Let's Guess! What's next new title for SNKP? - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (2741 Views )

kofoguz
862th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Let's Guess! What's next new title for SNKP?" , posted Wed 4 Aug 08:38post reply

Its been a while I post a new thread, and we play a game in cafe but with KoF XIII suprising power to make front page updated after five years, and and delicious blog that named "art-eater" made me want to be alive in the cafe so I'm asking you guys to speculate.

KOF XIII is out probably they're going to be busy with console port. NG:US is also out for PSP so now there's no new title for future just right now.

So what will they announce next?
The new announcement is going to be....
.... a new samurai spirits!
....a new metal slug!
... a new KoF MI!
... a MOTW sequel!
....Surprise! An AOF sequel!
... a new collection!
.... Finally NGBC 2!
.... Ash Saga :UM with old style?
....a new witch touching game!

Replies:

HAYATO
994th Post

"Re(1):Let's Guess! What's next new title for " , posted Wed 4 Aug 08:44post reply

Eeerrrrrr.... KOF XIV, perhaps?

jUAN
4540th Post

PSN: Buttermonster
XBL: Prepaidpenguin
Wii: rofl

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Let's Guess! What's next new title for " , posted Wed 4 Aug 08:46post reply

quote:

Company closure announcement and a letter of apology.

oh wait

kofoguz
863th Post

"Re(2):Let's Guess! What's next new title for" , posted Wed 4 Aug 09:00post reply

quote:

oh wait

Darn! You see my denial too soon! You're no fun!

Gojira
2639th Post

PSN: Gojira_X
XBL: Gojiraaa
Wii: 80085

"Re(3):Let's Guess! What's next new title for" , posted Wed 4 Aug 10:14post reply

Days of Memories: Pet Edition starring Poppy, Anton, Mamahaha, Paku Paku, Itokatsu, and Chample

shipoopi

karasu99
402th Post

PSN: robotchris
XBL: robotchris
Wii: n/a

Gold Customer

"Re(4):Let's Guess! What's next new title for" , posted Wed 4 Aug 10:44post reply

Erm, I wish I felt like the next game would be something unusual or surprising (or the real outlier, something amazing). Really, though, Sky Stage was a surprise (even though it's a weird one) so I guess anything is possible. And XIII came out really well!

Toxico
5096th Post

"Re(4):Let's Guess! What's next new title for" , posted Wed 4 Aug 10:58:post reply

quote:
Days of Memories: Pet Edition starring Poppy, Anton, Mamahaha, Paku Paku, Itokatsu, and Chample

Not if swimming suit Athena has something to say about that!

If anything, I certainly question SNK's ability to pull out more than a big production game a year (I can already imagine some of the staff from XIII taking doctor recommended stress free vacations on Nona's lounge)... What I would certainly would like to see is them trying their luck with virtual console / psn / xbald live exclusive games. Perhaps some remakes from classic no neo geo franchise like Prehistoric Isle... Those projects are certainly cheap budget and do more or less fit with the current SNK list of "small, no bombing consequence" side projects ideas....

.... Now the thing is that to make those cheap remakes extremely cheap, cheap non horrendous 3D techniques are required.... And SNK doesn't has any of that (not 3D techniques, nor cheap)(Where is Yumekobo when you need them! har har * stares corpse *).

Expecting more games at 2.5D is just... disheartening and bad for the soul

A new unlimited match game sounds like a cheap idea but.... Didn't XI already had everyone present on the saga minus a few guys and the bosses? It already feels whishwashed, har har

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・
Update 22 as of 27/08/10 (Temporary mega upload link).

Now sponsoring : video game analogies (ES)
Last update : Chapter 18 as of 02/07/10

[this message was edited by Toxico on Wed 4 Aug 11:16]

sfried
551th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(1):Let's Guess! What's next new title for " , posted Wed 4 Aug 12:16post reply

Knowing SNK, it would most likely be Doki Doki Majou Shinpan 3DS.

Mokona
484th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(2):Let's Guess! What's next new title for" , posted Wed 4 Aug 23:49post reply

quote:
Knowing SNK, it would most likely be Doki Doki Majou Shinpan 3DS.

Nice perspicacity!
Instant cash cow.

Blah!

Iggy
9160th Post

"Re(3):Let's Guess! What's next new title for" , posted Thu 5 Aug 01:54:post reply

quote:
I am NOT making this up.

And I prove it.

[this message was edited by Iggy on Thu 5 Aug 20:50]

kofoguz
864th Post

"Re(5):Let's Guess! What's next new title for" , posted Thu 5 Aug 03:54post reply

quote:
Erm, I wish I felt like the next game would be something unusual or surprising (or the real outlier, something amazing). Really, though, Sky Stage was a surprise (even though it's a weird one) so I guess anything is possible. And XIII came out really well!

Yes, I would like that very much. But the thing is I think a new metal slug is more likely, cause IIRC there was a new HD metal slug rumour was on the netz.

Ishmael
3857th Post

PSN: Ishmael26b
XBL: n/a

"Re(4):Let's Guess! What's next new title for" , posted Sat 7 Aug 01:02post reply

quote:
I am NOT making this up.
And I prove it.

What is this? Oh, wait, here's an article about this latest Nippon Ichi game in English.

What is this?

Nobinobita
781th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(5):Let's Guess! What's next new title for" , posted Sat 7 Aug 01:25post reply

quote:
I am NOT making this up.
And I prove it.

What is this? Oh, wait, here's an article about this latest Nippon Ichi game in English.

What is this?

That game's obviously over the top pandering and sleazy and embarassing. But isn't it aware of all that? It seems like it's pretty tongue in cheek. Or at least cheeky.

I figure their thinking is thus:

"Damn we need money. Let's make something that'll be an instant hit with the Otakus, and so over the top that everyone else will talk about it, give us free word of mouth and drive search engine results as North American bloggers and news sites gossip about how zany it is!"

www.art-eater.com

sfried
552th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(6):Let's Guess! What's next new title for" , posted Sat 7 Aug 02:26post reply

quote:
I am NOT making this up.
And I prove it.

What is this?

That game's obviously over the top pandering and sleazy and embarassing. But isn't it aware of all that? It seems like it's pretty tongue in cheek. Or at least cheeky.

I figure their thinking is thus:

"Damn we need money. Let's make something that'll be an instant hit with the Otakus, and so over the top that everyone else will talk about it, give us free word of mouth and drive search engine results as North American bloggers and news sites gossip about how zany it is!"

I admire your persistence to defend N1, but it's quite obvious with Dimple, Ninja Studio, and now Flight Plan gone, most small-time developers are hedging on safer bets, which kills the creativity of the industry (yeah, I know, different industry but same priciple when it regards to pandering to otaku crowd).

Hagen de Merak
1068th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(2):Let's Guess! What's next new title for" , posted Sat 7 Aug 02:44post reply

quote:
Eeerrrrrr.... KOF XIV, perhaps?

pretty much.

mbisonhatclub
195th Post

PSN: hadoolket

Regular Customer

"Re(7):Let's Guess! What's next new title for" , posted Sat 7 Aug 03:57post reply

quote:
...which kills the creativity of the industry
The quip about subcontracted animation just leads me to this uguuly example of fine, high quality "Japanese" animation

join the m.bison hat club today
i'm not just the president i'm also a client

Abster
360th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(7):Let's Guess! What's next new title for" , posted Sat 7 Aug 12:23:post reply

A company nearly loses all of its profits, cans several games in development and falls into panic mode where their last ditch effort to stay alive was to pull a Valis X? This sounds much like another company I heard bite the dust recently...

(Ok maybe it's not hardcore hentai, but the intention is for the sexual exploitation of its characters which is close enough.)

As for the topic at hand, I hope it's a new Samurai Spirits that at least tries to get rid of the filth SNKP put there from the last two titles they made.

[this message was edited by Abster on Sat 7 Aug 12:25]

Zepy
1559th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(2):Let's Guess! What's next new title for" , posted Sun 8 Aug 13:00:post reply

quote:

oh wait

One of the artists for the World Heroes series is drawing art for adult games now so I'm guessing SNKP will end up similarly and they'll close and set up a new company to make adult games featuring their own characters

[this message was edited by Zepy on Sun 8 Aug 13:02]

MVSer
0th Post

PSN: beachman19

New Customer

"Re(1):Let's Guess! What's next new title for " , posted Wed 11 Aug 05:26post reply

Voted for a new AOF with the Sakazakis hosting their own tournament and some of the older Fatal Fury chars entering, like Richard Meyer, Cheng Sinzan, Sokaku Mochizuki, Axel Hawk and Geese looking for revenge on the martial family of course...

Good netcodes... for the game for the world.

mbisonhatclub
197th Post

PSN: hadoolket

Regular Customer

"Re(2):Let's Guess! What's next new title for" , posted Wed 11 Aug 06:36post reply

quote:
Voted for a new AOF with the Sakazakis hosting their own tournament and some of the older Fatal Fury chars entering, like Richard Meyer, Cheng Sinzan, Sokaku Mochizuki, Axel Hawk and Geese looking for revenge on the martial family of course...

Geese was obviously resurrected by the Orochi, here

join the m.bison hat club today
i'm not just the president i'm also a client

Baines
262th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(3):Let's Guess! What's next new title for" , posted Wed 11 Aug 10:14post reply

quote:
Geese was obviously resurrected by the Orochi, here

Why not resurrected by Rugal's tech?

Heck, make Nightmare Geese a reality. Geese resurrects himself through just being that **** bad-*****.

Iggy
9162th Post

"Re(1):Let's Guess! What's next new title for " , posted Wed 11 Aug 22:49post reply

Surprisingly, the correct answer was Modern Warfare 2.

Nobinobita
785th Post

"Re(2):Let's Guess! What's next new title for" , posted Wed 11 Aug 23:52post reply

quote:

What a nightmare!

Hopefully SNK can sue Activision for billions for their losses and then get back on their feet again.

www.art-eater.com

karasu99
407th Post

PSN: robotchris
XBL: robotchris

Gold Customer

"Re(3):Let's Guess! What's next new title for" , posted Thu 12 Aug 01:10post reply

quote:

What a nightmare!

Hopefully SNK can sue Activision for billions for their losses and then get back on their feet again.

I find myself wondering exactly how this glitch was even found, both from a technical perspective and from a 'people have a ridiculous of time on their hands' perspective.

Ishmael
3859th Post

PSN: Ishmael26b

"Re(4):Let's Guess! What's next new title for" , posted Thu 12 Aug 03:00post reply

quote:
I find myself wondering exactly how this glitch was even found, both from a technical perspective and from a 'people have a ridiculous of time on their hands' perspective.

With such a large user base I'm guessing it ended up being one of those infinite monkey on a typewriter sorts of things. What that says about XBL or MW2 is anyone's guess. Perhaps Halo: Reach will also glitch out and create the entire works of Shakespeare.

Loona
335th Post

PSN: IkariLoona

Bronze Customer

"Re(5):Let's Guess! What's next new title for" , posted Thu 12 Aug 22:19post reply

One can only hope at least this mess helps advertise the games/franchises to MW2's rather wide audience - Metal Slug might do well with that crown, who knows.

I just came across this list of more popular names people are likely to give to their offspring in Japan if inspired by anime or games - Kyo turned out surprisingly popular, with KoF being speciically pointed out as source:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2010-08-12/20-most-popular-anime/game-names-to-give-children

"Beat the machine that works in your head!" - Guano Apes "Open Your Eyes"

Nobinobita
787th Post

"Re(5):Let's Guess! What's next new title for" , posted Fri 13 Aug 05:21post reply

quote:

With such a large user base I'm guessing it ended up being one of those infinite monkey on a typewriter sorts of things. What that says about XBL or MW2 is anyone's guess. Perhaps Halo: Reach will also glitch out and create the entire works of Shakespeare.

It was the best of times...

www.art-eater.com