KOF2K2UM Tougeki Ver. - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (2792 Views )

Count Hihihi
256th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Copper Customer

"KOF2K2UM Tougeki Ver." , posted Fri 16 Jul 00:27post reply

XIII is out, and that is lovely. But I just got my copy of 2k2UM Tougeki version and that's what I will be playing.. (I even bought a Garou style NeoGeo stick 2 for it) So, after looking around the net for some solid information on what's different in this version, I sadly only found this*:

quote:

- Hinako inifnite is gone ( no more link of C, FW A )
- Daimon roll qcb K isn t invincible and unthrowable anymore
- Heidern D/U charge as a slower startup
- Ramon bug crossover sprite
- Kyo 2C air attack as been fixed (no more double hit)
- Kasumi bugs with K', Maylee, Yuri etc... are gone
- Whip qcfx2 P damage scaling on billy as been fixed (full damage now)
- no more bug while mirroring fireball with Athena, Vanessa, Chin, Seth (break CD damage don t change now after mirroring a fireball)
- Yuri slash a longer recovery
- Chris MAX2 bug has been fixed

Does anyone here know more about what's new/changed? Apparently some bugs/glitches still exist which indicate that this is not a 100% perfect arcade port..

*found here

NO

Replies:

Spoon
1982th Post

Gold Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(1):KOF2K2UM Tougeki Ver." , posted Fri 16 Jul 02:51post reply

quote:
XIII is out, and that is lovely. But I just got my copy of 2k2UM Tougeki version and that's what I will be playing.. (I even bought a Garou style NeoGeo stick 2 for it) So, after looking around the net for some solid information on what's different in this version, I sadly only found this*:

- Hinako inifnite is gone ( no more link of C, FW A )
- Daimon roll qcb K isn t invincible and unthrowable anymore
- Heidern D/U charge as a slower startup
- Ramon bug crossover sprite
- Kyo 2C air attack as been fixed (no more double hit)
- Kasumi bugs with K', Maylee, Yuri etc... are gone
- Whip qcfx2 P damage scaling on billy as been fixed (full damage now)
- no more bug while mirroring fireball with Athena, Vanessa, Chin, Seth (break CD damage don t change now after mirroring a fireball)
- Yuri slash a longer recovery
- Chris MAX2 bug has been fixed

Does anyone here know more about what's new/changed? Apparently some bugs/glitches still exist which indicate that this is not a 100% perfect arcade port..

*found here

The KOF2k2 Tougeki edition intentionally contains some changes from the normal 2k2UM and the initial arcade release of 2k2UM/RTR, with one of the notable changes being the removal of Hinako's infinite. The version of 2k2UM released in '09 is true to the arcade 2k2UM/RTR afaik (which is not very far, admittedly).

Toxico
5082th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):KOF2K2UM Tougeki Ver." , posted Thu 29 Jul 15:58:post reply

quote:

Not really, the arcade game had quite a bunch of game freezing bugs and stuffs.

I'm not really a glitch collector or expert nor anything, but I read that those オメガ e メタモルフォーゼ!!! bugs got fixed.

Krizalid has an introductory pose. Nameless strong DP isn't invincible anymore.

I played Hinako for a long while to see if she froze the game (like in the previous version) but I didn't have any problems (then again, I could only play an afternoon).

The sprite filter seems to be improved. I'm not sure if controls are exactly the same, and I might never know.

There it seems to be a lot of slight damage changes done. Then again some things that needed a change (like, Kasumi's MAX2) didn't got tweaked at all.

So in the end, all three versions of the game have differences, but they are all so slightly unimportant than most people don't truly realize it, or just isn't interested on knowing what's the deal.

Some typos are still in.

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・
Update 22 as of 27/08/10 (Temporary mega upload link).

Now sponsoring : video game analogies (ES)
Last update : Chapter 18 as of 02/07/10

[this message was edited by Toxico on Thu 29 Jul 16:19]

Count Hihihi
261th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(2):KOF2K2UM Tougeki Ver." , posted Thu 29 Jul 16:47post reply

quote:

Not really, the arcade game had quite a bunch of game freezing bugs and stuffs.

I'm not really a glitch collector or expert nor anything, but I read that those オメガ e メタモルフォーゼ!!! bugs got fixed.

Krizalid has an introductory pose. Nameless strong DP isn't invincible anymore.

I played Hinako for a long while to see if she froze the game (like in the previous version) but I didn't have any problems (then again, I could only play an afternoon).

The sprite filter seems to be improved. I'm not sure if controls are exactly the same, and I might never know.

There it seems to be a lot of slight damage changes done. Then again some things that needed a change (like, Kasumi's MAX2) didn't got tweaked at all.

So in the end, all three versions of the game have differences, but they are all so slightly unimportant than most people don't truly realize it, or just isn't interested on knowing what's the deal.

Some typos are still in.

Thanks for posting, Toxico. I was actually kind of waiting for your input since I saw you talking about the game at Orochinagi.

The damage changes I am most familiar with concern Kyo-1 and his DMs. And I also have a feeling that Heidern's neck roller got tweaked. But other than that, I myself haven't really found any noticeable changes in specific moves. (then again the roster is huge and I have only properly played a handful of characters)

Anyway, I'm not that interested in bugs/glitches, but about the rebalancing.. so I guess anything that was changed from the first PS2 version to the arcade applies?

Oh, am I the only one in the board (still) playing this? XIII seemed to get all the attention until it actually came out.

THE LEGEND OF THE STRONGEST FIGHTING LORD OF ALL TIME!