Replies:

Toxico
4889th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):NEOWAVE VS. 2002 Ulitimate Match" , posted Tue 16 Mar 02:13post reply

My feelings on this topic

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・
Update 21 as of 29/01/10 (Temporary mega upload link).

Now sponsoring : video game analogies (ES)
Last update : Chapter 15 as of 21/01/10

mbisonhatclub
139th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):NEOWAVE VS. 2002 Ulitimate Match" , posted Tue 16 Mar 08:00post reply

quote:
Which is better? Poll

Both are based off of the same game
............pretty much.......

Is this a serious question? KOF2K2UM hands down. The only reason anyone could like vanilla KOF2K2 is for that Tetsuo rip-off hommage or whatever you want to call him.

But if they were to rip-off an anime character, I would have rather they ripped off someone manlier like this guy

join the m.bison hat club today
i'm not just the president i'm also a client

Count Hihihi
225th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(2):NEOWAVE VS. 2002 Ulitimate Match" , posted Tue 16 Mar 08:53post reply

I demand to know who voted for neowave. Reveal yourself.

Kotaku Ono and the Fanboy spirit.

Grave
1311th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(3):NEOWAVE VS. 2002 Ulitimate Match" , posted Tue 16 Mar 09:06post reply

quote:
I demand to know who voted for neowave. Reveal yourself.

TWO OF THEM! And to think I felt safe in this community until now. Who knows what other dark secrets our posters could be hiding? Simply disgusting.

Pollyanna
2886th Post

"Re(4):NEOWAVE VS. 2002 Ulitimate Match" , posted Tue 16 Mar 10:11post reply

I don't think Neowave deserves the immense amount of hatred it seems to get, but choosing it over 02UM? That's just SICK.

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

Loona
304th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(1):NEOWAVE VS. 2002 Ulitimate Match" , posted Tue 16 Mar 19:42post reply

I didn't vote since I didn't try all of those yet, bu I must say I at least like having the option of a mode with Just Defend and no roll in a KoF, soI can't possibly discard Neowave. Had UM provided the option the vote would have been easier.

"Beat the machine that works in your head!" - Guano Apes "Open Your Eyes"

Toxico
4892th Post

"Re(2):NEOWAVE VS. 2002 Ulitimate Match" , posted Tue 16 Mar 20:32:post reply

quote:
I must say I at least like having the option of a mode with Just Defend and no roll in a KoF, soI can't possibly discard Neowave. Had UM provided the option the vote would have been easier.

Well, let's just start by saying that original Neo wave took out Angel and May Lee, and from and adept perspective they are great characters that incredibly fun once gotten into, and who's game play could not be replaced just with a sorry. Oh, and the "new adds" to the game (like Saishu or Jhun) weren't even coherent with the rest of the cast (they had more life, damage was messed up and things like those).

... Now, let's Just defend was so stupidly good and easy to do that was completely game breaking. Having a strong grappler (like, let's say, Vice) in just defend mode was totally completely outrageous since grabs have such strong invincibility and range. Also, when just defending you are not pushed back, so that alone can make the matter much worst, let's not even touch the fact that your guard can't be broken if you just defend.... Basically by practicing just defend.... for a day or so, you could destroy strategies and gameplay that "indept" players took years to create and muster. It was strikers all over again.

MAX2 mode didn't had roll, but had auto charge and had a very huge damage bonus boost; so most players would center their strategies on poke you from long distance, do a CD guard break here and there, and then run away to repeat the process (がんばって, チョイ くん!). So all in all, the only mode that was not ubber rubbish was the Super cancel mode, and it was nothing but a crippled '02 max mode groove (and still had a bunch of 100%, or near 100% damage combos).

That, along with the fact that Neo wave have more and bigger slowdowns that the original MVS '02 gave part to quite an amazing game, must I say! The only merit that neowave had, was that the ps2 version was less buggy and choppy than the ps2 '02 ports of the time; so most of us fans where sadly forced to play it (it was a conspiracy!). I'm not saying that '02 is a perfect game or all, but if they are doing a "review" of the game, another version, we are supposed to expect improvements. Neo wave Not only added new nightmare match ups to the mix (playable Geese or Saishu), but also didn't really took down anything from the god tiers of the original '02 game, nor added something valuable, good to the harder to use characters. With all said and done, it's hard to understand what was the point of the game, so hard that it's better to think that the game didn't have a point or a purpose at all.

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・
Update 21 as of 29/01/10 (Temporary mega upload link).

Now sponsoring : video game analogies (ES)
Last update : Chapter 15 as of 21/01/10

[this message was edited by Toxico on Tue 16 Mar 20:39]

Loona
305th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(3):NEOWAVE VS. 2002 Ulitimate Match" , posted Tue 16 Mar 23:45post reply

quote:

Well, let's just start by saying that original Neo wave took out Angel and May Lee, and from and adept perspective they are great characters that incredibly fun once gotten into, and who's game play could not be replaced just with a sorry.

They were fortunately unlockable in the home versions though.
Neowave could have come up with a more reasonable MAX2 for Saishyuu though.

"Beat the machine that works in your head!" - Guano Apes "Open Your Eyes"