random.txt - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (4968 Views )

Iggy
8873th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"random.txt" , posted Sat 18 Apr 00:21post reply

Marvelous is very sorry Oboro Muramasa is selling so well it's difficult to find in some region. We feel your pain, Marvelous, really.

The future of Virtual On

The next Shining Force will be an action RPG for the arcades.

SF4 for PC on the 1st of May
Have I said how much I loathe the game here?

The Wii Montion plus won't be compatible with older titles
Oh, Nintendo...
In other news, I can also post links in english.
See what the new weather has done to me? Damn you, London !!!!

Replies:

Oroch
1058th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(1):random.txt" , posted Sat 18 Apr 01:16post reply

quote:
Marvelous is very sorry Oboro Muramasa is selling so well it's difficult to find in some region. We feel your pain, Marvelous, really.

The future of Virtual On

Oh, Nintendo...
In other news, I can also post links in english.
See what the new weather has done to me? Damn you, London !!!!

how do you like the spotted dick and warm beer?

Mokona
471th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):random.txt" , posted Sat 18 Apr 01:37post reply

quote:
Oh, Nintendo...

I can't believe people actually thought it would be compatible with older games. You obviously need to rewrite code for that.

What has me stumped, however, is that RockBand 2 does not support SDHC cards. It's the same problem, really, but it annoys me more.

Blah!

Iggy
8874th Post

"Re(2):random.txt" , posted Sat 18 Apr 18:45post reply

quote:
how do you like the spotted dick and warm beer?

I tasted neither, I intend to stay on a strict diet of glowing hatred and obscure historical references.

Also, the Kusoge Of the Year 2009 is going to be tough : neither Sugocana PS2, Dodonpachi 360 nor Shinjuku no Ôkami (Ryû ga gotoku ga gotoku, ha !) were accepted.

Mozex
362th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(1):random.txt" , posted Sun 19 Apr 00:37post reply

quote:

And I will be waiting for the console port. What a magical world it must be where arcades still exist.

Be kind to goblins.

crazymike
1497th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(2):random.txt" , posted Sun 19 Apr 03:46post reply

Street Fighter 4 May 1st, woot, and i'm just about done getting my MAME cabinet ready.

asmodeal
15th Post

New Customer

"Re(2):random.txt" , posted Sun 19 Apr 05:04post reply

Crumbles and scones are worth eating.

– O douleur! ô douleur! Le Temps mange la vie
Et l'obscur Ennemi qui nous ronge le coeur
Du sang que nous perdons croît et se fortifie!

Iggy
8875th Post

"Re(3):random.txt" , posted Sun 19 Apr 06:44post reply

Zepy, I love you.

Spoon
1752th Post

Silver Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(3):random.txt" , posted Sun 19 Apr 07:29post reply

quote:

sugocana ps2 != kusoge

The Examu spin doctor who tried to sell us that line about how "casual players won't notice [all the crap about the port] anyway" has claimed victory.

Iggy
8877th Post

"Re(4):random.txt" , posted Mon 20 Apr 23:57:post reply

A work of art : Angry at the PS3.

「遅刻遅刻!」

[this message was edited by Iggy on Thu 23 Apr 18:29]

Iggy
8877th Post

"Re(5):random.txt" , posted Thu 23 Apr 18:30post reply

Too much Hi-def.

too much Low-def.

Ishmael
3462th Post

"Re(6):random.txt" , posted Sat 25 Apr 02:39post reply

quote:
Too much Hi-def.

I found this more amusing than I probably should have.

The trailer for what is sure to be the straight to DVD release of the year, Oneechanbara THE MOVIE VorteX, has been released. If I didn't have lousy taste I would have no taste whatsoever.

Maou
1634th Post

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(7):random.txt" , posted Sat 25 Apr 04:43post reply

quote:
Too much Hi-def.

I found this more amusing than I probably should have.

The trailer for what is sure to be the straight to DVD release of the year, Oneechanbara THE MOVIE VorteX, has been released. If I didn't have lousy taste I would have no taste whatsoever.

I haven't gotten to watch this yet as I'm currently writing from a bus, but making a b-movie of a b-game modeled a b-movie/pulp/pink movie has so so much potential. If Oneechanbara the Movie was anything like the remarkable "pinky violence" movies of the 60's-80's (or so), it would be a riot.

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

Ishmael
3464th Post

"Re(8):random.txt" , posted Sun 26 Apr 04:30post reply

quote:

I haven't gotten to watch this yet as I'm currently writing from a bus, but making a b-movie of a b-game modeled a b-movie/pulp/pink movie has so so much potential. If Oneechanbara the Movie was anything like the remarkable "pinky violence" movies of the 60's-80's (or so), it would be a riot.

Unfortunately, the original Oneechanbara movie was a bore. All the exploitative elements from the game should have made for a great movie but instead the film spent most of its time wandering around that same empty warehouse that all bad modern Japanese actiom movies seem to get stuck filming in. I'm not sure what the problem is, but the creators of the film didn't seem to realize that making a Oneechanbara movie was pretty much a free ticket to go nuts. I'm sure back in the day a director like Teruo Ishii could have taken this material and made something very tacky, garish and watchable out of it but the days of the "pinky violence" films have sadly passed. A modern director like Takashi Miike might have been able to use all the chunks that make up Oneechanbara to make a weird, tossed-off movie he could shoot between other projects but, oddly enough, he went off and did an adaptation of Yakuza/Ryu ga Gotoku instead.

Maou
1636th Post

"Re(9):random.txt" , posted Sun 26 Apr 04:42:post reply

quote:

Unfortunately, the original Oneechanbara movie was a bore. All the exploitative elements from the game should have made for a great movie but instead the film spent most of its time wandering around that same empty warehouse that all bad modern Japanese actiom movies seem to get stuck filming in. I'm not sure what the problem is, but the creators of the film didn't seem to realize that making a Oneechanbara movie was pretty much a free ticket to go nuts. I'm sure back in the day a director like Teruo Ishii could have taken this material and made something very tacky, garish and watchable out of it but the days of the "pinky violence" films have sadly passed. A modern director like Takashi Miike might have been able to use all the chunks that make up Oneechanbara to make a weird, tossed-off movie he could shoot between other projects but, oddly enough, he went off and did an adaptation of Yakuza/Ryu ga Gotoku instead.

Tsk, what a waste! Even a modern film like Wild Zero manages to have more fun with Guitar Wolf as zombie killing rocker heroes than this trailer appears to. If Guitar Wolf can pull katanas out of their guitars and cut zombie spaceships in two, you'd think Oneechanbara could have some the righteous samurai psychedelia of the 70's pink films (the sequel with the one with Ochou comes to mind...[edit: ah, it was Ishii's "Female Yakuza Tale"/Yasagure Anego Den]). I want to direct the next one.

[this message was edited by Maou on Sun 26 Apr 04:55]

nobinobita
508th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(10):random.txt" , posted Sun 26 Apr 05:26post reply

quote:

Tsk, what a waste! Even a modern film like Wild Zero manages to have more fun with Guitar Wolf as zombie killing rocker heroes than this trailer appears to. If Guitar Wolf can pull katanas out of their guitars and cut zombie spaceships in two, you'd think Oneechanbara could have some the righteous samurai psychedelia of the 70's pink films (the sequel with the one with Ochou comes to mind). I want to direct the next one.

It would be so incredibly awesome if someone could pull off the vibe of the pinky films in a game. I would love to see a gangster game along the lines of some of Seijin Suzuki's films. Is Sega's Yakuza series anything like that?

I was just discussing the influence of Japanese cinema on games with a friend of mine. We recently rediscovered Samurai Shodown and have fallen in love with it all over again because it does such a fantastic job of conveying the vibe of an old Chambara film.

The games (at least 1-4) make you feel like you're facing off to the death against your opponent. The music really sets the mood, and sometimes just recedes into lonely ambient noises. And the gameplay revolves around waiting for the opportune time to unleash quick, furious bursts of violence that result in the classic, beautiful, watery arterial spray. There are so many awesome touches that put you "in the moment" of a blood drenched saga like Zatoichi or Lady Snowblood. So good!

I'm not really expecting much of the Oneechanbara films though. I feel like trashy Cinema really took a nose dive the world over when people started switching from 35mm film to video (just look at what happened to Jess Franco!). There's a certain level of commitment and competence required to shoot and cut a passable movie on film that seems to be lacking in video (and HD Video) productions. But every now and then something great pops up, so there's always some hope.

Ishmael
3465th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):random.txt" , posted Tue 28 Apr 04:39post reply

quote:

Tsk, what a waste! Even a modern film like Wild Zero manages to have more fun with Guitar Wolf as zombie killing rocker heroes than this trailer appears to. If Guitar Wolf can pull katanas out of their guitars and cut zombie spaceships in two, you'd think Oneechanbara could have some the righteous samurai psychedelia of the 70's pink films (the sequel with the one with Ochou comes to mind). I want to direct the next one.

It would be so incredibly awesome if someone could pull off the vibe of the pinky films in a game. I would love to see a gangster game along the lines of some of Seijin Suzuki's films. Is Sega's Yakuza series anything like that?

For me, the closest I've found to Suzuki is the stuff that Grasshopper is doing in games like Killer 7. While Suzuki is more consistent and hardcore than Grasshopper is the company still manages to sometimes hit that same discordant tone that characterizes a lot of Suzuki's stuff. I'm looking forward to the localization of Flower, Sun and Rain not because I expect it to be good but because I expect it to be strange.

Although the Yakuza games aren't as out there as
Koroshi no rakuin/Branded to Kill it's certainly not playing it straight either. Whether Kazuma is dealing with a cursed videotape, fighting his way through Osaka castle in a battle that has to be seen to be believed or giving long speeches about what it means to be a man, Yakuza/Ryu ga Gotoku never comes close to being the thug simulator the subject matter suggests it could be. Nuts, now I want to play through Yakuza 2 again.

Getting back to films, you do bring up a good point that the introduction of videotape didn't create new avenues for film makers so much as make for lazy productions. It probably also doesn't help that all those B movie venues such as grindhouses and drive-in theaters vanished about the same time, meaning that there was no longer that constant demand for new product. Funny how outside influences like equipment and distribution often decide what gets made as anything else.

nobinobita
510th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(3):Re(10):random.txt" , posted Tue 28 Apr 08:41post reply

quote:

For me, the closest I've found to Suzuki is the stuff that Grasshopper is doing in games like Killer 7. While Suzuki is more consistent and hardcore than Grasshopper is the company still manages to sometimes hit that same discordant tone that characterizes a lot of Suzuki's stuff. I'm looking forward to the localization of Flower, Sun and Rain not because I expect it to be good but because I expect it to be strange.

I like Grasshoppers games. They have more of a Miike vibe to me, though Miike is surely channeling Suzuki, so that works out. I guess it's no longer hip to like Miike, but I don't care, cos I like at least 60% of his output, and when he succeeds, boy does he hit the mark!

BTW did you know that Suda 51 used to be an undertaker? And he has a blog on Nextgen where he hopes to introduce Americans to classic Japanese toys.

quote:

Although the Yakuza games aren't as out there as
Koroshi no rakuin/Branded to Kill it's certainly not playing it straight either. Whether Kazuma is dealing with a cursed videotape, fighting his way through Osaka castle in a battle that has to be seen to be believed or giving long speeches about what it means to be a man, Yakuza/Ryu ga Gotoku never comes close to being the thug simulator the subject matter suggests it could be. Nuts, now I want to play through Yakuza 2 again.

Dang, now I want to play the game too. If I come across it i'll make sure to pick it up.

quote:

Funny how outside influences like equipment and distribution often decide what gets made as anything else.

I think this is the case with current gen games as well. The hardware is so powerful that you can throw almost anything into an engine, get the machine to light it, put some particles and shadows and rim lighting and BAM, you get something that's pretty superficially impressive. It's raised the bar for overall cost and scope and assets required for game art.

And yet it's drastically lowered the bar for the actual art itself.

You can't fake a good looking 8bit or 16bit game. But you can sure go far with realistic rendering. With the right tools, you CAN polish a turd!

Iggy
8878th Post

"Re(4):Re(10):random.txt" , posted Tue 28 Apr 22:22post reply

New Gundam: Gundam UC (Unicorn).

From the novel of Harutoshi Furui. Back to the original continuity, set 3 years after the 1988 movie.

whitesword
1642th Post

"Re(5):Re(10):random.txt" , posted Tue 28 Apr 23:25post reply

quote:
New Gundam: Gundam UC (Unicorn).

From the novel of Harutoshi Furui. Back to the original continuity, set 3 years after the 1988 movie.

Would it have killed them to animate Crossbone instead?

PIRATES! SPACE! WHY NOT!?

But no, of course not, late U.C in no man's land. All future animated U.C Gundam works have to take before U.C 100, because otherwise it would be too...different, and we can't have that!

</exaggerated rant>

Burning Ranger
1603th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(6):Re(10):random.txt" , posted Tue 28 Apr 23:56post reply

No one is talking about Marvel vs Capcom 2's re-re-release for PS3 and X360?

"Captain America, you can't be in a fighting game! You're not even alive now."

Advanced Cybernetic Organism "Burning Ranger"

karasu99
120th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(6):Re(10):random.txt" , posted Wed 29 Apr 00:59post reply

quote:

Would it have killed them to animate Crossbone instead?

PIRATES! SPACE! WHY NOT!?

But no, of course not, late U.C in no man's land. All future animated U.C Gundam works have to take before U.C 100, because otherwise it would be too...different, and we can't have that!

</exaggerated rant>

I think one of the reasons why they won't animate Crossbone is because design-wise, the Gundam series' have moved beyond the aesthetic of Crossbone-era. Unless of course they were to completely redesign the whole thing from the ground up, which I for one would be a little nervous about. Honestly, I'm shocked that they've decided to revisit UC at all, really, but I won't complain.

As for Marvel vs Capcom 2, I'll almost certainly buy it, but I'll be interested to see if it's still as much fun for casual play for me as it used to be. I kindof doubt it though.

Spoon
1755th Post

"Re(7):Re(10):random.txt" , posted Wed 29 Apr 01:01post reply

quote:

As for Marvel vs Capcom 2, I'll almost certainly buy it, but I'll be interested to see if it's still as much fun for casual play for me as it used to be. I kindof doubt it though.

The fact that all characters will be unlocked from the beginning means that you no longer have to leave it on Training Mode for days on end to get points to unlock everybody!

This was probably a necessary feature to prevent 360 failure, nevermind simply making life easier for the players.

nobinobita
511th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(8):Re(10):random.txt" , posted Wed 29 Apr 01:07post reply

quote:

The fact that all characters will be unlocked from the beginning means that you no longer have to leave it on Training Mode for days on end to get points to unlock everybody!

That's good, I was afraid they'd make you buy the extra characters with real money. I hope the game does well enough to warrant a MVC3 with new sprites.

Digitalboy
591th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(9):Re(10):random.txt" , posted Wed 29 Apr 02:58post reply

HA!
quote:
I hope the game does well enough to warrant a MVC3 with new sprites.

I don't know how to live
But I've got alot of toys...

Gojira
2516th Post

"Re(10):Re(10):random.txt" , posted Wed 29 Apr 03:24post reply

So in the area of stuff you thought already happened but actually didn't, Capcom announces Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth. Spiffy English trailer included.

shipoopi

Ishmael
3467th Post

"Re(7):Re(10):random.txt" , posted Wed 29 Apr 03:27post reply

quote:
I like Grasshoppers games. They have more of a Miike vibe to me, though Miike is surely channeling Suzuki, so that works out. I guess it's no longer hip to like Miike, but I don't care, cos I like at least 60% of his output, and when he succeeds, boy does he hit the mark!

Even being a fan of only a percentage of Miike's work means that you dozens if not hundreds of hours worth of entertainment. One thing I've always admired about Miike is his willingness to pound through two or three projects a year. Now that's a work ethic I can admire and be sort of scared of.

quote:
No one is talking about Marvel vs Capcom 2's re-re-release for PS3 and X360?

I can't say I'm a fan of MvC2 but its success and continuing popularity fascinate me. This looks to be another chapter in the life of this unkillable game.

In other news, 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand may lose its title as the hipster novelty game of this generation with the news that Mr.T will fight giant Nazi machines in an upcoming game. If nothing else this game should provide more grist for the Hitler Getting Punched blog.

kofoguz
697th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(1):random.txt" , posted Wed 29 Apr 03:34post reply

First King of fighters Online screenshots.

Developed by Dragonfly and is for 2010.

[sigtag][/sigtag]

Just a Person
1296th Post

"Re(10):Re(10):random.txt" , posted Wed 29 Apr 05:06post reply

quote:
HA!I hope the game does well enough to warrant a MVC3 with new sprites.

Yeah, very unlikely. Not impossible, though: few people believed Capcom would ever release a Street Fighter IV, and look what happened.

But I don't think Capcom would do new sprites for a MVC3; they would most likely go the Tatsunoko vs. Capcom route and modelling characters in 3D. I also don't think it would have many characters in it as MVC2 did.

quote:

There would also be other problems, like... "Wolverine, your claws are covered in adamantium again" (they could keep 2 Wolverines, though, since he's everywhere in Marvel Universe); "Venom, you're not Venom anymore, someone else is"; "Psylocke, you're not supposed to be Asian anymore", and so on...

Things have definitely changed a lot in the Marvel Universe since MVC2.

I can be any person in the world... maybe I'm this person right in front of you... maybe I'm not.

Iggy
8879th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):Re(10):random.txt" , posted Wed 29 Apr 06:37post reply

quote:
"Psylocke, you're not supposed to be Asian anymore"

If someone want to provide an explanation on this, I would be much obliged.

Cain Highwind
798th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(2):Re(10):Re(10):random.txt" , posted Wed 29 Apr 06:37post reply

quote:
HA!I hope the game does well enough to warrant a MVC3 with new sprites.

Yeah, very unlikely. Not impossible, though: few people believed Capcom would ever release a Street Fighter IV, and look what happened.

But I don't think Capcom would do new sprites for a MVC3; they would most likely go the Tatsunoko vs. Capcom route and modelling characters in 3D. I also don't think it would have many characters in it as MVC2 did.

There would also be other problems, like... "Wolverine, your claws are covered in adamantium again" (they could keep 2 Wolverines, though, since he's everywhere in Marvel Universe); "Venom, you're not Venom anymore, someone else is"; "Psylocke, you're not supposed to be Asian anymore", and so on...

Things have definitely changed a lot in the Marvel Universe since MVC2.

One interesting thing I noticed, is that they still have the original blocky yellow Marvel logo. For the PS2 and XBox ports they replaced it with their new Red and White logo.

For the record I kinda wish we could've gotten some kind of "Marvel Anthology". I don't think MvC2 is the End All Be All Fighting game people make it out to be, but it can be fun, and I love it that we're getting a definitive version. I thought it played great with the PS2 controller but hated everything else. And plus being able to add custom soundtracks is a godsend! I can't wait to mix in some KoF 2002 UM music into it.

Just a Person
1297th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):Re(10):random.txt" , posted Wed 29 Apr 07:03post reply

quote:

In case you're not from USA, the answer is kinda spoilerish (I'm not from USA either, but as a Psylocke addict I just couldn't avoid reading websites that revealed this information):

Spoiler (Highlight to view) -
In this month's Uncanny X-Men issue first issue, Uncanny X-Men #508, Psylocke was kidnapped by a group of villainesses (Spiral, Lady Deathstrike, Chimera, both of Jason Wyngarde's daughters and a redhead woman who claims to be Madelyne Pryor) who also stole the grave containing her original caucasian body, in which the girl who she exchanged bodies with died. Then they kinda did a voodoo thing that ended up with Psylocke's soul being transferred from the Asian body to her original British body.

(that makes one think about how bizarre her story is, doesn't it?)

It wasn't revealed yet if she will stay in this body or if she'll come back to the Asian body later, but come on, how stupid would be to swap her back to her original body just to reswap it one or two issues later?

End of Spoiler

I can be any person in the world... maybe I'm this person right in front of you... maybe I'm not.

kofoguz
698th Post

"Re(4):Re(10):Re(10):random.txt" , posted Wed 29 Apr 07:15post reply

Wow, no one really cared about KOF ONLINE?

[sigtag][/sigtag]

karasu99
121th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(5):Re(10):Re(10):random.txt" , posted Wed 29 Apr 08:44post reply

quote:

No, no, I did, just by the time I talked about other things I had forgotten to comment.

It looks... interesting, but since I can't read Japanese, I'm not sure how to interpret some of it. The one shot makes the characters look somewhat cel-shaded, which is interesting compared to KOF:MI, and other makes it look like it's a Powerstone-ish multiplayer. Or maybe it's just me.

Ishmael
3468th Post

"Re(6):Re(10):Re(10):random.txt" , posted Thu 30 Apr 00:21post reply

Isn't this the second or third attempt at an online KoF? I seem to remember a screenshot from several years back that featured a crowd of Ioris milling around Southtown.

TrickyNishidake
25th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(4):Re(10):Re(10):random.txt" , posted Thu 30 Apr 01:48post reply

quote:

In case you're not from USA, the answer is kinda spoilerish (I'm not from USA either, but as a Psylocke addict I just couldn't avoid reading websites that revealed this information):

I'm pretty sure she'll be in her Asian body again soon enough, I've seen solicits for later months with her on the cover with her Asian body.

End of Spoiler

Just a Person
1298th Post

"Re(5):Re(10):Re(10):random.txt" , posted Thu 30 Apr 02:20post reply

It's possible, TrickyNishidake, but...

...That girl in the solicit cover may be Revanche. Some people are speculating she may be revived in her original body in the end of this arc, even though she was never a relevant character in the X-universe - then again, the current X-writers seem to enjoy a lot writing obscure characters...

End of Spoiler

Gojira
2517th Post

"Broken SC4" , posted Thu 30 Apr 12:26post reply

So Soul Calibur: Broken Destiny is a PSP version of SC4 with a new single-player mode and a new character.

I wasn't going to say anything, until I saw the design for Don Pierre. How much better SC4 would have been with designs like this.

shipoopi

Ishmael
3470th Post

"Re(1):Broken SC4" , posted Thu 30 Apr 22:06post reply

quote:
So Soul Calibur: Broken Destiny is a PSP version of SC4 with a new single-player mode and a new character.

I wasn't going to say anything, until I saw the design for Don Pierre. How much better SC4 would have been with designs like this.

For years SC has limped along, often managing to stay alive only by abandoning its own identity. While it may still be around, the SC series can hardly hold its head high when a big chunk of the playable cast are characters like Yoda or Necrid. But Don Pierre is something else entirely. With his ridiculous striped onesie, Snidely Whiplash hat and moustache, and weapons that would make for difficult defense but would be great for slicing off his own fingers everything about him is great. Although I will probably never play this PSP game I welcome the addition of Don Pierre to the SC universe.

karasu99
122th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):Broken SC4" , posted Fri 1 May 02:11post reply

quote:
But Don Pierre is something else entirely. With his ridiculous striped onesie, Snidely Whiplash hat and moustache, and weapons that would make for difficult defense but would be great for slicing off his own fingers everything about him is great. Although I will probably never play this PSP game I welcome the addition of Don Pierre to the SC universe.

As I'm sure I've said before, every time a new SC iteration comes out, I swear to myself I'm not going to buy it. Then, somehow, after it arrives in the store, I awake from some 'missing time' and find myself in line at a store ready to buy it. And of course I almost always find it to be a disappointment. I think the last game I sort of enjoyed was SCII, but even then, it was a long way from SC for the Dreamcast, which is still about the best 3d fighter ever, as far as I'm concerned.

I saw that Tekken 6 will be coming to the PSP as well. I've been pretty unimpressed with Tekken the last few times as well.

Maou
1637th Post

"Re(3):Broken SC4" , posted Fri 1 May 02:35:post reply

quote:
But Don Pierre is something else entirely. With his ridiculous striped onesie, Snidely Whiplash hat and moustache, and weapons that would make for difficult defense but would be great for slicing off his own fingers everything about him is great. Although I will probably never play this PSP game I welcome the addition of Don Pierre to the SC universe.

As I'm sure I've said before, every time a new SC iteration comes out, I swear to myself I'm not going to buy it. Then, somehow, after it arrives in the store, I awake from some 'missing time' and find myself in line at a store ready to buy it. And of course I almost always find it to be a disappointment. I think the last game I sort of enjoyed was SCII, but even then, it was a long way from SC for the Dreamcast, which is still about the best 3d fighter ever, as far as I'm concerned.

I saw that Tekken 6 will be coming to the PSP as well. I've been pretty unimpressed with Tekken the last few times as well.

That about nails it for me. I continue playing new Soul Caliburs (except for 3, which of course is too terrible) just since I get tired of the same music and stages of the old ones. The visual design of 1 and 2 still makes them more appealing graphically, oddly enough. At least 4 is just barely playable, even if they seem to have forgotten that it's good to have "low" moves.

I remember when I was good at Tekken...3.

[this message was edited by Maou on Fri 1 May 02:37]

nobinobita
512th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(4):Broken SC4" , posted Fri 1 May 03:30post reply

quote:
The visual design of 1 and 2 still makes them more appealing graphically, oddly enough.

The newer games are too busy looking. The older ones are more appealing, with more distinct, iconic characters. With the newer games it's difficult to identify what culture each character comes from as they are all getting increasingly ornate and indistinct.

Still, from the standpoint of the story it kind of makes sense. The characters are getting older, more experienced as they travel the globe. You could say that their increasingly busy and fanciful accountrements reflect their globe trotting adventures (as well as the cross pollination of cultures going on at that point in history).

That wouldn't explain the pink lighting and overall cotton candy/neopolitan ice cream color scheme of the latest games though.

karasu99
123th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(5):Broken SC4" , posted Fri 1 May 04:08post reply

quote:
The visual design of 1 and 2 still makes them more appealing graphically, oddly enough.

The newer games are too busy looking. The older ones are more appealing, with more distinct, iconic characters. With the newer games it's difficult to identify what culture each character comes from as they are all getting increasingly ornate and indistinct.

That wouldn't explain the pink lighting and overall cotton candy/neopolitan ice cream color scheme of the latest games though.

This last comment sums up a lot of what I find wrong with the newer installments. Plus, with the ability to make your own character, and the addition of 'fluff' characters that are just model swaps in SC4, I've just given up. I think that Soul Calibur and Soul Edge/Blade both worked very hard at getting the atmosphere right, and later games have thrown that away, with (as you said) less culturally distinct characters like the the guy with the scythe and the girl with the big ring blade (sorry, don't even recall their names), who, while interesting, don't really feel like they belong in a game that tries to have some degree of historical feel. I would argue that characters like Voldo only seem 'correct' because of their weird, atmospheric backstory, and that the attempt has hardly been made, even with slightly more interesting newer folks like the umbrella-sword woman.

Plus, one of the things I loved about SC, the mission-based mode where weapons could be gained, has been watered down consistently in each subsequent game.

And little touches, like Mitsurugi's duel with the Tanegashima from the very first game, have been completely done away with in favor of needless fluff like breakable armor and Spawn.

I mean really. The music hasn't even been that great lately.

It's a shame, really, that so many great series' that started out in the mid 90's have fallen upon such hard times. But hasn't anyone else noticed the trend? Soul Calibur, Tekken, and even something like Resident Evil, which, while 5 isn't a bad game per se, is almost nothing like the first few games from the mid to late 90's. Of course Namdai likely doesn't care that people like me are instantly turned off by Yoda and Darth Vader when their ilk when their presence probably sells countless more copies of a mediocre game than they lose by alienating me.

Burning Ranger
1604th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(6):Re(10):Re(10):random.txt" , posted Fri 1 May 04:14post reply

quote:

No, no, I did, just by the time I talked about other things I had forgotten to comment.

It looks... interesting, but since I can't read Japanese, I'm not sure how to interpret some of it. The one shot makes the characters look somewhat cel-shaded, which is interesting compared to KOF:MI, and other makes it look like it's a Powerstone-ish multiplayer. Or maybe it's just me.

I saw the screenshots and thought it was, what, 1999 again? I mean, I remember hearing about this game YEARS ago.

As for SC4 on the PSP...don't really care. What I really wanted was SC4 at $9 at Best Buy, but they're sold out. :(. Is $20 a good price for this game new?

Advanced Cybernetic Organism "Burning Ranger"

Oroch
1060th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(7):Re(10):Re(10):random.txt" , posted Fri 1 May 09:40post reply

quote:

I saw the screenshots and thought it was, what, 1999 again? I mean, I remember hearing about this game YEARS ago.

As for SC4 on the PSP...don't really care. What I really wanted was SC4 at $9 at Best Buy, but they're sold out. :(. Is $20 a good price for this game new?

if youve got the ad, just take it/call gamecrazy/stop/Circuit City/Kmart/etc... and see if they'll price match

Iggy
8881th Post

"Re(8):Re(10):Re(10):random.txt" , posted Sat 2 May 18:00post reply

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/mystery/
NEW GAME

Hype done wrong. Watching the image makes me think of a GTA in the main city of FF7.

Digitalboy
593th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(9):Re(10):Re(10):random.txt" , posted Sat 2 May 21:14post reply

Judging from the JFK quote, it looks like you have to go around exterminating any homeless people and traveling hobos that passes through the city.
quote:
NEW GAME

Hype done wrong. Watching the image makes me think of a GTA in the main city of FF7.

I don't know how to live

Iggy
8882th Post

"Re(10):Re(10):Re(10):random.txt" , posted Sat 2 May 21:38post reply

The full image has some vantzers on it, so, yeah.
But someone said the next FM wouldn't be a tactical RPG, so who knows what we're gonna get.

Spoon
1756th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):Re(10):Re(10):random.txt" , posted Sun 3 May 01:22post reply

quote:
The full image has some vantzers on it, so, yeah.
But someone said the next FM wouldn't be a tactical RPG, so who knows what we're gonna get.

The next front mission game will be a war crimes tribunal game.

nobinobita
515th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(9):Re(10):Re(10):random.txt" , posted Sun 3 May 18:17:post reply

quote:
NEW GAME

I like it. The site at least. It's one of the coolest teasers I've seen.

The cityscape is much more interesting than your typical speed painting/photo edit future cityscape. And it sets a unique tone with the great sound design that indicates that extreme carnage is taking place while you are observing from a comfortably detached point of view. It's compelling.

[this message was edited by nobinobita on Sun 3 May 18:23]

kofoguz
699th Post

"Re(10):Re(10):Re(10):random.txt" , posted Sun 3 May 19:29post reply

This link talks about Heavy D., Lin Xiang Fei and two new female characters according to google translate
So the poster from CX says...

[sigtag][/sigtag]

Iggy
8883th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):Re(10):Re(10):random.txt" , posted Sun 3 May 21:22post reply

quote:
This link talks about Heavy D., Lin Xiang Fei and two new female characters according to google translate
So the poster from CX says...

It also talks about the 3 Orochi, Kasumi.... I don't speak Chinese, but I think it's safe to speculate that they are talking about "popular characters" that have a chance to appear or that people would want to see.

By the way, two "secret" characters have been confirmed for the PS360 port. Oh, my, I wonder who that will be.

karasu99
124th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):randomcreepy.txt" , posted Tue 5 May 00:17post reply

Some more images of new Gouketsuji Ichizoku, and boy are the new characters creepy as hell. Apparently we needed two more twin old ladies with (are here I'm being presumptive, I know) almost identical move sets, not to mention a strange doughy guy in a king outfit. Also, clearly, Noise Factory has decided we don't need any of the characters introduced in Matrimelee whatsoever.

Weird, usually with incremental updates like this they just throw in all of the characters from the previous game, just because.

nobinobita
516th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(4):randomcreepy.txt" , posted Tue 5 May 00:27post reply

quote:
Some more images of new Gouketsuji Ichizoku, and boy are the new characters creepy as hell. Apparently we needed two more twin old ladies with (are here I'm being presumptive, I know) almost identical move sets, not to mention a strange doughy guy in a king outfit. Also, clearly, Noise Factory has decided we don't need any of the characters introduced in Matrimelee whatsoever.

Alright! Magic Box is back! I couldn't access that site for the last month or so for some reason. Articles were still in the google cache, but no images. I'm glad to see the ol fixure back up.

New characters look interesting. I bet they're based on Yubaba and Zenaiba from Spirited Away.

Iggy
8885th Post

"Re(4):randomcreepy.txt" , posted Tue 5 May 02:51post reply

quote:
Apparently we needed two more twin old ladies

YES
quote:
we don't need any of the characters introduced in Matrimelee whatsoever.

YES

Finally, a good news.

karasu99
126th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(5):randomcreepy.txt" , posted Tue 5 May 04:07:post reply

quote:
we don't need any of the characters introduced in Matrimelee whatsoever.
YES

Finally, a good news.

Well yes. Tone does not translate well to my posts, sadly.

Those 5 from Matrimelee were waaay too generic for the Gouketsuji series, so I am glad to see them go as well. Nobinobita, I think the new grannies are meant to 'western' versions of the other set of grannies, with a kindof Eliabethan theme (check the art of their transformed selves to see further hints).

EDIT: I looked at some screenshots of Spirited Away, and yeah, TOTALLY copied. Or maybe just a mix of Oume/Otane and Miyazaki's grannies.

It's funny how in the last few of these games they have had a new character 'theme' that is replaced each time around. Although I guess Kintaro and Kanji stuck around after 2, so the theory only stands up so well.

[this message was edited by karasu99 on Tue 5 May 06:32]

nobinobita
519th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(6):randomcreepy.txt" , posted Tue 5 May 04:38:post reply

quote:

I think the new grannies are meant to 'western' versions of the other set of grannies, with a kindof Eliabethan theme (check the art of their transformed selves to see further hints).

I agree, I don't think they saw the Miyazaki movie and then thought "we need to do that!", I think it was more like they wanted some old Elizabethan looking grannies, then started designing them, then maybe were influenced by Miyazaki. I mean, both characters have the same hair, dress, color scheme, baba yaga face, use magic and have identical twins.

[this message was edited by nobinobita on Tue 5 May 04:51]

Ikari Loona
247th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(7):randomcreepy.txt" , posted Tue 5 May 18:36post reply

The prince guy seems to be the one from the Matrimelee endings...

I'm not that knowledgeable about the Goketsuji plot, but it's all supposed to be about family/clan issues, and maybe Matrimelee was about joining the mostly-Japanese Goketsuji clan with a european equivalent. If so, the new characters must be the european analogues.

"Beat the machine that works in your head!" - Guano Apes "Open Your Eyes"

karasu99
127th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(8):randomcreepy.txt" , posted Wed 6 May 00:37post reply

quote:
The prince guy seems to be the one from the Matrimelee endings...

I'm not that knowledgeable about the Goketsuji plot, but it's all supposed to be about family/clan issues, and maybe Matrimelee was about joining the mostly-Japanese Goketsuji clan with a european equivalent. If so, the new characters must be the european analogues.

Yeah, it;s all about deciding who will lead the clan, and like Dracula's periodic return in Castlevania, even though it's supposed to happen relatively rarely, somehow they find a way to have a tournament every few years with the same competitors.

I hadn't realized that Prince had been in Matrimelee's endings-- but then now that I think of it, I can't really recall any of the endings, so I think I'll have to break it out this weekend.

And yeah, I'm guessing that they are the European contingent, which is at least interesting, since the first few games somehow managed to have not a single European, despite having Americans, Chinese, Japanese, Native Americans, and even an Arabian guy. PLUS it looks like at least three of the new people get transformations!

Yeah, I'm excited about this one. The new designs are much Gouketsuji-esque (which is to say disturbing) than the ones from the last game.

Iggy
8898th Post

"Re(1):random.txt" , posted Fri 15 May 22:14post reply

Sounds like an April's Fool: The next Super Robot Taisen is called Super Robot Gakuen. Unfortunately, seems less reminnding of Tokimemo than Rockman EXE.

Sounds like a Christmas Present: 20CD Box for the 20th anniversary of Sa.Ga.
Bonus: Interview DVD and original painting of Kobayashi Tomomi.

Iggy
8900th Post

"Re(2):random.txt" , posted Sun 17 May 03:39post reply

I can't find words to express how happy this makes me feel.

Speaking of which, the Mayans were wrong. The end of the world will happen by the end of this year, and it won't be the solar rays or the LHC.

Behold.

Brigitte Fontaine is going to sing a duet with Grace Jones in the former's new album.

I'm not sure even cockroaches on the other side of the planet could survive such a conflagration of awesome.

Maese Spt
484th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(3):random.txt" , posted Sun 17 May 18:51post reply

quote:

Speaking of which, the Mayans were wrong. The end of the world will happen by the end of this year, and it won't be the solar rays or the LHC.

Wait, Grace Jones is still alive? What an amazing discovery.

Iggy
8904th Post

"Re(4):random.txt" , posted Wed 20 May 01:05post reply

quote:
Wait, Grace Jones is still alive? What an amazing discovery.

Not only that, she also has a pair of legs most women half her age can only dream of having.

nobinobita
530th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(3):random.txt" , posted Wed 20 May 01:21post reply

quote:

Behold.

Brigitte Fontaine is going to sing a duet with Grace Jones in the former's new album.

I'm not sure even cockroaches on the other side of the planet could survive such a conflagration of awesome.

Thanks for the links! The Grace Jones ones induced some serious time travel for me. For a minute, I felt like a little kid again, peering into the mysterious world of adulthood through her music!

Ishmael
3485th Post

"Re(4):random.txt" , posted Thu 21 May 03:24post reply

Jambo! Safari remake coming to the Wii and DS. This news signals that it might be time for me to buy a Wii.

badoor
69th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(5):random.txt" , posted Thu 21 May 05:11post reply

quote:
Jambo! Safari remake coming to the Wii and DS. This news signals that it might be time for me to buy a Wii.

I think that is a smart idea to port it on to the Wii, not sure about how they'll do it on DS though. I liked it when I played it on the arcade. I remember reading a long long time on some gaming magazine that Jumbo Safari was coming soon to the Dreamcast. Finally the wait is over.

I was hoping that after Sega did Outrun 2 and Virtual-On Oratorio Tangram they might do more back catalog stuff that isn't Sonic or Genisis/Mega Drive, games on the Saturn and on Arcades. There are many Sega arcade gems that could work well on console.

karasu99
146th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(6):random.txt" , posted Thu 21 May 06:26post reply

So I just got an Atlus email update that Demon's Souls is coming to the US in 'fall 2009'. Thankfully I've been too lazy to import it so far, despite the glowing reviews from several of the board luminaries here. I guess that qualifies as news, right?

whitesword
1644th Post

"Re(7):random.txt" , posted Thu 21 May 07:24post reply

quote:
So I just got an Atlus email update that Demon's Souls is coming to the US in 'fall 2009'. Thankfully I've been too lazy to import it so far, despite the glowing reviews from several of the board luminaries here. I guess that qualifies as news, right?

My copy shipped literally today, so I am somewhat RAGING right now.

Iggy
8908th Post

"Re(8):random.txt" , posted Thu 21 May 07:31post reply

quote:

My copy shipped literally today, so I am somewhat RAGING right now.

I'm not sure you're missing much. The item descriptions are off, but the rest is fine. The script and all the dubbing (both natively English) are incredibly good for a Japanese game.

What is especially heart-warming is that it means the game will get a second youth this fall, when the first adopters would have deserted it.
The bad news being we will see more ill-mannered people invading the land.

karasu99
147th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(9):random.txt" , posted Thu 21 May 10:39post reply

quote:

The bad news being we will see more ill-mannered people invading the land.

Wasn't it here that someone discussed trying bowling on Playstation Home and having a stranger walk up to them and say "you suck"?

I'm not sure what it is that causes people to feel that they can behave this way-- perhaps it's the anonymity, or perhaps it's just that the perpetrators are 13 year olds-- but this is the primary reason why I hesitate to engage any of the online functionality of current generation games.

Ishmael
3488th Post

"Re(7):random.txt" , posted Fri 22 May 04:57:post reply

quote:

This is good news for lazy bums like me who haven't gotten around to importing the game. Now the question is will Demon's Souls retain its favorable cult status once it is avaliable in more parts of the world.

[this message was edited by Ishmael on Fri 22 May 04:58]

Iggy
8910th Post

"Re(8):random.txt" , posted Fri 22 May 05:24post reply

quote:
Now the question is will Demon's Souls retain its favorable cult status once it is avaliable in more parts of the world.

As long as you're not expecting more than it can deliver (a hard but fair game, a little bit clunky, with a great atmosphere and a very innovative online play), you should be fine.
People who think it's the 8th marvel of the world are going to be sorely disappointed, though.

Iggy
8912th Post

"New Bayonetta trailer" , posted Sun 24 May 00:58:post reply

I'm bored already.

Edit: My boredom make videos disappear!!! That's an interesting superpower.
But it's only temporary

[this message was edited by Iggy on Sun 24 May 06:42]

Mozex
369th Post

Silver Customer

"Games coming out this week" , posted Sun 24 May 12:25post reply

linky

Cross Edge looks like a light strategy game using Capcom and NIS characters? Just from browsing the screenshots it doesn't grab my attention the way I hoped it might.

Anything else worth talking about?

Be kind to goblins.

NARUTO
3703th Post

"Re(1):New Bayonetta trailer" , posted Sun 24 May 18:37post reply

quote:

Indeed! But I wouldn't be surprised if right now your boyfriend get somehow nervous... ^_^

Fortes fortuna juvat...

ONSLAUGHT
3803th Post

"Re(1):random.txt" , posted Mon 25 May 15:30post reply

quote:

Why?

Sensenic
1672th Post

"Re(2):random.txt" , posted Mon 25 May 18:09post reply

Manliness on WiiWare

貧乳神・・・

"Don't give me that crap about real life. There ain't no such animal."
-Felix Leiter-

Ishmael
3488th Post

"Re(1):New Bayonetta trailer" , posted Tue 26 May 23:36post reply

quote:
I'm bored already.

But it's only temporary

Outside of the its amazing ability to vanish this Bayonetta trailer didn't really grab my attention. Between the vibraphone heavy soundtrack and the singular art design the previous video made Bayonetta look like it was really out there doing its own thing. This trailer, however, comes across as nothing more than a collection of action poses set to a much more generic action soundtrack. I'm still hoping the game leans more toward the earlier trailer. Although I don't know if the game itself will be any good it would at least have the distinction of being a direct vision of what the creators wanted and not be a title that looks like it was assembled by a commitee.

quote:
linky

Cross Edge looks like a light strategy game using Capcom and NIS characters? Just from browsing the screenshots it doesn't grab my attention the way I hoped it might.

Anything else worth talking about?

I doubt this game is anything special but I do like the idea that it somehow made it out of Japan. Most everything outside of Ikki Tousen can now swing an international release.

Ishmael
3490th Post

"Re(1):random.txt" , posted Thu 28 May 04:56post reply

Afrika coming to the US. Since I love dull nature games this is going to be a day one purchase for me.

sfried
366th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(2):random.txt" , posted Thu 28 May 13:56post reply

quote:
Afrika coming to the US. Since I love dull nature games this is going to be a day one purchase for me.

Do you have Endless Ocean/Forever Blue/Everblue yet?

Spoon
1764th Post

"Re(3):random.txt" , posted Thu 28 May 15:14post reply

How does Afrika compare to Hakuna Matata?

Which one will relax me better?

I find the notion of game developers competing with each other for a more meaningful and more relaxing experience funny... it's like some kind of massage parlor competition!

nobinobita
532th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(4):random.txt" , posted Thu 28 May 15:25post reply

quote:
How does Afrika compare to Hakuna Matata?

Which one will relax me better?

I find the notion of game developers competing with each other for a more meaningful and more relaxing experience funny... it's like some kind of massage parlor competition!

I am the serenest!

Ishmael
3492th Post

"Re(3):random.txt" , posted Fri 29 May 04:40post reply

quote:

Do you have Endless Ocean/Forever Blue/Everblue yet?

I'm not kidding when I say that I love Everblue 2 to death. Bobbing around for ages underwater in order to do nothing more than look at some fish or grab a rusty can or two that I can sell for thousands of dollars on land amuses me far more than it resonably should. I nearly picked up a Wii just for the chance to play Endless Ocean but I regained my senses just in time. But I'm just fooling myself since I know that if I don't buy the system soon I will have to get a Wii when Endless Ocean 2 is released.

sfried
368th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(4):random.txt" , posted Fri 29 May 06:14:post reply

Fragile: Farewell Ruins of the Moon US bound courtesy of XSEED.

Now we know why they let go of Murasama to Ignition.

[this message was edited by sfried on Fri 29 May 06:14]

Iggy
8915th Post

"Re(5):random.txt" , posted Tue 2 Jun 04:36post reply

http://bb.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/20090601_212049.html

Street Fighter Online will be unplugged in august. Where has it gone wrong?
When they showed that picture of Chunli with Zangief's arms, or Ryu with a dead fish on his head?

kofoguz
709th Post

"Re(2):random.txt" , posted Tue 2 Jun 11:38post reply

quote:

Why?

They need to make money as much as possible they can, before add two SF2 characters and sell it all over.

giggle giggle

End of Spoiler

[sigtag][/sigtag]

ONSLAUGHT
3806th Post

"Re(3):random.txt" , posted Tue 16 Jun 10:54post reply

quote:

Why?
They need to make money as much as possible they can, before add two SF2 characters and sell it all over.

And how is this different than any other franchise?

Maou
1683th Post

"Re(4):random.txt" , posted Tue 16 Jun 11:06:post reply

quote:

Why?

Boss Unlocked: ONSLAUGHT APPEARS

I bet kofoguz's making a nod to the endless updates of SF II in particular. It's hard at this point to remember just how comical it was or just how many jokes were made at Super Super Street Fighter II X Champtionship Edition Dash Turbo back in the nineties, before we actually got used to seeing things like "Street Fighter III" (?!), seeing the SF Zero series finish with only two real non-sequel updates (SFZero2 Dash and SFZero3 Upper), and, now, SF IV.

[this message was edited by Maou on Tue 16 Jun 11:09]

ONSLAUGHT
3807th Post

"Re(5):random.txt" , posted Tue 16 Jun 14:41post reply

quote:

Why?

Boss Unlocked: ONSLAUGHT APPEARS

I bet kofoguz's making a nod to the endless updates of SF II in particular. It's hard at this point to remember just how comical it was or just how many jokes were made at Super Super Street Fighter II X Champtionship Edition Dash Turbo back in the nineties, before we actually got used to seeing things like "Street Fighter III" (?!), seeing the SF Zero series finish with only two real non-sequel updates (SFZero2 Dash and SFZero3 Upper), and, now, SF IV.

Oh yeah, I know he's refering to that, but still, it doesn't answer my question. Why the hate for SF IV? specifically from Iggy.

Speaking of bosses, what happened to some of the most colorful characters on this board? Suuuuuuushingada bunny, Messatsuzan, Interlaced Recap (he called me clown once , that guy petitioning for blood in a Samurai Shodown game, etc?

Maou
1684th Post

"Re(6):random.txt" , posted Tue 16 Jun 15:01:post reply

Hazan: eternal soccer camp of the spotless mind
Recap: banned for scanline-related fistfights
SNK101025252Shingo: banned for insanity
Sushi: ??
Samurai blood: still here, posts in SNK threads
Other Bosses: Wonder where Fred is. Juan, JJJ, Rugal are rare of late and may be time-release characters. And I think Radish has been MIA for at least a year...

[this message was edited by Maou on Tue 16 Jun 15:03]

ONSLAUGHT
3808th Post

"Re(7):random.txt" , posted Tue 16 Jun 15:15post reply

quote:
Hazan: eternal soccer camp of the spotless mind
Recap: banned for scanline-related fistfights
SNK101025252Shingo: banned for insanity
Sushi: ??
Samurai blood: still here, posts in SNK threads
Other Bosses: Wonder where Fred is. Juan, JJJ, Rugal are rare of late and may be time-release characters. And I think Radish has been MIA for at least a year...

Ah yes, I remember now the soccer camp, I hope he's the next Ronaldinho.
Interlaced banned? how come? did you guys gangbang him? or was a mano a mano fight with someone else?
Neoshingo THE One1234567 banned? How? Why?

How many persons have been banned in the history of the board? Roger comes to mind, but he asked for it (quite literally), Tigresa (after her second post I guess), and now SHingo THE One345456 and Interlaced lover? who else? what about the people that banned themselves? I haven't seen a post by Dominus and Zerowing (he liked cats ) in years. Eric got exiled as well (not my fault, I swear), Dr. Orochi rarely posts and Rid is MIA. Am I forgetting someone else?

Maou
1685th Post

"Re(8):random.txt" , posted Tue 16 Jun 15:34:post reply

I think you were gone when Hazan actually reappeared to say hi like maybe a year ago, which was wild. I hope he suckerpunches David Beckham. Shingo's booting may have just been my imagination or wild hearsay, but by banning or his frenzied head exploding, he doesn't seem to post here anymore. For the sordid scanline explosion wherein Rugal mightily withstood the painful screeds for great justice, there's always this thread, though the actual fallout thread is happily deleted. Luckily, most people who find the now-secret Cafe tend to be easy to get along with. I think you've accounted for most others...Rid and Holiday seem to pop by to say hello sometimes.

[this message was edited by Maou on Tue 16 Jun 15:37]

Iggy
8927th Post

"Re(9):random.txt" , posted Wed 17 Jun 03:17post reply

About my hate for SF4: the game is too ugly. Aesthetically ugly. And it stinks of mothballs.

I have plenty of other reasons to loathe this game, but, as a friend pointed me out, it's been long since I haven't bought a fighting game to play it (and, more and more often, this can apply to all sorts of other games), so my point of view can't even pretend to be valid or interesting.

But man. This game is ugly.

Ishmael
3503th Post

"Re(9):random.txt" , posted Wed 17 Jun 03:34post reply

Now that I think about it I haven't seen Undead Fred around in awhile either. Between his appreciation of zombies and female breasts he always struck me as a fellow of impeccable taste.

Since we're taking a tour down memory lane here I figure I might as well take this opportunity to ask about an old thread discussing the animation in the Vampire games that nobinobita created. That discussion was great and I always hoped it would find a more permanent home on the internet. Did that critque ever get posted somewhere or did it disappear into the void that all message board posts eventually fall into?

kofoguz
712th Post

"Re(6):random.txt" , posted Wed 17 Jun 23:24post reply

quote:
Oh yeah, I know he's refering to that, but still, it doesn't answer my question. Why the hate for SF IV? specifically from Iggy.

Speaking of bosses, what happened to some of the most colorful characters on this board? Suuuuuuushingada bunny, Messatsuzan, Interlaced Recap (he called me clown once , that guy petitioning for blood in a Samurai Shodown game, etc?

I dont hate SFIV I hate updates. GG, SF franchises did it to death without any shame, Now SNK I'm afraid started to do that with KOF MIRA2,5 HitMeAgain edition. Also I dont like DLCharacters either.
But I hated they played so safe.

I played the game once (with my friend) I didnt really like the graphics style, but it doesnt bother me anymore. Even though I want a 2d Darkstalkers, It think this caricature(?) style fits DarkStalkers series better.
About gameplay I didnt get it quite well so I was playing it like "super then Ultra", "super then ultra". Also AI likes Ultra, too, so what I play was basically Ultrafest.

BTw I loved Abel. Very much.

About Cafe members I dont see exodus posting as well.

[sigtag][/sigtag]

Juan
4512th Post

"Re(7):random.txt" , posted Thu 18 Jun 10:36post reply

quote:
time-release characters.

I'm always on that corner. Breathing heavily.

In regards to SF4 it is a very enjoyable game. Yeah the style is "ugly," but often I rather see ugly and original rather than pretty and overdone.

The only things I can complain about is some of the retarded things that will never be patched. Like Boxer's godly jabs and Zangief's lariats (almost beat Rugal in a joke match using lariats only. I can barely win a match or two under regular conditions.)

Dr Orochi
535th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(8):random.txt" , posted Thu 18 Jun 11:33post reply

quote:
... Dr. Orochi rarely posts...

Worry not, I still live. I just lurk.

Maou
1685th Post

"Re(8):random.txt" , posted Thu 18 Jun 11:42post reply

quote:
time-release characters.

I'm always on that corner. Breathing heavily.

In regards to SF4 it is a very enjoyable game. Yeah the style is "ugly," but often I rather see ugly and original rather than pretty and overdone.

The only things I can complain about is some of the retarded things that will never be patched. Like Boxer's godly jabs and Zangief's lariats (almost beat Rugal in a joke match using lariats only. I can barely win a match or two under regular conditions.)

Excellent, summoned Juan for 10MP. Kofoguz's right, I did also mean to list Brandon in the MIA list. Damn his hide for leaving his wonderful Insert Credit to die. Er, I mean, I hope he comes back!

SFIV's okay...though I can't stand the lack of air blocking (I started the series in Zero and played backwards to Super, it's true!) and don't like the SFIII-style channeling of supers from sure-killing techniques.

Amakusa
799th Post

"Re(6):random.txt" , posted Thu 18 Jun 14:35post reply

quote:

Probably lost people with the server changes. I thought this site was toasted for months on end sometimes.

I found Kagami's sword in a junk yard.
I will rule the world and find that truly good cup of coffee.
"Dink-a-dink-a-dink-a-do."

Maou
1686th Post

"Re(7):random.txt" , posted Thu 18 Jun 15:00post reply

quote:

Probably lost people with the server changes. I thought this site was toasted for months on end sometimes.

No way, I think everyone made it through the storm, since there was an evac board right away. The evac board was actually a rennaisance for SNKShingo, for instance...I think some of the most brilliant bouts of psychosis were gloriously witnessed when someone registered as a clone of him and started talking back.

Digitalboy
600th Post

"Re(8):random.txt" , posted Thu 18 Jun 23:38post reply

You will read this post in Gilbert Gottfried's voice.

You know I never actually had a problem with Shingo The One. I always read his posts with some positivity and humor. I know that Iggy was annoyed by the fact that StO addressed him like a messiah. Constantly.
quote:

The evac board was actually a rennaisance for SNKShingo, for instance...I think some of the most brilliant bouts of psychosis were gloriously witnessed when someone registered as a clone of him and started talking back.

The best part was when Professor was amused by the clone's antics.

I don't know how to live

Toxico
4750th Post

"Re(10):random.txt" , posted Fri 19 Jun 05:16post reply

quote:

Since we're taking a tour down memory lane here I figure I might as well take this opportunity to ask about an old thread discussing the animation in the Vampire games that nobinobita created. That discussion was great and I always hoped it would find a more permanent home on the internet. Did that critque ever get posted somewhere or did it disappear into the void that all message board posts eventually fall into?

I do need to mention it, I feel like an evil video game librarian that holds a detailed record of things that people never care about; and the type of character that would only grant your request after collecting a stupidly huge amount of weird items.

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・
Last updated : 08/05/09 (99 personajes)

Iggy
8929th Post

"Re(9):random.txt" , posted Fri 19 Jun 05:42post reply

quote:
I know that Iggy was annoyed by the fact that StO addressed him like a messiah.

One year ago I think, I was at a party, and I was introduced to some guy. At some point, we started talking with some friends of the glory of the import-savy internet of days long gone, until the guy said "wait! You're Iggy? The Iggy of the MMC?".

The worst part of Internet fame is when it keeps following you years after you stopped saying anything interesting.

Toxico
4751th Post

"Re(10):random.txt" , posted Fri 19 Jun 06:30post reply

quote:

The worst part of Internet fame is when it keeps following you years after you stopped saying anything interesting.

You'll get used to it with time...

Or, you'll create an alternative, shy, boring internet personality that will be your disguise to the public; and will end up dead in after failing to lead a bank assault.

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・
Last updated : 08/05/09 (99 personajes)

kofoguz
714th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):random.txt" , posted Fri 19 Jun 07:33post reply

quote:
Or, you'll create an alternative, shy, boring internet personality that will be your disguise to the public; ...

How do you know I didnt?

[sigtag][/sigtag]

Digitalboy
601th Post

"Re(10):random.txt" , posted Fri 19 Jun 11:04post reply

So that is why we do not have anymore interesting tales from you.
quote:
One year ago I think, I was at a party, and I was introduced to some guy. At some point, we started talking with some friends of the glory of the import-savy internet of days long gone, until the guy said "wait! You're Iggy? The Iggy of the MMC?".

I don't know how to live

Amakusa
800th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):random.txt" , posted Fri 19 Jun 12:39post reply

quote:

Or, you'll create an alternative, shy, boring internet personality that will be your disguise to the public; and will end up dead in after failing to lead a bank assault.

It's a holdup at Starbucks.

I found Kagami's sword in a junk yard.
I will rule the world and find that truly good cup of coffee.
"Dink-a-dink-a-dink-a-do."

Ishmael
3504th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):random.txt" , posted Sat 20 Jun 04:47post reply

quote:
I do need to mention it, I feel like an evil video game librarian that holds a detailed record of things that people never care about; and the type of character that would only grant your request after collecting a stupidly huge amount of weird items.

Yes, the thread is still around but I was hoping for the discussion to have its own domain, an annotated bibliography, be subject to peer review and so on. If you're going to do something like that you might as well overdo it.

Maou
1688th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):nobinobi.text" , posted Sat 20 Jun 05:18post reply

quote:
Yes, the thread is still around but I was hoping for the discussion to have its own domain, an annotated bibliography, be subject to peer review and so on. If you're going to do something like that you might as well overdo it.

Agreed. If we could resurrect Brandon's corpse, we could try to make him host it at Insert Credit. I think that ToastyFrog would be best...nobi, consider submitting it there! They've already had one Third Strike appreciation article that revolves soley around Makoto's animation, so it ought to be well-received. Rogers' ActionButton might also work. I guess it could sort of go to Shoryuken.com but I don't think there's enough trash talk.

Ishmael
3506th Post

"Re(4):Re(10):nobinobi.text" , posted Mon 22 Jun 04:02post reply

quote:
Agreed. If we could resurrect Brandon's corpse, we could try to make him host it at Insert Credit. I think that ToastyFrog would be best...nobi, consider submitting it there! They've already had one Third Strike appreciation article that revolves soley around Makoto's animation, so it ought to be well-received. Rogers' ActionButton might also work. I guess it could sort of go to Shoryuken.com but I don't think there's enough trash talk.

Sadly, it appears that we have scared Nobinobita off. Considering that all we wanted was for him to do a huge amount of work for our personal amusement I can't imagine why he has been reluctant to respond.

nobinobita
543th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(5):Re(10):nobinobi.text" , posted Tue 23 Jun 10:24post reply

quote:

Sadly, it appears that we have scared Nobinobita off. Considering that all we wanted was for him to do a huge amount of work for our personal amusement I can't imagine why he has been reluctant to respond.

Holy Moly, it's terrifically flattering and encouraging to that you guys are still interested in that old post. I'll try to have it up somewhere permanent by this coming weekend.

It's very nice to be remembered!

Ishmael
3508th Post

"Re(6):Re(10):nobinobi.text" , posted Wed 24 Jun 09:41post reply

quote:
Holy Moly, it's terrifically flattering and encouraging to that you guys are still interested in that old post. I'll try to have it up somewhere permanent by this coming weekend.

It's very nice to be remembered!

While that's good of you to rise to the challenge don't feel the need to kill yourself over it. Rather, I think it's that a number of us appreciate the articulate insight you bring to the subjects of design and animation and would like to see those thoughts archived, that's all.

Digitalboy
603th Post

"Re(8):random.txt" , posted Thu 25 Jun 16:59post reply

Beto. What was his story?
quote:
Am I forgetting someone else?

I don't know how to live

NARUTO
3707th Post

"Re(9):random.txt" , posted Thu 25 Jun 17:47post reply

quote:
Beto. What was his story?

The Ledgendary awsomeness of Master poster...
Pretty sure that Iggy and Onslaught will have a thing or two about this...

Fortes fortuna juvat...

Digitalboy
604th Post

"Re(10):random.txt" , posted Thu 25 Jun 18:38post reply

Now I remember. This happened around the time SvC: Chaos came out in the arcades right?
quote:
The Legendary awsomeness of Master poster...
Pretty sure that Iggy and Onslaught will have a thing or two about this...

While we are bullshitting, I think I might have played against him Street Fighter IV online. Not sure if it was him.

Beto1129? And oh I fixed your misspelled word in my reply Nauto.

End of Spoiler

I don't know how to live

Pollyanna
2695th Post

"Re(1):random.txt" , posted Fri 26 Jun 09:56post reply

quote:

In other Marvelous news, I've been playing through Arc Rise Fantasia lately and I absolutely love it. I highlllllyyyy recommend it to (J)RPG fans. I won't say something ridiculous like "it's the best RPG ever", but it certainly has the best boss battles. I think if I took the best 5 boss fights from the best 5 RPGs I've played, 4 out of 5 fights in Arc Rise would beat them out.

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

Gojira
2536th Post

"Re(2):random.txt" , posted Fri 26 Jun 13:11post reply

Speaking of old friends

shipoopi