user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Tangled" , posted Thu 2 Dec 11:55post reply

quote:
Tangled.
Surprisingly good.
Beautiful to boot.
Go see it!

Tell us more! Also, your presence is requested in the Harry Potter animation thread.

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

Ishmael
4124th Post

user profileedit/delete message

PSN: Ishmael26b
XBL: n/a
Wii: n/a

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(2):Tangled" , posted Tue 14 Jun 02:34post reply

Out of all the threads to bump back to the top of the page...

It took me months to get around to it but I finally watched Tangled and, whaddya know, it was pretty good! I really admire the creators were willing to make an entire CGI movie based around hair. After playing far too many games where hair looks like greasy straw it was nice to see an entire movie full of conditioned hair full of heft and bounce. Even better, the hair didn't clip through Rapunzel's shoulders so she has one up on the DoA girls.

While I did like the Blu-Ray version of the film I watched, I did wonder if I missed something by not seeing the film in 3D. Most of the film looked fine in 2D but that lantern scene might have looked nice with added depth.

I only thought about this lack of 3D because I recently watched Resident Evil: Afterlife. Unlike Tangled, it's not a good movie but it is one of the most aggressively 3D movies I've seen in some time. The movie is a constant stream of zombies jumping out of nowhere, people poking sticks at the camera, and every other cheap 3D trick in the book. Not having the 3D with the theatrics added a different bit of fun to the proceedings. I don't know if I would have enjoyed RE:Afterlife -as much as one can enjoy a RE movie- more as a 3D movie or as a 2D film that thought it was more impressive than it actually was.