Eolith's sole developed arcade game.. - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (11429 Views )

justicekyo
710th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Eolith's sole developed arcade game.." , posted Thu 10 Jun 13:11post reply

Dark wake is coming to PSN for about 20$. hey Prof, can you look into this? i wonder who's doing it since Eolith's been dead for awhile.. and would it still have the Eolith logo on it..

Replies:

Count Hihihi
252th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(1):Eolith's sole developed arcade game.." , posted Thu 10 Jun 17:03post reply

quote:
Dark wake is coming to PSN for about 20$. hey Prof, can you look into this? i wonder who's doing it since Eolith's been dead for awhile.. and would it still have the Eolith logo on it..

Recom?

NO

Nekros
267th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(1):Eolith's sole developed arcade game.." , posted Thu 10 Jun 23:39post reply

quote:

Dark Wake is the Japanese name of Chaos Breaker, right?
Any difference aside the name?

justicekyo
711th Post

"Re(2):Eolith's sole developed arcade game.." , posted Fri 11 Jun 07:44post reply

quote:

actually, Dark wake was the game's pre-production name. no difference as i can tell. seems to be a straight type X port. and shocking of all, Namco is behind the port.

Professor
2670th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(3):Eolith's sole developed arcade game.." , posted Fri 11 Jun 09:23:post reply

quote:

actually, Dark wake was the game's pre-production name. no difference as i can tell. seems to be a straight type X port. and shocking of all, Namco is behind the port.

Japanese site 4Gamer reports that it's being done by Recom, which acquired the rights to the game. The PS3 release will have general additional features including Trophies, friend list, practice mode, voice chat, and of course, online play.

According to Recom's profile, the company is a multi-market content developer established in Japan in 2007. The president's name is Sung su Park, which is a Korean name so it seems possible that he could have had connections with Eolith. Its business partners include D3p, Taito, and NamcoBandai.

Interestingly, the company is located at a building right next to Square Enix and Taito.

[this message was edited by Professor on Fri 11 Jun 09:38]

justicekyo
712th Post

"Re(4):Eolith's sole developed arcade game.." , posted Sat 26 Jun 09:00post reply

quote:

Japanese site 4Gamer reports that it's being done by Recom, which acquired the rights to the game. The PS3 release will have general additional features including Trophies, friend list, practice mode, voice chat, and of course, online play.

According to Recom's profile, the company is a multi-market content developer established in Japan in 2007. The president's name is Sung su Park, which is a Korean name so it seems possible that he could have had connections with Eolith. Its business partners include D3p, Taito, and NamcoBandai.

Interestingly, the company is located at a building right next to Square Enix and Taito.

Thanks, prof. I've been doing abit of hype up for this title's digital release. hoping it might get some exposure here.

karasu99
380th Post

PSN: robotchris
XBL: robotchris
Wii: n/a

Silver Customer

"Re(5):Eolith's sole developed arcade game.." , posted Sat 26 Jun 12:13post reply

quote:

Thanks, prof. I've been doing abit of hype up for this title's digital release. hoping it might get some exposure here.

I for one am really excited for Chaos Breaker, and I'm glad to have heard about it here. I might have missed it otherwise!

Any concrete info about release dates out there?

Grave
1334th Post

PSN: Drakee
XBL: Mikelson

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(6):Eolith's sole developed arcade game.." , posted Sat 26 Jun 16:24post reply

I'm very curious about this game, but if they don't post a demo on JPSN and the hacked Type X2 rom still isn't released I doubt I'll be picking it up. Going through the effort and increased cost to get JPSN funds for something totally unproven isn't terribly high on my list of things to do.

PSN really needs a "if it's on PSN, there's a demo" policy like XBLA has. If PSN+ is still lacking this I can't imagine a single reason I'd pay for it.

chazumaru
705th Post

"Re(7):Eolith's sole developed arcade game.." , posted Mon 28 Jun 18:52post reply

quote:
I'm very curious about this game, but if they don't post a demo on JPSN and the hacked Type X2 rom still isn't released

Chaos Breaker was running on the original Type X, not Type X2.

IT'S THE BLACK PUDDING!

Grave
1335th Post

"Re(8):Eolith's sole developed arcade game.." , posted Mon 28 Jun 23:15post reply

quote:
Chaos Breaker was running on the original Type X, not Type X2.

Good catch! You're right. The wording of that post leads me to believe it was Grave in substance abuse mode. Not making excuses, just kind of irritated reading it now!

This... happens to me a lot.

TheRedKnight
285th Post

PSN: no
XBL: no
Wii: no

Copper Customer

"Re(9):Eolith's sole developed arcade game.." , posted Sat 27 Nov 21:43:post reply

Dark Awake happens to be on sale right now. 50% off! That's only 1000 yen.

EDIT: Uhh, do not try to play this port in 480i... What a disaster. Unless your SDTV has anamorphic support, you are screwed.

THE LEGEND OF THE STRONGEST FIGHTING LORD OF ALL TIME!

[this message was edited by TheRedKnight on Sun 28 Nov 23:11]

KTallguy
1287th Post

PSN: Hunter-KT
XBL: n/a

"Re(10):Eolith's sole developed arcade game.." , posted Sun 28 Nov 10:26post reply

Thanks, 1000 yen is a good deal :)

Play to win... or to have fun too! :)

Professor
2874th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(10):Eolith's sole developed arcade game.." , posted Mon 29 Nov 03:57post reply

quote:

EDIT: Uhh, do not try to play this port in 480i... What a disaster. Unless your SDTV has anamorphic support, you are screwed.

What does it look like on 480i?

If the game doesn't support the resolution, it's interesting, considering that some core players prefer fighting games on an analog screen to reduce latency.

KTallguy
1288th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):Eolith's sole developed arcade g" , posted Mon 29 Nov 10:11post reply

It looks dated but I guess... charming? In an action figure sort of way? It's fun!

I switched it to "single play" mode and spent an hour on the first two bosses, then got to the uber secret final boss (you have to play well to collect enough items to get to him, but I just cheated and selected a new item every time I continued). The uber secret boss is really annoying. All bosses in this game have multiple super moves that take over half health. The uber secret boss' super does about 1/3rd health on block. I had to switch characters to beat him.

However I think it was harder because I didn't have a team of three, I was just using one character and playing 2 out of 3.

TheRedKnight
286th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(2):Re(10):Eolith's sole developed arcade g" , posted Mon 29 Nov 16:02:post reply

quote:

What does it look like on 480i?

If the game doesn't support the resolution, it's interesting, considering that some core players prefer fighting games on an analog screen to reduce latency.

Yeah, I play all my fighting games on an analog 4:3 screen. VF5 is really nice in 480i! [EDIT: Speaking of fight man games on analog screens, did you know that PAL models of all PS3 consoles only support 576i in 50hz!]

Dark Awake in 4:3 ratio and 480i (and probably in 480p too!) is just the widescreen version squished! You get the bars on the sides and everything. Sloppy as hell, Recom. I sure love playing windowed games on my SDTV...

KTallguy: Are you experiencing any tearing problems with the character sprites?

[this message was edited by TheRedKnight on Mon 29 Nov 16:11]

Professor
2875th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(3):Re(10):Eolith's sole developed arcade g" , posted Mon 29 Nov 16:52post reply

quote:
Dark Awake in 4:3 ratio and 480i (and probably in 480p too!) is just the widescreen version squished! You get the bars on the sides and everything. Sloppy as hell, Recom. I sure love playing windowed games on my SDTV...

Ouch, that really is sloppy... I think may pick it up though. Thanks for the heads up!

KTallguy
1290th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):Eolith's sole developed arcade g" , posted Mon 29 Nov 20:12post reply

quote:
KTallguy: Are you experiencing any tearing problems with the character sprites?

I'm in HD but I do notice very weird small tears occasionally...

Professor
2876th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(3):Re(10):Eolith's sole developed arcade g" , posted Wed 1 Dec 13:36post reply

quote:
Yeah, I play all my fighting games on an analog 4:3 screen. VF5 is really nice in 480i! [EDIT: Speaking of fight man games on analog screens, did you know that PAL models of all PS3 consoles only support 576i in 50hz!]

I got the game yesterday-- sure brings back memories.

The game has built-in zoom support. In the monitor adjustment screen, use your left analog stick and voila. For 480i, you should be able to get full-screen by just changing the X (horizontal) ratio to 1.3 and recentering it.

576i? That sure is an odd count...

TheRedKnight
291th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(4):Re(10):Eolith's sole developed arcade g" , posted Thu 2 Dec 06:20:post reply

quote:

I got the game yesterday-- sure brings back memories.

The game has built-in zoom support. In the monitor adjustment screen, use your left analog stick and voila. For 480i, you should be able to get full-screen by just changing the X (horizontal) ratio to 1.3 and recentering it.

576i? That sure is an odd count...

Thanks for the tip! I didn't realise there was a zoom effect set to left analog since I was using an arcade stick. I'll try it out when I get back home next week..

EDIT: Zoomed in on LOTS OF TEARING!

Sony Computer Entertainment Europe has decided that PAL PS3s will only output 576i in 50hz, when using analog cables. It's just a firmware thing. [I got a HK model now so I'm fine!]

[this message was edited by TheRedKnight on Sun 12 Dec 16:04]

Toxico
5348th Post

PSN: Toxic-Baron

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Can we say Chaos Breaker?" , posted Mon 30 May 14:57:post reply

For some reason Acho did a tournament for this game. As usual with Acho they uploaded some after tournament casual play:

Here

And Here

Recording quality is sloppy, but oh well.... Now, If I could only find that Outfoxies tournament held recently.

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・
Update 23 as of 25/10/10 (Temporary mega upload link).

Now sponsoring : video game analogies (ES)
Last update : Chapter 22 as of 10/01/11

[this message was edited by Toxico on Mon 30 May 15:00]

sibarraz
123th Post

PSN: n/a
XBL: sibarraz4life

Regular Customer

"Re(1):Can we say Chaos Breaker?" , posted Mon 30 May 23:23post reply

I'm sad that this game was never released on XBOX, I had always been curious for this game

Grave
1381th Post

"Dark Awake - demo or something on JP PS+?" , posted Wed 20 Jul 09:58:post reply

For those who haven't redeemed their free month of Japanese PS+yet, now would be a good time - Dark Awake will be yours to try for the entirety of that month. About to fire it up now! Been waiting a really long time to try this.
edit: Oooor maybe it's a half hour demo. It's telling me it'll expire next month but now it's warning me it'll shut off 30 minutes from now. I dunno.
double edit: not sure I even care either way! Was cool to get to try it, but... yeah.
quote:
Now, If I could only find that Outfoxies tournament held recently.

MY LANGUAGE. YOU ARE SPEAKING IT. Tell me everything you know about this!

[this message was edited by Grave on Wed 20 Jul 10:18]

Toxico
5399th Post

"Re(1):Dark Awake - demo or something on JP PS" , posted Sat 23 Jul 10:11post reply

quote:

double edit: not sure I even care either way! Was cool to get to try it, but... yeah.
Now, If I could only find that Outfoxies tournament held recently.

MY LANGUAGE. YOU ARE SPEAKING IT. Tell me everything you know about this!

I'm not sure about the details, I think there it was this "retro tournament" that featured many super old games and not every game featured was a fighting game, Outfoxies being an example of that

Vid 1 - Nico

Vid 2 - Nico

Vid 3 - Nico

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

chazumaru
818th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(2):Dark Awake - demo or something on JP PS" , posted Sat 23 Jul 22:48post reply

Wow! An Outfoxies tournament, that is unexpected. Thanks, that is pretty cool.

無限早見は無限早見は無限早見は無限早見は無限早見は無限早見は無限早見は無限早見は無限早見は無限早見は

Toxico
5440th Post

"---" , posted Wed 17 Aug 00:50:post reply

quote:
that is unexpected.

I didn't feel like "derailing" the fighting musings thread, but I did feel the need of pointing this out:

Acho Vampire Savior vid 1

Acho Vampire Savior vid 2

Like most acho vids, they are for about +50 mins in length each.

edit : whoops

★B★O★N★U★S★

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

[this message was edited by Toxico on Wed 17 Aug 04:16]

Iggy
9286th Post

"Re(1):---" , posted Wed 17 Aug 03:37post reply

quote:
Acho Vampire Savior vid 1

Acho Vampire Savior vid 2

*LIKE*

Toxico
5457th Post

"Re(2):---" , posted Fri 9 Sep 10:10post reply

quote:

*LIKE*

Darkstalkers Combination Cup

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

Toxico
5472th Post

"On topic (?)" , posted Mon 19 Sep 02:37post reply

Coincidenly, Acho has more Chaos Breaker vids

Vid 1

Vid 2

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

TheRedKnight
329th Post

PSN: yes

Bronze Customer

"Re(1):On topic (?)" , posted Fri 30 Sep 03:47post reply

quote:
Coincidenly, Acho has more Chaos Breaker vids

Vid 1

Vid 2

Part one of seven, but you'll find the rest.

Why I left my hobbies.

Toxico
5506th Post

"Off topic (?)" , posted Thu 27 Oct 10:37post reply

This has nothing to do with Chaos Breaker, but for some reason I believe this will be on the strike zone of several members of the cafe : Super Dodge Ball tournament. Part 2 is within the description of the vid.

Also, game acho has been uploading a Zero 3 tournament, if you want to bore yourself be sure to check it out.

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

Toxico
5513th Post

"Re(1):Off topic (?)" , posted Mon 7 Nov 05:12post reply

A Rainbow Fighting tournament (also popularly known as Magic SF)

Part 1 - Nico

Part 2 - Nico

Part 3 - Nico

Part 4 - Nico

Part 5 - Nico

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

Toxico
5538th Post

"Re(2):Off topic (?)" , posted Wed 14 Dec 02:35post reply

Another recent Outfoxies tournament.

Part 1 - Nico , Youtube

Part 2 - Nico , Youtube

I just noticed that there are 5 of these (one per each Ura Tougeki), the one I posted before was the 4th one. I'm not sure if ura tougeki matches are also compiled in official DVDs like the regular Tougeki tournaments.

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ
Update 24 as of 21/11/11 (Temporary mega upload link). // 104 personajes traducidos

Last update : Chapter 23 as of 20/11/11

Toxico
5540th Post

"Re(3):Off topic (?)" , posted Thu 15 Dec 00:21post reply

Double Post because I can. New A-cho Chaos Breaker

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ
Update 24 as of 21/11/11 (Temporary mega upload link). // 104 personajes traducidos

Toxico
5551th Post

"Re(4):Off topic (?)" , posted Mon 9 Jan 01:56:post reply

As usual, A-cho did some Capcom Olympics, as tradition there are many games displayed within the event, but the vid doesn't show that.

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

[this message was edited by Toxico on Mon 9 Jan 02:00]

Toxico
5554th Post

"Re(5):Off topic (?)" , posted Fri 13 Jan 04:28:post reply

I remember thinking when Iggy said in the other thread (as response to people playing Sen and Zan-Samu) "These people have no soul", I clearly thought "You are just exaggerating"....

.... Now there is This, a SFEX+2 post tournament game, and I clearly realize that who ever played there is completely beyond redemption. Not even a 100 minute long Vampire Savior vid manages to erase the impression.

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

[this message was edited by Toxico on Fri 13 Jan 04:31]

chazumaru
852th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(6):Off topic (?)" , posted Fri 13 Jan 07:19:post reply

At least it's not EX3...

Amazing links as always. Now if only Wakamoto would be the MC of those videos, we would have the best of both worlds.

[this message was edited by chazumaru on Fri 13 Jan 07:33]

Toxico
5554th Post

"Re(7):Off topic (?)" , posted Fri 13 Jan 08:04post reply

quote:
At least it's not EX3...

Amazing links as always. Now if only Wakamoto would be the MC of those videos, we would have the best of both worlds.

The vocaloid industry should have long been aware of what are our actual needs

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

Ishmael
4287th Post

PSN: Ishmael26b

"Re(8):Off topic (?)" , posted Fri 13 Jan 13:08post reply

quote:
The vocaloid industry should have long been aware of what are our actual needs

Amen to that.

Toxico
5556th Post

"Re(9):Off topic (?)" , posted Sat 14 Jan 03:18post reply

A magical drop 3 tournament. I had forgotten how much I loved the game. Fights are kinda intense even if you aren't a high level player, since you can die in like 15 seconds if you can't keep up with the action.

1 , 2 , 3 , 4

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

Toxico
5563th Post

"Re(10):Off topic (?)" , posted Sat 21 Jan 06:59post reply

KoF MI Regulation A tournament 1 , 2 , 3 , 4

Buriki One playlist , the actual playlist "alone" is over here.

Some A-cho long duration vids, VF 5 FS and more of the Capcom Olympics

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

chazumaru
854th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):Off topic (?)" , posted Tue 24 Jan 22:43post reply

That Andy TAS video and the Double Dragon thing @TRF hidden somewhere in your Youtube channel are really cool as well.

Toxico
5569th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):Off topic (?)" , posted Fri 27 Jan 04:19:post reply

quote:
That Andy TAS video and the Double Dragon thing @TRF hidden somewhere in your Youtube channel are really cool as well.

Thanks. More than just posting about a regular theme I just upload footage that had me going !!!! , or had me going hmn? , or simply things that I wanted to see and thought that youtube was lacking or something. At least the first 2 cases usually make very good watching experiences. I have been thinking doing a google doc or something at some point with a very ubber detailed index; the channel isn't that old and is already kinda hard to navigate as pretty much there is no logic order and footage is just a large collection of my own Denpa Kei impulses splattered into a wall like some fossilized roadkill corpses sprayed over a several miles length 200 year old highly frequented highway.

........ Of course the previous baffle was nothing but a short distraction in order to justify posting about this

edit : BONUS! (I'm more of a Titan's type of guy, though).

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

[this message was edited by Toxico on Fri 27 Jan 05:59]

Toxico
5577th Post

"Re(4):Re(10):Off topic (?)" , posted Wed 8 Feb 10:54:post reply

Fighter's History Dynamite TAS. Those A+B+C+D moves are broken as hell. The channel (Warasubo Factory) has a bunch of other cool stuff of 90s era games. The only bad part is that his TAS focus more in "ends" rather than in "means", and thus they are not as artistic as other TAS that are floating around. Jack (WH2Jet) TAS

KYSG has been re-uploading and re-ecoding versions from their old vids; within their the re-uploads there are many SNK things so it would be good to keep an eye on them for a while.

Gamest Fatal Fury 2 tournament : Part 1 , Part 2. Since the tournament is officially sponsored and is pretty big, you can see a bunch of cool stuff like Masami Obari getting his ass handed down to him by more hardcore fans of the game. There is also a preview of FFS (the game was yet to be released at the time), people's reaction to the new stuff is pure gold (like the first time that Geese's stage intro is seen).

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

[this message was edited by Toxico on Wed 8 Feb 12:11]

karasu99
845th Post

"Re(5):Re(10):Off topic (?)" , posted Thu 9 Feb 00:24post reply

quote:

Gamest Fatal Fury 2 tournament : Part 1 , Part 2. Since the tournament is officially sponsored and is pretty big, you can see a bunch of cool stuff like Masami Obari getting his ass handed down to him by more hardcore fans of the game. There is also a preview of FFS (the game was yet to be released at the time), people's reaction to the new stuff is pure gold (like the first time that Geese's stage intro is seen).

You're a terrible man to post such things: with a deadline looming, I watched these in their entirety (and several others, including a Real Bout 2 one), laughing childishly the whole time. Wow, that takes me back. I'm glad these are being transferred from such fragile media. It's shocking that they've lasted this long.

It would seem that there are just a few standouts in Garou 2 in terms of tournament play, but I was shocked to see not a single Terry! Was he really that bad?

www.secret-arts.com

chazumaru
863th Post

"Re(5):Re(10):Off topic (?)" , posted Thu 9 Feb 18:20:post reply

quote:

Thank Car for Youtube and ImbuedGold. I hope we can save them all at some point. Also, it made me realise I could watch any "sequel reveal" video. They should just release a DVD of "big sequel reveals" with multi-cameras to switch to the crowd at any point.

[edit] The Iwata Asks on Tekken is an excellent read, even if you are not so much into the series.

[this message was edited by chazumaru on Thu 9 Feb 19:39]

Toxico
5580th Post

"Re(6):Re(10):Off topic (?)" , posted Sun 12 Feb 05:10:post reply

!!!!. Content warning: after seeing that your life will never be the same again. Or something.

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

[this message was edited by Toxico on Sun 12 Feb 05:12]

Toxico
5582th Post

"Re(7):Re(10):Off topic (?)" , posted Fri 17 Feb 09:00post reply

Gamest World Heroes 2 compilation of techniques : 1 , 2 . I love it how some memes are (apparently) modeled after the gamest videos.

KoF 96 Gamest Video (3 first parts are combos, then one about bugs and the rest are battles : 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7

... And that for about does it for today?

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

sibarraz
348th Post

PSN: n/a
XBL: sibarraz4life

Bronze Customer

"Re(8):Re(10):Off topic (?)" , posted Fri 17 Feb 09:09post reply

quote:
Gamest World Heroes 2 compilation of techniques : 1 , 2 . I love it how some memes are (apparently) modeled after the gamest videos.

KoF 96 Gamest Video (3 first parts are combos, then one about bugs and the rest are battles : 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7

... And that for about does it for today?

I love your channel since makes me relive the golden ages of the neo geo even though I never lived them

I will love to learn japanese to see what's is being said though, since I didn't understood the ryo meme

chazumaru
865th Post

"Re(9):Re(10):Off topic (?)" , posted Sun 19 Feb 12:27post reply

The TRF video about Quiz Meitantei is amazing. I really want to play the game now.

Professor
3380th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(10):Re(10):Off topic (?)" , posted Sun 19 Feb 14:41post reply

quote:
The TRF video about Quiz Meitantei is amazing. I really want to play the game now.

Ohoho, this is a lot of nostalgic goodies for the next few weekends! Where's the Quiz Meitantei video though? Can't find ittttt

Toxico
5586th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):Re(10):Off topic (?)" , posted Sun 19 Feb 15:36:post reply

quote:

Ohoho, this is a lot of nostalgic goodies for the next few weekends! Where's the Quiz Meitantei video though? Can't find ittttt

You People should just be more honest about their "being eaten by a shark" fantasies. The original nico playlist is Here

edit Oh, I apologize. That video is for the second game. The one that actually had shark eating goodness (and vice versa!) was the first game

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

[this message was edited by Toxico on Mon 20 Feb 04:07]

Toxico
5589th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):Re(10):Off topic (?) More Chaos" , posted Fri 24 Feb 10:39:post reply

More Chaos Breaker by A-cho

For I am too, an evil brain stuffed in a tank 1 , 2

During the day there it was this incredibly strong and disgusting smell at sewer water all over my house, to the point that I thought I had some type of leak... After looking for a while to no avail, I can only put the blame on this.

Thus, after such an horrible and ugly experience, I needed a soul cleansing experience

Speaking of Soul..... More , Motto

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

[this message was edited by Toxico on Sun 26 Feb 13:49]

Toxico
5591th Post

"Re(4):Re(10):Re(10):Off topic (?) More Chaos" , posted Fri 9 Mar 00:54post reply

I just saw this old Mikado tournament about ngbc, and the level was actually pretty high; and many characters where used (which is unusual for a broken tier focused game as this one); the format was that of a league where the team with most points wins, thus we get to see every team playing several matches regardless of them winning or losing : 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5

Meanwhile, at a-cho : Puyo Puyo

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

Maou
2314th Post

"Re(5):Re(10):Re(10):Off topic (?) More Chaos" , posted Fri 9 Mar 02:27post reply

quote:

Puyo Puyo is the only true competitive fighting game!! At least in the SFC days.

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

Toxico
5594th Post

"Re(6):Re(10):Re(10):Off topic (?) More Chaos" , posted Mon 12 Mar 03:04:post reply

Let's see.... Gamefreak KoF 97 Video : 1 , 2.
The world of Ryuuko no Ken + Ryuuko no Ken 2 character introduction Part 1 , Part 2.

There is also another TAS for those that enjoy those sort of thing.

quote:
Puyo Puyo is the only true competitive fighting game!! At least in the SFC days.

Deserved quote.

edit : Since, youtube wise I don't want anything to do with anything that isn't SNK or Outfoxies, I won't be doing anything with these finds, but here are the nico links :

Gamest : Vampire 1 - Nico , Vampire 2 - Nico (aka vampre, DarkStalkers). Gamest SF 1 - Nico. The only SF that counts

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

[this message was edited by Toxico on Mon 12 Mar 16:32]

Loona
534th Post

PSN: IkariLoona

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(7):Re(10):Re(10):Off topic (?) More Chaos" , posted Mon 12 Mar 19:13:post reply

quote:
Let's see.... Gamefreak KoF 97 Video : 1 , 2.
The world of Ryuuko no Ken + Ryuuko no Ken 2 character introduction Part 1 , Part 2.

Great stuff, thanks!

It's almost weird nowadays seeing Takuma's first playable apperance with all those muscles and comparing that to the gut he's got in XIII.

Almost weirder is remembering he's got that scar, but that that seems absent from his boss Mr Karate artwork in SvC, but maybe it's just the dark colors and the angles getting in the way of seeing it properly.

Edit: New mobile card thingy announced - another Japan only-thing?...

"Beat the machine that works in your head!" - Guano Apes "Open Your Eyes"

[this message was edited by Loona on Mon 12 Mar 19:32]

Ishmael
4337th Post

"Re(8):Re(10):Re(10):Off topic (?) More Chaos" , posted Mon 12 Mar 22:18post reply

quote:

That scruched up little face on Geese is hilarious. I can't tell if someone pasted the details of his face a little low on his head or he has a weirdly shaped noggin or what but all I can see when I look at that picture is Geese's beady eyes staring out from the background.

Toxico
5595th Post

"Re(9):Re(10):Re(10):Off topic (?) More Chaos" , posted Tue 13 Mar 09:04:post reply

quote:
That scruched up little face on Geese is hilarious. I can't tell if someone pasted the details of his face a little low on his head or he has a weirdly shaped noggin or what but all I can see when I look at that picture is Geese's beady eyes staring out from the background.

I'm more surprised that the fact that Ogura did a picture of Geese haven't started rumors that the Climax version has new content (and before you ask, Ogura drawing really doesn't mean anything; for example he made XIII style avatars for Jubei & Adelheid and they aren't even in the unused data).

edit : Finally saw some japanese articles about the card game, it has some pics of the actual cards. Famitsu , Gpara. SNK's press release

I remember that we where complaining some tyme ago how vocaloids weren't good enough for obvious reasons.... Well, now there is this : WAKAMOLOID (わっかもとにしーてあげる☆)

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

[this message was edited by Toxico on Tue 13 Mar 13:54]

kofoguz
978th Post

"Re(10):Re(10):Re(10):Off topic (?) More Chaos" , posted Tue 13 Mar 22:53post reply

quote:
I'm more surprised that the fact that Ogura did a picture of Geese haven't started rumors that the Climax version has new content (and before you ask, Ogura drawing really doesn't mean anything; for example he made XIII style avatars for Jubei & Adelheid and they aren't even in the unused data).
I saw the Adelheid one but didnt see the Jubei. And where is Oguras's new Geese pic. Also the process of KoF XII to KOF XIII makes all the assumptions off adding new characters, a little bit justified.

Toxico
5603th Post

"Re(10):Re(10):Re(10):Off topic (?) More Chaos" , posted Mon 2 Apr 02:55:post reply

The latest Outfoxies tournament from Ura Tougeki : 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6

Due to the nesica release, the latest Power Instinct has seen a revival of it's dying scene, with several events such as A Tachikawa Oslo tournament.

Some old Kabuki Clash matches (players don't seem fighting games adept, so they are only "so" interesting) : 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6

Some Asura Zanmaden matches (the second SS64 game) : 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7 , 8 , 9

World Heroes 1 & 2 tutorial video : 1 , 2 , 3 (part 2 and 3 are an extension of a "compilation of techniques" that I posted earlier in this thread).

Double Dragon (neo geo) at TRF : 1 , 2

KoF 94 tournament at Ikebukuro : 1 , 2 , 3 . --- More importantly, KoF 95 tournament at Ikebukuro 1 , 2 , 3

And that's for about 2 weeks worth of stalk- updates, or something.

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

[this message was edited by Toxico on Mon 2 Apr 03:10]

Toxico
5613th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):Re(10):Re(10):Off topic (?) More" , posted Tue 17 Apr 03:34:post reply

Acho Vamparie Savior videos : 1 on 1 , 2 on 2 (part 1) , 2 on 2 (part 2) . That's close to 4 hours of high level footage.

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ
Update 24 as of 03/04/12. // 104 personajes traducidos

[this message was edited by Toxico on Tue 17 Apr 03:35]

sibarraz
395th Post

PSN: DefensorVirtuoso

Silver Customer

"Re(3):Re(10):Re(10):Re(10):Off topic (?) More" , posted Tue 17 Apr 08:02post reply

Has there ever been a tier list for kof 94 or 95? a team or character considered really broken? since I was having this discussion with a friend the other day, he said that england and japan were really good, and I england and korea, so I'm kinda curious

Loona
554th Post

PSN: IkariLoona

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(4):Re(10):Re(10):Re(10):Off topic (?) More" , posted Tue 17 Apr 19:06post reply

quote:
Has there ever been a tier list for kof 94 or 95? a team or character considered really broken? since I was having this discussion with a friend the other day, he said that england and japan were really good, and I england and korea, so I'm kinda curious

I don't know about 95, but I'd bet the Kyokugen team was at the top of 94, since they're the only characters that didn't get any new moves, outside perhaps a new normal like Ryo's chop.

"Beat the machine that works in your head!" - Guano Apes "Open Your Eyes"

Iggy
9331th Post

"Re(4):Re(10):Re(10):Re(10):Off topic (?) More" , posted Wed 18 Apr 03:25post reply

I thought Heidern was top tier in 94, and Iori in 95 ("Top tier" to the point that you barely needed your teammates)...
But that was a long time ago, so I'm probably wrong.

Toxico
5616th Post

"Re(5):Re(10):Re(10):Re(10):Off topic (?) More" , posted Wed 18 Apr 03:43:post reply

quote:
I thought Heidern was top tier in 94, and Iori in 95 ("Top tier" to the point that you barely needed your teammates)...
But that was a long time ago, so I'm probably wrong.

The latest ratio chart for 95' (compiled less than a year ago) here - Nico - Lists Kyo, Iori & Rugal as the top (ratio 6) followed by Mai and Heidern (ratio 4).

I don't know it it was from an arcadia list or something, but back in the day Kyo was considered the strongest character due to his obscenely good A+B dodge attack and his strong infinite (with bug) or strong semi-infinites (without bug). Iori was "almost the same" but since he couldn't advantage from the bugs nor the Dodge A+B, simply was relegated to position n°2.

In 94, I have no freaking clue. I don't remember seeing an official magazine list. Brazil was considered pretty obscene, Clark & Ralf where "strong normals + easy to land infinite" and Heidern was someone who you never, ever wanted to meet in a dark alley (aka insanely cheap and safe) Furthermore he also had an infinite, but it wasn't as flexible as with Ralf & Clark. Also, it's not like magazine tier lists are absolute, the Fatal Fury special tier list was pretty much destroyed by hardcore fans some years ago.

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

[this message was edited by Toxico on Wed 18 Apr 03:44]

Toxico
5627th Post

"Re(6):Re(10):Re(10):Re(10):Off topic (?) More" , posted Fri 4 May 05:18:post reply

The Matsuri sensou something power instinct game Part 1, Part 2 , Part 3 ; level is pretty high.

Money Idol Exanchanger tournament part 1 , part 2 ; this is form an Ura tougeki, that means that some of the participant players aren't puzzle game players and thus not everyone is "good gooood".

From January, FFS part 1 , FFS part 2 , FFS part 3

SvC : Kusoge. Casual Matches, There is a little "bonus" at the end of the video, it's worth the watch.

Do you happen to have a day off? Then why not expending it watching Kof Kyo in one go?? The playthrough is like 40 30 mins parts and while you can browse it from the very same videos, a Playlist is here , KoF Kyo is from video 26 to 63

Recent Ko-hatsu Fighter's History Dynamite tournament : FHD part 1 , FHD part 2 , FHD part 3

94 4' part 1 , 94 4' part 2

Some Sky Stage versus. Don't ask me how that's supposed to work.

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

[this message was edited by Toxico on Fri 4 May 05:27]

karasu99
919th Post

"Re(7):Re(10):Re(10):Re(10):Off topic (?) More" , posted Fri 4 May 05:36post reply

quote:
The Matsuri sensou something power instinct game Part 1, Part 2 , Part 3 ; level is pretty high.

These are pretty great-- for some reason I had forgotten that this game had ever come out, especially since I'm sure it never left Japan and it came out at an awkward time after 2D fighters had been ported regularly to PS2 yet before they were regularly ported to PS3. Prince is pretty hilarious/disturbing!

www.secret-arts.com

badoor
269th Post

PSN: BadoorSNK
XBL: BadoorSNK
Wii: PSVITA:BadoorUSA

Copper Customer

"Re(7):Re(10):Re(10):Re(10):Off topic (?) More" , posted Fri 4 May 07:30post reply

quote:
SvC : Kusoge. Casual Matches, There is a little "bonus" at the end of the video, it's worth the watch.
Uhhhh..

Spoiler (Highlight to view) -
The tags kind of spoil it. But pretty cool nonetheless

End of Spoiler

It's unfortunate that after the SNK Bankruptcy, then the resurrection thru playmore, that the first game they had to work on independently without Eolith was SvC Chaos. It might have not allowed the to do a great amount of testing on it. But regardless, I really like Guile & Dhalsim's look here. And some of the character choices are really cool and quirky.

KTallguy
1380th Post

"Re(8):Re(10):Re(10):Re(10):Off topic (?) More" , posted Fri 4 May 09:41:post reply

I actually really liked SvC Chaos. I loved the crazy characters they included, and I loved how some of the Capcom characters were rendered in SNK style. Dimitri looks a lot more menacing, and Zero has some really cool effects/spritework. Pity that they couldn't have more frames of animations... some characters (Sagat) feel like they jerk between poses too dramatically.

It's kind of fun to play casually, but yeah, the game was full of weird moments, like Sagat's crouching fireball missing at close range... it's just weird. Watching these tournament videos, it looks even more broken than I remember.

Still, there is something to be said for having such weird, off beat characters all come together. Hell, remember the Martian from Metal Slug? I remember losing my head when he was revealed. :)

Edit:

Damn it those power instinct matches REALLY make me wish there was some console/PC version out there...

[this message was edited by KTallguy on Fri 4 May 10:28]

TheRedKnight
355th Post

PSN: yes

Silver Customer

"Re(7):Re(10):Re(10):Re(10):Off topic (?) More" , posted Sat 5 May 22:11post reply

Mmm, Fighter's History Dynamite. More like Fighter's History Delicious.

Waw!? And now what's going on!? Toh Shin Den is about to present to you a super hot virtual battle like one that you've never seen before at a rate of 90000 polygons per second!

Toxico
5741th Post

"Re(8):Re(10):Re(10):Re(10):Off topic (?) More" , posted Tue 27 Nov 11:58post reply

Vampire Saviour recent matches from Nishinippori versus : 1 , 2 , 3 , 4

Kabuki Clash tournament, kinda beginnerish : 1 , 2

KoF 97 in acho here and here

Chaos Breaker in acho here and here

Recent Outfoxies tournament : 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5

Kizuna Encounter tournament 1 , 2 , 3

.... That's for about all of the weirdness that I have to spare for today.

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

Last update : Chapter 25 as of 31/08/12

chazumaru
966th Post

"Re(9):Re(10):Re(10):Re(10):Off topic (?) More" , posted Tue 27 Nov 19:34post reply

Your Crossed Swords VHS walkthrough made me re-plug my Wii, buy Crossed Swords, play Crossed Swords and regret buying Crossed Swords.

Give me back my precious Y900

78… 78… 絵札はさすらい ♪ 78… 78… 秩序は廻る ♪ 78… 78… 絵札はさすらい ♪ 78… 78… 未来を示す

Toxico
5743th Post

"Re(10):Re(10):Re(10):Re(10):Off topic (?) Mor" , posted Tue 27 Nov 23:50post reply

quote:
Your Crossed Swords VHS walkthrough made me re-plug my Wii, buy Crossed Swords, play Crossed Swords and regret buying Crossed Swords.

Fuh, look at the bright side : at least it wasn't Super Spy. Speaking of Crossed Swords, it's a shame that the second game is so elusive, I haven't even seen playthroughs for it over at nico.

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

KTallguy
1457th Post

"Re(9):Re(10):Re(10):Re(10):Off topic (?) More" , posted Wed 28 Nov 08:47post reply

I saw those outfoxies tournaments the other day, wow they are interesting. Amazing stages!

Ishmael
4497th Post

"Re(10):Re(10):Re(10):Re(10):Off topic (?) Mor" , posted Wed 28 Nov 11:52post reply

Yay, Lei Lei showed up in the VS matches! She didn't do very well but it's always a treat just to have the dead girl show up.

Also, I'm not sure what's more surprising: that there is a special four player version of Kizuna Encounter out there or the fact that they managed to find four people on the planet Earth who know how to play Kizuna Encounter. Then again, looking at the video it seems that as long as you can figure out the Kim/Billy Kane aggregate character you are well on your way to victory.

Toxico
5756th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):Re(10):Re(10):Re(10):Off topic (" , posted Tue 12 Feb 03:21:post reply

Last Blade 2 new year event at TRF : 2 on 2 Tournament ( 1 , 2 , 3 ) & a "30 timer seconds" Tournament ( 1 , 2 )

"Old" NGBC tournament ( 1 , 2 , 3 , 3 )

Old Jackie Chan Fists of Fire Tournament ( 1 , 2 )

Denjin Makai 2 playthrough ( 1 , 2 ) This game is awesome.

Double Dragon Advance a "2p in one controller" playthrough ( 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 ) .
.... Speaking of, some week ago or so, along with some guys we started humming the BGM for the forest stage of the first game during a pal's wedding; that was obviously the highlight of the evening to all of the middle age crisis range folks present at the party.... Who would have thought that wasting my quarters as a child secluded in a smelly arcade would have helped me to be a better socially accepted success? Life sure takes you in unexpected directions.

edit : I love this stuff. We still reminiscence that game's OST and the good old street punk one-liners

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

[this message was edited by Toxico on Tue 12 Feb 08:30]

Ishmael
4544th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):Re(10):Re(10):Re(10):Off topic (" , posted Wed 13 Feb 05:30post reply

quote:

Denjin Makai 2 playthrough ( 1 , 2 ) This game is awesome.

While I am not familiar with the Denjin Makai series I have to say that is the most extreme damage scaling during a combo that I have ever seen.

justicekyo
733th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):Re(10):Re(10):Re(10):Off topic (" , posted Wed 13 Feb 22:41post reply

quote:

Fuh, look at the bright side : at least it wasn't Super Spy. Speaking of Crossed Swords, it's a shame that the second game is so elusive, I haven't even seen playthroughs for it over at nico.

yeah, the second game was shifted over to the Neo-CD is memory serves me right...

red falcon
6130th Post

PSN: Rugalbgood
XBL: RugalBGood
Wii: Doesitmatter?

"Re(2):Re(10):Re(10):Re(10):Re(10):Off topic (" , posted Sun 17 Feb 11:33post reply

quote:

It's Neo CD exclusive, which makes it pretty bizarre in a number of respects.

Toxico
5766th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):Re(10):Re(10):Re(10):Off topic (" , posted Fri 5 Apr 00:38:post reply

Last Blade 1 Matches from I'm not boy 1 , 2

Real Bout 1 Matches from I'm not boy 1 , 2 , 3

Garou Densetsu Special Tournament over Nagoya Loop. At the behest of the uploader these will remain as niconico exclusive.
1 - Nico , 2 - Nico , 3 - Nico , 4 - Nico , 5 - Nico , 6 - Nico

Puyo Puyo tournament over a-cho

Pocket Fighter matches over a-cho

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

[this message was edited by Toxico on Fri 5 Apr 00:59]

Toxico
5807th Post

"Re(4):Re(10):Re(10):Re(10):Re(10):Off topic (" , posted Mon 22 Jul 14:30:post reply

Oh, just a friendly reminder that during the past last 3 months or so Get in the ring (the I'm not boy RB2 youtube channel) has been uploading footage like crazy. Mostly a bunch of casuals, there is probably a good couple of hundred of hours stocked there, so take that as you can.

The I'm not a boy RB1 channel, aka Ukyo's channel (famous RB1 player) has also been updated with a bunch of casuals sessions for RB1, but not nearly as much as Linn's channel.

Lastly, Koumei from the Meiroukai blog (Famous Garosupe site) has updated some GGPO footage from his pals, unfortunately he doesn't have a youtube channel and has made a personal request for not to have his footage re-uploaded. His nico mylist is here, I don't need to remind you that if you don't have a nico account, you can see the videos by pasting their HTTP addresses here

obscene voodoo dance teleport

edit :

MotW in a-cho. What a fully loaded Fatal Fury week.

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

[this message was edited by Toxico on Thu 25 Jul 02:24]

Toxico
5838th Post

"Re(5):Re(10):Re(10):Re(10):Re(10):Off topic (" , posted Wed 11 Sep 09:46post reply

Matsuri Goketsuji tournament

Justice Gauken Tournament

Justice Gauken Casuals

Chaos Code nesica casuals 1 , 2

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

Toxico
5846th Post

"Re(6):Re(10):Re(10):Re(10):Re(10):Off topic (" , posted Sat 5 Oct 03:48post reply

So, let's see....

KoF 01 puzzle mode game playthough : 1 , 2

KoF 94 Neo Station matches : 1 , 2 , 3

Real Bout kusoge Special matches from I'm not boy : 1 , 2 , 3

Mikado has been doing a bunch of tournaments for classic SNK games throughout the year, not only one or two tournament per game, and definitely not one or two games.

Samurai Shodown 2 / Shin Samu : 1 , 2

AoF 1

Samurai Shodown 1

.... They are holding more as we speak and some really weird games have been popping up (Samurai 64? really?), so look forward to the future.

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

Ishmael
4736th Post

"Re(7):Re(10):Re(10):Re(10):Re(10):Off topic (" , posted Sun 6 Oct 06:16post reply

quote:
Real Bout kusoge Special matches from I'm not boy : 1 , 2 , 3

Outside of the narrator I love this game in spite of its flaws. Often the FF games seem designed to be a showcase for the single player mode so I've been more forgiving of quirks in the gameplay as long as the presentation entertained me. That opinion may have also developed because I've rarely come upon another human being who wanted to play FF with me.

Maou
2552th Post

PSN: zonepharaoh

"Burning Justice" , posted Sun 6 Oct 06:35:post reply

quote:
Justice Gakuen Tournament
Justice Gakuen Casuals
Justice Gakuen for life

Toxico-tan, your new post notified me that I missed your previous Justice Gakuen tourney videos, and it's amazing what a big happy stupid smile that series always puts on my face. While it's shocking how little improved the models are from their PS1 counterparts, the music is so cheery and the designs are archetypal in that same brilliant way that makes Street Fighter II's leagues ahead of anyone else's. It's such an amazingly ripe series for further use, and at this point it's so very nostalgic of high school, too, and not just because friends and I cosplayed as Daigo and Hayato one time (true).

[this message was edited by Maou on Sun 6 Oct 08:57]

Toxico
5855th Post

"Re(1):Burning Justice" , posted Mon 21 Oct 11:10:post reply

An old (2012) Waku Waku 7 tournament at Ikebukuro Rhino : 1 , 2 , 3

Samurai Spirits Zero Special kouhaku sen in Akihabara : 1 , 2.

World Heroes 2 GaroBow Kumite (aka "Mr MVS") : here . I love how broken tiers and horrendous semi infinite guard pressure transcends time and international borders.

Gekka no Kenshi 1 casuals from I'm not boy : 1 , 2

Samurai Spirits 64 in Takadonobaba Mikado : here

Garou Densetsu 2 in Takadonobaba Mikado : here.

.... Catching up a 6 month break sure is hard. A full month and I'm not even close.

edit :

Old Touki Denshou Angel Eyes TRF Tournament : 1 , 2

Old SNES Ranma game Kanto vs Kansai : 1 , 2 , 3

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

[this message was edited by Toxico on Mon 21 Oct 11:27]

karasu99
1231th Post

"Re(2):Burning Justice" , posted Mon 21 Oct 11:24post reply

quote:
World Heroes 2 GaroBow Kumite (aka "Mr MVS") : here . I love how broken tiers and horrendous semi infinite guard pressure transcends time and international borders.

What a fantastic series. It's been waaaay too long since I played it myself. Thanks a million for posting this one!

www.secret-arts.com

Ishmael
4746th Post

"Re(3):Burning Justice" , posted Tue 22 Oct 01:56post reply

Wow, SS64! I hope they had a move list handy because I can't imagine anyone has been playing much SS64 recently.

Wao's Oni makes me very happy. Will Oni be the breakout star of USF4? Probably not but at least there's one guy out there who plays the character.

HokutoAndy
47th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(2):Burning Justice" , posted Wed 23 Oct 15:16post reply

Wow, glad to see Ranma with a tournament! I played that game a looong time ago, it was strange because there was a jump button, instead of just pressing up to jump.

Toxico
5865th Post

"Re(3):Burning Justice" , posted Thu 14 Nov 07:26post reply

So, let's see...

97' post duel in a-cho

00' post duel in a-cho

Justice Gakuen in A-cho : 1 , 2

NeoGeo Battle Coliseum tournament : 1 , 2

Outfoxies 8th ura tougeki : 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7

AoF 3 in Mikado

Zankuro Musouken (ss3) in Mikado

Old KoF 95 casuals : 1 , 2

Fighter's History Dynamite casuals : 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 (The last video is the best one).

Goketsuji Matsuri Casuals

Garou Densetsu Special Happy Land casuals : 1 , 2 , 3

KoF XI, on the spot commentary

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

Toxico
5893th Post

"Re(4):Burning Justice" , posted Wed 15 Jan 04:38:post reply

Good greetings, stalker here.

Dan ku ga casuals & a Kaiser Knuckle tournament

SSZero TAS Poppy

Metal Slug XX playthrough Leona & Ralf

Ninja Master casuals 1 , 2 , 3 , 4

Samurai Spirits Sen Akihabara Tournament 1 , 2 , 3 , 4

Ryuuko no Ken Mikado tournament

SS0S Akihabara Tournament 1 , 2 , 3 , 4

KoF 94 NeoGeo Station Battles 1 , 2 , 3 , 4

Buriki One Mikado Tournament

Kinnikuman Muscle Grand Prix 2 Tournament 1 , 2

Real Bout 2 Namba Avion Sega Tournament 1 , 2

Garou Densetsu 2 Mikado casuals

World Heroes 2 Mikado tournament

Outfoxies 9th ura tougeki 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6

Bonus :

Jojo bosses play Mario (nihongo intensive and awesome).

There can only be one at the summit! The ultimate life form vs Reality

I believe that to have fear is to be alive--- One must not give in to fear, one must overcome it! Diovolo battle

Yoshikage Kira just wants a quiet life

And next you'll say; "I'll make it disappear, that smiling smug of yours!!!" -- "I'll make it disappear, that smiling smug of you--- Ha!?" Eisidisi-tan vs Young Joseph

I'm here and thus I can only be myself Jo2ke vs Giorno

GLOOOOORRRIIIIAAAA (they so should have created more character for her) Aniki vs part 1 Dio

To be honest, these last batches of personal matches actually do make the game look pretty awesome. Surprising.

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

[this message was edited by Toxico on Mon 17 Mar 03:26]

Iggy
9714th Post

"Re(5):Burning Justice" , posted Wed 15 Jan 07:30post reply

Some of the matches are really good! They were a pleasure to watch.
                ____,,,,,____
             _,.-‐',ニ=-‐-、 `ヽ、
            / (ノ/ ,.==、 ヽ、  `ヽ,
          _,.='"  /  ,_,._ ゙'  }!ir‐- 、ヽ,
       _,.-''" /,,/,,)/ ,,==≡ト  ji} ,.=、ヽ,}i_   もう
   _,.-‐''"   /,,/,,//,,     ゙´_,,    ヾ {( )  あげちゃうわッ・・・
. _,-" _,.-j   /,,/,,//   、_  / `〉 ,,=≡ } `}   あたしのパンティ~!
ヾ_,.-' _,.-'  /  //   / `゛ー、'"    " / /} 〉
 _,.-''"_,.j  l   ヾ  /      `ゝ   ゙/ /〉/
{___,.-'/ _/ | i   }  {i       /   / /ノ丿
  ///  ハ j  }  ゞ、   /   / 〃 ソ
  {__/  {__/ 〉  丿  〃="   / 〈ソ /
       (\___/ \〃    / /〃/'"{__
       /\____丿__`ー-‐‐'" /〈ソ/ / ゝ-''"">、
   _,.-'"/   /ヽ  `ー--- / ヾ// / /  ̄  ̄\
  /  /   /  `ー----‐/ ({/ / / /       ヽ
  { /    /         { 〈{/ l  l l         }

Ishmael
4801th Post

"Re(6):Burning Justice" , posted Wed 15 Jan 12:29post reply

Thanks Toxico, you always bring the good stuff.

I somehow either never realized or intentionally forgot that in AoF1 characters could leap into the air with an attack and come back down from the jump with another attack. That's amazing.

justicekyo
737th Post

"Re(7):Burning Justice" , posted Tue 4 Feb 06:26post reply

quote:
Thanks Toxico, you always bring the good stuff.

I somehow either never realized or intentionally forgot that in AoF1 characters could leap into the air with an attack and come back down from the jump with another attack. That's amazing.

you guys sure know how to keep something alive, don't you? XD

anyway, i found this. seems the former president of Eolith jumped ship sometime not too long ago after the original went down. there's an off shot company now. seems like they haven't done much yet.

http://www.gamejob.co.kr/List_GI/GIB_Read.asp?GI_No=83878

website isn't up yet, but here's the URL.

http://www.neolith.co.kr/

Toxico
5894th Post

"Re(8):Burning Justice" , posted Mon 17 Mar 03:30:post reply

Acho has been going down and dirty....

Chaos Breaker 1 on 1 tournament

Chaor Breaker 3 people = 1 credit battle

Justice Gakuen 1 on 1 tournament

Justice Gakuen Cauals

Hokuto no Ken 1 on 1 tournament

SF EX plus 2 tournament

Non Acho :

SS2 mikado tournament 1 , 2

Fists of Fire tournament 1 , 2

Golden Axe Duel tournament 1 , 2

Kinnikuman Muscle Grand Prix 2 tournament 1 , 2

Fugo in Ranking Match

ACDC vs Lisa Lisa

Kawajiri vs Okuyasu

Puss* vs Shigechi

Joseph vs Kira & Jolyne

Kars vs Will A Zeppeli 1 , 2

Baoh vs Diavolo

Funny Valentine vs Gyro Zeppeli

As usual, the Jojo scene in Japan has been terribly awesome. All of my friends totally salivate when I show them some selected matches (along with the good old stand trivia ).

This comes out next week month on Europe (new cover and a exclusive how to be good guide book) and the US version still has an unannounced date (rumors said March, but it looks like that isn't going to be it)..... I don't even panthom how the hell I'm going to get the disk for this one (first time in my life I appreciate White Snake).

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

[this message was edited by Toxico on Mon 17 Mar 08:01]

Iggy
9733th Post

"Re(9):Burning Justice" , posted Mon 17 Mar 05:05post reply

Toxico, do you have an email that I can write you at/to/with/upon?

Toxico
5895th Post

"Re(10):Burning Justice" , posted Mon 17 Mar 08:06:post reply

quote:

I have el_baron_toxico on yahoo , hotmail & gmail, the yahoo one is the one that I check more oftenly (roughly 3 / 4 times a week unless some coworker is dicking around, then it's several times a day).

As a trivia, I'll tell you that the yahoo one I already gave it to you once aeons ago, and as a dutiful stalker I have saved and made criminal profile in your every mail so far (it's stuff about samusupi0supe).

Oh, and stuff that I forgot the previous post :

Heritage for the Future casuals

Old Joseph matches (the channel has a bunch more)

More casuals

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

[this message was edited by Toxico on Mon 17 Mar 08:07]

Iggy
9734th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):Burning Justice" , posted Mon 17 Mar 08:30post reply

I do not remember any of that, and since everyone knows I have EXCELLENT memory, it obviously didn't happen.
Email sent.

Professor
4014th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(2):Re(10):Burning Justice" , posted Mon 17 Mar 08:43post reply

quote:

Is everything ok there with this morning's quake?

Toxico
5896th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):Burning Justice" , posted Mon 17 Mar 08:50:post reply

quote:

Is everything ok there with this morning's quake?

From here to the evacuated cities it's more or less half country away (this is the largest country in South America btw (land size only, of course)).

In fact, I just realized that there it was one since I had the radio off during the afternoon.

Mail answered (yeah, I'll marry you).

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

[this message was edited by Toxico on Mon 17 Mar 09:45]

Ishmael
4840th Post

"Re(9):Burning Justice" , posted Mon 17 Mar 22:25post reply

quote:

SF EX plus 2 tournament

In a strange coincidence I played a few rounds of SFEX2 this weekend. Currently I'm culling my game collection so right now I'm trying to determine what games are classics, what titles were fun but have had their time and what is junk that has remained due to laziness. Even though it has been years since I played or even thought of the EX series I fired up the game and discovered that EX2 is still quite terrible.

Golden Axe Duel may also be on the chopping block but that's due to the huge US Saturn case as anything. Those things are as big as a loaf of bread.

Toxico
5917th Post

"Re(10):Burning Justice" , posted Thu 24 Jul 04:11post reply

Youtube's new format, where if one copipastes a link from a channel, and it comes out as a playlist; is simply dumb, stupid and horrible. Everytime you made a click, a baby kitten head explodes.

Stuff from Sega Avion, a Shinjuku Arcade :

Fighter's History Dynamite

NeoGeo Double Dragon

Aggressors of Dark Kombat / GanGan 1 , 2

The channel has more stuff, such as KoF 96 & 97 tournaments, Rainbow edition tournaments, zero 2, Fatal Fury Special and other stuff.

From Okayama prefecture Fantasista arcade :

Vampire Savior 2 on 2 tournament

Vampire Saviour Matches

Mark of the Wolves

More stuff on their channel, like Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax and other "modern gaming" stuff inside.

From Ko-hatsu

KoF 98 team battle

Akatsuki Blitzomething <- one of ko-hatsu most loved games, it even has a beginner's division.

Mark of he Wolves

RumbleFish 2 ver1.01

Psychic Force 2012

As I mentioned, ko-hatsu is known for variety, you can find a bunch of weird stuff on their channel, the uploading focus seems to be modern and popular gaming.

Goodies from a-cho :

Zero 3 casuals

Chaos Breaker casuals

Vampire Savior 1 on 1 tournament , and a 2 on 2 tournament

Chaos Breaker 1 on 1 tournament , and a 1 person, 1 character tournament

Puyo Puyo 1 on 1 tournament.

Kosaku vs Yoshikage 1 , 2 , 3

Fugo vs Abdul

Shigechi vs Gyro

Guido Mista vs the world (but not the stand ).

Wham vs Will Zeppeli 1 , 2

Diavolo vs Lisa Lisa

Bonus : RoF KDD- 0063

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

Iggy
9789th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):Burning Justice" , posted Fri 25 Jul 18:13post reply

Thanks for the videos, great selection as always!

Toxico
5932th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):Burning Justice" , posted Tue 25 Nov 06:08post reply

Ko-hatsu

Rumble Fish 2, ver 1.1

Akatsuki

World Heroes Perfect and Breakers

SSF2X

A-cho

Melty Blood don't jump again

Gekka no Kenshi 2

MotW

KoF XI

KoF 98

Zero 3

Ars Magna

Waku Waku 7 Casuals 1 , 2 , 3 , 4

SS64 cut ins and DMs

Outfoxies at Ura Tougeki 1 , 2 , 3 , 4

SS0SP at Ura Tougeki, great tournament 1 , 2 , 3 , 4

Gundam EX revue

Kinnikuman

Fists of Fire tournament 1 , 2 , 3

Ryuuko Gaiden

Garou Densetsu 3

World Heroes 2 Jet 1 , 2

Ehrgeiz 1 , 2 ,

Toshinden 2

Fighter's History Dynamite

Your Hero (aka Me) playing ASB with a friend. (Funny how a match up change sends me from 90% win avg to 90% lose avg)

Koichi vs Joseph

Jonathan vs Abdul

Caesar vs ACDC

Kars vs Gappy 1 , 2

Noriaki vs President

Ermes Matches

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

Spoon
2719th Post

"Re(4):Re(10):Burning Justice" , posted Tue 25 Nov 07:32post reply

quote:
TRF footage

I dream of one day going to a TRF tournament for some game and winning.

quote:
GENERAL

That isn't the first video there is of strong players being pitted against the infamous General! And in MUGEN AI tournaments, General is so fantastic. A character can get a lot done against even ridiculous monstrosities with the help a 0F startup, 0F recovery teleport.

Iggy
9822th Post

"Re(4):Re(10):Burning Justice" , posted Tue 25 Nov 08:26post reply

quote:
Ermes Matches

Not to disrespect your own matches (you manage to make Kôsaku look like an interesting character), but this person knows what's what.

Toxico
5933th Post

"Re(5):Re(10):Burning Justice" , posted Tue 25 Nov 15:11post reply

quote:
Ermes Matches
Not to disrespect your own matches (you manage to make Kôsaku look like an interesting character), but this person knows what's what.

Ah, there it was this guy who played Ermes and Annasui, I think; and most of his videos were in the "must watch" category.... He doesn't think play anymore, though

Many fun uploaders who aced certain chars don't play anymore; a sad time to like ASB in nico right now; so ASB 2 is just what we need along with naked vampires and Dino Riders.

Speaking of, I forgot from the previous batch :

Street Fighter Zero at Mikado 1 , 2

CvS Pro at Mikado 1 , 2

Street Fighter 2 Rainbow at Mikado... I think I see a pattern here?

Street Fighter the Movie at... Well, you can guess. Probably.

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

Maou
2701th Post

PSN: zonepharaoh

"Re(6):Re(10):Burning Justice" , posted Tue 25 Nov 17:20post reply

quote:
Street Fighter Zero at Mikado 1 , 2

Woah, Zero 1?! That never happens. Odd selections at that wonderful arcade. One time Prof. and I tried to get them to bring back the Zero 2 machine they'd sadly swapped for Zero 3, to seemingly no avail. I even wrote them! But now they have gone entertainingly too far back in time. I guess Zero 1's chain combos and tag team vs. Vega mode are cool?

Professor
4171th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(4):Re(10):Burning Justice" , posted Tue 25 Nov 19:52post reply

quote:
Your Hero (aka Me) playing ASB with a friend. (Funny how a match up change sends me from 90% win avg to 90% lose avg)

That weird combo with Dio from Jojo Part 1 always makes me laugh.
このディオが! モンキーなんだよォ!

quote:
One time Prof. and I tried to get them to bring back the Zero 2 machine they'd sadly swapped for Zero 3, to seemingly no avail. I even wrote them! But now they have gone entertainingly too far back in time. I guess Zero 1's chain combos and tag team vs. Vega mode are cool?

And I still can't find Zero 2 cabinets! Zero 1 is good too, the background with the Sonson stage.. I always thought the store's sign was blue, didn't realize it was green until just now when I saw the video. The dramatic battle (tag team vs. Vega mode) on the original arcade machines featured the anime's theme!

Ishmael
5028th Post

"Re(6):Re(10):Burning Justice" , posted Wed 26 Nov 01:36post reply

quote:
SS64 cut ins and DMs

It's so nice to see SS64 footage. It's not a great game but it certainly didn't deserve to be so neglected that it fell into limbo.

quote:
Street Fighter the Movie at... Well, you can guess. Probably.

Now you're just getting silly.

Toxico
6033th Post

STM: n/a
CFN: n/a

"Re(7):Re(10):Burning Justice" , posted Wed 1 Jun 13:28post reply

Thinking about it, that's right... I did made an habit of flashing my dirty underwear in this thread.

Now that the guys of Mikado made their own youtube channel, you can find bizillion of classic video matches for many games by a seemingly dedicated crew, like.....

Samurai Spirits 64 tournament.... or

SF EX2 tournament; or a Zero 2 tournament, or....

Double Dragon (NeoGeo) tournament, or.....

Mutant Fighter / デスブレイド tournament

..... As I said, they have more thing that you can possibly imagine, like Virtua Fighter 3, Tekken 3, galaxy fight, and even stuff like Final Fight Revenge.....

Nakano TRF has done the same, with one of their attendants starting a dedicated channel to their events; you can find a little bit more of a traditional line up, but they still include stuff like

Wild Ambition tournament

Skull Girls

Money Idol Exchanger

And many other oddities, like their multi cabinet tournaments where they play many games one round each, gauging from Quiz KoF towards Gals panics and the like.

On the other side, Ko-hatsu knows how to keep the heat on with their usual selections, such as....

Psychic Force matches

Bloody Roar 3

Yatagarasu

Chaos Breaker

Tokimeki Memorial

In other sides of the net, we have that strangely a-cho has changed their line up to a much more modern one compared to what they uploaded a year or a little bit more ago; sadly they have no tekken 7 (their tekken crew was rather talented). Well, even if they dress in a tuxedo, they are still the band of monkeys that can play interesting games when they get pumped up.

PuyoPuyo

Zero 3

Chazumaru no Ken

Vampire Saviour

Battle Flip Shot / Flying Power Disk

...... And, I'll leave it at that today?

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ