Damn, I look good! - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1873 Views )

justicekyo
714th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Damn, I look good!" , posted Mon 6 Sep 13:40post reply

I'm still shocked over this... is this some kind of bizzaro world? oh btw there should be duke nukem icon or post or something..

Replies:

Megane
500th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(1):Damn, I look good!" , posted Mon 6 Sep 15:15post reply

quote:
I'm still shocked over this... is this some kind of bizzaro world? oh btw there should be duke nukem icon or post or something..

I've heard that Pitchford mentioned giving something to those guys with the oldest preorder receipts. The dude with the 2005 Gamestop preorder one better get something good.

I haven't played any Duke Nukem at all, but I'll be buying this. It's like history or something.

Also:
http://duke.a-13.net/

PSN:BlakeMaxwell3

Ishmael
3876th Post

PSN: Ishmael26b
XBL: n/a
Wii: n/a

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(2):Damn, I look good!" , posted Tue 7 Sep 00:19post reply

quote:
I haven't played any Duke Nukem at all, but I'll be buying this. It's like history or something.

I feel the same way. Even though I have no interest in the game I feel the urge to buy it just to be in on the joke.

justicekyo
715th Post

"Re(2):Damn, I look good!" , posted Sat 11 Sep 15:23post reply

quote:

I've heard that Pitchford mentioned giving something to those guys with the oldest preorder receipts. The dude with the 2005 Gamestop preorder one better get something good.

Also:
http://duke.a-13.net/

]

i had a 1998 pre-order ticket... but can't find it now grr.. <.<

Burning Ranger
1668th Post

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(1):Damn, I look good!" , posted Sun 12 Sep 09:35post reply

quote:

I played Duke Nukem 3D back in the late 90s. I don't think I ever completed the full game though, or I might have, but can't remember. Back then, it was insanely awesome for it's style and irreverent humor. Graphically, it was outdone by Quake and the next gen 3D games of the time.

Looking back, I am glad DNF will finally be released. I'll hold judgement until I actually play the game...

So much to do so little time...

KTallguy
1254th Post

PSN: Hunter-KT

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(2):Damn, I look good!" , posted Sun 12 Sep 20:12post reply

I think that even if it's a complete retread, the humor will lift it above and beyond most of the games out there now.

Bonus if it does something special but I'm not really expecting it. If anything it will be more of a throwback, or a
Call of Duty clone with more silliness. But you can already kick an eyeball through goalposts at an American football game, so I guess they're going the right direction for the humor bit?

Play to win... or to have fun too! :)

justicekyo
716th Post

"Re(3):Damn, I look good!" , posted Mon 13 Sep 08:08post reply

quote:
I think that even if it's a complete retread, the humor will lift it above and beyond most of the games out there now.

Bonus if it does something special but I'm not really expecting it. If anything it will be more of a throwback, or a
Call of Duty clone with more silliness. But you can already kick an eyeball through goalposts at an American football game, so I guess they're going the right direction for the humor bit?

Yeah, DNF will most likely be a throw back to simpler times.. but it'll be refreshing in a sea of Call of Duty clones.. I miss that "one man army" bit in FPS games, to be honest.

Maou
2062th Post

"are YOU serious?" , posted Mon 13 Sep 08:20:post reply

While Duke Nukem was always too stupid to be taken seriously and I desperately hope that this new annoucement too will be infitinely delayed to preserve the decade-long joke, I am infinitely delighted that Croteam should have us a Serious Sam 3 by next year or so. I always thought Serious Sam worked well as a vision for what Duke Nukem 3D would have been like if it were actually fun and/or funny.

I own the shirt that Serious Sam wears. Best thing I ever bought.

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

[this message was edited by Maou on Mon 13 Sep 08:39]

Loona
339th Post

PSN: IkariLoona

Bronze Customer

"Re(2):Damn, I look good!" , posted Mon 13 Sep 18:11post reply

quote:

I played Duke Nukem 3D back in the late 90s. I don't think I ever completed the full game though, or I might have, but can't remember. Back then, it was insanely awesome for it's style and irreverent humor. Graphically, it was outdone by Quake and the next gen 3D games of the time.

Iplayed it back then and enjoyed the humor and interesting weapons - I'm not too into FPSs, so I don't know if the interestin weapon variations Duke had back then, like the pipe bombs you could place then trigger somewhere else in a stage, even through a teleporter, the shrink ray or those traps things you could stick to wall have also been used in other games or as well.
It was a fun game to go throuh using an invincibility cheat, in the very least, due to all there was to see and do - I hope the sequel it'll hold up nicely in these days when people that grew up with Quake and Doom are making their own FPS blockbusters...

"Beat the machine that works in your head!" - Guano Apes "Open Your Eyes"

Mokona
486th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(3):Damn, I look good!" , posted Wed 15 Sep 01:38post reply

quote:

I don't know if the interestin weapon variations Duke had back then, like the pipe bombs you could place then trigger somewhere else in a stage, even through a teleporter, the shrink ray or those traps things you could stick to wall have also been used in other games or as well.

Best LAN moments of my youth:
1) Place Pipe-bomb
2) Go to video surveillance screen and wait
3) When poor opponent arrives in the room, detonate (and listen to him cursing)
4) fun times!

This was a definite blast to play with friends during high school (that and Carmageddon, which, at the time, was incredible) So many great memories.

Blah!

Spoon
2001th Post

"Re(1):are YOU serious?" , posted Wed 15 Sep 11:48post reply

quote:
While Duke Nukem was always too stupid to be taken seriously and I desperately hope that this new annoucement too will be infitinely delayed to preserve the decade-long joke, I am infinitely delighted that Croteam should have us a Serious Sam 3 by next year or so. I always thought Serious Sam worked well as a vision for what Duke Nukem 3D would have been like if it were actually fun and/or funny.

I own the shirt that Serious Sam wears. Best thing I ever bought.

While I can't say I enjoyed DN3D as much as I enjoyed Serious Sam, DN3D's gameplay is marveously featured. Where Quake's main claim was lunatic bomb jumping, DN3D simply had so much going on; trip bombs, remote bombs, remote cameras, a melee attack independant of your current weapon... it just goes on and on. In terms of sheer amount of stuff that they tried to cram into the game, it reminds me of the old Looking Glass games like System Shock (the first one). I'm not sure if all of it was thoroughly thoughtful, but it was certainly far more thoughtful than the image its tough guy hero presented.