube, so I could focus on it without being bothered by anything such as love, food, sleep, work, or Oreshika and Basara3.
Damn it, I really like the PSP Oreshika.

mbisonhatclub
402th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(4):is mahvel again baybee" , posted Wed 16 Nov 22:25post reply

Having too much is better than not enough. I feel that way about KOFXIII, even without NFT, but I think that actually gives way to increasing the personal value of a product, and when you're playing in lobbies, you can actually sport variety without chagrinning because you actually enjoy playing an assortment of characters.

Honestly, I couldn't tell if you were referring to my comment when talking about asking companies to sell games like MvC3 for bargain bin prices or if you were referring to Marvel taking things for granted with its attempt to capitalize on Capcom's reputation as a big league developer and notoriety for its Mahvel games to promote/advertise Marvel's IP so people buy more Marvel merchandise and Marvel children's trading cards. Personally, I'm not interested in paying nearly double for a game when I didn't even enjoy the first iteration so I've simply opted out of buying this version. I'm only saying they should have held off MvC3's release until they had UMvC3's content and I would have been fine with 70 or 80 dollars then--granted, that is Marvel Ent.'s fault because they pushed for the release apparently? Kind of weird that they somehow inserted a contract clause that allowed Marvel Entertainment to micromanage not only the roster but also the scheduling. Call me anti-corporate but I don't have the interest in condoning that kind of business practice.

I'll be amazed when they give Hsienko back the ability to cancel out of pendulum, because that was part of made her a solid character in VS with her pressure options. Aside from the fact that she actually wasn't as slow as she is in MvC3.

Iggy
9306th Post

"Re(5):is mahvel again baybee" , posted Thu 17 Nov 00:18post reply

I'm actually very happy the NFT is not in KOFXIII: that way I feel slightly less bad about leaving the game for later... Damn.

I was not referring specifically to your comment, but to the general negative feedback about releasing UMvC 6 month later.
Which, of course, as a customer, I fully understand. But as a part of an evil corporation myself, when you see the amount of money, and even worse, the number of different egomaniacs you have to get to work together to finish any kind of big scale product, to which you must add something pretty new, the insane hunger of the shareholder who are going to kill anyone who's doing something good for the company in the long term if it means less money at the end of this particular fiscal year...
Yeah, it makes me put things in perspective.

Funny you mention Marvel's children playing card. Muahahaha, the amount of overpriced shit you can sell to people when you set up a strong IP... And on the other side, without that kind of thing, you cannot really build up anything remotely AAA, as not having overpriced shit backing up your main product would just be suicide at the slightest drawback.
So... yeah, sucks to live in the 2010's. It probably won't last long anyway.

And then, of course, you have Mario made by a team of 30 talented people working less than 2 years to finish a product that would sell 5 to 10 times more than MvC3 (or, really, most any other games) in the long run.

Back to Leilei... I would really, really like a Tenraiha where the balls stay long enough to allow Leilei to put real pressure/self unblockables. Make it cost 3 bars, I don't care, if Felicia can have her Kitty helper, why can't Leilei have a real Tenraiha? Using this move as a simple combo finisher/OTG is such a waste...
I'm still unsure whether Morrigan's buffs can balance the loss of guard during airdashes. At least, with my low execution level, things have become quite complicated.

Have we talked about Amaterasu's Gallon outfit? Or about Shuma's multiple eyeballs? That's pretty amazingly awesome. And Skeleton Arthur too, and.... raaah.

mbisonhatclub
403th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(6):is mahvel again baybee" , posted Thu 17 Nov 01:00post reply

As I was saying, even without NFT, I can settle with the roster and still have a lot of characters I want to use. I would want them to show up in a dream match, but I can't expect it if they'd be only one-time-only sprites and it'd be silly to ask SNKP guys to make sprite sets for characters who appear only in one game ever--that is, of course, unless they start planning NGBC2 and reuse sprites there. Or they do some kind of storyline reset in KOF.

quote:
Funny you mention Marvel's children playing card.
Uh, I was actually joking, I didn't think they actually existed

One time I got so trollish with Tenraiha in Vampire Savior that I spammed it one after another using up nearly all of my stocks and the guy I played against in that mirror match was really angry with me about that, and I just lol'd.

GekigangerV
1726th Post

PSN: gekijmo

"Re(7):is mahvel again baybee" , posted Tue 22 Nov 00:40post reply

Got this game and the guide the other day. Haven't had any online experience yet, but just wanted to run through arcade and mission mode with some of the new characters.

I really like the new characters, but it sure does take quite a bit of work to do anything with Rocket or Wright.

Is it just me or is the dragon punch motion a bit trickier to get out now? I was just practicing my Haggar reset and I kept on getting violent axe instead of hoodlum launcher. I never really had that problem before.

Pollyanna
3145th Post

"Re(8):is mahvel again baybee" , posted Tue 22 Nov 08:45post reply

quote:
I really like the new characters, but it sure does take quite a bit of work to do anything with Rocket or Wright.

Getting evidence is no problem for me...there's plenty of tactics you can use, but hitting with the objection is difficult. I can't come up with anything reliable to make that work. I can't even come up with a game plan, other than spamming evidence projectiles until my opponent gets sloppy trying to jump in.

quote:
Is it just me or is the dragon punch motion a bit trickier to get out now? I was just practicing my Haggar reset and I kept on getting violent axe instead of hoodlum launcher. I never really had that problem before.

I have never had a problem with basic commands in any game before, and DPs give me trouble in this one. Especially from the left. I had a very mild difficulty with it in the last game, and so did most of my friends. In this one, it's developed into a larger problem. I wouldn't say I'm any GOOD at fighting games, but for someone who's played so long, this is a huge irritation.

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

Grave
1413th Post

PSN: Drakee
XBL: Mikelson

"First DLC releases are here. Dammit Capcom!" , posted Wed 23 Nov 13:28post reply

As in, "dammit, why are these so good?!"

I never mind paying for fighting game DLC as long as they make it worth my while. I thought the BBCS characters were fairly priced and I think Capcom did a good job (for once) with the 3S music pricing. So, what about the UMvC3 costumes, since there are so many of them...?

THEY. ARE. AMAZING.

The Rising Dead pack is winners all across the board. 90's Jean Grey is absolutely fantastic looking, no-coat Nemesis is terrifying, Frank West in the MM outfit is trolltastic and Ghost Rider 2099, even though I won't use him over the original, looks really, really damn good!

The Evil Twin pack, which I didn't think was supposed to be out today, is kinda hit and miss. Cablepool is kinda funny, I guess... sort of... I dunno. Don't care. Same with Vergil's outfit, I'm not too concerned. But Lin-Lin was a must buy, and more importantly: SCARLET FUCKING SPIDER. I've wanted to see this in the vs. games for about as long as I wanted to see Ghost Rider in them, so: yup. Here's my money. Let's go.

I know the same people who won't pick up UMvC3 are probably rolling their eyes about me gushing over DLC, but when Capcom does fanservice right, they hit it out the park and a whole ton of care has been put into these costumes. Very enjoyable stuff IMO.

Megane
550th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(1):First DLC releases are here. Dammit Cap" , posted Wed 23 Nov 21:41post reply

quote:
[...] and more importantly: SCARLET FUCKING SPIDER.

Good man. *internet fistbump*

PSN:BlakeMaxwell3