Nobody talking about MK Armageddon? - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (5951 Views )

Fuchikoma
1436th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Nobody talking about MK Armageddon?" , posted Wed 11 Oct 17:15post reply

I would think with the loss of unique fatalities and 5 setence endings with no artwork somebody would be saying something... for a game that's supposed to be the end of the current "MK Universe" it sure is lackluster...

Replies:

Just a Person
812th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(1):Nobody talking about MK Armageddon?" , posted Wed 11 Oct 22:53post reply

quote:
I would think with the loss of unique fatalities and 5 setence endings with no artwork somebody would be saying something... for a game that's supposed to be the end of the current "MK Universe" it sure is lackluster...

Yes, actually, people are making a lot of complaints about it.
While the gameplay got nice impressions (sure it's not perfect, but it's okay; plus, it's a game with more than 60 playable characters), the storyline seems to be almost non-existant. Some people do prefer the katas over the artwork endings, but most of the endings seem to be really stupid (plus, almost impossoble to actually happen). Even Taven's ending, which should work as the "real ending", actually doesn't look like a real ending... neither does Daegon's.
As for Konquest mode, it seems to have a good story, although it doesn't explain too much about what happened after the events in Deception. Considering how it seems that there are no bios in the game for the characters, one has just to imagine how supposed dead characters like Mavado or Sheeva got back for Armageddon.

Other than that, the game seems really fine. Plus, there are still rumours about a full FMV ending which would show what really happens at the end of Armageddon.
About Khameleon, so far no one found her, but a female creature from the same race as Reptile is mentioned in his ending (probably it's her); plus, some people think she may be a special third costume for Chameleon or Li Mei...

I can be any person in the world ... maybe I'm this person right in front of you ... or maybe I'm not !!

Fuchikoma
1437th Post

"Re(2):Nobody talking about MK Armageddon?" , posted Thu 12 Oct 01:59post reply

The more I play the game, the more it feels like they didn't have time to finish it. Scorpion and Sub-Zero are the only ones who can do weapon specific fatalities and they're at the beginning of the roster select... the endings... well those took next to no effort. I think they tried to do too much in too little time, I would have much rather had better fatalities and focus on the story than some lame kart racer.

That and Blaze is the most dull and unoriginal final boss in recent memory... he looks like a recolored Necrid.

Just a Person
814th Post

"Re(3):Nobody talking about MK Armageddon?" , posted Thu 12 Oct 03:06post reply

quote:
The more I play the game, the more it feels like they didn't have time to finish it. Scorpion and Sub-Zero are the only ones who can do weapon specific fatalities and they're at the beginning of the roster select... the endings... well those took next to no effort. I think they tried to do too much in too little time, I would have much rather had better fatalities and focus on the story than some lame kart racer.

That and Blaze is the most dull and unoriginal final boss in recent memory... he looks like a recolored Necrid.

Yes, I agree... I'd wait happily more 5 months if it meant the game would get a better story, better endings AND KHAMELEON (Motaro with just 2 legs actually proved himself to be an interesting design, so I won't complain about him - but I wouldn't complain about a 4-legged Motaro either...). Forget the kart racing minigame or silly bonus material in the Krypt...
Some bios would be excellent, though.

I can be any person in the world ... maybe I'm this person right in front of you ... or maybe I'm not !!

Gojira
2062th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(4):Nobody talking about MK Armageddon?" , posted Thu 12 Oct 22:53post reply

I really could care less about the story, but it's still too bad about the endings. I figured they'd at least have one generic ending FMV like the opening FMV. They should have just called it MK Trilogy II, then at least they wouldn't have had to pretend there's a story.

Fuchikoma
1439th Post

"Re(5):Nobody talking about MK Armageddon?" , posted Fri 13 Oct 02:55post reply

Yeah there's not even a FMV ending when you beat Konquest mode. I just beat it yesterday... it's fairly short but actually pretty fun, more like Shaolin Monks. It's basically the same ending as the arcade mode endings unfortunately...

Spoiler (Highlight to view) -
The dumbest thing is in the ending Taven's armor is supposed to either kill all the MK characters or strip them of their powers... but when he wins nothing happens and Armageddon doesn't come... so why the hell was this MK Armageddon?!

End of Spoiler

Dr Baghead
3620th Post

"Re(1):Nobody talking about MK Armageddon?" , posted Fri 13 Oct 03:59post reply

I'm not talking about MKA because I haves no moneys in which to purchase it with (I've been between jobs longer then I expected -__-)... I'm just gonna wait the 3 months it normally takes the MK games to drop to $20 before I buy it.

So how is create a character mode? Fun?
Is it as deep as it appeared in the pictures, what races can you make? are any style/weapon/attacks avalible or is it really limited? Do you have to earn stuff for it or is it all by default?

I have a feeling most of my time in the game is going to be spent playing VS KaK mode.

Blanka and Dan make for a most excellent tag image (yeah still not funny)
my silly little drawin's

Fuchikoma
1441th Post

"Re(2):Nobody talking about MK Armageddon?" , posted Fri 13 Oct 09:12:post reply

Kreate a Fighter is alright... it kind of hurts that the game is using a dated graphics engine and it looks kind of ugly. Unfortunately you can only make one custom character per profile... so I've only made one so far. As far as visuals go, it's pretty inferior to Soul Calibur III's character creation.

What's nicer than SCIII's character creation is that you can pick each and every move for your character. You need serious Koinage to make a decent character though... it took about 3/4 of the koins I got in Konquest to make my character... but I managed to make a pretty spot on Delta Red Cammy... who I named Kammy... yuk yuk. When I noticed that the cannon drill was a special attack you can purchase it gave me the Cammy idea... obviously the programmers are Cammy fans since you can even give her the scar... the only thing she lacks is the elbow joint on her gaunlet and the marks on her thighs. For some odd reason you can also make an exact Sailor Moon. There's also some kind of interesting non human features... but no 4 arms. :(

I haven't messed with the male character creation yet... but I'd imagine you can probably make a pretty passable Kratos or super hero style character. In terms of unlockable stuff for character creation, you unlock various pieces of Elder God armor in Konquest mode... but that seems to be it.

edit- and oh yeah you can only choose from swords or axes for weapons with a custom character... which take some of the fun out of it. I know you can make characters from Baraka's race... not sure if that gives your character arm blades or not though.

[this message was edited by Fuchikoma on Fri 13 Oct 09:41]

Ishmael
2646th Post

"Re(3):Nobody talking about MK Armageddon?" , posted Sat 14 Oct 02:53post reply

quote:
Kreate a Fighter is alright... it kind of hurts that the game is using a dated graphics engine and it looks kind of ugly. Unfortunately you can only make one custom character per profile... so I've only made one so far. As far as visuals go, it's pretty inferior to Soul Calibur III's character creation.

I heard that the CAW parts carry over from one profile to another so once you unlock items in your primary profile you can use the rest of the profiles in the save file to hold additional created characters. That's a roundabout way to have more characters but it just wouldn't be MK if there weren't some pointless hoops you had to jump through just to accomplish the most basic of tasks.

Tashoku Kisune
2219th Post

"Re(2):Nobody talking about MK Armageddon?" , posted Tue 17 Oct 00:53post reply

quote:

Yes, actually, people are making a lot of complaints about it.
While the gameplay got nice impressions (sure it's not perfect, but it's okay; plus, it's a game with more than 60 playable characters), the storyline seems to be almost non-existant. Some people do prefer the katas over the artwork endings, but most of the endings seem to be really stupid (plus, almost impossoble to actually happen). Even Taven's ending, which should work as the "real ending", actually doesn't look like a real ending... neither does Daegon's.
As for Konquest mode, it seems to have a good story, although it doesn't explain too much about what happened after the events in Deception. Considering how it seems that there are no bios in the game for the characters, one has just to imagine how supposed dead characters like Mavado or Sheeva got back for Armageddon.

Other than that, the game seems really fine. Plus, there are still rumours about a full FMV ending which would show what really happens at the end of Armageddon.
About Khameleon, so far no one found her, but a female creature from the same race as Reptile is mentioned in his ending (probably it's her); plus, some people think she may be a special third costume for Chameleon or Li Mei...

Bad news indeed. I had hopes for it. :/

ZamIAm
1579th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(3):Nobody talking about MK Armageddon?" , posted Tue 17 Oct 12:03post reply

I had a feeling they'd screw up the endings though some of the other problems that have been mentioned have been disappointed. Perhaps it'll improve on the Wii version?

Gojira
2063th Post

"Re(4):Nobody talking about MK Armageddon?" , posted Tue 17 Oct 18:33post reply

Yep, this game was rushed all right. It even says so on several of the production art pieces. I absolutely hate the fact that all the new stages you unlock have no interactive elements. The only ones that have interactive elements are the ones that were ripped from Deception. Unlocking these stages was a total waste of time.

MK sure does get rushed a lot, but I haven't seen an MK game this incomplete since MK2. Except MK2 had about 5 upgrades, whereas this one can't be upgraded. They might add the left-out stuff to the Wii version, but who knows with these guys.

GekigangerV
1281th Post

"MK Armageddon + Jack Thompson news" , posted Sat 28 Oct 12:04post reply

I got the game a couple of weeks ago and find it enjoyable for a Mortal Kombat game, but it definetly has it flaws. Motor Kombat seems like a waste and could have been time and resources spent elsewhere. However, Konquest mode does make up for it. I was hoping for a mixture of the free roam-esqueness of Konquest from Deception with the gameplay of Shaolin Monks. I don't mind the linear gameplay of Armageddon's Konquest though.

Kreate-A-Fighter is simple but good. I made a pretty good Final Fight Cody and with the Tornado punch it made it so much sweeter. Of course, as it has already been pointed out, more than one character per profile needs to be implemented. It is definetly a mode that has potential.

I am a bit disappointed in Fatalities. I hope this is something that isn't brought over to the next games. But if it is it would be nice to see everyone have a unique fatality once they input up to 4 or 5 combinations.

That is about it for me, but I bring new news.

Jack Thompson wants MKA taken off the shelves.

Some guy made him in the game and he has gotten on one of his hissy fits.

Speaking of his hissy fits

Check out the last four minutes of a video posted here where Jack gets on a judge involving something about Bully.

Amakusa
681th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(1):MK Armageddon + Jack Thompson news" , posted Sun 29 Oct 01:51post reply

The whole Jack Thompson/MKA thing is going to make MKA a lot more popular than it is right now. It's hilarious.

I found Kagami's sword in a junk yard.
I will rule the world and find that truly good cup of coffee.
"Dink-a-dink-a-dink-a-do."

Red Falcon
5725th Post

"Re(2):MK Armageddon + Jack Thompson news" , posted Mon 30 Oct 01:30post reply

quote:
The whole Jack Thompson/MKA thing is going to make MKA a lot more popular than it is right now. It's hilarious.

Proof that history repeats itself.

Best site EVER:Link Here

Dr Baghead
3627th Post

"How the hell does Kreate-A-Fatality work?!" , posted Mon 30 Oct 05:46post reply

Seriously, what the hell do I do? I finally figure out Up+Y from behind rips out organs, but is that it? what else can I hit... stupid game needs to make sense.

I like the kreate-a-kharacter a lot better then create-a-soul... I love all the "extremely similar but legally distint from" items you can buy. I've made Hellboy (Sword of Storms style) although he had to have 2 hands of doom, Leonardo (since nunchucks, staff, and sais aren't avalible), a I bought up all the parts to make MK1, MK2, and UMK3 ninjas in case I wanted to make 'classic' characters (I also like that parts for pretty much every race are in KaK, male vampires, lady repetiles, 2 armed shokans and 2 legged centaurs.... what's not like?)... haven't bought any lady costume pieces yet, but I bet I could make a really good [shameless plug]Rio Palillos: the Devil Hunter for Hire [/shameless plug] with some of the clothes I've seen, something I couldn't really do in CaS

Motor Kombat sucks, why didn't they bring back the 3 minigames from MKD? You'd think that would have been just as good and gave them time to work on other things.

my silly little drawin's

Gojira
2072th Post

"Re(1):How the hell does Kreate-A-Fatality wor" , posted Mon 30 Oct 07:36:post reply

quote:
Seriously, what the hell do I do? I finally figure out Up+Y from behind rips out organs, but is that it? what else can I hit... stupid game needs to make sense.

If I remember right, KaF moves are mostly just double-tap a direction and hit a button. Finishers are mostly done with O (or B if you have X-box). Like ff+O or dd+O or whatever.

I have a printout of all the KaF moves, but even with it, Kreate a Fatality is stupid. Only certain characters can do certain moves, so you'll end up failing a lot and not knowing whether it was you or just if the character you're using can't do what you tell it. Like Scorpion can pull out a sword, but he can't get the opponent into face down or face up position so you can't do the one face down fatality w/ sword. And I haven't found or heard of any position changes with KaK, making their fatality chains crap.

[this message was edited by Gojira on Mon 30 Oct 07:44]

Just a Person
825th Post

"Good news about the bios" , posted Wed 8 Nov 19:26post reply

In the Fight Night 2006 interview, at the Mortal Kombat Online website, the MK Team confirmed that they will release all the characters' bios at Midway's official forums. They also say that the bios will explain everything about the characters, so the bios probably won't be as weird as the endings were.

However, one bad thing for people who like Khameleon: she's not the female Saurian mentioned in Reptile's ending, according to John Vogel, and her chances of being in the Wii version seem to be very small, considering how Ed Boon said he wouldn't bet on it happening...

ZamIAm
1585th Post

"Re(1):Good news about the bios" , posted Wed 15 Nov 23:42post reply

quote:
In the Fight Night 2006 interview, at the Mortal Kombat Online website, the MK Team confirmed that they will release all the characters' bios at Midway's official forums. They also say that the bios will explain everything about the characters, so the bios probably won't be as weird as the endings were.

However, one bad thing for people who like Khameleon: she's not the female Saurian mentioned in Reptile's ending, according to John Vogel, and her chances of being in the Wii version seem to be very small, considering how Ed Boon said he wouldn't bet on it happening...

Good. Reading some spoilers, a few of the endings have alot of potential (Tanya becoming a "Dragon Caller" seems intriguing). Hopefully, they'll clear things up on the Wii.

Just a Person
827th Post

"Re(2):Good news about the bios + MK Unchained" , posted Wed 22 Nov 01:24post reply

quote:
Good. Reading some spoilers, a few of the endings have alot of potential (Tanya becoming a "Dragon Caller" seems intriguing). Hopefully, they'll clear things up on the Wii.

Yup, Tanya as a "Dragon Caller" is a nice twist. Unfortunately, due to her low popularity, it's more likely that this is not canon and that she will just die...

Anyway, MK:Unchained (MK:Deception for PSP, with the additions of Goro and Shao Kahn (both already seen in the GameCube version), as well as Blaze, Kitana, Frost and Jax) has been released. And guess what, the bios and endings for the "new" characters DO explain a lot of things! It shows, for instance, how can Frost be in the Lin Kuei temple in Armageddon's Konquest Mode, if Sub-Zero buried her in Outworld; it shows a little more about Blaze's quest, even showing Taven's parents and mentioning him (although not by his name, but as the "son of his creator"); and also points out who gathered all the heroes to clash the villains in the Armageddon opening video, and what's the reason for every hero to join the group.

At first, the MK story seemed to be dead and buried in Armageddon. But with Vogel announcing the bios to be released in the MKA forum (and maybe also added in the Wii version), and now these little details from Unchained, maybe the MK Team did make a good job in the story, after all... (I still want Khameleon, though).

ZamIAm
1589th Post

"Re(3):Good news about the bios + MK Unchained" , posted Thu 23 Nov 12:22post reply

quote:
Anyway, MK:Unchained (MK:Deception for PSP, with the additions of Goro and Shao Kahn (both already seen in the GameCube version), as well as Blaze, Kitana, Frost and Jax) has been released. And guess what, the bios and endings for the "new" characters DO explain a lot of things! It shows, for instance, how can Frost be in the Lin Kuei temple in Armageddon's Konquest Mode, if Sub-Zero buried her in Outworld; it shows a little more about Blaze's quest, even showing Taven's parents and mentioning him (although not by his name, but as the "son of his creator"); and also points out who gathered all the heroes to clash the villains in the Armageddon opening video, and what's the reason for every hero to join the group.

Spoilers? I don't own PSP so I know for certain I'm not getting Unchained.

Just a Person
829th Post

"Re(4):Good news about the bios + MK Unchained" , posted Thu 23 Nov 20:19post reply

quote:
Spoilers? I don't own PSP so I know for certain I'm not getting Unchained.

I see... well, you can see the bios and endings for the new characters at the Mortal Kombat Warehouse website.
Now, let's wait for the promised bios for every MKA character...

Ishmael
2696th Post

"Re(5):Good news about the bios + MK Unchained" , posted Tue 19 Dec 05:49post reply

Yes, I know that regurgitating this thread is not the best thing in the world to do but since I just got to try out the game I felt the need to share my impressions.

The game itself felt rushed and slap-happy. Normally this would be a bad thing but since this is MK it more felt like the game was hearkening back to the "glory" days of the series. The Shaolin Monks side game always felt like an odd duck in the MK line since it had responsive controls and proper hit detection. If someone ever makes a MK game that controls like most other fighters I will have no idea how to approach it.

The create a tramp option didn't impress me. Would it have been too much work to include something as simple as a blouse for the female characters? Having so many pieces included that were obviously supposed to be used to create known characters from non-MK properties was also an annoyance. I spent more time trying to guess what body part was meant for what character than I did creating anything new. Plus, all that copyright infringement amd they didn't include the ability to make a good Jack Burton? For shame.

At least the game featured Meat. He was idiotic, gross and I loved him. Meat needs his own spin-off game. Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Meat will easily be the best game Midway has ever put out.

Dr Baghead
3639th Post

"Re(6):Good news about the bios + MK Unchained" , posted Tue 19 Dec 07:13post reply

quote:
Having so many pieces included that were obviously supposed to be used to create known characters from non-MK properties was also an annoyance.

but it keeps the crazy MK fans from bitching about the lack of an offical non-Evil Raiden, or UMK3 costumes for EVERY ninja.

Plus it lets people with dumb fanfic ideas live out their dreams: Aside from the obvious "make your own ninja/tarkan/other spiece then write about Scorpion/Baraka/other powerful member of another spieces fears them" you can make What if characters like.... What if Sub-Zero became a Cyborg Ninja?! What if Sonya had arms like Jax?! What if Frost and/or Tanya was a classic style female ninja?! What an unmaked Scorpion stole Sub-Zero's cryomancer powers and wore Bruce Lee's clothes?! etc!

my silly little drawin's

Just a Person
833th Post

"First MKA Bio released!!" , posted Fri 29 Dec 22:00post reply

It seems that the work with the bios has started. Midway has recently published Kenshi's bio.

It's a little vague, but we can't expect that one single bio explains the whole story of what happened between Deception/Unchained and Armageddon, can we?

But I liked it, now let's wait for the next bios!

Ishmael
2703th Post

"Re(1):First MKA Bio released!!" , posted Sat 30 Dec 05:04post reply

quote:
It seems that the work with the bios has started. Midway has recently published Kenshi's bio.

It's a little vague, but we can't expect that one single bio explains the whole story of what happened between Deception/Unchained and Armageddon, can we?

Yeesh, if Midway keeps up this release rate they may get all the bios out before 2008.

ZamIAm
1592th Post

"Re(2):First MKA Bio released!!" , posted Sat 30 Dec 13:32post reply

quote:

Yeesh, if Midway keeps up this release rate they may get all the bios out before 2008.

Hopefully, they'll release them semi daily, which would make the last one release somewhere around the MKA Wii release date.

Just a Person
834th Post

"Second MKA Bio released!!" , posted Thu 4 Jan 21:43post reply

This time, we get to know Sareena's bio. I liked it a lot, very interesting, and adds a lot to her relationships with Sub-Zero, Noob Saibot, Smoke and Quan Chi!

If the bio doesn't open, try opening it at the Mortal Kombat Online website.

Now, let's hope that the next bios don't take so much time to be released...

Just a Person
837th Post

"Third MKA Bio released!! One per day, maybe??" , posted Fri 5 Jan 21:52post reply

One day after Sareena's, now it's time for Fujin's bio! And it's very good, IMO: although it doesn't say a lot about Fujin's whereabouts before MKA (but Boon always said that in MKDA and MKD, Fujin was guarding Earthrealm, so there wasn't really much to expect), it explains how Liu Kang got "revived", and also points out that Raiden has become evil.

It also brings some mysteries: how did Raiden get corrupted? Who did this to him? And did Cage really defeat Shinnok, or is this part of a trap for the Earthrealm heroes?? Other bios will tell, we hope...

Some MK fans are expecting that Midway may begin to release one new bio per day, in order to keep the expectations high for the MKA port for Wii (which seems to be scheduled to the beginning of March). Just in case, I suggest you to visit the Mortal Kombat Online website (so I don't need to be bringing more posts to this topic everyday and possibly annoying people who don't like Mortal Kombat - but sure, I don't mind putting links to these bios here everyday, as long as everyone here is cool with that).

Ishmael
2707th Post

"Re(1):Third MKA Bio released!! One per day, m" , posted Sat 6 Jan 04:41post reply

quote:
Just in case, I suggest you to visit the Mortal Kombat Online website (so I don't need to be bringing more posts to this topic everyday and possibly annoying people who don't like Mortal Kombat - but sure, I don't mind putting links to these bios here everyday, as long as everyone here is cool with that).

If you feel like commenting, why not? Hearing what others think about games is the main reason I come here. That, and it saves me the trouble of checking around if the only updates are for lame characters I don't like.

ZamIAm
1593th Post

"Re(1):Third MKA Bio released!! One per day, m" , posted Tue 9 Jan 00:43post reply

quote:

Some MK fans are expecting that Midway may begin to release one new bio per day, in order to keep the expectations high for the MKA port for Wii (which seems to be scheduled to the beginning of March). Just in case, I suggest you to visit the Mortal Kombat Online website (so I don't need to be bringing more posts to this topic everyday and possibly annoying people who don't like Mortal Kombat - but sure, I don't mind putting links to these bios here everyday, as long as everyone here is cool with that).

Perhaps, you should do it weekly. It keeps the thread active without too much clutter from doing it daily.

kofoguz
499th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):Third MKA Bio released!! One per day, m" , posted Tue 9 Jan 05:02post reply

Or in every three days. And yeah commenting would be good.

Just a Person
841th Post

"Re(2):Third MKA Bio released!! One per day, m" , posted Sun 14 Jan 22:55post reply

quote:
Perhaps, you should do it weekly. It keeps the thread active without too much clutter from doing it daily.

------------------

Or in every three days. And yeah commenting would be good.

Good ideas! But we won´t need that for now; this week, the MK Team released only one bio, Nightwolf´s. It explains how Onaga got defeated in MK:Deception, and where did Liu Kang´s spirit go.

I hope at least three bios are revealed the next five days, curiosity is growing...

ZamIAm
1594th Post

"Re(3):Third MKA Bio released!! One per day, m" , posted Sun 14 Jan 23:13post reply

quote:
this week, the MK Team released only one bio, Nightwolf´s. It explains how Onaga got defeated in MK:Deception, and where did Liu Kang´s spirit go.

I hope at least three bios are revealed the next five days, curiosity is growing...

I like how they are releasing lower tier characters first and how they seem to be trying to really be trying to flesh out the story.

ZamIAm
1595th Post

"Fourth MKA Bio released!!" , posted Tue 23 Jan 14:29post reply

It's Raiden and it confirms the stuff from Fujin's bio: http://mkarmageddon.com/assets/bios/bio_raiden.html

I'm wondering if Lui Kang's bio will be for his zombie corpes or for his wandering spirit.

Just a Person
844th Post

"Re(1):Fifth MKA Bio released, actually..." , posted Wed 24 Jan 03:25post reply

quote:
It's Raiden and it confirms the stuff from Fujin's bio: http://mkarmageddon.com/assets/bios/bio_raiden.html

I'm wondering if Lui Kang's bio will be for his zombie corpes or for his wandering spirit.

Actually, this is the fifth bio released. Sorry, it's my fault (I didn't change the title when Nightwolf's bio was released).

But anyway, it seems that Raiden has decided to change his behavior by himself. His new way of dealing with threats to the Earthrealm is creepy.

Now, there are some bios which I'm curious to see:

- Shinnok: so far, most of the bios have mentioned him, so it seems that he'll play a big part into the story. I wonder what it is.

- Johnny Cage: most bios also mentioned him claiming that he defeated Shinnok (which would only be possible to happen if Shinnok still sucks at fighting like in MK4 - but not in MKM:Sub-Zero), and that he's gathering the good fighters to battle the evil ones. But what are his true intentions??

- Kintaro, Sheeva, Motaro: these three were confirmed as dead (well, not Kintaro, but he's killed at MK:SM and haven't appeared at the series for a long time). How are they back to life?

- Hsu Hao, Jarek, Mavado, Shang Tsung, Quan Chi: same as above, but not that interesting to me.

- Reptile: so, Khameleon was excluded from the game, it doesn't seem that she'll even be included at the Wii version, and Vogel said the Zaterran queen at Reptile's ending is not her. I hope at least Reptile's bio shows what happened to her.

Just a Person
845th Post

"News: Khameleon "Wii"ll be in MKA after all.." , posted Sat 27 Jan 11:42post reply

Well, the week has ended, and the only bio released was Raiden's. Drat. I hope next week will bring at least two or three bios... but MK Team is doing a really good job in them, very interesting!!

Anyway, some news surfaced about the Wii version of MKA. It seems that it can be played with the Wiimote, or with the Classic Controller, or even with GameCube's controller.

The gameplay with the Wiimote seems interesting, involving certain movements from the player. For instance, to throw Scorpion's spear, the player needs to move the Wiimote away from the screen, then towards the place on the screen where the opponent is. Sounds nice!

Good news is the addition of an Endurance Mode (although its description makes it look like a Survival Mode, rather than an Endurance one). Bad news, however, is the lack of online play (it seems that due to lack of information on Wii's online capabilities or something like that, they decided not to put online play in it).

However, two news published at the Mortal Kombat Online website recently made a huge impact:

1) There will be a MK game for Nintendo DS. It seems that it won't be totally new, but not what we've seen so far, either.

2) Khameleon, the female ninja from the N64 version of MK Trilogy, who's actually from the same race than Reptile (and maybe, from Chameleon as well), will be added as a playable character in the game!!! However, we don't know if any character will have to leave this version so that she can be added (if so, Chameleon seems to be the most likely candidate).

Nevertheless, I loved this news! And it's nice for everyone. If you have a Wii, it's an extra reason to buy MKA. If you have a Wii but don't like her or don't care about her, there will be a lot of other characters to choose. If you have a PS2 or a Xbox, you may make her in KAK Mode exactly like the Wii version, including her bio and ending, and the only differences will be the lack of her Vs. Screen or the announcer saying her name and ending. Same thing if you have a Wii but wants Chameleon (the male one) in it.

Now, let's wait for more MKA bios... and for some Khameleon's pictures as well!!

hikarutilmitt
362th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(1):News: Khameleon" , posted Sat 27 Jan 14:19post reply

quote:
It seems that it can be played with the Wiimote, or with the Classic Controller, or even with GameCube's controller.

Yay, a game that will actually use the classic controller without having to be a VC game! I'm miffed that Metal Slug didn't have that option even though it was supposed to.

quote:
Khameleon, the female ninja from the N64 version of MK Trilogy, who's actually from the same race than Reptile (and maybe, from Chameleon as well), will be added as a playable character in the game!!! However, we don't know if any character will have to leave this version so that she can be added (if so, Chameleon seems to be the most likely candidate).

Double yay! I was hoping this would happen, and I could certainly see them removing Chameleon to put her into it instead. Hell, knowing anything this could just be their chance to do something weird and say its the same person the entire time, thus fitting with the "chameleon" aspect of their character to a further extreme.

The online thing honestly doesn't bother me since I didn't play MKA online for the PS2 and wasn't really in the mood to after MKD was fun online for maybe an hour or 2 at most (good job, hackers!). That and their excuse for it not being there... eh, devs are supposed to be getting the Wii online kits soon anyway and they've apparently delayed the game until MAY, so they could have enough time to put it in.

Ishmael
2723th Post

"Re(2):News: Khameleon" , posted Sun 28 Jan 07:23post reply

Who would have thought that the GC controller would suddenly look like a good choice for a fighting game? Still, that is good news that MKA will support a more traditional controller. While it may be fun as a novelty, I suspect that trying to play games designed with a standard controller in mind with the Wii wand will be a similar experience to using the DC fishing wand to play Soul Calibur.

ZamIAm
1596th Post

"Cage - and I don't mean Luke..." , posted Fri 2 Feb 11:26post reply

http://mkarmageddon.com/assets/bios/bio_johnny_cage.html

Well he's up, and I'm seriously thinking that Midway has a very specific preplanned way of releasing these with the way the bios connect. I feel that Shinnok probably went easy on Johnny--unless Shinnok is much weaker without the kamidogu. Serious curious about Shinnok...

Just a Person
847th Post

"Re(1):Cage - and I don't mean Luke..." , posted Fri 2 Feb 22:05post reply

quote:
http://mkarmageddon.com/assets/bios/bio_johnny_cage.html

Well he's up, and I'm seriously thinking that Midway has a very specific preplanned way of releasing these with the way the bios connect. I feel that Shinnok probably went easy on Johnny--unless Shinnok is much weaker without the kamidogu. Serious curious about Shinnok...

Well, Shinnok is very weak without his amulet. But yeah, I think he's planning something. Maybe he is the one sending Cage his "visions". Maybe even he sent the doppleganger mentioned in his ending. Anyway, Cage didn't even defeat Shinnok, he just hit Shinnok and then the fallen villain disappeared.

It's nice that Johnny Cage is finally getting interesting and important! However, it would be nice if these bios could be posted more often. One bio per week isn't really much, mainly considering that we're talking about 62 bios (63 now that Khameleon is coming back), and that the MKA Wii version will come up in April - and Boon said it's not impossible that all the bios may be added to this version of MKA.

Now, I want to see the bios for Shinnok (who seems to be the main villain now), Quan Chi, Shang Tsung, Motaro, Sheeva, Jarek, Mavado, Hsu Hao, Onaga (all of them were supposed to be dead, so it would be nice to know how they came back to life), Noob Saibot (why is he working with Quan Chi again??), Kintaro (since he's been absent from MK for a ling time) and Sonya (just because I love her!).

Also, at least one picture from Khameleon (render, game screenshot, it doesn't matter) would be really cool! I can't wait until one of these is released!

ZamIAm
1598th Post

"Re(2):Cage - and I don't mean Luke..." , posted Sun 4 Feb 14:32post reply

quote:
Now, I want to see the bios for Shinnok (who seems to be the main villain now), Quan Chi, Shang Tsung, Motaro, Sheeva, Jarek, Mavado, Hsu Hao, Onaga (all of them were supposed to be dead, so it would be nice to know how they came back to life)

While Shinnok is probably the main culprit considering his rule over the Netherrealm I wonder if for Onaga specifically if Tanya's "dragon caller" status get confirmed here (hey, they actually decided to let Nightwolf's ending be canon so I'm crossing my fingers here)

Just a Person
848th Post

"Re(3):Cage - and I don't mean Luke..." , posted Tue 6 Feb 04:31post reply

quote:
While Shinnok is probably the main culprit considering his rule over the Netherrealm I wonder if for Onaga specifically if Tanya's "dragon caller" status get confirmed here (hey, they actually decided to let Nightwolf's ending be canon so I'm crossing my fingers here)

Hm... but Tanya becomes a "dragon caller" in her MKA ending, right? It would be weird if her ending claims her becoming this if she already had these powers before (unless Tanya wasn't aware she had the powers all the time).

I like Tanya, she's a woman who prefers to use her intelligence than her muscles to accomplish her goals. Too sad that I guess she'll die due to her considerably low popularity (although Boon seems to like her).

Let's hope her bio is one of the next to be shown. In fact, let's wait that Vogel releases more than just one bio this week (yes, I'm whining too much about this, sorry... but the bios are turning very interesting, so I'm getting more and more curious about everyone's bios...).

Ishmael
2736th Post

"Re(4):Cage - and I don't mean Luke..." , posted Wed 7 Feb 23:08post reply

quote:
I like Tanya, she's a woman who prefers to use her intelligence than her muscles to accomplish her goals. Too sad that I guess she'll die due to her considerably low popularity (although Boon seems to like her).

I wouldn't worry too much about her since, as far as I can remember, nobody has stayed dead in the MK world. The surprisingly few that have died either get to come back as someone else [such as Noob] or mysteriously get better. Did they ever explain how Johnny Cage stopped being dead?

Just a Person
849th Post

"Re(5):Cage - and I don't mean Luke..." , posted Thu 8 Feb 00:14post reply

quote:

I wouldn't worry too much about her since, as far as I can remember, nobody has stayed dead in the MK world. The surprisingly few that have died either get to come back as someone else [such as Noob] or mysteriously get better. Did they ever explain how Johnny Cage stopped being dead?

Well, he died just before MK3 began, and in MKT his soul couldn't ascend to Heaven due to Shao Kahn's attempt to merge Earthrealm and Outworld, so his soul went back to his body. Then, after Kahn was defeated, Cage did die and went to Heaven.
Then, in MK4, Raiden asked him to help fighting Shinnok's warriors. I always presumed that as a gift for the help, Raiden let Cage stay alive.

However, some people say that Vogel retconned the story and that these deaths from Johnny Cage never happened, and were just part of a bad movie script he got (but I have never seen Vogel stating that, so that info may be false).
Either way, Cage died one more time in the end of MK:Deadly Alliance, as he, Kitana, Jax, Sonya and Kung Lao were killed by the Deadly Alliance. But in the beginning of MK:Deception, Onaga (a.k.a. the Dragon King) revived the five of them to work as his mind-controlled slaves. It seems that Liu Kang's spirit freed them from the mind-control, though.

Just a Person
850th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Seventh bio released!!" , posted Thu 8 Feb 21:58post reply

Yeah, this update should come only after Friday, but since Midway seems to be releasing just one bio per week, I think this update is worth mentioning.

This time, we get the release of Sonya's bio! Yes, my favorite MK character got her bio, and a nice one, may I say.

I like how Sonya isn't against the Black Dragon or Red Dragon anymore (although this may happen due to her not knowing that Kano, Mavado and others are still alive...), and this time she's not just chasing a new threat, but also got her friend captured and maybe even killed. It's a nice touch to develop Sonya's emotional side. Plus, it fits with her appearance in Konquest Mode and maybe with Jax's ending... which means...

Spoiler (Highlight to view) -
could MK8 see Sonya having to face Jax and maybe even killing him? That should be very hard for her, even though Sonya seems to take her missions very seriously, no matter what happens...

End of Spoiler

Nice one, anyway! Now, I wonder what we'll see from Jax's and also Sektor's bios... and when they will be released...

And as I said, maybe one picture from Khameleon still this month...

ZamIAm
1599th Post

"Re(1):Seventh bio released!!" , posted Sat 10 Feb 13:57post reply

quote:
Yeah, this update should come only after Friday, but since Midway seems to be releasing just one bio per week, I think this update is worth mentioning.

This time, we get the release of Sonya's bio! Yes, my favorite MK character got her bio, and a nice one, may I say.

I like how Sonya isn't against the Black Dragon or Red Dragon anymore (although this may happen due to her not knowing that Kano, Mavado and others are still alive...), and this time she's not just chasing a new threat, but also got her friend captured and maybe even killed. It's a nice touch to develop Sonya's emotional side. Plus, it fits with her appearance in Konquest Mode and maybe with Jax's ending...

Nice one, anyway! Now, I wonder what we'll see from Jax's and also Sektor's bios... and when they will be released...

Seems good and the possible tie to Jax's ending means that others have a chance at such foreshadowing (crosses fingers for Tanya). With all these dead chacters coming back to life, I wonder if Ashrah managed to ascend out of the Netherrealm? She has a shot at being a masive wildcard in the heroes favor pending on if she got out and how strong slaying the other demons made her.

BTW, what's your email?

Just a Person
851th Post

"Re(2):Seventh bio released!!" , posted Sun 11 Feb 09:41post reply

quote:

I like how Sonya isn't against the Black Dragon or Red Dragon anymore (although this may happen due to her not knowing that Kano, Mavado and others are still alive...), and this time she's not just chasing a new threat, but also got her friend captured and maybe even killed. It's a nice touch to develop Sonya's emotional side. Plus, it fits with her appearance in Konquest Mode and maybe with Jax's ending...

Seems good and the possible tie to Jax's ending means that others have a chance at such foreshadowing (crosses fingers for Tanya). With all these dead chacters coming back to life, I wonder if Ashrah managed to ascend out of the Netherrealm? She has a shot at being a masive wildcard in the heroes favor pending on if she got out and how strong slaying the other demons made her.

BTW, what's your email?

My email? I guess saker@saci.org.br would be the best option (I have other emails, but they're often full).

And I guess Ashrah did manage to ascend from Netherrealm, or she would have no way to take part in the Armageddon main event. And that may lead to interesting events, like when she meets Ermac (the one that defeated her in the past), Shujinko (who she trained for a while), Quan Chi and Shinnok (former masters), or Sareena (former partner, and possibly Sareena was with the agents who tried to kill her when she abandoned the Brotherhood of Shadow)...

ZamIAm
1600th Post

"Prince..." , posted Thu 15 Feb 23:30post reply

It's short: http://mkarmageddon.com/charBio.html?charName=rain

Just a Person
852th Post

"Re(1):Prince..." , posted Fri 16 Feb 19:58post reply

quote:
It's short: http://mkarmageddon.com/charBio.html?charName=rain

This one was published on Tuesday, wasn't it? I was expecting Vogel would release one new bio yesterday night, but he didn't... maybe tonight we'll get something new?

Well, Rain's bio is good, but it's too short. If it just explained what happened to him between MK Trilogy and MK Armageddon, it would be actually the best bio released so far. But it brings his true personality, and that's good!

Also, maybe we'll see more about Rain in other bios (I guess Jade's or Daegon's... maybe even in Tanya's bio, but that's unlikely to me). And anyway, the Konquest Mode in MK:Deception may hint what happened to him after Trilogy (maybe he was left behind by Shao Kahn's army in Edenia, then was considered by the Edenians as a traitor and went into hiding).

BTW, the Mortal Kombat Online website released some new screenshots of Wii's version of MKA. They show how some special moves are accomplished; unfortunately, no Khameleon screenshot yet... but I guess (and hope) we'll see some image of her really soon...

sushi_bunny
426th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(3):Nobody talking about MK Armageddon?" , posted Sat 17 Feb 01:32post reply

but I managed to make a pretty spot on Delta Red Cammy... who I named Kammy... yuk yuk. When I noticed that the cannon drill was a special attack you can purchase it gave me the Cammy idea... obviously the programmers are Cammy fans since you can even give her the scar... the only thing she lacks is the elbow joint on her gaunlet and the marks on her thighs. For some odd reason you can also make an exact Sailor Moon. There's also some kind of interesting non human features... but no 4 arms. :(

Don't tell me Capcom with team Arika is going to merge with Midway. That would totally not make sense. On youtube I saw a Chun Li Creation... (shudder) (cringe)

sush.

Disgust and disrespect goes to Juan Sabo 10 (especially) JJJ Onslaught (the most) Bootation go to hell. I don't take jokes anymore for all eternity.

Just a Person
853th Post

"Re(4):Nobody talking about MK Armageddon?" , posted Sun 18 Feb 10:43post reply

quote:
but I managed to make a pretty spot on Delta Red Cammy... who I named Kammy... yuk yuk. When I noticed that the cannon drill was a special attack you can purchase it gave me the Cammy idea... obviously the programmers are Cammy fans since you can even give her the scar... the only thing she lacks is the elbow joint on her gaunlet and the marks on her thighs. For some odd reason you can also make an exact Sailor Moon. There's also some kind of interesting non human features... but no 4 arms. :(

Don't tell me Capcom with team Arika is going to merge with Midway. That would totally not make sense. On youtube I saw a Chun Li Creation... (shudder) (cringe)

sush.

That reminds me that Ed Boon told in an interview (if I'm not mistaken, it was the same interview where he told that MK8 would retain some old characters, despite stating earlier that all the characters in it would be new) that he wanted to make a Mortal Kombat X Street Fighter game, and that it seems that there is/was a negotiation going on with Capcom to do it.

I honestly hope it never happens (well, it happened in cards, but we're talking about videogames). I love both SF and MK series, but they just don't fit together...

ZamIAm
1601th Post

"Re(5):Nobody talking about MK Armageddon?" , posted Thu 22 Feb 08:56post reply

quote:
but I managed to make a pretty spot on Delta Red Cammy... who I named Kammy... yuk yuk. When I noticed that the cannon drill was a special attack you can purchase it gave me the Cammy idea... obviously the programmers are Cammy fans since you can even give her the scar...

If I remember correctly, Tanya specifically has an attack named Human Cannon Drill. BTW, what are Rain and Tanya's weapons? I haven't played Armaggedon at all and it has been a while since I played Deception. I heard that the daggers in Rain's art is not what he uses in the game.

Dr Baghead
3642th Post

"Re(5):Nobody talking about MK Armageddon?" , posted Sat 24 Feb 08:34post reply

quote:
I honestly hope it never happens. I love both SF and MK series, but they just don't fit together...

I hope it does happen BECAUSE they don't fit together... in an ideal world Capcom would make a 2D game with MK characters (as Capcom style sprites, not digitized images)adhiring to the rules of an SF game and Midway would make a 3D game with the SF characters playing MK style.... of course it goes without saying the SF cast would be sprites from Alpha/CvS/CFJ and the MK characters would just be their Deception/Armagedeon/Shoalin Monks models reused to save money, but that would be excepted.

Give the games an MvC feel (where there's a completely non-cannon story going on that vaguely relates to why the characters are fighting) and rivals like in SvC:MotM and they'd be a real winners!

People who enjoy fun games would have TWO to try, if just to see the endings, and message boards would be with filled wacky bitchin' like: "I can't do Kano's (Sommersault Justice style command) Super Move and hitting punch 7 times doesn't do a 50% combo! this game is lame!!!" or "STREET FIGHTERS SHOULD NOT HAVE FATALITIES!!! Akuma or Sagat or Cammy would NEVER kill someone!!"

(of course, since Capcom Japan apparently gave the SF rights to Capcom USA I guess they wouldn't make 2D sprites for the MK characters... which means the only game would be the MK team's, and that wouldn't as fun without a counterpoint...)

my silly little drawin's

Just a Person
854th Post

"Re(6):Nobody talking about MK Armageddon?" , posted Mon 26 Feb 08:17post reply

quote:
but I managed to make a pretty spot on Delta Red Cammy... who I named Kammy... yuk yuk. When I noticed that the cannon drill was a special attack you can purchase it gave me the Cammy idea... obviously the programmers are Cammy fans since you can even give her the scar...

If I remember correctly, Tanya specifically has an attack named Human Cannon Drill. BTW, what are Rain and Tanya's weapons? I haven't played Armaggedon at all and it has been a while since I played Deception. I heard that the daggers in Rain's art is not what he uses in the game.

Rain uses a Storm Sword (a kind of sword that looks like a katana), and Tanya uses a Kobu Jutsu (looks like Soul Calibur II/III Talim´s weapon).

Just a Person
855th Post

"Ninth bio released!" , posted Wed 28 Feb 01:31post reply

After more than one week without updates, another bio was finally published. This time, it´s Jarek´s.

This bio shows how he managed to survive the fall in MK4 (although what he did is kinda impossible to do... but then again, isn´t the whole MK universe impossible??), and now Jarek seems to be obsessed in search for the supreme fatality to get revenge on Jax and, if I understood correctly, someone who betrayed him (but who could this person be??).

Also, it shows Jarek is another evil guy recruited by Quan Chi (Rain was also in this team, remember?). And that he´s quite merciless, killing lots of people through the realms to perfect his fatality skills.

Overall, I liked it. Not a great bio, but not bad either. Now, the wait for the other bios (as well as Khameleon´s first pics in MKA) continues...

Just a Person
869th Post

"Finally, the tenth bio is released..." , posted Thu 15 Mar 10:14:post reply

Wow, they took a long time to bring this one...

But at least, this one is superb! Yeah, I really liked it! It´s Onaga´s bio, by the way!

It reveals how he was defeated in MK:Deception, why he is an ally for Shao Kahn, Shang Tsung and Quan Chi, it finally reveals part of Shinnok´s plan, and even makes his appearance at the MKA opening video make sense!

Yeah, great job in it! But we still have more 53 bios to read (and again, two bios a week wouldn´t hurt...), and also Khameleon´s appearance to be revealed...

[this message was edited by Just a Person on Wed 28 Mar 05:11]

Alba Meira
2th Post

New Customer

"Re(1):Finally, the tenth bio is released..." , posted Thu 15 Mar 10:49post reply

quote:

But at least, this one is superb! Yeah, I really liked it! It´s Onaga´s bio, by the way!

It reveals how he was defeated in MK:Deception, why he is an ally for Shao Kahn, Shang Tsung and Quan Chi, it finally reveals part of Shinnok´s plan, and even makes his appearance at the MKA opening video make sense!

Yeah, great job in it! But we still have more 53 bios to read (and again, two bios a week wouldn´t hurt...), and also Khameleon´s appearance to be revealed...

I agree with this Bio being one of the better ones it helps me to understand the endings better.

ZamIAm
1602th Post

"Re(2):Finally, the tenth bio is released..." , posted Sat 17 Mar 12:26post reply

quote:

That was solid, and it added alot of depth to the story. And in made Shujinko not seem like a worthless screwup!

Just a Person
869th Post

"11th. bio - time for the big boss..." , posted Tue 27 Mar 06:09:post reply

Unfortunately, MKA has been delayed to May, 2007. Yes, it's just a month, but I was expecting for the first ever MKA Khameleon picture, and as originally it would be released in the beginning of April, that would happen anyday this week. Now, we'll have to wait more weeks until knowing if her inclusion was really worth it.

Until then, at least, we've got Blaze's bio. Nothing astonishing, but overall I liked it.

[this message was edited by Just a Person on Wed 28 Mar 05:10]

Just a Person
872th Post

"New bio... TODAY?? YAY!!!" , posted Thu 29 Mar 08:07post reply

It's Wednesday (not that it matters, anyway), and we've got a new bio! This time, it's Shang Tsung's!

His bio explains how he's back to life after the MKD opening video. The way how he got a new body is very gross, but it's better to him than staying dead, maybe. The sad part is that Tsung is once again Shao Kahn's servant (and now Goro is at the same position as he is...), but maybe he knows how to solve it? We'll see...

And let's hope that maybe we can see at least one more bio this week... or maybe Khameleon... Game Informer has seen her, but for some odd reason they didn't show her or commented about her...

Alba Meira
6th Post

New Customer

"Re(1):New bio... TODAY?? YAY!!!" , posted Thu 29 Mar 13:33post reply

Your right it does suck for Tsung but it brings back memories of MK Conquest where they had to make a similar vow to Kahn overall I was waiting for this Bio really thanks.

Just a Person
876th Post

"First OFFICIAL MKA Khameleon's appearance" , posted Fri 30 Mar 21:21:post reply

Last night, Ed Boon was at Gamespot to show a little of the Wii version of MK:Armageddon, mostly to show the controls with the Wiimote and the new Wake Up movement (it seems the fighter lays down on the floor in order to avoid attacks, and can stand up fast).

Unfortunately, he didn't test Khameleon. In fact, she barely appeared. However, in order to show how the controls work, he has to select a fighter; in order to select a fighter, he has to go to the select screen. Then... Voilá! She is right below Nightwolf.

The screen is not very good, so we can't say exactly how she looks. It seems she wears a light green mask (but not like Jade's mask in her alternate outfit), her skin is very pale, maybe completely white (but it doesn't seem that she's transparent like Chameleon - but that's a possibility as well), and she has a quite messy grey or white hair (considering how she's supposed to be from Reptile's race, and that reptilians don't have hair or fur, that's a little strange).

As usual, most of the MK players are complaining about her look. But I quite like it. Although it's hard to judge from now, since the screen isn't very clear...

Other things that I noticed: now there's only one KAK slot in the select screen (probably for both players instead of only Player 2); Daegon and Meat are already unlocked in the screen (could it be that the only secret characters in this version are Taven and Blaze??); and also Raiden is his dark self and Kitana doesn't wear a mask (although these looks probably are in the PS2/Xbox select screens as well, but not in the one Midway released a screen of during the preview last year). Maybe Chameleon should switch places with the KAK icon in the select screen. It would look better.

Well, that's it. MKA may be far from being the flawless closure game that Midway has promised (and in fact, it is far from it, indeed), but it's looking like an interesting game for the Wii, with these little subtle improvements (Khameleon, the new movement, the Endurance Mode, possibility of choosing different controls and probably a really minor graphic improvement). I don't own a Wii (actually, never played any of the three new platforms) and wouldn't buy one just for this game, but if I had one, I'd definitely buy this game.

[this message was edited by Just a Person on Fri 30 Mar 23:06]

Just a Person
876th Post

"New MK:A bio for this week..." , posted Wed 4 Apr 07:44post reply

This bio is kinda intriguing... it reveals that Onaga was really using Reptile's body, but also that this body was lifeless after Shujinko defeated Onaga (so, how did Reptile come back to life??). It also shows that Kitana invites Shujinko to celebrate the fall of Reiko's squad for Shao Kahn, but he suspects this person may not be the real Kitana... (anyone who knows the MK:Deception story probably know what I mean). Interesting...

I guess right know, everyone here already realized this is Shujinko's bio. Enjoy!

Just a Person
877th Post

"A clear screen of HER face..." , posted Wed 11 Apr 02:33post reply

Wow, third post in a row... it would even be the fourth if it weren't for Alba Meira (BTW, thank you! It's nice to know you liked Tsung's bio, too!). Am I updating this topic too fast?

Well, anyway, IGN made an interview with Ed Boon about MK:Armageddon for Wii. Nothing really new, but all the people bitching about Wii's controller may calm down now, since Boon repeated once again that it can be played with the GameCube's controller or the Classic Controller for Wii... also, two people may compete against each other, each one using a different type of controller. He also hinted that Wii may receive other future MK games (maybe not MK8 and so on, which will probably focus on greater graphics and may be too huge for Wii to handle, but maybe some sidestory games. That would be cool.).

The real news, however, was in the image gallery. We finally got a clear screenshot of the character select screen! Now we can see Khameleon's face, and so far I like her new look (let's wait to see her full body, though).

It's also interesting that she is wearing the same headband Chameleon uses. So, it seems they share some kind of relationship... but what could it be? And how could they also relate to Reptile? (we know SHE is related, but what about Chameleon?) And when will we finally see this girl (or lizard-girl, whatever) in action? Time will tell...

One final note, but the screenshots shown by IGN make the game looks a little better than what we've seen in PS2 and Xbox. But that could be just my impression.

Alba Meira
9th Post

New Customer

"Re(1):A clear screen of HER face..." , posted Thu 12 Apr 15:24post reply

quote:
Wow, third post in a row... it would even be the fourth if it weren't for Alba Meira (BTW, thank you! It's nice to know you liked Tsung's bio, too!). Am I updating this topic too fast?

Heh dont mention it, Not really. Ive been a MK fan since Conquest but recently im struggling to keep myself interested in the series as usual Tsung and Khan were my favorite characters so I kinda liked reading up on them.

These Bio's to me are a good way of justifying the direction that the endings are taking (It's better than being left with nothing.)

Also thanks for the character select no real comments on her face the design looks good but nothing MK does right now really suprises me im so used to Deadly Alliance engine they could make MK GTA and I'd be like oh okay nothing new.

Just a Person
878th Post

"Re(2):A clear screen of HER face..." , posted Fri 13 Apr 21:21post reply

quote:
Heh dont mention it, Not really. Ive been a MK fan since Conquest but recently im struggling to keep myself interested in the series as usual Tsung and Khan were my favorite characters so I kinda liked reading up on them.

These Bio's to me are a good way of justifying the direction that the endings are taking (It's better than being left with nothing.)

Also thanks for the character select no real comments on her face the design looks good but nothing MK does right now really suprises me im so used to Deadly Alliance engine they could make MK GTA and I'd be like oh okay nothing new.

I agree about the bios and the endings. The sad part, though, is that even if the bios help the endings making sense, they still don't fulfill the idea of Armageddon, which was presenting the REAL fate of each character. That's kinda hard now, seeing how most endings contradict each other.

About the game engine, Ed Boon said that MK8 will use the Unreal 3 (or Unreal Tournament 3, I'm not sure) engine. I searched for this game; the game itself didn't look very interesting, but the graphics were much better than Deadly Alliance/Deception/Armageddon's. Problem is, by the time MK8 arrives, this engine will probably be already outdated...

And as for Khameleon, even though she wasn't shown in full body, some people are betting just by her face that she'll have the same outfit from Kitana in MK:Shaolin Monks (but teal instead of dark blue), with a shorter version of Sindel's hair, and Chameleon's skin tone and headband. Most of that could be done in KAK Mode, I think, but Kitana's MKSM outfit is a nice feature. Her special attacks will probably be new versions of Kitana's, Mileena's and Jade's, with two hand-to-hand styles (people are betting on Eagle Claw and Baji Quan, with Crab as a runner-up).

Now, let's wait and see how much the MK fans are right about their ideas...

ZamIAm
1604th Post

"Re(3):A clear screen of HER face..." , posted Sat 14 Apr 12:12post reply

Been away for a while. Khameleon probably will be some variant of Kitana outfit that's not currently worn by Kitana (or Mileena or Jade). The recent bios have been good. I'm starting to wonder if Shao Khan siphons off a portion of power from people who he makes proclaim the blood oath. It would be a valid reason to keep Shang Tsung around after him failures and recent betrayal. And unlike a number of other people, I actually think Shao Khan knows who killed the doppelganger and is just biding his time. Also, I'm hoping the Wii version will at least have a "final" ending of sorts, even if it has to be unlockable.

Just a Person
879th Post

"A not so clear screen of her OUTFIT" , posted Sun 15 Apr 12:10post reply

quote:
Been away for a while. Khameleon probably will be some variant of Kitana outfit that's not currently worn by Kitana (or Mileena or Jade). The recent bios have been good. I'm starting to wonder if Shao Khan siphons off a portion of power from people who he makes proclaim the blood oath. It would be a valid reason to keep Shang Tsung around after him failures and recent betrayal. And unlike a number of other people, I actually think Shao Khan knows who killed the doppelganger and is just biding his time. Also, I'm hoping the Wii version will at least have a "final" ending of sorts, even if it has to be unlockable.

Well, now thanks to totalmortalkombat.com, we have an answer! Although the screenshot isn't very clear so far.

Anyway, Khameleon's outfit seems to be a mix between Jade's alternate outfit and Tanya's MK4 outfit. That is a little disappointing to me, but that's okay. It's interesting to see that her outfit is yellow in this screenshot (although her mugshot showed her with teal colors) and she is using Tanya's fireball. So that probably means that she will be kinda like Chameleon, impersonating other female ninjas (although Tanya was never a ninja, but the only thing preventing her from being one in MK4 was the lack of a mask). Maybe she will also get moves from Frost and Li Mei, who knows...

About Shao Kahn, I'm not sure if he would know Tsung was the one who murdered his doppelganger; after all, he ran away before Tsung and Quan Chi arrived at the place, and the Edenian+Shokan forces were about to defeat him anyway. But yeah, maybe he's just waiting for the right time to deal with Tsung and Chi... then again, he should better watch out for Onaga...

A final ending? That would be amazing! Unfortunately, it doesn't seem very likely... but we can always hope...

ZamIAm
1605th Post

"Mileena" , posted Sun 22 Apr 12:12post reply

http://mkarmageddon.com/assets/bios/bio_mileena.html

hikarutilmitt
386th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(1):Mileena" , posted Mon 23 Apr 01:51post reply

quote:

As I was reading this, it occurred to me what would be nice (and expected originally for PS2 and Xbox) of Konquest mode in the Wii version: everyone has a story.

Like, instead of going through Daegon's monsterously boring Konquest, you pick someone and go through Konquest with them, following their story from maybe the end of DA or Deception, depending on the character, up through Armageddon's Daegon storyline for it. They wouldn't even need to give the stories extra voice work, just regular text.

And let it happen with the Create-a-Karacter, too, like almost everyone expected when Armageddon was first announced.

Just a Person
880th Post

"Re(2):Mileena" , posted Mon 23 Apr 03:52post reply

quote:

As I was reading this, it occurred to me what would be nice (and expected originally for PS2 and Xbox) of Konquest mode in the Wii version: everyone has a story.

Like, instead of going through Daegon's monsterously boring Konquest, you pick someone and go through Konquest with them, following their story from maybe the end of DA or Deception, depending on the character, up through Armageddon's Daegon storyline for it. They wouldn't even need to give the stories extra voice work, just regular text.

And let it happen with the Create-a-Karacter, too, like almost everyone expected when Armageddon was first announced.

That would be wicked!! I doubt the MK Team would add this, but it would be definitely wicked!

And thanks for the Mileena's bio, ZamIAm!! Great one; this shows Mileena's ambition to become queen, and it seems that unlike what most people always thought (not me, though), Mileena isn't really concerned about getting revenge on Kitana or changing her face (in fact, if she didn't like her face, I don't think she would ever date Baraka).

ZamIAm
1606th Post

"Re(3):Mileena" , posted Mon 23 Apr 11:52post reply

quote:
Great one; this shows Mileena's ambition to become queen, and it seems that unlike what most people always thought (not me, though), Mileena isn't really concerned about getting revenge on Kitana or changing her face (in fact, if she didn't like her face, I don't think she would ever date Baraka).

I think Mileena originally wanted revenge but is seeking bigger goals than Kitana directly. Same with her face; she's had endings where she specifically switches beauty/ugliness with Kitana so I think her acceptance of it is simply on outgrowth of her newfound self reliance. Concerning Baraka, I was under the impression that it was more or less him lusting after her and Mileena just tolerating it. She stabs him in the back big time in her Deception ending so I don't know if that will cause problems--perhaps lead to her downfall.

hikarutilmitt
388th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(3):Mileena" , posted Wed 25 Apr 10:55post reply

quote:
That would be wicked!! I doubt the MK Team would add this, but it would be definitely wicked!

And thanks for the Mileena's bio, ZamIAm!! Great one; this shows Mileena's ambition to become queen, and it seems that unlike what most people always thought (not me, though), Mileena isn't really concerned about getting revenge on Kitana or changing her face (in fact, if she didn't like her face, I don't think she would ever date Baraka).

Really, it seemed to me like it would have been some sort of logical extension that they might have done. considering how short some of these sequences would need to be to do what happened in the bios, it would not only be quick to program in (just event data, a fight at an event, then some short text without voices) but would be almost a better alternative than simply putting these short bios, as well as adding a good deal of replay value, since 60 characters is a LOT of story to go through for the game.

And as I said, I thought form the beginning that the KAK mode would make a character that you use to go through the Konquest mode, but it wasn't and we ended up with this boring crap on the old Deception engine instead of the Shaolin Monks engine like was assumed by almost everyone I know.

Also, I'm hoping the Wii version has more KAK parts, maybe a bit more freedom with it in general and better controls (I've always always ALWAYS had issues with the input stiffness on all of the home versions of MK, ports and original titles).

Just a Person
882th Post

"Now it's official: KHAMELEON'S CLEAR RENDER!!" , posted Fri 27 Apr 21:11:post reply

Yup, from what I read, Nintendo Power showed her render (I'd buy this magazine if it was sold here - not just for Khameleon, of course, but I like most of the game franchises from Nintendo). I wonder if the Brazilian version of it (named "Nintendo World" - that's right, the title is actually in English...) will have any news like that on MK:Armageddon...

But enough talk! Here it is!

What can I say? I loved it! Even though she's not very similar to Reptile like I expected, she looks so cool! And I'm not the only one; so far all the MK players who saw the image said only good things about it. Great job, Boon and co.!

[this message was edited by Just a Person on Sat 28 Apr 00:16]

hikarutilmitt
390th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(1):Now it's official: KHAMELEON'S CLEAR RE" , posted Sat 28 Apr 01:43post reply

quote:
But enough talk! Here it is!

Oh wow, that does look cool.

dr baghead
3646th Post

"Re(1):Now it's official: KHAMELEON'S CLEAR RE" , posted Sun 29 Apr 18:51post reply

quote:
so far all the MK players who saw the image said only good things about it. Great job, Boon and co.!

No f**king way! Are you sure?

I refuse to believe there's something all MK fans can agree upon other then "all the ninjas should have been dressed in Scorpion's MK3 costume!"

my silly little drawin's

Just a Person
882th Post

"Re(2):Now it's official: KHAMELEON'S CLEAR RE" , posted Mon 30 Apr 08:52post reply

quote:
so far all the MK players who saw the image said only good things about it. Great job, Boon and co.!

No f**king way! Are you sure?

I refuse to believe there's something all MK fans can agree upon other then "all the ninjas should have been dressed in Scorpion's MK3 costume!"

Well, I WAS sure... then, a couple of hours later, the typical MK fans bashing began, by calling her unoriginal and worse than Chameleon.

I still like her look, anyway.

Dr Baghead
3648th Post

"Re(3):Now it's official: KHAMELEON'S CLEAR RE" , posted Mon 30 Apr 14:41post reply

quote:
a couple of hours later, the typical MK fans bashing began, by calling her unoriginal and worse than Chameleon.

Well it's good to know the status quo is unchanged.

quote:
I still like her look, anyway.

I agree. also I wonder if she or Chamleon have alternate outfits or if they've both just got the one.

my silly little drawin's

Just a Person
897th Post

"Small news: IGN's Fighters of the Wiik" , posted Tue 15 May 06:21:post reply

Well, some weeks ago, IGN had announced that they would get from the MK Team five videos, each one starring one "fighter of the wiik". Basically, they remember the bio cards in the premium version of MK:A (they weren't really bios, just showed some background about the character), but showing in the end how to perform their special moves with the Wiimote.

That made most MK followers happy, expecting the five characters from these videos would be the four ones who didn't get a bio card before (Daegon, Meat, Chameleon and Noob Saibot), and Wii's exclusive character Khameleon. However, for some odd reason, Chameleon and Noob were left out, with Taven and Blaze getting two of the five "Fighter of the Wiik" videos.

Nevertheless, here's the link for them. Not much new, but we finally see Khameleon in action (and although her specials are borrowed from the three old-time female ninjas + Tanya, she seems to be great), and the videos are quite nice.

Oh, and BTW, the game was delayed to the end of May. Let's hope this delay is for a good cause...

[this message was edited by Just a Person on Tue 15 May 06:44]

Just a Person
899th Post

"Game's out (plus new bio... finally!)" , posted Wed 30 May 05:37:post reply

As you may know, the Wii version of MK:A was officially released today. Some people, as well as reviewers, got it even before today. So, I managed to see some impressions on sites and forums:

1) In terms of graphic, music, etc., it seems to be just like it was in PS2 and Xbox. No big changes.

2) As you know, Khameleon was added to the roster. She has Eagle Claw as her fighting stance, Falchion as her weapon stance (seems to work like Ashrah's weapon stance), and quite a bizarre ending. Now the select screen has just one KAK icon, but it doesn't change anything: both players can access their KAK characters by this icon.

3) Some other news include the "Wake-Up" move (character falls, avoiding projectiles or high moves), the Endurance Mode (an improved survival mode), and the Wii Remote Training Mode, which teaches the players how to use the Wiimote from selecting characters and game modes to regular and special attacks.

4) A nice addition is that there are many special backgrounds to the menu screens. They usually involve the face of one character in the front and a rival character (shown in full body) in the background. Ex.: Sonya/Kano, Goro/Cage, Liu Kang/Tsung, Kitana/Mileena, Sindel/Shao Kahn, Raiden/Shinnok and Sektor/Cyrax. The two last ones are totally new, as far as I know.

5) Plus, it seems that Midway fixed the problem of always facing the same characters and fighting in the same arenas in Arcade Mode.

But, as you know, these are just minor updates. And since the game was released many months after the PS2/Xbox version, and with NO online play, it got minor grades than the ones given to the PS2 and Xbox versions, so far. But if you don't care about online play and/or have never played MK:A before, it seems like a great option. And about the Wiimote, the opinions seem to be mixed so far: some people complain the controls are complicated and unresponsive with it, sticking to the GC controller or the Wii Classic Controller; while some other people say it's easy to get used to it and that the controls feel more simple and natural.

---

Oh, and after weeks and weeks without any bio released, finally we got a new one. And quite an unexpected one, by the way: it's Khameleon's bio! It's nice, and explains why she hasn't been seen since MKT, and also why Reptile is still sided with Shao Kahn (it seems Reptile isn't exactly the most intelligent of the Raptors...). But it doesn't explain Chameleon's existance, when it's almost clear that he's also from the same race.

Nevertheless, it's a bio. Now, let's hope the next one doesn't take so long to be released...

[this message was edited by Just a Person on Wed 30 May 08:41]

ZamIAm
1610th Post

"Re(1):Game's out (plus new bio... finally!)" , posted Thu 7 Jun 08:25post reply

quote:
Some other news include the "Wake-Up" move (character falls, avoiding projectiles or high moves)

Has anyone heard whether or not this has affected gameplay on a tournament level/higher level play? Also, I know that there are no in game bios, but as anyone beat the game with every character yet?

Ishmael
2842th Post

"Re(2):Game's out (plus new bio... finally!)" , posted Thu 7 Jun 22:29post reply

quote:

Has anyone heard whether or not this has affected gameplay on a tournament level/higher level play? Also, I know that there are no in game bios, but as anyone beat the game with every character yet?

Is there a tournament scene for the game? I'm not trying to be a smart aleck here, I genuinely thought that MK had carved out a path for itself that didn't involve tourney style play.

ZamIAm
1621th Post

"Whoa" , posted Thu 28 Jun 06:42post reply

http://www.mkarmageddon.com/charBio.html?charName=nitara

Perhaps the best so far. The connection to Ashrah is cool but I hope it doesn't oversimplify her quest for purity.

Just a Person
921th Post

"Re(1):Whoa" , posted Thu 28 Jun 21:19post reply

quote:
http://www.mkarmageddon.com/charBio.html?charName=nitara

Perhaps the best so far. The connection to Ashrah is cool but I hope it doesn't oversimplify her quest for purity.

Wow... a new bio!!
And it only took... what? Three or four weeks?

Seriously, this bio is great, and it makes the storylines of both Nitara and Ashrah much deeper and closer from each other. But I don't see why is Midway taking so long to release the bios now. It's not that hard to write a text like that...

GekigangerV
1368th Post

"Ultimate MK3 for DS with online play" , posted Fri 29 Jun 04:47post reply

Link Here

It appears that is will also have puzzle combat as well. I don't remember UMK3 too much, but I may pick this up if the price is right.

Dr Baghead
3665th Post

"Re(1):Ultimate MK3 for DS with online play" , posted Sat 30 Jun 09:58post reply

quote:
Link Here

It appears that is will also have puzzle combat as well. I don't remember UMK3 too much, but I may pick this up if the price is right.

Two things:
-Why did you link to that article when the real story was in the IGN article they link to in their article?

-Why UMK3? I'm glad it's not "Super Nintendo UMK3" to be sure and good for them for trying to make it 'arcade perfect' and all, but it's not like MK fans have ever longed for 'arcade perfection' all they want is a metric shit ton of ninjas and fatalities. If they wanted to give 'the fans' what they want while releasing a new version of MK3 why not combine the two verions of MK Triology (you know the PSX version roaster but with Khamleon and Shao Khan and Motaro's fatalities as well) that'd be good enough for 99% of them as long as wasn't horribly buggy.

I also like it's still Puzzle Kombat from MK Deception, not even bothering to redo the characters in UMK3 style (which I guess would be dressing toddlers up Babality style and digitizing them... which would actually be awesome as shit!) so it's has NOTHING to offer unless you really must play Puzzle Kombat on wifi which I don't think ANYONE was clammering for.

my silly little drawin's

Just a Person
925th Post

"Re(2):Ultimate MK3 for DS with online play" , posted Sat 30 Jun 12:31post reply

quote:
Why UMK3? I'm glad it's not "Super Nintendo UMK3" to be sure and good for them for trying to make it 'arcade perfect' and all, but it's not like MK fans have ever longed for 'arcade perfection' all they want is a metric shit ton of ninjas and fatalities. If they wanted to give 'the fans' what they want while releasing a new version of MK3 why not combine the two verions of MK Triology (you know the PSX version roster but with Khameleon and Shao Khan and Motaro's fatalities as well) that'd be good enough for 99% of them as long as wasn't horribly buggy.

I also like it's still Puzzle Kombat from MK Deception, not even bothering to redo the characters in UMK3 style (which I guess would be dressing toddlers up Babality style and digitizing them... which would actually be awesome as shit!) so it's has NOTHING to offer unless you really must play Puzzle Kombat on wifi which I don't think ANYONE was clammering for.

Yeah, that's exactly what I was expecting. Some kind of merging between the PSX and N64 versions of MK Trilogy, with all the characters, stages, music, fatalities (Scorpion also had a third fatality on the N64, didn't he?), etc. Sure, it sounds ambitious, but both versions are already done... how difficult can it be to mix them into one perfect version?

Plus, UMK3 is already in the Xbox Live, and as a bonus game in the Premium Edition of MKA for the PS2. Really, what's the point of re-releasing it now for the DS? It's almost like if Midway really wants to have very low game sales on Nintendo consoles...

dr baghead
3667th Post

"Re(3):Ultimate MK3 for DS with online play" , posted Sun 1 Jul 23:16post reply

quote:
Yeah, that's exactly what I was expecting. Some kind of merging between the PSX and N64 versions of MK Trilogy, with all the characters, stages, music, fatalities (Scorpion also had a third fatality on the N64, didn't he?), etc. Sure, it sounds ambitious, but both versions are already done... how difficult can it be to mix them into one perfect version?

Maybe that will be there "MKDS 2!!!" in a year or two, everyone knows Nintendo portables are a dumping ground for quickly made sequels so they can release UMK3 w/ puzzle fighter now and then in a few years release MKT (probably a straight port of the N64 version, since N64=DS with no effort) w/Mortal Kart or something and BOOM! Another $30 they can ask for!

quote:
Plus, UMK3 is already in the Xbox Live, and as a bonus game in the Premium Edition of MKA for the PS2. Really, what's the point of re-releasing it now for the DS? It's almost like if Midway really wants to have very low game sales on Nintendo consoles...

It's like when Nintendo did those "Nintendo Classics" for the GameBoy Advanced. Most of them were included for free in another game or a $5 e-card reader (or with Mario 1/Lost Levels avalible in a far superior 'two-for-one with lots of extra goodies' GB Color cart instead of the inferior '$20 a piece no frills' 2 GBA carts)... I don't own a Wii yet but I'd even bet most if not all of them are already for sale for $5 in the virtural console, aren't they?

The main advantage those have over "UMK3DS" in asking full price for a previously cheap game is they have a nostalga factor that over comes the fact they were $0-$5 elsewhere. Someone who hasn't played a videogame since 1987 is going to buy it for the warm fuzzy feeling Samus or Link or Mario brings them.... if they want to do a 'game you already own but we're selling for $20' thing, MK1 or MK2 (or a 2-pack) would have been better since those offer the same 'warm fuzzy' an old NES game does to people who don't know you can download games legally onto a 360 or know WarioWarez has a hidden near complete version of Dr.Mario.

....although if terirble Midway/Atari games are being re-released onto the DS, I'd love to get Primal Rage someday. Even with no new features I'd really like to play that again.

my silly little drawin's

Just a Person
957th Post

"After two months waiting..." , posted Tue 28 Aug 03:42post reply

...finally Midway decided to release Ashrah's bio.

Not a bad bio, really, but not one of the best ones, either. Plus, it doesn't add anything new, since we've already seen all about it on Nitara's bio. The only point of curiosity is: who are the "celestial beings" that talked to Ashrah and convinced her to slay the vampires?? I mean, even if all the vampires are evil beings (and at least Nitara seems to be quite neutral), it doesn't seem like a celestial request to make her slay living beings...

But damn, two months for just ONE bio... if Midway is taking all this time to write the bios, I hope at least the next one is about someone who has been missing for a long time, like Kintaro, Motaro, Reiko, Kai, Sheeva or Chameleon. Since most of Taven's and Daegon's story is revealed in the game, their bios should be the last ones to be made...