Sunsoft revives in Americ, fuses with Telenet - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1414 Views )

Maou
1872th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Silver Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Sunsoft revives in America,fuses with Telenet" , posted Thu 10 Dec 15:47:post reply

Whaaaaat?! It's true, though. To think that Sunsoft would not only buy all of Nihon Telenet's old library, but then work with Victor Ireland of legendary, defunct American translator Working Designs to reinvent itself abroad again... Weird!

Mostly I just like to think that this will rescue Valis from 18+ hell, or at least keep it in the PCE panties level.

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

[this message was edited by Maou on Thu 10 Dec 15:59]

Replies:

Freeter
4484th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Sunsoft revives in America,fuses with T" , posted Thu 10 Dec 23:57post reply

New El Viento....it must happen.

Iggy
9021th Post

"Re(1):Sunsoft revives in America,fuses with T" , posted Fri 11 Dec 10:13post reply

quote:
Mostly I just like to think that this will rescue Valis from 18+ hell, or at least keep it in the PCE panties level.

For a reason, I feel like believing this would mean the good old Valis games could now appear in all their historical glory on Virtual Console, so we could play them in 2010 and discover that founds memories of the past age pretty poorly, then go back to Bayonetta.

sfried
441th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(2):Sunsoft revives in America,fuses with T" , posted Fri 11 Dec 10:23:post reply

quote:
For a reason, I feel like believing this would mean the good old Valis games could now appear in all their historical glory on Virtual Console, so we could play them in 2010 and discover that founds memories of the past age pretty poorly, then go back to Bayonetta.

And 20 years after that, we will also have fond memories of Bayonetta only to be dissappointed.

Lucky for me Red Falcon introduced Valis to me later in my life so that the nostalgia goggles don't apply, and I difinately can see the charm of the simplicity of WolfTeams platformer ("run right, kill shit"). Reminds me of Ghostsweeper Mikami for the SNES/SFCOM.

[this message was edited by sfried on Fri 11 Dec 10:25]

Ishmael
3633th Post

"Re(3):Sunsoft revives in America,fuses with T" , posted Fri 11 Dec 10:30post reply

I can honestly say that I did not think that someone would pay good money for the intellectual property rights to Earnest Evans.

sfried
441th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(4):Sunsoft revives in America,fuses with T" , posted Fri 11 Dec 13:22post reply

quote:
I can honestly say that I did not think that someone would pay good money for the intellectual property rights to Earnest Evans.

This is one of those franchises that can use an...*ahem* "Re-imagining", A Boy and His Blob-style.

hikarutilmitt
519th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(5):Sunsoft revives in America,fuses with T" , posted Sat 12 Dec 11:52post reply

quote:
This is one of those franchises that can use an...*ahem* "Re-imagining", A Boy and His Blob-style.

Somehow I think that would entail combining it and Annet Futatabi into a single Metroidvania-type game.

I mean, I'd hate to see it happen but it'd be better than either game originally was and I'd play the shit out of any new game with them.

Freeter
4485th Post

"Re(6):Sunsoft revives in America,fuses with T" , posted Sat 12 Dec 22:34post reply

quote:

Somehow I think that would entail combining it and Annet Futatabi into a single Metroidvania-type game.

I mean, I'd hate to see it happen but it'd be better than either game originally was and I'd play the shit out of any new game with them.

I'm sick of Metroidvania. Give me back my random levels with expositional cutscenes in-between.