Randoms starring a douche bag in FFXIII video - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (2161 Views )

badoor
100th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Regular Customer

"Randoms starring a douche bag in FFXIII video" , posted Sat 14 Nov 01:22post reply

No I'm not talking about Snow. But FF XIII release date just got announced in the US and Europe through a weird pretentious video.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/dynasty-doc-final-fantasy/58997

Spoiler (Highlight to view) -
I just wanted an excuse to secretly make new thread for my 100th post honestly

End of Spoiler

Replies:

Maese
546th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(1):Randoms starring a douche bag in FFXIII" , posted Sat 14 Nov 02:28post reply

Who the hell is this Leona hag?

NeoRyu
1138th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Leona Lewis FFXIII American/European Theme" , posted Sat 14 Nov 06:29:post reply

Leona Lewis FFXIII American/European Theme

[this message was edited by NeoRyu on Sat 14 Nov 06:32]

Maese
547th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(1):Leona Lewis FFXIII American/European Th" , posted Sat 14 Nov 21:26post reply

quote:
Leona Lewis FFXIII American/European Theme

Call me weeaboo but, being both equally bland, generic, uninspired and prefabricated pop themes, the japanese version song sounds way nicer.

Iggy
9013th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Randoms starring a douche bag in FFXIII" , posted Sun 15 Nov 07:57post reply

Oh noes! The entire FFXIII experience leaked in a single flash game!

(Works as well if you replace "FFXIII" with 95% of existing RPG).

HAYATO
954th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(2):Randoms starring a douche bag in FFXIII" , posted Tue 17 Nov 07:05post reply

quote:
Oh noes! The entire FFXIII experience leaked in a single flash game!

(Works as well if you replace "FFXIII" with 95% of existing RPG).

The story looks pretty original and exciting (LOL), but I get killed almost every time I try to get to a new dot. Does anyone know how to avoid that? Damn, I want to know the end of the story and I can't manage to level up past lvl.8 !!!

sfried
439th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(2):Randoms starring a douche bag in FFXIII" , posted Tue 17 Nov 17:35:post reply

quote:
(Works as well if you replace "FFXIII" with 95% of existing post-Nomura RPG).

Spoiler (Highlight to view) -
It was all a dream. A wet dream.

End of Spoiler

[this message was edited by sfried on Tue 17 Nov 17:36]

Iggy
9015th Post

"new Kon Satoshi movie" , posted Sat 21 Nov 21:12post reply

Yumemiru Kikai

After the beautiful creative wasteland that was Paprika, Kon tries his first children movie, and I'm intrigued.

Nekros
201th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(1):new Kon Satoshi movie" , posted Sat 21 Nov 23:15:post reply

quote:
Yumemiru Kikai

After the beautiful creative wasteland that was Paprika, Kon tries his first children movie, and I'm intrigued.

Seems good and reminds me of Tezuka's work. And Madhouse rocks!
What's the translation of the title?

[this message was edited by Nekros on Sat 21 Nov 23:16]

Ishmael
3624th Post

"Re(2):new Kon Satoshi movie" , posted Sun 22 Nov 05:48post reply

quote:
Yumemiru Kikai

Seems good and reminds me of Tezuka's work. And Madhouse rocks!
What's the translation of the title?

I've always found moments of pure animated bliss in Kon Satoshi's movies but I can't say I've ever loved an entire film he's done. Even if this new movie still has those same problems I'll still go see it just to see those few good nuggets.

kofoguz
789th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"I liked douchebag starring in FFXIII vid." , posted Sun 22 Nov 07:31post reply

And I dont mean snow either.

quote:
The story looks pretty original and exciting (LOL), but I get killed almost every time I try to get to a new dot. Does anyone know how to avoid that? Damn, I want to know the end of the story and I can't manage to level up past lvl.8 !!!

I'm also interested in this question's answer so its just a reminder...

Maou
1859th Post

Silver Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(1):I liked douchebag starring in FFXIII vi" , posted Sun 22 Nov 08:43post reply

heykidsheykids
why do the in-game graphics still look like Final Fantasy X? Maybe the guy in this horrible video knows...

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

GekigangerV
1630th Post

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(1):Randoms starring a douche bag in FFXIII" , posted Sun 13 Dec 08:37post reply

Came across this the other day

Capcom lost rights to voicework/soundtrack of Rival schools

I don't know how Capcom could have made a deal where certain rights of a game that isn't based of a preexisting property could expire.

Burning Ranger
1627th Post

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(2):Randoms starring a douche bag in FFXIII" , posted Sun 13 Dec 09:46post reply

quote:
Came across this the other day

Capcom lost rights to voicework/soundtrack of Rival schools

I don't know how Capcom could have made a deal where certain rights of a game that isn't based of a preexisting property could expire.

Really? That's rather odd for there to be separate IPs for music/voice acting and the game itself. It's a shame. Would this apply to Project Justice...and potentially impact potential sequels to Rivals Schools?

Meanwhile, Megaman 10...

Advanced Cybernetic Organism "Burning Ranger"

Toxico
4813th Post

"Re(3):Randoms starring a douche bag in FFXIII" , posted Sun 13 Dec 22:04post reply

quote:

Really? That's rather odd for there to be separate IPs for music/voice acting and the game itself. It's a shame. Would this apply to Project Justice...and potentially impact potential sequels to Rivals Schools?

If I'm understanding this properly, they could perfectly re-hire the staff and seiyuus to make new materials. They lose the right of the previous used material, not the ability to start anew with any related project (They didn't lose the IP per se, nor the right to hire the seiyuus again to do new work).

It must be so nice to dream that capcom is dying to do / in the verge of doing a new Rival School or a Vampire, so very, very nice.

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・
Translation txt currently off line.

Now sponsoring : video game analogies (ES)
Last update : Chapter 14 as of 11/12/09

Ishmael
3639th Post

"Re(4):Randoms starring a douche bag in FFXIII" , posted Mon 14 Dec 04:56post reply

quote:

If I'm understanding this properly, they could perfectly re-hire the staff and seiyuus to make new materials. They lose the right of the previous used material, not the ability to start anew with any related project (They didn't lose the IP per se, nor the right to hire the seiyuus again to do new work).

It must be so nice to dream that capcom is dying to do / in the verge of doing a new Rival School or a Vampire, so very, very nice.

Here I thought it was Capcom trying to politely say that they weren't going to put everything under the sun out on PSN.

Iggy
9026th Post

"Re(5):Randoms starring a douche bag in FFXIII" , posted Fri 18 Dec 23:20post reply

OH NOES!
Bastard!! Online has been cancelled!

Now here's something nobody saw coming.

nobinobita
662th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(6):Randoms starring a douche bag in FFXIII" , posted Sat 19 Dec 04:14post reply

quote:
OH NOES!
Bastard!! Online has been cancelled!

Now here's something nobody saw coming.

Awww I would have loved seeing a new game in the 80s fantasy style.

Does anyone else here follow Bastard!!? I faintly recall other people mentioning the comic, or at least Hagiwara in the past.

Iggy
9027th Post

"Re(7):Randoms starring a douche bag in FFXIII" , posted Wed 23 Dec 04:10post reply

quote:
Does anyone else here follow Bastard!!? I faintly recall other people mentioning the comic, or at least Hagiwara in the past.

Yeah, I still kinda read it. It started again this month, with again fairly absurd results. New boobs.

Also.
Castlevania fans, a box of 18CDs just for you, 21000 yens.

nobinobita
666th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(8):Randoms starring a douche bag in FFXIII" , posted Wed 23 Dec 10:47post reply

quote:

Yeah, I still kinda read it. It started again this month, with again fairly absurd results. New boobs.

Coooool... I've never met anyone else that was into Bastard!! outside of my own siblings and direct group of friends that I forced it on.

I started reading Bastard!! when I was in middle school when they were just starting the arc with the angels. It BLEW MY MIND. The designs and the razor sharp precision of the art actually made my hands tremble. Hagiwara's art got to the point where the pages felt like they're chiseled out of marble at times.

I hope you'll excuse my gushing. It is nice to hear about someone else who follows the comic (which isn't hard to keep up with since he only releases like a volume a year).

What do you think of the current state of Bastard!! ?

I think it's funny that they're still on the same arc as when I started reading it over a decade ago. I'm also sad that it looks like they've gone over completely to digital toning in the last volume. The tones are now alot more literal (like a black and white version of a color work) instead of being descriptive and clarifying as screen tones ought to be. Also his assistants seem to be drawing alot more, sometimes entire pages. In spite of that I still get a thrill whenever a new installment comes out.