Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Hotel Dusk 2 announced for DS" , posted Sat 5 Dec 13:37post reply

Youtube (near the end)

Famitsu

Tidbits (from court-records.net):

- Similar visual/audio style to the first game
- Takes place a year after the first title, in 1980 Los Angeles
- The main setting is the Cape West Apartments
- The story stands alone, but will also present some connections that fans of the original can enjoy
- Main character is once again Kyle, and he's still a bit of a jerk
- New 'ignore' feature for when you're trying to sift through conversations, and don't think a particular portion is worth butting into to find out details and progress the story
- There is a novel inside the game called 'Last Window'
- Every time you clear a game chapter, you open a new chapter in the Last Window book
- The novel will help flesh out the story, and the over-arching world that Kyle is in
- Novel contents are actually influenced by how you play the game, leading to multiple variations
- Rumble cart support
- 3 save slots

--------

More adventures with Kyle 'I don't give a damn' Hyde...can't wait.

Maybe they'll even bring back the bowling mini-game

Replies:

Maou
1866th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Silver Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(1):Hotel Dusk 2 announced for DS" , posted Sat 5 Dec 15:07:post reply

THIS IS THE BEST NEWS I'VE HEARD ALL YEAR

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

[this message was edited by Maou on Sat 5 Dec 15:25]

Toxico
4808th Post

"Re(2):Hotel Dusk 2 announced for DS" , posted Sat 5 Dec 16:34post reply

quote:

I'm not going to eat you after all.

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・
Translation txt currently off line.

Now sponsoring : video game analogies (ES)
Last update : Chapter 13 as of 23/11/09

whitesword
1659th Post

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(1):Hotel Dusk 2 announced for DS" , posted Sat 5 Dec 16:41post reply

quote:

- Main character is once again Kyle, and he's still a bit of a jerk

Can't wait to interrogate little old ladies for no good reason again!

(didn't we know about this game almost a month ago? What with retailers listing it and everything)

Maou
1866th Post

"Re(3):Hotel Dusk 2 announced for DS" , posted Sat 5 Dec 16:57post reply

quote:

I'm not going to eat you after all.

In reward or punishment?

Also, Kotaku will give you cancer. That is why I didn't know about this. Should've interrogated more people about it, though, it's true.

Grave
1258th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"STOP IGNORING THE REAL QUESTION" , posted Sat 5 Dec 17:36post reply

Where is Another Code: R's US release?! Grrrrrrrrrrrr. Or more appropriately: Arrrrrrrrrrrrr.

I can play Wii imports just fine but something tells me PAL/NTSC is still going to be a problem for my beloved SD-only paperweight. Frustrating!

Freeter
4483th Post

"Re(1):STOP IGNORING THE REAL QUESTION" , posted Sat 5 Dec 22:26post reply

quote:
Where is Another Code: R's US release?!

In Kyle's belly, along with that delicious steak.

Maou
1868th Post

"Re(2):STOP IGNORING THE REAL QUESTION" , posted Sun 6 Dec 03:17:post reply

quote:
Where is Another Code: R's US release?!

In Kyle's belly, along with that delicious steak.

I actually started drinking only Bourbon on the rocks this summer thanks to Kyle. We called it the summer of 渋い.

[this message was edited by Maou on Sun 6 Dec 03:17]

Spoon
1857th Post

"Re(1):Hotel Dusk 2 announced for DS" , posted Sun 6 Dec 06:33post reply

I can't wait for the newspaper to appear again and spoil the entire story for you.

Professor
2576th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(2):Hotel Dusk 2 announced for DS" , posted Tue 8 Dec 11:05:post reply

Being able to read back your game's progress as a novel is a nice idea, especially for a handheld.

The short novels on Hotel Dusk 1's site were pretty cool. I'm assuming that this new in-game novel will likewise tell stuff that were too digressive to detail out during the gameplay.

There's supposedly some uncut pages that you can rip open if get really stuck, but you get some bonus(es) if you finish the game without touching them.

[this message was edited by Professor on Tue 8 Dec 11:35]

Maou
1870th Post

"Re(3):Hotel Dusk 2 announced for DS" , posted Tue 8 Dec 13:50post reply

quote:
The short novels on Hotel Dusk 1's site were pretty cool. I'm assuming that this new in-game novel will likewise tell stuff that were too digressive to detail out during the gameplay.

Say Professor, did you mean these newspaper articles "written" by Martin Summer after the events of the game?

Professor
2576th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(4):Hotel Dusk 2 announced for DS" , posted Wed 9 Dec 23:47post reply

quote:
Say Professor, did you mean these newspaper articles "written" by Martin Summer after the events of the game?

Ahh yeah, that's it alright!

Professor
2579th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Hotel Dusk 2- Five minute Trailer" , posted Wed 23 Dec 19:06:post reply

Last Window: Midnight Promise (Japanese title)

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm9166027

For non-account holders
http://d.hatena.ne.jp/video/niconico/sm9166027

Is that Mila at 1:14?

Here's what we learn from the narration-

-Story takes place in 1980 and doesn't seem to hold (at least, anything direct) plots continuing from Hotel Dusk 1.

-You once again take the role of Kyle Hyde, who finally gets fired for slacking off on his lousy salesman job. It's a double whammy for Kyle, since his apartment building's getting demolished and he needs to move out of his cozy room #202 by the end of the month.

-Kyle's place, named the Capewest apartments, used to be a hotel, but there was some kind of an incident 25 years ago. The building also had another incident 13 years back.

-Kyle gets hired by an unnamed man to search for an item called the "Red Star" which went missing in the building 25 years ago. As his investigation progresses, the two incidences start to link together. The trailer also hints that it has some something to do with Kyle's father, who disappeared one day and ended up as a body full of bullet holes 3 days later at a downtown parking lot.
In fact, that seems to be one of the major plot lines in the game.

-You'll be talking to other residents in the apartment building, but simply clicking to forward and butting in like in Hotel Dusk 1 won't work. You'll need to look at their facial expressions, and decide what kind of action to take, and it'll change the outcome of your conversation.

-Your progress will be recorded as a novel that details some extra stuff, like Kyle's emotions during the storyline, and what the other characters were doing while Kyle was investigting. There's also closed pages that can be ripped open if you get stuck in the game.

[this message was edited by Professor on Wed 23 Dec 20:48]

Freeter
4491th Post

"Re(1):Hotel Dusk 2- Five minute Trailer" , posted Thu 24 Dec 04:56post reply

quote:
Is that Mila at 1:14?

Sure looks like it, she has the choker and everything.

quote:
-Story takes place in 1980 and doesn't seem to hold (at least, anything direct) plots continuing from Hotel Dusk 1.

That could change, especially if the story gives more insight into Kyle.

quote:
-Kyle gets hired by an unnamed man to search for an item called the "Red Star" which went missing in the building 25 years ago. As his investigation progresses, the two incidences start to link together. The trailer also hints that it has some something to do with Kyle's father, who disappeared one day and ended up as a body full of bullet holes 3 days later at a downtown parking lot.
In fact, that seems to be one of the major plot lines in the game.

I wouldn't be surprised if Bradley is somehow involved.

quote:
-You'll be talking to other residents in the apartment building, but simply clicking to forward and butting in like in Hotel Dusk 1 won't work. You'll need to look at their facial expressions, and decide what kind of action to take, and it'll change the outcome of your conversation.

-Your progress will be recorded as a novel that details some extra stuff, like Kyle's emotions during the storyline, and what the other characters were doing while Kyle was investigting.

It also looks like it's much easier to send people into the red and get a Game Over. Should be a lot more challenging than the first.

Maou
1879th Post

Gold Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(2):Hotel Dusk 2- Five minute Trailer" , posted Thu 24 Dec 13:27:post reply

Ohsnapohsnapohsnap

In celebration of this, I shall refer all Wish Room fans to the only fansite for the game that I know of, in Japanese or in English. What a...!?

I think I'm going to do a dance. Even if I'm still bitter that I didn't get to see the bonus ending clip from the original even though I'm sure I didn't ever die and then retry.

Edit: though I could do without -more- game over triggers from conversations. It would be fun if it would take some inspiration from some of those old American adventure RPG's and let you really interact with the environments, even if you get killed for it. I want to be able to get in trouble for trying to crowbar Dunning's room open, or to hear responses for any random thing I might show to people rather than having Kyle mutter, "No point in using that here."

[this message was edited by Maou on Thu 24 Dec 15:35]

sfried
448th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):Hotel Dusk 2 announced for DS" , posted Thu 24 Dec 17:29post reply

I really need to get around finishing Hotel Dusk.

Meanwhile, I was distracted by Zangeki no REGINLEIV by the fact that HACCAN is doing the art of this game.

That's like seeing the main character from Mushihimesama go axe craxy and decide to kill zombies for a living.

Spoon
1864th Post

"Re(2):Hotel Dusk 2 announced for DS" , posted Fri 25 Dec 08:20post reply

quote:

Meanwhile, I was distracted by Zangeki no REGINLEIV by the fact that HACCAN is doing the art of this game.

That's like seeing the main character from Mushihimesama go axe craxy and decide to kill zombies for a living.

I've had my eye on this for awhile since early shots of it made it look like EDF in a fantasy setting with motion controls.

I'm disappointed that the multiplayer will only be online, but having 4 players will be nice.