Professor, and everyone that posts here. - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1659 Views )

Hagen de Merak
1034th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Professor, and everyone that posts here." , posted Mon 19 Oct 07:07post reply

I wanted to get permission from the professor and everyone that posts here to be able to quote some of the posts or parts of them for an assignment I'm doing. I'm doing a project on "the evolution of fighting games" and people here always give great insight. Rest assured I will cite your comments back to the site, and you'll get credit. This is just for a school assignment, no profit being made here. Thanks in advance. Back to work for me :(

Replies:

Mozex
390th Post

Silver Customer

"Quote Get!" , posted Mon 19 Oct 07:25post reply

If I've managed to say anything insightful here then feel free. Of course, anything stupid or vulgar must have been somebody else using my account - I only take credit for the good stuff.

Be kind to goblins.

Iggy
8999th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Professor, and everyone that posts here" , posted Mon 19 Oct 08:09post reply

I stand by everything I posted here, and the most stupid, the better. And if I can somehow contribute to your success, then score!

Pollyanna
2789th Post

"Re(2):Professor, and everyone that posts here" , posted Mon 19 Oct 09:08post reply

I can't possibly imagine that I said anything quote-worthy, but on the off chance that I did, feel free to use it.

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

Toxico
4785th Post

"Re(3):Professor, and everyone that posts here" , posted Mon 19 Oct 09:21post reply

Make me sound weird.

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・
Last updated : 08/05/09 (99 personajes)

Now sponsoring : videogame analogies
Last update : Chapter 9 as of 02/10/09

Maou
1839th Post

Silver Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(4):Professor, and everyone that posts here" , posted Mon 19 Oct 09:24post reply

quote:
Make me sound weird.

No fear there, man! I can only dream of being as weird/cool/quotable as Toxico, so please doctor my comments and make my posts sound more interesting than they are. Also, please make extensive use of Ishmael's one-liners.

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

KTallguy
1170th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(5):Professor, and everyone that posts here" , posted Mon 19 Oct 09:52:post reply

I don't think I said anything but I don't mind if you use my stuff if you want.

Edit: I was really sleepy when I wrote the above... I can't even make a coherent sentence anymore...

Play to win... or to have fun too! :)

[this message was edited by KTallguy on Mon 19 Oct 11:25]

Grave
1228th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"oh!" , posted Mon 19 Oct 10:58post reply

pick me pick me

hikarutilmitt
514th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(1):Professor, and everyone that posts here" , posted Mon 19 Oct 12:32post reply

quote:
I wanted to get permission from the professor and everyone that posts here to be able to quote some of the posts or parts of them for an assignment I'm doing. I'm doing a project on "the evolution of fighting games" and people here always give great insight. Rest assured I will cite your comments back to the site, and you'll get credit. This is just for a school assignment, no profit being made here. Thanks in advance. Back to work for me :(

Go for it!

kofoguz
776th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(1):Professor, and everyone that posts here" , posted Mon 19 Oct 14:56post reply

quote:

If you need messages from different countries and different type of English like Turklish pick my posts..And random info: KoF has bigger following than Street Fighter in Turkiye.

badoor
91th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(2):Professor, and everyone that posts here" , posted Mon 19 Oct 15:32post reply

Go ahead. You got permission to quote my stupid posts. Oh and watch out for my grammer mistakes. And spelling ones too.

Iron D
3315th Post

"Re(3):Professor, and everyone that posts here" , posted Mon 19 Oct 18:35post reply

quote:
Go ahead. You got permission to quote my stupid posts. Oh and watch out for my grammer mistakes. And spelling ones too.

Ha! I actually did an assignment about message boards and flaming for one of my classes back in college and used the MMCafe as one of my subjects. I didn't quote anyone, or even use anyone's screen name, but I don't think I would have had the foresight to ask permission even if I did.

Like many folks here, I don't think I've said anything all that useful, but feel free to quote if you feel you could use my random ramblings.

I would also like to know if we might possibly see what comes of this project?

Er.....

Loona
273th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(1):Professor, and everyone that posts here" , posted Mon 19 Oct 18:41post reply

<insert comment about unlikeliness of quotable material to my name and pre-emptive apoligies for any spelling and grammar issues>

I think It'd be interesting to someday see the result of that work, or at least which quote made the cut - it's unlikely I'm the only one to think that...

"Beat the machine that works in your head!" - Guano Apes "Open Your Eyes"

Professor
2571th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(1):Professor, and everyone that posts here" , posted Mon 19 Oct 20:46post reply

Interesting. GO FOR BROKE!

karasu99
231th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(2):Professor, and everyone that posts here" , posted Mon 19 Oct 21:49post reply

I've never said anything of even remote import, my role here being almost exclusively to ask questions of the various subject matter experts when it comes to fighting games (and have opinions about Castlevania games). I'd be curious to see your results though.

Ishmael
3599th Post

"Re(3):Professor, and everyone that posts here" , posted Mon 19 Oct 22:32post reply

I'm glad to hear that our hobby is finally getting the academic attention it deserves! If I said anything that can help pad out your paper feel free to quote away.

Time Mage
2776th Post

"Re(1):Professor, and everyone that posts here" , posted Mon 19 Oct 23:16post reply

Use my incredible amounts of knowledge and wisdom freely. Alternatively, you can also use my stupid posts, those will be easier to find.

"News flash big guy: You can wax on wax off all you want I'm still... KICKIN' YOUR ASS!"

Spoon
1831th Post

Silver Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(2):Professor, and everyone that posts here" , posted Tue 20 Oct 02:01post reply

What? Using what we've written on mmcafe for SCHOOL?!

YOU HAVE NO DIGNITY

nobinobita
634th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(1):Professor, and everyone that posts here" , posted Tue 20 Oct 02:39post reply

quote:

Feel free to use anything I've said. I'd be happy to elaborate on anything too if you need some juicy quotes.

You have my word!

Good luck with your paper.
I'd like to read it when you're done.

Just a Person
1319th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(1):Professor, and everyone that posts here" , posted Tue 20 Oct 03:29post reply

I don't think you'll find any interesting quotes from me to use in your assignment, but if you do, sure, you can quote them.

Good luck with your assignment, and I hope your teacher likes it!

I can be any person in the world... maybe I'm this person right in front of you... maybe I'm not.

mbisonhatclub
125th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):Professor, and everyone that posts here" , posted Tue 20 Oct 05:17post reply

I know I don't post much but if there's anything amicable of my saying then feel free to utilize such good sir!

join the m.bison hat club today
i'm not just the president i'm also a client

Hagen de Merak
1035th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(2):Professor, and everyone that posts here" , posted Thu 22 Oct 11:22post reply

Thanks everyone for your consent.

quote:

If you need messages from different countries and different type of English like Turklish pick my posts..And random info: KoF has bigger following than Street Fighter in Turkiye.

That's actually really interesting, that KOF is more popular than SF in Turkey.

Amakusa
826th Post

"Re(1):Professor, and everyone that posts here" , posted Thu 22 Oct 16:03post reply

I'm pretty sure I don't post anything that has to do with fighting games.

I found Kagami's sword in a junk yard.
I will rule the world and find that truly good cup of coffee.
"Dink-a-dink-a-dink-a-do."

emagius
0th Post

New Customer

"Re(2):Professor, and everyone that posts here" , posted Sat 24 Oct 02:23post reply

quote:
I know I don't post much but if there's anything amicable of my saying then feel free to utilize such good sir!

You've posted 125 times more than I have. Or so computers tell me. >_>

The OP is free to quote me to his/her heart's content. In fact, so too is everyone else. I'm just that generous.

kofoguz
781th Post

"Re(3):Professor, and everyone that posts here" , posted Sat 24 Oct 06:40:post reply

quote:
That's actually really interesting, that KOF is more popular than SF in Turkey.

Also your name can be translated Turkish to english as "Hagen has Curiosity"

Edit: Actually "Curiosity in Hagen" would be true-r.

[this message was edited by kofoguz on Sun 25 Oct 00:47]

NARUTO
3714th Post

"Re(4):Professor, and everyone that posts here" , posted Sat 24 Oct 21:07post reply

I don't think I ever posted something really interesting, but anyways...Take what you need it's not a problem for me.

Fortes fortuna juvat...

Kikkoken
1193th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(5):Professor, and everyone that posts here" , posted Mon 2 Nov 21:00post reply

Take all you need from me too!