Round 3 of eBay sales - a few juicy bits - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1220 Views )

o8z
10th Post

user profileedit/delete message

New Customer

"Round 3 of eBay sales - a few juicy bits" , posted Wed 12 Aug 14:10:post reply

Hey all, back again to let the fine folks of the cafe know about some items I'm letting go of that might be of interest.

All About Capcom Fighting Games 1987-2000

Street Fighter Eternal Challenge (Japanese edition)

Capcom Illustrations - Gamest Mook Vol. 17

Samurai Spirits KenKon 剣魂

Street Fighter III:3rd Strike Gamest mook + DVD

Vampire Savior Graphical Manual and Technical Manual - Gamest Mooks vol. 77 & 89

There are also a number of other game-related items for sale.

Two of these items are relists from earlier auctions, but some of the others might be worth a look. For example: the Vampire Savior books could help one enjoy Iggy's thread on the game all the more; the last time I posted there were requests for a 3rd Strike guide, which is now available; and the SamSpi book includes a page on Yagyu Kachou, which I remember Ikari Loona asking about a while back.

Thanks for looking, and let me know if there are any broken links.

[this message was edited by o8z on Wed 12 Aug 14:17]

Replies:

o8z
11th Post

New Customer

"Re(1):Round 3 of eBay sales - a few juicy bit" , posted Thu 13 Aug 09:02:post reply

Added a few more today:

Street Fighter II Image Album

quality American guides (Versus,GameFan) for SFA2 and NightWarriors

Super Street Fighter II CAMMY manga

That's the rarer stuff, there's also some more PS2 games up as well. Maybe one more update after this and then I promise to stop spamming.

[this message was edited by o8z on Thu 13 Aug 11:46]

Digitalboy
643th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(2):Round 3 of eBay sales - a few juicy bit" , posted Fri 14 Aug 01:02post reply

For a moment there I thought you were my cousin trying to sell my books that he stole from me. So literally it is now his. Asshole.

But VERSUS, man that was a great team of players and writers. I am kind of pondering if I should buy that SFA2 Versus STRATEGY Guide from you. In the mid-90's when people release a strategy guide, it was more of a one page full of combos that just showed consumers on the how-to. Especially, for Street Fighter, the only strategy for all magazines were "throw a fireball, and then do a Shoryuken when they jump in."

Versus broke it down to the frame animation of blocking (is it not a 1/4 of a second to block in A2? can not remember) to showing how players can properly perform combos. Depending on the character they had maybe two or three pages of combos. They were not being cheap either. Higher resolution of the pictures for combos (at the time) than all other guides and magazines. Extra artwork at higher resolution.

I even had Tekken 3 Versus Guide too. Because of Versus I learned how to play with Heihachi even more efficiently.

Versus even mentioned that they will release a monthly gamers magazine before they folded.

Ah memories.

quote:
quality American guides (Versus,GameFan) for SFA2 and NightWarriors

I don't know how to live
But I've got alot of toys...

Maou
1775th Post

Silver Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(3):Round 3 of eBay sales - a few juicy bit" , posted Fri 14 Aug 01:37post reply

quote:
I am kind of pondering if I should buy that SFA2 Versus STRATEGY Guide from you.

Do it, man! That is the best damn English-language guidebook I have ever seen. It was precise and comprehensive enough that I literally was able to study and learn about Zero 2 before even owning the game (I played it once in the arcade, wanted to get, bought the guide for its beautiful art, then got the game maybe six months later). Its ability to be so precise and technical while also being accessible and point-by-point for the beginner is just incredible...I treasure it alongside my Gamest guide, probably even more so.

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...