Toxico - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1869 Views )

ONSLAUGHT
3872th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Toxico" , posted Sun 28 Feb 06:41post reply

¿Estas bien? Estuvo muy feo el terremoto que sufrieron, me recordo al que tuvimos en la Ciudad de Mexico en el '85.

Ojala tu y los tuyos se encuentren bien, haznos saber como estan las cosas por alla.

Replies:

Ishmael
3702th Post

"Re(1):Toxico" , posted Sun 28 Feb 07:15post reply

How are the cafe patrons doing after that jolt? Not only are the people who were near the earthquake okay but are the folks who have to deal with the fallout getting by? Isn't Digitalboy living on Oahu now? I have a number of friends out there on the islands who are probably running for higher ground right now so I hope he's not among them. Stay safe everyone.

Tai-Pan
425th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):Toxico" , posted Sun 28 Feb 07:23post reply

quote:
¿Estas bien? Estuvo muy feo el terremoto que sufrieron, me recordo al que tuvimos en la Ciudad de Mexico en el '85.

Ojala tu y los tuyos se encuentren bien, haznos saber como estan las cosas por alla.

El vive en Chile? mi familia vive en Argentina al otro lado de la cordillera de los Andes. Estan todos bien por suerte.

"Those who follow the path of a warrior must be ready to die in order to stand for one's convictions live for one's convictions die for one's convictions"

Toxico
4870th Post

"Re(1):Toxico" , posted Sun 28 Feb 07:26:post reply

In my zone the shake was for about 6.x in strenght. It was 8.x in some zones, and it seems that tsunamis have swallowed up some towns (again).

Chile is actually quite prone to big quakes like these, and this is also the second big scale quake that I have lived through (but at least for this one I didn't have to spend the night sleeping in pijamas outside an hospital). That means that there are more or less good measures against quakes, and most buildings can withstand things without falling down.

Damage wise, I haven't seen any big disaster outside small fires within my vicinity, but it seems that there are parts of the city that had it worse : we are following emergency procedures, where electricity and phone lines where cut off (to keep loose cables from killing people), and things like these. And in all, it wasn't that bad for me.

Also, Ironically speaking, I was watching Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 while it happened (it was conspiracy!).

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・
Update 21 as of 29/01/10 (Temporary mega upload link).

Now sponsoring : video game analogies (ES)
Last update : Chapter 15 as of 21/01/10

[this message was edited by Toxico on Sun 28 Feb 07:28]

Hagen de Merak
1054th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(2):Toxico" , posted Sun 28 Feb 07:26post reply

quote:

El vive en Chile? mi familia vive en Argentina al otro lado de la cordillera de los Andes. Estan todos bien por suerte.

No se porque, pero pensé que eras del oriente jaja.

ONSLAUGHT
3873th Post

"Re(2):Toxico" , posted Sun 28 Feb 07:32post reply

quote:
And in all, it wasn't that bad for me.

And Papa Mono lives to fight another day!
Seriously, I'm glad you're ok, I know firsthand how traumatic a huge earthquake can be, specially if you're in the middle of demolished buildings and corpses lying around...

Who else is from Chile? Karasu I think?

There was an alarm around here, about a possible Tsunami hitting my town, it worries me because I live practically in front of the Pacific.

Hagen de Merak
1055th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(3):Toxico" , posted Sun 28 Feb 07:38post reply

quote:
And in all, it wasn't that bad for me.

And Papa Mono lives to fight another day!
Seriously, I'm glad you're ok, I know firsthand how traumatic a huge earthquake can be, specially if you're in the middle of demolished buildings and corpses lying around...

There was an alarm around here, about a possible Tsunami hitting my town, it worries me because I live practically in front of the Pacific.

Get out while you can.

Toxico
4870th Post

"Re(3):Toxico" , posted Sun 28 Feb 08:52post reply

quote:

I was reading that there it was a Tsunami due to a Haiti quake some time ago, this one should be slightly smaller than it, so whatever you did there should work just fine.

Also, I live next to boarding houses and it was almost funny seeing foreign tourist running away for their lives, rushing to the airport just to find that the airport tracks have been ruined.

I was reading that Hiroshima bomb was more or less 5.7 strength wise in the Richter scale measure.

Oh, and of course, if the saying was "good guy goes (dies) first", them I'm practically immortal.

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・

ONSLAUGHT
3874th Post

"Re(4):Toxico" , posted Sun 28 Feb 09:30post reply

quote:

Oh, and of course, if the saying was "good guy goes (dies) first", them I'm practically immortal.

Remember that "Hierba mala nunca muere"

Digitalboy
680th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(5):Toxico" , posted Sun 28 Feb 12:29post reply

Yes, yes he is. The worst part I live within a couple miles of the beach which means I live in the low elevation area. A couple of hours after I posted the message to IronD in the anime thread, I received a phone call about the tsunami. Within the hours of posting the message and receiving the call, I had a couple of shots of cognac and four beers in me. My employer tried to call me into work, they were upset that I was drinking before a crisis. HA! Fuck them and their horse.

Thanks for anyone's and everyone's concern about South America and the Pacific.
quote:

Isn't Digitalboy living on Oahu now?

I don't know how to live
But I've got alot of toys...

karasu99
300th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(3):Toxico" , posted Sun 28 Feb 14:13post reply

quote:

Nah, I'm in the US.

Very glad to hear that everyone is well.

Iron D
3384th Post

"Re(4):Toxico" , posted Sun 28 Feb 18:47post reply

Yeah, I'm definitely glad to hear that everyone is okay. Also, that Toxico can maintain his unique brand of humor even during a crisis.

Er.....

Iggy
9074th Post

"Re(5):Toxico" , posted Mon 1 Mar 01:44post reply

I arrive after the battle, but I'm glad to hear that everyone is OK AND that I learned about the earthquake while reading you were OK, so I didn't waste energy worrying for you bunch of useless drama queens. Next time try to be a little more interesting, please.

Also, I hope your family and friends aren't too badly hurt, and that you didn't lose anything precious or drinkable in the process.

Toxico
4874th Post

"Re(6):Toxico" , posted Mon 1 Mar 04:35post reply

quote:
....that I learned about the earthquake while reading you were OK, so I didn't waste energy worrying for you bunch of useless drama queens. Next time try to be a little more interesting, please.

Thank you for destroying my mental image of yourself having joined a "Tsunami, please sink England" movement, where you were doing strange ritual dances from a safe distance.

My biggest personal tragedy was that for about 600 coins valued in about 10$ were knocked down, and it seems that they would take several generations of family members looking to be completely found.

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・

The Droogo
309th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(3):Toxico" , posted Fri 26 Mar 00:46post reply

quote:

I'm from Chile and I died in the earthquake.

O ra o ra!
H.Y.A.L.M.A.R.I.

Tai-Pan
444th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(4):Toxico" , posted Fri 26 Mar 01:10post reply

quote:

I'm from Chile and I died in the earthquake.

If so, can you tell my grandma that I love her?
Thanks

"Those who follow the path of a warrior must be ready to die in order to stand for one's convictions live for one's convictions die for one's convictions"

The Droogo
310th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(5):Toxico" , posted Fri 26 Mar 01:28post reply

quote:

If so, can you tell my grandma that I love her?
Thanks

I'm in the waiting line... wait I'm gonna ask...mmm...ok!!!
Death told that she already resurrected. So try and find her in the world. You may recognize her if you bring some familiar objects so she can remember her past life !!!

O ra o ra!
H.Y.A.L.M.A.R.I.