7th Dragon - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1417 Views )

Maou
1860th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Silver Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"7th Dragon" , posted Thu 26 Nov 17:51post reply

Hey kids, remind me: do I care about 7th Dragon? I was thinking about buying a bunch of stuff from Amazon and can't remember whether this one was worth my time.

What with the holidays in the US, I expect it'll take a while for anyone to notice, but I'll be interested to hear.

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

Replies:

karasu99
242th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(1):7th Dragon" , posted Fri 27 Nov 01:53post reply

quote:
Hey kids, remind me: do I care about 7th Dragon? I was thinking about buying a bunch of stuff from Amazon and can't remember whether this one was worth my time.

What with the holidays in the US, I expect it'll take a while for anyone to notice, but I'll be interested to hear.

Well it certainly LOOKS great, but I seem to recall someone (and I don't recall who-- was it maybe Zepy? I'm too lazy to search) noting that the gameplay is somewhat lacking. For me, the graphics are good enough to justify a purchase (especially if it's not full price).

See? I noticed!

sfried
439th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):7th Dragon" , posted Fri 27 Nov 15:44post reply

I've heard it's Etrian Odyssey presented in a Dragon Quest manner as Mr. Parish puts it, if that means anything...

Now where the hell is our Soma Bringer?

Spoon
1855th Post

"Re(2):7th Dragon" , posted Fri 27 Nov 16:56post reply

quote:
I've heard it's Etrian Odyssey presented in a Dragon Quest manner as Mr. Parish puts it, if that means anything...

So is it going to be just like Etrian Odyssey and make levelling up skills a huge part of the game except that the game really doesn't tell you just what you're getting with each skill point?

Maou
1873th Post

"Re(2):7th Dragon" , posted Mon 14 Dec 08:45post reply

quote:
Ah yes, I knew he would write something on it again. He is the only American writer I know about with any of the proper love for Shiren, after all.

And I'm reminded of why I remembered sort of caring about it: Kodama Rieko (even if he misspells it). I'm also reminded of why I stoped caring about it: the ugly character designs. I don't care if they don't really "matter" for a roguelike...if Shiren was made to look this gorgeous in the DS art after its humble beginnings of idiotic original 1994 box design in the vein of FF V's dopey box, then I'm sure 7th Dragon could have tried harder.

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

Spoon
1860th Post

"Re(3):7th Dragon" , posted Mon 14 Dec 09:40post reply

quote:
if Shiren was made to look this gorgeous in the DS art after its humble beginnings of idiotic original 1994 box design in the vein of FF V's dopey box, then I'm sure 7th Dragon could have tried harder.

I remember the first time I saw that JP boxart for Shiren, and how I wished that the game looked like it.

Then I saw the North American boxart for Shiren and I was so glad that Shiren looks the way it does.

asmodeal
16th Post

New Customer

"Re(4):7th Dragon" , posted Tue 15 Dec 05:33post reply

In a time of boredom and procrastination I spent more than 92hours playing it. A good game, some flaws and it must be a lot better when you understand the story.

– O douleur! ô douleur! Le Temps mange la vie
Et l'obscur Ennemi qui nous ronge le coeur
Du sang que nous perdons croît et se fortifie!