Airmaster Thread (spoilers?) - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (7784 Views )

Nate
838th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Airmaster Thread (spoilers)" , posted Wed 7 Mar 23:36:post reply

So, I recently watched all of Airmaster. I really enjoyed it, up until the point where everything kind of went to shit within the last three or so episodes.

I really hated Mina and Kin-chan. Everyone else wasn't as bad. Except for maybe Fukamichi's younger brother. Fighting with fireworks seemed extremely cheap and out of nowhere, but not as bad as wearing a FUCKING ROBOT SUIT.

What was up with the ending? Can anyone explain what the hell happened? Did they even bother to reveal who the number 2 Fukamichi ranker was?

ワンダフル! ビューティフル! エキサイティング!

[this message was edited by Nate on Wed 7 Mar 23:39]

Replies:

Juan
4354th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Airmaster Thread (spoilers)" , posted Thu 8 Mar 03:41post reply

quote:

What was up with the ending? Can anyone explain what the hell happened? Did they even bother to reveal who the number 2 Fukamichi ranker was?

It looked like they just ran out of money and ended it abruptly. According to Red Falcon the manga ran much longer than that.

I liked the characters and the ugly art style a lot. Even if a lot of times the episodes didn't make any sense. Like the episode that was mostly Renge talking about meat with the other fighter.

ok

Undead Fred
2793th Post

"Re(1):Airmaster Thread (spoilers)" , posted Thu 8 Mar 04:05post reply

quote:
So, I recently watched all of Airmaster. I really enjoyed it, up until the point where everything kind of went to shit within the last three or so episodes.

I really hated Mina and Kin-chan. Everyone else wasn't as bad. Except for maybe Fukamichi's younger brother. Fighting with fireworks seemed extremely cheap and out of nowhere, but not as bad as wearing a FUCKING ROBOT SUIT.

I STILL haven't watched the last two or three episodes. I got up to the part where Maki was preparing to fight the psychotic girl in the white coat, but I never got around to watching the last couple of episodes.

I agree with Juan- the art style's kind of ugly, but I like it. And I liked the characters, so it carried the show anyway. Didn't much care for Renge (she creeped me out.... grating voice and she looked like Squiggy from Laverne and Shirley) and this guy. Overall, I liked it and I'd recommend it to anyone who's looking for a good action show.

Juan
4355th Post

"Re(1):Airmaster Thread (spoilers)" , posted Thu 8 Mar 04:23post reply

this might be relevant!

ok

Undead Fred
2794th Post

"Re(2):Airmaster Thread (spoilers)" , posted Thu 8 Mar 04:34post reply

quote:
this might be relevant!

Oh, Paintchat... I miss you. :C

Nate
838th Post

"Re(2):Airmaster Thread (spoilers)" , posted Thu 8 Mar 04:45post reply

quote:

It looked like they just ran out of money and ended it abruptly. According to Red Falcon the manga ran much longer than that.

I liked the characters and the ugly art style a lot. Even if a lot of times the episodes didn't make any sense. Like the episode that was mostly Renge talking about meat with the other fighter.

Yeah, I checked on wikipedia and such and the manga ran a LOT longer. It only ended last year in May. That sucks that they had to force an ending. Now I'm going to have to find a way to read the manga. Dammit.

I really liked the ugly art style, yes! I hated that guy from the meat episode. Whatever, at least Julietta Sakamoto schooled him. Kind of. Not that I liked Julietta that much either. I also really hated how they COMPLETELY forgot about Shinnosuke. It was like "LOL TRAINING BRB" and they'd occasionally cut to him but then he never even came back to fight Maki or anything. Lame.

I don't know; Airmaster had some really neat ideas for a fighting anime. Sad that they couldn't implement all of them with the budget they had.

Undead Fred
2795th Post

"Re(3):Airmaster Thread (spoilers)" , posted Thu 8 Mar 06:02post reply

quote:
I really liked the ugly art style, yes! I hated that guy from the meat episode. Whatever, at least Julietta Sakamoto schooled him. Kind of. Not that I liked Julietta that much either. I also really hated how they COMPLETELY forgot about Shinnosuke. It was like "LOL TRAINING BRB" and they'd occasionally cut to him but then he never even came back to fight Maki or anything. Lame.

Yeah, I think the Mina kidnapping portion was one of my favorite parts of the series... Shinnosuke gettting wasted and kicking Kin-chan's goons around was great. I need to watch the series again and finish it... I can only really remember bits and pieces.

I still have a bunch of screen caps and stuff from the show... I'll start posting them on the imageBBS.

Nate
839th Post

"Re(4):Airmaster Thread (spoilers)" , posted Thu 8 Mar 06:08post reply

You know all the episodes are available on

Spoiler (Highlight to view) -
Youtube

End of Spoiler

, don't you?

Undead Fred
2797th Post

"Re(5):Airmaster Thread (spoilers)" , posted Thu 8 Mar 06:30:post reply

quote:
You know all the episodes are available on , don't you?

Well, I've still got the episodes, just had them sitting around without ever finishing the series. I'll have to try and do that soon.

EDIT: Image thread's up.

[this message was edited by Undead Fred on Thu 8 Mar 06:47]

HARO
46th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(1):Airmaster Thread (spoilers)" , posted Fri 9 Mar 06:09:post reply

This thread is frigging uncanny. I was just thinking about this series last night and was pissed off at how the anime ended abruptly a while back.

Since then I have scoured the internet (well, kinda anyway) for any other information regarding the series. At one point I had found a torrent that had raw scans of the manga up until volume 20 (which is right around where the anime series ends) and translations of only the first 8 chapters. The wiki says the manga lasts 28 volumes.

I can't read Japanese and the manga is a lot different from the anime starting around vol 14. There is some white haired dude in a suit who shows up. Either he or the guy running the rankings is ranked 2nd. Hard to say.

Does anyone have any info on the series? Any place where it's possible to download all the raws at least?

edit: In volume 16 the first and second rankers fight. The bald pasty looking necro dude and the guy with the white hair and suit I mentioned earlier. I don't know if fukamichi himself is in the rankings at all.

[this message was edited by HARO on Fri 9 Mar 06:40]

Juan
4357th Post

"Re(2):Airmaster Thread (spoilers)" , posted Tue 13 Mar 01:31post reply

Cool, would it be possible to upload a couple sample pages from the manga to the image board?

quote:
This thread

ok

Mav
169th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):Airmaster Thread (spoilers)" , posted Thu 15 Mar 11:15post reply

I can't read much Japanese, but I remember that torrent. I believe the guy in the suit was number 2 and his fighting was brilliant. Deleted the volumes after scanning them, so I can't remember enough, but here goes.

I'd put this in spoilers, but seeing as how the manga series probably won't get translated, the series' ending was probably a rushed idea of what the manga's would become.
In the series, you see some kind of battle royale of the Fukimichi fighters taking place in an abandoned school. Maki shows up late (REALLY late) and everyone's ass is kicked except the number one guy. In the manga, everything from volume 18 or so was the more detailed account of that massive free-for-all. (If I'm remembering the name right) Shinnosuke comes back from training in China with a stunning drunken fist. (Is there still a picture board here? I could upload that.) He and a few others seemed to take down the number 1 through successive battles, but he didn't seem down for good. They all tear up that school, hardcore.
I can only assume with the pace of the final fights and the massive amount of characters involved, it may have continued to the end with the battle royale.

Mosquiton
1958th Post

Gold Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(4):Airmaster Thread (spoilers)" , posted Fri 17 Jan 02:15post reply

quote:
Extremely old thread

Hey guys, or those of you who still post here. So I just finished watching Air Master. Like you guys, I fell in love with the awesome/ugly art style and I imagine that the people who wrote this had a lot of fun doing so. I also thought the theme songs were pretty fun as well.

So the one thing I have to add to this discussion, doesn't the No. 1 fighter Eternal have a strong resemblance to Necro from Street Fighter 3? And of course the nod to Virtu Fighter was pretty entertaining. Why did nobody mention this before?

/ / /