KoF2k2UM thread - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (11660 Views )

Gojira
2468th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"KoF2k2UM thread" , posted Thu 9 Oct 17:46:post reply

New thread so we can stop confusing it with XII.

Character select screen, courtesy of Cyberfanatix:

http://www.cyberfanatix.com/img/news/tgs2008/kof2002um/2.jpg

The four roulette slots will be bosses Krizalid, Zero, Rugal, and lovable Igniz. I imagine the other 10 characters will be ura versions, with orochi team already counting for 3.

So yes, no K9999. Nanashi will likely be his less sue-worthy replacement.

shipoopi

[this message was edited by Gojira on Thu 9 Oct 17:48]

Replies:

Yamazaki_RJ
9th Post

New Customer

"Re(1):KoF2k2UM thread" , posted Thu 9 Oct 20:36post reply

I totally dislike KOF 2k2, but what I like what I'm seeing so far...

K9999 ver.2 seems way better than the original.

Ishmael
3306th Post

"Re(1):KoF2k2UM thread" , posted Thu 9 Oct 22:23post reply

quote:

The four roulette slots will be bosses Krizalid, Zero, Rugal, and lovable Igniz. I imagine the other 10 characters will be ura versions, with orochi team already counting for 3.

I'm not sure the game needs any more ura characters considering it looks like there are already 3-4 versions of Kyo running around on the select screen. But if they don't go the alt. route I'm not sure how else SNK is going to fill out the roster since they already have a huge chunk of the KoF cast in the game already. Will the boss team show up?

emeraldazn
366th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(2):KoF2k2UM thread" , posted Thu 9 Oct 22:47post reply

I see May Lee, Foxy, Lin..oh heck yes

Toxico
4501th Post

"Re(3):KoF2k2UM thread" , posted Fri 10 Oct 01:34:post reply

SNK launched the official site with nothing but a huge confusing but cool Hiroaki pic. The site seems to be using Kula as K's rival (as it should always been, and this comes from someone that loathes her).

Makes me wonder if they are going to use K9999 as a bonus / suboss, or they are changing him and thus he is not ready yet or the big surprise will be he getting the boot

Edit: the new guy got K9999 move list some pics updated in here

As a personal note, as for EX character goes, Maxima ('99 / '02), Lin, Takuma, Bao and perhaps Chin are good enough to have 2 versions.... I'll wait to see if the EX characters are the same loot from '98 UM or there are also new ones.

悪魔の化身か地獄の使者か
リングで突然相手が消える!!

[this message was edited by Toxico on Fri 10 Oct 02:19]

Shindekudasai
296th Post

Copper Customer

"Nanashi is K9999" , posted Fri 10 Oct 01:41post reply

This just in, Nanashi is officially a re-sprite of K9999. His specials all have new animations and better range. Supers are still pretzel motions. Mutant arm unconfirmed, but probably changed to something new (wave of fire or something).

Kikkoken
1167th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(1):Nanashi is K9999" , posted Fri 10 Oct 02:40post reply

Shindekudasai has just reminded me that we have a chance to have Moe, Miu, Jun and Reiji in the game: "Moe? Miu? Jun? Reiji? (they were designed by Hiroaki during the NESTS years after all...)". I for one would absolutely love it. I don't fancy playing as bosses, and alternate versions bore me to death. And since the ambition of this game seems to be comprehensiveness, that would simply be the best option to my mind. Jun Kagami rocks!

Spoon
1637th Post

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(1):KoF2k2UM thread" , posted Fri 10 Oct 02:45post reply

quote:
I imagine the other 10 characters will be ura versions, with orochi team already counting for 3.

This is unfortunately highly reasonable.

I was hoping for the USA Sports Team to make it into 2k2, so that we could have awesome Brian custom combos.

Toxico
4616th Post

"Re(2):Nanashi is K9999" , posted Fri 10 Oct 02:50:post reply

quote:
"Moe? Miu? Jun? Reiji? (they were designed by Hiroaki during the NESTS years after all...)". Jun Kagami rocks!

(You missed Shinobu) I still have fond memories of Jun's DM where she does a "battle toad" type kick which sends you half screen flying.

If we compare this with '98UM, what characters are we missing? Well, currently:

Spoiler (Highlight to view) -

Sports team (already a cameos on the back ground)
Boss team (Geese who is likely to be hidden)
Chizuru (already a cameo on the back ground)
Orochi
Normal Rugal
Saishu
Eiji
Goenitz (who is likely to be hidden)

End of Spoiler

However, I can see Kikoken's suggestion having been put on hold, until NeoWave UM shows up and tries to include absolutely every character in the saga using mvs era sprites, even the Meira brothers

EDIT: More Famitsu pics about the new guy]
source

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・
Last updated : 06/01/09 (66 personajes)

[this message was edited by Toxico on Thu 8 Jan 23:05]

Evenor
670th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(3):Nanashi is K9999" , posted Fri 10 Oct 03:06post reply

quote:
"Moe? Miu? Jun? Reiji? (they were designed by Hiroaki during the NESTS years after all...)". Jun Kagami rocks!

(You missed Shinobu) I still have fond memories of Jun's DM where she does a "battle toad" type kick which sends you half screen flying.

Her standing animation alone is worth reviving her in this installment! Just imagine the possible interactions with her and Shermie! I never really liked man-chizuru Reiji but he is nowhere near the grotesque nature of Moe. I thought Miu was pretty neat but, like most of exclusive characters from the EX series, her moves were dull.

いつまでも残酷に腐るまで I LOVE YOU
何処までも卑猥に腐るまで I LOVE YOU

Shindekudasai
298th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(4):Nanashi is K9999" , posted Fri 10 Oct 03:58post reply

Guess I did forget about Shinobu. Good thing I asked :)

So 'Nameless' actually appears onscreen? That's .. boring. I quite liked Nanashi better ... probably because of Sword of the Stranger. ::shrug::

Well I'm super-psyched about 02UM. I thought the 98 update was nuts, but this is insane. Can't come out soon enough.

Pollyanna
2567th Post

"Re(5):Nanashi is K9999" , posted Fri 10 Oct 06:49post reply

Holy crap the artwork looks amazing. If this game doesn't have retarded loading time, between this, 12 (and my lingering love for 11), I won't be playing anything but KOF for years to come.

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

Toxico
4505th Post

"Re(6):Nanashi is K9999" , posted Fri 10 Oct 07:11post reply

quote:
Holy crap the artwork looks amazing. If this game doesn't have retarded loading time, between this, 12 (and my lingering love for 11), I won't be playing anything but KOF for years to come.

Considering that this seems to be made by the same team from '98UM I guess it is safe to say that the game won't have graphic slow down (which I thought was a HUGE improvement over the original 98) and the loading times won't be noticable.

They aren't adding something "heavy" to the game that would create slowdown or huge loadings.

悪魔の化身か地獄の使者か
リングで突然相手が消える!!

Evenor
671th Post

"Re(7):Nanashi is K9999" , posted Fri 10 Oct 07:36post reply

Intro

Here are some match videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtWtktIOGmc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rM93ANwJPlk

いつまでも残酷に腐るまで I LOVE YOU
何処までも卑猥に腐るまで I LOVE YOU

Pollyanna
2568th Post

"Re(7):Nanashi is K9999" , posted Fri 10 Oct 07:49post reply

quote:

They aren't adding something "heavy" to the game that would create slowdown or huge loadings.

No, that's true, but they have a bad history. I mean, it hasn't been BAD in a long time, but even like...NGBC is annoying in comparison to XI, which is lightning-fast.

Anyway...ARTWORK! Holy shit lots and lots of awesome artwork!!! The select and win pictures aren't even the same! WAHHHHHH!

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

Spoon
1639th Post

"Re(8):Nanashi is K9999" , posted Fri 10 Oct 08:07post reply

I find myself really disliking Angel's win portrait, in spite of liking everybody else's select screen portrait.

Shindekudasai
302th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(9):Nanashi is K9999" , posted Fri 10 Oct 09:13:post reply

Ooh! They gave Takuma back his energy blasts!
Lin has his 2000 intro instead of 2001.

[this message was edited by Shindekudasai on Fri 10 Oct 09:24]

Toxico
4506th Post

"Re(10):Nanashi is K9999" , posted Fri 10 Oct 09:27post reply

quote:

Lin has his 2000 intro instead of 2001.

Is quite the opposite, they took 2000 Lin (who doesn't animate like crap and was interesting to play) and added those weird spiderman attacks from 2k1

悪魔の化身か地獄の使者か
リングで突然相手が消える!!

Shindekudasai
303th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(2):Re(10):Nanashi is K9999" , posted Fri 10 Oct 09:30:post reply

Fair enough :D I never was much of a Lin player, that DDD+AC move got real old, real fast.

Yuri seems to have new voice samples, the Cho Abisegeri (Sakura spin kick ripoff move), and a super RaiOhKen which didn't look very impressive.

Nanashi looks awesome! All the familiar stabs and drills are there, and his specials look sweeeet, with very very red flames. I've also heard they fixed up his normals - d+D is a sweep, df+D is a slide. He's at the end of this vid. Right after that are sillouettes of the 10 remaining characters. One can definately make out a Zero or two in there, and what looks like Igniz (assuming they don't replace him with Goodman or anything). I'm convinced the one in the top right with the hakama is Geese.

[this message was edited by Shindekudasai on Fri 10 Oct 09:38]

Pollyanna
2569th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):Nanashi is K9999" , posted Fri 10 Oct 09:57post reply

quote:
Right after that are sillouettes of the 10 remaining characters. One can definately make out a Zero or two in there, and what looks like Igniz (assuming they don't replace him with Goodman or anything). I'm convinced the one in the top right with the hakama is Geese.

Far left has gotta be Syo. Pants and jacket match and so does the hair. A lot of those shadows are a complete mess, though.

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

Toxico
4508th Post

"10 shadows speculation" , posted Fri 10 Oct 10:41:post reply

quote:

Far left has gotta be Syo. Pants and jacket match and so does the hair. A lot of those shadows are a complete mess, though.

Actually, I think that that is the shadow for Kensou close standing C, so and EX kensou would do. Me sees a kyokugen user, but aside for Takuma in his 2000 ending no one throws the haoh sho kohken like that (hint hint). Also inside Ignis I see someone doing Krizalid's dive kick but you can't really make out what form he is in, Zero's cape upper is obvious but the rest is hard to make out. No one looks like Ron (boo hoo)

I'm startled by one of the huge shadows on the back, would they even made a zero cannon playable? Perhaps we'll get a "beat Mario Zero" bonus game?

EDIT: someone save me the snap shot editing work

I haven't been this pumped up about a game since strip pocker.

NEW EDIT: Kof Union going wild at it

悪魔の化身か地獄の使者か
リングで突然相手が消える!!

[this message was edited by Toxico on Fri 10 Oct 10:55]

kofoguz
634th Post

"Re(1):10 shadows speculation" , posted Fri 10 Oct 11:24post reply

quote:

I agree but Psycho soldier Kensou is also possible.

My guesses.

[sigtag][/sigtag]

Toxico
4509th Post

"Re(8):Nanashi is K9999" , posted Fri 10 Oct 11:47:post reply

quote:
Anyway...ARTWORK! Holy shit lots and lots of awesome artwork!!! The select and win pictures aren't even the same! WAHHHHHH!

There it seems to be even some extra Hiroaki art showing up outside the game (via pages and such).

edit <- new movie, where athena doesn't look rebalanced at all

New edit = impossible xDDD the weird guy is karate kenji

悪魔の化身か地獄の使者か
リングで突然相手が消える!!

[this message was edited by Toxico on Fri 10 Oct 15:53]

KMP
2th Post

New Customer

"Re(2):10 shadows speculation" , posted Fri 10 Oct 11:52post reply

quote:

My guesses.

Actually the guy sitting on the right is Geese doing Raising Storm.

Spoon
1640th Post

"Re(2):10 shadows speculation" , posted Fri 10 Oct 12:08post reply

quote:

My guesses.

The top left shadow (the one you marked as Rugal) makes me think of Eiji doing his multi-hit air kick thing.

Shindekudasai
303th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(3):10 shadows speculation" , posted Fri 10 Oct 14:25post reply

I'm pretty sure I saw Syo in one of the BGs. I'd check it out but I'm zonked from this amazing NA meeting I just came back from. Maybe in the A.M.

NARUTO
3683th Post

"Re(4):10 shadows speculation" , posted Fri 10 Oct 19:06post reply

Am I the only one to think that one of the shadow could be Long?? anyway, I'm really interested in this one...

Fortes fortuna juvat...

Toxico
4511th Post

"Re(9):Nanashi is K9999" , posted Fri 10 Oct 23:35:post reply

quote:
There it seems to be even some extra Hiroaki art showing up outside the game (via pages and such).

edit <- new movie, where athena doesn't look rebalanced at all

New edit = impossible xDDD the weird guy is karate kenji

In game art:

K'

Kyo

Nameless

color edit mode

one of the first pics, bigger

ditto

EDIT 1 : I don't think Miss X shows up in the pics, the outfit is too different.

Also, this is Kof union most serious "shadow guessing" game up to now.

Edit 2 : I also pray that nameless is a temporary name but I also don't want to end with something like K10101010

悪魔の化身か地獄の使者か
リングで突然相手が消える!!

[this message was edited by Toxico on Sat 11 Oct 01:04]

Just a Person
1238th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(10):Nanashi is K9999" , posted Fri 10 Oct 23:48post reply

One thing I don't get is: if Nanashi/Nameless is K9999, why renaming him? It's not like he's the first character ever to receive a massive makeover...

quote:
one of the first pics, bigger

...Is that Miss X in the background??

I can be any person in the world... maybe I'm this person right in front of you... maybe I'm not.

Shindekudasai
304th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(2):Re(10):Nanashi is K9999" , posted Sat 11 Oct 01:26post reply

No, but she looks similar. Since a bunch of these students appeared before in the Japan stages of '96 and '98, I wonder if this is maybe the infamous high school Kyo flunked out of? :D

As per the vid posted above, Iori regained the Saku Tsumagushi. This pleases me greatly.

Yamazaki_RJ
11th Post

New Customer

"Re(1):10 shadows speculation" , posted Sat 11 Oct 02:35post reply

quote:

Actually, I think that that is the shadow for Kensou close standing C, so and EX kensou would do. Me sees a kyokugen user, but aside for Takuma in his 2000 ending no one throws the haoh sho kohken like that (hint hint).

AoF Team KOF 2k ending pic.

I've put some photoshop help, and the sprite match almost perfectly.

Toxico
4511th Post

"Re(2):10 shadows speculation" , posted Sat 11 Oct 05:00post reply

quote:
AoF Team KOF 2k ending pic.

I've put some photoshop help, and the sprite match almost perfectly.

VGM does not allow hot links, in order to see the pic you have to link the image from another uploader like this

On a related note, youtube seems to be swarming with videos, however I won't be able to check how many of them have been already posted on this topic (the piece of crap that I use can't handle flash )

悪魔の化身か地獄の使者か
リングで突然相手が消える!!

Gojira
2469th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):Nanashi is K9999" , posted Sat 11 Oct 05:17post reply

quote:
No, but she looks similar. Since a bunch of these students appeared before in the Japan stages of '96 and '98, I wonder if this is maybe the infamous high school Kyo flunked out of? :D

I think some of those might be the Sendo kyoudai from KoF: Kyo? Though it's been a long time since I played the game and the internet has failed me in providing images of them.

shipoopi

Toxico
4513th Post

"Re(4):Re(10):Nanashi is K9999" , posted Sat 11 Oct 05:29:post reply

quote:
I think some of those might be the Sendo kyoudai from KoF: Kyo? Though it's been a long time since I played the game and the internet has failed me in providing images of them.

As per goji tan's wishes:

Syoti

Junko

Kyoji

Also, on the vids you can see on that school Jo from gan gan and his striker cronie who he used for his Desperation Move.

quote:
Athena has regained her Psycho Shoot
Yes, and Yashiro regained his cotton hand moves

悪魔の化身か地獄の使者か
リングで突然相手が消える!!

[this message was edited by Toxico on Sat 11 Oct 06:11]

Shindekudasai
309th Post

Bronze Customer

"More as it comes..." , posted Sat 11 Oct 05:51:post reply

Athena has regained her Psycho Shoot.

quote:
yashiro

Excellent! I've been looking out for those but hadn't seen them yet. I'd also like to see Orochi Yashiro regain his earth blast DM (or SDM!). It's cool to see everyone gaining back some of the things they didn't have in '02 to make this game more representative of the whole NESTS saga. And the few characters that directly slash seem to match up with the shadows ... it's easy to imagine EX charas such as chargie Robert, melee Kensou, more traditional Takuma/Mr. Karate

Also, I just came to a realization regarding the big blobby shadow up top. It's way to strange to be a single character, BUT WHAT IF IT WERE 3? Paste sillhouettes of Krizalid, Gorgon, and Ron on top of each other and that's the shape you'll get. I'm gonna hunt through some roms and see if I can put it together real quick.

[this message was edited by Shindekudasai on Sat 11 Oct 09:01]

Kikkoken
1172th Post

"Re(1):More as it comes..." , posted Sat 11 Oct 17:13:post reply

Does anybody know if Clark has regained his Gatling Attack ( + ) ?
The absence of this move, added to the fact that Clark is my main man, has always made me favour pre-KOF 2002 games over this one.

[this message was edited by Kikkoken on Sat 11 Oct 17:15]

Toxico
4514th Post

"Re(2):More as it comes..." , posted Sat 11 Oct 17:52post reply

quote:

Jaja, I'll explain some facts, and then I'll give you my answer.

1.- When watching a video, you can heard the sound effects from battles on other machines, not only the one that is being recorded.

2.- Clark doesn't do the move on any on the vids BUT within the sound effects from the other machines, I THINK you can heard it being performed by other players (and even being followed up by the napalm stretch), for example here, try paying attention right after 7 : 30

悪魔の化身か地獄の使者か
リングで突然相手が消える!!

Kikkoken
1172th Post

"Re(3):More as it comes..." , posted Sat 11 Oct 19:57post reply

quote:

Jaja, I'll explain some facts, and then I'll give you my answer.

1.- When watching a video, you can heard the sound effects from battles on other machines, not only the one that is being recorded.

2.- Clark doesn't do the move on any on the vids BUT within the sound effects from the other machines, I THINK you can heard it being performed by other players (and even being followed up by the napalm stretch), for example here, try paying attention right after 7 : 30

Wow, if what you say is right, then that's some nice detective work you've just done! Unfortunately, I cannot see it for myself as the video takes ages to download on my PC. Anyway, I have a blind faith in your expertise.

BTW, please stop calling me Jaja in public...

End of Spoiler

Toxico
4515th Post

"Re(4):More as it comes..." , posted Sun 12 Oct 02:56post reply

OT: I stumbled into this While searching for videos of the game.

Also, I'm kinda worried, at moment like these, the Professor or Iggy call a day in sick from their jobs, to present us with the latest news

quote:
kikoken

Jaja is "ha ha" on spanish, hence it wasn't intended as a pun, but you have earned yourself a new nick name

End of Spoiler

悪魔の化身か地獄の使者か
リングで突然相手が消える!!

Toxico
4517th Post

"Tch" , posted Mon 13 Oct 04:15:post reply

After the first day, it has been really hard to see more vids. I'll man hunt as much as I can, and I'll keep this topic updated.

Clark, Heidern, Shermie player

Iori

Mature x Yashiro

Maxi Tan, K' and the sadomazo top tier
It seems that K' and Maxima's voices got redone, too bad for K', 02 was the only game where he said things "almost" interesting, Dunno about Maxima, the guy did nothing but getting creamed.

Shingo, Lin, Jhun

EDIT:

7 secods Robert Hidden

quote:
I'm no Jhun expert so I don't know if this is new, or a glitch, or what, but it seems if you crossup with his air stomp kick the rebound lets you do it 3 times in a row, each on different sides.

That's an old school feature. For what it seems, Jhun is as broken as usual, and I find it funny that Hakase keeps improving Vice (like he did in 98UM), perhaps not realising that she is one of the game most bothersome to fight broken characters (unless you are Athena or Billy )

悪魔の化身か地獄の使者か
リングで突然相手が消える!!

[this message was edited by Toxico on Mon 13 Oct 06:26]

Evenor
673th Post

"Re(1):Tch" , posted Mon 13 Oct 04:53post reply

quote:

Iori

Mature x Yashiro

Vice's new HSDM is a counter!? This is awesome!

いつまでも残酷に腐るまで I LOVE YOU
何処までも卑猥に腐るまで I LOVE YOU

Shindekudasai
313th Post

Bronze Customer

"Vice,K', Mai, Whip, Kyo, Jhun, Mature changes" , posted Mon 13 Oct 04:57:post reply

Vice's former Max2 is now a 1-stock DM. She has a new Max2 which is either a counter or performed from block: screen flashes, she laughs, throws opponent to the other side and dashes over, screen fades to black and multiple bloody slashes appear.

You can execute SDMs outside of Max Mode for an additional stock (like '98UM).

K's Crimson Star Road looks quite a bit more badass now. Pretty much same animation but with better pacing.

HAHA! Mai has that awesome fan toss combo from Real Bout Special! That's a move I'd always wished they gave back to her. Dreams do come true ... sometimes just 6 years later :)

Whip has a new DM, a fullscreen whip stab.

Kyo has the 2-hit '99-style 182 Shiki.

I'm no Jhun expert so I don't know if this is new, or a glitch, or what, but it seems if you crossup with his air stomp kick the rebound lets you do it 3 times in a row, each on different sides.

Mature has her '96 Decide? I don't remember if it switched sides in that game, but here it sucks you in/stuns.

[this message was edited by Shindekudasai on Mon 13 Oct 06:44]

Nate
956th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(2):Tch" , posted Mon 13 Oct 05:07post reply

quote:
Vice's former Max2 is now a 1-stock DM. She has a new Max2 which is either a counter or performed from block: screen flashes, she laughs, throws opponent to the other side and dashes over, screen fades to black and multiple bloody slashes appear.

I'm surprised they're keeping HSDMs/Max2s. I hope they make them all useful this time around, especially considering how useless about half of them ended up being. I'm looking at you, Takuma and Seth. And half the cast.

ワンダフル! ビューティフル! エキサイティング!

Toxico
4518th Post

"Official trailer" , posted Mon 13 Oct 21:02:post reply

a9vg updated a thread with videos.

game watch updated with some pics, you can see more winning portrait at least (Ryuhaku shows on Kasumi's pic)

gpara also has some pics, but nothing that would make your heart beat faster

trailer here Lots of MAX2 moves, nameless seems to be an official name

Edit:

quote:
Is that Shermie's seiyuu talking during the footage?
It seems to be Yuri.

悪魔の化身か地獄の使者か
リングで突然相手が消える!!

[this message was edited by Toxico on Tue 14 Oct 03:41]

mbisonhatclub
112th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(4):Tch" , posted Tue 14 Oct 03:04post reply

quote:
a9vg updated a thread with videos.

Is that Shermie's seiyuu talking during the footage?

join the m.bison hat club today
i'm not just the president i'm also a client

Shindekudasai
314th Post

Bronze Customer

"Trailer analysis" , posted Tue 14 Oct 04:11:post reply

Sweet Baby Jesus in a basket with chips and fries.

Whip's new DM has multiple Boomerangs after the stab.

Billy has some kind of explosive juggle? and can follow with his flaming uppercut DM.

Mature's new (old?) Decide lets her do some vicious Max Mode combos.

Kasumi's Max2 has Todo (in his shadowed, "Unknown" 2000 striker form) appear and they do a double Cho KasaneAte.

Chris' Max2 is still the Orochi transformation, but now it freezes the screen so he can't be hit out of it, and if you 'catch' with it you can continue Chris' combo with Orochi Chris.

Kim's Zero-Range Phoenix Kick now has the Real Bout finisher!

Maxima's new Max2 has him rush the opponent, pin them back with several projectiles (missiles?), then fire Tung's Kamehameha out of his chest. (I personally really liked his old Max2, hope they keep that for an SDM Bunker Buster).

Bao's Max2 has him make a black hole in his palms that sucks in the opponent.

Yuri's is a Ryuko Ranbu!

Xiang-Fei's is a Real Bout super, I think, backflip -> explosion -> rising shoulder

Chang kicks the crap out of you while you're frozen. (wtf?)

Daimon now gets some pretty caligraphy before his ground-stomp blows you up.

Mary has ... the SDM M. Splash Rose? There's gotta be more to this one, probably finishing with a Typhon or something.

Also we have semi-clear pics of Krizalid, Ron, O. Zero, Igniz, and Rugal, followed by 6 more sillouettes. The first 3 sure seem to follow the Kensou, Robert, Takuma idea we've taken up, and you can definately make out Geese and Goenitz in the last 3. The one in the middle is hard to make out but he seems to be wearing a gi.

[this message was edited by Shindekudasai on Tue 14 Oct 04:14]

Nate
957th Post

"Re(1):Official trailer" , posted Tue 14 Oct 07:17post reply

quote:

trailer here Lots of MAX2 moves, nameless seems to be an official name

SNK REALLY needs to hire a new announcer guy for their trailers. This deep-voiced dude sounds like a buffoon and can't even get English right. He always sounds like he's speaking some sort of horrid engrish combination.

Amakusa
775th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(1):Trailer analysis" , posted Tue 14 Oct 07:28post reply

quote:

Also we have semi-clear pics of Krizalid, Ron, O. Zero, Igniz, and Rugal, followed by 6 more sillouettes. The first 3 sure seem to follow the Kensou, Robert, Takuma idea we've taken up, and you can definately make out Geese and Goenitz in the last 3. The one in the middle is hard to make out but he seems to be wearing a gi.

I never truly liked KOF 2K2, but this right here is the thing that got me most interested in where this is going. That, and K9999 in his new duds that I kind of wish they were remaking KOF 2K1 instead.

I found Kagami's sword in a junk yard.
I will rule the world and find that truly good cup of coffee.
"Dink-a-dink-a-dink-a-do."

kofoguz
635th Post

"Re(2):Trailer analysis" , posted Tue 14 Oct 08:38post reply

quote:

I never truly liked KOF 2K2, but this right here is the thing that got me most interested in where this is going. That, and K9999 in his new duds that I kind of wish they were remaking KOF 2K1 instead.

Yeah, me too. There's only one hope for the see real KOF01. KOF K', that would be the opportunity to show the real story.

[sigtag][/sigtag]

Iggy
8699th Post

"Re(1):KoF2k2UM thread" , posted Tue 14 Oct 09:03post reply

Thoughts ?

JAPAN
Kyô's 182 is like in 99. Kamukura is a 1 frame throw. Hikigane is like in 99 ?
Benimaru has is followup move that was abandoned in 96, and the raijin shoot.
Daimon's Max2 is now 63214×2 +BD
Jump CD deals wire damage when counter hit.

GARÔ
Terry has quick burn, power charge, hammer punch, power drive
Joe's Ôgon animation has changed, slash kick wires when counter hit.

AOF
Yuri has a new voice, and a new move where she screams "Slaaash!" (the one in the video)

IKARI
Leona has Grateful Dead.
Ralf's far C is faster, MAX2 is Umanori Galactica. When the opponent is in the air, follow-up with 236*2 PP and the Galactica goes off. It's an instant-kill if you hit on the right frame
Clark has the Gatling from 99. The MAX2 is a 1 frame throw.

AGENT
Vanessa's crouching C is uncancellable. Uppercut, Machinegun are slower.
Seth has his 4 air moves back, and some 2000 combos (like close 1hit>6B>6A>super)

PSYCHO
Athena has the Psycho Shoot

KIM
Choi's MAX2 attacks 4 times, and has him taunt after it.

WOMEN
Mai has the midare kachôôgi.
King's MAX2 is a rambu. The surprise Rose is a super.
Kasumi is helped by Unknown in her MAX2.

K'
K' has a new voice. Ein=>black out is back.
Maxima has a new MAX2 and an upper-angle vapor cannon.

YAGAMI
Iori seems unchanged.
Vice's Overkill is now a super, and she has a new MAX2.

TEACHER
Takuma's kôôken and Haô-- have new effects.
Heidern has a new voice. He seems like in 2001, except with classic "hold" moves instead of command. MAX2 is 236×2AC, makes him shoot some sort of projectiles.
Chin seems unchanged.

Billy's crouching C is slower, and forwardB downs.

OROCHI
Yashiro has the Missile Might Bach.
Shermie can close C→6B→command throw.
Chris gains more gauge and deals more damage. Better MAX2, as seen in video.

GIRLS
Xianfei's MAX2 : jump on the other line, then seems to rush like a homing missile.
Mei Lee : voices seems different. 神獣脚 is like in 01.

NESTS
Foxy has a new super. MAX2 is the Mitsubachi.

Kula's La Cachola is a normal super.

Angel's infinite has been neutered. The Royality is slower? She seems overall much slower.

CLONE
Kyô1's MAX2 looks like MI Kyô's Shin'i.
Kyô2 has a super lke what Kirishima was doing in 99EVO. MAX2 makes him grab=>pillar of flame, like Enja.
Kusanagi's MAX2 finish is Kirishima.

02UM
Lin looks like 2000.
Shingo's MAX2 is a Oreshiki Kamukura ? Grabs, hits a few times, checks in his note while the opponent is dizzy, then "Pikaaan!" and finishes.

EDIT
Nameless (K9999)
Almost all D moves seem new, but the slide remains. The close D is still an overhead. New useful 6B : JC>closeC>6B>6A
All special beside Kudakero! have new animations and effects. Generally seems much stronger. Faster jump that allows much better followups to JC.

GENERAL
When I say "new voice", it just means it has been re-recorded, not that it's a new VA.
You can MAX2 and MAX super without charging by using 3 gauges instead of 2.
While in MAX mode, the "hold" motions can all be done without holding.

The game seems does look like it is at 60%. Most new characters look like they have just been c&p there but not balanced at all, especially Foxy and Jhun. Some character have been significantly altered, others seem untouched (yet, I suppose).

Also and totally off topic : Roll in Tatsunoko is nothing like the Roll in MvC. She is just a character that fights with a broom. No Roll Buster.

Shindekudasai
315th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(2):KoF2k2UM thread" , posted Tue 14 Oct 09:37:post reply

Bravo, Iggy! You and Toxico have been spot on in keeping us updated. I should mention though that Kyo's Hikigane is indeed the 2000 version. I do need to ask about Terry's attacks though. When you say Quick Burn, do you mean his f,d,f+A special from Dominated Mind (which would be SWEET), or is it (more likely) his Power Shoot from '99?

[this message was edited by Shindekudasai on Tue 14 Oct 13:20]

Toxico
4519th Post

"Re(2):KoF2k2UM thread" , posted Tue 14 Oct 11:08:post reply

Few questions and pointers for the dog

quote:
Benimaru has is followup move that was abandoned in 96, and the raijin shoot.

I have never once before heard of this move

quote:

Yuri has a new voice, and a new move where she screams "Slaaash!" (the one in the video)

It seems to be taken after Ryu's mule Kick from SFIII

quote:

Iori seems unchanged.

He seems to have regained KoF '99 super

quote:

Kyô2 has a super lke what Kirishima was doing in 99EVO.

Which Syo? there it was light and dark type strikers , I hope he does de Bike attack

quote:

Kusanagi's MAX2 finish is Kirishima.

I don't know what is this
quote:

Maylee 神獣脚 is like 01

It's the over head super (ゴッズテイルティンカーベル)? so that means that it bounces out from the walls for free and cheap follow ups?

More :

Chang MAX2 goes "SA WARLDA!" and beats you up when time is freezed

Yama has a new CD animation (is a counter wire attack)

Yuri's MAX2 seems to be a new ranbu type combo

Mary her MAX2 seems to be new

Billy Sparrow drop seems to work differently, he has his RBS fire uppercut

K' got a new Ein trigger -> fire minute spike move

Ryo seems to have regained his Hcb + punch move from 2000

EDIT: spoon

quote:
I notice that this is only mentioned for Japan team. So it's not a universal change? Does this apply to everybody on Japan team?

It's only for Goro, this comes from 2001

quote:

Chris gains more gauge and deals more damage.

Just to be sure, because this change is listed under Orochi team: is this plain Chris or O.Chris?

Judging from the vids and the fact that normal Chris damage was crap, It seems to be only his normal version.

悪魔の化身か地獄の使者か
リングで突然相手が消える!!

[this message was edited by Toxico on Tue 14 Oct 11:32]

Spoon
1645th Post

"Re(2):KoF2k2UM thread" , posted Tue 14 Oct 11:12post reply

quote:

Jump CD deals wire damage when counter hit.

I notice that this is only mentioned for Japan team. So it's not a universal change? Does this apply to everybody on Japan team?

quote:

Chris gains more gauge and deals more damage.

Just to be sure, because this change is listed under Orochi team: is this plain Chris or O.Chris?

Spoon
1646th Post

"Re(3):KoF2k2UM thread" , posted Tue 14 Oct 15:55post reply

quote:

Chang MAX2 goes "SA WARLDA!" and beats you up when time is freezed

I was quite surprised when I saw this super in the trailer. Does he actually say that when he does the super? If he does, Chang will be on my team.

Toxico
4520th Post

"Re(4):KoF2k2UM thread" , posted Tue 14 Oct 23:39:post reply

quote:
I was quite surprised when I saw this super in the trailer. Does he actually say that when he does the super? If he does, Chang will be on my team.

Well, you can't tell from the trailer since they don't show you his entire MAX2 move, and even then, that part doesn't really have any sound... But I completely doubt they'll make something cool like that.

Also, I think that I didn't mention this before, but in the same way that evil ken was not an original character nameless seems to be the same.

pic here

悪魔の化身か地獄の使者か
リングで突然相手が消える!!

[this message was edited by Toxico on Tue 14 Oct 23:41]

Kikkoken
1173th Post

"Re(5):KoF2k2UM thread" , posted Wed 15 Oct 00:14post reply

quote:

in the same way that evil ken was not an original character

Are they starting a farting competition, or simply constipated?

Iggy
8700th Post

"Re(6):KoF2k2UM thread" , posted Wed 15 Oct 01:59post reply

Is it just me, or do I keep seeing people who look just like my father?

Toxico
4520th Post

"Re(2):KoF2k2UM thread" , posted Wed 15 Oct 11:24post reply

quote:
Thoughts ?

Me sees Advanced (coated) Krizalid, Han Zero, Kaioh Zero, Ignis and a Rugal that doesn't truly resemble Rugal.

Kensou, Robert, ????, Geese, ?????, Goenitz. the ???? are most likely Iggy dressed as Alessi

youtube new vid

悪魔の化身か地獄の使者か
リングで突然相手が消える!!

Evenor
674th Post

"Re(3):KoF2k2UM thread" , posted Wed 15 Oct 11:50post reply

I think this video hasn't been posted yet. Iori does some pretty cool stuff!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQ2eAqHM4IE

いつまでも残酷に腐るまで I LOVE YOU
何処までも卑猥に腐るまで I LOVE YOU

Toxico
4524th Post

"More vids" , posted Mon 20 Oct 04:32:post reply

quote:
I think this video hasn't been posted yet. Iori does some pretty cool stuff!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQ2eAqHM4IE

It was posted before

nico nico

tube 1

tube 2

tube 3

tube 4

tube 5

tube 6

tube 7

tube 8

Courtesy from Cyberfanatix (They also updated their KoF 12 vids)... I haven't checked which ones are repeated and which ones aren't, and will perhaps do so when my head stops spinning

悪魔の化身か地獄の使者か
リングで突然相手が消える!!

[this message was edited by Toxico on Mon 20 Oct 04:33]

Yamazaki_RJ
12th Post

New Customer

"More more vids" , posted Mon 20 Oct 20:25post reply

Those vids are from a brazilian's Orkut KOF 2k2 UM community, done by a guy named Daniel Kageyama:

Part 1

Part 2

Toxico
4525th Post

"And even More more vids" , posted Tue 21 Oct 02:49:post reply

youtube updated their lists yesterday. Unlike my previous posts, most of the vids are long.

here

here

here

here

here

and here

EDIT -> Fun facts:

- The Kyo / Iori intro shown here is different from the one in the trailer, they are using the intro from 2k1. However, they don't seem to be using the 2k1 voices samples (it was very bad quality :P), so that might means that they got their voices redone (like they usually do for every game) OR snk learned to properly re-sintetize.

- Bao seems to have gotten a new voice (yea, I know everybody cares)

悪魔の化身か地獄の使者か
リングで突然相手が消える!!

[this message was edited by Toxico on Tue 21 Oct 04:07]

Burning Ranger
1575th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"What the--?!?!" , posted Wed 22 Oct 06:15post reply

Where the heck have I been? All this time I thought this game was a romhack of KOF2002--I mean, that's what I thought when I saw the select screen.

So this game is a real SNK KOF game. Good to know. Still, this is out and we're sill waiting for KOF98UM to come out in the US...

quote:

Kim's Zero-Range Phoenix Kick now has the Real Bout finisher!

This was one of the best things from Real Bout Special. It was an actual dramatic DM.

Still, as I take in all this coverage for the game, I can't help but think "Why?" I mean, wouldn't it have been great to end the old 'era' of KOF with an Ultimate Dream Match, spanning all characters from all KOFs (incl. XI)?

Again, I'm waiting for KOF98UM to come out here in the US. Anyone have an idea when that's happening?

Advanced Cybernetic Organism "Burning Ranger"

Iggy
8706th Post

"Re(1):What the--?!?!" , posted Wed 22 Oct 07:40post reply

quote:
I can't help but think "Why?" I mean, wouldn't it have been great to end the old 'era' of KOF with an Ultimate Dream Match, spanning all characters from all KOFs (incl. XI)?

Because they need to wait until KOF XIII is delayed to make it.
But all in all, the aspect "the game we would have done if we hadn't been DEAD at the time" works for me. For that particular game. At least.

Spoon
1653th Post

"Re(1):What the--?!?!" , posted Thu 23 Oct 10:25post reply

quote:
Where the heck have I been? All this time I thought this game was a romhack of KOF2002--I mean, that's what I thought when I saw the select screen.

One of the hacked KOF 2k2s (I think it was KOF 2004 Special Edition, the one which has porno backgrounds and a title screen which looks like it's dripping in blood... no, I'm not making this up) has refilling super gauges and all kinds of goofy features. One of them that was kinda neat that I never quite figured out was a change to Clark's Flash Elbow: I don't know whether it's random or just frame, but it could launch the oppponent into the air for a juggle!

The more I think about that hack version of 2k2, the more curious I am to see if any ideas from it make it into 2k2 UM.

Ishmael
3321th Post

"Re(2):What the--?!?!" , posted Fri 24 Oct 01:12post reply

quote:

One of the hacked KOF 2k2s (I think it was KOF 2004 Special Edition, the one which has porno backgrounds and a title screen which looks like it's dripping in blood... no, I'm not making this up) has refilling super gauges and all kinds of goofy features. One of them that was kinda neat that I never quite figured out was a change to Clark's Flash Elbow: I don't know whether it's random or just frame, but it could launch the oppponent into the air for a juggle!

The more I think about that hack version of 2k2, the more curious I am to see if any ideas from it make it into 2k2 UM.

Is there a listing of all the arcade SNK hacks out there? At this point I would be willing to bet that there are double or maybe triple the number of SNK hacks out there as there are legit SNK games. Or at least I began to think that after I saw a cabinet that featured a SvC hack. Finding out that someone had hacked SvC, of all things, made me realize that the people who were creating these hacks were wild men who had no idea when to stop.

hikarutilmitt
471th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(3):What the--?!?!" , posted Fri 24 Oct 09:33post reply

quote:

Is there a listing of all the arcade SNK hacks out there? At this point I would be willing to bet that there are double or maybe triple the number of SNK hacks out there as there are legit SNK games. Or at least I began to think that after I saw a cabinet that featured a SvC hack. Finding out that someone had hacked SvC, of all things, made me realize that the people who were creating these hacks were wild men who had no idea when to stop.

Just digging up the MAME list should be enough, I think.

I think my favorite was Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon 2003, that one KoF2k1 hack with all the weird effects and color palettes and Igniz was a meteor or pizza or something. 15th Anniversary KoF or something like that was similar, where you could hit start to change the size of your character at will.

Spoon
1656th Post

"Re(4):What the--?!?!" , posted Fri 24 Oct 09:51post reply

quote:

I think my favorite was Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon 2003, that one KoF2k1 hack with all the weird effects and color palettes and Igniz was a meteor or pizza or something. 15th Anniversary KoF or something like that was similar, where you could hit start to change the size of your character at will.

I remember Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon 2k3 in the arcades here, and it was notable for its obsession with that toxin/poison color. Even Yuri's projectile had it!

Toxico
4525th Post

"Nameless profile up (nihongo)" , posted Fri 24 Oct 10:26post reply

At the official site.

I'm playing with the dictionary right now :P I can take hours (hint hint to Dr Jaja's friends).

悪魔の化身か地獄の使者か
リングで突然相手が消える!!

Maese Spt
448th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):Nameless profile up (nihongo)" , posted Fri 24 Oct 19:07post reply

quote:
At the official site.

I'm playing with the dictionary right now :P I can take hours (hint hint to Dr Jaja's friends).

Not that it actually says anything interesting... The guy's just your typical misterious character with unkwown age, birthplace, etc. Oh yeah, if I read correctly, he comes from some NEST laboratory or something, but everybody has probably guessed that much already looking at his attire. And he likes his custom glove. Woah.

Just a Person
1246th Post

"Re(2):Nameless profile up (nihongo)" , posted Fri 24 Oct 21:24post reply

quote:
At the official site.

Not that it actually says anything interesting... The guy's just your typical misterious character with unkwown age, birthplace, etc. Oh yeah, if I read correctly, he comes from some NEST laboratory or something, but everybody has probably guessed that much already looking at his attire. And he likes his custom glove. Woah.

Sorry, I'm confused. Isn't Nameless meant to be like a redesign of K9999, just to avoid all those Tetsuo comparisons? I know that in termos of looks and even gameplay-wise, he's very different from K9999, but I had understood that story-wise they would be the same person...

I can be any person in the world... maybe I'm this person right in front of you... maybe I'm not.

Olivier Hague
116th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):Nameless profile up (nihongo)" , posted Fri 24 Oct 23:03post reply

His official codemane is "Ж′" ("zhe prime"), and he comes from the Nests base on Deimos (no, really).

kofoguz
638th Post

"Re(4):Nameless profile up (nihongo)" , posted Sat 25 Oct 01:47post reply

quote:
His official codemane is "Ж′" ("zhe prime"), and he comes from the Nests base on Deimos (no, really).

Well we could call him "Zhe Prime" it sounds right.

[sigtag][/sigtag]

Toxico
4527th Post

"Re(4):Nameless profile up" , posted Sat 25 Oct 13:10:post reply

quote:

Beer, wine and work got in the way.

Real name : Nameles is just a code name, his true name is (as pointed out) Ж’ (zhe Prime ジェープライム)
Fighting style : Without (doesn't have)
Origin : none
Height : 168cm
Weight : 58kg
Blood type : B type (RH-)
Home : NESTS DEIMOS space base on mars
Hobby : nothing
Most importing belonging : His custom glove "Isolde"
Favourite food : Red glove (seedless grapes)
Doesn't like : Experiments
Strong sport : Once he gets ahold of the rules, he can be proficent in any individual indoor sport.

Notes: About the food, I suppose he "cooks" with his shape changing fire heather gloves
I wonder if the "indoor sport" means that he has a "hates open places" thing, or is my blunder at translating

Here is the original (again)

名前 ネームレス 正式なコードネームはЖ’(ジェープライム)
格闘スタイル なし
誕生日/年齢 不明/不明(肉体年齢は15~18歳くらい?)
身長/体重 168cm/58kg
血液型 B型(RH-)
3サイズ -
出身地 ネスツ火星基地ダイモス
趣味 なし
大切なもの カスタムグローブ「イゾルデ」
好きな食べ物 レッドグローブ(種なし葡萄)
嫌いなもの 実験
得意スポーツ ルールを知っている個人競技すべて

悪魔の化身か地獄の使者か
リングで突然相手が消える!!

[this message was edited by Toxico on Sat 25 Oct 14:26]

Shindekudasai
324th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(5):Nameless profile up" , posted Sat 25 Oct 14:33post reply

Finally, I can put my vast knowledge of produce to good use!...lessness. Red Globe is a variety of grape, although they are in fact seeded (as in, not seedless). A lot of my old customers said they preferred the flavor to Crimson or Flame, the most common seedless varieties in the US.

This post has been brought to you by the letter Ж, the number 9999, and the Publix produce department.

Burning Ranger
1578th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(6):Nameless profile up" , posted Sun 26 Oct 00:23post reply

quote:

This post has been brought to you by the letter Ж, the number 9999, and the Publix produce department.

The following is brought to you by the Garcia Concern and H-E-B:

Looks like KOF: The Orochi Saga is due out this week in the US, at least according to Amazon.com. SNKP USA still has KOF98UM on their future releases list too.

That is all...

Advanced Cybernetic Organism "Burning Ranger"

TreIII
154th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(7):Nameless profile up" , posted Mon 27 Oct 08:07post reply

Heh, liking the way this game is shaping up, so far.

Almost surprising that they seem to not be given this game an arcade run, too, but then again, I'm sure they don't want an older game beating out their new baby (XII) in the arcades.

Dokuganryu wa Date jya ne you see?

Toxico
4536th Post

"Site updated" , posted Fri 7 Nov 00:35:post reply

The site is here remember?

Profiles updated With Makishima's team, they seem to have added the group pic for the team, but not their profiles.. For the record, I don't know if it was there before but within Nameless profile you can see a large document detailing issues of the character.

movie updated (Which I can't see in this crappy pentium II), seems to be the TGS trailer and the openning of the game (perhaps we'll have clearer audio in these versions).

EDIT : after a quick view, I can extract certain ideas from the "nameless doc":

1.- It seems that he was one of the very few to survive, from hundreds and hundreds in the line of "upgrading the K' (Kyo) genome experiment" (I suppose this hints that he is from the "same line from production" that K9999, as it's evident by seeing the game), I think he was the second one to make it.

2.- At one point, his "series" had many subjects. But everytime they where taken to "experiments" many of them wouldn't came back (hence the "disliking experiments" thing from the profile).

3.- No one cared about him except from one girl in the lab who he calls Isolde. Now, what I'm not sure at all, is that this "bright snow like hair girl" is another experiment (hint hint) or a staff researcher. If I read, Isolde is called anti K' at one point.

Other issue that I'm not sure if I read correctly, is that it seems that for his body not to burn out by itself he needs an "Isolde type" glove, which helps him to tone down the fire (cooling the fire). He feels that the glove is a bond between him and Isolde. I'm not sure if he uses 2 different gloves, one to "use" the fire and other to "prevent" being burned to death.

4.- The lab policy is having him aislated, and he hates it because that prevents him from seeing Isolde all the time. They said something like "ok, you can do whatever you want; but only if you erase a 'certain person'".

Corrections are welcome, I wonder if altavista or babelfish or google throws something more coherent

EDIT: spelling

悪魔の化身か地獄の使者か
リングで突然相手が消える!!

[this message was edited by Toxico on Fri 7 Nov 02:09]

Iggy
8718th Post

"Re(1):Site updated" , posted Fri 7 Nov 01:14post reply

quote:
seems to be the TGS trailer and the openning of the game (perhaps we'll have clearer audio in these versions).

And also clearer silhouettes : Kryzalid in coat, clone Zero, Original Zero, Ignitz, Omega Rugal.
The last 6, on the other hand, are still totally dark.

Ishmael
3332th Post

"Re(2):Site updated" , posted Fri 7 Nov 01:30post reply

I never imagined that Nameless would get that lenghty a backstory, or any backstory at all for that matter. Perhaps someone at SNK has taken a fancy to him?

Toxico
4535th Post

"Re(3):Site updated" , posted Fri 7 Nov 01:35post reply

quote:
I never imagined that Nameless would get that lenghty a backstory, or any backstory at all for that matter. Perhaps someone at SNK has taken a fancy to him?

Perhaps they thought that it would boost the character popularity to have back ground story, also some special vs introduction poses make more sense with storyline as back up (like Geese / Terry, for example, and how fun it was that it was missing in Neo wave).

Also, that's the gist of it, the back ground story is as long as a team story from any other year (Almost 2 pages long, perhaps almost 3)

悪魔の化身か地獄の使者か
リングで突然相手が消える!!

kofoguz
639th Post

"Re(4):Site updated" , posted Fri 7 Nov 04:55post reply

quote:

Perhaps they thought that it would boost the character popularity to have back ground story, also some special vs introduction poses make more sense with storyline as back up (like Geese / Terry, for example, and how fun it was that it was missing in Neo wave).

Also, that's the gist of it, the back ground story is as long as a team story from any other year (Almost 2 pages long, perhaps almost 3)

Well now I expect a story mode. Really, now they can partly ignore the story of 2001, and give the nests saga new ending. Why not?

[sigtag][/sigtag]

Toxico
4536th Post

"Re(5):Site updated" , posted Fri 7 Nov 06:16post reply

quote:
Well now I expect a story mode. Really, now they can partly ignore the story of 2001, and give the nests saga new ending. Why not?

Because they won't.
And that's that.

They won't make up a game over tiny details. For example, in 2k2 Kusanagi had a (minimum) amount of storyline (where they pointed out and that it wasn't Kyo and it was Kanedanagi, a surviving clone). And no storyline there, what's even more, that isn't that obvious unless you check outside sources, it isn't "that obvious" from the game.

These text only does the same, and mostly is in the same category, they point how Nameless "it's not K9999, but it's mostly the same", and they detail his life and how he isn't really evil and he can have friends, and he is gunning at K' and such. And most likely, nothing of this will be present in the game.

98 had Goenitz corpse in his stage, no storyline for that either.

Now what I want Is for Kyo 1 and Kyo 2 to have revamped voices and speeches using the seiyuus from Kaneda's gang, to keep the "It's Akira" joke somewhat alive and runnung.

悪魔の化身か地獄の使者か
リングで突然相手が消える!!

kofoguz
640th Post

"Re(6):Site updated" , posted Fri 7 Nov 07:49post reply

quote:
Because they won't.
And that's that.

How can you be so sure they wont make endings like picture(s) with a little text?

quote:
They won't make up a game over tiny details. For example, in 2k2 Kusanagi had a (minimum) amount of storyline (where they pointed out and that it wasn't Kyo and it was Kanedanagi, a surviving clone). And no storyline there, what's even more, that isn't that obvious unless you check outside sources, it isn't "that obvious" from the game.
These text only does the same, and mostly is in the same category, they point how Nameless "it's not K9999, but it's mostly the same", and they detail his life and how he isn't really evil and he can have friends, and he is gunning at K' and such. And most likely, nothing of this will be present in the game.

You misunderstood me, by "expect" I meant "its a possibility and if it turns out to be true I wouldnt be shocked", rather than "I'm dying to see it, and they better do it". IIRC they werent glad with the ending twist and all, overall nests saga finish.
quote:
98 had Goenitz corpse in his stage, no storyline for that either.

Because Orochi Saga is complete

[sigtag][/sigtag]

Toxico
4537th Post

"Re(7):Site updated" , posted Fri 7 Nov 08:05post reply

quote:

The nests saga is over and dealt with. I wont give any more replies nor try to detail anything more, I won't even open up the thread again; mainly because I can already see you trolling + 200 "it must have blood" answer type posts...

悪魔の化身か地獄の使者か
リングで突然相手が消える!!

ONSLAUGHT
3754th Post

"Yeah!" , posted Fri 7 Nov 10:39post reply

I'm very excited about this game, I hope they finish the NESTS saga!
Oh, and it must have blood!

kofoguz
641th Post

"Re(8):Site updated" , posted Fri 7 Nov 12:05post reply

quote:

The nests saga is over and dealt with. I wont give any more replies nor try to detail anything more, I won't even open up the thread again; mainly because I can already see you trolling + 200 "it must have blood" answer type posts...

Oh, Come ON. Dont you go abster-phobia on me. Thats just lame.

Ok, Nests saga finished like snk wanted. And everybody is glad with it. So No need to anykind of background story, any related thing about that saga is stupid, caring about it even more stupid. Like that stupid nameless character's real name/ nickname, or his small piece of background story is stupid.

Cause videogames and their stories strict to their rules of storylines, especially KoF (especially this year). Like other videogames. When a character dies its done. There's no chance in heaven we could see it again cause its ceased to exist, right. Their age, name, skin color, origin, body measures everything about them is unchangeable, and trying to do such thing is blasphemy. That is something we never seen before. Like Hollywood. Even movies are always royal to the videogames and such, as much as possible.
So thinking about the possibility of a touch up an already ended story of a videogame is beyond stupidness. Thanks for warning me. Now my eyes are opened.

In fact if they open the add story section to the site, I immediately stop checking the site. If they add story to the game I wont buy/play/watch the game and wont check anything about it. If they cross the line and write a novel about the fantastic nests saga and translate into turkish, and send it for me, without opening the book, I will fly to japan, go to Osaka to find snk building, wait for the responsible person for this, to throw the book toward his head and spit his face and say "How dare you!".

There. Are you happy now?

God, some people.

End of Spoiler

[sigtag][/sigtag]

Amakusa
777th Post

"Re(8):Site updated" , posted Sun 9 Nov 02:45post reply

quote:

Someone has issues.

kofoguz
642th Post

"Re(9):Site updated" , posted Sun 9 Nov 06:08post reply

quote:
Someone has issues.

Look I was furious last time if you meant me. Why do you guys have to exeggerate it? I only said its a possibility, he said no (because of this and this), and I said you never know. How does it make me a troll? Hell I didnt even say it "should have one", I said "it may have one". What I am trying to say, I barely post and when I do someone tries to expel me from the talk. And thats not fair.

Did I do something to someone, why is this prejudice?

[sigtag][/sigtag]

ONSLAUGHT
3756th Post

"Re(10):Site updated" , posted Sun 9 Nov 10:44post reply

quote:
Someone has issues.
And thats not fair.
Did I do something to someone, why is this prejudice?

Easy Reno, he was refering to Toxico's PMS, not yours...
Quit the drama.

kofoguz
643th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):Site updated" , posted Sun 9 Nov 18:22post reply

quote:
Easy Reno, he was refering to Toxico's PMS, not yours...
Quit the drama.

Oh, ok sorry.

[sigtag][/sigtag]

karasu99
2th Post

New Customer

"Re(3):Re(10):Site updated" , posted Fri 14 Nov 02:47post reply

While I hate to resurrect a recently contentious thread, I noticed this morning that the site was updated again to include Kyo Team. And... nothing else.

I'm pretty excited about 2002UM. I basically gave the original a pass back when it was released-- it just didn't seem impressive to me since I had loved the previous dream-match in 98. I also felt like it left out some of the most interesting characters from the NESTs era, the character art was boring and shoddy, the insertion of Rugal as the final boss was contrived and slap-dash, etc. So I bought it for PS2 and played it about 5 times.

This time around I have to say it's looking good. We've got missing characters added back in, MUCH better character art (By the way, who is the artist?), the addition of a ton of boss characters, and new moves.

In other words, everything that was done to improve on 98 for 98UM appears to have been done AND THEN SOME for 2002UM.

So can anyone tell me what it is that is appealing to them about the original 2002? I may yet dust off my copy and give it a try while I wait for UM.

Toxico
4540th Post

"Re(4):Re(10):Site updated" , posted Fri 14 Nov 03:19post reply

quote:
While I hate to resurrect a recently contentious thread, I noticed this morning that the site was updated again to include Kyo Team. And... nothing else.

Beated me to it They also updated the Dr Neo Geo comments section, he explains some differences between the old game and this one. You can also see some screens on a "beach stage" (sound beach? me wishes).... And Heavy D!'s salty skin on a tang .

Also, from the main site you can also see what they are thinking on showing for this upcoming 29 event.

I think that the art for this one is by Hiroaki (Was this on a famitsu? I just can't recall). If I remember correctly Hiroaki made the ingame art for KoF 2000 (perhaps the best in game art in the series, I still got some of those images imprinted in my brain ) and XI "You won" screen art. He also worked in other titles (Buriki One, some S cards for the Card Fighters games, and some more). Aside from the huge amount of art found in the game, It strikes me as odd that (judging by the few themes shown) the soundtrack seems to be the best thing SNK has done since... What? RBS? It's been too long.

The gameplay seems the same with more characters, so unless they add something incredebly broken or don't take out something that's already so (Vanessa or Yama's no brain MAX 100% combos pop up to mind), I'll be fine.

quote:

So can anyone tell me what it is that is appealing to them about the original 2002? I may yet dust off my copy and give it a try while I wait for UM.

Well... Unless you practice something hard to do (like some insane MAX mode combos), the game just doesn't really have a nice 1P experience. As usual, it's "vs" where the heat lies.

悪魔の化身か地獄の使者か
リングで突然相手が消える!!

karasu99
3th Post

New Customer

"Re(5):Re(10):Site updated" , posted Fri 14 Nov 05:30post reply

quote:
I think that the art for this one is by Hiroaki (Was this on a famitsu? I just can't recall). If I remember correctly Hiroaki made the ingame art for KoF 2000 (perhaps the best in game art in the series, I still got some of those images imprinted in my brain ) and XI "You won" screen art. He also worked in other titles (Buriki One, some S cards for the Card Fighters games, and some more). Aside from the huge amount of art found in the game, It strikes me as odd that (judging by the few themes shown) the soundtrack seems to be the best thing SNK has done since... What? RBS? It's been too long.

Yeah, now that you mention it, it does remind me of the win art from XI. It's very good looking stuff. I might even have to buy the mook for it-- if there is one. The 98UM Ultimate Guide looked just like a movelist rather than a full mook.

quote:
Well... Unless you practice something hard to do (like some insane MAX mode combos), the game just doesn't really have a nice 1P experience. As usual, it's "vs" where the heat lies.

I'll probably just end up practicing crazy combos by myself-- it's been a long time since I knew anyone who I could play against in a KOF, unfortunately. It's pretty sad, now that I think of it.

Still, I'll be happy to have some of the new includes, like Lin. Too bad Heavy D! is an unlikely inclusion.

Iggy
8723th Post

"Re(5):Re(10):Site updated" , posted Fri 14 Nov 08:41post reply

quote:
he explains some differences between the old game and this one.

* The MAX2 were more of a bonus in the original version, with huge disparities. Now, they are a real part of the game, have been rebalanced so that all the characters can actually use them, and the commands have been normalized. And the visuals have been strengthen as well.
* The dokocan favored some characters, while the hold characters or throwers couldn't use the system much. They are working on it to have it more useful to everyone.

* There is more time for each round
* Characters have more energy
* The guard clash gauge is visible
* The recovery of this gauge is now the same for every character
* homogenization of the length of the roll
* homogenization of the course of the jumps (WHAT !? I don't think it means what I think it means, it's too weird)
* All command moves record 1-frame imput
* No more random damage (yes please !)
* The imput time to escape throws is shorter
* If you hit any button beside a strong attack button, you fail your escape throw
* The normal throw deal less damage
* The hold direction is recorded even if you stand up or crouch
* homogenization of the duration and range of everyone's guard cancel attack (Hum... really ?)
* The guard cancel roll is faster and goes farther
* The game will properly recognize a counter hit if you are hit while performing any anti air.
* The first hit of those anti airs will not hit back
* The anti airs will now hit completely a jumping opponent
* A counter hit will be recorded if you are hit during a missed command throw animation
* You can do a MAX super without an activation, by using 3 gauges. (4 gauges for a super cancel) Same thing for the MAX 2 (of course, you still need to have lost the same amount of life wether you activate it or not)
* The maximum life to do a MAX2 is higher
* When in MAX activation, all the supers can be dococanceled (really !?)(this is supposed to hel the throwers)(the mode is now very close to the counter mode of KOF99/2000; the time during which you can cancel/super cancel in this mode is also longer)
* homogenization of the MAX activation time for every character (they will all be the same time as the original 02's Kim's)
* While in MAX mode, when you hit your opponent, you can do any hold move without having to hold the direction for 2 seconds, even if your attack is guarded (as shown on the pictures with Heidern and Leona)
* When you Quick MAX activated (during a combo) the damage of this combo is reduced (except for any super you would throw in it)
* When you do a MAX2, you can't do another for a few seconds
* You can't escape a throw during a move when you, well, move (I suppose they talk about things like the psycho teleport ?)
* You can't either if you are thrown while performing a counter move

-----------------
Except the furious homogenization that may go too far (the course of the jump ? I don't think so) every thing else is just top notch. It will really feel like a new game.

The pictures with Billy and Terry on the beach show how much energy you need to have to perform a MAX2. Also, the energy flashes red when you can; when you did, the energy will stay yellow until you can do another one.

Next time, they will talk about the graphical changes, during the MAX2 and the rest.

Spoon
1676th Post

"Re(6):Re(10):Site updated" , posted Fri 14 Nov 11:50post reply

quote:

Except the furious homogenization that may go too far (the course of the jump ? I don't think so) every thing else is just top notch. It will really feel like a new game.

Worst case scenario: in order to make Choi less top tier, they've given EVERYBODY Choi's jump. Chang will gracefully sail through the air~

I'm not really sure that I'm sold on the roll homogenization. But, CvS2 showed us that there is such a thing as giving somebody a roll that's just too crappy (see: Cammy) as well as giving somebody a roll that's so good you wonder why you'd even bother dashing (see: Iori). We'll have to see.

I'm somewhat worried that 2k2UM is going to be more fun to play than KOF12.

Toxico
4542th Post

"Re(7):Re(10):Site updated" , posted Fri 14 Nov 13:10post reply

quote:
Worst case scenario: in order to make Choi less top tier, they've given EVERYBODY Choi's jump. Chang will gracefully sail through the air~

The word used is 平均化 -> へいきんか -> and can be interpretated as "balancing" so, voilá (Iggy lost his cooky)

悪魔の化身か地獄の使者か
リングで突然相手が消える!!

Iggy
8725th Post

"Re(8):Re(10):Site updated" , posted Fri 14 Nov 19:35post reply

quote:
The word used is 平均化 -> へいきんか -> and can be interpretated as "balancing" so, voilá (Iggy lost his cooky)

Oops!

But I'm surprised all these values were different amongst characters. Some characters had different "invisible guard clash gauge" recovery ? Who thought that would be a good idea ?

Toxico
4543th Post

"Re(9):Re(10):Site updated" , posted Fri 14 Nov 22:31post reply

quote:
Some characters had different "invisible guard clash gauge" recovery ? Who thought that would be a good idea ?

Correct, just as stamina the value itself changed depending on "heavy, medium or slim" type of character. I suppose that they thought that it would be logic in the train of thought that "heavy characters can't counter attack as much as quick characters", while having Maxima with better guard than the rest was nice, I suppose they didn't counted that they'll made Goro faster than Benimaru

悪魔の化身か地獄の使者か
リングで突然相手が消える!!

Spoon
1677th Post

"Re(9):Re(10):Site updated" , posted Sat 15 Nov 03:08post reply

quote:

But I'm surprised all these values were different amongst characters. Some characters had different "invisible guard clash gauge" recovery ? Who thought that would be a good idea ?

I'm going to assume that "guard clash" means the same thing as "guard crush", so if I'm wrong, do correct me.

A thing I never really got around to testing much was whether or not characters have different sized guard crush gauges in 2k2. I attribute this to having not a whole lot of interest in 2k2. Is it just that the rate of recovery is different?

Iggy
8727th Post

"Re(10):Re(10):Site updated" , posted Sat 15 Nov 03:17post reply

quote:
I'm going to assume that "guard clash" means the same thing as "guard crush", so if I'm wrong, do correct me.

Yeah, sorry, I'm random katakanazing after 3AM.

Toxico
4544th Post

"Re(10):Re(10):Site updated" , posted Sat 15 Nov 04:08post reply

quote:
Is it just that the rate of recovery is different?

Correct, the size is the same for every character (I think it was FF in hexa), it's how fast "it heals" the thing that it's different per character type. If I remember properly, they also "did away" with these differences in Nowave as well.

悪魔の化身か地獄の使者か
リングで突然相手が消える!!

Ishmael
3340th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):Re(10):Site updated" , posted Sat 15 Nov 04:31post reply

That's a huge list of revisions that SNK is planning. Thanks for listing that all out Iggy.

While I'm happy with that news I do wonder how the balance of the game is going to turn out now and how long it's going to take SNK to get this remix sorted out. I shouldn't judge 02UM against 98UM since the effort and expectations that SNK has for these remixes has changed but considering it took SNK a long, long time to add Kasumi and a few new bugs to 98 it does make me wonder if we are going to see 02UM later rather than sooner. I'm also beginning to wonder if 02UM is actually going to be a more entertaining game than XII.

karasu99
4th Post

New Customer

"Re(3):Re(10):Re(10):Site updated" , posted Sat 15 Nov 05:16post reply

quote:
I shouldn't judge 02UM against 98UM since the effort and expectations that SNK has for these remixes has changed but considering it took SNK a long, long time to add Kasumi and a few new bugs to 98 it does make me wonder if we are going to see 02UM later rather than sooner. I'm also beginning to wonder if 02UM is actually going to be a more entertaining game than XII.

The graphics aficionado in me wants badly to see how all of the new sprites for XII turn out, as well as who else gets included. Although the cynic in me think there won't be much in the way of surprises with the latter. So, I'd say my excitement is about equal.

2002UM, on the other hand, I'm really excited about, for some reason. Perhaps because I appreciated the amount of love lavished on 98UM (98 still being my favorite KOF to date). As for dates, hasn't 2009 been put forward vaguely? I could swear I've even seen something slightly more specific.

karasu99
11th Post

New Customer

"Re(4):Re(10):Re(10):Site updated" , posted Fri 21 Nov 01:32post reply

Site is updated again. For the moment it appears that it's only Garou Team.

The art continues to impress me both with its quality and with its willingness to go just slightly outside the standard '2D fighter' poses without venturing into Falcoon-style big swirl of hair, boobs, and limbs. Or alternate outfits with knives sewn into the hems (and such). It's sort of like some of Nona's 2001 art, where the fighters are actually DOING something.

Speaking of Nona, has he done any recent SNK art? I know he's heavily involved with XII, but I've yet to see anything that is identifiably his work. Maybe that's best for another thread but since the 2002UM news is so thin I thought I'd throw that in here to pad things out.

Toxico
4550th Post

"Re(5):Re(10):Re(10):Site updated" , posted Fri 21 Nov 02:06:post reply

quote:
Speaking of Nona, has he done any recent SNK art?

Hummmmm.... 2001, 2002, SvC website art, XI ending art and I can't recall more... It's surprising how, "each time" Nona's work shows huge improvements. Nona was involved in the pixel art in Garou MoTW as well.

悪魔の化身か地獄の使者か
リングで突然相手が消える!!

[this message was edited by Toxico on Fri 21 Nov 02:07]

Iggy
8729th Post

"Re(5):Re(10):Re(10):Site updated" , posted Fri 21 Nov 03:21post reply

quote:
Maybe that's best for another thread but since the 2002UM news is so thin I thought I'd throw that in here to pad things out.

That reminds me : have we said here that next week, SNKP will host an event where, along with 02UM, KOFXII will be playable WITH A FULL ROSTER?

No, I don't think we have. Interesting.

Toxico
4550th Post

"Re(6):Re(10):Re(10):Site updated" , posted Fri 21 Nov 04:03post reply

quote:
Have we said here that next week, SNKP will host an event where, along with 02UM, KOFXII will be playable WITH A FULL ROSTER?

No, I don't think we have. Interesting.

I left that unmentioned so that someone would feel smart & valuable by pointing it out

・・・・ ・・・・ ・・・・ Works every time

悪魔の化身か地獄の使者か
リングで突然相手が消える!!

Shin_ATproof
1221th Post

"Re(7):Re(10):Re(10):Site updated" , posted Fri 21 Nov 06:47post reply

Like earlier mentioned, I to think some of the changes sound a bit off but overall I'm very excited about the changes to the engine. Loved KoF02.

Sí mon con langosta y camarón

Toxico
4553th Post

"Site updated MkII" , posted Fri 28 Nov 05:28post reply

At the official site We can read Dr Neogeo going emo about the game once again, we can see some more stages as well.

悪魔の化身か地獄の使者か
リングで突然相手が消える!!

Iggy
8738th Post

"Re(1):Site updated MkII" , posted Fri 28 Nov 05:47post reply

Hurray ! Color variations for all stages !
Hurray ! White, Crawley and Sugoi Otoko !
Hurray ! 8 backgrounds so far, and more to come !
Hurray ! Team homogenization (with a team theme and background !)
Boooooh, teams sharing the same stage (the masters team and Ikari team share the Cambodia stage).

Still, with 18 default teams plus bosses, a small dozen of stages should be enough. And I like the ones we have seen so far, compared to the horrors of the original 02. I hope the remixes will be good.

Toxico
4559th Post

"Trailer (?)" , posted Sun 30 Nov 01:34:post reply

Some people where advertising this trailer as if it was new, but since it doesn't load for me I can't really check for any differences.

On a personal note, now that Maxima has Dancougar Formation, my only dream left for the saga is for him ot adquire sunshine's finishers

Edit 1 : It seems that through Famitsu we can see that in this build there it was more playable character than in the last one.

Edit 2 : updated character select screen

悪魔の化身か地獄の使者か
リングで突然相手が消える!!

[this message was edited by Toxico on Sun 30 Nov 23:34]

Kikkoken
1177th Post

"Re(1):Trailer (?)" , posted Tue 2 Dec 06:03post reply

Oh my, do I see 4 empty alveoli at the bottom? Could this mean... Moe, Miu, Jun and Reiji?

karasu99
15th Post

New Customer

"Re(3):Running the numbers" , posted Tue 2 Dec 06:40:post reply

quote:
Oh my, do I see 4 empty alveoli at the bottom? Could this mean... Moe, Miu, Jun and Reiji?

Well, aren't there still a number of unrevealed competitors, as per the trailer? Those four empty slots, by the way, are 2 slots for "EDIT TEAM" and 2 slots for "TEAM RANDOM", as is apparent in the much clearer previous screenshots.

It's funny, When the total number of competitors was revealed, I remember counting the number of slots in the characters select screen, and then counting up the number of available hex slots in the center of the board and having them match. I hadn't thought that they would then screw around with putting everyone at the bottom of the screen like that.

EDIT: The number 66 is from counting all of the spaces on the characters page of the official web page.

66 total (someone correct me if this is wrong)
-52 initially revealed competitors
---
14 'bonus' competitors
-5 boss competitors, per the latest screenshot
---
9 remaining

This could be totally wrong, and based on the assumption that there were going to be 66 total competitiors.

But... damn, 9 remaining is a huge number. It could be the USA Sports Team, the Boss Team, and then Eiji and two others (have I forgotten someone? Ron maybe?). That actually would not surprise me, given that SNKP has already spent a money on incorporating these guys into '98UM.

[this message was edited by karasu99 on Tue 2 Dec 06:46]

Toxico
4561th Post

"Re(4):Running the numbers" , posted Tue 2 Dec 08:38post reply

quote:
But... damn, 9 remaining is a huge number.

Is not 6 more?, they seem to count the "ura orochi team" as 3 separate characters.

悪魔の化身か地獄の使者か
リングで突然相手が消える!!

karasu99
16th Post

New Customer

"Re(5):Running the numbers" , posted Tue 2 Dec 09:52post reply

quote:
But... damn, 9 remaining is a huge number.

Is not 6 more?, they seem to count the "ura orochi team" as 3 separate characters.

Argh, you're right, I had forgotten how the ura orochi are broken out as separate in 2002. But still! That's a lot of competitors. Here's hoping the last 6 won't just be ura versions (or worse yet, even more versions of Kyo).

Iggy
8742th Post

"Re(6):Running the numbers" , posted Tue 2 Dec 21:10post reply

quote:
Here's hoping the last 6 won't just be ura versions (or worse yet, even more versions of Kyo).

Maybe they are, at least for the first three. Ura Robert, Ura Kensou and Ura Heidern are all likely candidates.
On the other hand, the other three silhouettes are intriguing. Geese on the left, Goenitz on the right, and ????? in the middle ?

Iggy
8743th Post

"Release date" , posted Tue 2 Dec 23:30post reply

02/26

Also, notice the picture of Nameless' version of chikara ga katteni uwaaah.

shindekudasai
339th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(1):Release date" , posted Wed 3 Dec 01:12post reply

Not to mention Kyo-2's Max2 ... a MAX Kototsuki You?

(and OT - having to get these updates from Starbucks and McDonalds sucks! Can't wait to get internet in my new place..)

Toxico
4568th Post

"Re(1):Release date" , posted Wed 3 Dec 04:52:post reply

quote:
Also, notice the picture of Nameless' version of chikara ga katteni uwaaah.

gpara has nice sized versions of those pic. Kula's win portrait is kinda cute

Famitsu's take on the release date announcement of the game

悪魔の化身か地獄の使者か
リングで突然相手が消える!!

[this message was edited by Toxico on Wed 3 Dec 23:45]

Toxico
4570th Post

"Re(2):Release date" , posted Thu 4 Dec 23:21:post reply

Using some "raw facts" analysis is easy to say that the official site updates every two weeks with team pics (this time, it's the Ikari team)... I wonder if that means that I should stop checking the site every two days?

At this rate, we are something like +20 weeks away from knowing the hidden characters through this site.

悪魔の化身か地獄の使者か
リングで突然相手が消える!!

[this message was edited by Toxico on Thu 4 Dec 23:23]

Shin Ramberk
353th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(3):Release date" , posted Fri 5 Dec 00:27:post reply

So can someone translate or name all of the teams on here. Here's what I've figured out so far but I'm sure I got some team names wrong.

Nameless [single]
K' Team: K', Maxima, Whip
Kyo Team: Kyo, Benimaru, Goro
Garou Team: Terry, Andy, Joe
Ryuko Team: Ryo, Robert, Yuri
Ikari Team: Leona, Ralph, Clark
Iori Team: Iori, Vice, Mature
Psycho Soldier Team: Athena, Kensou, Bao
Agent Team: Vanessa, Seth, Ramon
New Face Team: Yashiro, Shermie, Chris
Nest Team: Foxy, Angel, Kula
Korea Team: Kim, Chang, Choi
Jhun Team?: Jhun, Lin, Shingo
Outlaw Team?: Yamazaki, Mary, Billy
Father Team?: Heidern, Takuma, Chin
Pretty Girl Fighters Team?: Xiangfei, Hinako, May Lee
Women's Team?: King, Mai, Kasumi
Clone Team?: Kusanagi, Kyo-1, Kyo-2
Bosses: Krizalid, Zero, Omega Rugal, Original Zero, Igniz

So no Geese, Goenitz, Mr. Big or Krauser? Anyone else missing?

http://ramberk.blogspot.com

[this message was edited by Shin Ramberk on Fri 5 Dec 00:52]

karasu99
18th Post

New Customer

"Re(3):Release date" , posted Fri 5 Dec 02:06post reply

quote:
Using some "raw facts" analysis is easy to say that the official site updates every two weeks with team pics (this time, it's the Ikari team)... I wonder if that means that I should stop checking the site every two days?

At this rate, we are something like +20 weeks away from knowing the hidden characters through this site.

And again Toxico-sama has beaten me to the punch.

I expect that Famitsu or someone will reveal the secrets long before the official page does. It's irritating, though, that the update schedule is so mind-numbingly slow.

Toxico
4570th Post

"Re(4):Release date" , posted Fri 5 Dec 02:40post reply

Nameless [single]
K' Team: K', Maxima, Whip
Kyo Team: Kyo, Benimaru, Goro
Garou Team: Terry, Andy, Joe
Ryuuko Team: Ryo, Robert, Yuri
Ikari Team: Leona, Ralph, Clark
Iori Team: Iori, Vice, Mature
Psycho Soldier Team: Athena, Kensou, Bao
Agent Team: Vanessa, Seth, Ramon
Orochi Team: Yashiro, Shermie, Chris
Ura Orochi Team: O. Yashiro, O. Shermie, O. Chris
Nests Team: Foxy, Angel, Kula
Kim Team: Kim, Chang, Choi
Jhun Team: Jhun, Lin, Shingo
97' Special Team: Yamazaki, Mary, Billy
Master Team: Heidern, Takuma, Chin
Pretty Women's Fighters Team: Xiangfei, Hinako, May Lee
Women's Fighters Team: King, Mai, Kasumi
Clone Team: Kusanagi, Kyo-1, Kyo-2
Bosses: Krizalid, Zero, Omega Rugal, Original Zero, Igniz

quote:

So no Geese, Goenitz, Mr. Big or Krauser? Anyone else missing?

Only those team names are know so far

悪魔の化身か地獄の使者か
リングで突然相手が消える!!

Kikkoken
1178th Post

"Re(5):Release date" , posted Fri 5 Dec 21:42post reply

quote:
Pretty Women's Fighters Team: Xiangfei, Hinako, May Lee
Women's Fighters Team: King, Mai, Kasumi

This classification, however official, makes no sense. They should have called the first team "Annoying" or "loud Women Fighters", and reserved "Pretty" for the second one. Or used "ageing" instead..

karasu99
24th Post

New Customer

"Re(7):Updated" , posted Fri 12 Dec 02:22:post reply

Have I beaten Toxico-sama to the punch? I bet he's posting right now!

Official site has been updated again with Psycho Soldier Team, some Dr. Neo Geo that I can't read, and a link to some posters!

Another so-so update... oh well.

[this message was edited by karasu99 on Fri 12 Dec 02:23]

Toxico
4587th Post

"Re(8):Updated" , posted Fri 12 Dec 02:43:post reply

quote:
Have I beaten Toxico's to the punch? I bet he's posting right now!

I was writting about it on a note pad, while eating pasta & watching Kickboxer 1 on tv. At the same time. And I woke up late.

Dr Neo emo is at it again

Short pointers :

* They are taking into account comments from the 98UM players, to further add differences & improvements into this game

* Nests bosses will have new Max2 moves.

* "One picture ending" for teams upon game clear. (like in 98)

* Challenge mode will have 50 challenges? but the pic shows 30 challenge slots... I need to dust out my dictionary

* They seem to have been working in the "command record" feature, to make it more user friendly.

* Gallery mode seems to have a new feature where you can see in game special victories & introductions

* They will add "view movelist" to the NEO GEO MODE

* Preorder bonus : 「スペシャルコンボDVD」(Special Combo DVD)

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・
Last updated : 09/12/08 (58 personajes)

[this message was edited by Toxico on Fri 12 Dec 02:52]

Iggy
8760th Post

"Re(9):Updated" , posted Fri 12 Dec 02:52post reply

quote:
* Challenge mode will have 50 challenges? but the pic shows 30 challenge slots... I need to dust out my dictionary

I suppose it's the "normal challenge" screen, and the rest are the "expert challenges".

Also, "if you complete all the challenges, maybe a special character will... ?"

Amakusa
782th Post

"Re(10):Updated" , posted Sat 13 Dec 06:42post reply

quote:

Also, "if you complete all the challenges, maybe a special character will... ?"

I was trash on the KOF XI challenges and I really don't think this would be up my alley.

Toxico
4600th Post

"screens" , posted Thu 18 Dec 21:51:post reply

Official site ... Also a team profile is updated.

The only reason on why I bother on this, is because we can see a pic from this Isolde person.

EDIT : I also just recently noticed that the clones have slightly different pics

quote:

I was trash on the KOF XI challenges and I really don't think this would be up my alley.

Really? they where all pretty easy. The only challenge that I have found difficult was Heavy D!'s long combo. Now that MAX mode is around, and you can actually do complicated stuff (unlike, say... 98); I except expert challenges to be a complete pain

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・

[this message was edited by Toxico on Thu 18 Dec 21:58]

kofoguz
649th Post

"Re(1):screens" , posted Fri 19 Dec 01:03post reply

quote:
The only reason on why I bother on this, is because we can see a pic from this Isolde person.

Wow another new character. I wonder if she's playable?

[sigtag][/sigtag]

Nate
965th Post

"Re(2):screens" , posted Fri 19 Dec 03:47post reply

quote:

I googled Isolde and apparently it's also the name of Unknown's glove...hmm. His profile on the site confirms this. I'd like a new character but it might just be SNKP throwing around random English. The girl in the image sort of looks like Hinako to me, but I'm hoping she's not.

karasu99
30th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(3):screens" , posted Fri 19 Dec 05:53post reply

quote:

I googled Isolde and apparently it's also the name of Unknown's glove...hmm. His profile on the site confirms this. I'd like a new character but it might just be SNKP throwing around random English. The girl in the image sort of looks like Hinako to me, but I'm hoping she's not.

Isn't Isolde the name of Unknown's fellow prisoner? I thought I recalled that from his bio information (posted here earlier).

But yeah, her outfit reminds me of Hinako as well.

She may just be a supporting character, like Kyo's girlfriend or Rose.

Toxico
4600th Post

"Re(4):screens" , posted Fri 19 Dec 07:09post reply

quote:
Isn't Isolde the name of Unknown's fellow prisoner? I thought I recalled that from his bio information (posted here earlier).

Exactly, I didn't mean something else.

quote:

She may just be a supporting character, like Kyo's girlfriend or Rose.

My thoughts exactly, I suppose we'll at least get a color portrait of her in an ending pic. Her hair is supposedly white and if I recall she was also supposedly to have a globe... Maybe I'll should translate that bio again, but only after learning 200 more kanjis or so

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・

kofoguz
654th Post

"Updated. 3 new stages exposed. Also Isolde." , posted Thu 25 Dec 21:38post reply

The last section is up with the winner screen of O.Leona. And some new ending pisc of Psycho Soldier, and Fatal Fury teams.

Yes you can see one of the screenshot of Isolde. It seems she appears in Nameless HDSM.

Also I like the new backgrounds, too. One of them in some kind of restaurant(Pao Pao Cafe?), other one is some kind of Arena type building (might be the Colliseum. The last one is I guess remake of C. Zero's background. Btw its officially "C. Zero" now.

[sigtag][/sigtag]

Toxico
4607th Post

"Re(1):Updated. 3 new stages exposed. Also Iso" , posted Fri 26 Dec 01:20post reply

quote:

Also I like the new backgrounds, too. One of them in some kind of restaurant(Pao Pao Cafe?), other one is some kind of Arena type building (might be the Colliseum. The last one is I guess remake of C. Zero's background. Btw its officially "C. Zero" now.

Here was it (It took me some time to find out)

The stadium is "Greece stage", the restaurant is "China stage", clone Zero stage is (surprisingly) "Clone Zero stage".

There are some interesting things there and in dr neo geo's blog.... But sadly my eyes hurt to much to remain open. I'll leave the rest to someone in a different time zone, and different sexual orientation than me.

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・

Iggy
8791th Post

"Re(2):Updated. 3 new stages exposed. Also Iso" , posted Fri 26 Dec 01:42post reply

quote:

There are some interesting things there and in dr neo geo's blog.... But sadly my eyes hurt to much to remain open. I'll leave the rest to someone in a different time zone, and different sexual orientation than me.

Nothing really interesting : quick overview of 9 characters, most of it that was already noticed in the location tests.
The Greece level doesn't look good. When will they learn c&p random sprites in the background don't make them "lively" ? Also, that Kain was already used in NBC.

kofoguz
655th Post

"Re(2):Updated. 3 new stages exposed. Also Iso" , posted Fri 26 Dec 01:49post reply

quote:
clone Zero stage is (surprisingly) "Clone Zero stage".

Thanks for clarification, the monitor at the work is bad so I couldnt be sure.

[sigtag][/sigtag]

Toxico
4609th Post

"Re(3):Updated. 3 new stages exposed. Also Iso" , posted Fri 26 Dec 04:54:post reply

quote:
The Greece level doesn't look good. When will they learn c&p random sprites in the background don't make them "lively" ? Also, that Kain was already used in NBC.

What strikes me as the oddest is that, they have so many characters that properly represent certain countries... but when they choose what characters to put on the stages, they don't really choose accordingly but it would rather look like they play janken pon to select who goes where.

At least Han's stage has only boros on it as it should.

obscene hokuto ryūken dance teleport

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・

[this message was edited by Toxico on Fri 26 Dec 08:49]

Toxico
4616th Post

"Small update" , posted Thu 8 Jan 23:10post reply

korea team , one of my fav pics so far.

Dr neo emo's blog, Ryuuko, Ikari team & Psychos. I haven't translated anything yet, Kinnikuman's raw take preference

For the record, for those interested-- I have been waiting for a somewhar relevant announcement before openning a new thread about the game (this one is something like 130). However, snk seems to be doing just fine with releasing bits of bits of bits of info each time.

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・

Iggy
8804th Post

"Re(1):Small update" , posted Thu 8 Jan 23:49post reply

quote:
For the record, for those interested-- I have been waiting for a somewhar relevant announcement before openning a new thread about the game (this one is something like 130). However, snk seems to be doing just fine with releasing bits of bits of bits of info each time.

Yeah, it's not like there's a lot to say about this game for the moment...
There's a lot of new moves and balancing, but I especially like Athena's new "Psychic Teleport Fake". There's not a lot of fake moves in KOF, and that's a welcome addition (and another hint that Neo Geo Hakase, whether you agree with his artistic choices or not, likes Garô better than KOF).

Toxico
4617th Post

"Re(2):Small update" , posted Fri 9 Jan 00:37post reply

quote:
Yeah, it's not like there's a lot to say about this game for the moment...

Correct, at the time the only thing that could really shake what we know about the game would be just how much of a surprise the hidden characters are, or how detealed the soundtrack or the stages that are left are.

For the record, I just noticed that on Daimon's MAX2, the background kanji's read 風林火山 which is a cute little phrase that I used a lot in my childhood (thanks to Kinnikuman using it, who's show I used to worship like the pagans gods parade that it is) and has a nice little story behind it.

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・

karasu99
38th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(3):Small update" , posted Fri 9 Jan 01:36post reply

quote:
For the record, I just noticed that on Daimon's MAX2, the background kanji's read 風林火山 which is a cute little phrase that I used a lot in my childhood (thanks to Kinnikuman using it, who's show I used to worship like the pagans gods parade that it is) and has a nice little story behind it.

That's great! Thanks for pointing that out Toxico-sama-- it's the sort of thing I never would have realized myself. I've enjoyed all of the minor touches that have been added to this game.

Here's hoping that the bonus characters aren't a disappointment once they're revealed, which I can't image will be too far off from now, since it's just over a month now until the game is released.

Amuro Rei
64th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(1):KoF2k2UM thread" , posted Fri 9 Jan 03:15:post reply

This gmae seems very good....i can wait to put my hands on it!!!!

the almighty titans leader!!

[this message was edited by Amuro Rei on Fri 9 Jan 03:17]

TreIII
167th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):Small update" , posted Sun 11 Jan 14:41post reply

quote:
There's a lot of new moves and balancing, but I especially like Athena's new "Psychic Teleport Fake". There's not a lot of fake moves in KOF, and that's a welcome addition (and another hint that Neo Geo Hakase, whether you agree with his artistic choices or not, likes Garô better than KOF).

Second this, on both counts.

At this point, I've made it my mind that I'm not going to amp myself up for the secret characters. Besides, with everything right now looking as good as it does, I'm liking what I see already, enough.

karasu99
47th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(3):Small update" , posted Thu 15 Jan 22:56post reply

Since I'm up at this outlandish hour (taking my wife to have oral surgery this morning) I can beat Toxico-sama to the punch: Site is updated, this time with the... er... okay, I'm just going to let the grownups do the translating and not embarrass myself. Anyway, it's Lin, Jhun Hoon, and Shingo Team. And, looks like some info regarding the game's changes as well.

So, the release date edges ever closer, and still they're just doing these tiny little updates.

Ishmael
3374th Post

"Re(4):Small update" , posted Thu 15 Jan 23:58post reply

quote:
So, the release date edges ever closer, and still they're just doing these tiny little updates.

Has anyone informed the webpage designers that the release date is coming fairly soon? It's nice that they posted an updated with Team Loser but at the speed they are going they might not even manage to cover the primary cast before the game is on the shelves.

Iggy
8809th Post

"Re(5):Small update" , posted Fri 16 Jan 00:02post reply

quote:
Has anyone informed the webpage designers that the release date is coming fairly soon? It's nice that they posted an updated with Team Loser but at the speed they are going they might not even manage to cover the primary cast before the game is on the shelves.

Maybe they just forgot to tell everyone the game is being pushed back to next winter? It's SNKP we're talking about, after all.

Either way: all the BGM are new; each team and each boss has his own BGM; most are remixed tracks, but some are totally new; some characters have new voices recorded by their usual voice actor for their new moves; Nameless is voiced by Ono Daisuke, who also provides all the "Round One fight" comments.

Toxico
4628th Post

"Re(6):Small update" , posted Fri 16 Jan 00:34:post reply

quote:
Nameless is voiced by Ono Daisuke, who also provides all the "Round One fight" comments.

Beated me to it in everything that I wanted to say , it was almost like domestic violence If anything, Is this the second update of the week? I think that if they choose to procced like this (quick updates), it gets obvious that they are pressing info about the game before the preorder season runs dry. It's also obvious that we won't get a big surprise prior to the game release, but perhaps well get something good when it does (Are Mizoguchi's rights still available? )

For those that don't know of Daisuke's Ono carrer (I know I didn't :P)

On a side note, Lin's hands looks extremely small... Funny how my nickname for him was already "T-rex" .

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・
Last updated : 15/01/09 (96 personajes)

[this message was edited by Toxico on Fri 16 Jan 09:31]

TreIII
168th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(6):Small update" , posted Sat 17 Jan 12:16post reply

quote:
Nameless is voiced by Ono Daisuke, who also provides all the "Round One fight" comments.

Hah, that's cool. He was also Casshern in TvC.

kofoguz
664th Post

"Update: Orochi Team and changes to...." , posted Thu 22 Jan 23:35post reply

koreans, girls and women.

and Orochi Team

Looks like Mai has a new HSDM of some sort (transformation?).
King has her kick effects.

[sigtag][/sigtag]

Toxico
4638th Post

"Re(1):Update: Orochi Team and changes to...." , posted Fri 23 Jan 00:09post reply

quote:
Looks like Mai has a new HSDM of some sort (transformation?).
King has her kick effects.

It's not a MAX2 but rather a SDM... And that Mud man write up was keeping me from checking the site earlier

grannys

King

uses 2001 as basis
Revised the mirage dance (unblockable) & Silent Flash (97' DM, it has been added & adjusted)

Mai

Her SDM (aka MAX1) has been tweaked to her Real Bout Leotard shinobi bachi with bigger invincibility window. (it's named leotard because Mai changes her clothes to a leotard, as seen in the pic)

Kasumi

Uses 2000 as a basis (urgh, while she was strong, 2k is her 'less fun' year to use. Specially after playing 98UM where she can do tons of mischieves).
Her new MAX2 we have already seen, they are adjustice the usage of her normal moves (I think it says 'bigger cross up window for SK', among others)

brattys

Xiangfei

Uses 2001 as a basis, her NEX max2 as been already seen, and they are adjusting her drunk counters to be less like in RB2 and more like a normal counter (boo hoo)

Hinako

Uses 2000 as basis, however she has been undergoning many adjustments such as new moves, re-tweaked range for moves & other tidbits.

May Lee

I don't know if I'm reading this right, but the staff "considers that May lee's animation as not really on par with the rest of the cast & they have been adding extra frames here & there so that she feels smoother to watch"`. Her Overhead DM has gone back to how it was in 2001.

Koreans

Kim

Hoshou kyaku has been strenghtend, but most of his (broken) normal moves are going to be made harder to cancel & his Qcb + punch chains are going to be more rigid to use

Chang

He has been changed a lot in comparison to the NeoGeo version. I wasn't aware that his MAX2 dm move was called 'Big Iron Ball WORLD", which really explain the time stop feature of the move and put a big grin in my face. His MAX2 has been adjusted to being easier to use, and has a new 'on hit' animation.

Choi

Regained his KoF 99 Air DM, as expected most of his tweaks are toning downs.

Next branch will be Jhun team, New faces & Ura new faces.

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・
Last updated : 20/01/09 (96 personajes)

kofoguz
666th Post

"Re(2):Update: Orochi Team and changes to...." , posted Fri 23 Jan 02:15post reply

quote:

Kasumi

Uses 2000 as a basis (urgh, while she was strong, 2k is her 'less fun' year to use. Specially after playing 98UM where she can do tons of mischieves).

brattys

Xiangfei

Uses 2001 as a basis

Hinako

Uses 2000 as basis,

Chang

He has been changed a lot in comparison to the NeoGeo version. I wasn't aware that his MAX2 dm move was called 'Big Iron Ball WORLD
",

Choi

Regained his KoF 99 Air DM

Next branch will be Jhun team, New faces & Ura new faces.

Red parts worries me cause,they choose my least favourite versions. I didnt like Xiang Fei 01, 99 was better.
Hope Jhun is 99.
Blu parts is good though.

[sigtag][/sigtag]

Ishmael
3384th Post

"Re(2):Update: Orochi Team and changes to...." , posted Fri 23 Jan 05:50post reply

quote:
May Lee

I don't know if I'm reading this right, but the staff "considers that May lee's animation as not really on par with the rest of the cast & they have been adding extra frames here & there so that she feels smoother to watch"`. Her Overhead DM has gone back to how it was in 2001.
If the part about additional animation pans out that would be a nice revision. Since May Lee came out during that KoF period of animation limits I figured that was about as smooth as she was ever going to get.

kofoguz
677th Post

"Re(3):Update: New moves and cool art..." , posted Thu 29 Jan 19:58post reply

Ok, this week's update.

First of all, is it me or the art keeps getting better?
*Mai's new move
*Yashiro gets his HCB+P back. <3
*Clark gets charge punch back.
*Benimaru gets his DP+K back
*Maxima's new HDSM.
*They also sexed up, Robert, Maxima and Kim's HDSMs with tigers, missiles, beams and Phoenix effects.

Special Combo DVD

I'll leave the translations to the pros.

[sigtag][/sigtag]

Toxico
4647th Post

"Re(4):Update: New moves and cool art..." , posted Thu 29 Jan 23:03post reply

quote:
First of all, is it me or the art keeps getting better?

I'll leave the translations to the pros.

Not a big update, really. The update is pretty obvious by itself. First they speak of 'new' moves to the saga, then they speak of moves that where taken out from the original 02 and made now a comeback; and lastly they speak of moves that work exactly the same, but have added visual effects. They mainly just tell you to look foward to new things (and most of us have known most of this since those public exhibits ).

Of course, they won't go indepth on who has what new. Or who is on top of who, for the matter.

OT, I have this hidden marvelous hopes that, since Ryo has 2 new MAX2 moves, they end up being the 'Kuroko Ranbu's' from old. In that aspect, there is still one month left to confirm my dissapointment.

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・
Last updated : 28/01/09 (96 personajes)

Amuro Rei
64th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(5):Update: New moves and cool art..." , posted Fri 30 Jan 00:26post reply

quote:

OT, I have this hidden marvelous hopes that, since Ryo has 2 new MAX2 moves, they end up being the 'Kuroko Ranbu's' from old. In that aspect, there is still one month left to confirm my dissapointment.

Hey...that would be Awesome Toxininja, becouse "Luis Miguel" needs more style XD

Toxico
4660th Post

"Update" , posted Fri 6 Feb 09:18:post reply

yama very cool.

yaga bunch of strippers.

neo geo doc

Incomplete, choppy & stupid translation. And you can see some more cameos.

Jhun, based on 2000; has his ubber crap MAX2 from nowave, supercancels seems to be the same from 2000's counter mode. air stomp deals less damage.

Lin is based on 2000, with some 2001 moves incorporated, MAX2 is the dokoshou poison move (predictalbe & crappy idea :P). It seems that the only move that was dropped was his senshu ryu geki alike MAX from 2001. Has many adjusments that I don't care to list :P but will try out once the game is out.

Shingo is based on 2001, his MAX2 is Kyo's kamikura (神塵), added "真吾謹製・オレ式・神塵" move and many tweaks.

Normal nana

Million might bash and MAX million bash stream added from 98, improvement on speed / usage “リグレットバッシュ(→+弱P)” and on max2

Normal shermie

Shermie's stand (→+弱K) now only hits once (the second one) and as such, works better on combos. Inazuma MAX2 improved; can't really read the rest

Normal curisu

MAX2 changed as seen in the trailer (it actually has a 'field' that needs to hit; in order to freeze the enemy), overal damage increased & other tweaks.

Awakened nana

Added a new move, similar to daimon's quake, “弱おどるだいち“や“ハルマゲドン“ are quicker and meant to be comboed. The second one is the MAX2, the first one I don't know

Awakened shermie

Added a new move じんらい(ЖИНРАЙ) similar to robert -> + A, Added another move that たけるみかづち(ТАКЭРУ МЙКАЖУТЙ) momentarily stuns the enemy

Awakened curisu

new stance standing; added new move, だいちをくらうごうか(ДАЙЧИ О КУРАУ ГОУКА) ; a very slow fireball meant to attack or defend yourself. weak upper has better invincibility window. MAX2 works a little diferently now, I think it says that is faster overall.

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・

[this message was edited by Toxico on Fri 6 Feb 09:27]

Gojira
2505th Post

"Re(1):Update" , posted Fri 6 Feb 11:09post reply

quote:
yaga bunch of strippers.

HOSAKA BUTTON UP YOUR DAMN SHIRT

shipoopi

karasu99
62th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(2):Update" , posted Fri 6 Feb 14:35post reply

quote:
yaga bunch of strippers.

HOSAKA BUTTON UP YOUR DAMN SHIRT

Did anyone ever decide on who the artist is? While I love the character portraits, I have to say-- he just loves to show the most chiseled six pack abs at every possible opportunity-- to the point of having Iori unbutton his shirt. Maybe it's just the beer talking, but it seems a little silly.

So now we can see how they'll possibly reveal all the portraits by the game's release date, no?

Iggy
8830th Post

"Re(1):Update" , posted Fri 6 Feb 18:19post reply

Every character seems to have been so powered up I went from "excitement" to "worry" to "whatever".
I think the "whatever" approach is the one NGHakase's team has chosen. Since the game won't be playable in the arcades or online, the presence of one, or several, balance breakers won't be that much of a problem. Or maybe they want to create as many broken characters as possible, to make the game SNKP's take on MvC2 ? Lin's Senshurakkansatsu being a normal super and not his MAX2 seems to indicate this. Also, I don't see the point to add a close-range move to Orochi Shermie, but then most KOF don't even understand the idea of "keeping a clear concept of each character".

Toxico
4663th Post

"Neo update with Upcoming events" , posted Sat 7 Feb 08:58:post reply

Haven't read it I'm going out now :P

掲載 -> seems to be another public exposure of the game.

quote:
Every character seems to have been so powered up I went from "excitement" to "worry" to "whatever".
I think the "whatever" approach is the one NGHakase's team has chosen.

Since early on, it was easily notizable that they where aiming for something like "be all that you can be" for every character. And something like "I doesn't matter as long as it's good".

Making everyone cheap is not a way to balance a game. Then again, even if tiers become Kôrin alike overpowered crap; the game might still be funnier to play than 2002, or 98UM, but it will be hard to 'take it seriously'; and as such make huge, detailed appreciation posts something like 15 years from now would not be something likely .

You saw it first here .

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・

[this message was edited by Toxico on Sat 7 Feb 09:02]

Gojira
2506th Post

"Re(3):Update" , posted Sat 7 Feb 13:08post reply

quote:
Did anyone ever decide on who the artist is?

I believe it's the same one that did the Wild Ambition art.

shipoopi

Iggy
8832th Post

"Re(3):Update" , posted Sat 7 Feb 21:05post reply

quote:

Hiroaki ?

Toxico
4663th Post

"Re(4):Update" , posted Sun 8 Feb 02:13post reply

quote:
Hiroaki ?

Use cntrl + F on the thread with Hiroaki and realize your weakness.

related and actually usefull

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・

karasu99
63th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(5):Update" , posted Sun 8 Feb 02:32post reply

quote:

Use cntrl + F on the thread with Hiroaki and realize your weakness.

And it was even me!!! Intoxication, you have brought shame upon me yet again.

Ishmael
3395th Post

"Re(2):Update" , posted Sun 8 Feb 05:55post reply

quote:
Also, I don't see the point to add a close-range move to Orochi Shermie, but then most KOF don't even understand the idea of "keeping a clear concept of each character".

The longer a character stays in KoF, the more weird things they have tacked onto them until the entire cast is stuffed with random, albeit oddly similiar, moves. It's much like how over the years a person will start to resemble their spouse or their dog.

Hmm, these last few posts have made me concerned about what sort of balance this remix is going to have. With a roster that stretches off into the horizon I wasn't expecting the balance to be perfect but now I'm wondering if SNKP is concerning themselves in the least with it. Oh well, all I can do now is hope that the game turns out to be fun no matter what it ends up playing like. Since it's impossible to say if Toxico or one of his disciples will post a memorial thread to 02UM at some point in the distant future it's probably best not to hope for too much from 02UM before it's even released.

kofoguz
682th Post

"Re(3):Update" , posted Sun 8 Feb 19:40:post reply

quote:
Also, I don't see the point to add a close-range move to Orochi Shermie, but then most KOF don't even understand the idea of "keeping a clear concept of each character".

A similar move added to Benimaru -in KoFXII-, either they want to point out the similarities (in a eyegougingway), or they didnt want to move to go waste. LOL. I dont know.

[sigtag][/sigtag]

[this message was edited by kofoguz on Sun 8 Feb 19:41]

Toxico
4666th Post

"New Article" , posted Mon 9 Feb 02:41:post reply

New Korean article with several pics. happens to be here, found at oloshinaji.

We can see many pics that haven't been disclousered yet, like the entire normal cast + bosses select portraits (all clones have different pics ); or Kensou, Ramon or some bosses victory screens (Ramon's pic actually bringed me to my knees, in an adoring fashion; something that haven't really happened since seeing the Suija action card in DS, some years ago).

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・

[this message was edited by Toxico on Mon 9 Feb 02:43]

Ishmael
3396th Post

"Re(1):New Article" , posted Tue 10 Feb 02:15post reply

That's quite the cast, but are there still six characters that have yet to be divulged? Has any information been listed for who is filling out the rest of the roster or is SNKP keeping the triumphant return of the Sports team a secret until the last possible moment?

Toxico
4668th Post

"Re(2):New Article" , posted Tue 10 Feb 02:45post reply

quote:
That's quite the cast, but are there still six characters that have yet to be divulged?

Exactly, that's the entire regular cast + bosses, but hidden characters haven't been truly confirmed, and have only been hinted at by shades on the trailers or shades showing up upon game clear at the pseudo-beta events. From those 6 shades, there is one character of which there is no suspition off. Also, Considering NG's blog word, that character will be a 'huge' surprise for everyone.

If that one isn't Mizoguchi, Ron, Kuroko or Syo Kirishima, I will be disapointed.

Here is the current, sane shadow guessing game, made by KoF union some time ago

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・

NeoPenny
17th Post

New Customer

"Re(3):New Article" , posted Tue 10 Feb 07:43post reply

can anyone translate what's being said here:

http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/official/kof2002um/event/index.html

karasu99
64th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(3):New Article" , posted Tue 10 Feb 08:09post reply

quote:
If that one isn't Syo Kirishima, I will be disapointed.

SECONDED.

I have become a little jaded on the game lately. I think it's simply part of the 6 stages of game anticipation. But it's seeming more and more like a 'cram it all in' approach, which is oftentimes not as fun as would be expected (strangely enough '98 seemed like this to me when it was first announced).

chazumaru
656th Post

"Re(3):New Article" , posted Tue 10 Feb 09:17post reply

quote:
If that one isn't Mizoguchi, Ron, Kuroko or Syo Kirishima Miss X, I will be disapointed.

Regarding the guy on the left of Robert in the "hidden characters" animated picture, and considering all the NESTS guys have been uncovered, the only SNK character I can see with a similar body mass and this type of pants is Todô from Ryûko/AOF.

IT'S THE BLACK PUDDING!

kofoguz
682th Post

"Re(3):New Article" , posted Tue 10 Feb 09:27post reply

quote:
Also, Considering NG's blog word, that character will be a 'huge' surprise for everyone.

Sorry but I insist that is the old guy who killed by Igniz in final.

[sigtag][/sigtag]

Iggy
8834th Post

"Re(4):New Article" , posted Tue 10 Feb 17:55post reply

quote:
Regarding the guy on the left of Robert in the "hidden characters" animated picture, and considering all the NESTS guys have been uncovered, the only SNK character I can see with a similar body mass and this type of pants is Todô from Ryûko/AOF.

This is indeed the only character with a hakama I can think of, but I don't see him in this position... Other possibilities include the NESTS grandpa or Sugoi Otoko.
Oh, but course, we are going to end up with Ura Geese. Again.

Iggy
8836th Post

"OST Tracklist" , posted Tue 10 Feb 23:24:post reply

Identified themes between brackets.

DISC1
01: Scarlet Cross
02: Cicatrix
03: Decision of Fate
04: Celebratory Drink
05: Accident!
06: Spider String
07: Return Match
08: ESAKA!! (Kyô team)
09: Sun Shine Glory (Garô team)
10: ART OF FIGHT ~龍虎とツバメ~ (Aof team)
11: DESERT REQUIEM ~Operation02UM~ (Ikari team)
12: サイコソルジャー ~Super Chinese Remix~ (Psycho team)
13: Destiny (Iori)
14: Soul Town ~Ver.Justice~ (Kim team)
15: Re:Bloody (Orochi)
16: butterfly emerges from chrysalis (Orochi team)
17: Masquerade (Women team)
18: Tranquilizer (97 team)

DISC2
01: KD-0079+ (99 team)
02: Undercover (Agent team)
03: SHINING・BRAVE! (Girls team)
04: In Spite of One's Age ~Ver.Immortal~ (Masters team)
05: アジア三国同盟 (Jhun team, oh my god risky music name)
06: 二律背反~Mutually Exclusive Dichotomy~ (Clone team)
07: Ж'(ジェープライム) (Nameless)
08: Diamond Dust (Kula)
09: Falling of The Nightingale (Foxy)
10: QT★@ngel (Angel)
11: Ground of Desire (Kryzalid)
12: Cutting Edge (Clone Zero)
13: Dark Gravitation (Original Zero)
14: Testament of Nests (Ignitz demo???)
15: Save The Universe (Ignitz)
16: Genocide (Rugal demo)
17: Unlimited R (Rugal)
18: LAST FEAST (Staff roll ???????)
19: Trash Head ~春一番~ (Goenitz)
20: ギースにマスタード (Geese)
21: R-bite (Bosô Iori/Leona????? Tôdô Ryûhaku?????)

Strange how Kula's team would be the only one to have separate themes, when even the Orochi and 97 would be unified... I suppose they will appear as semi-bosses, like in regular 02 ?

[this message was edited by Iggy on Tue 10 Feb 23:33]

NARUTO
3692th Post

"Re(5):New Article" , posted Wed 11 Feb 04:42post reply

quote:

This is indeed the only character with a hakama I can think of, but I don't see him in this position... Other possibilities include the NESTS grandpa or Sugoi Otoko.

Or maybe G-mantle...

Fortes fortuna juvat...

kofoguz
683th Post

"Re(5):New Article" , posted Wed 11 Feb 04:45post reply

quote:
Other possibilities include the NESTS grandpa or Sugoi Otoko.

Please not Again, dont dislike him but Two Geese is more than enough for me.

[sigtag][/sigtag]

Toxico
4670th Post

"Re(1):OST Tracklist" , posted Wed 11 Feb 15:06post reply

quote:

06: 二律背反~Mutually Exclusive Dichotomy~ (Clone team)
07: Ж'(ジェープライム) (Nameless)
08: Diamond Dust (Kula)
09: Falling of The Nightingale (Foxy)
10: QT★@ngel (Angel)
11: Ground of Desire (Kryzalid)
12: Cutting Edge (Clone Zero)
13: Dark Gravitation (Original Zero)
14: Testament of Nests (Ignitz demo???)
15: Save The Universe (Ignitz)
19: Trash Head ~春一番~ (Goenitz)
20: ギースにマスタード (Geese)

For what I can see and name wise; every NESTS boss and the NESTS team has new music, the only one that is close by name is slasher zero -> cutting edge. Of course, if they are remixes of the existing themes, I was hoping for them to have a more similar name (like for trash head or geese ni).

quote:

Triple asian aliance?

quote:

21: R-bite (Bosô Iori/Leona????? Tôdô Ryûhaku?????)

It's funny how almost every board across the english speaking world, is already spreading rumors that Todoh is in. You must post that Naked apron Miss X might be a cameo or a character in the game.

Aren't the Bosô already in? Leona via command, and Iori in his MAX2 and SDM (it must have a special pic :P).

quote:

can anyone translate what's being said here:

http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/official/kof2002um/event/index.html

Obviously, It's a notice detailing where and when will be the next public exposures of the game (I think the second one is the same as the release date, while the first one is 3 days away).

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・

Iggy
8836th Post

"Re(2):OST Tracklist" , posted Wed 11 Feb 19:11post reply

quote:
I was hoping for them to have a more similar name (like for trash head or geese ni).

Well, most of these are suppositions... But I find the idea of haruichiban being Goenitz's theme extremely funny when you think of whom the word refers to in Street Fighter.

quote:

Triple asian aliance?

It is dangerously close to some of the concepts Japan created in the 30' to justify their invasion of every country in the vicinity. But maybe I'm just ill-minded.

quote:
Aren't the Bosô already in? Leona via command, and Iori in his MAX2 and SDM (it must have a special pic :P).

Leona is, but Iori ? Do you mean just as an animation during his moves, or as a real separate character ?

Ikari Loona
242th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(3):OST Tracklist" , posted Wed 11 Feb 21:15post reply

quote:
Leona is, but Iori ? Do you mean just as an animation during his moves, or as a real separate character ?

I'm no fan of Iori, but it'd be pretty neat if 2KUM included that NGBC super based on the 96 ending where he tears Vice and Mature a new one, and let you actually use it on them.
If that involves adding a Riot version in this game or giving him a transformation move that cripples him in some way as with Leona, so be it.

I'd still prefer Todoh though.

"Beat the machine that works in your head!" - Guano Apes "Open Your Eyes"

karasu99
66th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(4):OST Tracklist" , posted Thu 12 Feb 02:04post reply

quote:

I'd still prefer Todoh though.

I was tempted to comment on that line in Iggy's translation, but... it's the flimsiest of information.

Still, Todoh senior would be a simple addition, given his presence in CvS2. I'm a little shocked he hasn't appeared in another game since then, honestly.

Toxico
4672th Post

"Re(3):OST Tracklist" , posted Thu 12 Feb 02:20:post reply

quote:

He is already in, during the of his moves, after all didn't Iori went キョォォォォ!! with white eyes on is MAX1, since more that I care to remember? (and in 02, he says that if the MAX2 move is used against Kyo).

I don't think the bosou are good enough to justify another character spot, I wouldn't like close character clones as hidden characters... Then again, sadly we all know that we are gonna get young Geese and old Geese; like it or not.

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・

[this message was edited by Toxico on Thu 12 Feb 02:23]

chazumaru
657th Post

"Re(5):New Article" , posted Thu 12 Feb 06:15post reply

quote:

I was as pessimistic as you until I noticed the pose of the hidden character. He is showing his biceps, Hulk Hogan-like. I don't think any Geese sprite ever used that pose.

quote:
Still, Todoh senior would be a simple addition, given his presence in CvS2.

That sprite belongs to Capcom.

Which makes me think... I would be surprised if they created an entirely new character (isn't Nameles re-using several animations from K9999?) just for that remake. Then again, it could be that the character in question was started/created for KOF XI and could not be used in the end (like Hugo in the first Street Fighter III).

IT'S THE BLACK PUDDING!

karasu99
67th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(6):New Article" , posted Thu 12 Feb 06:31post reply

quote:

He is showing his biceps, Hulk Hogan-like.

Muscle Power then?

kofoguz
684th Post

"Re(6):New Article" , posted Thu 12 Feb 09:43post reply

quote:

Which makes me think... I would be surprised if they created an entirely new character (isn't Nameles re-using several animations from K9999?) just for that remake. Then again, it could be that the character in question was started/created for KOF XI and could not be used in the end (like Hugo in the first Street Fighter III).

Who? Care to explain this more. I never heard this one and I would like to learn more.

[sigtag][/sigtag]

Toxico
4673th Post

"Re(7):New Article" , posted Thu 12 Feb 10:02:post reply

quote:

Who? Care to explain this more. I never heard this one and I would like to learn more.

He is not stating that there it will be a character that 'failed' to being developed before. He is supposing that it could be so (and as such, there is no evidence on 'who').

My current, easy to fulfil hope by the game is to see more cameos from rare snk titles (like WH or Fuu'un ken). However, they already pissed me off by taking down the Neo Geegus statue from the Greece stage (oh, wait, that was in Italy, but I'm still pissed off )

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・

[this message was edited by Toxico on Thu 12 Feb 10:05]

Iggy
8837th Post

"Re(6):New Article" , posted Thu 12 Feb 18:23post reply

quote:
He is showing his biceps, Hulk Hogan-like. I don't think any Geese sprite ever used that pose.

Is he ? I see him crossing his arms, fingers extended... A little bit like geese after a shinkûnage...

quote:
That sprite belongs to Capcom.
Hugo's sprite also belonged to Capcom, yet tracing did wonders in SvC... But still, that would be strange.

quote:
Then again, it could be that the character in question was started/created for KOF XI and could not be used in the end

Or maybe they had already started to draw the NESTS grandpa before the bankruptcy?

Toxico
4675th Post

"update" , posted Thu 12 Feb 18:48:post reply

quote:
Or maybe they had already started to draw the NESTS grandpa before the bankruptcy?

The only uncompleted characters from 2k1 that I know of where Advanced Krizalid and Ron. Both's are present as 'sound only' within the Rom of the game (hence, my firsts hopes for the UM game where those 2). There it was a stupid rumor about Shishiôh being in 2k1, but there is nothing really that I recall, that confirms it.

Dr neo team analysis. I would translate, but currently Heavy Rasputin write up > your mother >= naked young art stundets > kof.

nesutsu

agento

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・

[this message was edited by Toxico on Thu 12 Feb 18:49]

NARUTO
3693th Post

"Re(7):New Article" , posted Thu 12 Feb 19:06post reply

quote:

Yup it was there is even a battle Intro sprite of him...Then eolith goes horibly wrong and screwded up with Ignis...

http://www.mmcafe.com/cgi-bin/imageboard/file/1234433145.jpg

Fortes fortuna juvat...

Iggy
8839th Post

"Re(1):update" , posted Thu 12 Feb 19:36:post reply

quote:
Heavy Rasputin write up > your mother >= naked young art stundets > kof.
If you had wanted me to volunteer for this work, you couldn't have found a better excuse. Go, Rasputin ! go !

Yamazaki has a new move, where he steps back before delivering a few heavy blows. Causes wire damage when counter hit, "but is too slow to allow easy follow-up" (???). When guarded, this moves depletes 33% of the opponent's guard gauge (if done with the weak button) or 100% (if with the strong). That's worrying: Chin has something like that, but he needed that pretty badly. Yamazaki, on the other hand...
Overhead hebitsukai is faster, and the low one downs. The Guillotine's window is wider, so it hits fully when catching a jumping opponent (did he really need all this ?)

Mary
2 new moves and a new MAX2. The moves come from RBSP, stun fang and spin heel attack (?). The MAX2, M.Infinity Rose, does a straight slicer, then several throws.
The M.Typhoon (her old MAX2) is now a regular super.
Her real counter is invincible on start, strong vertical arrow has more invincibility, and can be super canceled.

Billy
Has a feint version of his Suzume otoshi: Billy extends his weapon, but retracts it immediately and creates an explosion instead.
His MAX2 now hits immediatly, and his forward+P has been nerfed.

Iori
Has his 99 super, and new animation for his MAX2. His far SK is faster, the Oniyaki has more invincibility. His command throw has less invincibility, the saika deals less damage. He also has all his vs Kyô animations from 99 to 01, under special conditions.

Mature
Several of her moves have changed. Despair can be used in air. Weak Decide tears the opponent closer, and can be canceled by any special or super move (except another Decide). Her far SP is like in 96, hit twice, and each hit can be canceled. Finally, her MAX2, ECSTASY816, is faster and chains with a strong attack.

Vice
Her MAX2, Overkill, is now a regular super. Her new super, Cannibal Corpse, is... a moving counter move?
By the way, all super, MAX and MAX2 counter moves are now faster and make it easier to catch the opponent. Her far SP is faster, and Outrage can be supercanceled.

Vanessa
Her MAX2 is even more alike Rick's super. The 2nd hit of the One-Two puncher can be canceled, but the crouching SK can't. The Machinegun Puncher doesn't knock out as much. Weak dash puncher is slower.

Seth
his 4 air moves are back, faster, and can all be dococanceled. Several special moves can be canceled with a tackle. Overall, he is much closer to his 2000 self.

Ramon
Can do new stuff with his flying attacks. the MAX2, Hypnotic Tiger, is faster and combos with a strong attack. Generally, his moves are easier to chain, but his normal attacks are now weaker.

Next time, NEST, master and clone teams.

ALSO, NGHakase plays Ryûkô Gaiden, specifically with Sugoi otoko. Hint ???

[this message was edited by Iggy on Thu 12 Feb 19:38]

chazumaru
659th Post

"Re(2):update" , posted Fri 13 Feb 00:51post reply

quote:
Is he ? I see him crossing his arms, fingers extended... A little bit like geese after a shinkûnage...

That was my first impression as well but if you look carefully at the other hidden characters and analyze which part the mystery character should "cover", it cannot be the pose you describe. He has to be pumping his biceps (or at least one of them, on the side close to Robert's sprite).

quote:

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I mean, whichever character we speculate on, we are talking about a new character for KOF. I am also counting Todô as a "new character" here. They would need to draw the character and all his animations from scratch. Of course they could trace an existing palette of animations (specifically CVS2 Todô), but I do not see them do that for Todô without any involvement from Capcom. Furthermore, tracing remains a significant amount of work for a character which has never been part of the promotion and was cleared added "because we have the time so let's do this extra effort".

This is why I am a bit doubtful about Todô (or Sugoi Otoko). I would rather see a returning character from an earlier KOF (or one of the later SNK games such as SVC Chaos, NGBC, MOTW...).

However, it could also be that this character's sprite was started for another project but was not included in the end. I don't remember exactly which characters of KOF XI were exclusive to PS2 and which were already there in the arcades, but quite a lot of new sprites were created. We can imagine that the remaining secret character was planned to be included in KOF XI (or NGBC) then ultimately scrapped. This would mean SNKP already had a basis to work on. This means the amount of effort wasn't so menacing for the development team (+ they were probably frustrated not to include the character in the first game, possibly for time reasons).

This happened with Hugo in Street Fighter III. You can find bits of Hugo in the code of the original Street Fighter III New Generation even though he only officially appeared in Street Fighter III 2nd Impact Giant Attack.

Is my comment clearer to you now?

quote:

Mary
2 new moves and a new MAX2. The moves come from RBSP, stun fang and spin heel attack (?). The MAX2, M.Infinity Rose, does a straight slicer, then several throws.
The M.Typhoon (her old MAX2) is now a regular super.

I am not very familiar with Mary (or RBS in general) but I believe this gives her moves taken from Ura Mary of RBS, right?

IT'S THE BLACK PUDDING!

Toxico
4675th Post

"Re(3):update" , posted Fri 13 Feb 02:31post reply

quote:

I am not very familiar with Mary (or RBS in general)

And you are better like that Mary was kinda like... The only interesting character for RBS (The game was too simple for it's own good ). Stun fang was her stun gun follow up from the straight slicer (which made the cut for 98UM). I wonder if it will be an exclusive move of it's own, or a follow up to her slicer or her reversals (in RB her high counter would stun gun the enemy while they are headlocked, it looked very interesting and characteristic of the character; instead of her generic 'slam' counters from most KoFs).

None of her moves was called spin heel, but I assume that it's a new move name for her Real Bout Special version spin fall (which could score 3 times, and was more similar in usage to a Kuha dan or a crack shot, and had me pretty pissed of due to being missing from escalated Mary in 98UM; despise being accesible for escalated Mary in RB2).

Also, it doesn't help investigating about move names, when most of the FAQs out there don't use the official move names, and are, sometimes; written by people that isn't native to the lenguage and reading thier texts gives of a certain vibe of I don't speak nor english, nor japanese; like a certain Henry Moriariry out there

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・

karasu99
68th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(2):update" , posted Fri 13 Feb 05:22post reply

quote:

I am perhaps the most ignorant of ignorant individuals, but I am both only semi-familiar with Ryûkô Gaiden and 100% unfamiliar with who you mean by Sugoi otoko. Can someone enlighten me?

Toxico
4677th Post

"Re(3):update" , posted Fri 13 Feb 06:29post reply

quote:

I am perhaps the most ignorant of ignorant individuals, but I am both only semi-familiar with Ryûkô Gaiden and 100% unfamiliar with who you mean by Sugoi otoko. Can someone enlighten me?

"The greatest / terrific man", the only character that fills the bill is Karman Cole, as he is cool, charismatic and interesting to use (albet, a tad weak if you compare to the rest of the cheeze balls that are in the game).

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・

Iggy
8843th Post

"Re(4):update" , posted Fri 13 Feb 08:01post reply

quote:

TOXICO FAILS.
It's a Niconico meme.
It's the reason so many absurd Mugen movies with this character exist.

Toxico
4678th Post

"Re(5):update" , posted Fri 13 Feb 08:36post reply

quote:

TOXICO FAILS.
It's a Niconico meme.
It's the reason so many absurd Mugen movies with this character exist.

テェィィィィィィィーー I was thining on doing some nasty comment on Iggy's possible arabian sweat fetishes on my first post, but the proper manners inherited by a youth under a "classical education", prevented me from doing so...

···· It will be next time, perhaps?.

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・

Iggy
8844th Post

"Re(6):update" , posted Fri 13 Feb 08:43post reply

quote:
···· It will be next time, perhaps?.

The cellophane tape repels you ! The cellophane tape repels you ! The cellophane tape repels you !

Also, I'm working on Morrigan right now. It's hard to find positive stuff to write about her Savior 1 incarnation. But when I'm done, I will only have broken-Aulbath and poor Jedah ! Go me !

Iggy
8847th Post

"Re(7):update" , posted Sat 14 Feb 22:10:post reply

We're keeping this thread until the game is released, then?

Test report: No boss or hidden characters, so no answer to THE question. But many guest characters are in the backgrounds, Franco, Fuha, Hayate, Jisan, Sakata, Big Bear, Duck King, D!, Temujin, Carol, Jubei, Gatô, Tôdô, Kevin, Pailong, Jack, John...

The computer is less annoying than in 98, but uses everything, including MAX2. May be interesting. The MAX2 commands are much, much easier.

Lin, Foxy, Nameless win a lot.

(The hidden character is actually Guile from SvC Chaos and they will announce SvC Chaos UM)

End of Spoiler

[this message was edited by Iggy on Sat 14 Feb 22:17]

chazumaru
661th Post

"Re(8):update" , posted Sun 15 Feb 03:35post reply

quote:
Iggy's Spoiler

This would be so, so awesome. The great roster deserves it. SVC Chaos is the game that deserves an UM the most. Now that I think of it, I would really prefer such jobs made on failures than on titles which were already good to begin with.

quote:
But many guest characters are in the backgrounds

Oh well. I really wonder who it is now. I don't see the old guy from NESTS pumping his biceps like that. Unless the fist next to Robert does not belong to the Geese/Todô-lookalike shadow, but is rather another character on top of it (a boxer? Gai? I am confused). Those are the two things that trouble me most.

IT'S THE BLACK PUDDING!

Iggy
8847th Post

"Re(9):update" , posted Sun 15 Feb 03:52post reply

quote:
Those are the two things that trouble me most.

I think the big, long shadow actually belongs to Kryzalid (some kind of speed effect on a rushing move).

lots of pics and videos on Ruliweb. Lots of things to say, half "that looks good!" and half "what the hell is WRONG with you, Hakase!"

Toxico
4683th Post

"Re(8):update" , posted Sun 15 Feb 05:17:post reply

quote:
We're keeping this thread until the game is released, then?

To quote Terence Trent D'Arby's Atum.... YES YES YES. I also suspect that, once the game is out; we'll have 2 threads, one for the news and challenges, and this one to bent our irony.

emuzone, The first page has vids (dunno if they are ruliweb ones), then the rest are ingame pics. Taken from KoF Union

EDIT:
youtube has also been updated with those Ruliweb videos... It's nice to have an alternative source to snatch up the goods, says me.

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・

[this message was edited by Toxico on Sun 15 Feb 16:57]

Ishmael
3401th Post

"Re(9):update" , posted Tue 17 Feb 02:15post reply

Thanks for the videos. If there is one thing that will never change in match videos it's the obiligatory opening that features someone aimlessly scrolling around the character select screen for a minute or so. Make up your mind already!

One thing that I do hope changes is the apparent glitch where May Lee continues to happily stand around in her idle animation in spite of getting KO'ed by Nameless. Oh well, finding little problems like that is why these tests are held in the first place.

Speaking of out of place animation, that looping shimmy of Franco Bash is disturbingly distracting. Frano is making such a fuss that it looks as if there's not enough animation left over for poor Genma Saotome to get back on his feet.

Iggy
8849th Post

"Re(10):update" , posted Tue 17 Feb 03:55post reply

quote:
One thing that I do hope changes is the apparent glitch where May Lee continues to happily stand around in her idle animation in spite of getting KO'ed by Nameless. Oh well, finding little problems like that is why these tests are held in the first place.

The bug has been signaled to SNKP's, and they answered: "we were unable to reproduce this glitch".
So who knows. Maybe that was an old version. We don't know where these videos come from, after all.

Ishmael
3403th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):update" , posted Tue 17 Feb 06:02post reply

quote:

The bug has been signaled to SNKP's, and they answered: "we were unable to reproduce this glitch".
So who knows. Maybe that was an old version. We don't know where these videos come from, after all.

At least they admitted that the glitch might exist, which is a step in the right direction. I guess.

Man, this thread is huge.

Iggy
8850th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):update" , posted Thu 19 Feb 21:58post reply

NESTS, Master and Clone teams. New pictures. Has Shermie's jumping D been redrawn ? Do not like.

Kula: La cacola is faster, weak claw bite has longer invincibility, but her far weak kick has been nerfed, and the weak ray spin isn't invincible on start anymore.

Foxy
A new super, Schroedinger's cat, where she uses NEST's flag. Lots of nerfs, Prenilnium (?) and Noa's memory are slower, the tree of knowledge has slower recovery when guarded, and the jump CD is weaker. Will that be enough ?

Angel
The Royality is now a regular super and can be done out of an unchain circle. The MAX2, Survivor's Banquet, can also be done normally, but only when the opponent is down. It deals huge damage, but has a very tiny input window.

Dern is back to hiss pre-2001 hold command self. The neck rolling is now a throw, and the strong moon slasher has less invincibility and is slower.

Takuma
A new move that seems quite versatile. his MAX2 has been redone, and the shin kishingeki is a 1 frame throw.

Chin
A new move, projectile mirror with his gourd. Can also be used as an antiair. Like if Chin had any use for this. They don't understand the character. MEEEH.
On the other hand, a new super that allows to store 5 gauges of alcohol. I'm not sure, but eh, why not. The MAX2 can be controlled from the very start. Oh well, 02 Chin was so just perfect, at least they didn't ruin him.

Kusanagi
New super (looks like Syo's striker move in 99Evo). Yamibarai is faster, forward+strong kick's first hit is cancellable.

Kyo1
New UGLY super, with two different strengths. Very useful, but UGLY AS HELL. some tweaks, new cancel points and better normals.

Kyo2
A new move, antiair. the RED kick can his a crouching opponent. Small jump strong kick is a better crossup.

Toxico
4686th Post

"Re(4):Re(10):update" , posted Fri 20 Feb 00:25:post reply

Failure to provide links, as well as beating me to it made me a sad monkey. Hopely, this will be the last update until the game is out (8 days more?) when, finally & miraculously; a new thread will arise.

gramps

happy triplets family

the new in game screens

Dr neo

quote:

Has Shermie's jumping D been redrawn ? Do not like.

It seems so, and yes, it's uglier

quote:

Kula: La cacola is faster, weak crow bite has longer invincibility, but her far weak kick has been nerfed

ラ☆カチョーラ Couldn't this romanized as La ☆ cacho(r)ra? I always assumed that, since cachorra == pussycat (supanisu -> engrish), and that's written on Kula's back

quote:

Foxy
A new super, Schroedinger's cat, where she uses NEST's flag. Lots of nerfs, Prenilnium (?). Will that be enough ?

Yes, I think is prenilnium, the US game move list translates the move with Atmosphere of Yearning. And no, I don't think that would be enough, most of her invincibility moves kept that feature, based on Dr's log comments.

quote:

Angel
The Royality is now a regular super and can be done out of an unchain circle.

Free unblockables

quote:

Chin
A new move, projectile mirror with his gourd. Can also be used as an antiair. Like if Chin had any use for this. They don't understand the character. MEEEH.

Isn't this move a nod to Haohmaru? Ironically, it wasn't something that Haoh really needed as well

quote:

Kusanagi
New super (looks like Syo's striker move in 99Evo). Yamibarai is faster, forward+weak kick's first hit is cancellable.

It's also the 2000 striker action for Syo? (V slasher type of cheapness, for those that don't recall). The fun part is that, since Syo and Kanedanagi have the same voice, even the audio for the move can be copipe-ed

quote:

Kyo1
New UGLY super, with two different strengths. Very useful, but UGLY AS HELL. some tweaks, new cancel points and better normals.

It was similar to a double reppuken, if I recall? Well, anything goes with these, it seems.

EDIT 1 : err, didn't the blog said that they'll review the rest of the cast as well? First the bosses, and then the 6 remaining ones. They will also aim to do this after the game is out.

EDIT 2 : Also, these team batch have som short, incredibly generic storylines added:

Nests : Foxy was uneasy about Nameless and decided to join the fray as a team, even though they don't quite fit with Angel. Foxy is using "we are joinning the clone team's mission" as an excuse.

Masters : Heidern decided to join forces to check on Nests activities, and he used the story of "let's check on our pupil's growth by beating them up" to assemble the team.

Clone : The tournament is a PR / Beta field to check the project's progress. They where sent by the top brass... I hope they'll become a musical band, a comedy act or something, in their ending

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・
Last updated : 17/02/09 (98 personajes)

[this message was edited by Toxico on Fri 20 Feb 01:15]

Ishmael
3406th Post

"Re(4):Re(10):update" , posted Fri 20 Feb 00:34post reply

Thanks for the update info Iggy. The changes to Angel strike me as a bit odd. I thought her main selling point was that her gameplay was built around linking moves together. Will making her supers avaliable normally make her any more appealing to those who were intimidated by her high learning curve? Or will it simply annoy the players who have already taken the time to figure out how to play her?

Iggy
8852th Post

"Re(5):Re(10):update" , posted Fri 20 Feb 01:31post reply

quote:
I always assumed that, since cachorra == pussycat (supanisu -> engrish), and that's written on Kula's back
I suppose so ? I don't care enough about Kula or spanish to check.

quote:
Isn't this move a nod to Haohmaru? Ironically, it wasn't something that Haoh really needed as well

HA! I didn't thought about that. I suppose someone with a better connexion should check if both moves share the same name.

quote:
It was similar to a double reppuken, if I recall? Well, anything goes with these, it seems.
Kyo1's new super? He just punches the ground to make a sort of super projectile. Can hit downed opponents, weak one chains with quick attacks, strong one stuns longer. But it's really some very ugly average mugen-copipe work, and the usual "kurae" voice for a MAX2 is just WEAK.

Toxico
4686th Post

"Re(6):Re(10):update" , posted Fri 20 Feb 02:08post reply

quote:

Will making her supers avaliable normally make her any more appealing to those who were intimidated by her high learning curve?

This idea was actually in the original 2002 beta test, but didn't made it to the final version, I suppose it's a nod to that.

quote:

HA! I didn't thought about that. I suppose someone with a better connexion should check if both moves share the same name.

Haohmaru : 酒攻撃(「酒瓶打ち」とも)
Gentsai : 転地酔八仙撃
They don't really translate alike.

quote:

I suppose so ? I don't care enough about Kula or spanish to check.

I'll bite your hair off while you sleep, monsieur. I'll spare / save your insides for later

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・

Iggy
8853th Post

"Re(7):Re(10):update" , posted Fri 20 Feb 02:33post reply

quote:

Will making her supers avaliable normally make her any more appealing to those who were intimidated by her high learning curve?

The way they put it, the move that hits the ennemy on the ground is very hard to perform, so maybe it's aimed at people like me... I like her but I wasn't very good with her, so in 02 I just used her to store gauge for my next character.

quote:
Haohmaru : 酒攻撃(「酒瓶打ち」とも)
Gentsai : 転地酔八仙撃
They don't really translate alike.

Not a single character in common, except the "geki"... Oh well (and thanks).
quote:
I'll bite your hair off while you sleep, monsieur. I'll spare / save your insides for later
Unfortunately, my future spanish coworker might actually get a taste of that before you do.

Hum.

No, that wasn't supposed to sound like that.

Toxico
4688th Post

"Re(8):Re(10):update" , posted Fri 20 Feb 03:39:post reply

I didn't noticed this at first, but just as Nameless; some teams have (some very short) storylines, that usually explain their purposes or how they come to be together. Those are kyokugen, psycho soldier, pretty women, women, Jhun, nests, master & clone teams (aka, the 'rearranged teams'). They can be seen in the team analysis section (It's the greyed out text in the team analysis sections on NG's blog).

Jhun wanted to prove that he is a better team leader, with a better team; and thus he named the team "Jhun team", because he didn't wanted to be 'less' than Kim with his "Kim team"... the other two weren't aware of this (haha). Oh yeah, and it seems like Shingo kinda fears Lin (even though they 'worked' together before), and Lin doesn't really care about the team, he only focuses on finding Ron (oh, surprise).

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・

[this message was edited by Toxico on Fri 20 Feb 03:42]

Spoon
1731th Post

"Re(9):Re(10):update" , posted Fri 20 Feb 09:42post reply

quote:
I didn't noticed this at first, but just as Nameless; some teams have (some very short) storylines, that usually explain their purposes or how they come to be together. Those are kyokugen, psycho soldier, pretty women, women, Jhun, nests, master & clone teams (aka, the 'rearranged teams'). They can be seen in the team analysis section (It's the greyed out text in the team analysis sections on NG's blog).

Jhun wanted to prove that he is a better team leader, with a better team; and thus he named the team "Jhun team", because he didn't wanted to be 'less' than Kim with his "Kim team"... the other two weren't aware of this (haha). Oh yeah, and it seems like Shingo kinda fears Lin (even though they 'worked' together before), and Lin doesn't really care about the team, he only focuses on finding Ron (oh, surprise).

I hope that when they release the game in the US, they rename Jhun to John like they have in the web address.

karasu99
75th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(4):Re(10):update" , posted Sat 21 Feb 05:25post reply

quote:

Dern is back to hiss pre-2001 hold command self. The neck rolling is now a throw, and the strong moon slasher has less invincibility and is slower.

Uh oh. I hope this doesn't mean we'll get Ura Heidern along with Ura Geese.

Iggy
8855th Post

"Re(5):Re(10):update" , posted Sat 21 Feb 06:15post reply

quote:

That was one of the possibilities, but they specifically say "even though only command Heidern appeared in the NESTS saga, not hold Heidern, we're not going that way, thank you". Or something like that.

KOF 2001 is really an interesting game to study, if not to play. Foxy was so out there that she hid quite a lot of slightly less broken characters (May Lee, Heidern, Benimaru, Lin..) who alone could have brought entire KOF castings to their knees.

Toxico
4689th Post

"Re(6):Re(10):update" , posted Sat 21 Feb 07:23post reply

quote:

That was one of the possibilities, but they specifically say "even though only command Heidern appeared in the NESTS saga, not hold Heidern, we're not going that way, thank you". Or something like that.

Well, even though his moves are performed differently, he is still based on 2001 Heidern (the blog says so); that would mean that most combos, recoveries, super cancel and such will be like in 2001. Since he is actually a mixture of his 2 post 95 personas, there is no point nor any logic to have him as a normal + EX character (specially since he can have certain access to chargeless moves in MAX mode, like he did in 01)). Now, let's hope that he doesn't end up like Krauser, who should have been split in 2 characters for his UM game, instead of adding all the cheese to a single entity.

....I'm starting to have this gut feeling that the last hidden character will be someone that everyone will hate and disaprove, like Ash or Maki Kagura

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・

karasu99
76th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(7):Re(10):update" , posted Sat 21 Feb 09:11post reply

quote:

Since he is actually a mixture of his 2 post 95 personas, there is no point nor any logic to have him as a normal + EX character (specially since he can have certain access to chargeless moves in MAX mode, like he did in 01)).

I was more kidding than anything, really. And I will admit that in most cases I actually enjoy having the EX characters in '98UM. Plus I'm happy to hear that the Heidern in '02UM will be more like the one I prefer.

quote:

....I'm starting to have this gut feeling that the last hidden character will be someone that everyone will hate and disaprove, like Ash or Maki Kagura

I'm still fanning the tiny flame in my heart that hopes it will be Syo, even though there is almost no reason why it would be him. But I'm prepared to be let down, at least on some level, when it turns out to be someone not as surprising as they've been making it sound like it will be.

Iggy
8861th Post

"Re(1):KoF2k2UM thread" , posted Tue 24 Feb 03:39post reply

I just saw noticed something in KOF 2001 : could that mean they wanted to add Krizalid and Ron as hidden characters ?

That would have been fun... And maybe they drew more frames for Ron than those present in the game. And maybe, just maybe, R could be Ron... ?

I don't know which one I would rather play : 02UM with Ron, or the 01 SNK could have done if they hadn't been dead.

Toxico
4693th Post

"Re(2):KoF2k2UM thread" , posted Tue 24 Feb 04:12:post reply

quote:
I just saw noticed something in KOF 2001 : could that mean they wanted to add Krizalid and Ron as hidden characters ?

That would have been fun... And maybe they drew more frames for Ron than those present in the game. And maybe, just maybe, R could be Ron... ?

4 days more to go (I say this, but usually 'international versions' are leaked earlier).... Then again I don't expect to touch the game anywhere near it's release day, nor I am thinking that I could clear every challenge within 1 day (I am already foreseeing impossible doko cancel combos with characters that I don't care to practice with). Well, most likely someone will use an utility and will rip every sprite from the game, or do a cheat save with everything unlocked.

Quoting myself :

quote:

The only uncompleted characters from 2k1 that I know of where Advanced Krizalid (as in, not the "same" Krizalid sprite that the one from 99) and Ron. Both are present as 'sound only' within the Rom of the game (hence, my firsts hopes for the UM game where those 2).

I wish I could rip those sounds, and as such I could use things like 「憐れ、弱き者たちよ」 when my system shuts down.

Oh, and yes, you should stop faking those orgasms.

EDIT : Oh, and yes, I remember that there where a lot of people who used to play around with the modded bios back in the day (like, Kao Megura, Deuce, and me :P). There is a FAQ out there that list many hidden things within the game (and even explains how to get there, if you have access to a moded bios machine... or, well the other way).

Within those hidden sprites, I don't remember seeing in game sprites for Ron and Krizalid.... I didn't searched on the victory art or screen select art (those small pics that are posted are from the character select screen).

Well, there are some interestings thing out there (like, a 'sprite' for the name tag Jinju instead of the 'sprite' for the name tag May Lee).

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・

[this message was edited by Toxico on Tue 24 Feb 04:33]

NARUTO
3694th Post

"Re(2):KoF2k2UM thread" , posted Tue 24 Feb 20:21post reply

quote:

I don't know which one I would rather play : 02UM with Ron, or the 01 SNK could have done if they hadn't been dead.

1st it seems that your link is dead...

2nd: Well I get enough of this... WHY DO THE HELL ARE YOU CALLING RON ???? IT'S LON WITH AN L!!!!! (or Long with a G at the end)
Lon's name is written with a Kanji for Dragon, the same (Fu**ing) Kanji you have in Duo Lon or Xiao Lon. SO Why do the Hell peoples are clever enough to use an L in the name of those two,but not clever enough to use a R for Lon?? No offence Papa mono or Iggy, it's nothing agaisnt you, But I hate when peoples us that SNK USA misstranslation crap.

You know Shen Long form SF, it's the same Kanji, and once again NO R in it!!!

And besides Papa mono, each time someone calls him long, one monkey of your army dies and Jaja is creating a new Juna clone....

Fortes fortuna juvat...

Count Hihihi
171th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):KoF2k2UM thread" , posted Tue 24 Feb 22:38post reply

Ron

Kotaku Ono and the Fanboy spirit.

Toxico
4693th Post

"Re(3):KoF2k2UM thread" , posted Wed 25 Feb 00:58post reply

quote:
WHY DO THE HELL ARE YOU CALLING RON ????

Due to the same reason that people doesn't use Haoumaru, nor Makishima. The game tells you to.

And is funny that you use Shen Long as your example; because that was a US capcom missread of "shô ryû ken" (昇龍拳〔しょうりゅうけん〕). "You must overcome the shoryuken to beat me" vs "you must overcome shen long to beat me", I think that this was even corrected later in one of the home versions. At least SNK didn't miss translated it when they used a similar frase in AoF 1

quote:

I hate when peoples use that SNK USA misstranslation crap.

As far as I know, SNK usa has never translated anything. They are all made at home, before the game is released (This has been referenced before, like; when SSzero was released)... That doesn't made them any less accurated or choppy.

Of course SNK usa says that they translate, they also say that baseball star 2 and garou 2 are almost finished, among many others 'bag of air' statements.

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・

NARUTO
3695th Post

"Re(4):KoF2k2UM thread" , posted Wed 25 Feb 01:49post reply

quote:
WHY DO THE HELL ARE YOU CALLING RON ????

Due to the same reason that people doesn't use Haoumaru, nor Makishima. The game tells you to.
Where? as I said the Japan version always refer to Him as Long in KAnji only the US version du misstranslate it a Ron. And somehow Stupid when As I said the same kanji is well translated as Lon when it comes for Duo Lon & Co.

quote:
As far as I know, SNK usa has never translated anything. They are all made at home, before the game is released (This has been referenced before, like; when SSzero was released)... That doesn't made them any less accurated or choppy.

Of course SNK usa says that they translate, they also say that baseball star 2 and garou 2 are almost finished, among many others 'bag of air' statements.

Any way the Even if it's a Japanese Engrish, it's wierd that SNKP didn't correct it then after the Duo Lon/Xiao Lon existance... The Ron shit started with the KOF aniversary site with all characters bio a it, and it was NSKP USA who did the English part...And Used an R as an L...

Thanks to Count hihihi you have 1 monkey dead and one Juna clone is born... Jaja devil plan is slowy running...

Fortes fortuna juvat...

Olivier Hague
124th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):KoF2k2UM thread" , posted Wed 25 Feb 06:46:post reply

quote:
I get enough of this... WHY DO THE HELL ARE YOU CALLING RON ???? IT'S LON WITH AN L!!!!! (or Long with a G at the end)
Lon's name is written with a Kanji for Dragon, the same (Fu**ing) Kanji you have in Duo Lon or Xiao Lon. SO Why do the Hell peoples are clever enough to use an L in the name of those two,but not clever enough to use a R for Lon??

There's actually an official explanation for that one.

(and it's not the same kanji as in "Duo Lon")

[this message was edited by Olivier Hague on Wed 25 Feb 06:49]

Iggy
8862th Post

"Re(5):KoF2k2UM thread" , posted Wed 25 Feb 07:21post reply

The game is out. The last challenges are crazy: create a combo with ura Robert including 3 supers, stupid combo with Leona with 2 Qmax, stay 30 seconds in the air with Juhn, survive a Mitsubachi if you can't move, guard, jump or roll, beat geese and Goenitz (but you can only damage them when time is a multiple of 3)... We may not know the final character before tomorrow. This seems worse than KOFXI. I feel like katsudon right now.

Oh well.
Toxico, if you feel like it, feel free to build the next thread.

NARUTO
3696th Post

"Re(4):KoF2k2UM thread" , posted Thu 26 Feb 20:28post reply

quote:
There's actually an official explanation for that one.

(and it's not the same kanji as in "Duo Lon")

So Why do the official mook are still telling the opposite? Between Falcoon Stupidity and the Official mook From the "old" SNK (in which Lon is called this way, the chinise word fro dragon) My choice clearly doesn't go for the KOF MI creator....

Fortes fortuna juvat...

Olivier Hague
124th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(5):KoF2k2UM thread" , posted Fri 27 Feb 04:45post reply

quote:
Why do the official mook are still telling the opposite?

Maybe it do are being wrong? A possibility to consider.

quote:
Between Falcoon Stupidity and the Official mook From the "old" SNK (in which Lon is called this way, the chinise word fro dragon)

Nobody's arguing about the way it's spelled in kanji. We're talking about the alphabet spelling, here.
Is the name actually spelled "Lon", that guide? I mean, in alphabet?

quote:
My choice clearly doesn't go for the KOF MI creator...

That's not a problem, as Falcoon isn't the one who came up with that explanation...

Toxico
4701th Post

"Re(6):KoF2k2UM thread" , posted Fri 27 Feb 05:02:post reply

quote:
Between Falcoon Stupidity and the Official mook From the "old" SNK (in which Lon is called this way, the chinise word fro dragon)
Nobody's arguing about the way it's spelled in kanji. We're talking about the alphabet spelling, here.

If we speak about "official sources", why don't we try to (this goes to anyone who is reading this) clear the KoF 2001 game with any team, and then read how are the characters listed by name when the voice actors / seiyuus are credited? I'm sure everyone will see something marvelous, listed next to the second appearence of the name Kuroda Takaya.

Also, it's kinda strange, mainly because the "You are already Haguéd" it's enough to finish topics in one shot, ending in a incredible image filled with internal body explosions.

edit 1 : spelling, so that I'm not made fun of later on

edit 2 : You can also check it in the staff of 02UM.

obscene voodoo dance teleport

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・

[this message was edited by Toxico on Fri 27 Feb 11:09]

NARUTO
3697th Post

"Re(6):KoF2k2UM thread" , posted Fri 27 Feb 20:05post reply

quote:
Why do the official mook are still telling the opposite?
Maybe it do are being wrong? A possibility to consider.
So it would be wrong in all SNK Mooks, And magicaly right in all SNKP's?

quote:
Well in fact it's that who makes it weird... SNK wrote it with the kanji and "translate" it as ろん, when just by magic as I sais after falcoon OPA on the series the Kanji version completely disaper for a
ロン.

quote:
If we speak about "official sources", why don't we try to (this goes to anyone who is reading this) clear the KoF 2001 game with any team, and then read how are the characters listed by name when the voice actors / seiyuus are credited? I'm sure everyone will see something marvelous, listed next to the second appearence of the name Kuroda Takaya.

Also, it's kinda strange, mainly because the "You are already Haguéd" it's enough to finish topics in one shot, ending in a incredible image filled with internal body explosions.

edit 1 : spelling, so that I'm not made fun of later on

edit 2 : You can also check it in the staff of 02UM.
As I said all this trash comes form SNKP, NOT from the original SNK. Falcoon even modify the HIzoku story (in a really stupid way) in order to make his lame creation (DUO, XIao) fits in the story. For me SNKP have nothing to do with the creation of characters who comes Before 2000....

As for 2001 it was Eolith on charge, so once again NOT SNK.

Fortes fortuna juvat...

Olivier Hague
125th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(7):KoF2k2UM thread" , posted Fri 27 Feb 22:29post reply

quote:

"In all SNK mooks"? You've only mentioned one, I believe, and...

quote:
SNK wrote it with the kanji and "translate" it as ろん, when just by magic as I sais after falcoon OPA on the series the Kanji version completely disaper for a
ロン.

... no alphabet spelling, then?

So you don't have any actual evidence supporting the alphabet spelling "Lon"?

quote:
As I said all this trash comes form SNKP, NOT from the original SNK.

How would you know?

quote:
Falcoon even modify the HIzoku story (in a really stupid way) in order to make his lame creation (DUO, XIao) fits in the story.

Source?

kofoguz
685th Post

"Re(8):KoF2k2UM thread" , posted Fri 27 Feb 23:36post reply

LOL, I like Ron, Clark Steel, Malin, Maxima better.

[sigtag][/sigtag]

Count Hihihi
172th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(9):KoF2k2UM thread" , posted Sat 28 Feb 02:07post reply

Happy Days

Kotaku Ono and the Fanboy spirit.

NARUTO
3699th Post

"Re(8):KoF2k2UM thread" , posted Sun 1 Mar 19:46post reply

quote:
"In all SNK mooks"? You've only mentioned one, I believe, and...
Any post SNKP mook did, so more than one....

quote:
SNK wrote it with the kanji and "translate" it as ろん, when just by magic as I sais after falcoon OPA on the series the Kanji version completely disaper for a
ロン.
... no alphabet spelling, then?

So you don't have any actual evidence supporting the alphabet spelling "Lon"?
Except that Once again SNK clearly called him "Dragon" in chinese, and dragon in chinese IS Lon.

quote:
As I said all this trash comes form SNKP, NOT from the original SNK.
How would you know?
Once again mooks, and many other Book,(interviews, ...)

quote:
Falcoon even modify the HIzoku story (in a really stupid way) in order to make his lame creation (DUO, XIao) fits in the story.
Source?

Check the Hizoku profile and Story before KOF2003 and then check the one from KOF MI and you'll laugh... So much impossible things or may detail changed. (Like Lon killing the guard of his village to flee, and when Falcoon take the story Lon kill the whole village... Yeah a Whole village of KOF strong Assasin, and this dude waste is time with a tournamet when only 30/40 fighter are in? ) Or Lon ages that doesn't fit with Duo lon supposed to be his 3rd son...(makin Long having his 1st kid att 12/13 years old or such) Give a bunch of kinds to Lon when it's clearly said that He likes no one and nothing (Except Cyclling)...And So on.

Fortes fortuna juvat...

Olivier Hague
126th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(9):KoF2k2UM thread" , posted Mon 2 Mar 09:40post reply

quote:
Any post SNKP mook did

"Did" what? Spell the name as "Lon" in alphabet? Apparently not.

quote:
Once again SNK clearly called him "Dragon" in chinese, and dragon in chinese IS Lon.

1) That would be "long", actually.
2) That's how it's written in kanji, moron. If they want to spell the name as "Ron" in alphabet, it's their prerogative.

quote:
Once again mooks, and many other Book,(interviews, ...)

Thanks for being so specific.

quote:
Check the Hizoku profile and Story before KOF2003 and then check the one from KOF MI and you'll laugh...

But will I know that Falcoon is responsible?
You're just talking out of your annoying fanboy ass.