Insert Credit memorial version 1 - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1489 Views )

Maou
1895th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Gold Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Insert Credit memorial version 1" , posted Mon 25 Jan 04:18post reply

I will now offer a dirge for Insert Credit, which perished shortly after we all told Brandon to hurry up and update it (oops). Alas, the promised postmortem reorganization and archival have not even occured, leaving this beautiful corpse unburied like the body in Antigone. Maybe this will summon exodus to right the wrongs of his glorious past, or at least make him come talk with us again.

In related news, any favorite DIY-style games journalism out there these days in any language besides Toasty Frog, ABDN, and (sort of) UK Resistance?

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

Replies:

Spoon
1883th Post

Gold Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(1):Insert Credit memorial version 1" , posted Mon 25 Jan 05:23post reply

quote:
I will now offer a dirge for Insert Credit, which perished shortly after we all told Brandon to hurry up and update it (oops). Alas, the promised postmortem reorganization and archival have not even occured, leaving this beautiful corpse unburied like the body in Antigone. Maybe this will summon exodus to right the wrongs of his glorious past, or at least make him come talk with us again.

In related news, any favorite DIY-style games journalism out there these days in any language besides Toasty Frog, ABDN, and (sort of) UK Resistance?

www.magweasel.com

I can't think of any other gaming blog to come out recently that is both as entertaining and interesting as this one.

Ishmael
3669th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(2):Insert Credit memorial version 1" , posted Mon 25 Jan 06:39post reply

Two things come to mind when I remember IC. First was the page's charter to explore games from a non-mainstream angle. This meant that not only was IC discussing games that were often missed by the larger sites but the very way of discussing and thinking about games was also experimented with. This often meant that the authors bit off more than they could chew but their willingness to try new things in a public forum was appreciated.

Secondly, I always liked the Insert Credit Cafe April Fool's joke. It was nice to see that IC did occasionally have a sense of humor.

karasu99
277th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(3):Insert Credit memorial version 1" , posted Tue 26 Jan 03:39post reply

quote:
Two things come to mind when I remember IC. First was the page's charter to explore games from a non-mainstream angle. This meant that not only was IC discussing games that were often missed by the larger sites but the very way of discussing and thinking about games was also experimented with. This often meant that the authors bit off more than they could chew but their willingness to try new things in a public forum was appreciated.

I heard about quite a few games on IC that I would probably never have heard about otherwise. IC came in at a time when I was becoming really jaded in terms of games-- it was right around a point of consolidation in the industry, and a time when big commercial hit games were getting even bigger, at least in the US. IC turned me around from that, helped me find a lot of good still left in video games, and was pretty instrumental in getting me to change careers to the games industry.

That said, I regret that I eventually dropped out of IC's boards after being on them for years. It was easy to feel drained by how utterly contentious and sometimes downright shitty it was there sometimes, even after the big reboot.

I'll miss IC, even though it's been years since I went there.

Amakusa
833th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(4):Insert Credit memorial version 1" , posted Tue 26 Jan 11:56:post reply

quote:

That said, I regret that I eventually dropped out of IC's boards after being on them for years. It was easy to feel drained by how utterly contentious and sometimes downright shitty it was there sometimes, even after the big reboot.

This was practically the same reason I stopped going there. Certain people, who shall remain nameless, really went out of your way to make out everything but themself was shit. It had this big unwelcome feeling to it.

But anyway, exodus has a real job. I occasionally read his articles.

I found Kagami's sword in a junk yard.
I will rule the world and find that truly good cup of coffee.
"Dink-a-dink-a-dink-a-do."

[this message was edited by Amakusa on Tue 26 Jan 11:56]