Going on a trip to France! - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1462 Views )

sfried
568th Post

user profileedit/delete message

New Red Carpet Member

"Going on a trip to France!" , posted Fri 24 Sep 17:07post reply

Hey guys, I'm going to Paris tomorrow (actually today), and I was wondering, adide from the museums, what other places should I check out?

I've heard many good things about Bande dessinée so hopefully someone could give me some good recommendations.

Replies:

Iggy
9180th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Going on a trip to France!" , posted Fri 24 Sep 19:57post reply

Errrr.... That's a bit vague. There's a lot of things to do in Paris, a lot of crap not to do, and I have no idea what's happening outside of the first 12 districts of Paris.

Could you be more specific about what you would be interested on seeing/viewing?

Out of my head, thousands of art cinema at every corner of the 5th district, delicious chocolate, the best rhum place in the world... On the 2nd of October, there's the special event of the Nuit Blanche, with lots of free cultural events and buildings open for free for the whole night. The castle of Vaux le Vicomte is probably still doing the Grand Siècle illuminations by now (according to the weather)...

nobinobita
816th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(1):Going on a trip to France!" , posted Sat 25 Sep 06:03post reply

quote:
Hey guys, I'm going to Paris tomorrow (actually today), and I was wondering, adide from the museums, what other places should I check out?

I've heard many good things about Bande dessinée so hopefully someone could give me some good recommendations.

He's not French, but keep an eye out for anything by Enrique Fernandez!

http://enriquefernandez0.blogspot.com/

www.art-eater.com

sfried
569th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(2):Going on a trip to France!" , posted Tue 28 Sep 17:18post reply

quote:

He's not French, but keep an eye out for anything by Enrique Fernandez!

http://enriquefernandez0.blogspot.com/

Thanks guys. I just got myself a whole bunch of Spirou. I did manage to find Le Scorpion but it wasn't in a collection.

sfried
571th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Bande dessinée" , posted Wed 29 Sep 09:32:post reply

Speaking of which, I couldn't find a single Enrique Fernandez comic while I was in Paris, or perhaps I might have glazed over it. I saw tons in Album, but despite that I did manage to see some SkyDoll figures.

I feel I might might need to return here some day, once I've learned French of course.

[this message was edited by sfried on Wed 29 Sep 09:52]