Well It does deserve its own thread.

[sigtag][/sigtag]

[this message was edited by kofoguz on Fri 19 Sep 03:00]

Replies:

NARUTO
3674th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):KOF XII Thread. A.M Show, Random pics." , posted Thu 18 Sep 14:36post reply

quote:
Well It does deserve it own thread.

Of course it did! ^_^

Fortes fortuna juvat...

Spoon
1619th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(1):KOF XII Thread. A.M Show, Random pics." , posted Thu 18 Sep 14:38post reply

Now that Leona has lost that jacket, her outfit looks like Blue Mary what with the baggy pants.

So maybe when Blue Mary is brought back in, she'll fight while wearing her jacket rather than pitching it to her dog, and it'll be all good.

Toxico
4452th Post

"Re(2):KOF XII Thread. A.M Show, Random pics." , posted Thu 18 Sep 14:53:post reply

If I must be honest, I wasn't THAT impressed with the game until I saw those Shen pics. Now I feel just like the first time when I played Zero, and that was right after playing Kôrin for years (it was like falling in love with an Angel).

The only evil of the word; is the one in the heart of men

[this message was edited by Toxico on Thu 18 Sep 14:54]

Zepy
1502th Post

"Re(3):KOF XII Thread. A.M Show, Random pics." , posted Thu 18 Sep 15:49post reply

Video

Time Mage
2705th Post

"Re(4):KOF XII Thread. A.M Show, Random pics." , posted Thu 18 Sep 17:01post reply

Comments so far:

- 20 characters seems like an OK number to me, considering they are making the sprites from scratch. If more are added, better, but I won't complain if only 20 are present.
- So far, there doesn't seem like they are arranged by teams... Either this time there won't be established teams, or they didn't arrange them by teams in the beta to hide something.
- Jacketless Leona!! <3
- Confirmed: Graphic style is more like MotW than like previous KOF games. Everyone is so much more bulky (chubby in the case of Athena :P)...
- Ash's animations are quite changed. The small fireball is thrown in a much queer-y way, and the fireball super (if that's the big round fireball he uses twice in the video) looks changed, too.
- Speaking of which, supers doesn't seem to freeze the screen at all, old SNK style.
- Not a single new image of Kim yet ;_;

Anyway, I'm officialy hyped.

"News flash big guy: You can wax on wax off all you want I'm still... KICKIN' YOUR ASS!"

Sensenic
1641th Post

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(5):KOF XII Thread. A.M Show, Random pics." , posted Thu 18 Sep 17:58:post reply

My comments...
- Kyo's fire still looks sticked on (same as Ralf's explosions).
No burning effect on "fired" characters.
Of course this is still a beta...
- Ryo got his old stance back. Seems this KOF is much about going backwards, at least design-wise (Ryo's stance, Athena, Benimaru and Terry back to their first designs...)
- Except for a few details with clothes, hair, shading, etc. here and there, animation doesn't seem that particularly good...
- The stage shown is an animated gif
(I mean, look at the rockin' woman on the right ( _ _)\m/ She can't even watch the combat). No interaction elements (except for the shadow on the right), no foreground... nothing particularly good about it.
Well, one thing: it's all fat women?? XD
- Ralf's new design makes him look like Alex. XD
- Leona <3 indeed. That shot of her cutting move looks beautiful.

おやおやぁ~

"Farpaitement!"
-Obelix-

[this message was edited by Sensenic on Thu 18 Sep 18:04]

Iggy
8643th Post

"Re(5):KOF XII Thread. A.M Show, Random pics." , posted Thu 18 Sep 18:01post reply

Woh. Just, Woh.
This proves you shouldn't give a franchise to a rabid fan, but to someone who knows his work. Congrats, Nona.

It's the first time in KOF there's a sôsatsu system (the attacks cancelling each others, like in GGXX or Justice Gakuen), is it ? I wonder why there are no super gauges.

We know Daimon, Elisabeth and Iori are in, so that leaves us with at least 6 more characters ? 7 if the space in the middle is not the random ?
I suppose Ash, Iori or Heidi could be single entries... Maybe it's time Heidi finally gets his own team, now Rose has been abducted (semi-boss ?)

I'M HYPED FOR A KOF GAME WHATS HAPPENIN

Pollyanna
2557th Post

"Re(5):KOF XII Thread. A.M Show, Random pics." , posted Thu 18 Sep 18:05post reply

Recovered from the hurricane/work blitz. Guess I'll chime in.

I can't tell if the game is any good because the people in the video do not know how to play. I haven't seen half of the character's moves, so it's hard to make any judgment on gameplay.

There are a fair number of things I don't like, though:

1) The "round breaks" are too long and annoying.
2) No special effects of the supers makes them look too plain.
3) If you're going to completely redraw everything, then rework the characters more or make more new ones. I can't speak for how much the characters have been reworked, since the videos have been so poor from a gameplay perspective, but to me, if you're going to make a game with a fairly small, somewhat boring/predictable cast, the least you can do is make them "play" new and interesting.

4) The ingame art looks kinda mediocre in reference to how awesome the sprites look.

Buuuut...on the plus side, we've only seen half the cast, and the other half could totally blow my mind. I like all the redesigns (I want more!) and everything that looked incredible before still looks incredible now.

Ah, and I like Ash's new animations. His crouch is really cute and I feel like his sprite has more personality on the whole. Although I don't like the spiked up hair super butch Ryo look, I do like how much "power" he commands visually.

KOF XI is my favorite fighter, so this one has big shoes to fill. Everything I see gets me totally pumped, but also feels me with a bit of trepidation. No matter how fantastic the game looks, I can't shake the feeling that I'll have to wait for 13 to get a really solid experience.

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

D`Cloud
235th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(6):KOF XII Thread. A.M Show, Random pics." , posted Thu 18 Sep 18:10:post reply

Im guessing, its still beta... no super gauge.. maybe they will add the super pause later (hopefully)... Everything looks great.. a few nitpicks here and there but overall its great.. ilove how they are affected by the shading under the tree..

http://www.dustinuy.com

[this message was edited by D`Cloud on Thu 18 Sep 18:16]

Gojira
2444th Post

"Re(7):KOF XII Thread. A.M Show, Random pics." , posted Thu 18 Sep 20:11post reply

Leona and Ralf redesigns are nice. Leona looks halfway between her 1P and 2P from MI, and Ralf is so buff it's ridiculous. Ash redesign is... suitable to his character, I can say that much. I still hate him. Probably always will. Disappointed with the lack of new characters so far, and I have a feeling that won't be changing much.

As usual with high-res, the animation looks good and not-so-good in places. Incredible details but wide general movements are kind of jerky. It still exceeds the quality of past KoF animations though. Can't wait to see more.

The stage looks okay, though it is pretty much just a repetitive loop with no independent factors. I don't understand why there's a huge shadow on the right. It doesn't seem like anything in the stage is casting it, looks more like they just stuck it there to show they can do multiplicative effects. Well, whatever.

The gameplay looks sped up from the first video they showed, but still quite a bit slower than the pace of the usual KoFs. Hopping looks about as slow as jumping was before; it'll be hard to pressure at that speed. I don't even understand how they're doing DMs... looks like the test is set to infinite DMs to make up for the lack of meters. The clash thing is certainly obvious, even if I don't fully understand what it entails. It looks like they've added SS/AoF-style zooming to the game, which I'm not sure if I like, but hopefully it works well.

shipoopi

Just a Person
1217th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(8):KOF XII Thread. A.M Show, Random pics." , posted Thu 18 Sep 20:37post reply

The game looks very nice! Although... is that REALLY Ralf?? Since when has he been a muscle mountain? When I first saw the screenshot, I thought it was a new character.

What reminds me: will there be any new characters? So far there's only returning ones; the select screen indicates around 20 characters, and besides the nine ones available in the beta test, we also know Daimon and Elizabeth (and probably Iori, since he's at the poster) will be in it. So there's only 6 or 7 spots left; I hope at least 3 of them are new characters...

I can be any person in the world... maybe I'm this person right in front of you... maybe I'm not.

Ishmael
3281th Post

"Re(6):KOF XII Thread. A.M Show, Random pics." , posted Thu 18 Sep 22:21:post reply

SNK certainly seems to be going old school with the designs. I'm surprised that Ralf can't rotate 360 degrees like in his old Ikari days. Speaking of Ralf, if he's this big how large is Goro going to be? For that matter why the hell is SNK teasing us with that lovely looking Leona image and then giving us a video featuring freakin' Shen Woo? Geez!

quote:
My comments...
- Kyo's fire still looks sticked on (same as Ralf's explosions).
No burning effect on "fired" characters.
Of course this is still a beta...

True, but the general lack of polish on the special moves is really obvious. Should that spiral of flame fully animate even when Kyo gets knocked out of his DP? Also, why isn't there any lighting effects when the characters are tossing out flames in the shaded corner of the stage? SNK should be congratulated for getting as far as they have but the game still appears to be in a preliminary state.

EDIT: "Psycho Baaaall!" on NicoNico.

[this message was edited by Ishmael on Thu 18 Sep 22:51]

Iggy
8644th Post

"Re(7):KOF XII Thread. A.M Show, Random pics." , posted Thu 18 Sep 23:30post reply

Is that Raiden ?
Are we going for a South Town team Terry/Kim/Raiden ? Or is he in a rival/evil team ?

Either way, 5 characters left for now.

NARUTO
3675th Post

"Re(8):KOF XII Thread. A.M Show, Random pics." , posted Fri 19 Sep 01:13post reply

quote:
Is that Raiden ?
Are we going for a South Town team Terry/Kim/Raiden ? Or is he in a rival/evil team ?

Either way, 5 characters left for now.

Maybe more a bit more since the game is only 60% done right now acording to dengeki. I think it'll be just liek NGBC who showed up the 1st timewith just 16 characters and ended with +30. I thinki that we'll get between 21 +6 or +9 characters on the final version.

Fortes fortuna juvat...

nobinobita
402th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(6):KOF XII Thread. A.M Show, Random pics." , posted Fri 19 Sep 01:45:post reply

Doh, didn't realise I posted the same link!

The games still early, there's probably alot of effects left out and the game speed and collision and such look a bit odd... but I still RUB IT.

Sprites look amazing. They look like SPRITES, not cel animation. Not that there's anything wrong with cel animation, just that it makes me very very happy to see high res sprites made in the classic fashion, pixel by pixel. It's like moving illustrations, and the shadows are fantastic. Very cool. Animation is solid too, and full of character. Ash now really looks like a sly asshole, but not in an annoying snarky way (more Bugs Bunny with chi-gong powers, less generic game/comic hero). I love all the redesigns/roll backs. I don't think any of these characters have ever looked so refined as they do in this game.

I don't really mind Kyo's flames. I think they look good in motion and distinct. Looks like gasoline fire vs Ashe's clean burning, goopy, psychic and somehow homoerotic energy. I'm glad they are putting so much differentiation into the projectiles.

quote:

I'M HYPED FOR A KOF GAME WHATS HAPPENIN

Iggy has posted the most positive and least cynical and critical comments so far--what happen???

[this message was edited by nobinobita on Fri 19 Sep 14:52]

Toxico
4455th Post

"Re(7):KOF XII Thread. A.M Show, Random pics." , posted Fri 19 Sep 02:09:post reply

quote:

Iggy has posted the most positive and least cynical and critical comments so far--what happen???

Looking at the flyer again, Iori seems to have a new costume .... I... I..... refuse to believe it

Because editing is as good as answering
quote:
Also, I just noticed : no K'. Will he be free character, or in a team with Iori, or... left out ?

Well, there it was one KoF, I think; that from beta to real build had more space for characteres (funny enough, it was also a "new engine" kof, '96). If you play a puzzle game, unless you do a weird team of Elizabeth, K' and Maxima or leave K' on edit, he doesn't fit with the rest.

[this message was edited by Toxico on Fri 19 Sep 02:32]

Iggy
8646th Post

"Re(8):KOF XII Thread. A.M Show, Random pics." , posted Fri 19 Sep 02:21post reply

quote:
Looking at the flyer again, Iori seems to have a new costume .... I... I..... refuse to believe it

Lies. ALL LIES !!!

Also, I just noticed : no K'. Will he be free character, or in a team with Iori, or... left out ?

Nate
951th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(8):KOF XII Thread. A.M Show, Random pics." , posted Fri 19 Sep 02:23post reply

If Imoya can put in at least a few more "my chara" I will be completely sold on this game. As it stands I'm still very impressed.

Ash has AWESOME animation, especially. I feel like a lot of the other characters that have been shown aren't 100% complete (Shen Woo in particular looks a little too stiff to be completely finished), but if they animate on the level of Ash this game is going to be one kickass game. Athena looks good too.

They really need to make the DM flashes more conspicuous because I thought Ash's Thermidor was a new special at first. I'm going to assume that'll be fixed.

Someone let me know when there's footage of new Leona in action. I'm really hoping they give her some of the neat new tricks she got in the Maximum Impact games. The changes they made to her were among the few good decisions in those games. At the very least give us a double Moon Slasher, Imoya! Also judging from that one Leona screenshot alone, Moon Slasher looks HUGE now.

I'm excited, what can I say? Can't wait to see Elizabeth in action. Also hoping for Heidi, preferably with a team. Oh and one last thing...NEW COSTUME FOR IORI PLZPLZPLZPLZPLZ!!!1@

ワンダフル! ビューティフル! エキサイティング!

Ktallguy
1036th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(9):KOF XII Thread. A.M Show, Random pics." , posted Fri 19 Sep 02:45post reply

Vids look very good.
It's nice to see that 2D animation can still live in this day and age.

Play to win.

Iggy
8648th Post

"Re(8):KOF XII Thread. A.M Show, Random pics." , posted Fri 19 Sep 02:47:post reply

quote:
If you play a puzzle game, unless you do a weird team of Elizabeth, K' and Maxima or leave K' on edit, he doesn't fit with the rest.
I see Elizabeth in a "girls team", with Athena and maybe Mai... an Antihero team with Iori, Heidi and K' for the sake of it would work OK-ish, I guess...

Me like puzzles.

EDIT : also, Leona vid. Password is "KOFXII".

[this message was edited by Iggy on Fri 19 Sep 02:55]

Toxico
4456th Post

"Re(9):KOF XII Thread. A.M Show, Random pics." , posted Fri 19 Sep 02:55:post reply

It's funny that I didn't realized before, but the first site I saw with pics also states that the release is 2009年4月 (it was on it was on famitsu, and that's April).

I guess that that's it for those stupid neo gaf rumors あなたとは違うんです

[this message was edited by Toxico on Fri 19 Sep 03:03]

kofoguz
617th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(9):KOF XII Thread. A.M Show, Random pics." , posted Fri 19 Sep 03:04post reply

quote:
EDIT : also, Leona vid. Password is "KOFXII".

I cant watch the HD vids or download anything cause at the work connection speed as fast as slug in a hurry. 2hours later I will be at home and finally can watch the vids. Cant wait.

By the way now I'm sure it'll be normal sized kof roster.

[sigtag][/sigtag]

Iggy
8649th Post

"Re(10):KOF XII Thread. A.M Show, Random pics." , posted Fri 19 Sep 03:07:post reply

quote:
2hours later I will be at home and finally can watch the vids. Cant wait.

Don't hold your breath, they are a few seconds clips...

Terry vs Terry
same pass.

Ralf Ryô
Edit : the last one is just a picture, but... Hum... I think I may have find two new favorite chara...

[this message was edited by Iggy on Fri 19 Sep 03:13]

kofoguz
618th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):KOF XII Thread. A.M Show, Random" , posted Fri 19 Sep 03:11post reply

quote:
2hours later I will be at home and finally can watch the vids. Cant wait.
Don't hold your breath, it's a few seconds clips...

Terry vs Terry
same pass.

Well not just for them I watch the first vids via youtube but there are HD versions. I cant wait to watch them. Also few seconds of leona can feed my curiosity well.

[sigtag][/sigtag]

nobinobita
401th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(2):Re(10):KOF XII Thread. A.M Show, Random" , posted Fri 19 Sep 03:49post reply

quote:

Terry vs Terry

I like how he holds onto his hat to keep it from falling off all the time.

kofoguz
620th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):KOF XII Thread. A.M Show, Random" , posted Fri 19 Sep 04:36post reply

I just notice something at the poster. Behind Ash, Kyo, Iori, etc.. There is a match about to start Shen Vs Raiden. What happened Oswald after the fight anyway? Is it possible to Oswald not being in this game?? Not likely but storywise we can guess that winner of the Shen Vs Oswald is Shen.

Maybe Ash needed another fighter to get in the tournament so I wouldnt be shocked if we see Raiden, Shen, Ash team. Again its also not likely.

[sigtag][/sigtag]

Toxico
4457th Post

"Re(4):Re(10):KOF XII Thread. A.M Show, Random" , posted Fri 19 Sep 05:20:post reply

quote:
Maybe Ash needed another fighter to get in the tournament so I wouldnt be shocked if we see Raiden, Shen, Ash team. Again its also not likely.

The only logic reason to have Raiden and Shen fighting in the poster, is that it was the easiest way to confirm them both prior to seeing the game (aren't the poster outside?)

Also, saying that Shen will team up with Raiden is as pointless as saying that Ryo will team up with Terry.

[this message was edited by Toxico on Fri 19 Sep 05:21]

Gojira
2446th Post

"Re(5):Re(10):KOF XII Thread. A.M Show, Random" , posted Fri 19 Sep 05:40:post reply

Leona vid in niconico flavor:
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm4668884

I think someone's uploading the terry vid right now

EDIT:
Yup
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm4669904

shipoopi

[this message was edited by Gojira on Fri 19 Sep 08:19]

kofoguz
621th Post

"Re(5):Re(10):KOF XII Thread. A.M Show, Random" , posted Fri 19 Sep 06:48post reply

quote:
Also, saying that Shen will team up with Raiden is as pointless as saying that Ryo will team up with Terry.

Why not? Terry/Ryo/Kyo secret edit team exists. Well actually I dont think Ash/Shen/Raiden team is possible, too. Because of poster.
Also in 2003 we didnt think that Kim and Terry form a team next year, did we?

[sigtag][/sigtag]

crazymike
1471th Post

"Re(6):Re(10):KOF XII Thread. A.M Show, Random" , posted Fri 19 Sep 09:38post reply

This may be considered blasphemy by some but I would have preferred a reboot of the whole KOF franchise. I mean come on how many years is Kyo and Iori going to look like teenagers?

And while I don't want a complete rehash of the old generation SNK cast, I just can't stand the new generation with androgynous characters like Ash. There is plenty of new ground you could go with in the older KOF series, how about seeing some of the other Yagami clan as fighters much like Saisyu?

It would be nice too to get back to an old-school story revolving around a tournament again rather than a "hey were here in a random place, let's fight!" plot as KOF seems to have gone the last few years.

GekigangerV
1593th Post

"Re(7):Re(10):KOF XII Thread. A.M Show, Random" , posted Fri 19 Sep 10:03post reply

Bigger version of the poster I found on 2ch

Iggy
8651th Post

"Re(7):Re(10):KOF XII Thread. A.M Show, Random" , posted Fri 19 Sep 17:59post reply

quote:
This may be considered blasphemy by some but I would have preferred a reboot of the whole KOF franchise. I mean come on how many years is Kyo and Iori going to look like teenagers?

I would like KOF to only use their original characters. Leave Terry, Ryô, Mai and such in their respective franchises. It's not that I have any hope we would see a new Garô anytime soon, but at least the KOF would stop bastardizing these fine characters...

quote:
I just can't stand the new generation with androgynous characters like Ash.

I still wonder if the sudden appearance, immediate omnipresence and general ugliness of Ash (he is everywhere on the posters, on 2003, XI, XII, MIA...) was the final straw for most players who left the franchise or it was the terrible quality of 2003 and KOF MI.
Thanks for you Mary Sue, Falcoon-pork.

Professor
2502th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(8):Re(10):KOF XII Thread. A.M Show, Random" , posted Fri 19 Sep 20:40:post reply

I'm afraid.

There were only like 5 people on the waiting line after 2PM.

Someone comfort me.

[this message was edited by Professor on Fri 19 Sep 20:43]

Gojira
2448th Post

"Re(9):Re(10):KOF XII Thread. A.M Show, Random" , posted Fri 19 Sep 22:57:post reply

quote:
I'm afraid.

Someone comfort me.

It's not done yet, and the game will probably be a bigger hit in Asia.

Also,

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm4674128
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm4674238
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm4674280
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm4674393

I may have to change my opinion of Ralf's redesign, actually it looks kind of awkward. This isn't even a stylistic thing, the guy practically towers over Ash and anyone else in the game.

shipoopi

[this message was edited by Gojira on Fri 19 Sep 23:02]

Iggy
8652th Post

"Re(10):Re(10):KOF XII Thread. A.M Show, Rando" , posted Fri 19 Sep 23:22post reply

quote:
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm4674393

Poor Robert !
But yeah, Ralf.... has changed a lot.
I wonder now what the other big characters (Daimon and Raiden) will look like. They are supposed to be bigger than Ralf, aren't they ?

And I do wonder if they will take the easy route and just use Ralf's sprite to make Clark. I feel like there is too much muscle here for a rather agile character such as Clark.

Zepy
1504th Post

"Re(9):Re(10):KOF XII Thread. A.M Show, Random" , posted Fri 19 Sep 23:28post reply

quote:
I'm afraid.

Someone comfort me.

KOF's lack of popularity always makes me sad :(

I'll cry for SNK if the home version sells less copies than witch touching. I already had tears in my eyes when 98UM sold only a fraction of what witch touching could do.

Count Hihihi
109th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(10):Re(10):KOF XII Thread. A.M Show, Rando" , posted Fri 19 Sep 23:48post reply

Ralf ate Clark.

...but yeah, what Iggy said. KoF should stick to its exclusive characters and let Terry and co go.

Ishmael
3281th Post

"Re(10):Re(10):KOF XII Thread. A.M Show, Rando" , posted Sat 20 Sep 00:20post reply

While I like that Terry is finally being portrayed in a KoF game as the huge mofo he was back in his Real Bout days I'm not really certain about Ralf now that I've seen him in motion. Heaven knows I don't expect realism from my fighting game characters but for me Ralf's current design makes him look bloated instead of powerful.

quote:
It's not done yet, and the game will probably be a bigger hit in Asia.

Is this popularity being judged with or without the bootleg cabinets?

Still, the Professor's man on the street report is a bit worrying. Hopefully interest in the game will pick up now that it's been shown that SNK actually has something to show for months of hype that has preceeded this display.

kofoguz
622th Post

"Re(10):Re(10):KOF XII Thread. A.M Show, Rando" , posted Sat 20 Sep 00:44post reply

quote:
I'm afraid.

Someone comfort me.

quote:
KOF's lack of popularity always makes me sad :(

I'll cry for SNK if the home version sells less copies than witch touching. I already had tears in my eyes when 98UM sold only a fraction of what witch touching could do.

I heard its not open to public yet. So maybe its the reason. But I agree,KOF's lack of popularity always makes me sad :( , too

[sigtag][/sigtag]

Gojira
2449th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):Re(10):KOF XII Thread. A.M Show," , posted Sat 20 Sep 01:19post reply

Actually IIRC on Friday it's open to the public, just for a bigger entrance fee.

shipoopi

Spoon
1622th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):Re(10):KOF XII Thread. A.M Show," , posted Sat 20 Sep 01:28post reply

quote:

And I do wonder if they will take the easy route and just use Ralf's sprite to make Clark. I feel like there is too much muscle here for a rather agile character such as Clark.

I think what'll be even weirder is thinking about how Ralf's voice is going to sound now that he's HUGE. The old victory "YAY!" is going to sound weird coming from a guy that big... for some reason I suddenly got a flashback of pre-3S Alex.

Iggy
8653th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):Re(10):KOF XII Thread. A.M Show," , posted Sat 20 Sep 01:54post reply

Maybe Ralf is an homage to Franco Bash and his end in RB2 ?

Spoon
1623th Post

"Re(4):Re(10):Re(10):KOF XII Thread. A.M Show," , posted Sat 20 Sep 02:16post reply

quote:
Maybe Ralf is an homage to Franco Bash and his end in RB2 ?

Amazingly, this same comment was aired at SRK the other day!

Toxico
4459th Post

"Re(5):Re(10):Re(10):KOF XII Thread. A.M Show," , posted Sat 20 Sep 03:15:post reply

In an unrelated note, gamespot has added a note on KoF XII, mostly something that they probably google'd up using japanese wikipedia.

My thoughts so far....
First one is... the legacy LIVES

Futtotsu: It doesn't matter how good the game is, there it will be a huge bearded fan girl crowd shouting "my character didn't make it".

The third one is.... the population that is already prising the game the most are the ones that aren't willing to spend a dime on it (emulation community). I still have my doubts that this game will appeal the usual tekken / guilty gear tapper, since obviously; bad players are where the money is.

Fourth... I wonder how many years drawing a dream match with a lot of characters will take

[this message was edited by Toxico on Sat 20 Sep 03:25]

Iggy
8654th Post

"Re(6):Re(10):Re(10):KOF XII Thread. A.M Show," , posted Sat 20 Sep 03:30post reply

I think it's safe to add K' to the list of the characters that are somewhat confirmed: he is on the KoF 15th anniversary logo. That would be veeeery odd if he wasn't in the game. Or maybe he became SNKP's mascot character?

Also, a producer of the game said there wouldn't be any official team this year. Strange decision, since the general team structure has always been pretty loose, and it's not like the worst oddities of the roaster had always been perfectly justified by the scenario in past games... Oh well.
Good bye Clark !

Toxico
4460th Post

"Re(7):Re(10):Re(10):KOF XII Thread. A.M Show," , posted Sat 20 Sep 03:56:post reply

quote:

Also, a producer of the game said there wouldn't be any official team this year. Strange decision, since the general team structure has always been pretty loose, and it's not like the worst oddities of the roaster had always been perfectly justified by the scenario in past games...

So, currently we have:

Confirmed through First flyers: Elisabeth Blanctorche, Ash Crimson, Kyo Kusanagi, Leona Heidern and Goro Daimon.

Confirmed through the first trailer: Benimaru Nikaido, Athena Asamiya, Terry Bogard and Kim Kaphwan.

Confirmed though latest Famitsu article: Shen Woo, Ryo Sakazaki, Ralf Jones, Robert Garcia

Confirmed through 15th poster: Iori (100% sure), Raiden (big possibility) and K' (part of the logo, slight posibility)

4 characters to go since the teams aren't created through storyline, the places are up for grabs and anyone could be in.

[this message was edited by Toxico on Sat 20 Sep 03:57]

chazumaru
626th Post

"Re(7):Re(10):Re(10):KOF XII Thread. A.M Show," , posted Sat 20 Sep 06:44post reply

quote:

Also, a producer of the game said there wouldn't be any official team this year. Strange decision, since the general team structure has always been pretty loose, and it's not like the worst oddities of the roaster had always been perfectly justified by the scenario in past games... Oh well.
Good bye Clark !

I think it's because there are only twenty characters. They probably fixed this number as both a reasonable headcount to achieve a release before 2012 with their completely new engine and sprites, and a nicely-sized roster for a "rebirth" that is supposed to attract newcomers and lapsed fans.

20 characters is less than what the original KOF'94 offered and does not even allow creating 7 full teams. I don't know if you played (the original) KOF'94 or '95 recently but actually the strong focus on the original teams -and in the case of '94 especially with the impossibility to edit them - make the roster look much smaller than it actually is.

I wonder whether The Boss is:
a) Rugal
b) Heidern
c) Geese

Any other Boss (original or returning) would be a big surprise for me.

IT'S THE BLACK PUDDING!

Freeter
4421th Post

"Re(7):Re(10):Re(10):KOF XII Thread. A.M Show," , posted Sat 20 Sep 07:12post reply

quote:
Also, a producer of the game said there wouldn't be any official team this year.

Odd, since the select screen looks like 6 teams and 2 single entries (which I'm guessing are K' and Iori).

Plus some of the teams are already near completion (Ash team, Kyo team, AOF team, etc.), so unless the game is just going to have one universal ending where Ash primps his nails using Chizuru's mirror then I don't see why teams would be omitted.

Iron D
2988th Post

"Re(8):Re(10):Re(10):KOF XII Thread. A.M Show," , posted Sat 20 Sep 11:22:post reply

I'll agree that Ralf looks awkward, but I think that's mainly because we're used to the look he's had for the past 13 years or so. If he had just popped up looking the way he does now, I doubt he would appear as weird to us.

It's probably the low quality of most of the vids, but KoF XII seems to not animate as well as MotW did. I mean, the colors are pretty and all, but the actual movement doesn't seem as fluid.

As for the state of the franchise, I'd be cool with them taking out the FF characters ONLY if that meant that we were getting new FF games. I need my regular dose of Terry and Co. Damn it! Of course, I've always much preferred the FF characters (and series of games) to the original KoFers anyway...

Er.....

[this message was edited by Iron D on Sat 20 Sep 11:23]

badoor
47th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(9):Re(10):Re(10):KOF XII Thread. A.M Show," , posted Sat 20 Sep 13:05post reply

quote:
As for the state of the franchise, I'd be cool with them taking out the FF characters ONLY if that meant that we were getting new FF games. I need my regular dose of Terry and Co. Damn it! Of course, I've always much preferred the FF characters (and series of games) to the original KoFers anyway...

If SNK can differentiate between new KOFs and FFs in terms of art style and gameplay then yes I totally agree with you but if they are going to have similar sprites and similar gameplay than they shouldn't separate IMO.

Professor
2504th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(10):Re(10):Re(10):KOF XII Thread. A.M Show" , posted Sat 20 Sep 15:16post reply

There were some impressive screenshots at 2ch so I've temporarilty
Mirrored them here

Iggy
8655th Post

"Re(8):Re(10):Re(10):KOF XII Thread. A.M Show," , posted Sat 20 Sep 17:10post reply

quote:
I wonder whether The Boss is:
a) Rugal
b) Heidern
c) Geese
Any other Boss (original or returning) would be a big surprise for me.

I think it's going to be Rose, controlled by the bad guys. Then she'll come back in later games, because, hey, free psycho gothic loli.

Zepy
1505th Post

"Re(9):Re(10):Re(10):KOF XII Thread. A.M Show," , posted Sat 20 Sep 17:33post reply

quote:
I think it's going to be Rose, controlled by the bad guys. Then she'll come back in later games, because, hey, free psycho gothic loli.

That is impossible, final boss in kof always has to be a middle aged old man!

Toxico
4460th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):Re(10):Re(10):KOF XII Thread. A." , posted Sat 20 Sep 17:33post reply

quote:
Mirrored them here

Nice pics

Small oddity: It seems that falcoon had some fan art that looked very close to the current XII Ralf and Leona. conspiracy!

Professor
2507th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(3):Re(10):Re(10):Re(10):KOF XII Thread. A." , posted Sat 20 Sep 18:51:post reply

Here's another good video of Leona. Pass is "12". You can see her doing the new guard attack system at 30, 32, and 50 seconds.

And here's another video of Athena vs Shen, kinda blurry

Better yet, here's the list of KOFXII vids on Nico

According to comments at SNKP's site, "The first two days didn't have too many visitors beause of the storm, but there were a lof ot visitors on public day. The waiting line was about an hour, so our apologies to the people that came by. We plan to have the game playable with additional characters at TGS, so look forward. To be honest, the current version was basically for showing off the graphics, and the tune-ups are still to come. The new Sousai system happened five times in a row while we were watching. Please tune it up for the beta tests, planner guy."

So yay, the game is popular! Good to know.

Also, some stuff that might or might not have been mentioned.

- CD attack can be held to do a guard breaker
- Back+CD does a guard attack, doesn't seem to work on low attacks
- For display purposes, the AMShow version allowed Infinite DMs
- No pow meter system yet
- Order select isn't hidden
- You're already in attackable distance to your opponent when the round starts.
- footsweeps can be canceled with special attacks
- Famitsu originally reported that you'll be able to to thrust opponents to the wall like in Hokuto, but it's not not in the game, at least not yet
- It's easy to accidentally do charge moves, like a power wave after a footsweep would turn into a Rising Tackle
- The game feels slower because the jump speeds have been nerfed
- As nobinobita was saying, the fighters actually look like SPRITES. They're as huge as AOF and really detailed. You can see facial expressions. Ryo looks like he's ready to kill someone, Shen's got a grin like he's enjoying the fight, Terry's face... is covered by his hat's shades
- No cameos in the background I haven't seen them, but there seems to be some in the China stage
- DMs are really powerful, takes off about 30-40% life. They also come out slow as hell, and can't be used in combos (maybe Ash's somersaults can?)
- Most characters seem to have reverted something close to their KOF94 special moveset
- Ralf not only looks ugl.. different, he also seems to lost all his special moves leave aside his Vulcan punch and Galactica Phantom. He's gained two new moves though, an exploding short-range punch and something that looks like HeavyD's Soulflower, except it's an explosion. Galactica Phantom doesnt have an autoguard and it's pretty short-ranged
- No new moves except for Ralf
- Athena seems to have lost her teleport and throw. psychoball doesn't connect from feirce punch, which isn't anything new
- Leona has her earring throw. no Applejuice or Eyeslasher
- It's up to opinion, but Ash actually.. looks good in the game.. he looks like a frecked michevous teen rather than a leathered frog

[this message was edited by Professor on Sat 20 Sep 20:11]

Toxico
4462th Post

"Re(4):Re(10):Re(10):Re(10):KOF XII Thread. A." , posted Sat 20 Sep 19:21:post reply

quote:

- No cameos in the background

Aren't Chang and Choi on the chinese like stage? (bare with me, I'm drunk)

quote:

- Athena seems to have lost her teleport and throw. psychoball doesn't connect from feirce punch, which isn't anything new

If Athena plays like she did in 94' (it was kinda like a toned down Guile with a really, really slow psycho ball and great ball follow up options), then this is great news

, for overhead, and then Pheonix arrow

, wait and then sweep for low attack (or a CD to P. ball to keep the pressure, throwing was allowed as well )

I feel like a kid, not only due to the reminescence, but playing with these icons as well

[this message was edited by Toxico on Sat 20 Sep 19:33]

nobinobita
403th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(9):Re(10):Re(10):KOF XII Thread. A.M Show," , posted Sat 20 Sep 19:30post reply

quote:

It's probably the low quality of most of the vids, but KoF XII seems to not animate as well as MotW did. I mean, the colors are pretty and all, but the actual movement doesn't seem as fluid.

The game does look smoother when you watch higher quality vids. I'd say it animates about on par with CVS, which makes me very happy. I bet both games share alot of the same animators.

It's not as fluid in framerate as Garou, but in terms of keyframes and conveying the characters I think its still pretty tops. Also, as Nate pointed out, some characters seem to have more animation than others.

I WISH the animation were SFIII level, but that would probably require twice the frames, time and budget, and also the characters would be bouncier and stretchier and snapier than any SNK characters have ever been, which may be too much of a change.

As it is though, it's one of the best things ive seen. The screens bring a tear to my eye and the videos make my heart race. I haven't been this excited for KOF since 94.

kofoguz
623th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):Re(10):Re(10):KOF XII Thread. A." , posted Sat 20 Sep 19:40post reply

quote:
Mirrored them here

Nice pics

Small oddity: It seems that falcoon had some fan art that looked very close to the current XII Ralf and Leona. conspiracy!

Its Actually Ralf and Whip. But you dont need to seek any other inspiration source rather than KoF MI.

By the way I really really really like the palette swaps. Looks like we have much more opportunities and possibilites with it. I'll have real good time with color edit.

[sigtag][/sigtag]

Iggy
8657th Post

"Re(5):Re(10):Re(10):Re(10):KOF XII Thread. A." , posted Sat 20 Sep 19:48post reply

quote:

I think I saw Bao as well... Yeah, not like he has any chance to be in the game anyway.

Ash vs Beni
Indeed, Beni doesn't seem better animated than in CvS. Which is fine with me, really.
Even if some characters are better animated than some others, I hope they are consistent within themselves (the absurd neutral pause of Kim since 2001 comes in mind).

Also, Ash has Orochi Shermie's placement kiss. Not really necessary, but...

Athena Shen

Kim Kyô

Professor
2507th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(6):Re(10):Re(10):Re(10):KOF XII Thread. A." , posted Sat 20 Sep 20:09:post reply

quote:
I think I saw Bao as well... Yeah, not like he has any chance to be in the game anyway.

Hurrmn, I didn't notice them. I must've missed because there's so many fat characters in the backgrounds for some reason. Thanks for pointing them out.

[Edit] Additional vids.

46 Sec high quality video, 50MB download Pass is 12
9 min match, Youtube
Kim
Beni, Ash
Athena, Shen

[this message was edited by Professor on Sat 20 Sep 20:56]

nobinobita
405th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(7):Re(10):Re(10):Re(10):KOF XII Thread. A." , posted Sat 20 Sep 21:22:post reply

quote:

[Edit] Additional vids.

46 Sec high quality video, 50MB download Pass is 12
9 min match, Youtube
Kim
Beni, Ash
Athena, Shen

Wowee thanks for the links! It's good to know that after all these years this is still the number one stop for breaking fighting game news.

Is it just me or does the animation seem to be smoother in the newer videos? Upon further reflection, most of the animation seems to be around Mark of the Wolves smoothness.

Also, KOF always seemed to require more precise move inputs than SF; are the controls just as tight/not-so-loose in the latest installment?

[this message was edited by nobinobita on Sat 20 Sep 21:25]

Professor
2509th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(8):Re(10):Re(10):Re(10):KOF XII Thread. A." , posted Sat 20 Sep 23:05:post reply

And yet, more vids.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyoCrdZCDyA&fmt=18
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXGI8CHueeI&fmt=18

http://www1.axfc.net/uploader/C/so/64825 -- 40MB, 84 secs
http://www1.axfc.net/uploader/O/so/63091 -- 44MB, 1 min
http://www1.axfc.net/uploader/P/so/42799 -- 124MB, 112 secs, high quality

http://www2.axfc.net/uploader/Ar/so/8147 --141MB, 2min. Trailer. Shows some slick combos that players normally won't figure out in a short time, and some attacks that weren't available in the AMShow version. Lower quality Youtube vid here
--

The pass for all movies is "12". Don't forget the auth code in the right too.

quote:
Is it just me or does the animation seem to be smoother in the newer videos? Upon further reflection, most of the animation seems to be around Mark of the Wolves smoothness.

Also, KOF always seemed to require more precise move inputs than SF; are the controls just as tight/not-so-loose in the latest installment?

That 46 sec video really shows how smooth KOFXII runs.

Input frames for special moves seemed to be forgiving in KOFXII. I'm not sure whether cancel/buffering timings in combos are easy, they seemed normal. Supers came out without problems except for Leona's... it kept turning into her XCaliber for some reason.

[this message was edited by Professor on Sun 21 Sep 09:45]

Ishmael
3283th Post

"Re(9):Re(10):Re(10):Re(10):KOF XII Thread. A." , posted Sun 21 Sep 04:32post reply

I rather like the idea that the DM's are back to being wildly damaging blasts of power. With KoF's increased emphasis on combos as the years went by most DM's became little more than something extra to tack on at the end of an attack. But since the game is still in beta -or, heck, maybe alpha- stage right now I should probably wait and see what the finalized game engine looks like before I get too excited.

Whoa, Athena is shooting horns in her victory pose!

NARUTO
3676th Post

"Re(10):Re(10):Re(10):Re(10):KOF XII Thread. A" , posted Sun 21 Sep 05:50post reply

The game is really impressive as hell, and IMO kills Sf4 with the little finger.

Still Why do the hell SNK didn't try to make Color edit that looks normale those disgusting hair color and such are beyond me... can't they look back at KOF 98 for nice color edit? (no hair color change...)

And I can't understand the no team only 20 characters... Team stories and wide cast are KOF trade mark without this it's not KOF, and it's especially stupid with the whole japan and FF team present. Kill goro then... IMO I wish they could delay the game a bit mpore even 1 years more but with at least a 25/30 cast.

anywya the game looks impressive and many thing cane change after all NGBC was far from the 1st version showed KOF may change a bit as well.

Fortes fortuna juvat...

D`Cloud
235th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(10):Re(10):Re(10):Re(10):KOF XII Thread. A" , posted Sun 21 Sep 06:31post reply

quote:

Whoa, Athena is shooting horns in her victory pose!

Hmm leona looks hot :) athena looks cute ash looks.... gay as usual

D`Cloud
236th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(10):Re(10):Re(10):KOF XII Thread. A.M Show" , posted Sun 21 Sep 06:45post reply

quote:

The game does look smoother when you watch higher quality vids. I'd say it animates about on par with CVS, which makes me very happy. I bet both games share alot of the same animators.

It's not as fluid in framerate as Garou, but in terms of keyframes and conveying the characters I think its still pretty tops. Also, as Nate pointed out, some characters seem to have more animation than others.

I WISH the animation were SFIII level, but that would probably require twice the frames, time and budget, and also the characters would be bouncier and stretchier and snapier than any SNK characters have ever been, which may be too much of a change.

not really twice the frames... it is smooth as is. plus it IS 4x the size of the old sprites (motw or sf3)I dont see why anyone would be so picky as it animates waay better than any current fighting game (blazblue or whatever.) I even prefer the aniamtion to sf4's

kofoguz
625th Post

"Re(9):Re(10):Re(10):Re(10):KOF XII Thread. A." , posted Sun 21 Sep 08:09post reply

quote:
And yet, more vids.

http://www2.axfc.net/uploader/Ar/so/8147 --141MB, 2min. Trailer. Shows some slick combos that players normally won't figure out in a short time, and some attacks that weren't available in the AMShow version. Lower quality Youtube vid here
--

Professor I cant download the files.What can I do?

[sigtag][/sigtag]

Professor
2509th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(10):Re(10):Re(10):Re(10):KOF XII Thread. A" , posted Sun 21 Sep 09:44:post reply

quote:
And yet, more vids.

--

Sorry, pass is 12 ! Don't forget the auth code in the right either.

[this message was edited by Professor on Sun 21 Sep 17:33]

emeraldazn
363th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(2):Re(10):Re(10):Re(10):Re(10):KOF XII Thr" , posted Sun 21 Sep 13:51post reply

quote:
And yet, more vids.

--

Sorry, pass is 12 ! Don't forget the sauth code in the right either.

Hmm..I can't get that 46 second video to download. The other japanese links work fine though. Is that link dead?

Professor
2509th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(3):Re(10):Re(10):Re(10):Re(10):KOF XII Thr" , posted Sun 21 Sep 17:36post reply

quote:
Hmm..I can't get that 46 second video to download. The other japanese links work fine though. Is that link dead?

If you're talking about this link
http://www1.axfc.net/uploader/O/so/63084
it's still alive, but the server's overloaded since it's the weekends. Keep trying.

Toxico
4465th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):Re(10):Re(10):Re(10):KOF XII Thr" , posted Sun 21 Sep 17:38:post reply

quote:

Also, for that video only, I have noticed that from time to time the site tells you "Conection busy, wait X minutes before retry" If you retry right away you will only load again another wait to retry page.

Fun fact For those who doesn't remember : Nona, "head" dotter of this game, was a "big shot" dotter for Garou, MotW.

Source: Iggy's pants

quote:
posted Mon 16 Oct 00:31

Actually, after further research, he was one of the key dotters of MOTW, wich forecasts good things for the new sprites of XII (since he knows the job and is responsible for some of the best sprites SNK ever did). The core game, impossible to tell, but at least it should end up good looking.

edit 2: I also wonder if the big amount of ugly cosplayers confirms Mai in the game

Also, famitu's take on the event.

The only evil of the word is the one in the heart of men

「原罪の十字架」

[this message was edited by Toxico on Mon 22 Sep 06:29]

emeraldazn
365th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(4):Re(10):Re(10):Re(10):Re(10):KOF XII Thr" , posted Sun 21 Sep 21:25:post reply

quote:

If you're talking about this link
http://www1.axfc.net/uploader/O/so/63084
it's still alive, but the server's overloaded since it's the weekends. Keep trying.

Is this the page where it means the server is being overloaded?
This is what a I get:
http://img172.imageshack.us/my.php?image=32130041nn0.jpg

[this message was edited by emeraldazn on Sun 21 Sep 21:26]

Professor
2511th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(5):Re(10):Re(10):Re(10):Re(10):KOF XII Thr" , posted Sun 21 Sep 22:00:post reply

quote:

Is this the page where it means the server is being overloaded?
This is what a I get:
http://img172.imageshack.us/my.php?image=32130041nn0.jpg

That's it. It's telling you to click on the button to retry. Don't wait for two long, do it within 2 minutes or else your session will expire.

Sometimes you'll get another authenitification screen with two numbers. If there's a 0 and a 1, press 0 if the number's even/ 1 if odd. Otherwise, press the number show in the middle circle.

[this message was edited by Professor on Sun 21 Sep 22:01]

nobinobita
405th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(2):Re(10):Re(10):Re(10):KOF XII Thread. A." , posted Sun 21 Sep 22:29post reply

quote:

)I dont see why anyone would be so picky as it animates waay better than any current fighting game (blazblue or whatever.) I even prefer the aniamtion to sf4's

I agree with you there. This is by far the best next-gen game I've seen and the animation is cut above most other games, 2-d or 3-d. I've been waiting most of my life for a game that looks like this.

Remember seeing the opening to Super SF2 and thinking "someday games will look like that!" Well that day has come.

kofoguz
627th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):Re(10):Re(10):Re(10):KOF XII Thr" , posted Mon 22 Sep 04:04:post reply

quote:

Thanks a lot. Trying now.
EDIT: Hard Luck! I can't reach the files something I did wrong or my computer has issues. Cause it says it doesnt have enough room while there is. Well gotta search for mirrors.

[sigtag][/sigtag]

[this message was edited by kofoguz on Mon 22 Sep 04:12]

Shindekudasai
264th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(3):Re(10):Re(10):Re(10):Re(10):KOF XII Thr" , posted Mon 22 Sep 09:33post reply

First - I think the new Athena sprite looks so much better with dark hair. Hoping they have a palette with it that isn't in funky colors.

Second, and most important, I gotta say I'm a bit concerned about Ryo in this game. He's always been one of my best characters and I really haven't seen any vids of him kicking ass. His best tools all seem to be missing: the flying chop, the backspin punch, the Tenchi-Haoh-Ken (at least I remembered ONE name :p). His Ko-oh-ken has no range at all and I doubt he'll have the aerial version. It stings even more comparing him with Robert, who has the long range Ryu-geki-ken, energy trail on the Ryu-ga (probably doesn't mean jack concerning hitboxes or whatever, but Ryo's doesn't look special at all), the aerial dive kick ... has anyone even seen Ryo use a Ryuko Ranbu? From what I've seen it looks like everybody got hit with the Nerf Stick at least a little (except Ash! ARGH!) but it seems Ryo got KTFO by a Nerf Tank!

Is anyone else watching their mains with trepidation? Let's hear it.

emeraldazn
365th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(4):Re(10):Re(10):Re(10):Re(10):KOF XII Thr" , posted Mon 22 Sep 10:52post reply

My main issue is the special effects, but its growing on me. That and the fact that Playmore will probably make it better in the final build.

badoor
48th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(4):Re(10):Re(10):Re(10):Re(10):KOF XII Thr" , posted Mon 22 Sep 11:13post reply

quote:
First - I think the new Athena sprite looks so much better with dark hair. Hoping they have a palette with it that isn't in funky colors.

Second, and most important, I gotta say I'm a bit concerned about Ryo in this game. He's always been one of my best characters and I really haven't seen any vids of him kicking ass. His best tools all seem to be missing: the flying chop, the backspin punch, the Tenchi-Haoh-Ken (at least I remembered ONE name :p). His Ko-oh-ken has no range at all and I doubt he'll have the aerial version. It stings even more comparing him with Robert, who has the long range Ryu-geki-ken, energy trail on the Ryu-ga (probably doesn't mean jack concerning hitboxes or whatever, but Ryo's doesn't look special at all), the aerial dive kick ... has anyone even seen Ryo use a Ryuko Ranbu? From what I've seen it looks like everybody got hit with the Nerf Stick at least a little (except Ash! ARGH!) but it seems Ryo got KTFO by a Nerf Tank!

Is anyone else watching their mains with trepidation? Let's hear it.

I wouldn't be worried about the gameplay right now since SNK did admit that the AM version is purely for graphical showcase (infinte supers, no powers meter or combo counter). The trailer that the professor provided did have moves not in the AM version so more moves and adjustments could be added to the characters.

However, I am a bit concerned about Kyo's return to pre-96 movelist and Ralf getting the "Takuma 2002" treatment since I like me some Aragami/Dokugami chains and from what I've seen Ralf has very few special moves. I do hope more moves would be added to both, especially Ralf.

and BTW, Ryo definitely has his ranbu. I've seen it several times in many videos and it's pretty much like Robert's, only it's missing the cool vest adjustment.

Iggy
8661th Post

"Re(5):Re(10):Re(10):Re(10):Re(10):KOF XII Thr" , posted Mon 22 Sep 20:30post reply

If you haven't seen it yet, the trailer is on the official site.

Toxico
4466th Post

"TGS stuff" , posted Tue 23 Sep 10:53post reply

quote:
If you haven't seen it yet, the trailer is on the official site.

SNK line up for the TGS It seems that they'll have 3 more characters for october. I will laugh if they happen to be Elizabeth, Goro and Iori.

Well, netherless I know that I won't be able to make a team of my odd ball favourite characters until XIII UM.

「原罪の十字架」

Just a Person
1221th Post

"Re(1):TGS stuff" , posted Tue 23 Sep 22:27post reply

quote:
SNK line up for the TGS It seems that they'll have 3 more characters for october. I will laugh if they happen to be Elizabeth, Goro and Iori.

That wouldn't be bad. Elizabeth got a brand new design; as for Iori, besides finally getting a new costume, it would be nice to find out how he is fighting after Ash stole his sacred treasure.

It would be better, though, if instead of Daimon one of these 3 characters is Raiden (aka Big Bear, not the Thunder God from Mortal Kombat).

I just hope Yuri manages to be in KOF XII, in the end...

I can be any person in the world... maybe I'm this person right in front of you... maybe I'm not.

Nate
953th Post

"Re(2):TGS stuff" , posted Wed 24 Sep 02:07post reply

quote:

...if and ONLY IF they give her a look like that one Kyokugen dojo picture Hiroaki did. I'm talking long hair worn down, not in a braid. With a different outfit. She's had the same costume LONGER THAN IORI!!!! Yuri only deserves to be in the game if they fix her to not look like she's been stuck in '94 for 14 god damn years.

Just a Person
1224th Post

"Re(3):TGS stuff" , posted Wed 24 Sep 02:12:post reply

quote:

...if and ONLY IF they give her a look like that one Kyokugen dojo picture Hiroaki did. I'm talking long hair worn down, not in a braid. With a different outfit. She's had the same costume LONGER THAN IORI!!!! Yuri only deserves to be in the game if they fix her to not look like she's been stuck in '94 for 14 god damn years.

Agreed.

EDIT: Although, well, at least Yuri's outfit could be worn by a woman in her 20s to 30s. Athena dressed as a schoolgirl and looking like a chubby teenager after years of story is more disturbing, I guess.

[this message was edited by Just a Person on Wed 24 Sep 02:14]

Iron D
2998th Post

"Re(3):TGS stuff" , posted Wed 24 Sep 04:52post reply

quote:

...if and ONLY IF they give her a look like that one Kyokugen dojo picture Hiroaki did. I'm talking long hair worn down, not in a braid. With a different outfit.

You mean the one from the art section of MotW?

Er.....

Variable Savior
445th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(3):TGS stuff" , posted Wed 24 Sep 07:38post reply

quote:

She's had the same costume LONGER THAN IORI!!!! Yuri only deserves to be in the game if they fix her to not look like she's been stuck in '94 for 14 god damn years.

AMEN!!

Her current outfit reminds me of 80's exercise clothing. And that's a bad thing

Blood marks heaven's path

Nate
954th Post

"Re(4):TGS stuff" , posted Wed 24 Sep 09:55post reply

quote:

That's the one. I would kill for an older Yuri like what they did with Ryo/Mr. Karate in Battle Coliseum.

The thing with Yuri is, I actually like how she plays but she's been stuck with her look/attitude EVEN LONGER than Iori. That's ridiculous. Judging by how Ryo and Robert turned out, however, we'd probably get the same old "I act like I'm five" Yuri as ever. Dammit, Imoya.

Iron D
3000th Post

"Re(5):TGS stuff" , posted Wed 24 Sep 10:31post reply

quote:

That's the one. I would kill for an older Yuri like what they did with Ryo/Mr. Karate in Battle Coliseum.

The thing with Yuri is, I actually like how she plays but she's been stuck with her look/attitude EVEN LONGER than Iori. That's ridiculous. Judging by how Ryo and Robert turned out, however, we'd probably get the same old "I act like I'm five" Yuri as ever. Dammit, Imoya.

That piece is definitely one of my four favorite pieces from that art section. That pic was pure badass, and I can agree that was the best that Yuri has ever looked.

Er.....

Toxico
4467th Post

"Re(3):TGS stuff" , posted Wed 24 Sep 10:52post reply

quote:
...if and ONLY IF they give her a look like that one Kyokugen dojo picture Hiroaki did. I'm talking long hair worn down, not in a braid.

Curiosity~tan requests a pic.

「原罪の十字架」

kofoguz
627th Post

"Re(5):TGS stuff" , posted Wed 24 Sep 14:01post reply

quote:

Yuri's 2003, Quote;
- VS Women Fighters Team: It's high time I make the most of my adult allure, eh?

[sigtag][/sigtag]

Shindekudasai
271th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(6):TGS stuff" , posted Wed 24 Sep 15:06post reply

I've been pining about Kyo's return to his '95 moveset, but I just had a brilliant idea: give Shingo the punch-chains! Not like it'll happen, but one can dream, right?

Hey, has anyone heard any music from the game? Since we're going retro with all the characters, what are the odds we'll get some kickin' remixes? On a whim I dug out my KOF soundtrack collection and listened the whole way through (well, I did skip a few tracks...), having not heard several of these for a few years I'd forgotten just how special they were (esp. 96-2k).

http://www.mmcafe.com/cgi-bin/forums/forum_avatars/faces/shindekudasailastsupper.jpg [Image Attached]

Iron D
3002th Post

"Re(4):TGS stuff" , posted Wed 24 Sep 15:48post reply

quote:
...if and ONLY IF they give her a look like that one Kyokugen dojo picture Hiroaki did. I'm talking long hair worn down, not in a braid.

I just tried searching for it, but I've had no luck. Sorry. Maybe someone else can succeed where I failed and find the pic in question?

Er.....

Toxico
4468th Post

"Re(5):TGS stuff" , posted Wed 24 Sep 15:54post reply

quote:
I just tried searching for it, but I've had no luck. Sorry. Maybe someone else can succeed where I failed and find the pic in question?

I spent some time googling certain tags as well with no avail, I was hoping for the solution to pop as something like "data load + cel phone pic".

「原罪の十字架」

Iggy
8664th Post

"Re(7):TGS stuff" , posted Wed 24 Sep 16:32post reply

quote:
Hey, has anyone heard any music from the game?

Some like, some don't, but there's something noteworthy: the sound effects (when you hit) seem good. No more of that weak "pshh pshh" in... well, almost all Imoya games.

Iron D
3003th Post

"Re(6):TGS stuff" , posted Wed 24 Sep 16:34post reply

quote:

I spent some time googling certain tags as well with no avail, I was hoping for the solution to pop as something like "data load + cel phone pic".

Didn't think of that. I'll give it a shot...tomorrow. Right now I'm in lazy mode.

Er.....

Ikari Loona
231th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(5):TGS stuff" , posted Wed 24 Sep 21:00post reply

quote:

There are bigger versions out there, but here's an official source:

http://www.garou15th.com/gallery/gallery9.php?num=9

"Beat the machine that works in your head!" - Guano Apes "Open Your Eyes"

nobinobita
408th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(6):TGS stuff" , posted Thu 25 Sep 00:38post reply

quote:

There are bigger versions out there, but here's an official source:

http://www.garou15th.com/gallery/gallery9.php?num=9

Thanks for the image. Through the magic of Tin Eye, here is a bigger image:

http://www.animextremist.com/artbooks/thekingoffighters-evolution/thekingoffightersevolution148.html

Toxico
4473th Post

"Re(7):TGS stuff" , posted Thu 25 Sep 01:00:post reply

quote:

http://www.animextremist.com/artbooks/thekingoffighters-evolution/thekingoffightersevolution148.html

Thanks for the image, seeing Ryuhaku Todoh, Dan Hibiki and Bruce Lee among the students is hard to phrase into words.

Edit : I remembered something... strange.... the TGS SNK article said "expect 3 new surprise characters", the last time I remembered them saying that was before they revealed Kyo, Iori and Mai for NGBC

「原罪の十字架」

[this message was edited by Toxico on Thu 25 Sep 12:32]

Shindekudasai
275th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(8):TGS stuff" , posted Thu 25 Sep 05:31post reply

Wow, cool image! Do you suppose that's what inspired NGBC Robert?

http://www.mmcafe.com/cgi-bin/forums/forum_avatars/faces/shindekudasailastsupper.jpg [Image Attached]

Toxico
4476th Post

"Re(8):TGS stuff" , posted Mon 29 Sep 00:25post reply

Strangely I was browsing through orochinagi (I usually don't) and someone posted up this pic saying that this game will have no storyline.

I wonder was does this truly means? crazy cameos on the backgrounds? Mature & Vice playable? Would we have to kill Rugal yet another time? I'm betting that the characters that are being drawn for this game would be reused on the next one (with storyline), so I won't encourage me to expect someone cool who has already kicked the bucket.

悪魔の化身か地獄の使者か
リングで突然相手が消える!!

Iggy
8672th Post

"Re(9):TGS stuff" , posted Mon 29 Sep 00:35post reply

quote:
I wonder was does this truly means?

Time and money were running low.

It might be a smart move... if Imoya survives long enough to finish this project in XIII.

Toxico
4477th Post

"Re(10):TGS stuff" , posted Mon 29 Sep 01:00post reply

quote:
Time and money were running low.

It might be a smart move... if Imoya survives long enough to finish this project in XIII.

The one thing that I figure is... interesting... is when they decided to have a no storyline game, at the beginning they where confident on a nice cast game with story, when reality struck them, they kept playing with dates and announcement and hiring dotting staff. If that choice was made short ago, then perhaps every character has been already developed to some stage. If they said years ago "no storyline", then seeing dream match people might not be a long shot after all.

Also, I do realize that for the next game not to be a cellphone, ds or wii ware dating sim or a taito X1 2k3 sprite mugen product, this KoF needs to refound.... like no other Imoya game has ever had

悪魔の化身か地獄の使者か
リングで突然相手が消える!!

Iggy
8673th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):TGS stuff" , posted Mon 29 Sep 01:51post reply

quote:
Also, I do realize that for the next game not to be a cellphone, ds or wii ware dating sim or a taito X1 2k3 sprite mugen product, this KoF needs to refound.... like no other Imoya game has ever had

I just want a nice Battle Colosseum 2... Is that too much, Imoya? IS THAT TOO MUCH?

Ishmael
3291th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):TGS stuff" , posted Mon 29 Sep 05:24post reply

For SNK's sake I hope the decision not to have a story was made fairly early in production. If it was decided on awhile ago then it was simply one of the many decisions that any project goes through as it develops. If it was decided recently then that means SNK realized that their resources were quickly drying up and that they were screwed unless they started making changes. Considering all the work that must be going into KoFXII I would hate for the game to be compromised at this point due to budget concerns or overly ambitious designs.

quote:

I just want a nice Battle Colosseum 2... Is that too much, Imoya? IS THAT TOO MUCH?

While we're at it I wouldn't mind seein a new RB game, MotW2, a SS game that doesn't suck... Anything that doesn't have the KoF title stamped on it or doesn't involve some sort of groping mechanic seems to be beyond SNK at the moment. It's too bad but I've taken to viewing SNK less as a multi-national corporation and more as a few people trying to build something in their garage during the weekend.

Freeter
4422th Post

"Re(4):Re(10):TGS stuff" , posted Mon 29 Sep 08:52post reply

A non-story KOF game, without set teams, yet titled KOF 12.

A non-Alpha SF game, taking place in-between SF2 and 3, yet titled SF 4.

Street Fighter 2010 is only a year and a half away...

Spoon
1629th Post

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(5):Re(10):TGS stuff" , posted Mon 29 Sep 13:37post reply

quote:

Just in time for the Olympics, too!

Just a Person
1228th Post

"Re(5):Re(10):TGS stuff" , posted Mon 29 Sep 21:15post reply

quote:
A non-story KOF game, without set teams, yet titled KOF 12.

A non-Alpha SF game, taking place in-between SF2 and 3, yet titled SF 4.

Wait, KoF XII won't have a story?? Are you serious??

Man, that's bad...

NARUTO
3678th Post

"Re(6):Re(10):TGS stuff" , posted Tue 30 Sep 19:38post reply

quote:

Man, that's bad...

Wrong the next arcadia just said the opposite, their is a story for KOF 12 it's just that SNK didn't finished it yet. more info in the next arcadia issue.

Fortes fortuna juvat...

Just a Person
1229th Post

"Re(7):Re(10):TGS stuff" , posted Tue 30 Sep 20:18post reply

quote:

Man, that's bad...
Wrong the next arcadia just said the opposite, their is a story for KOF 12 it's just that SNK didn't finished it yet. more info in the next arcadia issue.

Phew. Thank you for the explanation! King of Fighters needs to finish this story arc, after all.

Iggy
8677th Post

"Re(7):Re(10):TGS stuff" , posted Tue 30 Sep 20:48post reply

quote:

That's not how I read it. It says "we are building the game as a VS fighting tool. There won't be any story, but we will finish the Ash story (someday)(we swear)(have faith)".

NARUTO
3679th Post

"Re(8):Re(10):TGS stuff" , posted Wed 1 Oct 19:17post reply

quote:
That's not how I read it. It says "we are building the game as a VS fighting tool. There won't be any story, but we will finish the Ash story (someday)(we swear)(have faith)".

always liked you positive vison of the world...^_^

Fortes fortuna juvat...

Toxico
4479th Post

"Re(9):Re(10):TGS stuff" , posted Wed 1 Oct 23:40:post reply

cybafanatikushi has posted pics on Iori's new country star take clothes, Raiden and what seems to be Andy Bogard

quote:
always liked you positive vison of the world...^_^

Iggy needs to sleep with Hakase

悪魔の化身か地獄の使者か
リングで突然相手が消える!!

[this message was edited by Toxico on Wed 1 Oct 23:46]

Ishmael
3295th Post

"Re(10):Re(10):TGS stuff" , posted Thu 2 Oct 04:33post reply

Ooh, a new KoF pic.

Andy is back to his FF2 duds? That's not the most original of choices but considering some of the clunky outfits he's been saddled with over the years he could certainly do worse.

With his return to a clean shaven masked look, Raiden has gone through more wardrobe changes than a lot of the main characters.

Speaking of changes to the cast, I always wondered when Iori, who is thought to be fashionable in some circles, was ever going to change his outfit. But now that I see that he's switched to wearing Great Gatsby slacks and a tiny jacket with no shirt I realize that I should probably be careful what I wish for.

Nekros
98th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(2):Re(10):Re(10):TGS stuff" , posted Thu 2 Oct 04:41post reply

quote:
Ooh, a new KoF pic.

Andy is back to his FF2 duds?

Not only Andy. Every character is taken back to the roots in design (Terry with the original attire, even Athena in her "chubby schoolgirl from 80s" form).
Speaking about Iori... I'm not liking the new outfit so much, but I'm curious about how he plays without flames.

catalyst
436th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(3):Re(10):Re(10):TGS stuff" , posted Thu 2 Oct 06:32post reply

quote:

Speaking about Iori... I'm not liking the new outfit so much, but I'm curious about how he plays without flames.

I agree with not liking the Iori outfit change since it looks like pretty much just a different color swap to a degree, but I'm glad they got rid of those stupid leg wraps that were attached to his knees. I thought those were a bit ridiculous if you ask me.

This song is so true

Nekros
99th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(4):Re(10):Re(10):TGS stuff" , posted Thu 2 Oct 06:48post reply

quote:

I agree with not liking the Iori outfit change since it looks like pretty much just a different color swap to a degree, but I'm glad they got rid of those stupid leg wraps that were attached to his knees. I thought those were a bit ridiculous if you ask me.

Yeah, didn't like them either. But they give Iori a quite unique design.
And by the way, the design of the main character of Bayonetta reminds me a Onmyoji priestess with a DMC attitude: http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/21762

Short but good video, this game seems really good (not as Mad World, but interesting).

Toxico
4481th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):Re(10):TGS stuff" , posted Fri 3 Oct 03:42:post reply

quote:
Ooh, a new KoF pic.

SNK updated their TGS upcoming note, with some system issues and a clearer version of the previous pic here

Also, it seems that Raiden will be his evil self and not the "nice" Big Bear (I wonder if they are threating this as a wrestling identity, where the masked one is the evil and the normal one is nice and friendly to the heroes).

Also, I noticed that the Guard Attack was the name for blocking and using a stock with the CD, I wonder if that means such feature will be replaced with this new one.

Lastly, I found out about this in orochinagi again

悪魔の化身か地獄の使者か
リングで突然相手が消える!!

[this message was edited by Toxico on Fri 3 Oct 03:46]

Count Hihihi
122th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):Re(10):Re(10):TGS stuff" , posted Fri 3 Oct 04:31post reply

I like Andy, and I'm glad he's back.
I like Raiden, and I'm glad he's in the game.
And lastly, I like the "new" Iori.

So, is the roster full now?

Iggy
8680th Post

"Re(4):Re(10):Re(10):TGS stuff" , posted Fri 3 Oct 04:46post reply

Damn, that read "sôsai" ? I always thought it was "sôsatsu"... You learn something new every day !

quote:
So, is the roster full now?

I think we still have to see Elizabeth and Daimon, plus 2 unannounced characters. Am I correct ?

Hum. Maybe we should make a new thread ?

Time Mage
2711th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):Re(10):TGS stuff" , posted Fri 3 Oct 05:21post reply

quote:

Considering this is a Dream Match, I wouldn't be surprised if he plays with flames as always.

Andy: Meh.
Raiden: Good, but i find him strange with no beard.
Iori's new clothes: Not bad, not awesome. Fits him, and was a needed change, so overall, good.

"News flash big guy: You can wax on wax off all you want I'm still... KICKIN' YOUR ASS!"

Toxico
4483th Post

"Re(4):Re(10):Re(10):TGS stuff" , posted Fri 3 Oct 12:40:post reply

quote:
Considering this is a Dream Match, I wouldn't be surprised if he plays with flames as always.

After seeing how they reconnected Chang & Choi switching personalities (which could have been kinda cool), K' forsaking his globe (ergo, his ability to control fire), Krizalid's death and god knows what else; it would be foolish to expect storyline changes affect gameplay, specially for a character that caused the whole internet to go Shingo 23498239478291934 when he was thought death (aka let's take no risk with this guy).

悪魔の化身か地獄の使者か
リングで突然相手が消える!!

[this message was edited by Toxico on Fri 3 Oct 13:56]