Okami? +Walt Disney? = Epic Mickey? - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1487 Views )

kofoguz
774th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Okami? +Walt Disney? = Epic Mickey?" , posted Fri 9 Oct 08:16post reply

I saw those concept art for a while ago like most of you guys.
But today I saw this link and this link I thought this worths a new thread.
quote:
This forgotten world is run by Oswald the Rabbit. He was Disney's first creation, made long before Mickey Mouse, and his jealousy of the newcomer has fermented for years. Now, finally, Oswald is ready for revenge.

And this makes me excited for the game, imagining the game's art style from concept art with gameplay similar to Okami helps a lot. I'm really hyped for this.
What do you guys think?

P. S: Kudos to Capcom for creating a new genre; Georgeus Art Puzzle.

Replies:

Freeter
4476th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Okami? +Walt Disney? = Epic Mickey?" , posted Fri 9 Oct 13:35post reply

If they can make Mickey look this badass, then imagine what they can do with the other Disney characters.

Someone tell these guys to make Epic Darkwing Duck. I'll be all over that like ants on chocolate.

Loona
269th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(2):Okami? +Walt Disney? = Epic Mickey?" , posted Fri 9 Oct 18:46post reply

quote:
If they can make Mickey look this badass, then imagine what they can do with the other Disney characters.

Someone tell these guys to make Epic Darkwing Duck. I'll be all over that like ants on chocolate.

Not before they tackle something like Scrooge's early Klondike years and whatever other epic stuff from his youth Carl Barks and Don Rosa may have covered - I haven't read those stories, but all I read about them makes them sound like interesting ground to cover.

"Beat the machine that works in your head!" - Guano Apes "Open Your Eyes"

Ishmael
3589th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(3):Okami? +Walt Disney? = Epic Mickey?" , posted Sat 10 Oct 01:00post reply

The animation on the classic Disney stuff always seemed to perk up when something evil or weird was happening on screen. If the game can tap into that sort of energy it's going to be great.

As a side note, it's strange how Mickey Mouse -who has been little more than a corporate shill for ages- has had more adventures in video games recently than he has in any other media.

nobinobita
633th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(4):Okami? +Walt Disney? = Epic Mickey?" , posted Tue 13 Oct 08:09post reply

quote:
The animation on the classic Disney stuff always seemed to perk up when something evil or weird was happening on screen. If the game can tap into that sort of energy it's going to be great.

I hope they treat the Disney characters with as much reverence and respect as Square did with Kingdom Hearts (best 3d classic cartoons ever). Those classic cartoons are classic for a reason, they're GREAT! I also hope they can tap into that crazy energy and artistry that flows so vividly through the golden age disney cartoons.

quote:
As a side note, it's strange how Mickey Mouse -who has been little more than a corporate shill for ages- has had more adventures in video games recently than he has in any other media.

The best thing about characters like Mickey, Donald and Goofey is that you can put them into any situation and it'll be interesting. I always viewed Mickey as a very classic hero. He's plucky, good natured and always ready for a brawl (there was alot of fighting in those early cartoons). He's very iconic, which in the last few decades has made him much better suited for games than for movies or TV (where characters need to have lots of ingratiating personality quirks).

I feel the same way about all of Capcom's classic characters. They can be mixed up in anything and it'd be fun. I really wouldn't mind if they made like... a Shenmue style game starring Ryu as he travels the world and fights while doing odd jobs for money. Oh boy that'd be cool!