New characters:
Deejay / T.Hawk / Cody / Guy / Adon / Juri

Not yet announced:

Spoiler (Highlight to view) -
Ibuki / Hakan / Makoto / Dudley

End of Spoiler

Official site

--------------

I was playing SFZero3↑ tonight with a friend, a game I really didn't like, and found it quite enjoyable to my surprise.
I had a very bad opinion of the sprites, but the game looked much better than I expected. Then I understood: my last memory of most of these sprites was CvS1&2, an aesthetically flawed game with questionable design choices (3D background, strange lack of any atmosphere, Balrog's tattoo victory pause, Blanka's funny animations cut off, Sally cut off...)
Again, taking characters out of the game they were tuned for into a totally different world is a very dangerous task.
I have no idea how they intend to make Ibuki feel like Ibuki in SF4, and let's not talk about Makoto.

Replies:

Freeter
4480th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):SSF4 December thread" , posted Fri 27 Nov 15:12post reply

Youtube

Looking great so far. All they need to do is bring back the original SF4 announcer to make vanilla SF4 obsolete.

Just a Person
1330th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(2):SSF4 December thread" , posted Fri 27 Nov 20:55post reply

Now we can be sure: Guy IS blocking a kunai.

This screenshot was posted at Nakky's blog, where Capcom delivers some details about the game. And according to the translation from SRK.com's Azrael, the blog itself mentions that none of the characters confirmed in SSFIV so far throws kunais, and asks us what that could mean...

The official SSFIV website also posted Guy's, Cody's and Adon's pictures, voices and bios. I hope someone translates the bios soon...

I can be any person in the world... maybe I'm this person right in front of you... maybe I'm not.

Ishmael
3632th Post

"Re(3):SSF4 December thread" , posted Sat 28 Nov 06:00post reply

quote:
The official SSFIV website also posted Guy's, Cody's and Adon's pictures, voices and bios. I hope someone translates the bios soon...

What I most enjoyed about this update is that while Cody may not have a portrait yet, he has learned to focus attack with a wrench.

Grave
1252th Post

"Re(3):SSF4 December thread" , posted Sat 28 Nov 08:02post reply

quote:
And according to the translation from SRK.com's Azrael, the blog itself mentions that none of the characters confirmed in SSFIV so far throws kunais, and asks us what that could mean...

I hate the way this shit works in the present day. When magazines were our only place to get info information actually could trickle out little by little and you could tease people in an effective manner. Now half the time we know what's there before they even start to "tease"... and they still do it anyway, acting like someone will be surprised.

It's more annoying than anything, really.

Burning Ranger
1624th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(4):SSF4 December thread" , posted Sat 28 Nov 08:35post reply

Saw the trailer and some of the screenshots. I'm liking what I see, despite my initial dislike of adding more Alpha characters.

It still seems weird that Cody has his SFA3 costume... I'd have liked to have seen more modern prison attire (orange jumpsuit). No doubt his alternate look will be his original Final Fight look...or even his Streetwise look.

As for the spoilers on the additional characters--are you certain those are the remainder?

And when will Capcom do a Darkstalkers game in the style of SFIV?

Advanced Cybernetic Organism "Burning Ranger"

Hagen de Merak
1045th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(5):SSF4 December thread" , posted Sat 28 Nov 08:50post reply

quote:

And when will Capcom do a Darkstalkers game in the style of SFIV?

Never I hope.

GekigangerV
1628th Post

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(6):SSF4 December thread" , posted Sat 28 Nov 13:25post reply

As a big Final Fight fan I am excited about Cody and Guy. I am kind of disappointed about the costume selection of Cody. It's pretty much a given that the DLC costume will be the jeans and shirt version, but I really don't like DLC. I only got the grappler pack from original SFIV because it was free. But my love of all things final fight may sway me.

It would have been cool if Ono tried to fit in the Final Fight timeline into the game and put Guy in his FF3 outfit. But seeing how Sakura, Ibuki and Makoto are all in this game I don't think time line matters. The profiles of Guy and Cody are also extremely vague and look like they were copied and pasted from their SFA3 profiles.

Just a Person
1331th Post

"Re(7):SSF4 December thread" , posted Sat 28 Nov 23:50post reply

quote:
The profiles of Guy and Cody are also extremely vague and look like they were copied and pasted from their SFA3 profiles.

Really? What do they say about Cody and Guy?

I can be any person in the world... maybe I'm this person right in front of you... maybe I'm not.

Juan
4519th Post

"Re(1):SSF4 December thread" , posted Sun 29 Nov 14:13:post reply

Dear Capcom,

Delete Rufus.

Thanks.
-Sushingada

[this message was edited by Juan on Sun 29 Nov 14:13]

karasu99
244th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(2):SSF4 December thread" , posted Mon 30 Nov 02:39post reply

I wish I knew why Haggar himself has never been brought over to a Street Fighter game, especially since Guy and Cody are already in. I mean, laziness is clearly the point for SFIV, but why not back in SFZ3? The game could use another straightforward grappler.

Nate
976th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(2):SSF4 December thread" , posted Mon 30 Nov 03:04post reply

quote:
Dear Capcom,

Delete Rufus.

Thanks.
-Sushingada

this. also make crimson viper less shitty and ridiculous looking. and don't make hakan fat. i don't care if he's ugly.

ワンダフル! ビューティフル! エキサイティング!

Iggy
9018th Post

"Re(3):SSF4 December thread" , posted Mon 30 Nov 08:05post reply

quote:
I wish I knew why Haggar himself has never been brought over to a Street Fighter game, especially since Guy and Cody are already in. I mean, laziness is clearly the point for SFIV, but why not back in SFZ3? The game could use another straightforward grappler.

Because all of his signature moves are already used by Zangief?
He could have been an option in SF3, and that's it. Maybe in Tatsunoko? But not in a game with Zangief already.

quote:
and don't make hakan fat. i don't care if he's ugly.

This. Also, please make Hakan hairy. I don't care if he's bottom tier.
Wait. If he's hairy, please make him bottom tier.
Thank you.

Just a Person
1332th Post

"Re(4):SSF4 December thread" , posted Mon 30 Nov 10:23post reply

quote:

He could have been an option in SF3, and that's it. Maybe in Tatsunoko? But not in a game with Zangief already.

He was chosen over Zangief in Namco X Capcom, although that's not exactly a Street Fighter game... it does have Street Fighter characters in it, though.

kofoguz
790th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(4):SSF4 December thread" , posted Mon 30 Nov 11:18post reply

quote:
Dear Capcom,

Delete Rufus.

Thanks.
-Sushingada

This.

Spoiler (Highlight to view) -
could. bring. the. peace. to. the. universe.

End of Spoiler

quote:
This. Also, please make Hakan hairy. I don't care if he's bottom tier.
Wait. If he's hairy, please make him bottom tier.
Thank you.

Should I send a pic of my hairy chest to Capcom for reference? Should I send a pic of my hairy chest to Capcom for reference? I'm hoping they would know how to differentiate a turkish character from an Arabian. I'm not holding my breath though. Well most sites cant do that eventhough the character has a exclusive Turkish name. They call him "the Arab wrestler".

GekigangerV
1629th Post

"Re(4):SSF4 December thread" , posted Mon 30 Nov 11:40post reply

quote:
Really? What do they say about Cody and Guy?

Guy's just that he is the 39th successor to Bushin-ryu, he senses evil and is out to restore balance.

Cody's mentions the basics as well. He was a former hero in metro city, got arrested for some vague violent incident, got bored in prison and is trying to relieve his boredom.

quote:

When we have a game where we have Ryu, Ken, Akuma, Gouken, Sakura. Putting another grappler who has 2 special moves similar to another character doesn't sounds too bad. His slam masters appearance had a couple of unique moves such as a couple of variations to the double axe handle and I think it would be in Haggar character to have a command run with attack variations. But this is all a pipe dream . . . .

Just a Person
1333th Post

"Re(5):SSF4 December thread" , posted Mon 30 Nov 12:52post reply

quote:
Guy's just that he is the 39th successor to Bushin-ryu, he senses evil and is out to restore balance.

Cody's mentions the basics as well. He was a former hero in metro city, got arrested for some vague violent incident, got bored in prison and is trying to relieve his boredom.

Thanks for the translations!

Wow, so Guy and Cody have the same goals they had years before in SFA3?? Plus, it seems Guy failed to sense evil during the SFII events...

Maybe he senses ROSE and assumes she's the evil one?

Grave
1255th Post

"Re(6):SSF4 December thread" , posted Mon 30 Nov 14:59post reply

quote:

The game has become self-aware and it has detected Ono. It is the only explanation.

Loona
285th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(5):SSF4 December thread" , posted Mon 30 Nov 18:35post reply

quote:

When we have a game where we have Ryu, Ken, Akuma, Gouken, Sakura. Putting another grappler who has 2 special moves similar to another character doesn't sounds too bad.

This.

Also, he could have an alternate suit-and-tie outfit as DLC (the ponytail from later FF games doesn't count).

Also, that'd be one step closer to making this suit-and-tie battle come true.

"Beat the machine that works in your head!" - Guano Apes "Open Your Eyes"

Maese
550th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(6):SSF4 December thread" , posted Mon 30 Nov 19:16post reply

quote:

When we have a game where we have Ryu, Ken, Akuma, Gouken, Sakura. Putting another grappler who has 2 special moves similar to another character doesn't sounds too bad.

This.

Also, he could have an alternate suit-and-tie outfit as DLC (the ponytail from later FF games doesn't count).

Also, that'd be one step closer to making this suit-and-tie battle come true.

Seconded. I'm happy to have Cody and Guy back only for Final Fight nostalgia. Never liked to play as them neither in FF nor in Alpha series, but at least I enjoy their presence. It brings back memories from the good ol' times, when I used to spent my evening hours roaming the streets of Metro City in Major Haggar's company.

And also:

quote:
he could have an alternate suit-and-tie outfit as DLC

Words wouldn't be able to describe the awesome.

Loona
286th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(7):SSF4 December thread" , posted Wed 2 Dec 19:22post reply

quote:
And also:

Maybe this pic would help to replace those absent 1000 words:

http://www.fightersgeneration.com/np/games/allstars-rare.JPG

"Beat the machine that works in your head!" - Guano Apes "Open Your Eyes"

karasu99
245th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(8):SSF4 December thread" , posted Thu 3 Dec 00:40post reply

quote:
And also:

Maybe this pic would help to replace those absent 1000 words:

http://www.fightersgeneration.com/np/games/allstars-rare.JPG

Humm, I hadn't realized he was slated to be in Capcom All-Stars.

GekigangerV, thanks for pointing out the near-duplication of all the shotos. I've always thought Haggar would be great fit-- and I think he could be made even more distinct from Zangief. This is all, of course pipe dreams, so I won't waste any more time talking about it.

Still, anxious to see the next round of fighters where they are revealed. The official site is updated, but it's just a blog posting.

Maou
1865th Post

Silver Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(7):SSF4 December thread" , posted Thu 3 Dec 15:12:post reply

quote:
The game has become self-aware and it has detected Ono. It is the only explanation.

NEW SECRET BOSS

He will be like getting Gouki to appear in SSFII X, except he won't have any attacks.

Or maybe he could only appear if you lose every match somehow, or with through cheap shaving damage.

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

[this message was edited by Maou on Thu 3 Dec 15:19]

Spoon
1856th Post

"Re(8):SSF4 December thread" , posted Fri 4 Dec 00:41post reply

quote:
NEW SECRET BOSS

He will be like getting Gouki to appear in SSFII X, except he won't have any attacks.

Or maybe he could only appear if you lose every match somehow, or with through cheap shaving damage.

Every one of his attacks, even his normals, is a ranbu combo.

Burning Ranger
1626th Post

"Re(8):SSF4 December thread" , posted Fri 4 Dec 11:59post reply

quote:
NEW SECRET BOSS

As long as he doesn't get kidnapped first...

http://www.weebls-stuff.com/wab/Team+Laser+Explosion/

nekros
203th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(9):SSF4 December thread" , posted Mon 14 Dec 03:47post reply

Hakan revealed!?
http://www.hadoken.net/?p=1011
If true, is an hybrid between Bazoo (Rumble Fish), Krizalid (KOF) and Leon (DOA).

Aaaaand this:
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2009/dec/10/japanese-blog-shows-new-ssf4-stages/
More SF2 fapping frenzy, remix tunes announced for EVERY character, alternate costumes kept from SFIV if you have downloaded them, arcade version is possibile, bonus stages unlocking process, jaguar Revolver Ultra for Andon...and much more.

Sadly, non hints about Sf3 chars.

kofoguz
796th Post

"Re(10):SSF4 December thread" , posted Mon 14 Dec 06:51post reply

quote:
Q: When I asked my mom to buy me Street Fighter 4, she said "There's gonna be an update, so just wait for that." So yesterday, I asked her to buy Super Street Fighter 4, and she said "They're gonna make an update to that as well, so just wait for that." So... is there going to be another update?

LOL, this made me laugh.

But this time I'm proud of them, cause I thought they would add just Deejay and T. Hawk and sell it for full price. I'm surprised.

Just a Person
1334th Post

"Re(10):SSF4 December thread" , posted Mon 14 Dec 23:54post reply

quote:
Hakan revealed!?
http://www.hadoken.net/?p=1011
If true, is an hybrid between Bazoo (Rumble Fish), Krizalid (KOF) and Leon (DOA).

Aaaaand this:
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2009/dec/10/japanese-blog-shows-new-ssf4-stages/
More SF2 fapping frenzy, remix tunes announced for EVERY character, alternate costumes kept from SFIV if you have downloaded them, arcade version is possibile, bonus stages unlocking process, jaguar Revolver Ultra for Andon...and much more.

Sadly, non hints about Sf3 chars.

There are two or three more screenshots showing Guy and Sakura being attacked by kunais, and when someone commented that only Geki and Ibuki had these weapons, Shizowa remarked that Geki throws shurikens, not kunais. So it's pretty certain that Ibuki is in.

As for Hakan, the picture is so blurry that I can just see a barefoot strong guy in some kind of black wrestling suit. I can see some similarities with Leon, but not with either Bazoo or Krizalid...

Digitalboy
668th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(4):SSF4 December thread" , posted Tue 15 Dec 03:24post reply

I saw what you did there...
quote:
If he's hairy, please make him bottom tier.
Thank you.

I don't know how to live
But I've got alot of toys...

Iggy
9025th Post

"Re(5):SSF4 December thread" , posted Fri 18 Dec 20:31post reply

http://www.capcom.co.jp/blog/sf4/nakky_blog/2009/12/18_424.html

Backgrounds. Sali is back <3

Just a Person
1336th Post

"Re(6):SSF4 December thread" , posted Fri 18 Dec 23:03post reply

quote:

The new backgrounds look great, much more detailed than most of the backgrounds in the regular Street Fighter IV (except perhaps for the China background).

Iron D
3340th Post

"Re(7):SSF4 December thread" , posted Sat 19 Dec 03:36post reply

quote:

The new backgrounds look great, much more detailed than most of the backgrounds in the regular Street Fighter IV (except perhaps for the China background).

It also looks like backgrounds might be character specific again, although I'm not sure who that African background would belong to.

Er.....

karasu99
249th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(8):SSF4 December thread" , posted Sat 19 Dec 12:49post reply

quote:

It also looks like backgrounds might be character specific again, although I'm not sure who that African background would belong to.

Since the backgrounds (and the way they changed with the different versions of the game) were some of my favorite elements of SFII, I'd be happy if this were the case.

Yeah, these new BG's are great. Lots of moving parts and color-- definitely seems to be more on both counts than SFIV.

Burning Ranger
1629th Post

"Re(8):SSF4 December thread" , posted Sun 20 Dec 00:47post reply

quote:

Did SF IV have character specific backgrounds? I know it worked for some characters (Ryu @ Temple, Chunli @ CHinese Street, Zangief @ Russia). Will it be more of the same? I don't recall Africa stage belonging to anyone (it had planes in it, but it couldn't be Guile's stage).

Iron D
3343th Post

"Re(9):SSF4 December thread" , posted Sun 20 Dec 02:42post reply

quote:

Did SF IV have character specific backgrounds? I know it worked for some characters (Ryu @ Temple, Chunli @ CHinese Street, Zangief @ Russia). Will it be more of the same? I don't recall Africa stage belonging to anyone (it had planes in it, but it couldn't be Guile's stage).

I forgot that SFIV had an African background already, but I was actually referring to the African Savannah stage that is showing up in these pics. So if they're keeping all of the stages for SSFIV, that would make TWO African stages.

Quite frankly, I'd accept it if redid the characters in the airport stage to be U.S. Airmen and redesigned the planes so that the stage WAS an Air Force base. It would be lazy, but I want character-specific stages that bad.

Er.....

Ishmael
3641th Post

"Re(10):SSF4 December thread" , posted Sun 20 Dec 07:14post reply

Character select screen, Ryu and Ken sharing a private moment and some other shots from eventhubs.com.

Just a Person
1337th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):SSF4 December thread" , posted Sun 20 Dec 09:27post reply

quote:
Character select screen, Ryu and Ken sharing a private moment and some other shots from eventhubs.com.

So, it seems the game will have 22 background stages. There won't be one background per character, but it's still a good amount of backgrounds.

As for the character select screen, there are four hidden portraits in it instead of two (regarding Ono's speech about having eight new characters). It seems the rumor about Ibuki, Dudley, Makoto and a brand-new Turkish oil wrestler being in the game is true, after all...

Iron D
3344th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):SSF4 December thread" , posted Sun 20 Dec 18:25post reply

quote:

So, it seems the game will have 22 background stages. There won't be one background per character, but it's still a good amount of backgrounds.

As for the character select screen, there are four hidden portraits in it instead of two (regarding Ono's speech about having eight new characters). It seems the rumor about Ibuki, Dudley, Makoto and a brand-new Turkish oil wrestler being in the game is true, after all...

A zoomed in image of the three darked out character select portraits taken from shoryuken.com. Who do YOU guys see?

Er.....

Ishmael
3642th Post

"Re(4):Re(10):SSF4 December thread" , posted Tue 22 Dec 04:37post reply

quote:
A zoomed in image of the three darked out character select portraits taken from shoryuken.com. Who do YOU guys see?

I don't even want to think about what sort of goofy rorschach style results those pixelly blots are producing.

Iron D
3346th Post

"Re(5):Re(10):SSF4 December thread" , posted Tue 22 Dec 07:59post reply

quote:
I don't even want to think about what sort of goofy rorschach style results those pixelly blots are producing.

Well, at SRK, it's actually producing more flame wars than anything. Ha!

Er.....

Baines
254th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(6):Re(10):SSF4 December thread" , posted Tue 22 Dec 11:06post reply

quote:
Well, at SRK, it's actually producing more flame wars than anything. Ha!

Yeah, but everything causes flame wars at SRK.

karasu99
252th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(7):Re(10):SSF4 December thread" , posted Tue 29 Dec 09:30post reply

It's only marginal news at best, but Abel, Seth, and Vega are up on the SSFIV page.

So what, will there allegedly be a new boss, now that Seth is being shown as a plain old player character?

Ugh, who am I kidding? The only news I'm especially interested in is finding out with certainty if the remaining character predictions are true. Plus I wouldn't mind finding some decent Juri fan art, but the current pickings are pretty slim.

whitesword
1660th Post

"Re(8):Re(10):SSF4 December thread" , posted Tue 29 Dec 11:20post reply

quote:
It's only marginal news at best, but Abel, Seth, and Vega are up on the SSFIV page.

So what, will there allegedly be a new boss, now that Seth is being shown as a plain old player character?

Ugh, who am I kidding? The only news I'm especially interested in is finding out with certainty if the remaining character predictions are true. Plus I wouldn't mind finding some decent Juri fan art, but the current pickings are pretty slim.

Obviously Shin Gouki Akuma will be in the game

Ishmael
3653th Post

"Re(9):Re(10):SSF4 January thread" , posted Thu 7 Jan 01:00post reply

New ultras, costumes confirmed in a Famitsu scan.

Grave
1275th Post

"Re(10):Re(10):SSF4 January thread" , posted Thu 7 Jan 03:15post reply

vid of some new stuff

two things:
1. REVEAL THE SF3 CHARACTERS ALREADY YOU WORTHLESS COCKTEASES. FUCK.
2. this is actually looking better to me somehow god I am going to regret buying it again I know it

Toxico
4836th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):Re(10):SSF4 January thread" , posted Thu 7 Jan 03:24post reply

quote:
vid of some new stuff

The awe of seeing mech Zangief again pretty much sum up my feelings for this game completely....

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・
Translation txt currently off line.

Now sponsoring : video game analogies (ES)
Last update : Chapter 14 as of 11/12/09

Iggy
9040th Post

"Re(8):Re(10):SSF4 December thread" , posted Thu 7 Jan 03:30post reply

quote:
The only news I'm especially interested in is finding out with certainty if the remaining character predictions are true.

Is there anyone still doubting about the Capital R rumour?
I mean, it was right down to the awesome name of Dahlsim's awesome ultra.

Just a Person
1339th Post

"Re(9):Re(10):SSF4 December thread" , posted Thu 7 Jan 03:55post reply

Mech-Zangief sucks.

Bisonette Cammy, on the other hand, looks terrific!

Zangief's second Ultra Combo made me feel the pain just by watching it; damn, that could kill the opponent! Dhalsim's second Ultra Combo looks cool, but depending on the opponent (Zangief's hard head or Juri's spiky hair, for instance), he should be the one getting hurt by it.

And I agree with Grave, the game is scheduled to April, everyone has already read the leaked information about the game, so show the SFIII characters, Capcom! And Hakan too; it's amazing that Capcom is still hiding his existence when we even know his name, his nationality and his fighting style...

Toxico
4837th Post

"Re(9):Re(10):SSF4 December thread" , posted Thu 7 Jan 03:57post reply

quote:

I mean, it was right down to the awesome name of Dahlsim's awesome ultra.

Isn't the fact that you can now select your ultra a new unveiled fact unpreviously mentioned? At least I didn't knew about it.

If my eyes didn't fail me, El fuerte now uses Kinniku Spark, and Zangief used the Kinniku Driver

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・
Translation txt currently off line.

Now sponsoring : video game analogies (ES)
Last update : Chapter 14 as of 11/12/09

Spoon
1874th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):Re(10):SSF4 January thread" , posted Thu 7 Jan 04:39post reply

quote:
vid of some new stuff

The awe of seeing mech Zangief again pretty much sum up my feelings for this game completely....

http://i50.tinypic.com/eakw7n.jpg

I think Cammy is in awe of the same thing you are.

Ishmael
3654th Post

"Re(4):Re(10):Re(10):SSF4 January thread" , posted Thu 7 Jan 04:58post reply

quote:
vid of some new stuff

His belt buckle is a giant glowing Z? That is too good.

Iron D
3359th Post

"Re(5):Re(10):Re(10):SSF4 January thread" , posted Thu 7 Jan 10:06post reply

quote:
vid of some new stuff

The whole metallic russian with a red and yellow color scheme thing makes me think of Colossus.

Er.....

shin ramberk
362th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(6):Re(10):Re(10):SSF4 January thread" , posted Thu 7 Jan 11:10post reply

I'm pretty sure that's exactly what Capcom was going for (a homage to X-Men's Colossus). For a minute I had the thought how neat it would be if Capcom issued a costume pack with X-Men/Marvel themed costumes. They'd have to pay Marvel a licensing fee. If it were cool enough, I think I'd pay a little bit extra for it.

quote:
vid of some new stuff

The whole metallic russian with a red and yellow color scheme thing makes me think of Colossus.

http://ramberk.blogspot.com

Ishmael
3656th Post

"Re(7):Re(10):Re(10):SSF4 January thread" , posted Fri 8 Jan 04:15post reply

New videos that feature Cody's super and Ultra 2 in action, as well as Ken's lame-o new Ultra.

Youtube versions.

karasu99
261th Post

Copper Customer

"Re:SSF4 January thread" , posted Fri 8 Jan 09:56post reply

Official site updated again! And so soon after the last time!

If you go to the system page there are some photos of folks whose new costumes aren't shown in the latest video (also viewable on the video page).

Say, doe anyone else think Chun Li's 3rd outfit is a little... disappointing. I had hoped for something more interesting, or at least a little less loud. Although I'm sure it won't be the loudest of the new costumes (haven't seen Viper's 3rd yet).

GekigangerV
1633th Post

"Re(10):Re(10):SSF4 December thread" , posted Fri 8 Jan 10:01post reply

quote:

If my eyes didn't fail me, El fuerte now uses Kinniku Spark, and Zangief used the Kinniku Driver

Yep, El Fuerte's is even called "Ultra Spark."

New costumes aren't too good. I thought Ono said nothing really silly? But of course it's Ono . . . .

I really like Boxer's though.

Burning Ranger
1631th Post

"Super/Ultra Combo System" , posted Fri 8 Jan 14:07post reply

So are supers and ultra combos going to be selectable (like SFIII's Super Arts system), or will each character have multiple supers/ultras. I hope it's the former--part of SF IV's beauty was simplicity--1 super and ultra per character.

So much to do so little time...

Grave
1279th Post

"Re(1):Super/Ultra Combo System" , posted Fri 8 Jan 15:12post reply

quote:
So are supers and ultra combos going to be selectable (like SFIII's Super Arts system), or will each character have multiple supers/ultras. I hope it's the former--part of SF IV's beauty was simplicity--1 super and ultra per character.

They're selectable like SF3. The videos that came out in the last day or so show the ultra chosen on the vs. screen. This is good!

Catalyst
460th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(2):Super/Ultra Combo System" , posted Fri 8 Jan 15:34post reply

I enjoy vism cody via alpha 3, however cody with a pipe and a wrench is very fun too!

I am excited to play one of my favorite characters again!

Pollyanna
2825th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):Re(10):SSF4 December thread" , posted Fri 8 Jan 15:38post reply

quote:

New costumes aren't too good. I thought Ono said nothing really silly? But of course it's Ono . . . .

SFIV being tacky and ugly~!? WHAT!?

Ken's new ultra really does look stupid. Ryu's is nice, though. Hopefully we'll have fewer "kock into the air/slam into the ground" ones...?

Is it still slated for April, though? I heard Capcom was delaying like...all their games in the US? They said it in a vague way though like..."spreading out releases".

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

Gojira
2568th Post

"Re(3):Super/Ultra Combo System" , posted Fri 8 Jan 15:41:post reply

There are also some vids of new ultras on the character page of the main site, and there was a stream from CES where some people played and a lot of the new ultras were shown off.
EDIT: Recorded stream here:
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/3824735

Dan has Haoh Gadoken. It's just like it sounds. He throws a massive deformed fireball that's so powerful he can't contain it and knocks himself back.

Also Juri's Ultra I is some kind of custom combo mode, which confirms the presence of mode-style supers/ultras.

shipoopi

[this message was edited by Gojira on Fri 8 Jan 16:11]

Iggy
9042th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):Re(10):SSF4 December thread" , posted Fri 8 Jan 18:04post reply

quote:
Ken's new ultra really does look stupid.

I think Gouki is the worst. It doesn't make any sense. His english voice doesn't help.
Cammy's ultra being a counter is a great idea, though.

quote:
Is it still slated for April, though? I heard Capcom was delaying like...all their games in the US? They said it in a vague way though like..."spreading out releases".

I think it's "everywhere", and they have been pushed back to the following fiscal year, so that should mean mid-late April...
I think Lost Planet 2 and... something else is concerned.

dr baghead
3793th Post

"Re(4):Re(10):Re(10):SSF4 December thread" , posted Fri 8 Jan 18:42post reply

I like that Jungle Costume for Dan... not enough to pay actual human money to use it, but it's still pretty funny.

Blanka and Dan make for a most excellent tag image (yeah still not funny)
my silly little drawin's

Just a Person
1340th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):Re(10):SSF4 December thread" , posted Fri 8 Jan 21:12post reply

quote:
Say, doe anyone else think Chun Li's 3rd outfit is a little... disappointing. I had hoped for something more interesting, or at least a little less loud. Although I'm sure it won't be the loudest of the new costumes (haven't seen Viper's 3rd yet).

Yeah, I agree. It's not ugly, but it makes it look like she's doing a poor cosplay of herself...

Viper's 3rd. outfit is in SSFIV's official website, in the Systems page. Looks like some kind of leather catsuit, it seems. The picture doesn't provide a clear view of it, but it looks good.

quote:

Technically, the game was already delayed, since it was originally scheduled to "Spring 2010" (January-March).

Anyway, Capcom didn't release any announcement regarding the game's delay, so I guess it is still slated for April (at least for now). Plus, it seems to be already quite advanced in terms of development (although we don't know yet how advanced are the models for the SFIII characters and for the other newcomer).

kofoguz
809th Post

"Re(4):Re(10):Re(10):SSF4 December thread" , posted Sat 9 Jan 01:37post reply

quote:

Talk about dissagreement. I liked hers most. (Note: I didnt watch the stream yet) It looks like the loudest but something is far better looking than her old one for me.

karasu99
262th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(5):Re(10):Re(10):SSF4 December thread" , posted Sat 9 Jan 02:03post reply

quote:
Talk about dissagreement. I liked hers most. (Note: I didnt watch the stream yet) It looks like the loudest but something is far better looking than her old one for me.

Well, each person has their own taste For me, I just didn't like the combination of elements from her 1st outfit with new, kindof silly looking pieces. But then I haven't gotten a great look at it yet on the whole, so maybe I'm being hasty. Still, I'm surprised (especially with the throwing out of the time frame distinction between Zero/SFII/SFIII) that they didn't give her an outfit something like her Zero series one. Oh well.

After seeing the new outfit for Viper, I retract my snotty comment about how trash it would be from earlier. It's somewhat fitting and appropriate for her.

But! You can see Cody's 2nd or 3rd in one of those tiny shots-- pants and a sleeveless shirt. I really hope the remaining outfit for him will be FF-like acid washed jeans and a white t-shirt.

Iggy
9043th Post

"Re(5):Re(10):Re(10):SSF4 December thread" , posted Sat 9 Jan 02:06post reply

quote:

I'm all for being in the minority as often as possible, but sometimes, it just isn't.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you have to accept the majority is right. Chunli is just trying to be more ugly than she already was in the first game.

I'm not sure what was posted here or not, but here is a compilation of most of the new ultras:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5eo5EhmNqk

kofoguz
810th Post

"Re(6):Re(10):Re(10):SSF4 December thread" , posted Sat 9 Jan 03:01post reply

quote:
I'm not sure what was posted here or not, but here is a compilation of most of the new ultras:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5eo5EhmNqk

Bison has Leona Dynamite DM. Awesome!

Gojira
2568th Post

"Re(6):Re(10):Re(10):SSF4 December thread" , posted Sat 9 Jan 05:03post reply

quote:

But! You can see Cody's 2nd or 3rd in one of those tiny shots-- pants and a sleeveless shirt. I really hope the remaining outfit for him will be FF-like acid washed jeans and a white t-shirt.

Nakky blog gave the impression that the pants and sleeveless shirt is supposed to satisfy whoever asked for the classic outfit. But there ARE ten different colors for each outfit, so maybe there's a more accurate color/texture among them.

shipoopi

hasukii
452th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(7):Re(10):Re(10):SSF4 December thread" , posted Mon 11 Jan 19:13post reply

check the link below, the updated version of the link mentioned above.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gKV0wCC4EY

Who did this to these dogs ???

karasu99
267th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(8):Re(10):Re(10):SSF4 December thread" , posted Tue 12 Jan 01:24post reply

quote:
check the link below, the updated version of the link mentioned above.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gKV0wCC4EY

Seth's 'open guts' ultra is pretty cool looking.

Ishmael
3664th Post

"Re(9):Re(10):Re(10):SSF4 December thread" , posted Sat 23 Jan 00:35post reply

The latest page update includes the second ultras for the characters that are currently listed. Nakky's blog also claims that some big annoucement is coming on 1/28.