Tatsunoko v Capcom Question - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1420 Views )

Burning Ranger
1634th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Tatsunoko v Capcom Question" , posted Mon 1 Feb 03:13post reply

I have a question about the recent TvC release: What happened to all of the character specific BGMs? I thought the arcade version of the game played a particular character's music in game, and then switched when one was defeated. In the Wii release, we have stage BGMs, not characters. Or am I missing something?

Also, English version of Roll's theme...not bad, but why is it there?!?

So much to do so little time...

Replies:

JJWE
579th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(1):Tatsunoko v Capcom Question" , posted Mon 1 Feb 05:54:post reply

quote:
I have a question about the recent TvC release: What happened to all of the character specific BGMs? I thought the arcade version of the game played a particular character's music in game, and then switched when one was defeated. In the Wii release, we have stage BGMs, not characters. Or am I missing something?

Licensing issues, I believe. Same reason they removed the small animated clips from each character's ending (I think?).

edit: Actually, when it comes to the cinematics, they might've been too lazy to sub them/make more for the new characters, I don't know.

--- http://ngmc.retrogames.com

[this message was edited by JJWE on Mon 1 Feb 05:56]

Maou
1904th Post

Gold Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(2):Tatsunoko v Capcom Question" , posted Mon 1 Feb 06:35post reply

Try the random thread below. I don't like random threads since too many conversations get missed, but people were talking about the secret there...it wasn't liscensing, it seems.

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

sfried
473th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):Tatsunoko v Capcom Question" , posted Mon 1 Feb 09:44post reply

quote:

Some of the Character specific BGMs are unlocks, and apparently the original intro too.

Grave
1294th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(2):Tatsunoko v Capcom Question" , posted Mon 1 Feb 11:20post reply

So they're on the disc... but not in gameplay? This actually makes me even more irritated!

sfried
474th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(3):Tatsunoko v Capcom Question" , posted Mon 1 Feb 11:31post reply

quote:
So they're on the disc... but not in gameplay? This actually makes me even more irritated!

I think once you unlock you can use them on the stage.