Upcoming Games - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (2288 Views )

Ishmael
3671th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Upcoming Games" , posted Wed 27 Jan 23:49post reply

It seems every game ever made is coming out over the next few months so it's getting a bit hard to keep track of what is going on. This thread is mostly here to help me clear up some of my own confusion.

Has anyone tried the Sega/Platnium game Infinite Space? It looks like it could be cool but it also looks like it could turn into endless sub-menus filled with walls of text.

While this game isn't on my radar, I am a bit surprised at the special edition of Record of Agarest War that is somehow coming out in the US. I suppose it was inevitable that this aspect of fandom would eventually make it out of Japan.

Replies:

Mokona
479th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):Upcoming Games" , posted Thu 28 Jan 07:48post reply

quote:
While this game isn't on my radar, I am a bit surprised at the special edition of Record of Agarest War that is somehow coming out in the US. I suppose it was inevitable that this aspect of fandom would eventually make it out of Japan.

I don't know in Japan, but I can already picture some really awkward moments when North American kids go to pick up their pre-orders for this Special Edition... eheh!

I am personaly waiting for Heavy Rain the most. Thankfully, I have the great great Demon's Souls to entertain me while I wait (man, this game is pure gold).

Blah!

Badoor
104th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):Upcoming Games" , posted Thu 28 Jan 11:54post reply

Shiren the wanderer for wii, no more heroes 2, and Ace Attorney investigations are my february go to games. Heavy Rain is looking good too but I think I'll wait for the initial reception to see whether I should buy it or not.

Ishmael
3672th Post

"Re(3):Upcoming Games" , posted Fri 29 Jan 04:32post reply

I'm interested in Heavy Rain as well but it keeps slipping my mind. Perhaps the reason is because the game isn't a typical console game so I can't put it in a mental folder with other games? Or is it because I can't shake the feeling that Heavy Rain is going to go down the Shenmue route of being a cult hit that leaves most players cold?

Odds are I won't be able to answer that question for myself for awhile since I know Yakuza 3 is going to take precedence over playing Heavy Rain. Yakuza 3 will probably take precedence over most things in my life.

Freeter
4498th Post

"Re(4):Upcoming Games" , posted Fri 29 Jan 04:44post reply

quote:
I can't shake the feeling that Heavy Rain is going to go down the Shenmue route of being a cult hit that leaves most players cold

It'll certainly hit the bargain bin real fast due to its non-replayable QTEs. Probably worth a rental, at best.

oroch
1088th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"HEAVY RAIN" , posted Fri 29 Jan 10:55:post reply

heavy rain is the only thing giving me a hardon right now

i also liked fahrenheit/indigo prophecy before it went all weird in the end

i expect quantic dream to have fixed the problems with f/ip with this upcoming game

multiplayer wise bad company 2 will be fun, the destructible environments have ruined normal fps's for me :(

[this message was edited by oroch on Fri 29 Jan 10:58]

Oroch
1088th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(5):Upcoming Games" , posted Fri 29 Jan 10:59post reply

quote:
I can't shake the feeling that Heavy Rain is going to go down the Shenmue route of being a cult hit that leaves most players cold

It'll certainly hit the bargain bin real fast due to its non-replayable QTEs. Probably worth a rental, at best.

the thing keeping it going though, is the multiple characters(different stories/endings), atleast that's what i've gleaned from what info is out on the net.

Maou
1903th Post

Gold Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(4):Upcoming Games" , posted Fri 29 Jan 14:12post reply

quote:
the Shenmue route of being a cult hit that leaves most players cold?

! That was only because they HAD NO SOULS. Or because they played it in English. One of the two.

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

Gojira
2575th Post

"Re(5):Upcoming Games" , posted Fri 29 Jan 14:43post reply

quote:
the Shenmue route of being a cult hit that leaves most players cold?
! That was only because they HAD NO SOULS. Or because they played it in English. One of the two.

Ryo understands

shipoopi

Grave
1292th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"ENGLISH SHENMUE IS BEAUTIFUL. SHUT UP." , posted Fri 29 Jan 15:12post reply

hey mister, wanna wrestle?

Iron D
3367th Post

"Re(1):ENGLISH SHENMUE IS BEAUTIFUL. SHUT UP." , posted Fri 29 Jan 18:57post reply

quote:
hey mister, wanna wrestle?

Oh my car....this here had me laughing uncontrollably. We really should make a thread where Cafeers post the random funny shit they find on Youtube. This is something like the third or fourth link posted through the Cafe that I just found utterly hilarious.

Er.....

Iggy
9055th Post

"Re(1):HEAVY RAIN" , posted Fri 29 Jan 19:04post reply

quote:
heavy rain is the only thing giving me a hardon right now

The shower scene? Yeah, me too, but then the guy turns back and you stare in his empty eyes on the other side of the uncanny valley.

Pollyanna
2843th Post

"Re(2):ENGLISH SHENMUE IS BEAUTIFUL. SHUT UP." , posted Fri 29 Jan 19:16post reply

Hmmm...what is coming out, other than a sea of Capcom games frustratingly out of reach?

Erm...I'm looking forward to End of Eternity after trying out the demo. All RPG battle systems should allow you to run into walls. I decided to hold off for the English version, since March would be a lonely RPG month otherwise (since I already got FFXIII and Strange Journey).

Had a day off and hammered through No More Heroes 2. Screw the game, but the soundtrack is amazing. Immediately one of my all-time favorites.

quote:
Has anyone tried the Sega/Platnium game Infinite Space? It looks like it could be cool but it also looks like it could turn into endless sub-menus filled with walls of text.

I've heard a lot of good things and I'm SURE you could do a lot worse on DS RPGs. I was too timid to import it, myself. My Japanese is only so good and I'm afraid if the game didn't exceed my limits, it would test them enough to make the process of playing it frustratingly slow.

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

Ishmael
3674th Post

"Re(3):ENGLISH SHENMUE IS BEAUTIFUL. SHUT UP." , posted Sat 30 Jan 04:15post reply

quote:
I've heard a lot of good things and I'm SURE you could do a lot worse on DS RPGs. I was too timid to import it, myself. My Japanese is only so good and I'm afraid if the game didn't exceed my limits, it would test them enough to make the process of playing it frustratingly slow.

My fear is that I either won't enjoy Infinite Space or that I will enjoy the game and will have to invent reasons to sit down with my DS.

sfried
471th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(5): The Last Story, Xenoblade" , posted Sat 30 Jan 11:43:post reply

The Last Story
Xenoblade

One Mistwalker, one Monolith (the latter was also known as Monado, but it looks like so much has changed since its last unvieling).

[this message was edited by sfried on Sat 30 Jan 11:53]

Ishmael
3676th Post

"Re(4):ENGLISH SHENMUE IS BEAUTIFUL. SHUT UP." , posted Thu 4 Feb 03:47post reply

Speaking of Shenmue, there's a nice meditation about what it was trying to do posted over at Gamasutra.

justicekyo
706th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(5):ENGLISH SHENMUE IS BEAUTIFUL. SHUT UP." , posted Tue 9 Feb 14:37post reply

quote:
Speaking of Shenmue, there's a nice meditation about what it was trying to do posted over at Gamasutra.

Poor Shenmue. I loved it. it maybe dead, but it's engine lives on...

simonbelmont
143th Post

Regular Customer

"NMH2 OST" , posted Fri 16 Apr 10:35post reply

quote:

Had a day off and hammered through No More Heroes 2. Screw the game, but the soundtrack is amazing. Immediately one of my all-time favorites.

Soundtrack had some awesome tracks but I didn't dig it as much as the first. Game was disappointing too. Kind of like the second half of El Topo. Anyone find the OST for this? I’ve been looking for it with no luck. Apparently, it hasn’t even been released yet. Man the Meat looked like it was ripped directly from River City Ransom. Ryan’s Gym just pisses me off. I’m old now and don’t have the reflexes for it (especially the last level). And hell I beat Deadly Towers on the NES. And almost beat Bayou Billy. Ryan’s got nothing on Thunder Ryu.

karasu99
332th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(1):NMH2 OST" , posted Fri 16 Apr 12:12post reply

quote:

Soundtrack had some awesome tracks but I didn't dig it as much as the first. Game was disappointing too. Kind of like the second half of El Topo. Anyone find the OST for this? I’ve been looking for it with no luck. Apparently, it hasn’t even been released yet. Man the Meat looked like it was ripped directly from River City Ransom. Ryan’s Gym just pisses me off. I’m old now and don’t have the reflexes for it (especially the last level). And hell I beat Deadly Towers on the NES. And almost beat Bayou Billy. Ryan’s got nothing on Thunder Ryu.

It seems that NMH did so poorly in Japan that the decision has yet to be made regarding the release of NMH2 there. Hence no OST so far-- after all, if it's not a Final Fantasy or Grand Theft Auto game, only 5 people in the US will buy the OST.

However, all is not lost, since many of the tracks in NMH2 were released on the 'No More Heroes Dark Side' album. I'm not sure where this can be purchased, but I am sure you can find it somewhere.