Garou MOTW on XBL - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1600 Views )

Hungrywolf
3156th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Garou MOTW on XBL" , posted Wed 1 Jul 05:47post reply

I didn't know much about this, but had heard some info that it was going to come to XBL. Logged onto my 360 last night and saw that it is available now. I have not yet downloaded it, but I will be downloading it at some point this week.

Also, I hear that KoF 2002 UM and 98 UM will be coming to XBL as well.

Replies:

badoor
73th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(1):Garou MOTW on XBL" , posted Wed 1 Jul 08:26post reply

quote:
I didn't know much about this, but had heard some info that it was going to come to XBL. Logged onto my 360 last night and saw that it is available now. I have not yet downloaded it, but I will be downloading it at some point this week.

I'll probably get MOTW but I heard that online play is bad and laggy (just like other SNK releases). I might keep using 2DF if I want to play online.

Gojira
2537th Post

"Re(1):Garou MOTW on XBL" , posted Wed 1 Jul 08:40post reply

Yes, MotW was released a week ago, and IIRC 98UM should be coming out any day now. Not sure about 2k2UM.

shipoopi

Red Falcon
6074th Post

"Re(2):Garou MOTW on XBL" , posted Wed 1 Jul 14:50post reply

quote:
Yes, MotW was released a week ago, and IIRC 98UM should be coming out any day now. Not sure about 2k2UM.

As usual, its netcode is terrible; it's unplayably laggy.

Best site EVER:Link Here

ONSLAUGHT
3821th Post

"Re(3):Garou MOTW on XBL" , posted Wed 1 Jul 14:53post reply

quote:

And for those who don't have a stick, the game is unplayable due to the crap (for fighters) 360 controller...

Maou
1696th Post

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(4):Garou MOTW on XBL" , posted Wed 1 Jul 22:55post reply

quote:
the game is most games are unplayable due to the crap (for fighters) 360 controller...

Indeed! This is the worst controller generation for controllers, ever. I also can't believe that even the previously barely-okay PS controller has such bad shoulder buttons, too.

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

Tai-Pan
362th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(1):Garou MOTW on XBL" , posted Wed 1 Jul 23:43post reply

quote:

I downloaded the game and realized that its almost 10 years old and then I cried

"Those who follow the path of a warrior must be ready to die in order to stand for one's convictions live for one's convictions die for one's convictions"

Phoenix
914th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(2):Garou MOTW on XBL" , posted Thu 2 Jul 13:43post reply

They should make it a requirement for all online fighters to use GGPO net codes... I haven't even tried it but I hear it's the best we got so far? Lag or not, I'll pick this game up to support SNKP.

Hungrywolf
3157th Post

"Re(2):Garou MOTW on XBL" , posted Thu 2 Jul 14:12post reply

I hate hearing that it's laggy. Oh well, I'll still get it to support SNK and because I don't really get my Dreamcast out anymore to play stuff, except on rare occasions.

Ishmael
3515th Post

"Re(3):Garou MOTW on XBL" , posted Thu 2 Jul 23:31post reply

quote:

How is the online support for 98UM? After hearing that the game shipped with hunks of untranslated text I'm hoping that there's some good point to the port.

Tai-Pan
364th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(4):Garou MOTW on XBL" , posted Fri 3 Jul 06:22post reply

quote:

How is the online support for 98UM? After hearing that the game shipped with hunks of untranslated text I'm hoping that there's some good point to the port.

It's terrible

"Those who follow the path of a warrior must be ready to die in order to stand for one's convictions live for one's convictions die for one's convictions"

Nekros
189th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(5):Garou MOTW on XBL" , posted Fri 10 Jul 06:00post reply

quote:

It's terrible

Unless you play with someone near to you.

The graphics of Garou is crap, how about the scanline options? My eyes bleed seeing those big, crispy pixels. It is possible to have this quality in 2009?

Maese
509th Post

New Red Carpet Member

""Choose your words wisely, fella"" , posted Sun 12 Jul 13:40post reply

quote:

The graphics of Garou is crap, how about the scanline options? My eyes bleed seeing those big, crispy pixels. It is possible to have this quality in 2009?

Pssst, be careful... There's certain rumor that if you say "scanlines" three times in a row on an Internet forum in front of the mirror, the soul of Recap will appear out of thin air and talk you to death.

Maou
1711th Post

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(1): "Choose your words wisely, fella"" , posted Sun 12 Jul 16:37:post reply

quote:
Pssst, be careful... There's certain rumor that if you say "scanlines" three times in a row on an Internet forum in front of the mirror, the soul of Recap will appear out of thin air and talk you to death.

ohgodwhathaveyoudone aaghg

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

[this message was edited by Maou on Sun 12 Jul 16:38]