TATSUNOKO VS CAPCOM!! - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (7661 Views )

y2k
8th Post

user profileedit/delete message

New Customer

"TATSUNOKO VS CAPCOM!!" , posted Fri 23 May 10:52post reply

surprised there hasnt been a thread about this yet. so here we go!

http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/1215298_1124.html

Replies:

TreIII
122th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):TATSUNOKO VS CAPCOM!!" , posted Fri 23 May 10:57post reply

quote:
surprised there hasnt been a thread about this yet. so here we go!

http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/1215298_1124.html

...Already being actively discussed in the Random news thread.

Don't worry, this has happened to me too. ^^; But at least this game will have its own topic now...

Dokuganryu wa Date jya ne you see?

Pollyanna
2507th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(2):TATSUNOKO VS CAPCOM!!" , posted Fri 23 May 12:18post reply

It needed its own topic. I'm not complaining.

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

Digitalboy
535th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(3):TATSUNOKO VS CAPCOM!!" , posted Fri 23 May 15:12post reply

I was really hoping for a 2-D SPRITE fighting game but a cell-shaded looking 2-D game with 2-D mechanics is just as good.

Kind of reminds me of The Rumblefish...

quote:
It needed its own topic. I'm not complaining.

I don't know how to live
But I've got alot of toys...

Pollyanna
2508th Post

"Re(4):TATSUNOKO VS CAPCOM!!" , posted Fri 23 May 18:50post reply

quote:
I was really hoping for a 2-D SPRITE fighting game but a cell-shaded looking 2-D game with 2-D mechanics is just as good.

I dunno about "just as good", but maybe "acceptable consolation". Casshan looks really nice, almost like a sprite, but Ryu and Chun Li could look a lot better. They have a lot of awkward-looking poses in there. It makes me afraid that it's going to look hideous in motion.

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

Iggy
8497th Post

"Re(5):TATSUNOKO VS CAPCOM!!" , posted Fri 23 May 19:01post reply

quote:
It makes me afraid that it's going to look hideous in motion.

Since it's a new VS (interesting how CvS isn't part of the vs series, but), I was thinking the opposite : the game might fast enough so you don't notice the most awkward elements, which might be covered by all the lightening effects and such. Also, the camera seems to be far enough. No close ups is fine with me.

Digitalboy
536th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(5):TATSUNOKO VS CAPCOM!!" , posted Fri 23 May 20:59post reply

Yeah! That is the ticket!
quote:
I dunno about "just as good", but maybe "acceptable consolation".

I don't know how to live

Nekros
30th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(6):TATSUNOKO VS CAPCOM!!" , posted Fri 23 May 21:16post reply

quote:
Yeah! That is the ticket!
I dunno about "just as good", but maybe "acceptable consolation".

Maybe it's not the point but this game is in a very initial development, so they could improve the graphics (I mean, if they're not the lazy Capcom I used to know).

TreIII
123th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(6):TATSUNOKO VS CAPCOM!!" , posted Fri 23 May 23:10post reply

quote:
It makes me afraid that it's going to look hideous in motion.

Since it's a new VS (interesting how CvS isn't part of the vs series, but), I was thinking the opposite : the game might fast enough so you don't notice the most awkward elements, which might be covered by all the lightening effects and such. Also, the camera seems to be far enough. No close ups is fine with me.

Agree'd, 100%.

More than likely, this game is not going to win any awards for graphical prowess. The main attraction (as it should be in, games like this), is seeing all the wild shit that's going on, including Ryu throwing around screen filling projectile supers.

On another note, Insert Credit's article made me think...if Dimps is deeply involved with SF4, chances are they couldn't give people away for yet another project.

So, what if it might indeed be some one else, like 8ing (who are finishing up with Fate Unlimited Codes for the 256), Cavia (who did those PSP Fate games) or even K2 (who Capcom just bought, but already has experience on the X2, thanks to the ill-fated Samurai Spirits SEN)?

Depending on who Capcom went to, that might be yet another layer to add to the speculation...as well as another reason to raise or lower my expectations accordingly... ^^;

I would think that 8ing could probably bang out a game like this just fine...K2 and Cavia I might have to be a bit more concerned with...

Maese Spt
414th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(7):TATSUNOKO VS CAPCOM!!" , posted Fri 23 May 23:38post reply

While Ryu and Chun Li don't look very good, the Tatsunoko guys sure seem nice! I never liked the "Capcom vs..." series, and I don't give a damn about ANY Tatsunoko creation, but this game is promising. I think this is the way fighting games should evolve: mixed 3D/2D visuals, cel shaded graphics and an overall cartoonesque flavor.

And there is hoping for a really interesting roster on Capcom's side, much unlike SF IV!

Ishmael
3161th Post

"Re(8):TATSUNOKO VS CAPCOM!!" , posted Sat 24 May 00:53post reply

Since everything in this game from the gameplay to the roster is designed to appeal to nostalgia I want TvC to be ported to the DC.

Rid
7140th Post

"Re(1):TATSUNOKO VS CAPCOM!!" , posted Sat 24 May 02:57:post reply

The important question remains: will we see the villainess of Yatterman in this? I think she's popular enough to make it (unlike, let's say, the Yatterman heroes)...

news - art

[this message was edited by Rid on Sat 24 May 02:59]

GPA
36th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(7):TATSUNOKO VS CAPCOM!!" , posted Sat 24 May 03:11post reply

quote:

I would think that 8ing could probably bang out a game like this just fine...K2 and Cavia I might have to be a bit more concerned with...

You know, 8ing would make sense, the graphics do look pretty similar to the cel-shaded Naruto games they made on the Wii.

nobinobita
352th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(2):TATSUNOKO VS CAPCOM!!" , posted Sat 24 May 03:37post reply

quote:
The important question remains: will we see the villainess of Yatterman in this? I think she's popular enough to make it (unlike, let's say, the Yatterman heroes)...

They have to have Yatterman characters in this. It's so fondly remembered, plus they're making a live action movie right now (directed by Miike!):

http://twitchfilm.net/site/view/takeshi-miikes-yatterman-has-its-female-lead/

http://twitchfilm.net/site/view/kyoko-fukada-to-be-doronjo-in-takashi-miikes-yatterman/

And odds are, if they make anyone playable, it'll be Doronjo assisted by her henchmen. Or at least, that's the first thing I think of.

nobinobita
354th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(5):TATSUNOKO VS CAPCOM!!" , posted Sat 24 May 06:59:post reply

quote:

I dunno about "just as good", but maybe "acceptable consolation". Casshan looks really nice, almost like a sprite, but Ryu and Chun Li could look a lot better. They have a lot of awkward-looking poses in there. It makes me afraid that it's going to look hideous in motion.

The awkward poses are probably from inbetween frames calculated by the computer. Some frames look pretty good. I assume those are the keyframes and they seem to be referencing Third Strike for Ryu and Chunli, which is a nice touch.

The posture of the characters overall is a bit too square for my liking though, even on the Tatsunoko characters. Their shoulders look stiff, but this is a problem in most 3d games in general.

[this message was edited by nobinobita on Sat 24 May 07:00]

TreIII
124th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(6):TATSUNOKO VS CAPCOM!!" , posted Sat 24 May 08:11post reply

quote:

The posture of the characters overall is a bit too square for my liking though, even on the Tatsunoko characters. Their shoulders look stiff, but this is a problem in most 3d games in general.

It's probably confounded by the fact that the actual polygon count of those models is probably pretty low.

Sure, that cel-shading looks nice, but it won't be able to hide the fact those models probably will have shoddy animations and such.

Ah well...even the latter MAHVEL sequels didn't have that much in the way of good 2D animation. MvC2 even had the nerve to cut frames that were present in MvC and a number of other games where those characters originally appeared.

crazymike
1443th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(7):TATSUNOKO VS CAPCOM!!" , posted Sat 24 May 09:31post reply

Guess I am just too white, I honestly wasn't familiar with Tatsunoko's stuff which is surprising because I wikipedia-ed them and didn't realize they were behind Speed Racer & Macross.

I'm just curious, to any Japanese Cafers out here, do you remember when the first X-Men v.s SF hit Japanese shores, did you guys somewhat feel the same way about Marvel? like "I know who they are but DON'T know who they are..." because I think it has only been the last 2 decades that Marvel comics have trickled over from US shores officially?

Rid
7140th Post

"Re(8):TATSUNOKO VS CAPCOM!!" , posted Sat 24 May 11:19post reply

quote:
Guess I am just too white, I honestly wasn't familiar with Tatsunoko's stuff which is surprising because I wikipedia-ed them and didn't realize they were behind Speed Racer & Macross.

I'm just curious, to any Japanese Cafers out here, do you remember when the first X-Men v.s SF hit Japanese shores, did you guys somewhat feel the same way about Marvel? like "I know who they are but DON'T know who they are..." because I think it has only been the last 2 decades that Marvel comics have trickled over from US shores officially?

Well, it was easy to feel that way, since some of the Marvel characters they used were fairly obscure (Shuma Gorath), but then again during that era, there were cartoons featuring many of them, so by Marvel vs Capcom they weren't so mysterious.

As for Tatsunoko, they're still VERY popular in Japan, and in many countries overseas (and there was an american Battle of the Planets comic a couple of years ago, right?), but it's their individual properties that are recognized, and not much themselves as a brand for what I've seen.

Oh, and there was a new (and fun) Yatterman anime that ended a few weeks ago, only the first two episodes are fansubbed sadly.

news - art

Iggy
8499th Post

"Re(8):TATSUNOKO VS CAPCOM!!" , posted Sat 24 May 17:46post reply

quote:
I'm just curious, to any Japanese Cafers out here, do you remember when the first X-Men v.s SF hit Japanese shores, did you guys somewhat feel the same way about Marvel?

I don't know if I'm allowed to answer, but the only Marvel character I'd heard of back then was Spiderman.

On the other hand, I had friends who were buying comics since they were 10, so maybe I'm in the minority here.

chazumaru
538th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(9):TATSUNOKO VS CAPCOM!!" , posted Sat 24 May 20:20post reply

I thought any US release would be impossible because of the huge tangled web of legal issues Gatchaman was stuck in for North America, but when verifying I noticed this issue is apparently solved since eraly 2007. That might explain the rebirth of so many Tatsunoko licenses lately. Now, I don't know about the status in Italy...

IT'S THE BLACK PUDDING!

Iggy
8501th Post

"Re(10):TATSUNOKO VS CAPCOM!!" , posted Sat 24 May 21:00post reply

quote:
Now, I don't know about the status in Italy...

It can't be worse than Tôei.
NOTHING can be worse than Tôei's status anywhere outside Japan.

Nekros
32th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(10):TATSUNOKO VS CAPCOM!!" , posted Sun 25 May 00:12post reply

quote:
I thought any US release would be impossible because of the huge tangled web of legal issues Gatchaman was stuck in for North America, but when verifying I noticed this issue is apparently solved since eraly 2007. That might explain the rebirth of so many Tatsunoko licenses lately. Now, I don't know about the status in Italy...

Why Italy?
Here we have a lot of anime crap done in the 60s or 70s that is a cult between older otakus. The majority of Tatsunoko series aired here on tv, so are well known. But about the license thing, Capcom should have done something to release the game all over Europe, and thinking about different countires, it will be nearly impossible.

I hope this game wil have a PS3 version, so I don't care about licensing issues.

Toxico
4402th Post

"Re(10):TATSUNOKO VS CAPCOM!!" , posted Sun 25 May 01:49:post reply

quote:
I thought any US release would be impossible because of the huge tangled web of legal issues Gatchaman was stuck in for North America, but when verifying I noticed this issue is apparently solved since eraly 2007.

From my current country situation, I have always noticed that licences are a "season thing" wich grow void until X years and no contract renewal, so even if the many series are tangled with many studios, unless they renewed the contract for distribution rights, the licences could be free; I don't imagine Us networks broadcasting G Force on Sundays right now; at least here it's been a good 10 years since I enjoyed of Galactor pseudo-masculine moan.

Also, I remember FOX broadcasting marvel studios productions, and I don't remember FOX being credited on the US ports of the VS games, so it might also be an issue of "what kind of contract & licencing" was agreeded.

The only evil of the word; is the one in the heart of men

[this message was edited by Toxico on Sun 25 May 01:51]

exodus
4108th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):TATSUNOKO VS CAPCOM!!" , posted Sun 25 May 04:12post reply

quote:
Now, I don't know about the status in Italy...

It can't be worse than Tôei.

Shounen Jump is pretty bad too.

chazumaru
541th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(2):Re(10):TATSUNOKO VS CAPCOM!!" , posted Sun 25 May 05:17:post reply

quote:

Why Italy?

Because Tatsunoko stuff was big in Italy, therefore there are probably some legal issues, given how poorly these IPs and contracts were handled back in those days. Same thing with Tôei stuff in France and so many other countries.

quote:

Really? It seems Shueisha are the only ones who actually paid attention to what they were doing, at least in Europe. Was there any problem in the US?

IT'S THE BLACK PUDDING!

[this message was edited by chazumaru on Sun 25 May 05:20]

Ishmael
3162th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):TATSUNOKO VS CAPCOM!!" , posted Sun 25 May 05:21post reply

How popular were the vs games in Japan when compared to their popularity overseas? I've always been under the impression that the vs series had more of a following outside of Japan. Since TvC is giving off the same vibe as the vs games and there continues to be a vocal faction who wants MvC3 I can't imagine that Capcom wouldn't consider getting this game published outside of Japan. Eh, I guess it's all up to the trademark lawyers and the occasionally murky decision making process game companies use.

chazumaru
542th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(4):Re(10):TATSUNOKO VS CAPCOM!!" , posted Sun 25 May 06:01post reply

quote:
I've always been under the impression that the vs series had more of a following outside of Japan. Since TvC is giving off the same vibe as the vs games and there continues to be a vocal faction who wants MvC3 I can't imagine that Capcom wouldn't consider getting this game published outside of Japan.

But remember, Marvel was much bigger in the US (and maybe Europe) than in Japan.
Tatsunoko is much bigger in Japan than anywhere else.

IT'S THE BLACK PUDDING!

exodus
4109th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):TATSUNOKO VS CAPCOM!!" , posted Sun 25 May 07:32post reply

quote:

Really? It seems Shueisha are the only ones who actually paid attention to what they were doing, at least in Europe. Was there any problem in the US?

yah, that's why the Jump DS games can't come out here...the rights are all scattered, and the game rights (for those properties that have games) are already parsed out to different people as well.

chazumaru
543th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(4):Re(10):TATSUNOKO VS CAPCOM!!" , posted Sun 25 May 10:32post reply

quote:

yah, that's why the Jump DS games can't come out here...the rights are all scattered, and the game rights (for those properties that have games) are already parsed out to different people as well.

Oh, that. Well, of course in the case of the Jump DS games, the different deals for each series complicates things.
But otherwise, Shueisha's situation is much less of a problem than what Tôei or Tatsunoko had to deal with. At least Shueisha still retains the rights to their own IPs...

IT'S THE BLACK PUDDING!

exodus
4113th Post

"Re(5):Re(10):TATSUNOKO VS CAPCOM!!" , posted Mon 26 May 08:44post reply

quote:

But otherwise, Shueisha's situation is much less of a problem than what Tôei or Tatsunoko had to deal with. At least Shueisha still retains the rights to their own IPs...

wow, the others don't? fools!

Satoshi_Miwa
2818th Post

"Re(6):Re(10):TATSUNOKO VS CAPCOM!!" , posted Mon 26 May 09:05post reply

quote:

wow, the others don't? fools!

Anything that was released worldwide from the 70's and 80's is in some form of rights hell or the rights are in control of the US company. See the whole Macross/Robotech fiasco.

The Shift
0th Post

New Customer

"New Characters Revealed!!" , posted Fri 20 Jun 01:36post reply

Today's OtonaFami magazine has revealed some new characters!!

Batsu from Rival Schools!!!
http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/3315/tatsucapbatsuoj4.jpg

Tekkaman!!!
http://img385.imageshack.us/img385/1777/tatsucaptekkamanzr3.jpg

Ishmael
3186th Post

"Re(1):New Characters Revealed!!" , posted Fri 20 Jun 03:00post reply

Huh, I wasn't expecting Batsu the Boring Boy to show up. But I am glad to see they are using old school Tekkaman with the spurs on his boots.

Iggy
8521th Post

"Re(2):New Characters Revealed!!" , posted Fri 20 Jun 03:12post reply

quote:
Huh, I wasn't expecting Batsu the Boring Boy to show up.

At least it wasn't a character from SF2.

I can't wait for the moment Capcom finally realizes they will never be able to make money on this whole project and ditch fucking everything like with CFA☆.

ONSLAUGHT
3701th Post

"Re(3):New Characters Revealed!!" , posted Fri 20 Jun 03:24post reply

quote:
Huh, I wasn't expecting Batsu the Boring Boy to show up.
At least it wasn't a character from SF2.

I can't wait for the moment Capcom finally realizes they will never be able to make money on this whole project and ditch fucking everything like with CFA☆.

You're slowly turning into YeldellGW

Maou
1447th Post

"Re(1):New Characters Revealed!!" , posted Fri 20 Jun 12:12post reply

quote:

Batsu from Rival Schools!!!
http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/3315/tatsucapbatsuoj4.jpg

Holy cow! I hadn't thought about Justice Gakuen for like a year and a half. We played the hell out of those games a few years ago...it's a monument to how underused a property this is that my friends and I all played this game like mad even though its system was simpler and less fun than say, Street Fighter. The character design is just too fun not to be used again, and I'd kill to see a beautifully animated 2D Justice. If only. The day I see 醍醐、男の中の男、in action again is the day I will feel truly alive.

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

Seija
3140th Post

"Re(2):New Characters Revealed!!" , posted Fri 20 Jun 14:16post reply

Hopefully this will be the game that will help Capcom redeem itself. The game needs Carlos. Heh.

Oh and at least a "Justice Gakuen" character's in it instead of another "SF II" character. I don't want it to be "TvSF II" now! Do you?

にょにょにょ。

Zepy
1472th Post

"Re(2):New Characters Revealed!!" , posted Fri 20 Jun 16:07post reply

They probably picked Rival Schools only because it was already in 3D and they already had all the motion data for the moves and stuff :(

chazumaru
557th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(3):New Characters Revealed!!" , posted Fri 20 Jun 17:34post reply

quote:
They probably picked Rival Schools only because it was already in 3D and they already had all the motion data for the moves and stuff :(

Uh-oh Star Gladiator. And... Final Fight Revenge!? Kikai-Oh would be fun! *stomps Chun-Li*

IT'S THE BLACK PUDDING!

Iggy
8522th Post

"Re(3):New Characters Revealed!!" , posted Fri 20 Jun 18:25post reply

quote:

http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/1216016_1124.html

It doesn't look like it... But then I haven't played Moejus in a long time.

Notice how tekkaman and Batsu are doing the Tayô gakuen team attack. I like what it may mean.

Nekros
48th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(4):New Characters Revealed!!" , posted Fri 20 Jun 20:00post reply

quote:

http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/1216016_1124.html

Ahhh that's delicious! :P
Seriously, I'm very happy about Batsu, but I'd prefer a minus shoto attitude for future selection.
Anyway, that's good.

Just a Person
1179th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(4):New Characters Revealed!!" , posted Fri 20 Jun 22:44:post reply

quote:
Notice how tekkaman and Batsu are doing the Tayô gakuen team attack. I like what it may mean.

Yeah, me too!

But I think Tekkaman is quite similar to Casshern and the G-Force leader. They look cool, but... will all the Tatsunoko characters be guys with helmets and white tight suits? It would be nice if more different characters like Shurato or the Samurai Pizza Cats were in this game...

I can be any person in the world... maybe I'm this person right in front of you... maybe I'm not.

[this message was edited by Just a Person on Fri 20 Jun 22:45]

Gojira
2383th Post

"Re(5):New Characters Revealed!!" , posted Fri 20 Jun 23:20post reply

I'm still not much for the game itself, but I think this is probably the best I've ever seen Shinkirou's artwork. Batsu actually looks like Batsu!

shipoopi

Ishmael
3187th Post

"Re(6):New Characters Revealed!!" , posted Sat 21 Jun 00:36post reply

quote:
I'm still not much for the game itself, but I think this is probably the best I've ever seen Shinkirou's artwork. Batsu actually looks like Batsu!

It's amazing how much Shinkiro's art has improved by having him learn how to draw more than one head.

The TvC home page has been updated and it looks as if more info will be coming at the end of the month. I'm hoping that we'll get to hear the music from the game soon. In order to stick with the source material I'm certain it will feature blasting horns, impassioned vocals and a chorus of children.

Seija
3142th Post

"Re(4):New Characters Revealed!!" , posted Sat 21 Jun 02:42post reply

quote:

Batsu and Tekkaman doing the W Kiaidan! Yes! Not the 男の中の男, but it's still good never the less.

にょにょにょ。

Ultima
440th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(3):New Characters Revealed!!" , posted Sun 22 Jun 02:54post reply

quote:

Since the game doesn't look like shit right out the gate, and is borrowing from a time-tested series, it's already get several advantages over CFAS. This one's not going to get canned.

Speaking of CFAS, I was trying to find any scraps of information concerning the moves of the characters in the game. I found a scan of the loketest cab moveslist - http://ps2media.ign.com/ps2/image/cfas_0923_6_640w.jpg - that had Poison and Akira blanked out, but it's too fuzzy to read. I don't suppose anyone would happen to have either a clearer scan or could point me to somewhere that had the moves listed? It's mainly the moves of Poison and Haggar I'm interested in. THanks.

--
Ultima - The Right arm of Scrub Voltron
The Street Fighter Perfect Project

Iggy
8524th Post

"Re(4):New Characters Revealed!!" , posted Sun 22 Jun 07:16post reply

quote:
it's already get several advantages over CFAS. This one's not going to get canned.

Except Tatsunoko can only be released in Japan, a country that lost interest in fighting games years ago.

Toxico
4408th Post

"Re(5):New Characters Revealed!!" , posted Sun 22 Jun 07:41post reply

quote:
it's already get several advantages over CFAS. This one's not going to get canned.
Except Tatsunoko can only be released in Japan, a country that lost interest in fighting games years ago.

Well, I suppose that there is the chance that not releasing the game will be a contract violation I suppose that the worst case escenario will be a Wii exclusive low production units release.

Shindekudasai
218th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(6):New Characters Revealed!!" , posted Sun 22 Jun 13:30post reply

Or perhaps WiiWare/PSN/Live?

Ultima
441th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(5):New Characters Revealed!!" , posted Sun 22 Jun 13:38post reply

quote:

What about the arcade division? Aren't arcade fighters still doing reasonably well over there?

Besides, TvC has the chance to be very popular in Japan, no? Isn't Tatsunoko the equivalent of Marvel over in the US?

--
Ultima - The Right arm of Scrub Voltron
http://uramble.com/sfp - The Street Fighter Perfect Project

Gojira
2384th Post

"Re(6):New Characters Revealed!!" , posted Sun 22 Jun 14:28post reply

quote:

Besides, TvC has the chance to be very popular in Japan, no? Isn't Tatsunoko the equivalent of Marvel over in the US?

I'd say they're more like the Hanna Barbara of Japan.

shipoopi

TreIII
130th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(7):New Characters Revealed!!" , posted Sun 22 Jun 15:27post reply

quote:

I'd say they're more like the Hanna Barbara of Japan.

I dunno. I tend to think of them more as like the "DC Comics" of Japan.

Like DC did over here, Tatsunoko basically crafted a number of icons that not only are time-honored, popular favorites, they worked their way into pop culture, and often utilized as inspiration for so many modern things.

For example, if it weren't for Gatchaman, chances are Super Sentai/Power Rangers wouldn't exist. The Skull Trio from Time Bokan (I, along with Red Falcon are both hoping for their inevitable unveiling) basically laid the ground work for so many other "bumbling, not-quite-so-evil groups"; even modern personalities like the Pokemon anime's Team Rocket and God Hand's "Evil Trio" of Conchita, Bruce and Felix owe their creation to the original Skull Trio paving the way for them.

DC, more or less, did a similar thing over here. So that's why I'm inclined to think that, if Tatsunoko should be equated with any type of American counter-part, it would be DC.

Would that make Jump and its numerous franchises "Marvel", then? XD

Shindekudasai
219th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(8):New Characters Revealed!!" , posted Sun 22 Jun 16:15post reply

Most manga in Japan are creator-owned, right? Wouldn't that make Jump more along the lines of Image?

Image... ::shudders:: The only decent thing to come from that company was The Maxx.

Gojira
2385th Post

"Re(8):New Characters Revealed!!" , posted Sun 22 Jun 16:41post reply

I only say Hanna-Barbera is like Tatsunoko because:

1) Popularity peaked in the 60s and 70s; most active studio of that time period
2) Produced some still-well-known icons of pop culture
3) Activity dwindled in the 90s, very little activity in the 21st century
4) Had some recently failed attempts to revive old franchises

Correct me if I'm wrong, though. My Tatsunoko knowledge is limited to charts and second-hand info. I don't know how popular they are with today's Japanese youth.

shipoopi

Pollyanna
2512th Post

"Re(8):New Characters Revealed!!" , posted Sun 22 Jun 18:03post reply

quote:

For example, if it weren't for Gatchaman, chances are Super Sentai/Power Rangers wouldn't exist.

Uh-oh, now you're messing with Ishinomori. He made Kamen Rider and Cyborg 009 before Gatchaman and GoRanger soon after. I can't say if he was inspired by Gatchaman or not, but seeing that he had all the elements there already, I think what you're saying is quite a stretch.

I don't necessarily disagree with what you're saying on the DC comics thing, but I have to admit when I first saw Time Bokan I thought "this is just like a Hanna Barbera Cartoon".

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

Iron D
2892th Post

"Re(9):New Characters Revealed!!" , posted Sun 22 Jun 20:45post reply

quote:

Image... ::shudders:: The only decent thing to come from that company was The Maxx.

Invincible and The Walking Dead would both like a word with you.

Er.....

bootation
579th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(6):New Characters Revealed!!" , posted Sun 22 Jun 23:48:post reply

quote:

Well, I suppose that there is the chance that not releasing the game will be a contract violation I suppose that the worst case escenario will be a Wii exclusive low production units release.

THis game looks incredible. I dont think the wii could handle it.
Wayy way wayy better than sf4.

Click this webpage

also chek out http://myspace.com/atomiswave2

[this message was edited by bootation on Mon 23 Jun 03:38]

Iggy
8525th Post

"Re(6):New Characters Revealed!!" , posted Mon 23 Jun 02:24post reply

quote:
I suppose that the worst case escenario will be a Wii exclusive low production units release.

OK, I guess my working in the industry made me forget how some stuff are not evident for most people outside of it.

The key problem here is licensing, and different licenses sold a long time ago.

Remember that awesome DS game, Jump Ultimate Stars ? It was never released outside Japan, because each series was licensed to a different editor in each country. So to release somewhere, you would have had to ask the local editor of Naruto, One Piece, DBZ, and so on. Chances are all these people won't want to work together for free.
JUS has two differences with TatsuCap. First, the IPs were about mangas, but most contracts also mentioned the anime, which might have doubled the numbers of contractors in each country and have rendered the thing even more complicated. This is something Tatsunoko don't have to deal with.
But the other difference is that the contracts for most Jump series were signed recently, which might mean they were done by capable lawyers who knew what had to be in the contract before they even began to think about signing it. Tatsunoko stuff, on the other hand, was sold overseas in a time where Japan wasn't even aware that countries outside Japan could earn it any money, so they didn't bothered to read the contracts they signed. That's how Tôei, for example, lost the properties on some of their biggest IP in several European countries.

Of course, I have no clue on the actual status of the Tatsunoko properties outside Japan. Maybe things are not as bad as I make them be. But since two companies, Shûeisha and Tôei, from both sides of the spectrum, both much more powerful than Tatsunoko, can't make such a thing happen, I can't imagine Capcom gaining the rights to release a game with so many different IP in any country outside Japan.

Toxico
4409th Post

"Re(7):New Characters Revealed!!" , posted Mon 23 Jun 02:35post reply

quote:

Of course, I have no clue on the actual status of the Tatsunoko properties outside Japan. Maybe things are not as bad as I make them be. But since two companies, Shûeisha and Tôei, from both sides of the spectrum, both much more powerful than Tatsunoko

Well, If I remember accurately, tatsunoko studios shows where broadcasted here way earlier than most toe and shueisha; I'm speaking of a time where the term anime didn't even existed overseas; at least not here (mid 70s or so).

Iggy
8526th Post

"Re(8):New Characters Revealed!!" , posted Mon 23 Jun 02:51post reply

quote:
Well, If I remember accurately, tatsunoko studios shows where broadcasted here way earlier than most toe and shueisha; I'm speaking of a time where the term anime didn't even existed overseas; at least not here (mid 70s or so).

If they were as stupid as some Japanese companies were in France in the late 70's, then each series might very well be owned by the broadcasts now in Chile.
And if they are not, they might be in Italy, or Argentina, or in the US... And of course, it takes time and money just to check the legal state of each IP in each country.

TreIII
131th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(9):New Characters Revealed!!" , posted Mon 23 Jun 08:10post reply

quote:

Uh-oh, now you're messing with Ishinomori. He made Kamen Rider and Cyborg 009 before Gatchaman and GoRanger soon after. I can't say if he was inspired by Gatchaman or not, but seeing that he had all the elements there already, I think what you're saying is quite a stretch.

But you can't deny that Gatchaman was the direct model Super Sentai followed. Gatchaman took the "Henshin" thing that Kamen Rider started, and then made it so there was a team of 5 youths that worked entirely as a unit, utilizing their special "super science" powers that their Henshin powers and technology grant them to save the world from threats. Oh, and then there was the theme/gimmick of using "birds". Every Sentai show would then go on to have their own gimmick, but again, Gatchaman laid that kind of foundation out.

GoRanger basically did this in its own way, and Jetman (coming years later) was practically a direct homage to Gatchaman.

So, even though it's not an official Super Sentai, many do give credit to Gatchaman for setting the stage for the 5-man super powered team. Kinda like how, even though Mazinger basically kick-started and popularized the genre of Super Robot, Tetsujin technically was the first Super Robot that set things in motion for so many others to follow.

quote:
THis game looks incredible. I dont think the wii could handle it.
Wayy way wayy better than sf4.

Don't get it twisted...I prefer the art style of this game too, but let's face it: the rather low polygon count for both the characters and the backgrounds tells the story that this game is being made for a low-end arcade system, not Taito X2.

Furthermore, I dunno if people were paying attention, but on the official TatsuCap website, they actually had advertisements for Fate:Unlimited Codes and Sengoku BASARA X at different points in time. And both of those games are System 246/256 titles.

So...let's think. Why would Capcom go through the trouble of advertising those games on the website of TatsuCap, if TatsuCap was going to be on a different echelon of hardware altogether? XD

The evidence is stacking up for Sys 246/256. Just being realistic here...

Ishmael
3188th Post

"Re(10):New Characters Revealed!!" , posted Tue 24 Jun 03:28post reply

I don't know whether or not Iggy is being overly dour in his assessment of the popularity of fighting games in Japan but I do find it interesting that all the Japanese-only fighters that Capcom is putting out have some sort of outside hook to bring in players who might otherwise not play fighters. It seems that even if Capcom is willing to have another go at the fighting game genre they are also hedging their bets.

quote:

Even though it's never going to have any widespread appeal I would add Casanova to that list as well. It's funny, like Shindekudasai I always think of the company's intial, ugly output when I think of Image even though I know that they have diversified their output a great deal since then. Those first impressions can be a killer.

Digitalboy
543th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(10):New Characters Revealed!!" , posted Tue 24 Jun 05:43post reply

Invincible, oh yes!

It is more of a publisher than company.

quote:

I don't know how to live

NARUTO
3656th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):New Characters Revealed!!" , posted Sun 29 Jun 03:58post reply

More new characters:
http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/5756/07251286d67300bd30e648cda2.jpg

Alex

http://www.weplug.com/images_1/a71c766be573de858d1d858fade1730e20080627214507.jpg

BTW is it me or Ryu, chun-li, batsu, Alex... It sound really CFAS-ish to me. If Poison or Haggars comes it wouldn't be a surprise...

Fortes fortuna juvat...

RSJ
786th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(3):Re(10):New Characters Revealed!!" , posted Sun 29 Jun 07:08post reply

quote:
More new characters:
http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/5756/07251286d67300bd30e648cda2.jpg

Alex

http://www.weplug.com/images_1/a71c766be573de858d1d858fade1730e20080627214507.jpg

BTW is it me or Ryu, chun-li, batsu, Alex... It sound really CFAS-ish to me. If Poison or Haggars comes it wouldn't be a surprise...

Uhhh... that looks like Guile to me...

Red Falcon
6019th Post

"Re(4):Re(10):New Characters Revealed!!" , posted Sun 29 Jun 07:14:post reply

quote:

Nah, it's Alex. He's doing flash chop and what is probably boomerang raid Having actually looked at the scans closely now, I see they say it's hyper bomb. Besides, it says "Alex" in big ol' katakana.

And while it's awesome that Yatterman can summon Yatter-wan and have it breathe fire at his opponent (and he still fights with a cup and ball.. of course he would!) I REALLY REALLY want some bloody Berg Katse or the Doronbo gang, PRONTO, otherwise I won't forgive anyone involved in this project.

Best site EVER:Link Here

[this message was edited by Red Falcon on Sun 29 Jun 07:20]

Seija
3147th Post

"Re(5):Re(10):New Characters Revealed!!" , posted Mon 30 Jun 12:28post reply

quote:

Nah, it's Alex. He's doing flash chop and what is probably boomerang raid Having actually looked at the scans closely now, I see they say it's hyper bomb. Besides, it says "Alex" in big ol' katakana.

And while it's awesome that Yatterman can summon Yatter-wan and have it breathe fire at his opponent (and he still fights with a cup and ball.. of course he would!) I REALLY REALLY want some bloody Berg Katse or the Doronbo gang, PRONTO, otherwise I won't forgive anyone involved in this project.

Yup. That's Alex. ガイル is how you write Foreigner's Guile's name. Not a character I wanted, but eh. At least it's not another "SF II" character, but it's another "SF" character, which I don't need right now.

にょにょにょ。

Pollyanna
2519th Post

"Re(5):Re(10):New Characters Revealed!!" , posted Mon 30 Jun 13:54post reply

On the subject of Alex, I'm glad to see him in. As the "main character" of SF3, I always feel like he got the shaft. Of course, I'd prefer more off-beat characters to SF ones, but if you're gonna fill a game with nothing but main characters, the fewer fireball/dragon punch types you have, the better.

That being said, if Batsu is the only Justice Gakuen character they put in, I feel like they shouldn't even have bothered.

quote:

I REALLY REALLY want some bloody Berg Katse or the Doronbo gang, PRONTO, otherwise I won't forgive anyone involved in this project.

As much as I'd love to see Katse, I think s/he's better at running away than fighting. I dunno, did s/he do anything in the 90's (was it 90's?) OVA version? I've only seen the original series. They could do some stuff with henchmen, like Mouri in Basara X, though.

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

Digitalboy
548th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(6):Re(10):New Characters Revealed!!" , posted Mon 30 Jun 16:53post reply

Yeah, now that you mentioned it, it does looks like a CFA with a company crossover.
quote:

Definitely true. We need more variety than Gouki/Ken/et cetera.
quote:
On the subject of Alex, I'm glad to see him in. As the "main character" of SF3, I always feel like he got the shaft. Of course, I'd prefer more off-beat characters to SF ones, but if you're gonna fill a game with nothing but main characters, the fewer fireball/dragon punch types you have, the better.

That being said, if Batsu is the only Justice Gakuen character they put in, I feel like they shouldn't even have bothered.

I REALLY REALLY want some bloody Berg Katse or the Doronbo gang, PRONTO, otherwise I won't forgive anyone involved in this project.

As much as I'd love to see Katse, I think s/he's better at running away than fighting. I dunno, did s/he do anything in the 90's (was it 90's?) OVA version? I've only seen the original series. They could do some stuff with henchmen, like Mouri in Basara X, though.

I don't know how to live

Nekros
50th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(6):Re(10):New Characters Revealed!!" , posted Mon 30 Jun 17:17post reply

quote:
That's Alex. At least it's not another "SF II" character, but it's another "SF" character, which I don't need right now.

Completely agreed. I hope to see more forthcoming SFIII characters, since they were rejected to be in IV. Onestly, anything that isn't SFII is a good choice to me.
IMHO Capcom should give us as many main characters as they can, including Strider Hiryu, Sir Arthur, Rockman and BOF Ryu. Maybe even Ingrid.
To Warzard and Darkstalkers the thing is different since the series has no 1 main character. I think that Donovan and Tabasa fits surprisingly well in this game, instead of the shoto characters.

Iggy
8539th Post

"New characters not revealed." , posted Mon 30 Jun 18:19post reply

On the official site

More characters will be usable in the loketest next month. Yattaman and Alex are obvious, I see Morrigan [AGAIN!?], I see... Polymer maybe ?

That's awfully... not much. I hope they will indeed continue to add characters until winter, but I'm afraid the game is walking the CFAS-line...

whitesword
1619th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(1):New characters not revealed." , posted Mon 30 Jun 19:03post reply

quote:
On the official site

More characters will be usable in the loketest next month. Yattaman and Alex are obvious, I see Morrigan [AGAIN!?], I see... Polymer maybe ?

SOME PEOPLE LIKE MORRIGAN YOU KNOW

Ahem, anyway...there appears to be a large robot-like thing in the back as well. I'm guessing it's one of the forms from Gordian.

Ishmael
3198th Post

"Re(2):New characters not revealed." , posted Mon 30 Jun 22:35post reply

Could that be Dante resting a sword on his shoulder? I'm not sure how the final roster is going to shake out but at this rate TvC is going to have more female characters than SF4.

Gojira
2394th Post

"Re(3):New characters not revealed." , posted Tue 1 Jul 05:15post reply

Morrigan will be the only character in the game using her original sprite.

shipoopi

Digitalboy
549th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(4):New characters not revealed." , posted Tue 1 Jul 17:26post reply

Sick burn!
quote:
Morrigan will be the only character in the game using her original sprite.

I don't know how to live

Ishmael
3201th Post

"Re(5):New characters not revealed." , posted Wed 2 Jul 04:35post reply

Better shots of Alex and Yatterman courtesy of Dengeki Online.

nobinobita
375th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(6):New characters not revealed." , posted Fri 4 Jul 12:00post reply

quote:
Better shots of Alex and Yatterman courtesy of Dengeki Online.

Man that's some nice looking art! I'm glad Shinkiro is going back to a more comic book style. I know he gets alot of flack for all this people looking the same, but if you look at his entire body of work (and its a HUGE body of work for a game artist) he's actually got a good amount of range. I think he was just expected to do everything in the "Shinkiro style" for the last few years.

If you look at his earlier work he fluxuates between photorealism to a Tetsuo Hara like comic style (for a wrestling game--i forget which one). He even did a pretty rad Spiderman cover recently. It's very easy to recognize patterns in someone's work then fault them for it, but often times artists (especially ones as obviously technically skilled as Shinkiro) are more flexible than one might think, they just have to work in whatever style they can sell.

Grave
1086th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(7):New characters not revealed." , posted Fri 4 Jul 12:05:post reply

quote:
If you look at his earlier work he fluxuates between photorealism to a Tetsuo Hara like comic style (for a wrestling game--i forget which one).

If you're talking about Saturday Night Slam Masters, there's a very good reason for that! Tetsuo Hara did the artwork for it!

edit: the 3 Count Bout artwork certainly looks like Shinkiro, though, and it also looks like shit.

[this message was edited by Grave on Fri 4 Jul 12:09]

Professor
2480th Post

MMCafe Owner

"GoldLightern, Polymer, Morrigan, Onimusha" , posted Tue 8 Jul 00:32:post reply

http://img.am-net-bbs.com/img/tvsc/tvsc11.jpg
http://img.am-net-bbs.com/img/tvsc/tvsc12.jpg
http://img.am-net-bbs.com/img/tvsc/tvsc13.jpg

[this message was edited by Professor on Tue 8 Jul 00:32]

ONSLAUGHT
3713th Post

"Re(1):Onimusha!" , posted Tue 8 Jul 00:35:post reply

quote:

Damn, the Blue Oni!!

By the way, is this Shinkiro? Those illustrations are BADASS!

[this message was edited by ONSLAUGHT on Tue 8 Jul 00:42]

NARUTO
3659th Post

"Re(2):Onimusha!" , posted Tue 8 Jul 00:49post reply

Can't tell why but I was sure that it wouldn't be dante with the sword...

Fortes fortuna juvat...

Ishmael
3210th Post

"Re(3):Onimusha!" , posted Tue 8 Jul 00:56post reply

Thanks for the info Professor! Wow, bringing in Onimusha is a neat, surprising twist.

ONSLAUGHT
3713th Post

"Re(4):Onimusha!" , posted Tue 8 Jul 01:04post reply

quote:
Wow, bringing in Onimusha is a neat, surprising twist.

Indeed, now I want Samanosuke, Jacques and Jubei

Toxico
4417th Post

"Re(2):Onimusha!" , posted Tue 8 Jul 01:13post reply

quote:
By the way, is this Shinkiro?

He is, but I can't read sarcasm anymore

And Polymer

whitesword
1620th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(1):GoldLightern, Polymer, Morrigan, Onimus" , posted Tue 8 Jul 01:31post reply

quote:

!!! I see GOLD LIGHTAN, the world's strongest lighter!

HISSATSU! GOLD CRAAAAAASH

Iggy
8552th Post

"Re(3):Onimusha!" , posted Tue 8 Jul 01:36post reply

Polymer : Benimaru's moves with Iori's voice!
That could be interesting, actually.

Gojira
2400th Post

"Re(1):GoldLightern, Polymer, Morrigan, Onimus" , posted Tue 8 Jul 01:48post reply

quote:

So, from this scan showing Ryu as representing SF1 and Chun Li representing SF2, I'm assuming that they're going for one character per series.

shipoopi

Iggy
8553th Post

"Re(2):GoldLightern, Polymer, Morrigan, Onimus" , posted Tue 8 Jul 02:03post reply

http://www.mmcafe.com/cgi-bin/imageboard/cbbs.cgi?mode=res&namber=2365&page=&no=0

y2k
10th Post

New Customer

"Re(3):GoldLightern, Polymer, Morrigan, Onimus" , posted Tue 8 Jul 05:19post reply

i was hoping the sword wielding character from that shadowy picture was dante but souki is pretty cool too.

Nekros
56th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(4):GoldLightern, Polymer, Morrigan, Onimus" , posted Tue 8 Jul 06:25post reply

Wow, cool characters ideed (apart the golem thing). Now that Polymar has appeared, are there any chances to Viewtiful Joe?

kofoguz
600th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(1):GoldLightern, Polymer, Morrigan, Onimus" , posted Tue 8 Jul 06:49post reply

quote:

Now I'm officialy hyped. And if one character per series to represent then Donovan or Hsien Ko( I definetely hope so) for 2nd game, Bulleta or Queen Bee or Jedah(either one is fine) for 3rd one .
Also Onimusha 4 is the only one I played in the series and loved the game and Oni, so lucky bastard me.
Now If only Tabasa would show up.

Im not familiar with Tetsunoko characters as far as I know. I might have watched something not knowing that it's from Tetsunoko studios cant comment on the T side...

Spoiler (Highlight to view) -

This game looks BADASS...

End of Spoiler

[sigtag][/sigtag]

TreIII
134th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):GoldLightern, Polymer, Morrigan, Onimus" , posted Tue 8 Jul 08:47post reply

Game looks REALLY good, even considering its loy polygon tech. Everything else regarding aesthetics is spot on.

Jamma Video System is the name of the system they're working with this time, eh?

I dunno how much more credence it gives to the 2ch rumor of this game being supposedly "Wii-exclusive" one way or the other...though it would oddly make sense, considering SF4 isn't going to appear on that system, and Tatsunoko definitely would be a good fit for the Wii's fanbase...

But whatever...no more Morrigan sprite! **** YEAH! ^_^

Evenor
652th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(3):GoldLightern, Polymer, Morrigan, Onimus" , posted Tue 8 Jul 09:36post reply

I wonder what female Tatsunoko character will be chosen for their side of the roster. (MUTEQUEEN!)

いつまでも残酷に腐るまで I LOVE YOU
何処までも卑猥に腐るまで I LOVE YOU

Pollyanna
2527th Post

"Re(4):GoldLightern, Polymer, Morrigan, Onimus" , posted Tue 8 Jul 11:05post reply

quote:
I wonder what female Tatsunoko character will be chosen for their side of the roster. (MUTEQUEEN!)

Urghhh...I've been thinking "Please no Muteking! Please no Muteking!" the whole time. I didn't even know there was a MuteQUEEN. I can't tell if that's an improvement or not.

You know, it LOOKS like one character from each game, but we could still see "Ken from SF4" and "Gouki from SFA" or some nonsense like that.

Three cheers for Shinkiro for making Batsu and Polymar looks BADASS. I don't think that will necessarily transfer to the game, but I'm loving the artwork at least.

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

Toxico
4418th Post

"Re(5):GoldLightern, Polymer, Morrigan, Onimus" , posted Tue 8 Jul 11:11post reply

quote:
You know, it LOOKS like one character from each game, but we could still see "Ken from SF4" and "Gouki from SFA" or some nonsense like that.

Doesn't the fact that the Gatchaman Hero is named Ken in game already rules out the Street Fighter Ken? Or does my fever + scotch forcing me to see things?

Also I hardly doubt that we will get restricted to one pj per game; I mean, that would virtually rule out every villain from each company.

TreIII
135th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(6):GoldLightern, Polymer, Morrigan, Onimus" , posted Tue 8 Jul 13:19post reply

quote:
Also I hardly doubt that we will get restricted to one pj per game; I mean, that would virtually rule out every villain from each company.

Not necessarily. I mean, for instance, Jedah actually made his debut in the 3rd Vampire game, while Morrigan appeared in the first game. "Big Boned" Dictator made his grand debut in the Zero/Alpha series, which would still fall well enough in line with how Ryu and Chunners seem to represent SF1 and 2 respectively.

So if they really wanted to go along with this parlance of choosing characters based on which game they came in, it could very well work out.

Plus, I would assume that this rule would apply more to Capcom side than Tatsunoko's; I'm still believing that Jun the Swan is probably slated to appear alongside Ken, if only due to the fact that a) Tatsunoko could use all the female fighters it can get and b) Jun IS fairly iconic in her own right.

Gojira
2403th Post

"Re(5):GoldLightern, Polymer, Morrigan, Onimus" , posted Tue 8 Jul 14:35post reply

quote:

Well, they seem to be going off first appearances at least, so hopefully they won't suddenly pull that.

To offset GoldLightern's huge-ness I imagine we'll be seeing some Kikaioh! or Cyberbots from Capcom's side eventually. Or could that possibly be too obvious?

shipoopi

Ikari Loona
230th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(6):GoldLightern, Polymer, Morrigan, Onimus" , posted Tue 8 Jul 19:14post reply

quote:

Well, they seem to be going off first appearances at least, so hopefully they won't suddenly pull that.

To offset GoldLightern's huge-ness I imagine we'll be seeing some Kikaioh! or Cyberbots from Capcom's side eventually. Or could that possibly be too obvious?

A Zero Gouki boss based on the home ports of Cyberbots wouldn't be that far-fetched - although from that game I'd rather see Devilot herself piloting the Super 8.

As for female Tatsunoko characters theycould still toss in the token girl from Mospeada - battle-wise just about every character in those armours is interchangeable, only hers was more colourful (red, I think), which would fit the theme...

"Beat the machine that works in your head!" - Guano Apes "Open Your Eyes"

Red Falcon
6024th Post

"Re(5):GoldLightern, Polymer, Morrigan, Onimus" , posted Wed 9 Jul 02:00:post reply

quote:
"...Please no Muteking! Muteking! Please no Muteking!" the whole time. I didn't even know there was a MuteQUEEN. I can't tell if that's an improvement or not.

Ha ha ha, amusingly, I've been thinking "Please, Muteking! Please, Muteking!" the whole time along with hoping for the Doronbo gang, but I think they're kind of shoe-ins anyway. As soon as they start revealing villains (so far only heroes) I'm sure they'll pop up. I hope Berg Katse pops up too, and can randomly change back and forth between his masked "man" form and unmasked "woman" form, all while doing virtually nothing except running around having Galactor soldiers attack like Jill's zombies and whatnot and having big Galactor mecha pop out and crash/blow up/whatnot. If we're lucky, he'll be able to summon the huge flying organ from the satsujin music episode and it could play awful hippy rock at the opponent. Or they could just put Gel Sadra in and have her throw temper tantrums and punch shit.

Edit: I was talking to a friend the other day about this, and he brought up a good point.. I really hope that it has character-based stages, and that most of the Tatsunoko chara stages play their appropriate theme songs, preferably with vocals.

Best site EVER:Link Here

[this message was edited by Red Falcon on Wed 9 Jul 02:04]

Toxico
4419th Post

"Re(6):GoldLightern, Polymer, Morrigan, Onimus" , posted Wed 9 Jul 03:31post reply

quote:

Edit: I was talking to a friend the other day about this, and he brought up a good point.. I really hope that it has character-based stages, and that most of the Tatsunoko chara stages play their appropriate theme songs, preferably with vocals.

I thought about this earlier, and if I recall correctly, the previous VS games didn't use the original themes from their origin games (I remember that in CvS 1 they could be unlocked, but MANY where missing), so I have no hopes for this.

Also, as there are singers involved, this might go trough other licencing issues.