Question about amazon.co.jp - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (3546 Views )

EddyT
466th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Gold Customer

"Question about amazon.co.jp" , posted Fri 8 Apr 23:07post reply

Is it possible for me to order a book from amazon.co.jp if I live in the US? If so, how can I do that? Thanks for any help.

Replies:

Digitalboy
164th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):Question about amazon.co.jp" , posted Fri 8 Apr 23:37post reply

quote:
Is it possible for me to order a book from amazon.co.jp if I live in the US? If so, how can I do that? Thanks for any help.

Yes you can. I bought my KOF Fighting Evolution 10th Anniversary mook and several other mooks from there (after not receiving my order from TokyoCentral.com...bastards).

When you register, just like any registry, you have to input your address. Normally it will ask for a Japanese address. But look around on the same Address registry page for "international orders" or something like that. After that, you are ready to order.

It's been a while since I have registered so if something goes wrong, I tried to remember the best I could.

VManOfMana
598th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(1):Question about amazon.co.jp" , posted Sat 9 Apr 00:21post reply

The only thing you cannot order is software or adult material.

When clicking to add an item to cart, look for a link that says "show this in English" or something like that. From that point, registration and checkout is simple.

When ordering, use the regular, economical shipping. It is WAY cheaper than express (EMS) and it will only take between one and two weeks.

Jabel D. Morales - VMan of Mana.
http://vman.animecafe.net/

"Tameraeba makeyo!"

EddyT
470th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(2):Question about amazon.co.jp" , posted Mon 11 Apr 01:05post reply

Actually, I was trying to see if I could get the KOF 10th anniversary book as well. They still sell it, correct?

Thanks for the help.

Digitalboy
166th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):Question about amazon.co.jp" , posted Mon 11 Apr 03:50post reply

quote:
Actually, I was trying to see if I could get the KOF 10th anniversary book as well. They still sell it, correct?

Thanks for the help.

I just now checked and they still have it for sale. Now buy it and vote for Tonko in this thread!

DarkZero
1195th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(4):Question about amazon.co.jp" , posted Mon 11 Apr 05:19post reply

Can anyone tell me on what the shipping costs to the US are on normal items like CDs, books, toys, etc.?

Pollyanna
1000th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(5):Question about amazon.co.jp" , posted Mon 11 Apr 05:57post reply

Shipping costs are pretty high. it's $12 flat, then a $3 handling charge for every book. So, you get a better value if you don't buy cheap stuff (or buy a lot). It's the best way to get some stuff and the only way to get others.

VManOfMana
600th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(5):Question about amazon.co.jp" , posted Mon 11 Apr 09:00:post reply

quote:
Can anyone tell me on what the shipping costs to the US are on normal items like CDs, books, toys, etc.?

It really depends on how much you order. But generally, books or anything printed will be a lot more expensive since it is heavier.

When I ordered the first AIR DVD shipping was 900 yen using economical shipping. After adding the Radiance limited DVD (which also includes a DVD - and therefore heavier than a regular CD) the shipping cost went to 1200 yen.

You can always check how much shipping will be before placing your orders. Fill your shopping cart, go thru the checkout procedure, and they will give you the whole information including shipping cost. You can always not comfirm the order at that stage, so it won't be charged to your card.

Jabel D. Morales - VMan of Mana.
http://vman.animecafe.net/

"Tameraeba makeyo!"

[this message was edited by VManOfMana on Mon 11 Apr 09:02]