Jump! (and other indie games thread) - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1223 Views )

Iggy
8991th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Jump! (and other indie games thread)" , posted Thu 8 Oct 06:41post reply

If any of you feels like trying something a bit different and has a 360, I would strongly advise you to give a try to Arkedo Series - 01 JUMP!, a French XNA game that was released recently (by Arkedo, the team who made Nervous Breakdown and Big Bang Mini for DS, two games you should have played because they are awesome).

Someone wrote why you should try it better than I would ever did

I'd just like to emphasize that I really, really like the graphics.
It is not "let's do an ugly game with fat pixels like in the 80's", but "let's do a pretty game which would have big pixels like in the 80's, but would also look nice by 2009 standards".
By which I mean: the graphics are a genuine tribute to that aesthetic, without the tongue-in-cheek side Paul no Daibouken had, for example.

If you don't have 240 MS points (that's, what, 3$?), then try to find the message I stealth-posted a few weeks ago somewhere on this board.

Replies:

ONSLAUGHT
3868th Post

"Re(1):Jump! (and other indie games thread)" , posted Thu 8 Oct 07:11post reply

quote:

If you don't have 240 MS points (that's, what, 3$?), then try to find the message I stealth-posted a few weeks ago somewhere on this board.

Onsy is broke. Onsy demands those 240 MS points. What Onsy demands, Onsy gets.

Iggy
8992th Post

"Re(2):Jump! (and other indie games thread)" , posted Thu 8 Oct 07:16post reply

quote:

I have them right here. When can you come to London to take them?

Maou
1829th Post

Silver Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(3):Jump! (and other indie games thread)" , posted Thu 8 Oct 07:30:post reply

quote:

I have them right here. When can you come to London to take them?

"Psst, hey kid, I have a shiny new toy for you, just follow me..."

Forewarned is forearmed!

Though actually I would most certainly pursue this transaction.

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

[this message was edited by Maou on Thu 8 Oct 07:32]

Iggy
9002th Post

"Swap! (and other indie games thread)" , posted Sat 24 Oct 20:15post reply

And the second game of the series is there, Swap!.

It's a Panel de Pon with good controls, a weird cat, and "1/3 contents for adult" for a reason I just can't really understand (the marvels of the XNA system).

I really, really like the idea of "let's try to make one new game every two weeks in as many different genres as possible". Try it!

kofoguz
781th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(1):Swap! (and other indie games thread)" , posted Sun 25 Oct 01:47post reply

quote:

It's a Panel de Pon with good controls, a weird cat, and "1/3 contents for adult" for a reason I just can't really understand (the marvels of the XNA system).

I really, really like the idea of "let's try to make one new game every two weeks in as many different genres as possible". Try it!

LOL, YOU BURNT 324 CALORIES!

I'm a junkie when its about this type of games. Puzzles with bright colors and sense humour such as when you did destroy too many blocks, it says "HOLY SH!T"

Oh wait hopefully it would come to wii, too. TBH hopefully my wii comes to me soon, too.

Spoon
1840th Post

Silver Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(1):Swap! (and other indie games thread)" , posted Wed 28 Oct 08:36post reply

quote:

I'd be really, really surprised if it was just 2 weeks from conception to online store. Dealing with certification easily takes weeks.

chazumaru
683th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(2):Swap! (and other indie games thread)" , posted Wed 28 Oct 10:03post reply

quote:

I'd be really, really surprised if it was just 2 weeks from conception to online store. Dealing with certification easily takes weeks.

It took them three days to get approval. XNA goes by different rules than XBLA. Actually they were not expecting the second game to be approved so soon.

However, you are correct: development took them about five or six weeks rather than two. They produced the two games simultaneously.

IT'S THE BLACK PUDDING!