Snes Station on Ps2 - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (5033 Views )

bootation
589th Post

user profileedit/delete message

New Red Carpet Member

"Snes Station on Ps2" , posted Mon 29 Mar 00:40post reply

Has anyone played snes station? I use mcboot and it lets me run off ps2 fat hard drive. I also got Pgen working and a nes and a gameboy emulator working.

Has anyone else had experience with this? It extends the life of old my ps2 quite alot. I bypass my dvd drive completely and saves the laser. ulaunchelf doesnt boot snes station all the time tho.

Also simple media system (SMS) is fantastic i hooked up my external hard drive to my ps2 and i watch movies and mp3s on it.

Anyone have any recomendations of good .ELF files?

Click this webpage

also chek out http://myspace.com/atomiswave2

Replies:

Toxico
4915th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Snes Station on Ps2" , posted Mon 29 Mar 02:20post reply

I don't know much about it, but I do know that there are some memory card issues that are extremely rare between some titles (one of my friends had his Tekken 5 save corrupted something like 8 times in 4 years due to the snes station save (dunno what version). He didn't have problems with other games, but he didn't have that many games to begin with. I advised him to get a cheap alternative memory card to get his snes station saves there and backing up other important saves away from that memory card from time to time and there it weren't any signs of further problems.

Playing the NES Lupin game is quite priceless.

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・
Update 21 as of 29/01/10 (Temporary mega upload link).

Now sponsoring : video game analogies (ES)
Last update : Chapter 15 as of 21/01/10

hikarutilmitt
541th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(1):Snes Station on Ps2" , posted Tue 30 Mar 06:04:post reply

quote:
Has anyone played snes station? I use mcboot and it lets me run off ps2 fat hard drive. I also got Pgen working and a nes and a gameboy emulator working.

Has anyone else had experience with this? It extends the life of old my ps2 quite alot. I bypass my dvd drive completely and saves the laser. ulaunchelf doesnt boot snes station all the time tho.

Also simple media system (SMS) is fantastic i hooked up my external hard drive to my ps2 and i watch movies and mp3s on it.

The only emulator on PS2 I ever really bothered messing with was PGen because the SNES emulation wasn't what I could consider playable.

As far as other ELF files, I did use DMS HDD Formatting Tool to make a smallish (128MB) partition on my PS2's HDD that allows me to save all of my ELF files except ulaunchelf (which is required to be able to access these in the first place) to the partition, freeing up precious memory card space and allowing me to freely move crap around.

I also use GS Mode Selector to force pretty much any game to run 480p or even 720p and 1080i (which tend to not work well) so that 2D games don't look as awful on my HDTV. KoFXI is playable again!

[this message was edited by hikarutilmitt on Tue 30 Mar 06:04]

bootation
590th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(2):Snes Station on Ps2" , posted Wed 31 Mar 18:01post reply

quote:

The only emulator on PS2 I ever really bothered messing with was PGen because the SNES emulation wasn't what I could consider playable.

As far as other ELF files, I did use DMS HDD Formatting Tool to make a smallish (128MB) partition on my PS2's HDD that allows me to save all of my ELF files except ulaunchelf (which is required to be able to access these in the first place) to the partition, freeing up precious memory card space and allowing me to freely move crap around.

I also use GS Mode Selector to force pretty much any game to run 480p or even 720p and 1080i (which tend to not work well) so that 2D games don't look as awful on my HDTV. KoFXI is playable again!

I tried GS mode selector and i didnt know how to exit back to the main screen. Do you component cables on your ps2?

Click this webpage

also chek out http://myspace.com/atomiswave2

hikarutilmitt
541th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(3):Snes Station on Ps2" , posted Thu 1 Apr 11:08post reply

quote:

I tried GS mode selector and i didnt know how to exit back to the main screen. Do you component cables on your ps2?

Yeah, I cannot use it without them, everything looks ass when I use anything else.

You should be able to hold Start (or was it select) to change what the option at the bottom goes to when you hit Start (or Select) and down. It's weird to use at first.