Samurai Spirits Sen

All 3 on Taito's Type X2.

Replies:

NARUTO
3483th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):SNK new games" , posted Thu 14 Sep 18:03post reply

KOF 12, OK! Samusupi , OK... KOF MIa, to the hell with it... Since it failed so hard in japan I'm curious to know why they released it arcade wise.

Fortes fortuna juvat...

kyo717
180th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):SNK new games" , posted Thu 14 Sep 18:58post reply

quote:
KOF 12, OK! Samusupi , OK... KOF MIa, to the hell with it... Since it failed so hard in japan I'm curious to know why they released it arcade wise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rsMs6WbpKw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OMqo9WNGN4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WP-W4CTcK7s

Kikkoken
1102th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(3):SNK new games" , posted Thu 14 Sep 20:03post reply

I'm glad the 2D KOF series is still alive and kicking. Funny how after all those years I'm still hyped by that game.

Pollyanna
1992th Post

Gold Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(4):SNK new games" , posted Thu 14 Sep 20:14post reply

I guess they might as well put MI in arcades, since it won't cost them very much money. It won't make for a very good experience unless they balance stuff out, though.

The lack of anything but a logo for KOFXII tells me that I'm going to be playing KOFXI for quite a bit longer. I'm perfectly okay with that, though. I always liked the game, but it's held up better than expected. I play it with friends every week, and somehow, it keeps getting better and better.

NARUTO
3484th Post

"Re(5):SNK new games" , posted Thu 14 Sep 20:52post reply

Glad that they choose the TYPE-X board, more power + harddrive could mean high-rez or no loading

Fortes fortuna juvat...

D`Cloud
141th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):SNK new games" , posted Thu 14 Sep 21:49post reply

quote:
http://www.am-net.jp/show/am-show2006.html

KOF XII

KOF MAximum Impact Regulation A

Samurai Spirits Sen

All 3 on Taito's Type X2.

3d kof again. crap. hope samurai spirits doesnt look as bad as kofmi..

Where Life is more terrible than death it is then the truest valor to dare to live.
the empty room

Time Mage
2449th Post

"Re(6):SNK new games" , posted Thu 14 Sep 21:49post reply

quote:
Glad that they choose the TYPE-X board, more power + harddrive could mean high-rez or no loading

Yeah, high res. Keep dreaming.

The KOF MI video has hardly impressed me, I've never digged the KOF MI gameplay, and this one looks exactly the same as the previous two. And about KOF XII... I agree with Pollyanna, I can wait for it, KOF XI has a lot of life left.

VIEWTIFUL!

Evenor
478th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):SNK new games" , posted Thu 14 Sep 22:32post reply

quote:
http://www.am-net.jp/show/am-show2006.html

KOF XII

Samurai Spirits Sen

ASH!CRIMSON!

I'm fine with more KOF 3d. The games are just fun to mess around with a few hours. I don't know what to think about the 3D Samurai shodown. Maybe they will include "Warrior's Rage" characters! ( SAYA<3)

Also, I am excited to see how another 2D game ( that I won't play till a crappy port is made) develops. I am already prepared for the " WISHLISTS" threads.

ティッシュに包んだ純情
悪 趣 味 な行為を
羊が百匹 羊が百一匹 眠れない

Ishmael
2621th Post

"Re(2):SNK new games" , posted Thu 14 Sep 22:57post reply

The new SS title is a surprise but I'll have to wait for more information before I'll let myself get excited about the game. Still, just the idea that a new SS game is coming out -and with new graphics, no less- is something I never thought I would see just a few years ago.

Can someone remind me what games have been on the Type X2? Off the top of my head I can't remember.

kofoguz
450th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(3):SNK new games" , posted Fri 15 Sep 00:14post reply

quote:
Can someone remind me what games have been on the Type X2? Off the top of my head I can't remember.

I guess it's new.

exodus
3531th Post

"Re(3):SNK new games" , posted Fri 15 Sep 01:38post reply

quote:

internet

Maese Spt
293th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(4):SNK new games" , posted Fri 15 Sep 03:45post reply

Huh? At last,a (graphically) brand new Samurai Spirits? And in 3D? Surely I will regret this words, but it sounds pretty promising for the time being. I guess they will bring back a bunch of characters from the two previous 3D installements, which would count as a good idea on my book.

And about KOF... well, not that I really care, but a new MI is not bad news for me. That being said, I hope the new board would allow some graphic improvement, much needed in both 3D and 2D sagas... but I won't hold my breath, of course. It's SNK, after all.

マツケン サンバ!!!!

Stifu
334th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(5):SNK new games" , posted Fri 15 Sep 04:16post reply

I can't say I'm hyped about the graphics of a 3D game, "new" or not... They all look the same to me. They may even reuse Hanzo's model from KoF MI2...

Arngrim
181th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(6):SNK new games" , posted Fri 15 Sep 05:30post reply

WOHAAAA!!!!

Sugoi! Sugoi!!!

I thought that the Samurai Spirits saga was over after tenkaichi!!! These are great news! I hope new characters like Iroha and Ocha-maro make the cut! There are definetely some interesting ideas I want to see solved in 3D.

Maximum Impact Reg.A... I find this saga funny... all the fandom was screaming for Ash appearing there, so I think this move is right. This is a rather peculiar case: while I love some of the characters, I happen to hate others (Alba, Soiree). And definetely almost all of the original ones look out of place.

And what can I say about KOF XII... high expectations, as always... I can't wait to see it and play it!

But I still want to quench your thirst.
Because I am the one that put you into the desert.

Pollyanna
1993th Post

"Re(2):SNK new games" , posted Fri 15 Sep 06:07post reply

quote:

Also, I am excited to see how another 2D game ( that I won't play till a crappy port is made) develops. I am already prepared for the " WISHLISTS" threads.

Hey now, hey now, the KOF XI port was excellent. It had SHORTER load times than the arcades, a less broken mode and new characters. You can't ask for more! The Neowave and NGBC ports were also...erm...tolerable.

Hahaha...but watch, the KOF XII port will be like KOF98 on PS...almost completely unplayable. Then they'll port the new MI to whatever system, and it'll be completely messed up, like it wasn't on a home system to begin with.

Burning Ranger
1445th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(1):SNK new games" , posted Fri 15 Sep 06:30post reply

quote:

KOF XII

Samurai Spirits Sen

Great! At least we know XII is definitely in the works. Why bother with Maximum Impact...unless SNK is conditioning the public to accept a legitimate arcade 3D KOF. In the long run, this doesn't feel right.

Wondering if Capcom has anything to show...

Advanced Cyborg E. Branger AKA Burning Ranger

...and for Guilty Gear X2 # Reload!

Iggy
7901th Post

"Re(2):SNK new games" , posted Fri 15 Sep 07:10post reply

quote:
Wondering if Capcom has anything to show...

A new Sengoku BASARA for PS2 and Wii.

Speaking of KOF 98, rumors has it that Ultimate Match would ship at 3900 yen, which is quite a blow. MOTW was that price, and it had nothing over the regular rom.
New expectations are 98 will have the NG version, the DC version for whatever person thinks the 3D background weren't lame even at the time, and voilà.

Oh, and also yet another interview swearing that they intended to add the boss team, Kasumi, Goenitz and Eiji this time, but, for the 4th time, they couldn't because, you know, stuff.

The rumor better be wrong, Imo.

exodus
3533th Post

"Re(3):SNK new games" , posted Fri 15 Sep 09:03post reply

quote:
they couldn't because, you know, stuff.

the classic excuse.

Iggy
7906th Post

"Re(1):SNK new games" , posted Mon 18 Sep 19:44post reply

I totally missed it then, but when asked why they were moving to Type X 2 for KOF XII, the SNK spokeman answered it was because lots of fans were tired of the same old sprites and they wanted to make everything more pretty to make the jump to the next-gen.

Not that it means anything, of course, Imoya never was a company to be believed.
Also, the logo of KOF XII is reminicent of the 2001 logo.
With all of this, and XII being an uneven KOF, my money is on a very bad KOF that will evolve in a great XIII.

Cain Highwind
715th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(2):SNK new games" , posted Mon 18 Sep 20:42:post reply

quote:
I totally missed it then, but when asked why they were moving to Type X 2 for KOF XII, the SNK spokeman answered it was because lots of fans were tired of the same old sprites and they wanted to make everything more pretty to make the jump to the next-gen.

My guess is that they'll be using that Rebout filter for the sprites, which wouldn't be necessarily bad, but who knows.

EDIT: Agreed on the last comment too, of course, it sounds like they don't necessarily mean XII, it could just be a "future" game like "Now we have the hardware to 'eventually' do new sprites."

[this message was edited by Cain Highwind on Mon 18 Sep 21:18]

IkariDC
567th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(3):SNK new games" , posted Mon 18 Sep 21:57post reply

quote:

My guess is that they'll be using that Rebout filter for the sprites, which wouldn't be necessarily bad, but who knows.

If it was just a filter, don't you think it would be silly not to include it in all those Neo Geo Online collection games?

They had to redraw all of the sprites, so besides of what you think it looked like, it's a lot of work.

GAZEROCK IS NOT DEAD

Cain Highwind
715th Post

"Re(4):SNK new games" , posted Tue 19 Sep 04:43post reply

quote:

If it was just a filter, don't you think it would be silly not to include it in all those Neo Geo Online collection games?

They had to redraw all of the sprites, so besides of what you think it looked like, it's a lot of work.

Sorry for the misunderstanding, I meant, "adding the Rebout look" which definetely looks like SOME kind of filter and THEN they draw in extra little details on the face and clothes. The sprites are nicely touched up, but I wouldn't call them completely redrawn (ie from scratch)

And I don't find it a BAD thing at all, like I said in the recent news topic, the 94 RB sprites LOOKED great, but still retained some very AWKWARD animation. Adding the style to 98 game or newer game that has significantly improved Animation would look great. Plus adding that to a silky smoothly animated character like Oswald would be heaven. If you play KoF 2003 for the PS2, the ending/story cutscenes also have the sprites in "Rebout style" except they don't animate (only for Mukai's little animation)

Pollyanna
1999th Post

"Re(5):SNK new games" , posted Tue 19 Sep 05:55post reply

I'm not expecting anything at all, but if they -were- to do something new, a redraw makes sense, because then they could keep the same hit boxes/timing etc. (mostly), right? Totally redrawing would be like building the game from the ground up, which could be a bad thing.

Regardless, I would expect a "lean" year if they do redraws, and as Iggy said, a better game for the sequel.

If they do such a thing, then I once again cry for a "all inclusive" Neowave 2.

kofoguz
452th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(6):SNK new games" , posted Tue 19 Sep 19:26post reply

I dont want to sound rude but, I thought they were going to show vid of 98 ultimate match, and some other games like Air Dash. Is TGS over or theyre having a break? Cause except those three games I didnt see anything about other SnkP games in any site. Please excuse me and inform me.

Iggy
7907th Post

"Re(7):SNK new games" , posted Tue 19 Sep 20:56post reply

The TGS hasn't begun yet.

Iggy
7909th Post

"More SNK new games" , posted Wed 20 Sep 23:18post reply

Moe really seems the only way chosen by SNK now.
3 DS games :
『どきどき魔女裁判』 (dokidoki majo saiban)
the heroin is a very evil person who is tricked by god into participating to a witch hunt. Adventure.

『電子メイド手帳』 (Denshi Maid Techô)
A simulation game starring Iroha.

『キミの勇者』(Your hero)
A RPG aimed to light users.

I'm feeling dirty. SNK is once again making another move towards the dôjin soft market.

exodus
3536th Post

"Re(1):More SNK new games" , posted Thu 21 Sep 00:24post reply

quote:

can you post about this? I'm uh...well I'm in japan with no japanese support on my laptop. My company is MADE OUT OF GENIUS.

Abster
289th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(2):More SNK new games" , posted Thu 21 Sep 01:24post reply

Well, since these games are for the DS at least we get a chance to be able to play them.

How are you going to simulate Iroha?

Ishmael
2627th Post

"Re(3):More SNK new games" , posted Thu 21 Sep 03:03post reply

Although I share Iggy's trepidation about SNK's slide down the doujin slope I am glad to see that SNK is trying to make something that isn't KoF or Metal Slug.

quote:
How are you going to simulate Iroha?

Cleaning the house while not wearing pants would be a pretty good simulation of Iroha.

Iggy
7910th Post

"Re(2):More SNK new games" , posted Thu 21 Sep 03:25post reply

exodus : done.

Please heavily rephrase, my brain is EIGHT NEW ZONES!!1!!! shutting down.

Arngrim
184th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):More SNK new games" , posted Thu 21 Sep 04:40post reply

quote:
3 DS games :
『どきどき魔女裁判』 (dokidoki majo saiban)
the heroin is a very evil person who is tricked by god into participating to a witch hunt. Adventure.

『電子メイド手帳』 (Denshi Maid Techô)
A simulation game starring Iroha.

『キミの勇者』(Your hero)
A RPG aimed to light users.

I'm feeling dirty. SNK is once again making another move towards the dôjin soft market.

WHAT!?!?!?!?!!???

That sounds AWESOME so far!!! I can't believe they are developing this!!!

The Iroha sim definetely sounds like a doujin game!!!! It's incredible they are creating such a risky title, seeing the natural tendence of "not shake things at all" that SNK has follow for so many years.

Glad to see they are putting things on the line, the premise for this game sounds like good material.

This together with the new announcements and Card Clash DS are getting my hopes really up!

kofoguz
453th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(8):SNK new games" , posted Thu 21 Sep 05:09post reply

quote:
The TGS hasn't begun yet.

Sorry my bad, it was AMOA they were announced these title.... I thought it was TGS.
Thanks.

Maese Spt
301th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(9):SNK new games" , posted Thu 21 Sep 07:23post reply

I fail to see how an Iroha simulator could be labelled as "risky"... I think it's more like giving the otaku masses what they're screaming for: マイド

マツケン サンバ!!!!

Burning Ranger
1448th Post

"Sorta New?!? (KOF 2006)" , posted Thu 21 Sep 07:28post reply

I picked up KOF 2006 (AKA Max Impact 2) today. I preordered it hoping to get the KOF Another Day DVD... but the stupid store didn't get any. Did anyone else get it?

And the game is too short.

Freeter
4352th Post

"Re(10):SNK new games" , posted Thu 21 Sep 07:37post reply

quote:
I fail to see how an Iroha simulator could be labelled as "risky"...

They'll be touching more than the touch screen, that's for sure...

Pollyanna
2003th Post

"Re(10):SNK new games" , posted Thu 21 Sep 07:40post reply

quote:
I fail to see how an Iroha simulator could be labelled as "risky"... I think it's more like giving the otaku masses what they're screaming for: マイド

I wish Iroha wasn't such a crappy character. I mean, I like her design okay, but that's all the there is to like. That's more than enough for fanboy types, but...I wish she had more personality or something. (or was interesting to use, or anything). It wouldn't matter if she wasn't marketed so much...

Arngrim
185th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(10):SNK new games" , posted Thu 21 Sep 07:57post reply

quote:

It IS risky... imho (and hopefully risqué). I can't remember at the moment any game with similar features, and surely won't appeal to the masses like a fighting or adventure game does.

I think otaku masses are screaming several things at the same time... xD

catalyst
174th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):Sorta New?!? (KOF 2006)" , posted Thu 21 Sep 11:04post reply

quote:
I picked up KOF 2006 (AKA Max Impact 2) today. I preordered it hoping to get the KOF Another Day DVD... but the stupid store didn't get any. Did anyone else get it?

And the game is too short.

Me neither I was hoping to get KOF another day myself, I heard it was supposed to be shrink wrapped with the game. Akward for it to be announced and be not there but eh. Fun game though.

"You and Wilson have my skills Mr Hayden. In return I received a taste for Radiohead and an encyclopediac knowledge of pornographic knock-knock jokes. Yes I'd like to switch back if possible" - Black Swan

Iggy
7915th Post

"SNK TGS" , posted Fri 22 Sep 18:44:post reply

PS2
Samurai Spirits Rokuban Shôbu
All (including Supisupe ?) Samurai Spirits. Online, color Edit.

World Heroes Gorgeous.
All 4 WH. Online, Color Edit.

KOF 98 Ultimate Match
Online, color Edit.
Choose between original (MVS game) and arrange mode.
Arrange : more characters, more modes, small fixes (including new moves for some characters ?)
New characters confirmed : Geese, Kasumi, Eiji, Kyô with his new clothes.
Terry has the buster wolf.

ARCADES

KOF MI Regurgitation
A remix of the PS2 MI2.
No Armor Ralf, Ash instead.

Samurai Spirits Sen : only Haômaru's CG

KOF XII : the end of Ash's story. Like XI, several hidden characters who won't have anything to do with the main story. more old characters returning then new characters (?)
Only the logo was shown.
No word on wether the game will be redrawn or not.

linky :
http://www.famitsu.com/game/event/2006/09/21/264,1158832443,60426,0,0.html
the DS games were not a joke...

Tomorrow : Falcoon will talk about Card Fighter DS.

[this message was edited by Iggy on Fri 22 Sep 19:15]

Tai-Pan
152th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):SNK TGS" , posted Fri 22 Sep 19:37post reply

quote:
PS2

World Heroes Gorgeous.

KOF 98 Ultimate Match
Online, color Edit.
Arrange : more characters, more modes, small fixes (including new moves for some characters ?)

ARCADES

KOF MI Regurgitation
A remix of the PS2 MI2.

KOF XII : the end of Ash's story. Like XI, several hidden characters who won't have anything to do with the main story. more old characters returning then new characters (?)
Only the logo was shown.

linky :

Cool news, thanks

"Those who follow the path of a warrior must be ready to die in order to stand for one's convictions live for one's convictions die for one's convictions"

Burning Ranger
1449th Post

"Re(1):SNK TGS" , posted Fri 22 Sep 20:04post reply

quote:
PS2

World Heroes Gorgeous.

KOF 98 Ultimate Match
Online, color Edit.

ARCADES

KOF MI Regurgitation
A remix of the PS2 MI2.

Only the logo was shown.

linky :

Knowing how SNK is over here, I doubt we'll see US releases of some of these. I can't wait to see some screenshots.

Arngrim
186th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):SNK TGS" , posted Fri 22 Sep 22:46post reply

KOF MI Regurgitation? ...wait

OK... "Regulation A" sounded kina lame but... taking into account the main connotations of the verb "Regurgitate" in spanish (the technique of some mammals of vomiting the same food again and again in order to ease the effort to digest it), I think this turns into a rather dark metaphor of what SNK has been doing lately...

Saiki
221th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(3):SNK TGS" , posted Fri 22 Sep 22:53post reply

according to Nona, the graphics will be redone for KOFXII.
And Rei SP doesn't like look like it will be in the SS collection.....

Iggy
7916th Post

"Re(4):SNK TGS" , posted Sat 23 Sep 01:11:post reply

quote:
according to Nona, the graphics will be redone for KOFXII.

Hooray!
quote:
And Rei SP doesn't like look like it will be in the SS collection.....

But if they don't add Supisupe, which could be the 6 games ?
SS, SSS, Musôken, Kôrin, SSO... ?
OR OR OR, Or maybe they won't add SSO because it has been released separately on PS2, and then the 2 games could be the 2 NG64 games ?
Unlikely.
Or maybe up to SSO, then the PS1 horrible game ?

[this message was edited by Iggy on Sat 23 Sep 01:14]

Abster
291th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(5):SNK TGS" , posted Sat 23 Sep 01:17:post reply

http://www.dengekionline.com/data/news/2006/9/22/679a904c3833bdf056a872313d37fdd3.html

Redone graphics for KOF12 are said to be confirmed in this article. You also get the first shot of the Iroha simulation game.

I would think SNKUSA would be smart enough to bring the SS compilation here at least.

EDIT:

http://psp.ign.com/articles/734/734350p1.html

Also, Metal Slug 6 is now confirmed to be part of the MS Anthology.

[this message was edited by Abster on Sat 23 Sep 01:32]

Iggy
7917th Post

"Re(1):SNK TGS" , posted Sat 23 Sep 01:51:post reply

On KOF 98 Ultimate Match :

The arrange mode has an "Ultimate Match" logo. The original mode has the regular logo, it seems to be a complete port with just the online and the color edit added.

The arrange mode has several new modes over the regular arrange and extra (a total of four ?) the select screen was not shown yet. Characters in the trailer : Kyô, Iori, Kasumi, Geese, Terry, Kyô in regular clothes, Lucky, Omega Rugal. In the gackground, Vice, Mature, Eiji, Goenitz, Robert, Kim and some others were waiting. (Character waiting are still here ! thank god ! and Goenitz!)
New energy (green, then red) and power gauge (somehow like the N groove in CvS2, except the stocks were shown as a number).
An alternative (with the same old clothes) Terry was doing some sort of fire kick SC Buster Wolf.
Kyô in regular clothes has the 182 shiki.
Kasumi has hes super throw.
Omega Rugal has his 02 teleport attack.

The winning drawings were Shinkirô-ish, and not the regular 98 ones. Not sure if it was him, but since Shinkirô is freelance, it might be.
The game is not high reso like 94 Rebout, but it seems a bit more clean (?)
Also, when asked if they could release this version of 98 in the arcades, they answered they were thinking about it and it would depend of the reception of the game.

Ijô.
The guy wasn't sure of all this, he will come back tomorrow and check everything again. The video was shown only twice, while the MI:A one was running almost everytime.

[this message was edited by Iggy on Sat 23 Sep 01:52]

Ishmael
2630th Post

"Re(2):SNK TGS" , posted Sat 23 Sep 02:37post reply

Wow, thanks for the info everyone. SNK has some potentially interesting releases on the horizon although using "gorgeous" to describe World Heroes seems off somehow.

Saiki
222th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(5):SNK TGS" , posted Sat 23 Sep 03:26post reply

quote:

But if they don't add Supisupe, which could be the 6 games ?
SS, SSS, Musôken, Kôrin, SSO... ?
OR OR OR, Or maybe they won't add SSO because it has been released separately on PS2, and then the 2 games could be the 2 NG64 games ?
Unlikely.
Or maybe up to SSO, then the PS1 horrible game ?

SS, SSS, Zan, Ama, Rei, Tenka

I have no clue why tho.....
makes me wonder what the point of me buying Tenka was....

Kikkoken
1106th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Metal Slug 6 in MS Anthology Wii & PSP" , posted Sat 23 Sep 04:42:post reply

GoNintendo report that Metal Slug Anthology for Wii & PSP will include Metal Slug 6. That's excellent news.

[this message was edited by Kikkoken on Sat 23 Sep 04:43]

Iggy
7917th Post

"Re(6):SNK TGS" , posted Sat 23 Sep 04:53post reply

quote:

WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK !?

Abster
292th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(7):SNK TGS" , posted Sat 23 Sep 06:31:post reply

Yeah I'd prefer the Hyper 64 games and SS0 Special myself.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6158355.html?tag=latestnews;title;1

According to this article, Sen is being developed by K2, the same company that made the graphics for the most recent Tenchu games.

[this message was edited by Abster on Sat 23 Sep 06:41]

Iggy
7921th Post

"SNK TGS" , posted Sat 23 Sep 17:53post reply

KOF MI RA is a 3 on 3 game.

Samurai Spirits Sen is made by K2, a team led by the creator of KOF 94 (and therefore member of the original team behind Samurai Spirits).

Cain Highwind
716th Post

"Re(1):SNK TGS" , posted Sat 23 Sep 20:32post reply

quote:
KOF MI RA is a 3 on 3 game.

Samurai Spirits Sen is made by K2, a team led by the creator of KOF 94 (and therefore member of the original team behind Samurai Spirits).

Now THAT'S an interesting tidbit, Gamespot simply reported that K2 were the developers behind the Tenchu series.

kofoguz
455th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(2):SNK TGS" , posted Sat 23 Sep 22:28:post reply

Some cool DS cards

[this message was edited by kofoguz on Sun 24 Sep 00:53]

Zepy
1286th Post

"Re(3):SNK TGS" , posted Sun 24 Sep 01:40post reply

dokidoki majo saiban.
DSでエロゲ キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━ !!

I can't wait to get the game so I can use the touch screen to lift the skirts of all the girls I see to check if they're witches.

Maese Spt
304th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(2):SNK TGS" , posted Sun 24 Sep 01:56post reply

quote:

Now THAT'S an interesting tidbit, Gamespot simply reported that K2 were the developers behind the Tenchu series.

Back to the basics, huh? That's great news for me. Bringing back the guys who forged the legend is always a good idea. Now I can expect something more than an empty divertimento; maybe this time I will be able to enjoy myself again playing a SS.

マツケン サンバ!!!!

Abster
292th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(3):SNK TGS" , posted Sun 24 Sep 07:33post reply

http://ffl.sakura.ne.jp/

After successful announcement of Metal Slug Anthology for PSP, which was well-received by the fans, SNK Playmore is planning to bring King Of Fighters and Samurai Shodown to PSP as well. No other information is announced so far.

Siegfried
450th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(4):SNK TGS" , posted Sun 24 Sep 08:25post reply

I just love the artwork of CF DS!

----------------
Webmaster of Fighter Mania
kattuggla.oru.se/dmd01/dm0103/test/

Pollyanna
2011th Post

"Re(4):SNK TGS" , posted Sun 24 Sep 09:19post reply

quote:
dokidoki majo saiban.
DSでエロゲ キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━ !!

I can't wait to get the game so I can use the touch screen to lift the skirts of all the girls I see to check if they're witches.

No kidding! Somehow, that really appeals to me as well. I guess I really like silly, "innocent" pseudo-eroticism like that...or maybe it's the artwork. I'm not usually into that sort of thing, but that guy's really good at what he does. I sort of wish the new Card Battle looked like that.

As for the SS deal, I'd say that its probably more relevant that they worked on Tenchu, given that the original SS is so outdated, and inferior to SSV. I mean, the sentiment is nice, and it's a good thing to say, but the game is so old and irrelevant at this point that it's better to look at what those people have done more recently.

Spoon
1360th Post

"Re(5):SNK TGS" , posted Sun 24 Sep 09:25post reply

quote:
As for the SS deal, I'd say that its probably more relevant that they worked on Tenchu, given that the original SS is so outdated, and inferior to SSV. I mean, the sentiment is nice, and it's a good thing to say, but the game is so old and irrelevant at this point that it's better to look at what those people have done more recently.

Getting people who have worked on more recent/modern things is a totally valid thing to do, but I have yet to play a Tenchu game that I like, so this isn't positive news to me.

CFC DS portraits look nice.

Iggy
7922th Post

"Re(6):SNK TGS" , posted Sun 24 Sep 19:55post reply

Just to clear things out : he worked on KOF 94, which was made by the team who worked on the first SS series.
I don't know what he did on 94, and I don't know if he did anything on SS.
Someone should finish these games and see if they see his name in the credits.

IkariDC
571th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(7):SNK TGS" , posted Sun 24 Sep 22:49post reply

quote:
Just to clear things out : he worked on KOF 94, which was made by the team who worked on the first SS series.
I don't know what he did on 94, and I don't know if he did anything on SS.
Someone should finish these games and see if they see his name in the credits.

K2 is credited in the "Program" section in SS, and he is not credited at all in KOF94.

GAZEROCK IS NOT DEAD

Iggy
7925th Post

"youtube (bad news ?)" , posted Mon 25 Sep 21:48:post reply

No new characters and the new modes that were reported before in the 98UM video...
tsuri ? tsuri tsuri ?
NeoGeo Hakase confirmed the balance tweaks and new characters, though.

In a totally unrelated note, didn't Nona draw the MOTW intro ?

[this message was edited by Iggy on Mon 25 Sep 23:15]

Fuchikoma
1434th Post

"Re(5):SNK TGS" , posted Tue 26 Sep 13:32post reply

Is it just me or does the CFC artwork look a lot like the Namco X Capcom artwork?

Shin_ATproof
1213th Post

"Re(6):SNK TGS" , posted Fri 29 Sep 15:50post reply

The fact that SNKP is not adding SS0Sp to the PS2 collection and replaced it with SST really pisses me off.

I just bought Tenka last month! I loved the game in the Arcades and love that I can play it at home anytime I want but WHY DON'T WE GET A HOME VERSION OF SPECIAL!? The game was incredible. I still have to buy this new SS collection (as well as the RealBout) simply because I can use my HRAP to play Arcade perfect ports of SS1,2&4 (as well as RB2) but the fact that there won't be a home version of SS0Sp and that I bought SST very recently (its not an old game) really makes me feel like I've been cheated by SNKP.

Sí mon con langosta y camarón

Iggy
7930th Post

"Re(7):SNK TGS" , posted Fri 29 Sep 17:11post reply

quote:
I just bought Tenka last month! I loved the game in the Arcades and love that I can play it at home anytime I want but WHY DON'T WE GET A HOME VERSION OF SPECIAL!? The game was incredible. I still have to buy this new SS collection (as well as the RealBout) simply because I can use my HRAP to play Arcade perfect ports of SS1,2&4 (as well as RB2) but the fact that there won't be a home version of SS0Sp and that I bought SST very recently (its not an old game) really makes me feel like I've been cheated by SNKP.

My guess is : the Tenka included in the compilation will be "arcade perfect !", which means, without any of the bonusses added to the port. Yeah.

On the the other hand, this game is scheduled for what, end 2007, which means we should see it by mid-2008.
They have the time to change it.

Abster
295th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(8):SNK TGS" , posted Sat 30 Sep 02:25post reply

quote:

My guess is : the Tenka included in the compilation will be "arcade perfect !", which means, without any of the bonusses added to the port. Yeah.

On the the other hand, this game is scheduled for what, end 2007, which means we should see it by mid-2008.
They have the time to change it.

Who knows, but some people suggest that 0 Sp will not be included to respect that it's the very last Neo Geo release. I still think the fallout from the censorship scandal is the more believable reason to believe they won't bring it up.

Iggy
7932th Post

"Re(9):SNK TGS" , posted Sat 30 Sep 02:48post reply

quote:
Who knows, but some people suggest that 0 Sp will not be included to respect that it's the very last Neo Geo release.

LOL.

exodus
3544th Post

"Re(9):SNK TGS" , posted Sat 30 Sep 04:03post reply

quote:
I still think the fallout from the censorship scandal is the more believable reason to believe they won't bring it up.

oh yeah, that guy!

Spoon
1365th Post

"Re(10):SNK TGS" , posted Sat 30 Sep 05:24post reply

I'm just curious but did SS0S enjoy much of a scene in Japan, or did it just get pushed aside by Tenka?

SS seems to be a niche even in the one country where it has a living communities of regular players. But Tenka seems to be enjoying a good competitive community, at least in Japan anyway.

Iggy
7933th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):SNK TGS" , posted Sat 30 Sep 08:03post reply

quote:
I'm just curious but did SS0S enjoy much of a scene in Japan, or did it just get pushed aside by Tenka?

Yeah, Supisupe was destined to a very small niche, and while Tenka broaden the public a little, it still has a smaller following than Kof, GG or Melty Blood.

aderack
258th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(3):Re(10):SNK TGS" , posted Mon 2 Oct 18:34post reply

Tell me what to make of this:

On the less-used stage, right before a live Athena "interview, there was a trailer that gave an extended plot dump of Mark of the Wolves, from start to end, with spoken dialog. They basically spoiled the entire plot. Then after Rock's ending, the trailer faded out -- only to fade back in, and to keep going, using brand new high-res art in the MotW style.

I can't remember what happened immediately afterward. After a minute, though, Mary turned up and discussed something with Terry; he got on the back of her bike, and they rode off. Then this text appeared, that Tim translated as something to the effect of "The story of the Wolf continues". (I'm sure someone here can do better.) Then there was a Garou Densestsu 15th anniversary trailer, that outlined the entire story behind the series.

http://www.aderack.com/temp/images/motw2-2.jpg [Image Attached]

http://www.aderack.com/temp/images/motw2-3.jpg [Image Attached]

http://www.aderack.com/temp/images/motw2-4.jpg [Image Attached]

http://www.aderack.com/temp/images/motw2-5.jpg [Image Attached]

I only started taking pictures toward the end, after it occurred to me that someone might be interested in seeing this. It's... kind of suspicious.

Gojira
2052th Post

"Re(4):Re(10):SNK TGS" , posted Mon 2 Oct 18:54post reply

Intriguing...

Original games, redrawing KoF, and now a morsel of a hint that there could be a sequel to MotW... could the coming years be another renaissance for SNK?

I still haven't played KoFXI :(

Iggy
7934th Post

"Re(4):Re(10):SNK TGS" , posted Mon 2 Oct 19:33post reply

quote:
Tim translated as something to the effect of "The story of the Wolf continues".

The wolves don't sleep.

Zepy
1288th Post

"Re(5):Re(10):SNK TGS" , posted Mon 2 Oct 23:36post reply

quote:
Tim translated as something to the effect of "The story of the Wolf continues".

Doesn't Tim know japanese? I'm surprised, I always had the impression that he understood japanese.

Iggy
7935th Post

"Re(6):Re(10):SNK TGS" , posted Tue 3 Oct 01:07post reply

quote:
Doesn't Tim know japanese? I'm surprised, I always had the impression that he understood japanese.

Of course he does, he knows two famous chinese poems by heart, that's nearly the same.

Amakusa
676th Post

"Re(4):Re(10):SNK TGS" , posted Tue 3 Oct 01:55post reply

quote:

I've read before the show that SNK Playmore planned to continue the story started in MOTW somehow even if it's not in a MOTW 2 situation. Its anyone's guess what that meant, but it seems like they're prepared to follow through with it now.

I found Kagami's sword in a junk yard.
I will rule the world and find that truly good cup of coffee.
"Dink-a-dink-a-dink-a-do."

exodus
3546th Post

"Re(6):Re(10):SNK TGS" , posted Tue 3 Oct 02:09post reply

quote:

Doesn't Tim know japanese?

he does, it's more likely an aderack misremembrance...

aderack
259th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(7):Re(10):SNK TGS" , posted Tue 3 Oct 03:39post reply

quote:
it's more likely an aderack misremembrance...

There are a few of those.

Iggy
7938th Post

"Re(1):SNK new games" , posted Sat 7 Oct 00:01post reply

SNK's TGS video (22 minutes) will be shown on Showtime, starting this evening.

aderack
260th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(2):SNK new games" , posted Sat 7 Oct 00:53post reply

What, not HBO?

Cain Highwind
723th Post

"TGS Trailer Up" , posted Sat 7 Oct 10:58post reply

http://asx.showtime.jp/asx/game/20061006/f01gme069001001200935_0500.asx

It was nice to see the new MI and SS in high quality, but nothing else new (no Ultimate Match footage aside from old KoF 98 stuff)

Iggy
7940th Post

"Re(1):SNK new games" , posted Sat 7 Oct 22:08post reply

Not work safe

This is the future of SNK.

Oroch
894th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(4):Re(10):SNK TGS" , posted Sun 8 Oct 00:46post reply

quote:

On the less-used stage, right before a live Athena "interview, there was a trailer that gave an extended plot dump of Mark of the Wolves, from start to end, with spoken dialog. They basically spoiled the entire plot. Then after Rock's ending, the trailer faded out -- only to fade back in, and to keep going, using brand new high-res art in the MotW style.

I can't remember what happened immediately afterward. After a minute, though, Mary turned up and discussed something with Terry; he got on the back of her bike, and they rode off. Then this text appeared, that Tim translated as something to the effect of "The story of the Wolf continues". (I'm sure someone here can do better.) Then there was a Garou Densestsu 15th anniversary trailer, that outlined the entire story behind the series.

I only started taking pictures toward the end, after it occurred to me that someone might be interested in seeing this. It's... kind of suspicious.

YOU FOOL IT WASNT BLUE MARY, SHE IS DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! ALL OF TERRY'S GIRLFRIENDS DIE! DIE! DIE!

Bata kun
2937th Post

"Late to the party, but..." , posted Sat 14 Oct 06:20post reply

Eh. I could care less about the three new Taito Type X2 games. Only "Sen" interests me, but not a whole lot.

Next year, this is what my game shopping list will look like:

- "Denshi Maid Tenchou"
- "Dokidoki Majo Saiban"
- "Rokuban Shoubu"
- "Metal Slug VI" (yes, it came out last month, but there's one game I still need to get)

quote:

The Hell? Well, if I can get "Rei" and "Tenka" in one collection, it helps, but still, this makes me wonder why this would be the case. I don't know if my friend will buy this even though he has "Tenka".

quote:

Ah, I so want my second game of the "Mark of the Wolves" saga already.

quote:
YOU FOOL IT WASNT BLUE MARY, SHE IS DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! ALL OF TERRY'S GIRLFRIENDS DIE! DIE! DIE!

I am not going to bother giving out something witty here.

Iggy
7953th Post

"Re(1):Late to the party, but..." , posted Sat 14 Oct 18:12:post reply

quote:
Next year, this is what my game shopping list will look like:
- "Denshi Maid Tenchou"
- "Dokidoki Majo Saiban"

*Points and laughs*

Also, here are the pamphlets.
Notice Liz and Ash's Nona art for KOF XII.

[this message was edited by Iggy on Sat 14 Oct 20:07]

Bata kun
2938th Post

"Re(2):Late to the party, but..." , posted Sun 15 Oct 00:17post reply

Was I drunk or something like that to mention that list? Could be. That or it's something I said earlier. XP

Oh.

quote:
In a totally unrelated note, didn't Nona draw the MOTW intro?

No.

D`Cloud
142th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):Late to the party, but..." , posted Sun 15 Oct 01:21post reply

quote:

pamphlets

- ew. kof:mia - ew too.

Where Life is more terrible than death it is then the truest valor to dare to live.
the empty room

Cain Highwind
724th Post

"Re(1):Late to the party, but..." , posted Sun 15 Oct 11:50post reply

quote:
Eh. I could care less about the three new Taito Type X2 games. Only "Sen" interests me, but not a whole lot.

Well it's kind of hard to get excited for those titles from what little they've shown. KoF XII is all about the new sprites which I and a lot of others are eagerily awaiting to see. MI Regulation A mostly showed just Ash and the game seems to run a little smoother than the PS2 MI2 because of the more powerful hardware. And Sen just has a plain nice teaser, and shows at least the MI crew, Falcoon and all, are NOT working on it.

Iggy
7953th Post

"Re(3):Late to the party, but..." , posted Mon 16 Oct 00:31post reply

quote:
In a totally unrelated note, didn't Nona draw the MOTW intro?
No.

Actually, after further research, he was one of the key dotters of MOTW, wich forecasts good things for the new sprites of XII (since he knows the job and is responsible for some of the best sprites SNK ever did). The core game, impossible to tell, but at least it should end up good looking.

Also, if you have a definite source for claiming Nona didn't drew the demo art, I would be interested, since I haven't found any.

Cain Highwind
725th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Nona = N. Kuroki?" , posted Mon 16 Oct 13:03post reply

quote:

Actually, after further research, he was one of the key dotters of MOTW, wich forecasts good things for the new sprites of XII (since he knows the job and is responsible for some of the best sprites SNK ever did). The core game, impossible to tell, but at least it should end up good looking.

Also, if you have a definite source for claiming Nona didn't drew the demo art, I would be interested, since I haven't found any.

Well according to Moby Games, they list one of the Chief Designers as an "N. Kuroki" who I can only guess is Nona unless he went under a completely different name.

Looking THIS name up however, links him to one of the sprite artists for Real Bout Special and doing the in game demo artwork along with Ogura.

Geeze, and all this time I thought Nona was just some guy "Playmore" hired during KoF 2001's development.

NARUTO
3489th Post

"Re(1):Nona = N. Kuroki?" , posted Mon 16 Oct 18:32:post reply

quote:
As Cain said it's a N.Kuroki san who did it and no it's not Nona... I need to stole my friend's MOTW mook again to look for this. But I remeber the artist saying that he deffinitely inspire himself with the Art that Tonko did for the game. (Paper art and endings.)

2nd it's easy to see that Nona didn't do the ingame arts of Motw, look at them, then the KOF12 arts, they're to much differents...

quote:
Geeze, and all this time I thought Nona was just some guy "Playmore" hired during KoF 2001's development.

In fact Nona was hired by SNK in 95, and his 1st job was assistant. While peoples like Falcoon or Hiroaki were hired in 98....

Fortes fortuna juvat...

[this message was edited by NARUTO on Tue 17 Oct 18:28]

Juan
4294th Post

"Re(5):Re(10):SNK TGS" , posted Tue 17 Oct 03:53:post reply

ROCK IS MISSING ONE PANT LEG

EDIT: OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIII

quote:

ok

[this message was edited by Juan on Tue 17 Oct 03:55]