Sensenic! How long have you been readin MSPA? - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (2059 Views )

Megane
478th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Gold Customer

"Sensenic! How long have you been readin MSPA?" , posted Tue 25 May 17:06post reply

Haven't finished Problem Sleuth, since I grew tired of the final battle, but I'll get back to it soon. Right now I'm following Homestuck. With the recent developments I am WTFing all over the place and basically having trouble sorting it all out in my head.

PSN:BlakeMaxwell3

Replies:

Sensenic
1696th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(1):Sensenic! How long have you been readin" , posted Wed 26 May 07:19post reply

How long?
Well, I don't remember, but long enough to have read all of PS, put myself up-to-date with the local memes and injokes by reading the first two (which are very short, and Jailbreak is quite funny as well) and then got up-to-date with HS.

Not that much, though, as I did several "semi-marathonian" sessions for the 2 big ones. Perhaps 1 year? Give or take some months.

What can I say? PS did really captivate me.

quote:
Haven't finished Problem Sleuth, since I grew tired of the final battle, but I'll get back to it soon. Right now I'm following Homestuck. With the recent developments I am WTFing all over the place and basically having trouble sorting it all out in my head.

The final battle is tiresome, yeah

Spoiler (Highlight to view) -
What with it being about 2/3rds of the whole thing.

End of Spoiler

Its neverending length is referenced within the story itself several times for a reason. ^_^;

But I felt the ending did compensate for all the looooooooong build up.
Spectacular.

Homestuck, on the other hand... It began great, and it's very innovative, but by now it's sort of a rollercoaster. Not in pacing -thing's getting slower than PS-, but in "enjoyability".

It can hit really boring lows for a while, in part thanks to its "overcomplicatedness" and so many parallel plot threads being open a the same time (troll chats... ), but from time to time it still hits something that makes me go "Yeah!"

Funnily enough, from what I've read this "something" can be different for everyone. I, for example, have ended up liking and enjoying much more the exiles' side of the thing, probably because of its relatively simple story and the more problem-sleuth-like, endearing silent characters.

That and the big flash updates, which tend to be spectacular in their own right (if the last music themes have been somewhat lacking, for me).

What I like the best about MSPA, though, is still the first thing I saw: The beginning (the first... 2? 3 chapters?) of PS and its completely hilarious absurdness and randomness... that somehow kept adding up and forming a pretty coherent plot all the while.

There ya go, you have awakened the wall-poster in me that I had managed to put to sleep. :p

Mannerly Highbrow politely asks you to play MS Paint Adventures.
Also play:

"Don't give me that crap about real life. There ain't no such animal."
-Felix Leiter-