Infinite Space - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1391 Views )

sfried
503th Post

user profileedit/delete message

New Red Carpet Member

"Infinite Space" , posted Tue 23 Mar 11:20post reply

I've heard plenty of good things about this game. I ready to pick up Strange Journey tomorrow, but I feel bad I can't take part in Platinum Game's space battleship building game that I've been eagerly anticipating.

Anybody else pick this up, though? March is driving my crazy/broke.

Replies:

KTallguy
1192th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(1):Infinite Space" , posted Tue 23 Mar 11:28post reply

I am thinking about grabbing this as well.
Most of the impressions I've heard are very positive, and there is lots of ship/crew customization to be had.

There are some tutorials online too:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-HsbrYGkpE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKcvEwHiHOE

Play to win... or to have fun too! :)

Grave
1315th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(1):Infinite Space" , posted Tue 23 Mar 13:14post reply

I'm really curious too! I have a lot of other games to be playing right now though, and Sega kinda pissed me off with the whole Yakuza 3 thing so I'll get to it when I get to it.

The setting really interests me though! I can't think of many space JRPGs... at least, ones from past generations when I might have actually played them. Am I missing something obvious?

Maou
1969th Post

Gold Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(2):Infinite Space" , posted Tue 23 Mar 17:30:post reply

quote:
The setting really interests me though! I can't think of many space JRPGs... at least, ones from past generations when I might have actually played them. Am I missing something obvious?

Yes! MOK-KOS says: miserable human, how could you forget about the rapturous pain that is Xenosaga?** Prepare to perish!

And to some degree, Phantasy Star I, II, and IV. Come to think of it, Lunar takes place on a terraformed moon in the shadow of an Earth-like planet, and Lunar 2 features interplanetary travel, if only briefly... So not really, but it is in the background. Oh, and cringe-inducing though it is, there's always (barf) Star Ocean.

**Note: I still think the original Xenogears is the greatest failure or the worst masterpiece of an RPG ever made. I simultaneously love it while never wanting to see it ever again. But that's not space, strictly speaking. Anyway.

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

[this message was edited by Maou on Tue 23 Mar 17:34]

Mosquiton
1752th Post

Silver Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(2):Infinite Space" , posted Wed 24 Mar 16:11post reply

quote:
I'm really curious too! I have a lot of other games to be playing right now though, and Sega kinda pissed me off with the whole Yakuza 3 thing so I'll get to it when I get to it.

I keep finding games these days and thinking, "I would have really enjoyed this at a certain point in my life." Which is an annoying thought to have.

The other game I had the same thought about was Resonance of Fate. I have determine though that the battle system, while cool, would have gotten old for me. Like Valkyrie Profile 2. Sigh.

At least I still enjoy Street Fighter.

/ / /