Blazblue obligatory release thread - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (4977 Views )

badoor
72th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Occasional Customer

"Blazblue obligatory release thread" , posted Wed 1 Jul 08:21post reply

So game should be out by now in US and Japan. Since I am more of a KOF guy I think the recent delay is a blessing in disguise as I never had much vs play with any ASW game if ever, merely playing Johnny & Sol a couple of GG revisions ago in practice and cpu play. The delay should provide some vs. play time online and hopefully offline with my very kof-centric friend.

Seeing the launch trailer I am hoping that "The Hidden Truth" in story mode is that Blazblue actually takes place in the same universe as Guilty Gear in a sort of MOTW future time way just as it was rumored when BB was announced, disregarding all those IP problems and mix-ups ASW has with the GG franchise. Also, that Johnny is a secret character.

Replies:

Grave
1167th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(1):Blazblue obligatory release thread" , posted Wed 1 Jul 08:47post reply

According to their website, no GameStop within 100 miles of Boston has this! Oh, that's cute. Sort of like the way they turned me away for inFamous the day it came out. I went to Best Buy where they had piles of them and gave me the Uncharted 2 beta without preordering. I'll be buying this at Best Buy tomorrow as well!

What a shitty store. Can't wait to try this though!

karasu99
162th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):Blazblue obligatory release thread" , posted Wed 1 Jul 09:10post reply

quote:

I'm excited too-- the gameplay footage I've seen is pretty spectacular, and I was always a casual GG fan anyway. I can't say I like the character design much, but I didn't especially like GG's either.

As for retailers, Gamestop/EBGames has taken the 'only order as many games as there are preorders' path, presumably to control costs, so anyone who shows up on release day is out of luck. So, I no longer shop there for new games. Best Buy is nearly as bad, from my experience, because they only stock the 20 most popular games at any given time, so finding obscure titles is almost always impossible, so I no longer shop there either. I really wish that there was such a thing as a small, local retailer anymore, because all of the big guys suck.

Pollyanna
2699th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(3):Blazblue obligatory release thread" , posted Wed 1 Jul 13:15post reply

quote:
I can't say I like the character design much, but I didn't especially like GG's either.

I don't like them in artwork, but I like them in motion. They have a lot of personality. Or...well...the interesting characters do at least.

I had played the game once or twice in the arcade, but I'm happy to have it at home now so I can...erm...figure out how to play. I'm having a rough time adjusting to using a joystick, so I think I'm gonna wait until I know what the heck I'm doing before I take it online.

Hmmm...the dialogue pictures in story mode (as well as the opening animation character designs) look better than the character design art.

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

Spoon
1777th Post

Silver Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(2):Blazblue obligatory release thread" , posted Wed 1 Jul 13:16post reply

quote:
According to their website, no GameStop within 100 miles of Boston has this! Oh, that's cute. Sort of like the way they turned me away for inFamous the day it came out. I went to Best Buy where they had piles of them and gave me the Uncharted 2 beta without preordering. I'll be buying this at Best Buy tomorrow as well!

If you are having trouble getting a domestic copy for PS3, you can get the JP version and set the language to English. You will literally get the US release when you do that, right down to the Aksys Games branding.

kofoguz
722th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(1):Blazblue obligatory release thread" , posted Wed 1 Jul 22:00:post reply

quote:
Also, that Johnny is a secret character.

If that's true, there is my one more reason to want to play this game.

[sigtag][/sigtag]

[this message was edited by kofoguz on Tue 7 Jul 21:13]

Ishmael
3513th Post

"Re(2):Blazblue obligatory release thread" , posted Thu 2 Jul 01:48post reply

How is the combo DVD that BlazBlue shipped with? Will it help me understand how I should approach the game or will I feel like an even bigger idiot after watching it for not being able to immediately grasp all the intricacies of the game engine?

nobinobita
547th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(4):Blazblue obligatory release thread" , posted Thu 2 Jul 03:27post reply

quote:

I don't like them in artwork, but I like them in motion. They have a lot of personality. Or...well...the interesting characters do at least.

Hmmm...the dialogue pictures in story mode (as well as the opening animation character designs) look better than the character design art.

I agree 100%. I don't like the original character art very much (I don't hate it either, I'm just indifferent to it), but I think the sprites look great, and the story mode pictures look great too.

It's a very beautiful game in motion. It's animated quite well. It's a shame that I've read so many internet comments where people parrot generic criticisms about the game saying the animation is "choppy, like Guilty Gear", when that's not the case at all.

Now I just need to actually get a copy of the game. It's sold out everywhere I go. I'd like to think this is cos the game is flying off the shelves like hot cakes... but I think the truth is that most stores didn't even order it, or they only ordered enough to fulfill preorders.

Pollyanna
2700th Post

"Re(3):Blazblue obligatory release thread" , posted Thu 2 Jul 06:31post reply

quote:
How is the combo DVD that BlazBlue shipped with? Will it help me understand how I should approach the game or will I feel like an even bigger idiot after watching it for not being able to immediately grasp all the intricacies of the game engine?

Maybe both? I only watched the matches and character specific sections. In the character sections, they waste your time outlining every little move, then go into some helpful "general tactics" and combos ranging from totally simple to fairly advanced.

Overall, I think it's a nice addition because it makes sure you're not missing anything big, like "Oh, this character can put 3 projectiles on the screen at once...I was only using one!" or "this move links into this move and it's the most important thing in the world". I had quite a few "Oh, I see!" moments watching it.

I'm already seeing the advantages of playing with an arcade stick. There are numerous things I'm able to do with ease that I couldn't even dream of before. The tradeoff is that for some reason, double fireballs are very difficult! I can't figure it out! I must be missing the part of my brain responsible for double fireballs on joysticks. (fortunately, that's not a very important part, I guess...)

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

Phoenix
912th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(4):Blazblue obligatory release thread" , posted Thu 2 Jul 12:16post reply

I found the bonus DVD to be quite helpful as well. It's pretty admirable that the community actually came together with the big name companies to produce something this geeky. Not only do they list every single move/super but they have strategy sections by the people that actually play the game semi-well as well as some useful combos. (both bread and butter to crazy corner traps) It looks like dustloop.com and SRK teamed up with ign to make this? Now if only kof games came with extras like this with the help of the online community...

Spoon
1780th Post

"Re(5):Blazblue obligatory release thread" , posted Thu 2 Jul 13:01post reply

quote:
I found the bonus DVD to be quite helpful as well. It's pretty admirable that the community actually came together with the big name companies to produce something this geeky. Not only do they list every single move/super but they have strategy sections by the people that actually play the game semi-well as well as some useful combos. (both bread and butter to crazy corner traps) It looks like dustloop.com and SRK teamed up with ign to make this? Now if only kof games came with extras like this with the help of the online community...

Aksys Games is actually pretty active in trying to promote its games and reach out to the community. They have two guys at dustloop, and announce events there and ask for input from players for things like strategy videos and whatnot.

One time I remember they even asked straight out, "if we released GGAC+ on PS2, would you buy it?"

Phoenix
914th Post

"Re(6):Blazblue obligatory release thread" , posted Thu 2 Jul 13:33:post reply

quote:

Aksys Games is actually pretty active in trying to promote its games and reach out to the community. They have two guys at dustloop, and announce events there and ask for input from players for things like strategy videos and whatnot.

One time I remember they even asked straight out, "if we released GGAC+ on PS2, would you buy it?"

Off Topic: It would be awesome if people from Ignition were active members/promoters at sites like orochinagi or cyberfanatics...

Which brings up another point. Capcom heads have SRK, GG heads have Dustloop, SNK heads have...a very divided international community. It would be nice if KOF heads all united at one gigantic online community.

On Topic: I also enjoyed how a lot of the special moves have very simplified inputs like say forward B as opposed to Raging Storm's pretzel motion... (not that I have trouble with it but the mainstream gamers might) Some characters like Noel and V-13 have such simple input commands that my 2D fighter newbie friend had no trouble picking them up.

[this message was edited by Phoenix on Thu 2 Jul 13:39]

Grave
1168th Post

"Re(5):Blazblue obligatory release thread" , posted Thu 2 Jul 17:38post reply

Got it, love it, play with me! Drakee on PSN! ACCEPT MY FRIEND REQUEST POLLY POCKET. You're like the only other person I know of who has Battle Fantasia! I know I have some MMCafe folks on there, but I always forget who's who on PSN...

Still trying to figure out a main, but god damn am I delighted with this roster! All the characters are full of personality and I can find something to get excited about in all of them. Gameplay is the GG-y fun I've been missing for so long. Netplay seems great so far, played for hours with 2 friends earlier tonight, and two of us had voice chat going the whole time. Not a single hiccup the whole time. Localization seems great, LE package is very nice, and + BANG BANG BANGBANGBANGBANG!!!

This makes me much happier than SF4 already.

Pollyanna
2701th Post

"Re(6):Blazblue obligatory release thread" , posted Thu 2 Jul 18:53post reply

quote:
Got it, love it, play with me! Drakee on PSN! ACCEPT MY FRIEND REQUEST POLLY POCKET. You're like the only other person I know of who has Battle Fantasia! I know I have some MMCafe folks on there, but I always forget who's who on PSN...

Sorry sorry sorry! I don't know how I missed you! I had so many Ken scrubs and "LOL RU A REAL GIRL?" people try to befriend me, I guess I guess I got used to ignoring requests.

Hopefully I can play with everyone relatively soon. I'm going out of town this weekend and I have an unstable work schedule after that, but maybe it'll clear up. Not that it's any rush, seeing as I don't know how to play the game. I was using Arakune earlier when I just had to pause the game and ask myself "what the hell am I doing?" I knew there were a lot of bugs...and I was winning very easily, but there was no STRATEGY.

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

Iron D
3201th Post

"Re(7):Blazblue obligatory release thread" , posted Fri 3 Jul 00:01post reply

And here comes Iron D to rain on the parade.

As someone who doesn't really like GG, this game does not look appealing to me. I mean DAMN does this game look another GG game right down to the character designs and the way the combos look!

Er.....

karasu99
164th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(8):Blazblue obligatory release thread" , posted Fri 3 Jul 01:12post reply

quote:
And here comes Iron D to rain on the parade.

No, no, all of your points are absolutely correct-- but I don't think the intention here was to disentangle BB from GG and start a new franchise.

While I'm not a fan of the design aesthetic, I tend to pick up pretty much every 2D fighter that I can reasonably buy, to try and support a genre that I love. Granted, this has bitten me in the ass more than once (has anyone else here played 'Spectral vs Generation'? I rest my case).

Still, I'm hoping I'll enjoy this one. My copy has shipped but it will take a while to arrive, maybe next week.

Pollyanna
2704th Post

"Re(8):Blazblue obligatory release thread" , posted Fri 3 Jul 07:24:post reply

quote:

As someone who doesn't really like GG, this game does not look appealing to me. I mean DAMN does this game look another GG game right down to the character designs and the way the combos look!

I wouldn't recommend the game to someone who dislikes GG, but if you almost like GG, you might like Blazblue. As far as I can tell, I like every system change from GG to BB.

My initial response to BB was "This is neat, but I want Ishiwatari's designs back!". I still do, but now I think "GG had a good run, but this could turn into something better."

I'm still "meh" on the character designs, but all my favorite GG characters didn't show up until the sequels and I like the concepts behind the characters at least.

Even if they just end up being an excuse for losing, I love crazy inventive characters and BB has more than enough for me.

Also...

EDIT

Statement rescinded.

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

[this message was edited by Pollyanna on Fri 3 Jul 14:20]

Spoon
1782th Post

"Re(9):Blazblue obligatory release thread" , posted Fri 3 Jul 09:50post reply

quote:

About the video it comes with...!!!

Many of the combos they give you seem to be be recoverable, so you might want to look elsewhere for combos or just...have fun making your own? Or maybe my timing is just off?

If the combometer isn't going dark, it isn't air recoverable... well, even in GG there was an exception to this: if the opponent is staggered but doesn't mash out of the stagger, then the combometer will not go dark, even though they could've broken the combo. Of course, there are combos involving stagger are impossible to mash out of...

I haven't seen the tutorial videos myself, but maybe they show some combos that are intentionally recoverable as resets? But then, they'd probably mention something like that up front.

Evenor
691th Post

"GUERILLA FATE IS TURNING" , posted Fri 3 Jul 13:59post reply

I've been having a blast with Rachel. George XIII's (frog) legs are too cute! Also the roses on her stage are quite elegant.

Have any of you been playing online? While there are a bunch of Ragnas and Jins I do feel that Noel=Ken. The latest patch really made the matches practically lag free( not including the intros). Add me (missantroop) and let's duel!

BTW, don't the menu interface SFX's sound really similar to the ones in the Jojo's Bizarre Adventure ports?

drink from me and live forever

Digitalboy
608th Post

"Re(10):Blazblue obligatory release thread" , posted Fri 3 Jul 14:11post reply

Got it today after hearing all the hub-bub in this thread. Watching my uncle playing it and it is better than Street Fighter IV (in terms of 2D awesomeness). The animation is likable and there is not any over exaggerated facial expressions in this game. Have yet seen any projectile spam...
quote:

About the video it comes with...!!!

Many of the combos they give you seem to be be recoverable, so you might want to look elsewhere for combos or just...have fun making your own? Or maybe my timing is just off?

If the combometer isn't going dark, it isn't air recoverable... well, even in GG there was an exception to this: if the opponent is staggered but doesn't mash out of the stagger, then the combometer will not go dark, even though they could've broken the combo. Of course, there are combos involving stagger are impossible to mash out of...

I haven't seen the tutorial videos myself, but maybe they show some combos that are intentionally recoverable as resets? But then, they'd probably mention something like that up front.

I don't know how to live
But I've got alot of toys...

Pollyanna
2704th Post

"Re(10):Blazblue obligatory release thread" , posted Fri 3 Jul 14:23post reply

quote:

It was my mistake, I think. I need to work on my timing on jump cancels. I noticed even combos that usually work go black every once in a while.

It's probably common sense for most people, but I'm glad you told me that.

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

nobinobita
550th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(2):Re(10):Blazblue obligatory release thre" , posted Tue 7 Jul 12:27post reply

So I finally picked up Blazblue and have been playing around with it over the weekend.

The game's way more impressive than I even hoped for. This game begs to be seen in person on a big HD TV. Just seeing screens or even HD movies somehow doesn't cut it.

The characters look better in game than in the portraits. They're kind of growing on me. The game's animated very well, definitely a cut above Guilty Gear (which wasn't bad to begin with).

I'm glad the game's getting really great reviews all around. I think it's one of the top 10 highest rated ps3 games now, according to Metacritic. I hope it sells way better than expected and gets more people interested in fighters and 2d graphics.

The tutorial dvd was a great bonus. Every 2d fighter needs to have one of these.

My only problem is... I just don't understand the game. I don't understand the hit boxes, and I don't have any sense of what attacks have priority. The gameplay's really unintuitive for me.

I'll keep on trucking though. I really WANT to like it! If anyone could give me some insight on the very very basic strategy behind the game, I'd really appreciate it, cos I don't think I "get it" yet.

Grave
1170th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):Blazblue obligatory release thre" , posted Tue 7 Jul 15:04post reply

nobinobita! I like you! What's your PSN name? Do I already have you? I'm Drakee!

I'm playing with Polly and two other friends RIGHT NOW, so anyone who's on should get at me!

mbisonhatclub
120th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):Re(10):Blazblue obligatory release thre" , posted Tue 7 Jul 15:11:post reply

Hey, Polly, I am one of the guys who (is currently) playing in that same room with Grave and Hizke (I'm hadoolket). You're very good! I really love your Litchi and Rachel, and shown me where I can improve my Litchi-playing

ps that Ragna flowchart thing was me telling the other guys i was going to just press D and see what happens

join the m.bison hat club today
i'm not just the president i'm also a client

[this message was edited by mbisonhatclub on Tue 7 Jul 15:38]

Iggy
8938th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):Blazblue obligatory release thre" , posted Tue 7 Jul 16:40post reply

Ah, that's what we needed: more stalkers.

懺・いたんですか!

Spoon
1783th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):Blazblue obligatory release thre" , posted Tue 7 Jul 16:53post reply

quote:
help me play this game

The sense of "what attacks have good priority" can be very unintuitive in ArcSys games. There are moves that you think would be good that really aren't (e.g. Faust's jumping S in GG), and there are moves that don't look that great when you first see them, but are actually really good (e.g. a lot of towards+P moves in GG). I'm not going to recommend that you go and read frame data because it sounds like you want something a little more fundamental than that. On the other hand, there are some aspects of BB that and understanding of frame data will better help you appreciate (e.g. all of Carl's ground normals leave him at frame disadvantage).

If you have played some ArcSys games, you'd know that combo damage is a big deal in them. A major part of GG and naturally BB is how well you can capitalize on a random hit. It might be a counter hit, it might not be; but this game isn't SF where the average random hit nets you no more damage than merely the damage of that hit. In ArcSys games, knowing what combos or at least what movement options can arise directly from poking hits is an important part of the game. Random hits happen, and happen a lot. Even if you haven't got the greatest grasp of all the defensive options you have, if the other player doesn't have the ability to do much more damage off of his random hits than the hit itself, he will not be able to beat you if you are scoring combo damage off of your random hits.

Defense and pressure and lockdown are fun to talk about, but if you haven't got the above (the general concept is referred to as "abare"), your success in ArcSys games will be limited.

Movement is important. In GG, many characters had laughably slow walking speeds. You are encouraged to dash, backdash, air dash, and double jump all over the place. The super slow movements are there for a reason, but you need to learn to take advantage of all the faster movement options you have. Try beating Tager's air normals with Hakumen when Hakumen is below Tager: you'll find it's really, really hard to do, and so you should be thinking about whether you should resort to the D button for Hakumen, or whether Hakumen should allow Tager to get above him in the first place.

Another big part of the question is who are you using?

If your answer is, say, Carl, then you have a lot of work ahead of you, especially if you aren't familiar with playing Eddie-style characters.

On the other hand, if your answer is Tager, then just go and wreck people; fish for counter hits with his autoguard moves, magnetize them, then do what you can do end combos with an OTG hit that flings them back into the air and do the anti-air grab; most people will mash for the air recovery and you will grab them and they will die. If they get scared of you and back off, charge up your projectile; few characters can hurt you from full screen when you charge, because you have upper body autoguard.

If you are playing as Arakune, curse the other guy with D and then mash buttons. They will probably die unless they are familiar with Arakune. More seriously, Arakune's movements and normal moves are so strange that it will make a game that is already unintuitive to you even more so, but that might be charming.

Pollyanna
2706th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):Blazblue obligatory release thre" , posted Tue 7 Jul 17:53post reply

Nobi:
I'm no pro, but I'd like to second what Spoon said about capitalizing on hits. It's not like you have to do insanely long combos (especially if you're just starting out), but you need to know a follow-up for any potential hit you get. Every character has a different "flow" to them, and it's important to keep that flow "moving" for a much of the fight as you can. I say spend a little time in training mode so you know what goes into what and what everything does, then start playing other people. You learn the most that way.

But for the record, I don't take fighting games very seriously. I learn a few tricks and then I just have fun with it. If it requires too much studying or too much "work" then it's just not fun anymore. Depending on how you feel, I don't know if that makes my opinion more or less valid.

quote:
Hey, Polly, I am one of the guys who (is currently) playing in that same room with Grave and Hizke (I'm hadoolket). You're very good! I really love your Litchi and Rachel, and shown me where I can improve my Litchi-playing

You taught me a few Litchi tricks, too! I don't use the "Reach" moves myself, so they really threw me in that last match. You totally shut down my Rachel~! Every time you jumped forward, I was expecting something else.

I'm surprised I did as well as I did. I don't play other people much, so I was a bit nervous.

Also, when I finally got to pick the level/music myself I thought "Finally, I'll be free from Bang's song!" then, when I chose random...it gave me the song anyway! It's a conspiracy!

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

Red Falcon
6076th Post

"Re(4):Re(10):Blazblue obligatory release thre" , posted Wed 8 Jul 03:53:post reply

quote:
...fish for counter hits with his autoguard moves...

Tager doesn't have any moves with autoguard. Sledge eats projectile-type attacks, that's all. He desperately NEEDS something with armor or auto-guard to not have like a 10-0 against Arakune and v-13. The only character he's not at a disadvantage against is Hakumen. He just does shit-tons of damage so he's very good at punishing mistakes.

Best site EVER:Link Here

[this message was edited by Red Falcon on Wed 8 Jul 03:55]

Spoon
1784th Post

"Re(5):Re(10):Blazblue obligatory release thre" , posted Wed 8 Jul 04:21post reply

quote:
...fish for counter hits with his autoguard moves...

Tager doesn't have any moves with autoguard. Sledge eats projectile-type attacks, that's all. He desperately NEEDS something with armor or auto-guard to not have like a 10-0 against Arakune and v-13. The only character he's not at a disadvantage against is Hakumen. He just does shit-tons of damage so he's very good at punishing mistakes.

Ah, I was confused.

There were a lot of attacks that I didn't think were projectile attacks that it ate (like some of Noel's normals, etc.), and that gave me the impression that it had pure autoguard. Didn't figure that out till I got to see the Tager vid today.

Yeah, I've heard that his matchup with v-13 is in the upper reaches of ridiculous (8-2,9-1,9.5-.5 or some such), but I wonder if autoguard alone would be enough to deal with that... and if it was, I think that that might make the match kind of dumb.

nobinobita
552th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(4):Re(10):Blazblue obligatory release thre" , posted Wed 8 Jul 10:52post reply

quote:
nobinobita! I like you! What's your PSN name? Do I already have you? I'm Drakee!

I'm playing with Polly and two other friends RIGHT NOW, so anyone who's on should get at me!

Doh! Sounds like I missed out on some good matches. Maybe this weekend? I forget what my PSN is (I've been playing on a friend's ps3).

nobinobita
553th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(4):Re(10):Blazblue obligatory release thre" , posted Wed 8 Jul 11:02post reply

quote:

If you have played some ArcSys games, you'd know that combo damage is a big deal in them. A major part of GG and naturally BB is how well you can capitalize on a random hit. It might be a counter hit, it might not be; but this game isn't SF where the average random hit nets you no more damage than merely the damage of that hit. In ArcSys games, knowing what combos or at least what movement options can arise directly from poking hits is an important part of the game. Random hits happen, and happen a lot. Even if you haven't got the greatest grasp of all the defensive options you have, if the other player doesn't have the ability to do much more damage off of his random hits than the hit itself, he will not be able to beat you if you are scoring combo damage off of your random hits.

quote:

I'm no pro, but I'd like to second what Spoon said about capitalizing on hits. It's not like you have to do insanely long combos (especially if you're just starting out), but you need to know a follow-up for any potential hit you get. Every character has a different "flow" to them, and it's important to keep that flow "moving" for a much of the fight as you can.

Thanks! That's exactly the kind of advice I was looking for!

Pollyanna
2709th Post

"Re(5):Re(10):Blazblue obligatory release thre" , posted Thu 9 Jul 20:36post reply

If anyone didn't catch it before and wants to add me, my PSN ID is: Lilly_Dopamine

After a long day of work, I thought I would "wind down" with some BB. I fought 19 Jins in a row and lost 14 of the fights. I'm posting here now so I can end the day on a good note for real this time.

And I was doing so well before!

Sometimes I can find a plethora of good players, but other times, it's either:
1) Just Jin
2) Just Noel
3) Just Bang's song

(not that I mind any of those 3 things in moderation...)

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

Grave
1171th Post

"Re(6):Re(10):Blazblue obligatory release thre" , posted Fri 10 Jul 04:55post reply

I have no love for flowchart Jin and Noels, but... Bang's song is different!

Nekros
190th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(7):Re(10):Blazblue obligatory release thre" , posted Fri 10 Jul 06:12post reply

Got the game a couple days ago.
Is very well designed and gameplay entertain me more than GG's. I expected something very close to GG and was surprised seeing that I was wrong: BB is going to be better every time I play it.
I hope to fight with you online soon (especially Polly, I need revenge! :P).

Btw, how can I change the bgm during training and versus mode? Can I also do this during online matches?

Korigama
126th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(8):Re(10):Blazblue obligatory release thre" , posted Fri 10 Jul 06:41post reply

quote:

Btw, how can I change the bgm during training and versus mode? Can I also do this during online matches?

The option to change songs is just below the choice of stage after selecting characters, but you have to pick the song before deciding on the stage. As far as I know, it should be possible to do the same for player matches online, but not ranked matches.

Grave
1172th Post

"Re(8):Re(10):Blazblue obligatory release thre" , posted Fri 10 Jul 06:44post reply

I should be on tonight, Nekros! I'll try to round up the usual crew. You have a headset? I'm getting kind of tired of me and Hizke (who doesn't post here, but usually plays with me and mbisonhatclub) being the only ones rambling while everyone else has to listen!

Pollyanna
2710th Post

"Re(7):Re(10):Blazblue obligatory release thre" , posted Fri 10 Jul 08:53post reply

I hope I still have time to play in the near future! I don't have a deadline on my current project, so I've been working at a...somewhat relaxed schedule. I have a few hours every day at least.

I don't even know what the hell Grave and his friend are talking about half the time. I'll leave the room from time to time and come back into the middle of something...odd. You're such uncouth fellows! Admittedly, I don't pay a whole lot of attention, though.

quote:
I have no love for flowchart Jin and Noels, but... Bang's song is different!

It's not the flowchart players that bug me SO much (since they're usually sloppy enough to beat at least), but I was having hell with Jin's throw. I don't know if my brain was broken or it was the lag, but I couldn't reliably reverse it and he can do SO MUCH damage afterward. Combined with the fact that you can easily throw loop people if they don't counter made it a really unpleasant experience. Nearly every Jin I faced did the same (demoralizing) thing.

It's probably just a lag problem or something, though. I don't have any beef with the game or even the players so much.

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

Spoon
1787th Post

"Re(8):Re(10):Blazblue obligatory release thre" , posted Fri 10 Jul 11:25post reply

quote:

It's not the flowchart players that bug me SO much (since they're usually sloppy enough to beat at least), but I was having hell with Jin's throw. I don't know if my brain was broken or it was the lag, but I couldn't reliably reverse it and he can do SO MUCH damage afterward. Combined with the fact that you can easily throw loop people if they don't counter made it a really unpleasant experience. Nearly every Jin I faced did the same (demoralizing) thing.

It's probably just a lag problem or something, though. I don't have any beef with the game or even the players so much.

Are you trying to do a reversal against his throw attempt, or tech his throw attempt?

Blazblue is kind of fun in that you can attempt to do normal throws on people as part of your combo, or even throw them while they are in blockstun. If your opponent is throwing you while you are in blockstun, you will see these huge purple exclamation marks pop up, and you can attempt to escape that on reaction (you have 27F to do it, which is quite a lot of time... it's just that it's probably not something you are used to doing). If an opponent attempts to throw you when you are in a neutral state, you will have much less time to react (data says you have 13F to attempt the throw escape).

As such, if you know that your opponent is going for the throw attempt but you are worried about lag preventing you from doing something like a reversal DP, just wait for the throw attempt and tech it when you see the exclamations pop up. 13F may not sound like much, but it's probably a lot more time than you have to do a successful reversal, especially given some latency.

Red Falcon
6076th Post

"Re(1):Blazblue obligatory release thread" , posted Fri 10 Jul 12:21post reply

Out of curiosity, anyone on here using Live?

Best site EVER:Link Here

Grave
1173th Post

"Re(8):Re(10):Blazblue obligatory release thre" , posted Fri 10 Jul 14:09post reply

quote:
I don't even know what the hell Grave and his friend are talking about half the time. I'll leave the room from time to time and come back into the middle of something...odd. You're such uncouth fellows! Admittedly, I don't pay a whole lot of attention, though.

I suspect a lot of that was Hizke reading excerpts from Onani Master Kurosawa! It's a very special story for the whole family.

Grave
1174th Post

"DEAR MMCAFE: IT'S BLAZBLUE TIME" , posted Fri 10 Jul 14:58post reply

Got a PSN room with 6 slots for friends, myself included in one! Since 4 will be taken up very shortly, there's room for TWO MORE LUCKY CONTESTANTS!

mbisonhatclub
121th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(8):Re(10):Blazblue obligatory release thre" , posted Fri 10 Jul 19:57:post reply

quote:

I've had less trouble against Jin players lately and have been able to crush them despite their freeze attempts (and escape from their throw traps like mentioned above), but it's Noel that's disgustingly overprioritized with her 2D attacks. And while I can break them apart with Tager usually, Litchi doesn't really have a way to fend off from it without taking hits herself, and these people think they're pretty good at pressing a few buttons in sequence because they just came off of playing RPGs or something where one button does all the work for you anyway, like how they use one button to make money in stock trading on the internet or online gambling or internet sex

But on that note about Jin, I'm also upset that he's so effective without much effort and I was demonstrating that in our room earlier, I don't even know how to use Jin really! I just pressed certain buttons and hoped it would be the right buttons, so terrible

[this message was edited by mbisonhatclub on Fri 10 Jul 19:59]

Pollyanna
2712th Post

"Re(9):Re(10):Blazblue obligatory release thre" , posted Fri 10 Jul 21:39post reply

quote:

Are you trying to do a reversal against his throw attempt, or tech his throw attempt?

Sorry, I used the wrong term. I meant, I couldn't tech the throws for some reason. I understand the system and I normally do just fine teching throws, which I why I was confused. Some evil sorcerer probably just cast a curse on me that night or something.

But what I would like to know...when Jin freezes you on a throw (or in some other cases, maybe?), his combo is darkened out, meaning that you can get out of it, right? But I'm delightfully frozen the whole time. Am I supposed to wiggle the joystick or something to get out sooner? Is this even feasible without breaking the controller?

and...

quote:

I've had less trouble against Jin players lately and have been able to crush them despite their freeze attempts (and escape from their throw traps like mentioned above), but it's Noel that's disgustingly overprioritized with her 2D attacks.

I find that there's a "golden range" for avoiding her D spam if a total rookie is using her. As long as you're not in too deep, Litchi should be able to stuff her just fine. Jumping straight up and attacking also works for me. It's her super that bugs me, so much damage, so easy to hit with.

SPEAKING OF WHICH, holy crap you murdered me with Tager's super throw tonight! I felt like I had the fight under control (several times), then BAM one little mistake and I'm toast! It's like you just have to survive with him long enough for your opponent to do something stupid. Still, I have a lot of fun fighting against Tager, even if some of the battles end in crushing defeat.

I dunno...I just wasn't "feeling it" tonight. It's not like I was doing bad or anything, but my mental game just wasn't there. I didn't learn anything (other than to fear Tager under certain circumstances).

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

Spoon
1788th Post

"Re(10):Re(10):Blazblue obligatory release thr" , posted Sat 11 Jul 08:20post reply

quote:

But what I would like to know...when Jin freezes you on a throw (or in some other cases, maybe?), his combo is darkened out, meaning that you can get out of it, right? But I'm delightfully frozen the whole time. Am I supposed to wiggle the joystick or something to get out sooner? Is this even feasible without breaking the controller?

quote:

Are you trying to do a reversal against his t

The answer is... it depends.

Yes, you can wiggle the stick left and right to reduce the freeze time (think of it like stagger in GG/VF), but depending on what he follows it up with, it might not make a difference. If he freezes you in the corner and then runs up and does a 5A, you are probably not going to be able to shake out of that.

The best practice is to flail the stick anyway so that at least you have a chance of getting out should the opponent try for something way slow. It's not just mashing furiously that counts, though; if you react too late to the freezing hit, you're unlikely to be able to mash out in time.

mbisonhatclub
121th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(10):Re(10):Blazblue obligatory release thr" , posted Sat 11 Jul 12:42post reply

quote:
I find that there's a "golden range" for avoiding her D spam if a total rookie is using her. As long as you're not in too deep, Litchi should be able to stuff her just fine. Jumping straight up and attacking also works for me. It's her super that bugs me, so much damage, so easy to hit with.

SPEAKING OF WHICH, holy crap you murdered me with Tager's super throw tonight! I felt like I had the fight under control (several times), then BAM one little mistake and I'm toast! It's like you just have to survive with him long enough for your opponent to do something stupid. Still, I have a lot of fun fighting against Tager, even if some of the battles end in crushing defeat.

I dunno...I just wasn't "feeling it" tonight. It's not like I was doing bad or anything, but my mental game just wasn't there. I didn't learn anything (other than to fear Tager under certain circumstances).

Admittedly, being able to pull that off on the appropriate occasion most of the time is my main crutch with Tager when I can't do the other glorious things I see other Tagers do

Phoenix
916th Post

"Re(2):Blazblue obligatory release thread" , posted Sat 11 Jul 20:49post reply

quote:
Out of curiosity, anyone on here using Live?

I'm on Live my tag is Cephaskim. Anyone else?

I got on live for the first time tonight and got my butt kicked for the most part... Only managed to get to level 4.

Ishmael
3517th Post

"Re(3):Blazblue obligatory release thread" , posted Mon 13 Jul 05:25post reply

It wasn't the game engine. It wasn't the graphics. What finally sold me on BlazBlue was when I came across the sub-section that featured Litchi and Taokaka bopping around in super deformed limited animation while telling bad jokes. I find it charming that somebody went through the trouble of creating and including something this ridiculous in the game. A rich presentation is something I always appreciate in a game.

Mozex
377th Post

Silver Customer

"Late to the party" , posted Mon 13 Jul 06:55post reply

I played this for a bit over at my friend's house this weekend so I can finally make comments.

quote:

I'm disappointed by animation quality in this game. I recall Guilty Gear being much more fluid. I think this is probably because the intermediate frames don't use as much motion blur as they did in GG. It's also possible that I just don't know my stuff very well as it's been a few years since I played GG.

Be kind to goblins.

badoor
76th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(4):Blazblue obligatory release thread" , posted Tue 14 Jul 03:10post reply

quote:
It wasn't the game engine. It wasn't the graphics. What finally sold me on BlazBlue was when I came across the sub-section that featured Litchi and Taokaka bopping around in super deformed limited animation while telling bad jokes. I find it charming that somebody went through the trouble of creating and including something this ridiculous in the game. A rich presentation is something I always appreciate in a game.

Even the chibi-head character icon that comes out when a character is off-screen is charming too.

I've been playing BlazBlue for the last week or so and I totally agree with the general positive notes about it. It seems that when ASW decided from the get-go how many characters they were going to put they were able to make the whole package more polished. Story mode, number of stages, music tracks, character variety and balance, and fighting system are really well done, something that might not be true for KOF XII.

BTW I've been mostly playing as V-13 and since she is the final boss in Arcade mode is she in anyway considered a "Boss character" in terms of versus play (cheap, unbalanced etc.) or am I being paranoid again?

Korigama
127th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(5):Blazblue obligatory release thread" , posted Tue 14 Jul 08:42post reply

quote:

BTW I've been mostly playing as V-13 and since she is the final boss in Arcade mode is she in anyway considered a "Boss character" in terms of versus play (cheap, unbalanced etc.) or am I being paranoid again?

As long as you haven't been using Unlimited v-13 (which is the boss variation), no. The regular v-13 available from the start is the one that's viable for competitive play.

nobinobita
557th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(1):Late to the party" , posted Wed 15 Jul 04:37:post reply

quote:

I'm disappointed by animation quality in this game. I recall Guilty Gear being much more fluid. I think this is probably because the intermediate frames don't use as much motion blur as they did in GG. It's also possible that I just don't know my stuff very well as it's been a few years since I played GG.

I think Blazblue is a bit more fluid than Guilty Gear. On a purely empirical level, I'm certain there's alot more frames of animation in use in Blazblue (at least 50% more on average). But beyond that, I think Blazblue has better poses and movement overall. Guilty Gear takes some shortcuts here and there, with lots of "limited" animation in the sense that a character might be attacking and only their appendage is reanimated while everything else stays in place (limited animation isn't always bad though, and it's not always appropriate to redraw everything, it just depends on the action being conveyed). In Blazblue they shy away from that and use nice full animation with more drawing changes frame to frame which works very well for broad fighting actions cos it lets the character swivel and shift weight and put their whole body into their attacks.

I still prefer the character designs of Guilty Gear, but Blazblue really won me over with it's actual animation and sprites.

The original Guilty Gears still look good to me though. I never had a problem with the "LOL 2 frame animations" cos they came out in a quick and timely fashion and they looked just fine.

Blazblue has some of the best quick-rapidfire-weak-attacks I've seen though. I think they realised people would spend alot of time mashing the A button, so they made em look extra nice and smooth.

Maybe Blazblue seems choppier relative to other games you've been playing. Like if you just finished playing Third Strike or that ps3 Naruto game, everything else will look choppy by comparison.

[this message was edited by nobinobita on Wed 15 Jul 04:41]

Pollyanna
2716th Post

"Re(2):Late to the party" , posted Wed 15 Jul 10:38post reply

quote:

The original Guilty Gears still look good to me though. I never had a problem with the "LOL 2 frame animations" cos they came out in a quick and timely fashion and they looked just fine.

Blazblue has some of the best quick-rapidfire-weak-attacks I've seen though. I think they realised people would spend alot of time mashing the A button, so they made em look extra nice and smooth.

Maybe Blazblue seems choppier relative to other games you've been playing. Like if you just finished playing Third Strike or that ps3 Naruto game, everything else will look choppy by comparison.

I always felt that GG (and BB) were so fast that super fluid animation would be wasted. I think they've come up with a very elegant solution to sprite design. They're clean, expressive and crisp...and their relative simplicity allows them to whip them out without a huge amount of hassle.

Like... I love the way KOF XII looks...it has the best sprites the 2D fighting genre has ever seen, but that result comes at a price and it seems like SNK has bitten off more than they could chew in many ways.

So, what I'm saying is that realistically, every fighting game can't look like that and the ArcSys approach is a great solution.

I am, however, extremely disappointed at how many people think KOF XII looks bad (visually) in comparison to BlazBlue. My local arcade had the two games side by side and while I was busy being enraptured by the muscles in KOF XII, I thought BlazBlue looked decidedly flat and choppy in comparison.

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

Mozex
381th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(2):Late to the party" , posted Wed 15 Jul 11:54post reply

quote:

Hard to say as I haven't been playing many fighting games at all lately, and those that I have are 3D (Soul Caliber, SF4).

Here's an example of the difference I perceive between GG and BlazBlue:
Lets say sword dude has an overhead swing that takes 1/2 second and they give it 3 frames of animation.

In GG I would expect frames 1 and 2 to have lots of motion blur ( example ). Even though the example is a still you can tell that the sword is being swung and the direction it's being swung in.

In BlazBlue I see a lot more of this. From the still you can't tell what's going on. Is May swinging the anchor or picking it back up?

Yes I realize both these examples are from the same game. I also happen to think that Sol's attacks are animated about a million times better than May's.

Be kind to goblins.

Grave
1175th Post

"Re(3):Late to the party" , posted Wed 15 Jul 12:49post reply

Well, no matter what you think, it's PSN party time! If you see this, YOU ARE INVITED! Until there's 6 people. Then you're not.

Spoon
1791th Post

"Re(3):Late to the party" , posted Wed 15 Jul 15:10post reply

quote:

while I was busy being enraptured by the muscles in KOF XII,

I think we are all of one mind on this particular subject.

Ralf~<3

Pollyanna
2717th Post

"Missed the party" , posted Wed 15 Jul 21:05post reply

quote:

The answer is... it depends.

Yes, you can wiggle the stick left and right to reduce the freeze time (think of it like stagger in GG/VF), but depending on what he follows it up with, it might not make a difference. If he freezes you in the corner and then runs up and does a 5A, you are probably not going to be able to shake out of that.

I think this is a silly thing to have to do, but thanks for the advice. It helped tremendously.

Aaaaand...

quote:
Well, no matter what you think, it's PSN party time! If you see this, YOU ARE INVITED! Until there's 6 people. Then you're not.

Sorry I missed the party tonight! Work was eating me alive. It may or may not continue to do so.

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

Grave
1176th Post

"Re(1):Missed the party" , posted Thu 16 Jul 05:35post reply

Sucks about the connection issue, Evenor! Some pretty good matches last night. mbisonhatclub's Litchi is getting nastier and nastier and he was nice enough to play a shit-ton of Litchi/Hakumen matches with me and I think I learned a lot for it.

I think it's about time to take it back to ranked... once I take care of my business for the day, anyway.

Evenor
694th Post

"Re(2):Missed the party" , posted Thu 16 Jul 07:38post reply

quote:
Sucks about the connection issue, Evenor! Some pretty good matches last night. mbisonhatclub's Litchi is getting nastier and nastier and he was nice enough to play a shit-ton of Litchi/Hakumen matches with me and I think I learned a lot for it.

I have no problem with ranked matches, but for some reason I have the hardest time joining actual rooms! Oh student housing ;o;~
But hopefully by the end of this month ( when I move) I will be able to play with you guys.

BADEN-BADEN LILY!

Pollyanna
2718th Post

"Re(3):Missed the party" , posted Thu 16 Jul 08:13post reply

quote:

I have no problem with ranked matches, but for some reason I have the hardest time joining actual rooms! Oh student housing ;o;~
But hopefully by the end of this month ( when I move) I will be able to play with you guys.

BADEN-BADEN LILY!

You guys know you can't connect to a room where people are actually playing, right? Err...WHEN people are actually playing.

Also, does everyone have NAT type 2 on their PS3 connection? If not, you might want to fix that. (It's easy enough...)

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

hikarutilmitt
496th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(4):Late to the party" , posted Thu 16 Jul 09:04post reply

quote:

Oooh, ooh, I wanna join!

Grave
1177th Post

"Re(4):Missed the party" , posted Thu 16 Jul 09:08post reply

quote:
You guys know you can't connect to a room where people are actually playing, right? Err...WHEN people are actually playing.

Actually... I didn't!

I guess that explains a bit! I always send the invite then dive into a match. Oof.

Anyway, I'll try to be on tonight but no promises! I just landed myself into a giant heap of real life-y trouble and I need to get on that, like, ten minutes ago.

Grave
1180th Post

"Re(5):Missed the party" , posted Sat 18 Jul 16:53post reply

Currently Blazing Blues at the moment! We have one slot open right now! Polly and anyone else who wants to play with us, if you're without headsets and wish to talk to a bunch of classless degenerates such as ourselves, you can head over to #fret on irc.esper.net!

Pollyanna
2723th Post

"Re(6):Missed the party" , posted Sun 19 Jul 09:44post reply

quote:
classless degenerates

Speaking of which, just so you know, I miss a lot of what is said during our late night party sessions because I'm usually either doing work or cleaning my apartment (when I'm not winning)...but the pieces of your conversations that I do catch are...enlightening...from a purely socio psychological perspective, of course.

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

KTallguy
1117th Post

"Re(7):Missed the party" , posted Mon 20 Jul 10:00post reply

Hey, I've been watching a lot of the blazblue tutorial DVD videos on youtube and it does look like a better game than GGX... I'm pretty surprised.

One thing that I was trying to figure out is exactly what those nails that Bang can put on the screen do. The one where it just stays on the screen with a 風 (kaze) character on it.

Also I know that the nails that he throws as air projectiles take from his nail count below his health, does that go up automatically?

Bang is such a funny character :)

Play to win... or to have fun too! :)

Evenor
697th Post

"Re(8):Missed the party" , posted Mon 20 Jul 10:20post reply

quote:
Hey, I've been watching a lot of the blazblue tutorial DVD videos on youtube and it does look like a better game than GGX... I'm pretty surprised.

One thing that I was trying to figure out is exactly what those nails that Bang can put on the screen do. The one where it just stays on the screen with a 風 (kaze) character on it.

Also I know that the nails that he throws as air projectiles take from his nail count below his health, does that go up automatically?

Bang is such a funny character :)

I think you can dash off those kaze circle/things and extend your jump/pressure game. As for the nails all I know is that they replenish after each round and that his nail umbrella super is dependent on how many nails you have ( ex. more nails the longer the duration)

Grave
1190th Post

"BLAZBLUE TIME IS NOW" , posted Tue 21 Jul 16:16post reply

GO GO GO

Nekros
195th Post

Regular Customer

"BLAZBLUE: CONTINUUM SHIFT" , posted Thu 24 Sep 23:33post reply

New arcade version!
Plus, this will probabily be the European console version of the game!

http://www.neo-arcadia.co/News/voir_news.php?id_news=2

Grave
1209th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(1):BLAZBLUE: CONTINUUM SHIFT" , posted Thu 24 Sep 23:55post reply

Yes! This news pleases me. Impressions from the upcoming loketest will please me even more!

Also: I have been playing this game on PS3 a lot again! That means you should too! If I can find the 360 version for a decent price I'd like to buy that too, but I don't have a controller I can stand for that system yet.

Also, other than RugalFalcon I don't think I have any of you guys on XBL! My gamertag is Mikelson, though I'll be Xboxless for a week or more starting now.

Grave
1225th Post

"Re(2):BLAZBLUE: CONTINUOUS SHIT" , posted Sat 17 Oct 16:44post reply

Soooo it's that time again! As you might have guessed, I'm severely intoxicated. Come beat up people on PS3! Hit up Drakee for an invite!

I know nobody's awake, but it never hurts to try...

Maou
1838th Post

"Re(3):BLAZBLUE: CONTINUOUS SHIT" , posted Sat 17 Oct 17:01:post reply

quote:
Soooo it's that time again! As you might have guessed, I'm severely intoxicated. Come beat up people on PS3! Hit up Drakee for an invite!

I know nobody's awake, but it never hurts to try...

I'm not awake either and don't have anything newer than a DS (finally), but I always dig your funny invites so much that I am considering subcontracting out someone awesome for you to play against every time this happens. So, when someone randomly challenges you as you're waiting around and they turn out to be awesomely fun, we can pretend that they were actually sent by me. It always sounded like such fun.

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

[this message was edited by Maou on Sat 17 Oct 17:01]

Grave
1226th Post

"Re(4):BLAZBLUE: CONTINUOUS SHIT" , posted Sat 17 Oct 18:21post reply

GET A PS3 NOW ASSHOLE

badoor
90th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(4):BLAZBLUE: CONTINUOUS SHIT" , posted Sat 17 Oct 23:42post reply

quote:
I am considering subcontracting out someone awesome for you to play against every time this happens. So, when someone randomly challenges you as you're waiting around and they turn out to be awesomely fun, we can pretend that they were actually sent by me. It always sounded like such fun.

VIDEOGAME PROSTITUTION!

changes and videos:-
http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7398

I'm kind of bummed out that v-13 (now changed to lambda-11, its the whole Zato-1 -> Eddie thing again. I know its story related and what-not) was nerfed badly. The two new characters look fun to play and I assume that there aren't any more characters to be added.

Maou
1838th Post

"Re(5):BLAZBLUE: CONTINUOUS SHIT" , posted Sun 18 Oct 01:01post reply

quote:
GET A PS3 NOW ASSHOLE

Fiend, buy me one! Or else port the game to DS, pronto. Or Dreamcast, for that matter. I would do a 56k modem battle any day.

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

hikarutilmitt
513th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(5):BLAZBLUE: CONTINUOUS SHIT" , posted Sun 18 Oct 03:11post reply

quote:
http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7398

I'm kind of bummed out that v-13 (now changed to lambda-11, its the whole Zato-1 -> Eddie thing again. I know its story related and what-not) was nerfed badly. The two new characters look fun to play and I assume that there aren't any more characters to be added.

Litchi:
Stick 3C - existing 3C>release D combo does not work, special cancelable but lost its manten return state

Tsubame Gaeshi - easier to tech, can not end the regular combo with DP setup, hard to combo with 6C, not RCable, breaks 1 guard primer

13 orphans - damage nerfed, full hit only does 1100~

What have they done to my mahjong lady?!

mbisonhatclub
126th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(6):BLAZBLUE: CONTINUOUS SHIT" , posted Tue 20 Oct 05:22post reply

quote:
Litchi:
Stick 3C - existing 3C>release D combo does not work, special cancelable but lost its manten return state

Tsubame Gaeshi - easier to tech, can not end the regular combo with DP setup, hard to combo with 6C, not RCable, breaks 1 guard primer

13 orphans - damage nerfed, full hit only does 1100~

WHAT.

whyyoudothis.jpg

Nekros
243th Post

Frequent Customer

"CONTINUOUS SHIT - now on YOUR console!" , posted Sat 13 Mar 19:00post reply

From the 1st of July, in Japan, both PS3 and 360. PS3 owners obviously blessed by region-free :P

Trailer: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/japanese-shredding-blazblue-continuum/63084

At the end of the trailer you will see

Spoiler (Highlight to view) -
the lamest extra character that comes to your mind

End of Spoiler

I HATE YOU, NOEL!!!!!! -_-

Pollyanna
2883th Post

"Re(1):CONTINUOUS SHIT - now on YOUR console!" , posted Sat 13 Mar 19:57post reply

quote:
From the 1st of July, in Japan, both PS3 and 360. PS3 owners obviously blessed by region-free :P

Trailer: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/japanese-shredding-blazblue-continuum/63084

At the end of the trailer you will see

I HATE YOU, NOEL!!!!!! -_-

What a terrible trailer. Most of it was just the OP from the last game! There go my hopes for a new animated opening! And it looks like Noel #2 might just be Nu #3? I hope not...

Oh well...I'm buying it anyway. I love CS all the same. Can't wait to play online!

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

Grave
1303th Post

"Re(2):CONTINUOUS SHIT - now on YOUR console!" , posted Sat 13 Mar 20:07post reply

Definitely a weak trailer, but come on, we were all buying this to begin with. The trailer may as well be 2 minutes if Daisuke Ishiwatari poking a cat's butthole with a pen. It is irrelevant!

Very little hype for Mu, but I say this as a resident of a hopelessly spoiled post-Hakan world. She may be vaguely shiny but... he's glistening! There is no comparison.

I mostly just want to go nuts with delicious CS Hakumen on the internet. Since I'm finally going to be reunited with my PS3 next week I'll be looking to get some CT going again if there are any tagers. I mean, takers. Ha ha! Okay, I need to sleep.

Nekros
247th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(3):CONTINUOUS SHIT - now on YOUR console!" , posted Sat 13 Mar 20:18:post reply

The "new" characters in the console version are 4

The usual Tsubaki and Hazama.

PLUS

Lambda-11 (Nu clone with a black armor)
Mee-12 (awaken Noel with Nu's armor)

I think them will be alternative versions of Nu, in the fashion of Robo-Ky and Order-Sol.
So, new gameplay, old design.

[this message was edited by Nekros on Sat 13 Mar 20:19]

Grave
1305th Post

"Re(4):CONTINUOUS SHIT - now on YOUR console!" , posted Sat 13 Mar 20:32post reply

Lambda isn't new for the console version, she replaced Nu for the arcade version of CS as well. Mu, however, is all new for the home version.

Unless they decided to put Nu back in as well and give her different moves! ALL NOELS ALL THE TIME. Please don't do this.

Nekros
248th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(5):CONTINUOUS SHIT - now on YOUR console!" , posted Sat 13 Mar 20:37post reply

quote:
Lambda isn't new for the console version, she replaced Nu for the arcade version of CS as well

Yeah, true. She's playable in the arcade?

Grave
1306th Post

"Re(6):CONTINUOUS SHIT - now on YOUR console!" , posted Sat 13 Mar 20:45post reply

Her moveset and all of her sprites are identical to Nu's from what I understand, save for the color... well, maybe not identical, but only about as different as everyone is from their CT versions? I haven't played her personally. But that's what I'm led to believe from encountering her in play and from dustloop, etc.

Pollyanna
2885th Post

"Re(7):CONTINUOUS SHIT - now on YOUR console!" , posted Sun 14 Mar 07:22post reply

quote:
Her moveset and all of her sprites are identical to Nu's from what I understand, save for the color... well, maybe not identical, but only about as different as everyone is from their CT versions? I haven't played her personally. But that's what I'm led to believe from encountering her in play and from dustloop, etc.

She's one of the more changed characters, but some were hardly changed at all (Tao). I've spent a lot of time with CS, and I like it, but I'm getting really sick of suffering through certain combos. Ragna can do some really nasty stuff that he's just...eventually going to hit you with if he keeps hammering (and he will). Of course, getting hit by one of Bang's brutal combos is demoralizing, but more than that, they're just so SLOW! I get bored! Having a "free" burst(s) counteracts this a bit, though.

I also think they handled Rachel REALLY poorly. I don't have a problem with her being weak...I usually end up using low-tier characters anyway...but they just weren't creative with it. She feels sloppy. For example her air like...isn't even safe on COUNTER anymore. I realize that move needed to be nerfed, but doing something like that is just stupid. Why include it at all?

Hakumen and Carl are wayyy more fun now, though...and I feel like Jin is "fixed". Hazama is a bit boring after you get over the first "hump" with him, though. I use Tsubaki a lot, but she sure is weak...

Wahhhhhh...I really can't wait to play with everyone. I can't wait for SSF4, even!

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

Nekros
251th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(8):CONTINUOUS SHIT - now on YOUR console!" , posted Sun 14 Mar 20:30post reply

quote:

Wahhhhhh...I really can't wait to play with everyone. I can't wait for SSF4, even!

Now I'm scared!

What about changes on Arakune?

Evenor
713th Post

"Re(9):CONTINUOUS SHIT - now on YOUR console!" , posted Mon 15 Mar 04:47post reply

quote:

Now I'm scared!

What about changes on Arakune?

mega nerf

Grave
1317th Post

"blazing blues" , posted Wed 7 Apr 15:13post reply

blazing blues on PSN as we speak

Shin ATproof
1233th Post

"Re(10):CONTINUOUS SHIT - now on YOUR console!" , posted Wed 7 Apr 22:33post reply

If anyone has the game on the 360 and is down for a match, let me know. My gamertag is the same as my screenname.

Pretty brutal Hakumen user...and I LOVE HIM in BBCS. Such a beast for so little effort.

Sí mon con langosta y camarón

Grave
1318th Post

"attention PS3 pretties: BBCT tonight" , posted Mon 12 Apr 10:13post reply

quote:
If anyone has the game on the 360 and is down for a match, let me know. My gamertag is the same as my screenname.

Pretty brutal Hakumen user...and I LOVE HIM in BBCS. Such a beast for so little effort.

I don't play fighting games on 360 cuz I can't stand the d-pad and I'm not gonna buy a stick for it when all the other fighters I own are for PS3. If Razer's 360 pad has a good d-pad I might pick up both versions of BBCS when that's out though!

We'll be playing tonight and mbisonhatclub may be streaming so you can watch my shitty Hakumen and Tao! If I see any of you on I'll send invites.

Shin ATproof
1236th Post

"Re(1):attention PS3 pretties: BBCT tonight" , posted Mon 12 Apr 11:49post reply

quote:

I don't play fighting games on 360 cuz I can't stand the d-pad and I'm not gonna buy a stick for it when all the other fighters I own are for PS3.

How to get around that:
Have a dual mod stick. It is what I own and whenever I play on my friend's PS3 I bring my 360/PS1&2 stick with a converter.

quote:
If Razer's 360 pad has a good d-pad I might pick up both versions of BBCS when that's out though!

I plan to get a PS3 later in the year, maybe we can play then. If you can play on the 360 version let me know. Either way, look forward to playing you some time.

Sí mon con langosta y camarón

mbisonhatclub
151th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):attention PS3 pretties: BBCT tonight" , posted Mon 12 Apr 14:05post reply

quote:
We'll be playing tonight and mbisonhatclub may be streaming so you can watch my shitty Hakumen and Tao! If I see any of you on I'll send invites.

If anyone wants to watch when we get started, Click here for the stream

Evenor
720th Post

"Re(2):attention PS3 pretties: BBCT tonight" , posted Mon 12 Apr 16:40post reply

quote:
If anyone wants to watch when we get started, Click here for the stream

Great games guys! I totally want to eat one of these this week!

mbisonhatclub
152th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):attention PS3 pretties: BBCT tonight" , posted Mon 12 Apr 17:52post reply

quote:
Great games guys! I totally want to eat one of these this week!

Bon apetit! Also, ggs (girl's generation songs) too. And to Pollyana as well

Pollyanna
2899th Post

"Re(4):attention PS3 pretties: BBCT tonight" , posted Mon 12 Apr 19:29post reply

I'm sorry I didn't stay longer, but my connection was absolutely BETRAYING me. I've never had lag on BlazBlue before, so I was starting to lose my temper. I'll just say it was a fluke and hope for better next time.

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

mbisonhatclub
154th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(5):attention PS3 pretties: BBCT tonight" , posted Tue 13 Apr 03:02:post reply

quote:
I'm sorry I didn't stay longer, but my connection was absolutely BETRAYING me. I've never had lag on BlazBlue before, so I was starting to lose my temper. I'll just say it was a fluke and hope for better next time.

Apologies for whatever was going wrong; part of it was probably because I was streaming at the same time

Most of the others were okay with the connection it seems, especially after I got sound to work in the stream so we could listen in on the stupid stuff we say, so hopefully it was just some transient thing with the servers/connection that'll be alleviated next time we play

Also I do not know why you feel outclassed, hardly any of us are pros at it anyway and obviously I play too much of it online as evident from my d-card

Furthermore, we invite other people to join us! Preferably, with a mic/headset, because we like to have stupid repulsive conversations while playing, but it's not mandatory

We'll also probably be playing some Tekken and Battle Fantasia, Tekken which I'm crap at and the latter which I'm still just learning as well, and not to mention Lost Planet 2 Demo (hopefully to become full version in May) which we still enjoy shooting bugs out of the sky and getting electrocuted by the giant blanka monster bug, and whatever else games we can get our hands on for PSN multipass/play

But LOL@Street Fighter HDRemix (I refuse to play it seriously, suckit Uglydon/BrokeBackbone Mountain, sorry IronD!)

EDIT: HOWEVER, SSF4 looks like a prospective game we will be playing, so if you are still exclusive to Street Fighter and don't like combo games, we will be hitting up that in the near future, and perhaps I should make a separate thread because people might miss this message due to not reading a thread that seems exclusive to Blazblue talk

EDIT2: Status for KOFXII:

Spoiler (Highlight to view) -
no

End of Spoiler

[this message was edited by mbisonhatclub on Tue 13 Apr 03:09]

Ishmael
3753th Post

"Re(6):attention PS3 pretties: BBCT tonight" , posted Tue 13 Apr 06:30post reply

I'm not a BBCT player at all but if there's going to be a similar gathering for other games in the future drop me a line at Ishmael26b. If nothing else I'd like to watch (and silently judge) via the stream.

quote:
We'll also probably be playing some Tekken and Battle Fantasia, Tekken which I'm crap at and the latter which I'm still just learning as well, and not to mention Lost Planet 2 Demo (hopefully to become full version in May) which we still enjoy shooting bugs out of the sky and getting electrocuted by the giant blanka monster bug, and whatever else games we can get our hands on for PSN multipass/play

Is the Lost Planet 2 demo worth trying out?

Grave
1319th Post

"Re(7):attention PS3 pretties: BBCT tonight" , posted Tue 13 Apr 09:13post reply

quote:
Is the Lost Planet 2 demo worth trying out?

The LP2 demo is GREAT. Super fun 4P co-op. Really looking forward to the final game. Might be down to play it a few times tonight, today has been a giant pile of shit and I desperately need to blow off some steam. I'm Drakee on PSN.

Ishmael
3754th Post

"Re(8):attention PS3 pretties: BBCT tonight" , posted Wed 14 Apr 10:27post reply

quote:
The LP2 demo is GREAT. Super fun 4P co-op. Really looking forward to the final game. Might be down to play it a few times tonight, today has been a giant pile of shit and I desperately need to blow off some steam. I'm Drakee on PSN.

Thanks everyone for the recommendation on the LP2 demo. I never did quite decide what I thought of the first Lost Planet but the sequel already looks like it's going to be something fun. Machine gunning bugs out of the air is a game staple that I will never tire of.

Shin ATproof
1252th Post

"Console Continuum Shift news" , posted Mon 31 May 17:17:post reply

It was leaked from FanimeCon (an Anime convention in San Jose California) Guests of Honor Toshimichi Mori and Daisuke Ishiwatari announced that the Console version of BlazBlue: Continuum Shift will receive a patch with character rebalances and tweaks no earlier than six months after release.

Speculation is that the Arcade version may see this update before the Console version to help breathe new life into the Arcade game to generate revenue potentially lost with the release of the Console version.

...hear that? That is the sound of every Rachel user around the world rejoicing.

Fact: Everything with Norio Wakamoto and/or JAM Project is awesome.
Sí mon con langosta y camarón!

[this message was edited by Shin ATproof on Mon 31 May 17:23]

Pollyanna
2928th Post

PSN: Lilly_Dopamine
XBL: n/a
Wii: n/a

"Re(1):Console Continuum Shift news" , posted Mon 31 May 19:15post reply

quote:
It was leaked from FanimeCon (an Anime convention in San Jose California) Guests of Honor Toshimichi Mori and Daisuke Ishiwatari announced that the Console version of BlazBlue: Continuum Shift will receive a patch with character rebalances and tweaks no earlier than six months after release.

Speculation is that the Arcade version may see this update before the Console version to help breathe new life into the Arcade game to generate revenue potentially lost with the release of the Console version.

...hear that? That is the sound of every Rachel user around the world rejoicing.

Great news. It puts them in a tough spot, though...as I'm sure they don't want to anger Litchi, Ragna and Bang players.

Even as a Litchi player myself, I wish they would get rid of some of her more offensively long combos. I think giving her comboability off of her low A was unnecessary as well. Removing that would be an easy debuff right off the bat.

With Rachel, I just want her air down C back to its old self. Everything else they did I can deal with, but making that move SO useless was just cruel.

Ahhh...maybe Tsubaki will be less embarrassingly weak now...?

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

Shin ATproof
1252th Post

"Re(2):Console Continuum Shift news" , posted Wed 2 Jun 05:26post reply

Personally, as a Hakumen user, I went through a lot of crappy matches in BBCT because he wasn't very good. Now I've got a taste of awesome life with his BBCS version, I hope they don't weaken him.

Honestly though, he is at a pretty fair spot. The only reason he isn't S rank is his meter dependency for his combos. Yeah, there needs to be some work on the S rank to bring them down a notch, but not too much I hope.

I think a sufficient nerf to BBCT Rachel should have been her damage output. A mere damage reduction would have made a world of difference since there was no reason she should have been able to do like 10k damage in one combo from corner pressure and oki shenanigans with the frog.

It'll be interesting to see how she changes (presumably for the better), I just hope they don't over compensate for fixing her and totally beat the top tiers to death with the nerf bat.

hikarutilmitt
547th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(3):Console Continuum Shift news" , posted Wed 2 Jun 08:25post reply

quote:
Personally, as a Hakumen user, I went through a lot of crappy matches in BBCT because he wasn't very good. Now I've got a taste of awesome life with his BBCS version, I hope they don't weaken him.

Honestly though, he is at a pretty fair spot. The only reason he isn't S rank is his meter dependency for his combos. Yeah, there needs to be some work on the S rank to bring them down a notch, but not too much I hope.

I think a sufficient nerf to BBCT Rachel should have been her damage output. A mere damage reduction would have made a world of difference since there was no reason she should have been able to do like 10k damage in one combo from corner pressure and oki shenanigans with the frog.

It'll be interesting to see how she changes (presumably for the better), I just hope they don't over compensate for fixing her and totally beat the top tiers to death with the nerf bat.

I always felt the better nerf for Rachel would have been reducing the amount of shit she can have on screen at once along with reducing the strength of sylpheed. I was never really THAT concerned with the damage as much as the fact that should could turn the screen into a mine field and then pretty much shove you into it.

But then, all they needed to do to Arakune was remove the ability to curse on block and he would have been MUCH more manageable.

PSN: hikarutimitt
XBL: hikarutilmitt

Shin ATproof
1254th Post

"Re(4):Console Continuum Shift news" , posted Wed 2 Jun 10:36:post reply

Well, to further add on the subject of Arakune. It was also nonsensical that he should be able to recurse you and replenish the meter.

What they did to him in BBCS is interesting and he still manages to be good. Hopefully though they remove that (glitch?) combo that is pretty much instakill from an airthrow into curse. Hard to land from what I'm told but he shouldn't have it at all.

[this message was edited by Shin ATproof on Wed 2 Jun 10:39]

Grave
1328th Post

PSN: Drakee
XBL: Mikelson

"Re(3):Console Continuum Shift news" , posted Wed 2 Jun 22:08post reply

quote:

Honestly, in most of my low-level play experience I rarely felt like I lost a match because Hakumen just wasn't good, it's just that my particular Hakumen wasn't that good. Regardless of where he may have fallen in the tiers I never felt handicapped by him in any way.

...that said, I am totally in love with CS Hakumen and I can't wait for the console version. If he gets nerfed hard 6 months down the line I will be a sad panda but that's how it goes. Still, committing to do followup balancing after a fighting game's console release... this is unprecedented, isn't it? I love you more and more all the time, Arc System Works.

Looking forward to relearning what I've already forgotten with Hazama and picking up Tsubaki!

Nekros
278th Post

Copper Customer

"Holy Shift! Incoming dlc chars" , posted Wed 7 Jul 01:35:post reply

Inside the disc there is a surprise:

Theme of Valkenhayn Hellsing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCWmzNI_0fU
(crappy metal music)

Theme of Makoto Nanaya
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=327P3wGkpUo
(some synth pop with guitar inserts, I can't figure squirrels with this)

Theme of Platinum The Trinity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkERxiQaqEw
(another crappy metal song)

For who is questioning about the character, it's another shitty moe person. A little, very very little magician girl who holds apparently 3 personalities, one of them being a boy.
Gimme back my ABA..... -_-

PS. is also announced the return of NU-13 as dlc.

[this message was edited by Nekros on Wed 7 Jul 01:40]

Ishmael
3833th Post

PSN: Ishmael26b

"Re(1):Holy Shift! Incoming dlc chars" , posted Wed 7 Jul 03:17post reply

Has anyone heard how much all this dlc for BB is going to cost? Normally I would shrug off dlc stuff as an evil of this current console generation but since a chunk of the roster in this game is pay-for-play it's a real concern.

Iggy
9148th Post

"Re(2):Holy Shift! Incoming dlc chars" , posted Wed 7 Jul 05:03post reply

quote:
Has anyone heard how much all this dlc for BB is going to cost? Normally I would shrug off dlc stuff as an evil of this current console generation but since a chunk of the roster in this game is pay-for-play it's a real concern.

I think someone calculated the total cost of the announced DLC at around 5000 yens, and that was before the other two DLC characters were discovered. But I'm too lazy to go and check.

Pollyanna
2944th Post

"Re(2):Holy Shift! Incoming dlc chars" , posted Wed 7 Jul 07:10post reply

quote:

In Japan, it'll be about $20 for the new characters. Like...$6 each? The other stuff, if I recall, consists of alternate colors and stuff you can unlock yourself if you don't just LOVE spending money. My guess in America is 4.99 or 5.99 per character. Just a guess, though.

I'm quite excited about the DLC, myself, probably because I've already played the arcade version of CS to death. But I also like how it makes the game "future proof". I'm sure they're planning another arcade version with the new characters and rebalance, so this breaks the obnoxious cycle of "waiting forever and paying full price for a minor update that you've already played to death in the arcade." I realize this isn't an issue for American players so much, but the game is also $20 cheaper in America and I'm not sure it was made with them in mind in the first place.

The balance patch is especially exciting, because the introduction of the DLC characters first will give ArcSys a huge "test sample" to see who needs to be fixed and how.

quote:
For who is questioning about the character, it's another shitty moe person. A little, very very little magician girl who holds apparently 3 personalities, one of them being a boy.
Gimme back my ABA..... -_-

ABA is arguably my favorite fighting game character ever, but I'm pumped about Platina, too. She looks totally ridiculous. I can't wait to see how she switches personalities. I wonder if the 3rd (hero) personality will just come out for supers or if it'll be like Raoh for Zappa where you have to meet some requirement to call it out.

Hahaha... her theme song rips off "Romance" by Penicillin!

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

mbisonhatclub
173th Post

PSN: hadoolket

Regular Customer

"Re(1):Holy Shift! Incoming dlc chars" , posted Wed 7 Jul 09:20post reply

quote:
PS. is also announced the return of NU-13 as dlc.
Which, by the way, you can unlock normally without downloading/buying anything, same with Mu-12

For the love of God, I know it's not you guys, but don't go around posting to the Aksys forums and linking these ripped DLC songs and character images in that FAQ thread they have as if that'll force their hand. That's just plain fucking stupid. They'll figure out that they were ripped but they won't be so inclined to remove stuff off Youtube and the like. But they're not going to speak unless Arcsys themselves say something.

The character DLCs are 560msp on the 360, which I guess is about 7 to 8 dollars? I don't really know the Live monetary system, but hopefully in the US they downgrade the price to about 5 like Polly suggested, because BB is still quite a niche franchise--hear that, SNKP? You may want to consider that with US KOFXIII, too! Every other DLC is alt. colors (purely cosmetic) or if you suck, because unlimited characters are unlockable without buying them, but it will be quite an uphill climb to do that. Only Makoto, Valk, and Platinum are really anything that matter as far as gameplay. But a lot of people like to criticize the high price of the total DLC value and include the stuff that you don't have to buy to affect the gameplay, and that's like saying you had to buy the costumes in SSF4 in order to give yourself something refreshing

I've been considering switching to Jin in BBCS because Litchi has way too many options for pressure and comboing, especially for a character that seemed generally intended for a form of keep-away and long-ranged attacks

Also, off-topic: is there a way to change my username on this BBS to hadoolket besides re-registering?

quote:
Hahaha... her theme song rips off "Romance" by Penicillin!
Orly, I must give this song a listen then

Grave
1337th Post

"Re(2):Holy Shift! Incoming dlc chars" , posted Wed 7 Jul 10:02post reply

I'm kind of irritated about the response so far as well, mostly because the Aksys crew is made up of really, really nice people and they're all about giving the fans what they want. They're all like, "Hey Grave! Remember that Deathsmiles Xbox faceplate you wanted but couldn't even come close to winning at PAX East? Here, have one when you buy the limited edition!" And they strongly hinted at selling the Noel Petit Nendoroids through their store... Oh yeah, and the games are pretty sweet too!

I said many times that I would have gladly paid more than $60 for the amount of fun I got out of BBCT and getting BBCS for $40 is a total steal. Will I buy the DLC characters? Obviously. Will I buy a bunch of color sets? Probably! I look at vanity things like extra colors and gamerpics etc. as something of a tip jar for the company in question. Didn't take a lot of effort to churn out, you're not missing any part of the experience by avoiding them, but they're a fun little bonus and they help the folks on the receiving end out.

It's a far cry from having a bunch of multiplayer maps for sale the day the game comes out, I think. Initially I though that Makoto was landing a lot closer to the game's release date than I would have liked... but I'm also insanely curious to see how she plays. Maybe the only reason I don't feel like I'm getting bent over is because of how much I like this game, but regardless of why I perceive it this way it just doesn't reek of the same evil that most DLC does to me.

tl;dr: arc and aksys love me and care for me and capcom is stupid butts

Pollyanna
2945th Post

"Re(2):Holy Shift! Incoming dlc chars" , posted Wed 7 Jul 18:50post reply

quote:
And they strongly hinted at selling the Noel Petit Nendoroids through their store...

They were selling them for $20 at Anime Expo. That bodes well, but I'd keep your eyes peeled, as they may not sell a whole bunch of them.

Ngggghhhhh...I wanna see the artbook that came with the CS LE! I saw Kinu's (!) illustration from it, but they said Ishiwatari did some as well. I've seen his Noel as well as the picture he did for the cover of the official manga, but I don't know if he has more. His Hazama looks soo cooool!

quote:
I look at vanity things like extra colors and gamerpics etc. as something of a tip jar for the company in question. Didn't take a lot of effort to churn out, you're not missing any part of the experience by avoiding them, but they're a fun little bonus and they help the folks on the receiving end out.

I feel the same way...and I can't really fault them since they provide so many colors anyway. If they were creating a demand by denying us something from the arcade version, then I would be irritated...but that's not the case.

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

Nekros
278th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(3):Holy Shift! Incoming dlc chars" , posted Wed 7 Jul 20:21post reply

quote:

I feel the same way...and I can't really fault them since they provide so many colors anyway. If they were creating a demand by denying us something from the arcade version, then I would be irritated...but that's not the case.

I'm sold with the characters but come on, extra colors! Why not to include a palette editor? You have to pay to get extra colors, not my way.
I made a magnificent black Aulbath in Savior EX, and turned Hibiki from CvS2 in Saya from Blood The Last Vampire.
If you have patience you can do very cool palette swaps without buying them.

Toxico
5046th Post

"Re(4):Holy Shift! Incoming dlc chars" , posted Sat 10 Jul 02:02post reply

Bah

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・
Update 21 as of 29/01/10 (Temporary mega upload link).

Now sponsoring : video game analogies (ES)
Last update : Chapter 18 as of 02/07/10

Shin ATproof
1254th Post

"Re(5):Holy Shift! Incoming dlc chars" , posted Sat 10 Jul 05:12post reply

I haven't had a secondary since all my focus has been on Hakumen. Apparently that paid off since from the transcripts of his Challenge Mode combos, I can do 1-8 in my sleep.

Anyway, after seeing a bit of Makoto in action, I'm definitely making her my secondary.

Seriously, if anyone is getting this for the Xbox360, add me: Shin ATproof
I have a mean Hakumen and I'm not afraid to use him :3

As for other DLC characters, I have a suspicion that Valkenhayn will be somewhat like ABA in that he can transform into a more powerful mode (as a werewolf) and Platinum will be like Zappa in which her three personalities have a different movelist.

Pollyanna
2947th Post

"Re(4):Holy Shift! Incoming dlc chars" , posted Sat 10 Jul 12:18post reply

quote:

I'm sold with the characters but come on, extra colors! Why not to include a palette editor? You have to pay to get extra colors, not my way.
I made a magnificent black Aulbath in Savior EX, and turned Hibiki from CvS2 in Saya from Blood The Last Vampire.
If you have patience you can do very cool palette swaps without buying them.

I spent hours editing the colors in CvS2. Too bad no one wanted to play with me! It would be nice to have that option back in 2D fighters, since you have an online environment to show it off in. I like to be able to differentiate myself from other players.

I think the grater injustice is still SF4, though. Having a 3D game with few costumes, poor costumes and no color editing on costume parts is kind of sad.

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

Nekros
281th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(5):Holy Shift! Incoming dlc chars" , posted Tue 13 Jul 02:56post reply

quote:

I think the grater injustice is still SF4, though. Having a 3D game with few costumes, poor costumes and no color editing on costume parts is kind of sad.

SFIV is the lamest thing in dlc contents. You can download FOR FREE the tournament mode but you have to pay extra costumes.....
Hope SNKP will fix this shame, letting us change the colors in XIII at will.

Gojira
2633th Post

PSN: Gojira_X
XBL: Gojiraaa
Wii: 80085

"Re(6):Holy Shift! Incoming dlc chars" , posted Tue 13 Jul 03:34post reply

Color editing is a nice idea offline, but online it can be a problem. Sure it's fun to think "ooo I can make this character look neat" but when someone else is thinking "ooo I can use this color to be invisible on X stage and pick X stage online for easy wins" it immediately becomes a stupid feature.

Of course you could just make it offline, but then you get a ton of people bitching about how they can't use their custom colors online, and yeah.

shipoopi

Ishmael
3837th Post

"Re(7):Holy Shift! Incoming dlc chars" , posted Tue 13 Jul 11:48post reply

quote:
Color editing is a nice idea offline, but online it can be a problem. Sure it's fun to think "ooo I can make this character look neat" but when someone else is thinking "ooo I can use this color to be invisible on X stage and pick X stage online for easy wins" it immediately becomes a stupid feature.

Of course you could just make it offline, but then you get a ton of people bitching about how they can't use their custom colors online, and yeah.

True, after fighting a few characters who had every part of their palette painted white or something equally obnoxious it would get old fast. I'm all for being able to personalize your gameplay experience but there does have to be limits.

Pollyanna
2949th Post

"Re(7):Holy Shift! Incoming dlc chars" , posted Tue 13 Jul 14:00post reply

quote:

My gosh, I didn't even think of this. Of course, I am consistently shocked by the lengths that players will go to to cheat...or just the general poor sportsmanship I see online. I should be desensitized to it by now, I suppose.

I don't know if that makes a strong argument for or against the color editing, though...as anyone who would do something that ridiculous will undoubtedly find a different way to be a pain in the ass.

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

IkariDC
779th Post

PSN: Ikari_DC
XBL: IkariDC
Wii: Toolazytolookitup

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(8):Holy Shift! Incoming dlc chars" , posted Fri 16 Jul 19:11post reply

There's no release date for CS in Europe yet, CT came out in April and I recently got it for PS3. I guess I'm late for the party, right?

I've played just a bit, completed arcade mode with Ragna, Jin, Arakune and Litchi; Story mode with all those minus Arakune which I'm at 60% (eated everyone).

I played 10 quick matches online against the same person and I won 4 and lost 6. I forgot how to make the uhhh "tension bar specials" (forgot the actual term in blazblue) with Arakune and besides I'm not good at air play. I like Litchi but I noticed that I don't know how to be dynamic, I mean, I don't know what to do next with her. I just randomly try to do stuff. Arcade mode in normal is just too easy, I can't apply what I learned there to online play...

That's about it.

Evenor
727th Post

"Re(9):Holy Shift! Incoming dlc chars" , posted Wed 28 Jul 14:25post reply

Even though I should be talking about how exciting and awesome KOFXIII looks I just got my hands on this game. What happened to Rachel!? She obviously needed a nerf but she is a hot mess now. No more jump shenanigans ;(. Does anyone know which character in this game plays the most like their CT counterpart?

Tsubaki is pretty fun to play as despite her low damage output. I did get my ass destroyed by a Hazama player and he seems like a really fun character! I haven't unlocked her yet but Mu looks intresting. Also, the challenge mode in the game is pretty useful and efficient. I look forward to playing you guys online!

mbisonhatclub
192th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(10):Holy Shift! Incoming dlc chars" , posted Wed 28 Jul 15:47post reply

quote:
Even though I should be talking about how exciting and awesome KOFXIII looks I just got my hands on this game. What happened to Rachel!? She obviously needed a nerf but she is a hot mess now. No more jump shenanigans ;(. Does anyone know which character in this game plays the most like their CT counterpart?

Tsubaki is pretty fun to play as despite her low damage output. I did get my ass destroyed by a Hazama player and he seems like a really fun character! I haven't unlocked her yet but Mu looks intresting. Also, the challenge mode in the game is pretty useful and efficient. I look forward to playing you guys online!

I would say Ragna and Tager are closest. You take away their additions and they're relatively the same as before save for some changes in properties of some attacks, but they can basically nail the same combos as before. Maybe Tao, but I don't know her well enough to say. You should have played with us! Me, Grave, dimsumboi4u and others had a room up, and even Pollyana joined at one point but left after a few battles.

Professor
2743th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(1):Blazblue obligatory release thread" , posted Wed 28 Jul 16:44:post reply

Hah wow, this thread has been running for over an year! Blazblue is quite popular.

There's currently a minor bug (it's actually more of a specification) on the site's new index display; this thread is so old that it isn't showing as it should. No problem though, just keep carrying on'.

[this message was edited by Professor on Wed 28 Jul 17:48]

Nekros
295th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(9):Holy Shift! Incoming dlc chars" , posted Thu 29 Jul 02:45post reply

quote:
There's no release date for CS in Europe yet

Actually, seems to be out for October.

Pollyanna
2953th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):Holy Shift! Incoming dlc chars" , posted Thu 29 Jul 03:47post reply

We should start a new topic. It's a new game!

quote:

I would say Ragna and Tager are closest. You take away their additions and they're relatively the same as before save for some changes in properties of some attacks, but they can basically nail the same combos as before. Maybe Tao, but I don't know her well enough to say. You should have played with us! Me, Grave, dimsumboi4u and others had a room up, and even Pollyana joined at one point but left after a few battles.

Tao was hardly changed at all. She's definitely closest. Ragna feels the same, but he's so much more effective that it ends up being a big difference.

I wouldn't played a lot longer last night, but my connection was awful! I didn't play a single good match all night. I had a router apocalypse that hopefully has been fixed, but if not, I'll plug the PS3 straight into my modem if I have to!

I've heard others complain about shoddy connections, though, so maybe it's not all me? Playing CT, (excluding the last time we played together) I would blow a combo every once in a while due to some random hiccup, but with CS, I've been totally unable to play half the cast due to incessant, random pauses. My Hazama was a disaster, and he's usually one of my strongest.

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

Baines
260th Post

Copper Customer

"Color edit" , posted Thu 29 Jul 05:03post reply

quote:
Of course, I am consistently shocked by the lengths that players will go to to cheat...or just the general poor sportsmanship I see online. I should be desensitized to it by now, I suppose.

I don't know if that makes a strong argument for or against the color editing, though...as anyone who would do something that ridiculous will undoubtedly find a different way to be a pain in the ass.

The moment you offer a color edit function, certain people respond.

One group immediately decides "A solid <color> <character> will look awesome!", without any concern for how making a character one single color will make it harder for the other player to tell what the character is doing.

A second group will immediately try to edit out the clothing of the female characters, to varying degrees of success. Now Chun-Li is topless and Vanessa is completely nude, and your game just went from "Rated T for violence" to "Rated M for badly drawn nudity". Not so bad when your game was offline only, but these days your game is online and little Timmy's mommy might happen to see no-panties Shermie shoving some guy's face between her legs.

A third group looks for whatever edge color edits can offer. The basics will go for a solid color character. The fancier ones will work on a camouflage for certain stages. The subtle, given the ability, may only edit out a certain thing (like making a projectile less obvious).

Not so immediate is the fourth group, who will go online and start looking for posted color guides to do any and/or all of the above.

Any of the above, in a world of online gaming, will cause either problems in gameplay/balance or potential ratings flak.

Pollyanna
2954th Post

"Re(1):Color edit" , posted Thu 29 Jul 17:05post reply

Okay, I guess it was the router. Played about 30 matches today and only 2 of them were laggy. Most of the people I played against were ranked "2" on the lag scale. This time, I could only blame my (relatively few) Hazama disasters on myself!

I just hope Makoto doesn't get lost in the slowly-grinding wheels of Sony's approval process. In the meantime, I'm enjoying Mu quite a bit, though I have a feeling my victories are mostly due to the confusion of my opponents.

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

mbisonhatclub
193th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):Color edit" , posted Fri 30 Jul 07:05post reply

quote:
Okay, I guess it was the router. Played about 30 matches today and only 2 of them were laggy. Most of the people I played against were ranked "2" on the lag scale.
That's good to know because I think of the BBCS netcode as an improvement over BBCT's netcode, and it has less freezing/crashing buggery, if any at all, even. But if I remember correctly I don't think you and I even had a match that night so I didn't see what you were experiencing

jUAN
4539th Post

PSN: Buttermonster
XBL: Prepaidpenguin
Wii: rofl

"Re(3):boobie lady" , posted Fri 30 Jul 16:18post reply

The one feature that is amazing is the ability to bring up training mode while you wait on a lobby. I would have loved this in SF/SSF4, particularly when you make a tournament or a team match and it takes forever to get all slots filled.

Professor
2749th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(4):boobie lady" , posted Mon 2 Aug 11:04:post reply

quote:
The one feature that is amazing is the ability to bring up training mode while you wait on a lobby. I would have loved this in SF/SSF4, particularly when you make a tournament or a team match and it takes forever to get all slots filled.

New interview with Blazblue producer hints next release character will be Valkenhayn.

And.. something else may be in preparation?

"Yes. There'll be a few other characters. One of them should really be a surprize to everyone... Everyone should be like "For real!?" Its announcement will be a bit in the future, but we think it's a character that everyone's been waiting for. But for the current time, the next character following Makoto will be a really cool one."

[this message was edited by Professor on Mon 2 Aug 11:05]

mbisonhatclub
194th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(5):boobie lady" , posted Mon 2 Aug 17:28post reply

quote:

New interview with Blazblue producer hints next release character will be Valkenhayn.

"Yes. There'll be a few other characters. One of them should really be a surprize to everyone... Everyone should be like "For real!?" Its announcement will be a bit in the future, but we think it's a character that everyone's been waiting for. But for the current time, the next character following Makoto will be a really cool one."

Obviously, everyone is waiting for Platinum the Trinity, I'm going mad listening to her theme on loop to get hyped up like a hypedog

Though if they actually mean other characters beside Valk and Plat...wait, who else were we waiting for? Jubei? Kokonoe? LINHUA? Or Torakaka

Or perhaps Gary, the four armed monster who is the one truly behind all this mess

Nekros
296th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(6):boobie lady" , posted Mon 2 Aug 21:59post reply

quote:

Obviously, everyone is waiting for Platinum the Trinity, I'm going mad listening to her theme on loop to get hyped up like a hypedog

Though if they actually mean other characters beside Valk and Plat...wait, who else were we waiting for? Jubei? Kokonoe? LINHUA? Or Torakaka

Or perhaps Gary, the four armed monster who is the one truly behind all this mess

If it's ture, the "FOR REAL?" thing is Jubei or a character related to Guilty Gear (sounds stupid ok, but who knows?).

karasu99
401th Post

PSN: robotchris
XBL: robotchris

Gold Customer

"Re(7):boobie lady" , posted Tue 3 Aug 01:44:post reply

Surprisingly, despite not really caring for CT, I've really enjoyed CS so far. I can't really say what it is that I've liked more about this iteration, although I do like the new characters' designs.

Huh, maybe I will join everyone online for a match or two this weekend.

[this message was edited by karasu99 on Tue 3 Aug 01:47]

IkariDC
782th Post

PSN: Ikari_DC
XBL: IkariDC
Wii: Toolazytolookitup

"Re(8):boobie lady" , posted Tue 3 Aug 05:54post reply

Europe is late again for the sequel, but in exchange...

I already preordered my copy! The fans edition one, of course.

Professor
2752th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(9): Chipmunk girl is out" , posted Wed 4 Aug 03:34:post reply

Makoto is already out for the 360 and hitting the PS3 in say, about 9 hours according to the producer. People are calling her a golf game character. Has anyone tried her yet?

[this message was edited by Professor on Wed 4 Aug 03:44]

Nobinobita
777th Post

"Re(10): Chipmunk girl is out" , posted Wed 4 Aug 06:50post reply

quote:
Makoto is already out for the 360 and hitting the PS3 in say, about 9 hours according to the producer. People are calling her a golf game character. Has anyone tried her yet?

I just noticed she has alot in common with Solis from Groove on Fight.

They're both police women, have short brown hair with red eyes, fight with weird Tonfas and most importantly: underboob

As I've mentioned before, Solis is the first instance of aggressive underboob I can remember in a videogame, or well, ever. I bet she was the source of inspiration for Makoto. It might have been unconscious though.

www.art-eater.com

HAYATO
991th Post

"Re(2):Re(10): Chipmunk girl is out" , posted Wed 4 Aug 07:03post reply

quote:

I just noticed she has alot in common with Solis from Groove on Fight.

They're both police women, have short brown hair with red eyes, fight with weird Tonfas and most importantly: underboob

As I've mentioned before, Solis is the first instance of aggressive underboob I can remember in a videogame, or well, ever. I bet she was the source of inspiration for Makoto. It might have been unconscious though.

What about Toshinden's Tracy? There's no love for Toshinden in this Cafe...

Nobinobita
779th Post

"Re(3):Re(10): Chipmunk girl is out" , posted Wed 4 Aug 07:19post reply

quote:

Needs moar underboob!

(just kiddin, I really liked the first two Toshindens)

www.art-eater.com

karasu99
401th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(3):Re(10): Chipmunk girl is out" , posted Wed 4 Aug 07:23post reply

quote:

Clearly, sir, you and I have not spoken often enough then.

HAYATO
992th Post

"Re(4):Re(10): Chipmunk girl is out" , posted Wed 4 Aug 08:03post reply

quote:

Clearly, sir, you and I have not spoken often enough then.

LOL, pay no heed to my post, I was trolling a bit, just for the sake of it.

Pollyanna
2955th Post

"Re(10): Chipmunk girl is out" , posted Thu 5 Aug 03:24post reply

I was ready to buy lots of colors and announcer voices, but the price is just too high. $8 for a new character in an Arc System game is worth it, because the chances are, they'll be interesting, and I'll be playing them for hours and hours. But those announcer voices...will people really pay that much? Lower-priced, more character-specific color downloads would be nice too. (I had to get pack 2 for Dizzy Mu, though.)

quote:

I was really scratching my head when you said "golf game", but I think I get it now...hahaha. Her Drive attacks have to be timed very carefully...their strength goes up, then down on a little gauge, like you would see for your swing in a golf game. The catch is, it's really fast. Like, 1-1/2 second, I guess...and they seem to differ a bit between attacks. It's not especially easy to get them consistently and online probably isn't going to help with that.

She has a lot going on, with 3 variations on her "dash forward" attack and about 8 options once you do it. Being able to decide which is the best for any given situation at a moment's notice is going to be difficult.

I'm in for a lot of losses, but I'd really like to get good with her. I just hope I don't lose my patience with the sea of Ragnas online. It's so easy to be dangerous with him. In fact, even though I've only used him a handful of times, I would say he's one of my best characters. Same goes for Bang. Oh well, I've still got Litchi.

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

Evenor
728th Post

"Re(2):Re(10): Chipmunk girl is out" , posted Fri 6 Aug 00:40post reply

I am so overwhelmed with this game! Don't get me wrong I am really enjoying CS. It's just that all the characters I used to be good at (Rachel and to a certain extent Arakune) play so differently. At the same time I want to invest all my time in learning to play the new characters and I STILL haven't even unlocked Mu. Its GGXXAC+ for me .I am not a fan of Makotos design but I got pretty far in her challenges right from the beginning. I can already see myself getting really annoyed with her super.

If any of you guys get on PSN and want to play with others please feel free to send an invite!

karasu99
404th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(3):Re(10): Chipmunk girl is out" , posted Fri 6 Aug 09:12post reply

quote:

If any of you guys get on PSN and want to play with others please feel free to send an invite!

What's your PSN name? I'll add you.

I'm getting excited in general about playing against some of the folks here, so I will almost certainly be on this weekend.

I agree, which I don't love Makoto's design, I find her to be almost completely different from the rest of the cast (a good thing!) and she even reminds me a little bit of some of the faster cast members of Guilty Gear.

Hopefully they will be able to keep up the good work with the other DLC characters.

Oh, and I've enjoyed Mu as well-- I unlocked her, finally, this morning.

Grave
1341th Post

"Re(4):Re(10): Chipmunk girl is out" , posted Fri 6 Aug 12:31post reply

The endless streams of boring Ragnas and Hazamas make me want to close off all of our rooms to randoms but I'm loving this game, and yes, totally loving Makoto. She's so much fun to play! I find myself turning on the game for 5-10 minutes of combo practice with her when I know I don't have time to sit here. I find myself browsing Dustloop threads about her during my breaks even. When I install Flash on my phone I'll probably be watching nico videos of her next. I AM DISEASED. I expect I'll be playing her a lot in the weeks to come but there's so much of the cast I also want to spend time with so yes, super overwhelming! It's too bad this game happened to come out the week I broke my long string of underemployment. Oh well...

And yes, re: voice packs, they are horrible. I listened to some YouTube videos of them and was appalled. Tao sounds half asleep. If she did it in character I would have bought it. Better yet, if it was English Tao! But I do like buying the colors because they're fun and I like giving Aksys money because they make me happy.

Evenor
730th Post

PSN: missantroop

"Re(5):Re(10): Chipmunk girl is out" , posted Tue 10 Aug 03:47post reply

A little bird said that his drive is called "Lycanthropy". It's an obvious choice to draw in Twilight fans.

mbisonhatclub
196th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(6):Re(10): Chipmunk girl is out" , posted Tue 10 Aug 04:20post reply

quote:
A little bird said that his drive is called "Lycanthropy". It's an obvious choice to draw in Twilight fans.

That "lycanthropy" was a gossip started by some other website that was sourceless. I kind of have doubts about that screenshot but I remember having doubts about the initial CvS1 demo screenshots, too

Pollyanna
2956th Post

"Re(7):Re(10): Chipmunk girl is out" , posted Tue 10 Aug 14:21post reply

quote:

That "lycanthropy" was a gossip started by some other website that was sourceless. I kind of have doubts about that screenshot but I remember having doubts about the initial CvS1 demo screenshots, too

Wait, are you saying you doubt the legitimacy of the screenshot he posted? It's from Famitsu. Check the rest of the gallery for pictures from the event. I wouldn't trust their review scores, but the screenshots are fine.

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

Nekros
299th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(7):Re(10): Chipmunk girl is out" , posted Tue 10 Aug 19:33post reply

quote:

I think it started because Valk is a lycanthrope.

Pollyanna
2957th Post

"Re(8):Re(10): Chipmunk girl is out" , posted Wed 11 Aug 02:20post reply

Quick note, if you can understand (at least a little) Japanese, you might enjoy the BlazBlue Web Radio program, featured here:
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/1280381344

It has cute little animations, any way around and Ragna's VA is way cooler than Ragna himself.

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

Grave
1342th Post

"Re(9):Re(10): Chipmunk girl is out" , posted Wed 11 Aug 06:14post reply

No work today or tomorrow, meaning I'm more than likely going to be playing tonight after I run some errands. And by playing I mean "losing constantly until I start to gain a little ground with Makoto." See you clowns on there!

Professor
2782th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Blazblue: CSII announced" , posted Thu 26 Aug 23:55:post reply

Arc System Works unveiled today that Blazblue: Continuum Shift II is currently in development for the arcades and will make its debut at the 48th AM(Jamma) Show, September 9 - 11. Valkenhayn will be a playable character. The game is slated for release this winter.

http://blazblue.jp/topics.html#topics133

My assumption is that the game will basically feature all the add-on characters for the console version, and probably the balance patch.

[this message was edited by Professor on Fri 27 Aug 00:01]

Megane
497th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):Blazblue: CSII announced" , posted Fri 27 Aug 11:05post reply

quote:
Arc System Works unveiled today that Blazblue: Continuum Shift II is currently in development for the arcades and will make its debut at the 48th AM(Jamma) Show, September 9 - 11. Valkenhayn will be a playable character. The game is slated for release this winter.

My assumption is that the game will basically feature all the add-on characters for the console version, and probably the balance patch.

Man, and I was planning to buy BB:CS already. Guess I'll have to wait again.

PSN:BlakeMaxwell3

mbisonhatclub
201th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(2):Blazblue: CSII announced" , posted Fri 27 Aug 11:37post reply

quote:

Man, and I was planning to buy BB:CS already. Guess I'll have to wait again.

Buy it anyway, because all the content that "BB:CS II" may receive is only going to be available as DLC anyway--the console versions of BBCS(I) are receiving that balance patch that BBCSII is going to be implementing.

Professor
2783th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(2):Blazblue: CSII announced" , posted Fri 27 Aug 22:36post reply

It's most likely just to be the same as the console version of Continuum Shift with all the patches. No reason to pull back on its purchase. Super Street Fighter 4 is seemingly taking the same form of market strategy as well.

Iggy
9166th Post

"Re(3):Blazblue: CSII announced" , posted Sat 28 Aug 00:37post reply

quote:
Super Street Fighter 4 is seemingly taking the same form of market strategy as well.

Speaking of which...
oh waoh.

Farewell, Alex, Rolento and Mika, I loved youuuuu...

Megane
498th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(4):Blazblue: CSII announced" , posted Sat 28 Aug 01:17post reply

quote:
Super Street Fighter 4 is seemingly taking the same form of market strategy as well.

Speaking of which...
oh waoh.

Yun and Yang!? Which means..... just Yun and Yang!?

I have never been disappointed by an announcement that would include my 3rd Strike main before. This is pretty confusing.

PSN:BlakeMaxwell3

Iggy
9167th Post

"Re(5):Blazblue: CSII announced" , posted Sat 28 Aug 01:53post reply

quote:
Yun and Yang!? Which means..... just Yun and Yang!?

I have never been disappointed by an announcement that would include my 3rd Strike main before. This is pretty confusing.

I wonder how the Geneijin will work. I wonder how Yun will work in such a juggle-poor environment. I wonder if the answer will be "as well as Makoto".
But I'm pretty sure having Feilong and Yang in the game destroys any chances Karin had to ever appear in the next updates.

Ishmael
3873th Post

"Re(6):Blazblue: CSII announced" , posted Sat 28 Aug 02:53:post reply

I like how the screaming about SF4 has shifted from claims that it was ignoring SF3 to claims that SF3 is over-represented. Still, I would be willing to bet dollars to doughnuts that Yun and Yang are not going to be the only new SF4 characters. After the beating Capcom took on LP2 they are going to be looking for more sure things -such as more SF- for the time being.

But what will Yun/Yang be like this time out? Will they be two new characters? Will they be head swaps like the first SF3? Will they be a team as in CvS2? Will they merge into a single character named "Yung?"

EDIT: The rumor mill now reports that the image might be the result of fun with photoshop. I guess we will find out soon enough.

[this message was edited by Ishmael on Sat 28 Aug 03:29]

Evenor
734th Post

"Re(4):Blazblue: CSII announced" , posted Sat 28 Aug 05:56post reply

quote:

Speaking of which...
oh waoh.

It could be Area! FINAL CANCEEEEEER

karasu99
422th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(5):Blazblue: CSII announced" , posted Sat 28 Aug 08:37post reply

quote:

It could be Area! FINAL CANCEEEEEER

Oho, thanks for bringing a smile to my face!

I'm glad this isn't a definitive answer just yet, since Yun and Yang are by far my least favorite members of the SF3 crowd.

mbisonhatclub
202th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(7):Blazblue: CSII announced" , posted Sat 28 Aug 08:43post reply

quote:
After the beating Capcom took on LP2 they are going to be looking for more sure things -such as more SF- for the time being.
Sad that, because LP2 is a much more enjoyable game than SSF4 when you have friends to play with.

Nekros
303th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(8):Blazblue: CSII announced" , posted Fri 10 Sep 17:25post reply

Yeah, Gallon gameplay!

httpww.youtube.com/watch?v=sdO-mHC5Ncs

mbisonhatclub
217th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(9):Blazblue: CSII announced" , posted Sat 9 Oct 20:04post reply

she showed up at the new loketest

Shin ATproof
1261th Post

"Re(10):Blazblue: CSII announced" , posted Sun 10 Oct 15:42post reply

From the reports, she is like a Faust-Zappa hybrid character and all of her move names are references from different Magical girl Animes...with her Astral looking like Nanoha's Starlight Breaker.

LOL

karasu99
446th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(2):Re(10):Gallonesque" , posted Mon 11 Oct 02:13post reply

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned that Valkenhayn is available (on the US PSN store at least). I happened to check for him while grabbing the Lord of Shadow (CURIOUS!) and Vanquish (EXCITED!) demos. Just downloaded him and about to give him a try.

Pollyanna
2968th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):Gallonesque" , posted Mon 11 Oct 05:18post reply

quote:
I'm surprised that no one has mentioned that Valkenhayn is available (on the US PSN store at least). I happened to check for him while grabbing the Lord of Shadow (CURIOUS!) and Vanquish (EXCITED!) demos. Just downloaded him and about to give him a try.

I love him! I didn't think I would, but all (or, most at least) of the characters are so fun and unique to play that I end up spending hours with them in training mode, whether I intend on using them or not. Going in and out of the wolf mode (switching 3 times in one combo!) is a lot of fun and really easy. I'm so glad you don't have to hold any buttons.

I haven't had time to take Valk online yet, and I doubt I will anytime soon thanks to my harrowing work schedule, but I wonder if this will turn into a another Guilty Gear situation for me, where every new character is my new favorite. I'm all Makoto and Mu now, with Valk likely to follow and Platina almost certainly to follow after that.

After the update, I may use Rachel again, though. She has to do too much keepaway for my tastes now.

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

Shin ATproof
1262th Post

"Re(4):Re(10):Gallonesque" , posted Mon 11 Oct 07:46post reply

Stick with Valkenhayn the Combat Butler if you play him. He is an incredibly solid character with probably the best rushdown in a game that is very defensive to begin with.

After seeing how well he was made, it makes me excited to see how Platinum turns out.

Sadly, I own the 360 version so I'm stuck having to wait until ASW and Microsoft iron out whatever network problem they are having with Valkenhayn before I can actually sit down and play him.

mbisonhatclub
218th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(3):Re(10):Gallonesque" , posted Mon 11 Oct 08:54post reply

quote:

Oh, I thought somebody here did, but I didn't because it seemed noone really cared

Also, Platinum footage (she was at the latest loketest)

Since you couldn't see her astral because the douchebag stood up in the way, it looks just like this

Evenor
742th Post

"Re(5):Re(10):Gallonesque" , posted Mon 11 Oct 10:41post reply

Valk is really fun to use but I can see a definite nerf when CSII comes out. He can dish out a ton of damage quick. It's so much fun to be at almost half screen distance and combo in his ranbu super from a standing . I am glad that Rachel is going back to her old self but I strangely got accustomed to her horrid CS incarnation. I would have been fine with how she is now if they gave her a damage boost (and made her pumpkin back to CT level).

Nekros
311th Post

Bronze Customer

"Hazama does moonwalk" , posted Tue 7 Dec 18:48post reply

Ok, finally got CS limited edition on pal version (unlucky to live in EU). It is very cool and all but that Unlimited Hazama boss is a pain in the ass.
I also noticed a Michael Jackson attitude in Hazama wearing his white suit....just joking.
But coming to Hazama and his gameplay I went out to a conclusion: it may be not an original character designed for BlazBlue.
Now listen: his ability and techniques involves fast and flexy movements, mix of dancing and martial arts and he also uses knives attached to chains that were summoned using portals. So we got certain moves with the body, the chains and teleportation/time-space manipulation ability.
Does it sound a bit like.... Raven from Guilty Gear?
In the novels Raven is depitched like a dancing teleport bastard that uses chains as weapons, altough in Overture is a bit different. But he Raven from the books is the firts effective time we see the character in action.
Raven didn't appeared as sprite in the GG franchise, but we don't know if there were project around him and his gameplay/moveset.
It's only a speculation I know, but could be Hazama a renewed concept of the original Raven?

Professor
2882th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(1):Hazama does moonwalk" , posted Thu 9 Dec 18:55:post reply

quote:

Does it sound a bit like.... Raven from Guilty Gear?
In the novels Raven is depitched like a dancing teleport bastard that uses chains as weapons, altough in Overture is a bit different. But he Raven from the books is the firts effective time we see the character in action.

It could be a possiblity since producer Mori was the head of development of the GG franchise after Slash from what I understand.

The Nesica system and BBCSII launched today. I was expecting Trinity to be like a Zappa but she's quite different and a pretty straightforward character compared to him. Endings in CSII seem to be the same as CS, except with an additional illustration with Mu-12 and Hazama at the end.

[this message was edited by Professor on Thu 9 Dec 19:00]

Toxico
5198th Post

PSN: Toxic-Baron

"Re(2):Hazama does moonwalk" , posted Thu 9 Dec 23:44post reply

quote:

The Nesica system and BBCSII launched today.

Does the erm, "machine" has many sightings already in the arcades; or didthe system properly bombed with it's current business model, as it was foretold??

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・
Update 23 as of 25/10/10 (Temporary mega upload link).

Last update : Chapter 21 as of 15/10/10

Professor
2883th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(3):Hazama does moonwalk" , posted Fri 10 Dec 02:17:post reply

quote:

The Nesica system and BBCSII launched today.

Does the erm, "machine" has many sightings already in the arcades; or didthe system properly bombed with it's current business model, as it was foretold??

As far as I know, most arcades that had BBCS on a Viewlix cabinet is replacing the game with the BBCSII+Nesica set, and some other places are replacing low-income games that were on their Viewlix with it as well. So no, I'd hardly call it a bombed project, at least in terms of its launch.

Unfortunate news for some fighting game fans is that this, together with SF4AE coming out soon, puts KOF13 in a tight position, given that its income is pretty low for a new title.

[this message was edited by Professor on Fri 10 Dec 02:33]

Nekros
314th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(1):Blazblue obligatory release thread" , posted Sat 11 Dec 18:57post reply

quote:
I am hoping that "The Hidden Truth" in story mode is that Blazblue actually takes place in the same universe as Guilty Gear in a sort of MOTW future time way just as it was rumored when BB was announced, disregarding all those IP problems and mix-ups ASW has with the GG franchise. Also, that Johnny is a secret character.

Need to clarify here.
I know that Sega has some righs for GG, and I know Daisuke and the gang have others (epecially main characters). But what is the actual rights situation?

mbisonhatclub
231th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(4):Hazama does moonwalk" , posted Sat 11 Dec 21:22post reply

quote:
Unfortunate news for some fighting game fans is that this, together with SF4AE coming out soon, puts KOF13 in a tight position, given that its income is pretty low for a new title.

This worries me about the prospects of them actually putting KOFXIII on console since it's the one fighting game I want to play next year, unlike the other titles--SSF2.5Alpha Edition, Boringness Promoter vs Half-assed 3, kind of iffed about the worse balance of BBCSII, I might bother with Arcana Heart 3, and I'm not the biggest fan of the Tekken series (but I'll still bother with it on occasion).

Since SNK can't really win a popularity vote over Street Fighter, they could stand to aim for a little more personality or color (other than black, see Ikari team) to compensate. One problem is that SNKP tries to present KOF at a too-literal level, so fun animations are really out of reach for them. I hardly ever see winposes in any of the videos, there's no special intro animations, and nobody does taunts because of the pace of the game--it's nice that KOFXIII is trying to be a straight-forward fighting game without too much BS, but it's doing too much of that, that each character will seem a little too plain or banal, or lacking in color--see Ikari team, or even Iori team. Changing color palettes at character select doesn't count. And thus, the game overall will seem a little too plain and unappealing, and it doesn't have the level of familiarity/popularity that Street Fighter does to help it out, except in Brazil and other Asian countries where they pirate stuff anyway.

Animated special intros are a lot better than text for character interactions, by the way

What I'm saying is, you need more than just better grafics--there's gotta be some cosmetic or presentation-wise appeal. Iori won fans over with his general posture and demeanor in KOF95, but it just doesn't show, lately.

Professor
2883th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(5):Hazama does moonwalk" , posted Sat 11 Dec 21:55post reply

quote:
This worries me about the prospects of them actually putting KOFXIII on console since it's the one fighting game I want to play next year, unlike the other titles--SSF2.5Alpha Edition, Boringness Promoter vs Half-assed 3, kind of iffed about the worse balance of BBCSII, I might bother with Arcana Heart 3, and I'm not the biggest fan of the Tekken series (but I'll still bother with it on occasion).

Since SNK can't really win a popularity vote over Street Fighter, they could stand to aim for a little more personality or color (other than black, see Ikari team) to compensate. One problem is that SNKP tries to present KOF at a too-literal level, so fun animations are really out of reach for them. I hardly ever see winposes in any of the videos, there's no special intro animations, and nobody does taunts because of the pace of the game--it's nice that KOFXIII is trying to be a straight-forward fighting game without too much BS, but it's doing too much of that, that each character will seem a little too plain or banal, or lacking in color--see Ikari team, or even Iori team. Changing color palettes at character select doesn't count. And thus, the game overall will seem a little too plain and unappealing, and it doesn't have the level of familiarity/popularity that Street Fighter doe

-- Message too long, Autoquote has been Snipped --

I don't think you have to worry about a console port, it's inevidable. Compitent netcode, I'm not too sure, but we can all hope.

Yes, the game lacks in additional animations. Even the taunts are mostly recycled animation from normal attacks or win poses. SNKP just doesn't seem to have the manpower to work on the extra animation. And I have no idea why they didn't make the taunts cancelable in 13. You're a total sitting duck until the motion finishes.

BBCSII, my personal opinion is that it's too early to make tier lists, but the game indeed seems a bit unbalanced. However, we can see that as a good thing since it gives us the first chance to see whether a publisher will make good use of the Nesica system and distribute patches for the game balance.

Toxico
5200th Post

"Re(2):Blazblue obligatory release thread" , posted Sat 11 Dec 23:01post reply

quote:

Need to clarify here.
.... But what is the actual rights situation?

Well, what I know is "complicated" enough so that Ishiwatari can't have freedom as a director with the titles, that and the fact that a game will happen if sega wants it to happen was enough for Ishiwatari to turn tail into his new incestual yaoi fantasy epic tale game; the rest is history.

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・

mbisonhatclub
232th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(3):Blazblue obligatory release thread" , posted Sun 12 Dec 01:26post reply

quote:

Need to clarify here.

Well, what I know is "complicated" enough so that Ishiwatari can't have freedom as a director with the titles, that and the fact that a game will happen if sega wants it to happen was enough for Ishiwatari to turn tail into his new incestual yaoi fantasy epic tale game; the rest is history.

If you're referring to Blazblue, that's Mori's, not Ishiwatari's

Nekros
316th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(4):Blazblue obligatory release thread" , posted Sun 12 Dec 02:00post reply

quote:

Need to clarify here.

I'm referring to Guilty Gear. Sega isn't involved in anything BB related.

Toxico
5202th Post

"Nesca live in action" , posted Sun 12 Dec 02:10:post reply

I realize that the name is not nesca live, but I don't care. The video is here. Here , a better and more versions should be available in nico.

quote:

I'm referring to Guilty Gear. Sega isn't involved in anything BB related.

Mori who? BTW, I got most of the info that I know in this article. You could find more details in more interviews both in eigo and nihongo, but I didn't saved any of the links for posterity (heck, I didn't even read them that carefully for what I remember).

..... To be honest this little "unbound lovers" development drama is much more interesting to me than the games or the person working on them,

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・

[this message was edited by Toxico on Sun 12 Dec 09:26]

Professor
2885th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(1):Nesca live in action" , posted Sun 12 Dec 10:08:post reply

As far as I can remember, Sammy sponsored the development of the Guily Gear X series, and so it became an IP of Sega Sammy after the two company's merger. There was an interview article from quite a while back where Ishiwatari talks in detail about how the arcade game came into development.

The legal status of IPs related to the franchise has never been publically clarified in detail, but from a general standpoint, it'd seem natural if Arc had rights to what was produced in the original Guilty Gear, but not to whatever was newly introduced afterwards in the arcade releases.

A similar thing happened with Dimp's Rumblefish series, except the opposite way around; it was comissioned by Sega and went into post-merger limbo after the company's marriage with Sammy.

On a different subject, it should be interesting to note that in terms of fighting games, Square Enix is currently the leading supporter of the arcade scene albiet indirectly. Who would have imagined that say a decade ago.

[this message was edited by Professor on Sun 12 Dec 10:55]

Nekros
317th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(2):Nesca live in action" , posted Mon 13 Dec 00:18post reply

quote:
As far as I can remember, Sammy sponsored the development of the Guily Gear X series, and so it became an IP of Sega Sammy after the two company's merger. There was an interview article from quite a while back where Ishiwatari talks in detail about how the arcade game came into development.

So, basically is all the material from Team NeoBlood, including the 3D game that was GG in origin.

kofoguz
877th Post

"Re(5):Hazama does moonwalk" , posted Mon 13 Dec 07:54post reply

quote:
Animated special intros are a lot better than text for character interactions, by the way

Its funny that you choose the two vids. IIRC that SNK was the inventor (and famous for) Animated special intros, and Capcom rarely does it. In these two Capcom game does a lot where the Snk game doesnt.
Ironic.

mbisonhatclub
236th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(6):Hazama does moonwalk" , posted Sat 18 Dec 07:23post reply

quote:
Its funny that you choose the two vids. IIRC that SNK was the inventor (and famous for) Animated special intros, and Capcom rarely does it. In these two Capcom game does a lot where the Snk game doesnt.
Ironic.

How the tables have sort of turned, then!

Arcsys does it best as far as I'm concerned, they're more active most of the time than just sitting there and posing with a few words

Litchi is actually fun again

End of Spoiler

Pollyanna
2974th Post

"Re(7):Hazama does moonwalk" , posted Mon 20 Dec 22:39post reply

quote:
Litchi is actually fun again

You know, when you called KOFXIII boring, I was going to say "Almost as boring as watching Litchi in CS!" I would be eating those words right now, but instead, I'm only eating the sentiment!

It's quite lovely how you can improve a character by making them weaker sometimes! I'm delighting in seeing more creativity and bigger non-staff combos.

It looks like I'm going to have to completely re-learn Hazama as well. I'm so excited about the changes! It's like getting a new game, almost! Boo hoo to the people complaining because they can't use the same abusive tactics as before.

Kinda bummed that Platinum looks so boring, though. She sounded more interesting in theory.

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

Gojira
2678th Post

PSN: Gojira_X
XBL: Gojiraaa
Wii: 80085

"Re(8):Hazama does moonwalk" , posted Tue 21 Dec 01:33post reply

Is it a rule that the announcer must sound less and less enthusiastic with each iteration?

mbisonhatclub
239th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(8):Hazama does moonwalk" , posted Tue 21 Dec 04:26post reply

quote:
You know, when you called KOFXIII boring, I was going to say "Almost as boring as watching Litchi in CS!" I would be eating those words right now, but instead, I'm only eating the sentiment!
Touche, but I call KOFXIII boring when it's just frickin K`/Raiden/random support matches, like the videos Kusanagi-style was linking earlier

But watching that Nico ratio-based competition video made me so happy to see awesome Vice and awesome Kaphwan, and Chin showing Raiden a thing or two, and I would really love to see more ratio-based competition videos and not acho tier-hugging videos of the SAME SETS OF PEOPLE OVER AND OVER AND OVER

I imagine Platinum's only real gimmick is that she's a magical loli and that's what makes her appealing to the otaku who don't want to embarass themselves playing Arcana Heart 3 instead (which I'm still getting anyway)

Oddly enough, I hardly ever get to play against a competent Litchi online at the moment, the world is filled with Ragnas and Tagers, and I'm using Tsubaki still

I think the voice pack being used for BBCSII most videos is that of Taokaka's seiyuu which has been available on PSN for sometime, but I'm not sure

When you look at the changes from BBCT to BBCS then BBCS to BBCSII, you can really tell how big the changes are that Arcsys makes--I've never really noticed that in Guilty Gear until lately when Grave pointed that out to me, and playing a character in one game is almost like playing a completely different character in the sequels, save a couple exceptions. It's almost as amazing as when you first experienced Kyo in KOF96 after having gotten so used to his standardized moveset in 94 and 95. I do kinda wish for his punch combos to return, by the way, but this is for the KOF thread to discuss

Professor
2887th Post

MMCafe Owner

"DLC almost-half-off sale for Blazblue CS" , posted Wed 22 Dec 05:03:post reply

Download contents for Blazblue CS is going on sale starting yesterday until January 10 for the Xbox 360. They're half-off (or almost half-off for some stuff) so it's a good chance to pick up whatever seems good. The PS3 will also be getting a similar sale, January 6-25. Note that these are Japanese announcements so I don't know if the English side is getting the same deal.

[this message was edited by Professor on Wed 22 Dec 05:18]

Toxico
5211th Post

"Continium Shift II to console" , posted Wed 22 Dec 08:06:post reply

Predictably, a sad trend on gaming news is that a new, nice annoucment quickly becomes nothing more but more crap for the psp.

Tsk, Don't fuck with me

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・

[this message was edited by Toxico on Wed 22 Dec 08:07]

mbisonhatclub
240th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(1):Continium Shift II to console" , posted Wed 22 Dec 09:42post reply

quote:
Predictably, a sad trend on gaming news is that a new, nice annoucment quickly becomes nothing more but more crap for the psp.

Tsk, Don't fuck with me

At least it was an announcement, unlike Capcom who's trying to do unprofessional damage control on a "leak/rumor" thing either as a publicity stunt or a comment on their own stupidity

Or try to make things up like "Platinum is not unique, let's add in Shin Ragna instead" or "there is not enough RAM for Platinum" and then later make fun of their own excuse "haha we have competent programmers don't worry" Capcom you dickheads

Ishmael
3954th Post

"Re(2):Continium Shift II to console" , posted Wed 22 Dec 10:40post reply

quote:
At least it was an announcement, unlike Capcom who's trying to do unprofessional damage control on a "leak/rumor" thing either as a publicity stunt or a comment on their own stupidity

Or try to make things up like "Platinum is not unique, let's add in Shin Ragna instead" or "there is not enough RAM for Platinum" and then later make fun of their own excuse "haha we have competent programmers don't worry" Capcom you dickheads

Did Capcom dump you on prom night or something? Your post have become really compulsive lately which obscures whatever point it is you're actually trying to make.

mbisonhatclub
242th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(3):Continium Shift II to console" , posted Wed 22 Dec 10:53:post reply

Was it not in plain english(tm) or something?

EDIT

Since my last post was so cryptic, here it is in plain english.

Blazblue Continuum Shift II being on the PSP is better than the lack of announcement Capcom had at Jump Festa.

1) Claims of new reveals at Jump Festa!
2) No reveals made at Jump Festa supposedly as a response to leaks/rumors with remarks "you shouldn't listen to rumors/leaks"--True, we shouldn't just believe what we say, but who said they were our nanny?
3) Excuses of why characters can't be in MVC3 by CAPCOM only for them to later tell us "Oh, don't listen to that hogwash, that's not all true."
4) I'm poking fun at the situation in my own way
5) I totally forgot to add this in earlier: Megaman was brushed off because he wasn't "unique enough" and neither was Strider, apparently, but apparently (according to frame-ologists), Akuma is so unique that he must be thrown in MVC3! BRILLIANT

If I come off as needlessly vulgar, it's never really personal, I exaggerate my reactions all the time--but if you are mad because I insulted your fanboy company then all I have to say is sucksfest to you because I'm an equal opportunity destroyer

If you have any questions, complaints, concerns, come at me bro

DOUBLE EDIT

It seems I've been too hard on Capcom afterall. I just realized they've been working so hard. My apologies!

[this message was edited by mbisonhatclub on Wed 22 Dec 12:44]

Ishmael
3955th Post

"Re(4):Continium Shift II to console" , posted Thu 23 Dec 06:56post reply

Thanks for the clarification because I honestly didn't know what you were referencing in your previous post.

Professor
2901th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(5):Continium Shift II to console" , posted Mon 10 Jan 00:55:post reply

It's a bit old but I totally missed this.

Producer Mori and Ishiwatari does Idolmaster
Scroll to the middle of the page, click the thumbnail that's green on its right side.
Eh.. the fing. er...

Yes, that's former Capcom illustator Nishimura Kinu to the left.

And so, CS2 is hitting the Nintendo 3DS as well.

[Edit]
Female players only, random character select 2-on-2 tournament finals - Nico

[this message was edited by Professor on Mon 10 Jan 00:59]

sfried
613th Post

"Re(6):Continium Shift II to console" , posted Mon 10 Jan 02:51post reply

quote:

Yes, that's former Capcom illustator Nishimura Kinu to the left.

And so, CS2 is hitting the Nintendo 3DS as well.

I hope they also give it a StreetPass mode like what they're doing with SSFIV3DEd. Even Temco ripped this feature for their DOA 3DS game.

I thought the former Capcom illustrator went on to make Vanguard Princess or something? I must be misinformed.

Spoon
2085th Post

"Re(7):Continium Shift II to console" , posted Mon 10 Jan 03:39post reply

quote:

I thought the former Capcom illustrator went on to make Vanguard Princess or something? I must be misinformed.

It was a former Capcom illustrator, but a different one.

Professor
2931th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Handheld CSII bonuses" , posted Wed 2 Feb 06:11:post reply

First shipment bonus: 3DS release comes with a manga excerpted from Phase Zero(the novel), and the PSP comes with a drama CD of the same content.

So if you want to read the manga while listening to it, you'll need to buy both. Oh how sinister.

[this message was edited by Professor on Wed 2 Feb 06:12]