Yagyu Jubei in a business suit - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1825 Views )

Ikari Loona
115th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Regular Customer

"Yagyu Jubei in a business suit" , posted Thu 10 Nov 08:27post reply

Does anyone know if there's a story behind the cameos os a Jubei from SS in a 20th century business suit in the NGPC SvCs (CFC1 - at the fair, sort of complaining about the job recession and trading a Jubei card - and MotM - one of the pics you get if you put the game in a B&W NGP) and CvS1 (outside the arcade stage).

I've been wondering about that image, where it comes from, if it's present in any other games or media... I recall seeing a long time ago some japanese page with small pics of other SS characters in some sort of business setting, but I figure that's fan work based on a previous "citizen Yagyu" appearance.

Just curious, thanks in advance for any help.

Puchu?

"Beat the machine that works in your head!" - Guano Apes "Open Your Eyes"

Replies:

Cain Highwind
633th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(1):Yagyu Jubei in a business suit" , posted Thu 10 Nov 16:49post reply

quote:
Does anyone know if there's a story behind the cameos os a Jubei from SS in a 20th century business suit in the NGPC SvCs (CFC1 - at the fair, sort of complaining about the job recession and trading a Jubei card - and MotM - one of the pics you get if you put the game in a B&W NGP) and CvS1 (outside the arcade stage).

I've been wondering about that image, where it comes from, if it's present in any other games or media... I recall seeing a long time ago some japanese page with small pics of other SS characters in some sort of business setting, but I figure that's fan work based on a previous "citizen Yagyu" appearance.

Just curious, thanks in advance for any help.

I don't know the whole story behind it, but some of the artwork you mention can be found here:

http://www.samuraispirits-official.com/english/download/graphic.php

And some more of that Jubei artwork, can be found under the wallpaper section.

Ishmael
2285th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(2):Yagyu Jubei in a business suit" , posted Fri 11 Nov 00:58post reply

Didn't there used to be a running strip of Salaryman Jubei on the old pre-bankruptcy SNK page? I remember Jubei being hen-pecked by Cham Cham and generally shuffling through life but I don't remember the specifics or if anybody bothered to save those comics.