Iggy
9114th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"MvC3" , posted Tue 20 Apr 18:51post reply

Probably worthy of its own thread...?

Trailer

Wolverine/Ironman/Hulk vs Ryu/Morrigan/Chris Redfield

In the silhouettes at the beginning, I can see Dante, Chunli and Felicia, possibly? I don't know much about the heroes of deadly underwear-upon-the-pants, but possibly Doom, Nightpool and Captain America...?

The animation for the shinkű hadôken looks like the TvC one. Re-use of the animation, updated 3D models? Go Ryota go!

Replies:

whitesword
1673th Post

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(1):MvC3" , posted Tue 20 Apr 18:59post reply

I do hope they'll keep the option of Japanese voices for the SF cast at least. That Shinkuu Hadouken was kinda painful.

quote:
I don't know much about the heroes of deadly underwear-upon-the-pants, but possibly Doom, Nightpool and Captain America...?

I think you mean Deadpool!

Iggy
9115th Post

"Re(2):MvC3" , posted Tue 20 Apr 19:10post reply

quote:

Possibly, my neighbour didn't brushed his teeth this morning.
I also think I don't care about the Marvel half of the cast except for Shuma Gorath.

Shin ATproof
1237th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(3):MvC3" , posted Tue 20 Apr 19:13post reply

quote:
I also think I don't care about the Marvel half of the cast except for Shuma Gorath.

I hope Doctor Strange is in the game. I always wanted him to be in this series ever since Shuma Gorath was put in MSH.

Sí mon con langosta y camarón

Toxico
4952th Post

"Re(3):MvC3" , posted Tue 20 Apr 19:24post reply

quote:

Why is it always about membranes with you?

Unrelated (and no pun intended)

Oh, about the game.... It's too early for me to say anything..... I wonder how many charas will they try to cast for this.

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・
Update 21 as of 29/01/10 (Temporary mega upload link).

Now sponsoring : video game analogies (ES)
Last update : Chapter 16 as of 13/04/10

GekigangerV
1647th Post

"Re(4):MvC3" , posted Tue 20 Apr 21:13post reply

So how long Capcom is gonna tease us with the roster? I hope we get a leak like SF4 just to get it over with.

The second thought that pops into my mind is I wonder how Udon will be involved in this. They seem to get their hand into pretty much every Capcom fighter brought over to the States for the last 5 years. I hope they use a different artist than the guy who did the On-line re-release of MvC2.

Cal Dodd better be Wolverine again, he was great and his growl was pretty damn good.

Just a Person
1375th Post

"Re(5):MvC3" , posted Tue 20 Apr 21:48post reply

Amazing trailer! Now we just need to see some gameplay videos/screenshots...

About the roster, some rumors (the same ones that mentioned the game would be presented today) mentioned the players would be amazed at the amount of characters already available on the disc in MvC3, so I expect at least 28 characters (the initial amount of characters in the Arcade version of MvC2). 56 characters may be too much considering all characters will be remade in 3D and may not have the same abilities as in the 2D games.

The same rumors mentioned Spider-Man, Magneto and Storm were also confirmed in MvC3. I just hope both Chun-Li and Psylocke are in the game to be my tag team; Chun-Li will definitely be in it, but I'm not so sure about Psylocke...

I can be any person in the world... maybe I'm this person right in front of you... maybe I'm not.

Megane
472th Post

Gold Customer

"MAHVEL BAYBEE" , posted Tue 20 Apr 22:06post reply

quote:
Amazing trailer! Now we just need to see some gameplay videos/screenshots...

About the roster, some rumors (the same ones that mentioned the game would be presented today) mentioned the players would be amazed at the amount of characters already available on the disc in MvC3, so I expect at least 28 characters (the initial amount of characters in the Arcade version of MvC2). 56 characters may be too much considering all characters will be remade in 3D and may not have the same abilities as in the 2D games.

The same rumors mentioned Spider-Man, Magneto and Storm were also confirmed in MvC3. I just hope both Chun-Li and Psylocke are in the game to be my tag team; Chun-Li will definitely be in it, but I'm not so sure about Psylocke...

I think Psylocke has a good chance of getting in, if the roster is going to be larger than MvC2.
- Member of X-Men
- Ninja
- Sexy (Asian) Female

There aren't a lot of female Marvel characters that specialize in martial arts. Psylocke should at least get priority over other filler females if Capcom needs to pad the roster numbers.

I was thinking, with MvC3 most likely being based on the TvC engine, can they mimic the frantic chaos of MvC2 that people love? I keep hearing the criticism that TvC is either slow or sluggish, but I haven't really played it or watched many videos of it.

Yamazaki_RJ
15th Post

New Customer

"Re(6):MvC3" , posted Tue 20 Apr 22:09post reply

I give some photoshop love to the logos:

Capcom

Marvel

Regards.

Ishmael
3760th Post

"Re(7):MvC3" , posted Tue 20 Apr 22:21post reply

The opening shots of the Ryu/Wolverine fight gave off a Marvel Nemesis vibe to me, which is a reference I don't think anybody wants. I do, however, love that the trailer not only acknowledges that it's been ten years since the last game but uses it as a selling point.

quote:

Capcom

Marvel

Regards.

Thanks, that's helpful. I think Iggy's initial guesses are correct, although that might be Chris instead of Dante. Still, two of the characters elude me. On the Capcom side I can't figure out who the person between Ryu and Chun Li is. I'm pretty sure it's a female character but I can't identify any distinguishing features. On the Marvel side the person waving "hello" on the end is also too obscure for me to make any guesses. Oh well, the whole point of hyping a game is to dribble out information to build up hype so I guess Capcom is doing a good job.

whitesword
1675th Post

"Re(8):MvC3" , posted Tue 20 Apr 22:32:post reply

quote:

Thanks, that's helpful. I think Iggy's initial guesses are correct, although that might be Chris instead of Dante. Still, two of the characters elude me. On the Capcom side I can't figure out who the person between Ryu and Chun Li is. I'm pretty sure it's a female character but I can't identify any distinguishing features.

The guy looks a bit like Jean Gene from Godhand, and the girl might be...Fong Ling?

Edit: Dante is still more likely though
Oh and the one waving his hand on the Marvel side might be the Super Skrull?

[this message was edited by whitesword on Tue 20 Apr 23:00]

Megane
473th Post

Gold Customer

"Curtains Raised" , posted Wed 21 Apr 00:16post reply

http://kotaku.com/5518024/marvel-vs-capcom-3-will-be-a-living-comic-with-a-deep-story
quote:

The gameplay-free trailer shows that Wolverine, the Hulk, Iron Man, Street Fighter's Ryu, Darkstalker's Morrigan and Resident Evil's Chris Redfield will be in the game. It also hints at the appearance of Captain America, Super Skrull, Chun-Li, Deadpool, Felicia, Dante or Nero, Spencer or Wesker, Mephisto, Rad Spencer and Doctor Doom. The inclusion of Redfield in the game is indicative of the direction the game's developers are headed in terms of Capcom character selection, Killian said.

While the game could certainly support any number of characters, Niitsuma said that time constraints led the team to shoot for a bit more than 30 characters in the game.

While downloadable content for the game, most likely new characters, is certainly possible, no DLC plans have yet been locked in, said Capcom's Seth Killian.

"There are a couple of different directions they're thinking about," he said.

And unlike previous Marvel Vs. Capcom games, this latest iteration will have a strong storyline.

"It's important that game's have strong stories for Marvel," Baker said. "With fighting games it's not as essential as an action game or role playing game but we are very much insisting there be some cohesive kind of story for this game.

Evenor
722th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(3):MvC3" , posted Wed 21 Apr 00:35:post reply

quote:

Possibly, my neighbour didn't brushed his teeth this morning.

How about Spiral!? I always had her on my team with Shuma Gorath due to their similarities.

I hope this game doesn't become obsolete when Capcom decides to give it the SSF4 treatment. they know that money doesn't just grow on trees!

Edit:Is story REALLY that important in fighting games? I do like the back story of characters (specifically KOF) but I don't see how a story in a game like this would even matter.

drink from me and live forever

[this message was edited by Evenor on Wed 21 Apr 00:41]

Tai-Pan
448th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):MAHVEL BAYBEE" , posted Wed 21 Apr 00:37post reply

quote:

I was thinking, with MvC3 most likely being based on the TvC engine, can they mimic the frantic chaos of MvC2 that people love? I keep hearing the criticism that TvC is either slow or sluggish, but I haven't really played it or watched many videos of it.

They are developing this using the MT framework tools.
Did they use them on TvsC as well?

"Those who follow the path of a warrior must be ready to die in order to stand for one's convictions live for one's convictions die for one's convictions"

whitesword
1675th Post

"Re(4):MvC3" , posted Wed 21 Apr 00:47post reply

quote:

Edit:Is story REALLY that important in fighting games? I do like the back story of characters (specifically KOF) but I don't see how a story in a game like this would even matter.

It matters for Marvel if they want to make comics based on the game.

nobinobita
714th Post

"Re(7):MvC3" , posted Wed 21 Apr 00:57post reply

quote:

Capcom

Marvel

Regards.

Thanks for the help! Can i repost those images elsewhere? They're very handy.

quote:
The guy looks a bit like Gene from Godhand, and the girl might be...Fong Ling?

I agree, the hair looks more like Gene. It'd be a fun, gutsy, fan pleasing move for em if it was him. Might also be Wesker?

The girl could be Natsu from Rival Schools:

http://www.creativeuncut.com/gallery-10/art/rs-natsu-ayuhara.jpg

Though if it is, she looks a bit thin.

Yamazaki_RJ
17th Post

New Customer

"Re(8):MvC3" , posted Wed 21 Apr 01:15:post reply

Hmm, a storyline. It's good, because the s... WHAT!? ALMOST 100 SOUNDTRACKS!? Wow, the game really will take us for a ride this time.

quote:
Thanks for the help! Can i repost those images elsewhere? They're very handy.

Yup, feel free to do it.

[this message was edited by Yamazaki_RJ on Wed 21 Apr 01:19]

Just a Person
1376th Post

"Re(1):Curtains Raised" , posted Wed 21 Apr 01:16post reply

quote:
While the game could certainly support any number of characters, Niitsuma said that time constraints led the team to shoot for a bit more than 30 characters in the game.

It's a good number, IMO. Sure, far from the 56 ones from MvC2, but many of them weren't that recognizable anyway (Blackheart, Silver Samurai, two Wolverines, Servbot, Marrow - as much as I LOVE her -, Anakaris, SonSon, Amingo, Hayato, etc.).

quote:
And unlike previous Marvel Vs. Capcom games, this latest iteration will have a strong storyline.

The two previous games had their own storylines as well, if I remember. Sure, MvC1's was only learned from Captain America's ending (he brought the people from Capcom to his universe to help stop Onslaught, even though that doesn't explain why they keep fighting each other instead of going straight against him), and MvC2's was quite generic (Ruby Heart summoning people from both universes to help her stop Abyss, again with lots of senseless fights between the heroes during the journey), but they were there.

I can be any person in the world... maybe I'm this person right in front of you... maybe I'm not.

Ishmael
3762th Post

"Re(8):MvC3" , posted Wed 21 Apr 01:34post reply

So who is in so far? Right now from Capcom it's Ryu, Morrigan and Chris with Chun Li and Felicia being pretty much confirmed. This Shinkiro shot makes it look like Dante or Nero is in as well. The neck wear on the guy second to the right in this shot gives me hope for Gene but those outlines are so generic it's hard to make any guesses.

For Marvel there's Wolverine, Iron Man and Hulk. Thanks to Shinkiro yet again Captain America, Deadpool and Super Skrull can be made out as well. It also looks like Doctor Doom and Mephisto are in the shot but I wouldn't commit to it right now. Mephisto could just as easily be Dormammu or somebody with really big hair. There also appears to be some sort of femme fatale in the corner who could easily be Black Widow, Psylocke, or any other slinky heroine.

quote:

The guy looks a bit like Gene from Godhand, and the girl might be...Fong Ling?

I agree, the hair looks more like Gene. It'd be a fun, gutsy, fan pleasing move for em if it was him. Might also be Wesker?

The girl could be Natsu from Rival Schools:

http://www.creativeuncut.com/gallery-10/art/rs-natsu-ayuhara.jpg

Though if it is, she looks a bit thin.

Wow, that could be either Fong Ling or Natsu. The size would be about right for either of them, since while Natsu was sort of a tall girl that was only in comparison to the other school kids she ran around with.

whitesword
1676th Post

"Re(9):MvC3" , posted Wed 21 Apr 01:47post reply

quote:

Wow, that could be either Fong Ling or Natsu. The size would be about right for either of them, since while Natsu was sort of a tall girl that was only in comparison to the other school kids she ran around with.

Oooh ooh, I know! It's Elza Walker from Resident Evil 1.5!

Iggy
9117th Post

"Re(9):MvC3" , posted Wed 21 Apr 02:00:post reply

quote:
The size would be about right for either of them, since while Natsu was sort of a tall girl that was only in comparison to the other school kids she ran around with.

The problem is the girl looks like she has high heels, and Natsu clearly doesn't. I really don't see...
I like the fact that the 2x5 silhouettes are a teaser in themselves. The Capcom guy near Felicia could be Batsu, or any generic male character, really.

[this message was edited by Iggy on Wed 21 Apr 02:01]

Badoor
120th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(10):MvC3" , posted Wed 21 Apr 02:01post reply

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/captivate-10-marvel-vs/64653
According to this interview with Ryota Niitsuma the character count is going to be around....Firty???

Gojira
2604th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):MvC3" , posted Wed 21 Apr 03:51:post reply

That's it?

I'm hoping it's just because people have been waiting for the game itself for 10 years that this is "big news" because the teaser was pretty dull and forgettable.

Of course I said the same thing when the first SF4 trailer came out and changed my mind when I actually saw the game, but the press release doesn't give me much hope. "Living comic book" style? The last time I was impressed with a game that promised this was never. The fact they would even think it necessary to promise this fills me with doubt.

At least the promotional image looks nice. Never thought I'd see Shinkiro drawing Marvel characters.

shipoopi

[this message was edited by Gojira on Wed 21 Apr 03:52]

Tai-Pan
449th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(3):Re(10):MvC3" , posted Wed 21 Apr 04:16post reply

quote:
"Living comic book" style? The last time I was impressed with a game that promised this was never.

Comix Zone did a pretty good job IMO

"Those who follow the path of a warrior must be ready to die in order to stand for one's convictions live for one's convictions die for one's convictions"

GekigangerV
1648th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):MvC3" , posted Wed 21 Apr 04:28post reply

quote:

At least the promotional image looks nice. Never thought I'd see Shinkiro drawing Marvel characters.

Shinkiro actually did a couple of covers to some Spiderman comics two or three years ago.

http://www.samruby.com/Unlimited/Large/Spider-ManUnlimited2V08.jpg

http://www.comicbookresources.com/images/previews/covers/marvel/ShinkiroSpiderman1_sm.jpg

Either way it is still weird to see Shinkiro do some of those other Marvel Characters. Hulk's haircut stands out. His Wolverine is pretty good though.

Ishmael
3763th Post

"Re(4):Re(10):MvC3" , posted Wed 21 Apr 04:28post reply

Interesting little blurb from MvC's Twitter account: The character art you see around teh interwebs is NOT key art. Those are in-game character models! SUPRISE!

Spoon
1932th Post

Gold Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(5):Re(10):MvC3" , posted Wed 21 Apr 05:08post reply

quote:
Interesting little blurb from MvC's Twitter account: The character art you see around teh interwebs is NOT key art. Those are in-game character models! SUPRISE!

Like SF4 with filtered/painted-over character models for some of the promotional images?

nobinobita
715th Post

"Re(4):Re(10):MvC3" , posted Wed 21 Apr 05:51post reply

quote:
"Living comic book" style? The last time I was impressed with a game that promised this was never.

I think Marvel vs Capcom 1 & 2 did a darn good job IMHO.

Mosquiton
1758th Post

Silver Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(1):MvC3" , posted Wed 21 Apr 08:38post reply

Morrigan's boobs look spectacular. So awesome in fact that they censored them in the trailer by modifying her costume.

I wish they would give her a gameplay update to go along with the new model... maybe something similar to what they did with Chun-Li in 3rd Strike?

This may not be the game for it I guess... I just want an incentive to play her besides awesome boobs.

/ / /

Mozex
409th Post

Gold Customer

"Speaking of Morrigan" , posted Wed 21 Apr 09:16post reply

I will be very upset if there isn't an easter egg that lets you pick her original Darkstalkers sprite instead of the 3D model. We need to keep her looking terrible in VS games!

Be kind to goblins.

nobinobita
716th Post

"Re(6):Re(10):MvC3" , posted Wed 21 Apr 09:39post reply

quote:

Like SF4 with filtered/painted-over character models for some of the promotional images?

Looks like they got some Marvel artists to ink over the models and then color them. I guess it's impressive that they've got the comtemporary superhero comic look down. I'm not a big fan of this style though. Everything's so dark and angsty and over detailed with arbitrary spot blacks and colors that are simultaneously oversaturated and muddy. I liked Super Hero books much more when they were colorful and fun and focused on stylish dynamic art rather than weak attempts at realism.

There are some cool Marvel artists out there though. Ed McGuinness and Dexter Vines are pretty awesome. It'd be great if they were the Marvel liaisons on this game.

Gojira
2604th Post

"Re(5):Re(10):MvC3" , posted Wed 21 Apr 09:39post reply

About the female outline on the left of the Shinkiro image, I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's Spider-Woman. Since I'm almost sure they're going to follow the Invasion storyline.

quote:

Shinkiro actually did a couple of covers to some Spiderman comics two or three years ago.

http://www.samruby.com/Unlimited/Large/Spider-ManUnlimited2V08.jpg

http://www.comicbookresources.com/images/previews/covers/marvel/ShinkiroSpiderman1_sm.jpg

Either way it is still weird to see Shinkiro do some of those other Marvel Characters. Hulk's haircut stands out. His Wolverine is pretty good though.

That's right, I forgot. Ironically he may not be drawing Spidey for MvC3, with the overprotected state the Spiderman license is currently in.

quote:

I think Marvel vs Capcom 1 & 2 did a darn good job IMHO.

My comments was more on the 3D side of said promise. Though I don't have specific examples I'm sure people have already accomplished that "living comic book" look in 2D through the magic of copy/paste.

shipoopi

nobinobita
717th Post

"Re(6):Re(10):MvC3" , posted Wed 21 Apr 10:20post reply

quote:

My comments was more on the 3D side of said promise. Though I don't have specific examples I'm sure people have already accomplished that "living comic book" look in 2D through the magic of copy/paste.

I know, I was just poking fun.

I've heard that anyone who suggests that game should have been 2d is being torn to pieces on SRK. Which is funny cos, you know, comic books are 2d, traditional animation is 2d... they just work together so well!

Megane
474th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(6):Re(10):MvC3" , posted Wed 21 Apr 10:39post reply

quote:

That's right, I forgot. Ironically he may not be drawing Spidey for MvC3, with the overprotected state the Spiderman license is currently in.

Son of a bitch!

I guess they'd have to resort to Scarlet Spider or 2099 Miguel O'Hara then.
Still, yeah, the lack of Spidey as a starting reveal is worrying for TRUE BELIEVERS.

(EXCELSIOR!)

Hagen de Merak
1064th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(7):Re(10):MvC3" , posted Wed 21 Apr 10:58post reply

So with MvC3 announced 10 years later, is it possible that in the future there's a chance for CvS3?

Toxico
4953th Post

"Re(8):Re(10):MvC3" , posted Wed 21 Apr 11:11post reply

quote:
So with MvC3 announced 10 years later, is it possible that in the future there's a chance for CvS3?

I always thought that has been a long while since the price on SNK IPs has devalued enough to grant an easy cheap deal for any project like that. The fact that we don't have any announcement about it just show the lack of will to do it.

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・

nobinobita
718th Post

"Re(9):Re(10):MvC3" , posted Wed 21 Apr 11:55post reply

quote:

I always thought that has been a long while since the price on SNK IPs has devalued enough to grant an easy cheap deal for any project like that. The fact that we don't have any announcement about it just show the lack of will to do it.

I am hoping for an SvC2 with KOFXIII style sprites.
That would be THE BEST.

Just a Person
1377th Post

"Re(6):Re(10):MvC3" , posted Wed 21 Apr 13:33post reply

quote:
About the female outline on the left of the Shinkiro image, I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's Spider-Woman. Since I'm almost sure they're going to follow the Invasion storyline.

I guess the female outline is supposed to be from Capcom... aren't the outlines in the Shinkiro image the same ones (although probably in different positions) than the ones appearing in the beginning of the MvC3 trailer? The ones behind the Marvel and Capcom logos? There was no female outline on the Marvel side in the trailer, but there was a third female one on the Capcom side, besides Felicia and Chun-Li.

Anyway, I'd love to see Spider-Woman in this game! But do you think they are following the Secret Invasion storyline? Hulk is confirmed in the game, and I don't remember him having any part in the event...

Well, Capcom just needs to add Psylocke and I'll be a happy person! I know I mentioned her before, but when Capcom said the game will have around 30 characters they got me a little worried that she may not make the cut in favor of the iconic characters (Spider-Man, Storm, Captain America, the Fantastic Four, Thor) and of the recently superpopular ones (Luke Cage, Sentry, Spider-Woman, X-23). Nowadays, the Avengers seem to have surpassed the X-Men in terms of popularity, so I don't see the X-Men getting as many spots as they got in MvC2...

Spoon
1933th Post

"Re(10):Re(10):MvC3" , posted Wed 21 Apr 16:26post reply

quote:

That would be THE BEST.

If by "SvC2" you mean "SvC:MOTM 2" then ok.

Burning Ranger
1648th Post

",,," , posted Wed 21 Apr 20:23post reply

I've been reading some of the chatter on SRK...people are already b*tching about the game with many saying they don't want any deviation from their precccious MvC2. Makes me sad, really.

Anyway, I'm excited, though sad I have to wait a year to play it.

I do hope the devs take recent Marvel 'events' into consideration when it comes to character designs (Civil War, Secret Invasion, Siege (*ugh*)). It would be cool to have the new version of Capt America as well as the original. Boss? It has to be the Skrulls... Plus, if Deadpool really is in the game, that would be awesome.

Similarly, adding newer Capcom characters would be a plus. Gene, Frank West, maybe some SF4 characters too.

So much to do so little time...

Loona
310th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(2):Re(10):Re(10):MvC3" , posted Wed 21 Apr 22:30post reply

quote:

That would be THE BEST.

If by "SvC2" you mean "SvC:MOTM 2" then ok.

Only 3D can do justice to shout outs, mythology gags and continuity porn that helped make MotM wonderful, like a crossover version of MI2's finer points, only with better grapics.

That vscapcom.com domain looks mighty teasing, although I'm unsure after a flashy mainstream juggernaut like MvC3 Capcom will bother to cooperate on something that sticks to more traditional fighting game mechanics.

"Beat the machine that works in your head!" - Guano Apes "Open Your Eyes"

Iggy
9118th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):Re(10):MvC3" , posted Wed 21 Apr 23:30:post reply

Couldn't the mysterious girl on Capcom's side be Kasuga, from Basara?
According to the art style, her hair could have that flat effect, and she definitely share the same pelvic flexibility as the silhouette on Shinkirô's cover art...

Or of course, if they're not afraid of duplicates...
Damnit!

[this message was edited by Iggy on Thu 22 Apr 00:37]

Just a Person
1378th Post

"Re(1):,,," , posted Wed 21 Apr 23:50post reply

quote:
I've been reading some of the chatter on SRK...people are already b*tching about the game with many saying they don't want any deviation from their precccious MvC2. Makes me sad, really.

Anyway, I'm excited, though sad I have to wait a year to play it.

I do hope the devs take recent Marvel 'events' into consideration when it comes to character designs (Civil War, Secret Invasion, Siege (*ugh*)). It would be cool to have the new version of Capt America as well as the original. Boss? It has to be the Skrulls... Plus, if Deadpool really is in the game, that would be awesome.

Similarly, adding newer Capcom characters would be a plus. Gene, Frank West, maybe some SF4 characters too.

Well, Wolverine's design in MvC3 seems to be the Cassaday one. It's fresher than the same 90s look, but not his most recent one (that would be Bianchi's Manifest Destiny uniform), although they are quite similar. And chronologically it fits with most of the recent Marvel events (not with Siege, though, and I'm not sure if that's the uniform he wore during Secret Invasion).

As for SFIV characters, from the moment Capcom first showed C.Viper's gameplay I always thought she would fit perfectly in a crossover game, with her super jumps and flashy special moves. But with the number of characters being around 30, I think she would have quite low chances to be in it - and from all the SFIV/SSFIV characters, she's the one I consider to have the greatest chances, maybe followed by Seth...

Count Hihihi
240th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(2):,,," , posted Thu 22 Apr 00:18post reply

I'm afraid to even think about who I want to see in the game from the Marvel side considering how terrible the costume designs are these days.

Makes me glad that Kraven is dead.

Kotaku Ono and the Fanboy spirit.

whitesword
1678th Post

"Re(3):,,," , posted Thu 22 Apr 00:50:post reply

I'd like to see Darkhawk or Nova on Marvel's side, and anyone from Breath of Fire on Capcom's

And Amingo. Amingo was goddamned underrated.

Edit: AND GORILLA-MAN

[this message was edited by whitesword on Thu 22 Apr 00:57]

karasu99
335th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(4):,,," , posted Thu 22 Apr 01:06:post reply

I'll be honest: I haven't read a Marvel comic in years, so any Marvel character I would suggest that I would like to see is likely to have been entirely changed from how I remember them (circa 2000 at the latest), and perhaps even killed and resurrected a few times. I guess if I had to pick one it would be... Iron Fist, who wiki tells me has been back in comics of late. Maybe Moon Knight too. Which of course inspires me to re-read some weird 1970's comics.

On the Capcom side I am hoping they will follow the TvC route and bring in some folks who haven't appeared in fighting games before, and who are perhaps even very slightly obscure. I was initially sad to see that Morrigan had made it into yet another game, but I suppose I shouldn't complain too much.

Overall, I am just hoping that this keeps its promise of 30+ characters. I think it's unreasonable to think it could be as huge as MvC2 was-- especially since most of the characters and their animations were pillaged from the earlier Vs games.

[this message was edited by karasu99 on Thu 22 Apr 01:08]

Count Hihihi
241th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(5):,,," , posted Thu 22 Apr 02:02post reply

quote:
I'll be honest: I haven't read a Marvel comic in years, so any Marvel character I would suggest that I would like to see is likely to have been entirely changed from how I remember them (circa 2000 at the latest), and perhaps even killed and resurrected a few times. I guess if I had to pick one it would be... Iron Fist, who wiki tells me has been back in comics of late. Maybe Moon Knight too. Which of course inspires me to re-read some weird 1970's comics.

On the Capcom side I am hoping they will follow the TvC route and bring in some folks who haven't appeared in fighting games before, and who are perhaps even very slightly obscure. I was initially sad to see that Morrigan had made it into yet another game, but I suppose I shouldn't complain too much.

Overall, I am just hoping that this keeps its promise of 30+ characters. I think it's unreasonable to think it could be as huge as MvC2 was-- especially since most of the characters and their animations were pillaged from the earlier Vs games.

Iron Fist would be a great pick. Too bad they have pretty much ruined Namor. I'm pretty much a fan of every character Byrne was worked on.

And it's about fucking time Arthur appears as a playable character.

Gojira
2605th Post

"Re(7):Re(10):MvC3" , posted Thu 22 Apr 02:24post reply

quote:

Anyway, I'd love to see Spider-Woman in this game! But do you think they are following the Secret Invasion storyline? Hulk is confirmed in the game, and I don't remember him having any part in the event...

Well, I don't remember Chris Redfield having any part in any Marvel storyline, and he's confirmed in the game. Point is, if they wanted to add anyone they wanted, wanted to explain away any fighting between anyone that happens in the game, the storyline has a pretty convenient all-encompassing excuse.

shipoopi

karasu99
335th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(8):Re(10):MvC3" , posted Thu 22 Apr 03:21post reply

quote:
Point is, if they wanted to add anyone they wanted, wanted to explain away any fighting between anyone that happens in the game, the storyline has a pretty convenient all-encompassing excuse.

Wellll, I suspect that since product marketing has experienced tumor-like growth in the decade since the last game, most if not all of Marvel's choices may end up being driven by that kind of decision-making.

I will agree with the Count regarding Arthur. They have teased us with him so many times, it would be nice to actually play as him, in a game other than Gun Spike.

Megane
475th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(9):Re(10):MvC3" , posted Thu 22 Apr 09:48post reply

So, assuming at the least we'll have 15 characters for each side, what's the probable ratio of "Iconic Must-be-in"s and "Throw-the-loyal-fans-a-bone" characters?

And does anybody know why Breath of Fire characters have not appeared (outside of the card battle game) in any sort of Capcom-wide crossover yet?

Toxico
4957th Post

"Re(10):Re(10):MvC3" , posted Thu 22 Apr 10:43:post reply

quote:

And does anybody know why Breath of Fire characters have not appeared (outside of the card battle game) in any sort of Capcom-wide crossover yet?

Because the games bombed like nobody's business. The SNES era games where "ok" in sales, but could not break through as icons to the incredibly intense RPG market of the 16 bit era.

The 3rd one was really some type of... Should we say 'exploration' for capcom... But the revenue wasn't that great. The 4th one was incredibly ambitious as a project, with a mind blowing amount hand drawn frames. I remember reading on this very same site that it took something like "close to 4 years to draw" sprite wise, but despise everything the game still failed to break through as a huge, golden, bright, pretty cash cow of success. Games that are marvelously draw to the slightest detail then to blow in sales, it seems.

The fifth one is amazing, har har. But the design and thematic is not really everyone's coup of tea, also many people whined that it was a tough dungeon crawler instead of an "old school" rpg.

I don't even know if the staff that made the games is in capcom today.... But even if they are, they are likely busy with better things.

.... Considering these... "filled with average" ratings, the games really don't have any cultural impact in today geeks, I think that the series was even more successful outside japan than in there, but even then you don't find a bunch of BoF maniacs dedicated completely to the game and flashing avatar, tags and ASCII art related to the series wherever they go. (There is still communities though, on going manga & novels, and there it was that German fan remake, oh and even in these boards there it was someone with a psycho Nina theme, props to you (it was you, no?) har har).

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・

[this message was edited by Toxico on Thu 22 Apr 13:25]

nobinobita
719th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):Re(10):MvC3" , posted Thu 22 Apr 12:26post reply

quote:
. The 4th one was incredibly ambitious as a project, with a mind blowing amount hand drawn frames. I remember reading on this very same site that it took something like "close to 4 years to draw" sprite wise, but despise everything the game still failed to break through as a huge, golden, bright, pretty cash cow of success. Games that are marvelously draw to the slightest detail then to blow in sales, it seems.

BOF4 is like the Third Strike of RPGs. Really subtly beautiful. But the more you stare at it, the more it unfolds until it's the most ravishing game you've ever seen. Also, gotta love the setting.

And man, BOFV. A game about fighting tooth and nail to crawl out of a hole. Probably the best RPG ever made.

I would love to see BOF get some luv in MvC3.

Toxico
4957th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):Re(10):MvC3" , posted Thu 22 Apr 13:26post reply

Ohh, And I'll say it now... This game is likely to not interest me, unless they add D.D. or something.

I don't believe you at all

Official site

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・

Badoor
121th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(8):Re(10):MvC3" , posted Thu 22 Apr 15:21post reply

quote:

If we were to ever get a new CvS3 Capcom would probably do the same thing they did with MvC3 and SF4 by release CvS2 on PSN and XBLA (same with vanilla SF2 and MvC2) to test the interest of the market in a new sequel.

And according to this logic we can expect a new Final Fight or Magic Sword to be announced next year if the recent download becomes popular.

Also, Jean Reno better be in MvC3.

Iggy
9118th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):Re(10):MvC3" , posted Thu 22 Apr 19:53post reply

quote:
I don't even know if the staff that made the games is in capcom today.... But even if they are, they are likely busy with better things.

Goku Makaimura and Rockman 9.

Nekros
261th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(2):Re(10):Re(10):MvC3" , posted Fri 23 Apr 02:57post reply

quote:
I remember reading on this very same site that it took something like "close to 4 years to draw" sprite wise

The first Darkstalkers went that way.

I saw the trailer of MVC3, it was meh. Good colors, good effects but I wasn't impressed. Every software house is capable of doing good things in 3D, the mediocre Borderlands fps is equally good in terms of graphics as every thing seen in MVC3 trailer.
It lacks "magic" and "feelings", it feels to me like the game is something to be done, and to be done in that way.
One thing is postive: the staff is interely Japanese, gameplay may be safe.

Freeter
4506th Post

"Re(9):Re(10):MvC3" , posted Fri 23 Apr 03:40post reply

quote:
according to this logic we can expect a new Final Fight or Magic Sword to be announced next year if the recent download becomes popular.

If that happens it better be more like Tough and nothing like Streetwise. We don't need another zombie Cody.

Ishmael
3767th Post

"Re(10):Re(10):MvC3" , posted Fri 23 Apr 04:21post reply

quote:
according to this logic we can expect a new Final Fight or Magic Sword to be announced next year if the recent download becomes popular.

If that happens it better be more like Tough and nothing like Streetwise. We don't need another zombie Cody.

But do we need another zombie Belger?

mbisonhatclub
154th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):Re(10):Re(10):MvC3" , posted Fri 23 Apr 06:42post reply

quote:

How about a Cyber Belger

join the m.bison hat club today
i'm not just the president i'm also a client

Mosquiton
1762th Post

Silver Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(3):Re(10):Re(10):MvC3" , posted Sun 25 Apr 14:19post reply

quote:

How about a Cyber Belger

Only if he's become one with his wheelchair (or maybe he has tank treads or something) and you can still can uppercut him out of a skyscraper.

/ / /

mbisonhatclub
156th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(4):Re(10):Re(10):MvC3" , posted Sun 25 Apr 16:31post reply

quote:

Only if he's become one with his wheelchair (or maybe he has tank treads or something) and you can still can uppercut him out of a skyscraper.

You might have something there with him donning his wheelchair as a mechasuit, I would fund it

join the m.bison hat club today
i'm not just the president i'm also a client

nobinobita
739th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(4):Re(10):Re(10):MvC3" , posted Tue 4 May 08:07post reply

quote:

How about a Cyber Belger

If they ever make a CVS3, Belgar should team up with Geese Howard so the game can climax with double defenestration.

Spoon
1944th Post

"Re(5):Re(10):Re(10):MvC3" , posted Tue 4 May 10:31post reply

quote:

How about a Cyber Belger

If they ever make a CVS3, Belgar should team up with Geese Howard so the game can climax with double defenestration.

There should be a list of all game villains who have died by being shot/punched/thrown/staggered through a window. I'm pretty sure we could dig up enough on the Capcom side alone to make a full team of guys who die by going through a window.

Amakusa
844th Post

"Re(9):Re(10):MvC3" , posted Tue 4 May 12:20post reply

quote:

And according to this logic we can expect a new Final Fight or Magic Sword to be announced next year if the recent download becomes popular.

I'd love to play a new Magic Sword....

I found Kagami's sword in a junk yard.
I will rule the world and find that truly good cup of coffee.
"Dink-a-dink-a-dink-a-do."

Loona
314th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(5):Re(10):Re(10):MvC3" , posted Tue 4 May 18:32post reply

quote:

CvS3: We built this city on defenestration

"Beat the machine that works in your head!" - Guano Apes "Open Your Eyes"

whitesword
1680th Post

"4 more characters confirmed" , posted Sun 9 May 13:44post reply

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/may/08/four-new-marvel-vs-capcom-3-characters-confirmed/

Deadpool awesomeness confirmed

Evenor
725th Post

"Re(1):4 more characters confirmed" , posted Sun 9 May 14:28:post reply

quote:
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/may/08/four-new-marvel-vs-capcom-3-characters-confirmed/

Ironwoman?!

His legs are so weird there! His stance is almost at drag queen level.

drink from me and live forever

[this message was edited by Evenor on Sun 9 May 14:34]

Count Hihihi
246th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(1):4 more characters confirmed" , posted Sun 9 May 18:07post reply

quote:

I would have preferred Nightpool.

Seriously, I don't want to whine but Deadpool is not really a great character. I have a feeling that his inclusion means we won't see Daredevil or Iron Fist. Or Black Panther.

Iggy
9132th Post

"Re(1):4 more characters confirmed" , posted Mon 10 May 20:15post reply

Am I the only one who finds the graphic style extremely ugly? I suppose the Marvel characters look fine, but Morrigan... urgh.

Also, the guy who wrote the information tidbits probably/hopefully didn't play TvC, because it doesn't make a lot of sense.

Digitalboy
687th Post

"Re(2):4 more characters confirmed" , posted Mon 10 May 20:31post reply

You are not the only one. But all purist of any fighting game and especially of the MvC kind will say "it's not about the graphics, it's about the gameplay." I will buy it, but playing it is another subject.
quote:
Am I the only one who finds the graphic style extremely ugly? I suppose the Marvel characters look fine, but Morrigan... urgh.

Also, the guy who wrote the information tidbits probably/hopefully didn't play TvC, because it doesn't make a lot of sense.

I don't know how to live
But I've got alot of toys...

Tai-Pan
461th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(2):4 more characters confirmed" , posted Mon 10 May 23:20post reply

quote:

I find everything about this game repulsive. I hope my opinion changes with time..

Ishmael
3787th Post

PSN: Ishmael26b
XBL: n/a
Wii: n/a

"Re(2):4 more characters confirmed" , posted Tue 11 May 00:33post reply

Those initial screenshots make MvC3 look like a cross between TvC and that Data East Avengers game. That's quite the gruesome twosome when it comes to lineage.

Then again, the vs series have always been unpleasant looking games so I guess there is a precedence. Also, and more importantly, it's hard to judge a game on scanned in magazine shots. What does the game look like in motion? How do the characters move? What does it sound like? I can't make any guesses as to the final, complete package from these shots. For example, the hit and movement effects look like they are huge in this game. While I suspect that the game is going to be an explosion of colors a grainy shot of Ryu and Wolverine doing their thing doesn't give me much to work with.

quote:
Ironwoman?!

Seeing as how they are fighting in front of a Gay Pride parade sponsored by the Daily Bugle his stylish stance seems appropriate.

Spoon
1951th Post

"Re(3):4 more characters confirmed" , posted Tue 11 May 04:25post reply

quote:
Then again, the vs series have always been unpleasant looking games so I guess there is a precedence.

What what what

Did it suddenly become cool to hate on the Vs. series or something

HAYATO
970th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(3):4 more characters confirmed" , posted Tue 11 May 04:45post reply

quote:
Those initial screenshots make MvC3 look like a cross between TvC and that Data East Avengers game. That's quite the gruesome twosome when it comes to lineage.

So true... Sadly, I ought to concur: the plain, dull lighting and colors give the character an outmatched plastic-like appearance I haven't seen in ages. It seems the retro vibe of late has finally reached the mid 90's. Everyone rejoice in those Killer Instinct-styled graphics and keep the tender memories flooding back!!!

quote:

Ironwoman?!

Seeing as how they are fighting in front of a Gay Pride parade sponsored by the Daily Bugle his stylish stance seems appropriate.

Those Musqueteer-like boots makes me wonder whether our dear Tony Stark has definitely got fed up of women and decided to get out of the closet... Will he change his name to Iron Maiden? See it for yourself next month!!!

I must admit that the idea of a gay alcoholic kicking some ass while donned on a high-heeled battle suit, painted with the colors of Spain seems really promising to me!!!

And what's the matter with the guy on the background, just behind Morrigan? Is he having a seizure or what?

whitesword
1681th Post

"Re(2):4 more characters confirmed" , posted Tue 11 May 04:56post reply

quote:
I suppose the Marvel characters look fine, but Morrigan... urgh.

It's the lack of puffy hair when using Soul Fist.

I DEMAND PUFFY HAIR FOR MORRIGAN.

Count Hihihi
247th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(3):4 more characters confirmed" , posted Tue 11 May 04:57post reply

quote:
Data East Avengers game.

It's been so long since I played that game that I can't remember if game itself yells "SENTRYYY!!!" during the assist move.. or if it was just me.

quote:
And what's the matter with the guy on the background, just behind Morrigan? Is he having a seizure or what?

That's probably Lance Bannon trying to get a great shot.

NO

Ishmael
3790th Post

"Re(4):4 more characters confirmed" , posted Tue 11 May 07:29post reply

quote:
What what what

Did it suddenly become cool to hate on the Vs. series or something

No, that's just me expressing a personal and long held preference. Trust me, there ain't nobody out there looking to me to tell them what's cool.

Burning Ranger
1652th Post

"Re(3):4 more characters confirmed" , posted Sat 15 May 10:53post reply

quote:

I find everything about this game repulsive. I hope my opinion changes with time..

Weren't people saying the same thing when SFIV was first announced?

Anyway, the screenshots remind me of the very first shots that emerged from Capcom vs SNK. Basically, those had sprites put over backgrounds that did not even make it into the final game (Londo from Powerstone was one of the stages). Someone had said that the shots were released to create buzz then... probably that's what's being done now. I mean, there are no power bars or anything else that seem to hint that these are real in-game shots.

My point is: table your fears until we see gameplay.

GekigangerV
1652th Post

"Video" , posted Wed 16 Jun 04:46:post reply

So some videos popped up at IGN

http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/070/070921.html

Shows some gameplay with Ryu, Chris, Deadpool, Dante, Hulk and Cap.

Looks as fast paced as ever.

Deadpool has shoryuken.

*EDIT*

Extended CG Trailer

Link Here

[this message was edited by GekigangerV on Wed 16 Jun 05:33]

Just a Person
1409th Post

"Re(1):Video" , posted Wed 16 Jun 05:44post reply

quote:
So some videos popped up at IGN

http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/070/070921.html

Shows some gameplay with Ryu, Chris, Deadpool, Dante, Hulk and Cap.

Looks as fast paced as ever.

Deadpool has shoryuken.

*EDIT*

Extended CG Trailer

Link Here

I've seen some videos over the web, and it seems that the only confirmed characters not shown in the in-game footage so far are Morrigan and Felicia... what does Capcom have against the ladies? Well, other than that, the game looks very promising!

Cool trailer, BTW! But who is the fire guy? Doesn't look like Pyron, and definitely doesn't look like Jean Grey...

GekigangerV
1652th Post

"Re(2):Video" , posted Wed 16 Jun 05:55post reply

quote:

Cool trailer, BTW! But who is the fire guy? Doesn't look like Pyron, and definitely doesn't look like Jean Grey...

Dormammu

Just a Person
1410th Post

"Re(3):Video" , posted Wed 16 Jun 06:13post reply

quote:

Dormammu

Thanks! Wow, this character looks interesting. Nice choice, Capcom!

I hope Psylocke and Nightcrawler have some chance of being in MVC3 as well. And maybe Molly Hayes from the Runaways series (I mean, the kid is the Marvel character that would fit the best with Capcom's vibe...).

Toxico
5028th Post

"Re(3):Video" , posted Wed 16 Jun 06:16post reply

quote:

Dormammu

Oh, so he was that puff guy that was controlling Venom & Carnage back in the 90s. & Mondo is not a cool name.

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・

Last update : Chapter 17 as of 02/06/10

Burning Ranger
1658th Post

"Video on Youtube" , posted Wed 16 Jun 07:36post reply

(Sorry, meant to post it here instead of its own thread)

http://www.youtube.com/user/OfficialMvC3

Yes, this is the Marvel Vs Capcom I remember. Looks like it will cater to the crowds and to the niche communities as well.

I give my seal of approval.

Also, PINEAPPLE!

GekigangerV
1654th Post

"Re(1):Video on Youtube" , posted Wed 16 Jun 07:53:post reply

quote:
(Sorry, meant to post it here instead of its own thread)

http://www.youtube.com/user/OfficialMvC3

Yes, this is the Marvel Vs Capcom I remember. Looks like it will cater to the crowds and to the niche communities as well.

I give my seal of approval.http://mmcafe.com/bbs/

Also, PINEAPPLE!

I finally watched it with sound and I have to say that Cap's and Iron Man's voices aren't that great.

Also, here is a pic taken of the move lists.

Link Here

Shoryuken doesn't appear to be listed for Deadpool and unless its a non-shoryuken motion I wonder if its a taunt.

Looking at that movelist I am reminded of something Seth Killian said.

Link Here

quote:
Seth Killian: Sorry guys, I've tried to be nice with my clarifications, but you're simply off-base. The MvC3 control scheme is overwhelmingly similar to MvC2. Imagine there was a contest between TvC and MvC2 control schemes, with some people arguing for each side. With the way the controls are at the moment, the "We want controls like MvC2" team has unquestionably won.

[this message was edited by GekigangerV on Wed 16 Jun 07:54]

whitesword
1690th Post

"Re(2):Video on Youtube" , posted Wed 16 Jun 08:06:post reply

quote:

I finally watched it with sound and I have to say that Cap's and Iron Man's voices aren't that great.

Also, here is a pic taken of the move lists.

Link Here

Shoryuken doesn't appear to be listed for Deadpool and unless its a non-shoryuken motion I wonder if its a taunt.

It appears to be his launcher (1:01).

And the voices really could use some work.

[this message was edited by whitesword on Wed 16 Jun 08:07]

Toxico
5031th Post

"Re(2):Video on Youtube" , posted Wed 16 Jun 08:15:post reply

quote:

It's one of his normal attacks, you can "hear" how he uses it to start the air combos. It's probably a crouching strong punch or something.

Deadpool seems as such an.... Big improvement over what the vs has been so far, (minus Tatsunoko who is too cool to hang around the other guys and probably feels insulted by being called a "vs").

Oh, voices seems to be on "american settings", so I don't think that they'll keep all of the VAs if the game has an "jp setting".... I mean, Ryu's japanese seems worse than mine, and that's definitely something you shouldn't throw your money in.

Judging by stages (and if they keep them), Tron & Spiderman are already out

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・

Last update : Chapter 17 as of 02/06/10

[this message was edited by Toxico on Wed 16 Jun 08:23]

Ishmael
3822th Post

"Re(3):Video on Youtube" , posted Wed 16 Jun 10:01:post reply

Viewtiful Famitsu link in case you want to hear Morrigan and Felicia in Japanese.

EDITED BECAUSE I'M A DOPE

Speaking of voices, I like how some of the characters have individual switch lines, such as Captain America yelling "Tony!" when he switches with Iron Man. It's a nice, subtle touch in the midst of all the chaos.

quote:

My guess is that Tron and Peter Parker are out, at least. If Spidey could pull double duty in MSHvSF he might just do it again. That guy's the hardest working man in the vs games.

[this message was edited by Ishmael on Wed 16 Jun 11:32]

Burning Ranger
1659th Post

"Re(3):Video on Youtube" , posted Wed 16 Jun 10:29post reply

quote:

Deadpool seems as such an.... Big improvement over what the vs has been so far, (minus Tatsunoko who is too cool to hang around the other guys and probably feels insulted by being called a "vs").

Deadpool looks like he's going to be insanely fun to play. Hell, I think I'm going to use him just for comic relief.

quote:

Oh, voices seems to be on "american settings"

Yep. I think Ryu's was ripped straight from SFIV. I also don't like Iron Man's intro voice.

I do like the fact that they're bothering to update the voices. The old VS games were influenced by the old 90s Marvel shows and even use the same voice actors. Given that there's been a sharp turn in how comics are received in culture (more contemporary, more movie adaptations, popular, etc), updates had to happen (as evidenced by designs and voice). Also, I like how each character calls their partners by name (ex: when Capt. America calls Iron Man, he shouts "Tony!"). Dedication to detail, I think...

quote:

I don't think they'll keep Spidey out. After all, he's a flagship Marvel character and would be a big selling point. I do think they won't include Tron. But if you also noticed in the NY level, there's a balloon for Viewtiful Joe AND in the background, you can see Four Freedoms Plaza (home of the Fantastic Four). Fan service? Or subtle hints for future characters?

quote:
Viewtiful Famitsu link in case you want to hear Morrigan and Felicia in Japanese.

Wrong link?

Also, very upset there is no Morrigan & Felicia gameplay to see. So far it's been a Marvel/Capcom sausage fest.

moonslash
165th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(4):Video on Youtube" , posted Wed 16 Jun 10:51:post reply

go to shoryuken.com - theres a couple felicia and morrigan vids....(look in the media section)

also according to wiki, marvel didnt want them to use any of the FF4 team...though one of sillohettes look like super skrull

2D will never die.

[this message was edited by moonslash on Wed 16 Jun 10:52]

Sensenic
1698th Post

"Re(5):Video on Youtube" , posted Wed 16 Jun 18:40post reply

Attention to detail and characterization is indeed stunning.
I'm loving everything I'm seeing about it.

Peter Parker is on Spidey's stage? Didn't notice!
Is he one of the photographers?

Also, information from live Wakeup (ż?) at srk.com, via Morbid_Coffee @gamespite:

Mechanics
- The gameplay is essentially the same as Tatsunoko vs Capcom. Players of TvC will instantly be able to jump in and perform ground series and air combos.
- The character select screen shows 24 character portrait boxes. If the edges of the character grid are expanded slightly, theres room for 14 more.
- When picking a character, the assist selection gives a lot more information on what the assist actually does unlike MvC2.
- Switching characters is performed by holding back and pressing either assist 1 or assist 2.
- The speed of the game is faster than Tatsunoko vs Capcom, but slower than Marvel vs Capcom 2.
- Each character still has three assists. Apparently if you perform a special move, you can't call in an assist character until your special move animation is done. Unknown whether or not this will stay the same in the final build.
- If you catch both your opponent and their assist in a combo, they'll both be unable to break out until the combo finishes.
- If a character is called in for an assist and takes damage, they'll only take temporary (red) health. It's still possible to completely knock out an assist if you drain their health bar, though.
- Red health recovers really fast. Possibly to encourage more character switching.
- All characters have a snapback unlike Tatsunoko vs Capcom. It's performed with QCB + Assist 1 or Assist 2. You can't double snapback anymore, since snapbacked characters can't be juggled.
- Every character can double jump. Every character except the Hulk can perform an air dash. Dashing on the ground or in the air can be performed with double tapping forward/back, or pressing either 2 or 3 attack buttons plus forward/back.
- Every character can cancel their ground dash into a normal attack...except for the Hulk
- Advancing Guard is back. Like TvC, it can be performed repeatedly when caught in beam supers, but doesn't reduce the amount of chip damage you take. Still lessens the block stun recovery, though.
- Alpha counters and team supers are based off which assist you pick for your characters. Triple team supers take up three meters, double team supers take up two.
- In double team supers, if your point character finishes before their partner, you can move around and attack while your partner finishes their super animation.
- After the character you were using is knocked out, the character coming in to replace him can perform any air attack on the way into the fight (unlike MvC, where you could only block, and unlike TvC, where you couldn't do anything but were invincible until you hit the ground.)
- Mega Crash and Baroque from TvC (so far) are gone. There sort of is a replacement for Baroque though.
- There is a new comeback system that is available to you only when you have one character left on your team. It's called "X-Factor." You'll see an X appear over your character's life bar portrait, and if you press both assist buttons, you'll activate it. It'll cause an instant Baroque, and give you 20 seconds of increased damage output. You'll have a timer near your super meter indicating how long you have left for your buff.
- X-Factor can only be performed ONCE, but you can cancel out of anything, including supers.

The Mysterious Exchange Button

- The exchange button acts as a special move, which means you can use it to cancel out of any normal move.
- Exchange has several uses depending on where you are when you use it.
- Using it on it's own while on the ground performs a launcher. You can combo any normal move into launcher now.
- Some special moves, such as Wolverine's Drill claw, are performed by pressing both Exchange, and an attack button.
- If you press the Exchange button while in the air, it will launch your opponent towards the ground. It's essentially your air combo ender. If you press down, forward, or up and Exchange while in the air, you'll launch your opponent in that direction and one of your partners will be tagged in to continue your air combo.
- Performing an air exchange combo gives your opponent the chance to break out of your combo. If you perform one, and your opponent presses exchange, they'll interrupt you and be able to perform their own combo.
- You can counter a counter by delaying your exchange combo.

Character Specifics
- Ironman has an 8-way air dash. The speed of the air dash is being compared to Storm's from MvC2, but still not quite as fast as Magneto.
- Ironman's flight mode also returns, performed with QCB + Exchange. Only lasts 5 seconds before auto canceling itself.
- One of Morrigan's assists involves her coming out and kissing you, giving you a metric fuckton of super meter.
- Hulk can't air dash. Hulk can't cancel his ground dash. Hulk has no super armor. Hulk SUCK.
- Wolverine is currently being compared to his MvC1 version.
- As Felicia, if you jump at a wall and continue to hold towards it, she'll slide down the wall.
- One of Felicia's new supers is similar to Yatterman-2's robot. She'll call out another catgirl who will randomly attack your opponent independent from your own inputs.
- Captain America's shield throw hits both when it's thrown forward, and on the way back.
- So far, it's impossible for Captain America to lose his shield.
- Ryu is Ryu from TvC. Everything still works. The only change so far is that his air hurricane kicks go at different angles depending on the strength of the attack button used.
- Dante is fast, has really long reach, and incredibly fast recovery on all his attacks. He's essentially broken right now.

Deadpool (the character everybody cares about)
- He has his shoryuken
- When he walks forward, he does a really over-exaggerated swagger. When he walks backwards, he does the Michael Jackson moonwalk.
- His teleportation device will blow up in his face every third use.
- If you tag Deadpool in and don't do anything, he'll start to do elaborate kung fu moves in his place.
- His throw involves him taking out his swords, stabbing the opponent in the feet so they can't move, teleporting behind them, then shooting them in the back of the head.

E3 Demo Game Bugs
- When time runs out, the game doesn't end. You can keep playing until one player is out of characters.

Where the smileys are my comments. XD

Mannerly Highbrow politely asks you to play MS Paint Adventures.
Also play:

"Don't give me that crap about real life. There ain't no such animal."
-Felix Leiter-

moonslash
165th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(6):Video on Youtube" , posted Wed 16 Jun 23:47post reply

Wikipedia states that chun-li is in the game. Is there vids of her? I know its obvious and they proabably just exported her straight from TvC but id still like to see if there are any changes.

Also, I wonder if Dommamu is a boss and if there will be a intro vid where they show another character from capcoms side that could be a boss.

2D will never die.

Megane
480th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(7):Video on Youtube" , posted Thu 17 Jun 00:04post reply

I like how the team members call out to each other when they tag in/out. Like Cap calls out 'Tony!' or Hulk shouts 'Metal Man!'

I wonder if they have those for everyone (highly unlikely), or just for each side.

PSN:BlakeMaxwell3

Just a Person
1411th Post

"Re(4):Video on Youtube" , posted Thu 17 Jun 01:08post reply

quote:

I don't think they'll keep Spidey out. After all, he's a flagship Marvel character and would be a big selling point. I do think they won't include Tron. But if you also noticed in the NY level, there's a balloon for Viewtiful Joe AND in the background, you can see Four Freedoms Plaza (home of the Fantastic Four). Fan service? Or subtle hints for future characters?

There's also a Chun-Li outdoor in one of the buildings.

But I haven't seen Peter Parker either; the only references to Spider-Man I saw were the Spidey balloon and the Daily Bugle stage. None of the photographers in the building look like Peter, IMO.

As for Fantastic Four, unfortunately it seems Marvel advised Capcom NOT to put any of them in the game; apparently that's the reason why Superskrull is rumored to be in the game: that way, they could have a character with all the FF powers but occupying only one character slot...

moonslash
167th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(5):Video on Youtube" , posted Thu 17 Jun 01:52:post reply

quote:

But I haven't seen Peter Parker either; the only references to Spider-Man I saw were the Spidey balloon and the Daily Bugle stage. None of the photographers in the building look like Peter, IMO.

As for Fantastic Four, unfortunately it seems Marvel advised Capcom NOT to put any of them in the game; apparently that's the reason why Superskrull is rumored to be in the game: that way, they could have a character with all the FF powers but occupying only one character slot...

perhaps they are referring to that camerca guy thats rolling around keeping up with the fight...i noticed how fast that guy moved when i watched the vids...

2D will never die.

[this message was edited by moonslash on Thu 17 Jun 05:01]

Sensenic
1699th Post

"Re(6):Video on Youtube" , posted Thu 17 Jun 06:41post reply

quote:

perhaps they are referring to that camerca guy thats rolling around keeping up with the fight...i noticed how fast that guy moved when i watched the vids...

Except there are 2 guys, dressed the same, one in green, one in blue. Both roll the same too.
You'd think if one of them was PP they'd put more attention into making him more recognisable, not wearing a hat, glasses and coat... right? ó_ň

That said, the blue guy does jump High.
I don't know, maybe it's a subtle reference...

But I sure hope they didn't take the whole Spidey character out just to put him as a high-jumping clonic background extra.
(oh, clone, haha. Maybe it's Ben Reilly or one of those? XD )

Mannerly Highbrow politely asks you to play MS Paint Adventures.
Also play:

"Don't give me that crap about real life. There ain't no such animal."
-Felix Leiter-

whitesword
1692th Post

"Re(7):Video on Youtube" , posted Thu 17 Jun 06:52post reply

quote:

You'd think if one of them was PP they'd put more attention into making him more recognisable, not wearing a hat, glasses and coat... right? ó_ň

IT'S CLARK KENT

Gojira
2632th Post

PSN: Gojira_X
XBL: Gojiraaa
Wii: 80085

"roster leak?" , posted Thu 17 Jun 10:04:post reply

So... website code leaks ftw I guess. Not sure if it's verified yet or not, but it wouldn't be the first time a roster was leaked this way.

[Neogaf copipe]
ryu
chun
bison
volnutt
roll
zero
chris
wesker
dante
trish
morrigan
felicia
joe
frank
frankalt_chuck
mike
arthur
wolverine
storm
cyclops
magneto
spider
venom
hulk
iron
ironalt_war
america
thor
doom
skrull
strange
dormammu
deadpool
marvel

Apparently taken from the page source of marvelvscapcom3.com
[/Neogaf copipe]

shipoopi

[this message was edited by Gojira on Thu 17 Jun 10:06]

Adon
1564th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(1):roster leak?" , posted Thu 17 Jun 11:59post reply

quote:
So... website code leaks ftw I guess. Not sure if it's verified yet or not, but it wouldn't be the first time a roster was leaked this way.

[Neogaf copipe]
ryu
chun
bison
volnutt
roll
zero
chris
wesker
dante
trish
morrigan
felicia
joe
frank
frankalt_chuck
mike
arthur
wolverine
storm
cyclops
magneto
spider
venom
hulk
iron
ironalt_war
america
thor
doom
skrull
strange
dormammu
deadpool
marvel

Apparently taken from the page source of marvelvscapcom3.com
[/Neogaf copipe]

Yeah I seen this earlier today too a long with a couple other "lists" and think this list is the most plausible. Putting in the alternate characters seems like a pretty Capcom thing to do. 17 Characters each side and the list appears a lot more real rather than a fan's wish list. If indeed this is it I like the marvel side pretty well but a little disappointed with the Capcom side. Dr Strange makes a lot of sense with Dormammu considering there is suppose to be a story in MvC3. I don't need to see any more Roll and I wonder if Mike is Hagar that would be pretty cool.

Burning Ranger
1661th Post

"Re(2):roster leak?" , posted Thu 17 Jun 12:17post reply

quote:

Also consider that character selection will be influenced by marketing. War Machine makes sense because of his recent movie appearance. Thor also has his movie upcoming. Also, is Chuck (the Frank Alt) the main character in Dead Rising 2 (never played the first one)?

I'm wondering if "Marvel" is Captain Marvel or Ms. Marvel. If it's Captain Marvel, that would make Storm the only female Marvel character.

One thing that bugged me: I was really hoping that the gameplay of some characters would have been drastically changed. I'm mainly referring to Iron Man: he got a visual redesign that makes him resemble the comic version, but his gameplay resembles MSH/MvC2. Would it have been so hard to drasticly change him up, perhaps changing all his moves so they resemble the comic or even movie version? The same with Captain America... I'm guessing I wanted the mechanics to mature just as the characters matured in the comics. Ryu I understand having the same moves as always, but the others should have evolved...

Megane
481th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(7):Video on Youtube" , posted Thu 17 Jun 12:50post reply

quote:

Except there are 2 guys, dressed the same, one in green, one in blue. Both roll the same too.

But I sure hope they didn't take the whole Spidey character out just to put him as a high-jumping clonic background extra.
(oh, clone, haha. Maybe it's Ben Reilly or one of those? XD )

Both roll, but the green guy is visibly fatter, and at some points you see him sit on his ass catching his breath. Only the blue photographer jumps hella high.

Even if he is Peter Parker, it's easy to swap him out whenever Spider-man is used with that stage. Capcom has done similar stuff in the past.

quote:

One thing that bugged me: I was really hoping that the gameplay of some characters would have been drastically changed. I'm mainly referring to Iron Man: he got a visual redesign that makes him resemble the comic version, but his gameplay resembles MSH/MvC2. Would it have been so hard to drasticly change him up, perhaps changing all his moves so they resemble the comic or even movie version? The same with Captain America... I'm guessing I wanted the mechanics to mature just as the characters matured in the comics. Ryu I understand having the same moves as always, but the others should have evolved...

Doubt anything drastic gameplay-wise would happen, I don't remember Capcom pulling something like this off. When people who've played previous VS games start playing MvC3, they'd expect the characters to behave similarly to their previous versions. They did receive some upgrades, like Iron Man's 8 way dash and Cap's double hitting Shield throw.

Besides, Iron Man is defined by his Repulsor Blasts and Uni Beams. And his Proton Cannon super is very memorable to fans. What changes would you have wanted?

PSN:BlakeMaxwell3

moonslash
167th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(8):Video on Youtube" , posted Thu 17 Jun 22:58post reply

thats an interesting list...arthur would be cool, i wonder how big theyd have to make him...

though im still expecting capcom to import the whole capcom side of TvC over to MvC3...(with the exception of the lost planet robot)

2D will never die.

Adon
1565th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Storm?" , posted Fri 18 Jun 02:01post reply

Well she is on that list and I am not sure Seth Killian intended to reveal her just yet but he nonchalantly mentioned her in this recent interview.

http://e3.gamespot.com/video/6266387/#toggle_video

moonslash
168th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):Storm?" , posted Fri 18 Jun 03:12post reply

quote:
Well she is on that list and I am not sure Seth Killian intended to reveal her just yet but he nonchalantly mentioned her in this recent interview.

http://e3.gamespot.com/video/6266387/#toggle_video

well thats interesting...i dunno why theyre keeping chun-li a secret cuz its blantant that her silohette is there.

2D will never die.

Burning Ranger
1662th Post

"Re(8):Video on Youtube" , posted Fri 18 Jun 07:38post reply

quote:

Besides, Iron Man is defined by his Repulsor Blasts and Uni Beams. And his Proton Cannon super is very memorable to fans. What changes would you have wanted?

Well, the Proton Cannon for starters... part of the magic of Iron Man is that everything was in his suit. He doesn't have to summon a gun out of thin air to attack his opponent--he should be able to do it using the repulsors in his hands (i.e. it would be a Shinku Hadoken).

The same would go for War Machine (if he's going to be in the game). I don't want to see him attack using a giant gun summoned out of mid air: he should be using that Gatling Gun that's (supposed to be) mounted on his shoulder.

Digitalboy
691th Post

"Re(9):Video on Youtube" , posted Fri 18 Jun 12:24post reply

I agree with Burning Ranger.

I was talking to other people about this game, and I had mentioned this to them. It seems too much out of character and out dated to see these same supers; much more the latter.

As much as I loathe the MvC series, seeing part 3 with new graphics and revised roster is great. It is practically a new game which should incorporate at least some new type of changes to the appearances of characters, body language, and fighting style. Instead we get a lateral conversion from the hand drawn sprites to the computer generated graphics.

That is just "meh" to me.

And just gives me even more reasons to loathe this series.

I don't know how to live

moonslash
170th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(10):Video on Youtube" , posted Fri 18 Jun 22:05:post reply

quote:
I agree with Burning Ranger.

I was talking to other people about this game, and I had mentioned this to them. It seems too much out of character and out dated to see these same supers; much more the latter.

As much as I loathe the MvC series, seeing part 3 with new graphics and revised roster is great. It is practically a new game which should incorporate at least some new type of changes to the appearances of characters, body language, and fighting style. Instead we get a lateral conversion from the hand drawn sprites to the computer generated graphics.

That is just "meh" to me.

And just gives me even more reasons to loathe this series.

IMO, giving an overhaul of changes to the characters would be a diservice to the people who have been playing these characters since Marvel Super Heroes...

im sure there would a bigger outcry if the basic moves (that we've been used to) have been changed drastically of some of these heroes...

just getting new animations for the characters is asking alot from capcom...at least they didnt go back to old reused sprites...

and if you loathe the series and the game just dont play it...

2D will never die.

[this message was edited by moonslash on Fri 18 Jun 22:12]

Digitalboy
692th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):Video on Youtube" , posted Fri 18 Jun 22:23post reply

Way ahead of you.

kthxbye~*
quote:
IMO, giving an overhaul of changes to the characters would be a diservice to the people who have been playing these characters since Marvel Super Heroes...

im sure there would a bigger outcry if the basic moves (that we've been used to) have been changed drastically of some of these heroes...

just getting new animations for the characters is asking alot from capcom...at least they didnt go back to old reused sprites...

and if you loathe the series and the game just dont play it...

I don't know how to live

Just a Person
1414th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):Video on Youtube" , posted Fri 18 Jun 23:46post reply

quote:

Actually, it would be quite funny if Morrigan still had her 2D old sprites in this game... maybe it should be a secret option in MvC3.

moonslash
170th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):Re(10):Video on Youtube" , posted Sat 19 Jun 00:04post reply

quote:

Actually, it would be quite funny if Morrigan still had her 2D old sprites in this game... maybe it should be a secret option in MvC3.

well thatll be a sight for sore eyes...though now they got a new morrigan to use for decades now...

2D will never die.

Just a Person
1415th Post

"Re(4):Re(10):Video on Youtube" , posted Sat 19 Jun 04:11post reply

quote:

well thatll be a sight for sore eyes...though now they got a new morrigan to use for decades now...

Yeah, too bad... it would be really funny. Capcom could even zoom her sprites (showing the huge pixels in them) during the attacks where the camera gets closer to the character and just rotate the sprites when the camera changed angles, kinda like in that Paper Mario game for Wii!