Nakano sideaz Arcana Heart THREAT DOWN! - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (2125 Views )

sabo10
1428th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Nakano sideaz Arcana Heart THREAT DOWN!" , posted Thu 7 Dec 11:06:post reply

I'm going to go to Nakano Plabo arcade and play the Arcana<3 location test.

On the Arcana 2ch thread, everyone is complaining that the usual Nakano Rumblefish2 mainstay jerkoffs like Aya-chan and Kira-tama running their loud mouths too much and hogging the machine and not taking turns. I intend to go and participate fully ^^

I'll do some kind of report I GUESS.

Please tell me in this thread if there is anything you want me to write about, or take a picture of, or do or whatever. BYE!

[this message was edited by sabo10 on Tue 11 Jan 18:00]

Replies:

Maou
949th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(1):Nakano sideaz Arcana Heart THREAT DOWN!" , posted Thu 7 Dec 11:11post reply

I mostly just want to know whether it turns out to be a decent 2D fighting game as opposed to a "decent 2D fighting game considering how starved everyone is for 2D fighting games nowdays." And whether it feels stupid with all the fetish characters.

Ooh, and actually, what kind of people at the test choose what kind of fetishes, and if you asked them things like "so, you like maids, huh?" That would be cool.

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

Maese Spt
343th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(2):Nakano sideaz Arcana Heart THREAT DOWN!" , posted Thu 7 Dec 12:18post reply

Arcana Heart in an arcade center in Nakano? Where exactly is it located? I'm not really interested in the game, but since Nakano is on my way home I might drop by after work as well...

マツケン サンバ!!!!

sabo10
1372th Post

"Re(3):Nakano sideaz Arcana Heart THREAT DOWN!" , posted Thu 7 Dec 12:22post reply

quote:
Arcana Heart in an arcade center in Nakano? Where exactly is it located? I'm not really interested in the game, but since Nakano is on my way home I might drop by after work as well...

Oh are you in Japan? Let's go there today! ^^

Its in the プラボ arcade on the East Side of the 1F of Nakano Sun Broadway mall. The mall thing is from the North Exit of the station.

send me your keitai address ok!
stabo10 atsignnospam gmail.com

Maese Spt
345th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(4):Nakano sideaz Arcana Heart THREAT DOWN!" , posted Thu 7 Dec 12:29post reply

quote:

Oh are you in Japan? Let's go there today! ^^

Its in the プラボ arcade on the East Side of the 1F of Nakano Sun Broadway mall. The mall thing is from the North Exit of the station.

send me your keitai address ok!
stabo10 atsignnospam gmail.com

Oh yeah, I know the place I believe.

Sadly my keitai is sleeping at home due to sickness (I expect to bury the poor thing once for all and get a new one at the end of the month, when I receive my payment), but I'll write down your adress and drop you a line if you want.

As for today, I'll probably drop by Nakano around 6 or 7 pm, so if you see a scarcely bearded gaijin with a long dark raincoat over his sarariman outfit, that would surely be me.

マツケン サンバ!!!!

gorgeous
143th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(5):Nakano sideaz Arcana Heart THREAT DOWN!" , posted Thu 7 Dec 12:32post reply

quote:
As for today, I'll probably drop by Nakano around 6 or 7 pm, so if you see a scarcely bearded gaijin with a long dark raincoat over his sarariman outfit, that would surely be me.

LOL

maybe i should go join too

ROFL

HAYATO
725th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(5):Nakano sideaz Arcana Heart THREAT DOWN!" , posted Thu 7 Dec 18:18post reply

ZOMG!! CLASH OF TEH TITANS!!!!

Oh, also : Pics or didn't happen

gorgeous
144th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(6):Nakano sideaz Arcana Heart THREAT DOWN!" , posted Fri 8 Dec 10:40post reply

i don't know about you boys

i went to ginza bought blue dragon got home stripped stark naked and let the nobuo uematsu x akira toriyama x sackagoochi flow out of my morbidly large HDTV and into my every pore

needless to say i found myself quite unable to play the game past its opening screen

needless to say by the end of the evening i was sweating semen

exodus
3676th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(7):Nakano sideaz Arcana Heart THREAT DOWN!" , posted Fri 8 Dec 11:30post reply

please post impressions of balance (ie if it's unbalanced, are there other unbalanced character who can balance the ridiculousness?)

also, see if you can find out what board it's on (is that known?)

NEEDLESS TO SAY blue dragon is a videogame for the tiniest of children

Recap
26th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(8):Nakano sideaz Arcana Heart THREAT DOWN!" , posted Fri 8 Dec 11:38post reply

It's definitely a custom PCB: http://www.lucky-net.co.jp/amhanbai.html

sabo10
1374th Post

"Re(1):Nakano sideaz Arcana Heart THREAT DOWN!" , posted Sun 10 Dec 18:15post reply

OK sorry, I didn't take any pictures.

There was already a lot of really good players :(

Its way to early for any unbalances to show up.

The general feel is that this is a juggle game like Hokuto.

Most damage was done in lengthy mid air combos just like in hokuto where you pin the guy against the wall and pummel him with different stuff for about 15 seconds straight. This is going to be a difficult game for people that don't have good combo skills.

The game has a lot of aspects of Guilty Gear too. Arcana has an "instant air dash" like GG that gets used very often. Also, Arcana has a "BURST" move that you can use while in hitstun. In Arcana you can Burst anytime you have super guage over level 1, and bursting will always drain your super gauge to 0 no matter how much you have.

The game didn't impress me much. Seems geared towards the fast paced Air Combo crowd. The most interesting thing was the Arcana card system. There are basically some characters and some arcanas. Each has their own move list. When you start you pick a character and an Arcana. The arcana's movelist supplements the characters, so there is a lot of interesting possibilities for picking moves that give your character really strong traps or whatever.

I'm guessing it will probably be as popular as Melty Blood.

The game comes out proper 12/21.

HAYATO
726th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(2):Nakano sideaz Arcana Heart THREAT DOWN!" , posted Tue 12 Dec 00:56post reply

quote:

I was demanding pics of your meeting with Maese Spt, I'm not even remotely interested in this game...

Maou
956th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(3):Nakano sideaz Arcana Heart THREAT DOWN!" , posted Tue 12 Dec 03:02:post reply

quote:

I was demanding pics of your meeting with Maese Spt, I'm not even remotely interested in this game...

Heh yeah, the best thing that can come out of this game is pictures of trash-talking and epic defeats/wins.

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

[this message was edited by Maou on Tue 12 Dec 03:03]

Pollyanna
2111th Post

"Re(4):Nakano sideaz Arcana Heart THREAT DOWN!" , posted Tue 12 Dec 05:19post reply

Well, my interest has been downgraded from "moderately low" to "extremely low". Hokuto was more Hokuto than I needed. I mean, it was fun at first, but when it turned into a game of "who can get the low jab in first", then "watch Raoh/Rei/Toki pummel you with the same combo for half an hour", it kind of lost its charm. At least you had the boost button for some fakeout stuff, but I just don't care for games like that very much.

Of course, I don't know how much variety and strategy Arcana Heart has before the long combos, so it might work out a little better. Does it at least have a better wakeup game than Hokuto?

Ishmael
2691th Post

"Re(5):Nakano sideaz Arcana Heart THREAT DOWN!" , posted Tue 12 Dec 05:47post reply

Thanks for the report s10 even if the results don't sound very encouraging. Still, the chances of me getting to play the game are slim so it probably doesn't matter whether or not the programmers designed the game to suit my tastes.

This report does, however, make me wonder if there are any new ideas left in 2D fighters. Is the only thing we are going to see from the few new 2D fighters that come out is increasingly absurd combos?

Spoon
1379th Post

"Re(6):Nakano sideaz Arcana Heart THREAT DOWN!" , posted Tue 12 Dec 08:27post reply

quote:

This report does, however, make me wonder if there are any new ideas left in 2D fighters. Is the only thing we are going to see from the few new 2D fighters that come out is increasingly absurd combos?

Well, there are the projectile based fighters, but the problem with such a difference is that people don't understand them and leave them alone quickly because they're "too weird".

There are still plenty of ideas, I'm sure. But at the end of a lot of those ideas, if the basics of the game are still 2D fighting basics, it'll still just feel like another 2D fighter.

Amakusa
687th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(2):Nakano sideaz Arcana Heart THREAT DOWN!" , posted Tue 12 Dec 11:42post reply

quote:

The general feel is that this is a juggle game like Hokuto.

Most damage was done in lengthy mid air combos just like in hokuto where you pin the guy against the wall and pummel him with different stuff for about 15 seconds straight. This is going to be a difficult game for people that don't have good combo skills.

Sounds like a pass to me. I was never any good with combos (and consequently one of the reasons I did so well with Dan Hibiki).

I found Kagami's sword in a junk yard.
I will rule the world and find that truly good cup of coffee.
"Dink-a-dink-a-dink-a-do."